Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3296757 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #33780 on: April 19, 2024, 03:42:16 PM »
Tweet deleted..goddamnit..cant even remember what it was either
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 12:10:15 PM by MMaRsu »
What

Polident Hive

« Reply #33781 on: April 21, 2024, 02:25:46 PM »
Found a box in my closet filled with old never worn GameStop (and Electronics Boutique?) preorder shirts. Oldest is Shinobi PS2 from 2002. Some are for games I never bought or played. There’s a baby blue Dead Rising Wii shirt. High fashion.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33782 on: April 23, 2024, 05:37:49 PM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33783 on: April 23, 2024, 05:43:23 PM »
What

Svejk

« Reply #33784 on: April 24, 2024, 09:59:27 AM »

I keep waiting for the toonami guy to end with "This game will make you a goddam sexual tyranosaur.. just like me"

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33785 on: April 24, 2024, 04:45:02 PM »
1800 Megs of pure entertainment!
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33786 on: April 25, 2024, 12:26:49 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #33788 on: April 29, 2024, 05:40:43 PM »
Fuck yes...

https://x.com/Housemarque/status/1784895491123405216

EDIT:  A graphic fucking novel.  WTF is this bowlshit.  :oreilly :nope :camby
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 09:09:52 AM by Svejk »

Polident Hive

« Reply #33789 on: April 30, 2024, 12:54:00 AM »
After however much rigmarole around new computers, I ended up buying an updated version of the same lenovo legion laptop I’ve been using  :-\

Pretty good price. Still too big to actually use as a laptop. But what’s nice is PC stagnation means it can play most games comfortably in quiet mode at 1440p 60fps. Enough headroom that sacrificing 10-20% performance for less heat and fan noise is viable.

Have to say, really pleased with this purchase (2023 Lenovo Legion 5 Pro). Every minor issue with the previous laptop (y740) has been fixed or refined. 16:10 makes a bigger difference than I thought for usability. Silent mode is actually silent in most instances and it doesn't get warm to the touch.

The only small downgrade, and this seems true any "gaming" laptop nowadays, is how bad the speakers are. The Steam Deck has better speakers. Guess there's the expectation for gamers to use massive headsets that leave dents in their skulls. Eventually plan is to use an external monitor and speakers so it's not a big deal.

Svejk

« Reply #33790 on: April 30, 2024, 09:40:20 AM »
On the other hand, yeah,  this is the main reason I need to game more on PC... Mods always ftw.
https://x.com/Agent4709/status/1771681705746674000

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33791 on: April 30, 2024, 11:21:03 PM »
After however much rigmarole around new computers, I ended up buying an updated version of the same lenovo legion laptop I’ve been using  :-\

Pretty good price. Still too big to actually use as a laptop. But what’s nice is PC stagnation means it can play most games comfortably in quiet mode at 1440p 60fps. Enough headroom that sacrificing 10-20% performance for less heat and fan noise is viable.

Have to say, really pleased with this purchase (2023 Lenovo Legion 5 Pro). Every minor issue with the previous laptop (y740) has been fixed or refined. 16:10 makes a bigger difference than I thought for usability. Silent mode is actually silent in most instances and it doesn't get warm to the touch.

This is how I feel about my Blade 14 (2023) too.  In fact when I was monitor shopping recently, I was disappointed to find that 16:10 gaming monitors aren't a thing.

The only small downgrade, and this seems true any "gaming" laptop nowadays, is how bad the speakers are. The Steam Deck has better speakers. Guess there's the expectation for gamers to use massive headsets that leave dents in their skulls. Eventually plan is to use an external monitor and speakers so it's not a big deal.

It could be the sound settings.  The Lenovo Legion Go's speaker's don't sound great out of the box, but go and adjust some of the Realtek settings and it's a noticeable improvement.  Still, you're right in that a lot of gaming laptops don't have the best speakers.  My Maingear Vector Pro 17's speakers are so low that if the fans are running you can barely hear anything!  I always just used headphones, a portable speaker, or regular speakers with it though so never bothered me.  Speaking of Lenovo again, I also have a Chromebook Duet 3 and it also has pretty bad speakers.  When I'm at home, I typically have this in the same spot and use these little bluetooth stereo speakers with it.  They sound pretty good for the price.  I also have two of these speakers which are larger, but are more travel friendly.  You can pair them up for stereo as well.  Used to use one of them all the time with the Maingear.

