Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5475441 times)

Himu

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| RIP Cain Train #pizzagate
« Reply #65220 on: August 05, 2020, 02:45:43 PM »
Axios just published a piece claiming Biden is deciding between Kamala and Rice.

Pretty crazy to think that if Biden wins and he doesn't complete his term, his VP pick could be President for a decade or so with little effort.
Kamala ruling for 10+ years would pretty much spell the end for the momentum of the left wing of the Democratic party.

You know what? I'm going to go the Jonathon Swan route.

Nintex, how would his VP pick be president for the next decade?
IYKYK

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #65221 on: August 05, 2020, 02:48:51 PM »
We have all the details from the @SpeakerPelosi- @SenSchumer - @stevenmnuchin1- @markmeadows Covid relief talks in PLAYBOOK this morning

Does this mean they're (collectively) going to turn this election into a debate over this topic? Seems stupid, but not beyond probability.

Also, President Trump:

“This thing’s (covid) going away. It will go away like things go away,” Trump said Wednesday morning in a telephone interview with Fox News. He said the U.S. is in “very good shape” while touting economic indicators.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65222 on: August 05, 2020, 02:49:57 PM »
it's possible the Dems are seeking funding for these things because they actually think it's important for people's lives

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #65223 on: August 05, 2020, 02:52:06 PM »
Democrats caring about people and not doners

:heyman :girlaff :sabu

:camby
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65224 on: August 05, 2020, 02:52:23 PM »
Axios just published a piece claiming Biden is deciding between Kamala and Rice.

Pretty crazy to think that if Biden wins and he doesn't complete his term, his VP pick could be President for a decade or so with little effort.
Kamala ruling for 10+ years would pretty much spell the end for the momentum of the left wing of the Democratic party.

2020 - Biden is elected.
2022 - Biden resigns after 1 or 2 years in office and the Trump circus has left town, VP takes office 2 years into Biden's term
2024 - VP is reelected
2028 - VP is reelected
🤴

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #65225 on: August 05, 2020, 02:52:28 PM »
22nd amendment.  His VP could serve the final 2 years of a biden presidency and still be eligible for two elected 4 year terms.  If something  happens to Biden in the first or second year of his term then the VP would only be eligible for one more term.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65227 on: August 05, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »
22nd amendment.  His VP could serve the final 2 years of a biden presidency and still be eligible for two elected 4 year terms.  If something  happens to Biden in the first or second year of his term then the VP would only be eligible for one more term.
Yep, the plan will be at least two years so this can happen and Biden can actually be President for a while.
He will set the agenda and deflect the attacks from Trump and the GOP so the VP can implement and then continue.
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #65229 on: August 05, 2020, 03:02:27 PM »
if the gop are making those concessions that's pretty good. I would just take it. But like others have pointed out there are no representatives from Senate Rs so it's not clear if that deal is even actionable. WTF is McConnell doing?

edit: maybe I'm just a coward and Pelosi's right
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65230 on: August 05, 2020, 03:03:09 PM »
Ah yes.. "the play will be".. you heard it here first from the former editor of the 2nd largest Nintendo website in the Netherlands.

The 10-year Harris presidency seems to have replaced the Ivanka presidency that was predicted last week.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65231 on: August 05, 2020, 03:05:10 PM »
Ah yes.. "the play will be".. you heard it here first from the former editor of the 2nd largest Nintendo website in the Netherlands.

The 10-year Harris presidency seems to have replaced the Ivanka presidency that was predicted last week.
Trump's VP has the same benefit. If Trump was reelected he probably wouldn't finish his term either.
Just own the libs for 2 more years and have the VP figure it out, but he'd rather have one of his kids stepping in his footsteps than Mike Pence but it's not at all certain he can stay in office that long.
🤴

james

« Reply #65232 on: August 05, 2020, 03:05:33 PM »
What if Harris picks Ivanka as vp as an incredible show of bipartisanship and unity and coming together

And then ivanka drops some polonium in kamalas coffee

shosta

« Reply #65233 on: August 05, 2020, 03:06:00 PM »
what if you both shut up
每天生气

james

« Reply #65234 on: August 05, 2020, 03:07:39 PM »
what if you both shut up

Lick my scrotum, Glenda

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65235 on: August 05, 2020, 03:10:56 PM »
if the gop are making those concessions that's pretty good. I would just take it. But like others have pointed out there are no representatives from Senate Rs so it's not clear if that deal is even actionable. WTF is McConnell doing?

edit: maybe I'm just a coward and Pelosi's right

McConnell spent a week trying to get his caucus to coalesce around a plan (after wasting months after passing the CARES Act). All he got was a bunch of Republicans yelling at each other and a proposal that the Dems didn't take seriously.

