Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 1519565 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Re: NBA season thread (CP3 to Blake all day)
« Reply #3301 on: December 14, 2011, 08:41:07 PM »
Clippers would lose 4 more games with that trade.   :lol

That sounds crazy but Stephen A Smith is already talking about how Kobe is very likely to demand a trade.  Too bad there's 1% chance of this trade happening.  It would be hilarious to see how LA fans react. 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3302 on: December 14, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »
Kobe should be pissed. Jim Buss seems intent to saving as much money as possible, and coasting for a few more years on Kobe's rep. His salary is a little more tradeable under the new CBA but it's hard to imagine any team being able to contend after a reasonable trade....
vjj

Smooth Groove

« Reply #3303 on: December 14, 2011, 09:46:37 PM »
Kobe has no leverage this time other than his no-trade clause.  I wonder if Kobe will threaten retirement if Lakers fail to get Dwight and then refuse to trade Kobe to somewhere that he likes. 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3304 on: December 14, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »
The Lakers really wouldn't be that great with Dwight and Kobe and nothing else anyway. I really don't see them contending with that. You let those two get theirs, blanket the god-awful role players (Fisher and Artest wouldn't be starting anywhere else, and just can't score anymore...and those are the good ones...) and any contender will beat them in a series IMHO.
vjj

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3306 on: December 14, 2011, 10:12:18 PM »
Also, if we ignore the conflict of interest issue (and take Stern at his word that he was acting only in his capacity as 'owner of the Hornets' when he nixed the Lakers trade), he starts to look pretty good. The Hornets' future is now a lot brighter than it would have been with a team based around (no doubt disinterested/disgruntled) vets like Scola and Kevin Martin. David Stern - always liked him!
vjj

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #3307 on: December 14, 2011, 10:17:26 PM »

Smooth Groove

« Reply #3308 on: December 14, 2011, 10:27:13 PM »
According to Hollinger, who won in the CP3 trade?

benjipwns

« Reply #3309 on: December 14, 2011, 10:30:26 PM »
Hornets because of the methodology that favors more players over one good one: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7o5734u

Oops, thought you meant in the trade machine not his column.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:39:36 PM by benjipwns »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3310 on: December 14, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »
you know i love you Smooth:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fi.

Nal.

Ly.

Chris Paul is being traded from the New Orleans Hornets to the Los Angeles Clippers -- for real this time -- and now we all can get on with our lives. Bravo for the beleaguered Clips, who get both their second superstar, to pair with Blake Griffin, and their moment in the spotlight in a market in which the mighty Lakers blot out the sun 99 percent of the time.

While Paul is both a superstar and a perfect complement to the high-flying Griffin, he doesn't come without warts. He has a bad knee, and that's a problem, especially for a 6-foot point guard; 7-footers can overcome stuff like this because their primary advantage, height, remains in force, but if a small guard loses a step, he immediately becomes much more ordinary.

Second, he's committed to the Clippers for only two years. He might very well sign on for three more after the season, but if Donald Sterling pulls his usual shenanigans, Paul also might decide this wasn't worth the trouble and threaten to bolt again.

• Enlarge

Kirby Lee/US Presswire
Eric Gordon and Chris Kaman now take their skills to the Big Easy.
Nonetheless, it was a no-brainer for the Clippers to leverage their assets in a deal of this type, although they must wish they didn't have to leverage so many of them. The NBA, acting as legal guardian of the New Orleans Hornets, drove a hard bargain, ending up with the better of the two Erics (Eric Gordon) they haggled over as well as Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and an unprotected 2012 first-round pick belonging to Minnesota.
Ultimately, I think this was basically a fair trade. Give the Clips a slight advantage since they got the blue chip and because this couldn't possibly have been a better fit -- L.A. has shooters galore around Paul and two dunkers in the middle to throw down his passes.

Nonetheless, New Orleans didn't come out badly. The Hornets will miss the playoffs this season, but they won't be terrible and have cleaned up their balance sheet nicely going forward.

As for the assets sent out for Paul, the package looks logical from here. Part of the reason the Clippers had to include Gordon, I suspect, is that the Minnesota pick might not be worth as much as people think. Despite all the half-witted things the Timberwolves have done the past few years, I have them projected as an almost-decent team in 2011-12. Thus, the Hornets might end up receiving more like a No. 11 pick than a coveted top-three selection.

Gordon, of course, is a prime asset, a potential All-Star shooting guard; you can't blame the Clippers for wanting to keep him and the Hornets for wanting him included. Had the Clips been able to insert Eric Bledsoe in Gordon's place, they might very well have won the Western Conference this season.

Now they won't, although they'll still be very good -- a solid playoff team. For the moment, some holes remain. They're badly in need of a defensive stopper on the wing and some backup frontcourt players; they likely will trade Mo Williams to solve one problem and use their two-year, $2.5 million "under-cap" exception to tackle the other. They need a coach, too, but that's a story for another day.

The Clippers also generated two small trade exceptions with this deal, one for $3.8 million and another for $2.5 million. Their size limits their effectiveness, but they could come in handy either now or at the trade deadline. (Those two 2015 second-rounders, by the way, are basically nonexistent junk that had to be included, per league rules, because this deal was effectively three separate trades: Paul for Kaman and the first-rounder, a junk second-rounder for Aminu and another junk pick for Gordon. One of the picks is from Memphis and has conditions so tight it will never get to the Hornets to give to the Clippers; the other is from the Hornets and has similar conditions).