There are also third-party apps you can get to boost sound levels, but I've always stayed away from them because people have said that they can cause damage.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:25:43 PM by bork »
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #33792 on: May 01, 2024, 01:10:23 AM »
Yeah. I’m going to mess around with software to see if I can get any depth of sound. I’m far from an audio snob. Still I’d like some bass. Anything to stop it sounding like a can and a string.

In time I’ll get some speakers. Again, not an audio guy, but it’s amazing how the same exact speakers I’ve been using for nearly 15 years are on market and recommended. With stereo or 2.1 setups, there isn’t much space to grow.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33793 on: May 01, 2024, 12:01:46 PM »
Yeah. I’m going to mess around with software to see if I can get any depth of sound. I’m far from an audio snob. Still I’d like some bass. Anything to stop it sounding like a can and a string.

In time I’ll get some speakers. Again, not an audio guy, but it’s amazing how the same exact speakers I’ve been using for nearly 15 years are on market and recommended. With stereo or 2.1 setups, there isn’t much space to grow.

Lemme guess, those speakers are the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1? Mine finally kicked the bucket last year after 20 years so I replaced with the same pair.
^_^

Svejk

« Reply #33794 on: May 02, 2024, 11:47:27 AM »
https://x.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1784793613173698985

Post translation: It’s 14 years since PW went on sale. I was still in my mid 40s. At the time, many game companies were shifting towards developing apps for flip phones. After making MGS4, I realized that it is vital to have a proprietary engine. Games would only make a vertical leap once such an engine was completed. In the meantime, I proposed making Peace Walker in order to evolve MGS horizontally (i.e. across platforms). At first, it was called MGS5PW, but this received strong opposition from overseas marketers, so I abandoned the consecutive numbering. As it was on PSP, the target demographic was lowered to elementary, middle and high school students. I aimed for this young generation so that the MGS series could gain fans from two generations- parents and their children.
:ohhh  Funny how corpo decisions quickly make him have reasoning behind his justification.  :doge
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 11:53:04 AM by Svejk »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33795 on: May 02, 2024, 02:16:37 PM »
I bet the real reason is "They told me to make a PSP game to cash in on the Monster Hunter craze."

U AIN'T SLICK KOJIMA
:bolo
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #33796 on: May 03, 2024, 12:03:48 AM »

Lemme guess, those speakers are the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1? Mine finally kicked the bucket last year after 20 years so I replaced with the same pair.

Couldn’t go with a subwoofer at the time. It’s a Creative brand stereo speakers. T20 or T40. Bass is decent enough for my ears that I never thought to upgrade. The only time I flirted with relatively higher end audio was, like a lot of people back then, buying Sennheiser 595s… I don’t think AirPod pros are considered higher end audio.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33797 on: May 04, 2024, 12:37:06 AM »
I still have some T40s here that worked fine last time I used them.  Been years though.  Also have their Pebble speakers which are pretty decent for the low price and take up little space.  Been using Razer Nommo Chroma speakers with my PC setup for the past 6-7 years and they're pretty nice too.

For higher quality audio and surround sound, I stick with headphones.  Maybe one day I'll try surround sound speakers- my basement appears to be wired for it already or at least has the grills around the ceiling from a previous owner.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33798 on: May 04, 2024, 05:54:17 AM »
These distinguished mentally-challenged fellows acting out against PSN account linking <> Steam as every other publisher under the sun doesn't do the exact same thing

SMH

Gamers are a mistake
What

Svejk

« Reply #33799 on: May 04, 2024, 12:21:28 PM »
These distinguished mentally-challenged fellows acting out against PSN account linking <> Steam as every other publisher under the sun doesn't do the exact same thing

SMH

Gamers are a mistake
There's such a mass of anti-PS armies out there looking for any reason to bash them. Sure, like every other big game co., they do shitty and questionable things, but lately they seem to be on full force (the bashers).  I assume it's the whole Helldiver's 2 thing?  Don't see why it's a big deal.  People should be glad it's not an exclusive game... Does it have cross play?