Whatever the final bill is, there will be a lot of Republicans voting against it in the Senate (they're not as scared of a Trump tweet now because his numbers are so bad, and a bunch like Cruz are already jockeying for 2024 where they can say how they voted against the biggest handout of taxpayer money in the history of this great country). So McConnell's washing his hands of the process.

Meadows was apparently pushing for a "majority of the majority" threshold where they'd only pass something if most R Senators voted for it (used to call this the Hastert Rule but I can see why you'd want to avoid that!), but it's not clear that's what will happen, or even is possible.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65236 on: August 05, 2020, 03:14:15 PM »
Yeah.

That was the one thing that was in both the HEROES and HEALS Acts.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65237 on: August 05, 2020, 03:18:18 PM »
it's $1200 to everyone, including undocumented immigrants and incarcerated persons, no income limits, but excluding bore poster riotous and his relatives

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #65238 on: August 05, 2020, 03:25:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/AngelaBelcamino/status/1235222133099372545

:trumps

Got some 90's british house playing in another tab and her dancing goes along perfectly with it...
^_^

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #65239 on: August 05, 2020, 03:29:28 PM »
it's $1200 to everyone, including undocumented immigrants and incarcerated persons, no income limits, but excluding bore poster riotous and his relatives

Finally something both parties can agree on.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #65240 on: August 05, 2020, 03:29:45 PM »

2020 - Biden is elected.
2022 - Biden resigns after 1 or 2 years in office and the Trump circus has left town, VP takes office 2 years into Biden's term
2024 - VP is reelected
2028 - VP is reelected

Why would a vp reelected? Can you point to me the last time America voted in a veep? Granted Biden has a case this year but it's a special case under a special assortment of circumstance. Can you point to me a Veep ever being elected twice?
IYKYK

james

« Reply #65241 on: August 05, 2020, 03:32:14 PM »
Can you point to me the last time America voted in a veep?

Bush was VP and then Bush served 3 terms and just yesterday Bush won a primary

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65242 on: August 05, 2020, 03:32:44 PM »
There's only one question we should be asking Nintex at this point: which of your predictions do you have enough confidence in to wager some money?

james

« Reply #65243 on: August 05, 2020, 03:33:14 PM »
There's only one question we should be asking Nintex at this point: which of your predictions do you have enough confidence in to wager some money?

Another reason to have a dedicated betting forum. Keep Nintex honest!

james

« Reply #65244 on: August 05, 2020, 03:33:51 PM »
Speaking of betting, did you guys know you could turn your $1,200 stimulus check into $5,000 or maybe even $50,000? Send me a pm to learn more!

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #65245 on: August 05, 2020, 03:37:20 PM »
at this point I am kind of hoping the reps throw their hands up and pass majority of the dem plan, calculating it'll be easy to pin ballooning deficits/spending on the dirty libs down the road. obviously there will be the unintended consequence of people not starving, but can't win em all.

Himu

« Reply #65246 on: August 05, 2020, 03:37:29 PM »
Can you point to me the last time America voted in a veep?

Bush was VP and then Bush served 3 terms and just yesterday Bush won a primary

I was asking Nintex, and that happened *checks notes* over thirty years ago and he lost re-election. And LBJ lost his re-election bid as well. Essentially, there is no precedent for Nintex's quackery.

Kamala was so unpopular she left the race before primaries were opened.

Basically, what I'm telling Nintex, that unless you're like Vom and on the up and up on American history to please

You being almost as bad as Nintex while being American should personally make you want to commit seppuku or equally shut the fuck up.
IYKYK

james

« Reply #65247 on: August 05, 2020, 03:38:47 PM »
Cindi why do you hate strong black women?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65248 on: August 05, 2020, 03:42:12 PM »
Trying to figure out what happened with the liability shield. Haven't seen it mentioned in the last few couple of reporting on the negotiations.

Either that's a "discuss it later because we're so far apart" thing or the WH dropped it (which could explain why Mitch is sulking).

Himu

« Reply #65249 on: August 05, 2020, 03:43:40 PM »
Tasty, please make a script that turns every James post into the rock_shutup_bitch.avi youtube link for my sanity. There are few posters as stupid and irritating and given he's from the Tri-state area, a location exalted for its education standards, makes me feel existential. Hopefully he's a transplant.

IYKYK

james

« Reply #65250 on: August 05, 2020, 03:44:27 PM »
Tasty, please make a script that turns every James post into the rock_shutup_bitch.avi youtube link for my sanity. There are few posters as stupid and irritating and given he's from the Tri-state area, a location exalted for its education standards, makes me feel existential. Hopefully he's a transplant.

Cindi, why do you want to silence a minority?