The whole Stellar Blade thing going on now too.. I guess it's not surprising the reeeeetards love to hate on it, but with Tifa running around, 90% naked in a bikini, tits bouncing, ..that's ok.. Bayo 3? Not a peep.  It's ok too... But Sony actually puts out an exclusive game with similar tones, and they are the bad guys now for allowing that.
It's kind of comical, tbph.

Coax

« Reply #33800 on: May 05, 2024, 09:20:22 AM »
Does it have cross play?

Yeah, which worked without the PSN account apparently. Players are now region-blocked via Steam so I can't blame them for being annoyed.

SMH

Gamers are a mistake

This the same MMaRsu that literally paid Russian hackers for an Epic account just to play Tony Hawk, so they didn't have to give Epic their direct info? :doge

Svejk

« Reply #33801 on: May 05, 2024, 11:37:32 AM »
Does it have cross play?

Yeah, which worked without the PSN account apparently. Players are now region-blocked via Steam so I can't blame them for being annoyed.
Ah, yeah, that's understandable.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33802 on: May 05, 2024, 11:54:37 AM »
Does it have cross play?

Yup.  Something our boy MMaRsu left out is that since PSN accounts aren't available in every country, it means there are a number of players who now can't play the game and are rightfully pissed off about it. It's caused Steam reviews to crater and apparently valve has taken the game down in these countries so potential sales are lost.  Some people have also been able to get refunds despite having a number of hours in the game.

Shitty Sony policies strike again!  Kusony, if you will.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33803 on: May 05, 2024, 01:17:37 PM »
You can literally make an account from countries that arent available to you, and even Sony recommends you doing so (to choose a region closest available to yours). I guess they didnt want to deal with any hassle and just pulled it though.

For instance in the Philippenes you create a hongkong account and sony wont ban you or anything.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 01:39:09 PM by MMaRsu »
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33804 on: May 05, 2024, 02:34:27 PM »
That works because they're countries that are in the same region. If you do it outside of a region that they don't support, The account can be banned. Not to mention reports of the game being removed for sale in these countries.

This was a dumb move on their part, period.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33805 on: May 05, 2024, 02:36:21 PM »
That works because they're countries that are in the same region. If you do it outside of a region that they don't support, The account can be banned.

This was a dumb move on their part, period.

No one has ever been banned for doing so.

Not saying its not a dumb move. But it can be easily circumvented and Sony doesnt care.

Just like many Ive had seperate psn accounts for us/japanese regions since the ps3 days
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33806 on: May 05, 2024, 02:38:38 PM »
You were posting as I was editing mine- The game has allegedly been removed for sale from these particular countries where this would be a problem. Not sure if the folks who are in those countries can still play the game or not. If they already have it. This is dumb.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33807 on: May 05, 2024, 02:39:17 PM »
You were posting as I was editing mine- The game has allegedly been removed for sale from these particular countries where this would be a problem. Not sure if the folks who are in those countries can still play the game or not. If they already have it. This is dumb.

Yeah its a boneheaded move for sure
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33808 on: May 05, 2024, 02:40:39 PM »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2024/05/05/sony-is-making-a-truly-terrible-mistake-with-helldivers-2/?sh=3737bf1777f5

Even the developer of the game, Arrowhead Games, is expressing dismay over the change, with one community manager suggesting that players change their Steam reviews to negative in protest. Clearly Sony has badly misjudged the situation and should walk back this utterly preposterous policy before they ruin a good thing. As the saying goes: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #33809 on: May 05, 2024, 11:10:12 PM »
Here ya go, Himu

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33810 on: May 06, 2024, 03:00:25 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Svejk

« Reply #33811 on: May 06, 2024, 09:35:11 AM »
[close]
:lol

I'm surprised they actually caved tbph

https://x.com/PlayStation/status/1787331667616829929

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33812 on: May 06, 2024, 11:04:29 AM »
Gamerzzz still crying over Stellar Blade  :cry
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33813 on: May 06, 2024, 12:00:03 PM »
[close]
:lol

I'm surprised they actually caved tbph

https://x.com/PlayStation/status/1787331667616829929

Probably has to do with the countries where it's not available and it being pulled from Steam there
What

Svejk

« Reply #33814 on: May 07, 2024, 10:02:25 AM »
Microsoft Closes Redfall Developer Arkane Austin, Hi-Fi Rush Developer Tango Gameworks, and More in Devastating Cuts at Bethesda
https://www.ign.com/articles/microsoft-closes-redfall-developer-arkane-austin-hifi-rush-developer-tango-gameworks-and-more-in-devastating-cuts-at-bethesda

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1787836112460820692

:dayum  what the hell

And when Hellblade 2 underperforms, I can see Ninja Theory dissolving by year end as well, I hate to say..
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 10:07:54 AM by Svejk »

Bebpo

« Reply #33816 on: May 07, 2024, 01:07:35 PM »
At this rate a quarter of the industry is going to be out of work by the end of the next few years  :-\

Indies and AAAAA and nothing inbetween.

Svejk

« Reply #33817 on: May 07, 2024, 01:40:05 PM »
At this rate a quarter of the industry is going to be out of work by the end of the next few years  :-\

Indies and AAAAA and nothing inbetween.
Just like how they want to wipe the middle class..  :ohhh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33818 on: May 07, 2024, 01:46:42 PM »
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #33819 on: May 07, 2024, 02:20:24 PM »
Microsoft Closes Redfall Developer Arkane Austin, Hi-Fi Rush Developer Tango Gameworks, and More in Devastating Cuts at Bethesda
https://www.ign.com/articles/microsoft-closes-redfall-developer-arkane-austin-hifi-rush-developer-tango-gameworks-and-more-in-devastating-cuts-at-bethesda

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1787836112460820692

:dayum  what the hell

And when Hellblade 2 underperforms, I can see Ninja Theory dissolving by year end as well, I hate to say..

Shocking news, MS usually has a great track record in managing their studios.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #33820 on: May 08, 2024, 06:10:33 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33821 on: May 08, 2024, 07:57:46 PM »
What

Himu

« Reply #33822 on: May 09, 2024, 01:46:07 AM »
Svjek

check this playlist out

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33823 on: May 09, 2024, 01:01:43 PM »

New ASUS Rog Ally is getting announced in a couple of hours- it's a refreshed unit and is not supposed to have a spec bump, but looks like it will have an improved form factor and come in black. 

Speculation is a fixed SD card drive, bigger or higher-res screen, and a bigger battery.  I'd like to see a second USB-C port on it. 

Unless it does have a new APU that's much better than what's out there now (doubtful), I'll be sticking with the Legion Go.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33824 on: May 09, 2024, 09:58:51 PM »
The announcement video for the updated Ally ended up being an announcement that they will unveil it on 6/2.  Who are they, Nintendo?
:dead

The Verge has some info.

https://www.theverge.com/24152945/asus-rog-ally-handheld-gaming-pc-2024-revision
But the newly black-colored handheld will have a substantial battery life improvement, Asus SVP Shawn Yen tells The Verge — because Asus will cram a substantially larger battery pack into the Ally X’s revised shell. “We’re not looking at 30 to 40 percent more capacity,” he tells me. “We’re looking at way more than that.”

Battery isn’t the only change Asus is talking about today; the Ally X is about addressing many of the community’s top priorities for how to revise the original. “We think about battery and storage, graphics and memory, ports... our goal is to fit as many of those as possible into a device like this,” says Asus senior product manager Gabriel Meng.

Again, no specs today, but Asus says the Ally X should now have more than its current 16GB of RAM so that you can allocate lots of it to the GPU without impacting the rest of the system. It should have a longer M.2 2280 SSD slot, so buyers can more easily find and purchase larger SSD upgrades than the current M.2 2230 allows.

The Ally X should also be even more repairable, with redesigned joystick modules that are more interchangeable — and upgradable, I imagine, if Gulikit steps up? While I didn’t get to see it for myself, Asus says the handheld will be slightly heavier due to the larger battery, with revised grips, and slight tuning to things like the D-Pad, joysticks, and triggers.

Big deal if it's gonna have more than 16GB of ram, but we should still be seeing some newer, better hardware popping up next year.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 04:03:22 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #33826 on: May 13, 2024, 03:48:45 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/05/13/square-enix-is-done-with-playstation-exclusivity-after-profit-drop/?sh=481aa420b602

About time.