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #65252 on: August 05, 2020, 03:45:59 PM »
I feel like James hails from south jersey, anything outside of ~15 miles north or south of the I-80 corridor may as well be Kentucky.

james

« Reply #65253 on: August 05, 2020, 03:49:08 PM »
Im from mexico you pinche gringos

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #65254 on: August 05, 2020, 03:50:55 PM »
I was bummed that the U.S. Postal Service appears an early sacrificial lamb in that tweet.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #65255 on: August 05, 2020, 03:52:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/subtlebodhi/status/1290499775524028417

Yes, the hard hitting interview that exposes the president is a distraction. Fuck off.
Not making excuses for either the tweet or poo-pooing the interview but what new thing(s) did you learn from the axios interview that you didn’t already know? Did it change your opinion about trump in any meaningful way?

Himu

« Reply #65256 on: August 05, 2020, 03:53:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/subtlebodhi/status/1290499775524028417

Yes, the hard hitting interview that exposes the president is a distraction. Fuck off.
Not making excuses for either the tweet or poo-pooing the interview but what new thing(s) did you learn from the axios interview that you didn’t already know? Did it change your opinion about trump in any meaningful way?

I want as many opportunities as possible to expose Trump as deranged madman out of his element.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65257 on: August 05, 2020, 04:08:18 PM »
Man, I'm already tired of President Kamala. Bring on the 2032 elections already!
dog

Himu

« Reply #65258 on: August 05, 2020, 04:14:49 PM »
Which side did you take in the second American Civil War, Rumbler?
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65259 on: August 05, 2020, 04:17:01 PM »
Man, I'm already tired of President Kamala. Bring on the 2032 elections already!

we've got a sentient dog-being who transcends our narrow view of linear time and it won't give us any betting tips smh

Kara

« Reply #65260 on: August 05, 2020, 04:17:22 PM »
Which side did you take in the second American Civil War, Rumbler?

He fought with John Titor, obviously.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #65261 on: August 05, 2020, 04:20:11 PM »
Can't wait to be able to vote online with my IBM 5100.
©@©™

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #65262 on: August 05, 2020, 04:21:50 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #65263 on: August 05, 2020, 04:28:05 PM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Himu

« Reply #65265 on: August 05, 2020, 04:31:52 PM »
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65268 on: August 05, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »
Republicans finally waking up?

Probably not to the degree that they'd abandon American conservatism, but I could see them feeling that the Congressional GOP botched the job.

After the Clinton impeachment the GOP felt that their Congressional leaders were toxic and went with GWB to sort of clear the slate. Then he tarnished the party brand himself, and the Tea Party reboot was predicated on the image of citizen protesters and "outsider" candidates who weren't tied to a party (but who voted and ran exclusively within the GOP).

I'd expect another wave of "this isn't your father's Republican party: meet the young guns who are going to shake up Washington!" stories in a couple years.

Himu

« Reply #65269 on: August 05, 2020, 04:40:37 PM »
Republican party will still live as long as there's conservative news radio, sites, YouTube, and news channels. Every ten years we get "the death of the republican party" and nothing happens to truly make it happen.
IYKYK

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #65270 on: August 05, 2020, 04:48:25 PM »
I used to think once Rush left, a lot of the angry right wing stuff would die off, as eve his imitators didn't have the reach he did, but Alex Jones and the like has shown that you can be super niche and still have a lot of influence.

shosta

« Reply #65271 on: August 05, 2020, 05:01:20 PM »
first map is dumb but second one is doable! let's do it!
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #65272 on: August 05, 2020, 05:03:01 PM »
God I wish we could just separate this dumb, overly big country.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #65274 on: August 05, 2020, 05:07:49 PM »

Probably not to the degree that they'd abandon American conservatism, but I could see them feeling that the Congressional GOP botched the job.

After the Clinton impeachment the GOP felt that their Congressional leaders were toxic and went with GWB to sort of clear the slate. Then he tarnished the party brand himself, and the Tea Party reboot was predicated on the image of citizen protesters and "outsider" candidates who weren't tied to a party (but who voted and ran exclusively within the GOP).

I'd expect another wave of "this isn't your father's Republican party: meet the young guns who are going to shake up Washington!" stories in a couple years.

QAnon.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #65275 on: August 05, 2020, 05:11:17 PM »

QAnon.

The worst thing about republicans is that they just get worse. The ones after Trump will be horrifying. We should split the nation now tbh. It's a shame the most logical answer is also the least practical in terms of execution.
IYKYK

Kara

« Reply #65276 on: August 05, 2020, 05:13:31 PM »
A state blocking easy Pacific access to not one but two squatter petro states sure won't be subject to all kinds of fuckery.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #65277 on: August 05, 2020, 05:14:40 PM »
A state blocking easy Pacific access to not one but two squatter petro states sure won't be subject to all kinds of fuckery.

Pacifica should annex Panama for absolute fuckery.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #65278 on: August 05, 2020, 05:15:51 PM »
"I took the isthmus!"—President Edmund G. Brown
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #65279 on: August 05, 2020, 05:16:50 PM »