I mean, I feel like outside of 16 and Rebirth, everything else they've released has been multiplatform already?

So now mainline FF will be. Ok. Should be fine on Switch 2, though don't expect them to push PS5/PS6 visuals much if they have to make sure the games run on Switch 2.
SE is doomed anyhow, so doesn't really matter.

Himu

« Reply #33827 on: May 13, 2024, 03:54:23 PM »
Most of Japan is on Switch. You have a lot of your key audience on that system. Only FF diehards bought XVI and VII Rebirth and how many diehards does FF really have anymore? You milked your product dry. Four years after original remake? FF is nothing like how it was in its prime. Splitting one of the most hotly anticipated remakes into a three part game. So many factors.

Make the next FF for Switch, PS, and PC. Push aesthetic over cutting edge graphics. Make it turn based Ike FFX/1-III or have ATB. Go back to basics. Make Kitase direct and hire Naora to write. Downscale Nomura esque hijinks. They do not help when you need organization in a time of battle. Potentially hire Sakaguchi as advisor or producer. He’s amazing at seeing talent and putting it in the right holes. Save FF. FFXVII should be a back to basics affair. Turn based is cool again. Baldurs Gate III just ransack shyt.

FF has more than a platform problem. FFXVI is on ps5 and pc and has been utterly forgotten. It was also the first major FF (and now Rebirth) I haven’t bought since becoming a fan with FFVII in 1997.

Save the franchise.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33828 on: May 15, 2024, 12:06:43 PM »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #33829 on: May 15, 2024, 05:53:45 PM »
looks sick
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #33830 on: May 16, 2024, 12:40:48 AM »
Saw this game on a random youtube rec and lmfao

"Oh it's just a Crazy Taxi wannabe."
"Get the bombs? Uhhh lmao"
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #33831 on: May 16, 2024, 02:02:41 AM »
Saw that Assassin's Creed Japan stars Yasuke and cacs are going insane in a frenzy. White men truly are pathetic weaklings.

Looks dope. Day one :rejoice
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33832 on: May 16, 2024, 12:52:57 PM »

I really wanted to buy this but I bought Ghost of Tushima first.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33833 on: May 16, 2024, 12:56:06 PM »
Saw that Assassin's Creed Japan stars Yasuke and cacs are going insane in a frenzy. White men truly are pathetic weaklings.

Looks dope. Day one :rejoice

Oh sure now it's white men who are the bad guys. Maybe stop being such a racist cunt?

The cultural appropriation from Ubisoft is pathetic, and you're falling for it.

Imagine wanting to play as a japanese protagonist in an fuedal japanese setting smh. RACIST RACIST!!!!

And you're gonna say "But the female is japanese! Whats the beef?" Well my question is why is she a fictional character, and he isn't? What's the point of having Yasuke in there?

Either way if you don't like it you're labeled a racist, or a snowflake or whatever. It's so fucking pathetic and clear Reeee strategy. Are you imploying that BS here too?

I love CJ. He's my fav GTA protag. Marcus from WD2 is dope. Plenty of black protagonists and characters I adore.

This does not fit within the setting. Plenty of japanese gamers seem not to be amused either.

In previous AC games (with the exception of Eivor in Valhalla), all the protagonists are indigenous to their country in which you play. But why not here? When people have been clamoring for a AC game set in Japan since forever?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33834 on: May 16, 2024, 01:09:28 PM »
Pretty sure all these folks are racists too according to Himu
What

Himu

« Reply #33835 on: May 16, 2024, 01:11:13 PM »
White men are always crying. They’re easily the worst gamers.

Why are they using the “he was only a retainer” argument? These dudes know nothing about samurai. Mitsuhide Akechi, one of Oda’s most loyal men, and the man infamous for betraying and killing him, was one of his retainers. Yet no one would debate Mitsuhide was a samurai. Moreover, even Hideyoshi Toyotomi, the future shogun and one of the three great uniters, was also a retainer of Oda. Essentially, being a retainer is high rank and definitely qualifies under the prerequisites of the definition of samurai. They’re just too ignorant and racist to know otherwise.

But nope. Here comes the white experts.

Didn’t have a problem having Nioh having a white lead. Didn’t make any noise of Tom Cruise being the Last Samurai. But any time there’s a black lead for anything there’s riots and talk of boycott from San Andreas to this. Even the black made Metroidvania Tales of Kenzera is accused of being DEI. It gets to a point where black people realize cacs only have a problem when there’s a black main character of anything irregardless of context.

Imagine waking up and being a hateful, filthy, pasty, unlotioned cac. Today I woke up and thanked Allah that I was moisturized. Racist whites are the enemy. I wish their mothers swallowed them instead of giving them birth. One less racist cracker on the streets of America. Pathetic, vile, weak race of men. Always wah wah-ing when they’re easily the weakest bunch in the whole barrel.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33836 on: May 16, 2024, 01:22:55 PM »
Listen the DEI nonsense isnt what Im talking about but theres a legitimate gripe for wanting to play as a legit japanese character in a japanese setting.

Its why Im excited to play Ghost of Tushima and bought it right away.

With Ubisofts storytelling sensibilities, Im not really sure the story will be good at all. I havent liked a Ubisoft story since Watch Dogs 2.

I love Afro Samurai. I have no issue with some shit like that.

But to me this DOES feel like pandering regardless of the DEI sheit which Im not a fan of. And yeah its a real shame Tales of Kenzaru was bombarded with that bullshit as well. I still want to play that.

Edit-

maybe its not pandering but it does come across as Ubisoft saying nah fuck that we aint putting in a male asian protagonist.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33837 on: May 16, 2024, 01:27:41 PM »
White men are always crying. They’re easily the worst gamers.

Why are they using the “he was only a retainer” argument? These dudes know nothing about samurai. Mitsuhide Akechi, one of Oda’s most loyal men, and the man infamous for betraying and killing him, was one of his retainers. Yet no one would debate Mitsuhide was a samurai. Moreover, even Hideyoshi Toyotomi, the future shogun and one of the three great uniters, was also a retainer of Oda. Essentially, being a retainer is high rank and definitely qualifies under the prerequisites of the definition of samurai. They’re just too ignorant and racist to know otherwise.

But nope. Here comes the white experts.

Didn’t have a problem having Nioh having a white lead. Didn’t make any noise of Tom Cruise being the Last Samurai. But any time there’s a black lead for anything there’s riots and talk of boycott from San Andreas to this. Even the black made Metroidvania Tales of Kenzera is accused of being DEI. It gets to a point where black people realize cacs only have a problem when there’s a black main character of anything irregardless of context.

Imagine waking up and being a hateful, filthy, pasty, unlotioned cac. Today I woke up and thanked Allah that I was moisturized. Racist whites are the enemy. I wish their mothers swallowed them instead of giving them birth. One less racist cracker on the streets of America. Pathetic, vile, weak race of men. Always wah wah-ing when they’re easily the weakest bunch in the whole barrel.

Nioh was made by a japanese team. And adams was a real important person. But they have the freedom to picture their culture however they want.

Isnt it cultural appropriation for french canadians (mostly white people I might remind you) for them to reenvision it this way?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33838 on: May 16, 2024, 01:51:05 PM »
Then again there's always a new outrage every other fucking week im really done with that bullshit too
its just a lot of grifting for the wrong reasons

I never hear an outrage about the 70$ filled with microtransactions, season passed out the ass, 130$ play 3 day early edition and get these extra missions, online required to install stuff

And thats just as annoying and probably even worse for the industry

next to this entire grifting bullshit

So Ill just go watch Shogun, play Ghost of Tushima PC Port and report back on how it is :)
What

Himu

« Reply #33839 on: May 16, 2024, 01:57:56 PM »
Cacs have been mad at black main characters including Mafia III and Prototype 2. They will say this is about being in Japan but Yasuke was a real person and a real samurai. No, it’s about blackness. Crackers are the enemy and treat us as such.

The past few years have had numerous samurai games you can choose from: Sekiro, Ghost of Tsushima, the upcoming Rise of the Ronin, and more. Many begged Ubi to make this game for over a decade and they were beaten to the punch in more ways than one. It seems obvious to me they don’t want to be compared to Ghost of Tsushima and others and wanted to differentiate themselves in an already busy field. But nope. Crackers gotta cry. Crackers: Shadows Cry First.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 02:02:37 PM by Himu »
IYKYK