The Hornets, meanwhile, can get on with their lives as well. Presumably they'll re-sign Carl Landry and possibly Willie Green and Jason Smith, as they're still well under the salary cap. Additionally, expect a trade of either Kaman or Emeka Okafor some time between now and the trade deadline.

Long term, the Hornets get a solid forward prospect in Aminu, a no-brainer keeper in Gordon and effectively two lottery picks -- the one the Clippers gave them and the one they'll get on their own now that Paul is gone. They'll almost certainly sign Gordon to an extension, but even so, the Hornets have max cap space going forward and a nice, clean balance sheet to present to potential buyers.

(And you'd better believe they'll have a buyer before June 28. Can you imagine the conspiracy theories if the NBA-owned Hornets won the lottery?)

So call it a win-win. The Clippers are more relevant than they've been in years, and will stay that way as long as Griffin's and Paul's knees remain intact.

The Hornets, meanwhile, get a second chance. The unwritten story behind the Paul trade is how badly the New Orleans franchise squandered the prime years of Paul and David West with a series of bloated contracts and bizarre decisions. Under new ownership and Dell Demps' management, they'll try to avoid repeating the same mistakes with Gordon, Aminu and their two 2012 lottery picks.
[close]
vjj

Smooth Groove

« Reply #3311 on: December 14, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
Thanks! 

Good take, as usual, by Holinger although Clippers being a legit finals contender without having to trade Gordon sounds a bit far-fetched. 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3312 on: December 14, 2011, 10:43:49 PM »
Well, I think (having spend hours yesterday reading up on all Hollinger's team previews*) that's factoring in significant leaps for Gordon and Griffin, which I find eminently reasonable, and factoring in steps backward by the older teams (Spurs, Lakers, Mavs). I'd give that Clips team a shot for sure vs the Thunder or the Grizz in the WCF.

*those are all player-based though - he doesn't actually give team grades that I could find
vjj

Smooth Groove

« Reply #3313 on: December 14, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
It's just that it always seems to take more than 1 season for a team to gel when adding a bunch of new players.  MJ's 2nd 3peat team and the Big 3 Celtics were the rare exceptions. 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3314 on: December 14, 2011, 11:01:16 PM »
Yeah, but upgrading massively at PG is the best possible way to 'disrupt' your team.
vjj

benjipwns

« Reply #3315 on: December 14, 2011, 11:03:28 PM »

Why did everyone get in shape during the lockout? This is no fun.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3316 on: December 14, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »
apparently ZACH RANDOLPH got in shape. mind-boggling. I thought for sure huge contract extension + lockout would mean at least one DUI and an extra 20lbs but no.
vjj

Himu

« Reply #3317 on: December 14, 2011, 11:09:29 PM »
What are these dudes eating?
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #3318 on: December 14, 2011, 11:15:39 PM »
Article on Randolph: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/dec/11/z-bos-zeal/
Drake and Matrisciano met and went shopping at Whole Foods.

"It was a workout," Drake said. "He preached to me, yelled at me and we went down every aisle. It was nice. We needed a change."

The groceries include chicken and fish. No red meat. Randolph replaced soda with water and pure juices with low sugar. Drake bought grains and pasta, and removed fried or processed foods from the family menu.

"Everything is organic, gluten-free and nondairy," Drake said. "It's low in fiber and low in fat."

Randolph, who admitted the change in diet was most difficult, is big on snacks. But instead of candy and potato chips, Drake hands him toast with gluten-free peanut butter. She even found gluten-free cookies and a chocolate pudding that meets their new nutritional standards.

"It's weird, but it actually tastes very good," said Drake, who also changed her eating habits to encourage Randolph. "I also keep a lot of fruits and vegetables out. I kind of force him to eat that. And I always have a salad made.

These guys all got the Fear of Kemp in them I guess:
"Me and Shawn Kemp are friends, but he signed a contract, went into a lockout and came back overweight," Randolph said. "I didn't want to be like that."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:18:58 PM by benjipwns »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3319 on: December 14, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »
seems weird to be feeding him grains and pasta but fretting about gluten in the peanut butter but oh well
vjj

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #3320 on: December 15, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »
You know its going to be an exciting season when two of the teams you look forward to seeing play are the Grizzlies and the Clippers. Who would have expected that a few years ago.

etiolate

« Reply #3321 on: December 15, 2011, 09:33:17 PM »
don't forget Rubio and the T-Wolves

Stoney Mason

« Reply #3322 on: December 16, 2011, 12:30:08 AM »
Kobe Bryant blames owners

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant swears he's moved on from the three-team trade that was nixed by NBA commissioner David Stern last week, ultimately preventing the Los Angeles Lakers from acquiring Chris Paul.

But that doesn't mean Bryant is buying Stern's explanation that he acted independently of the protests of owners and vetoed the trade purely because of "basketball reasons."

"I think other owners did not want the Lakers to make significant improvements again," Bryant said after practice Thursday, hours before Paul's introductory news conference with the Los Angeles Clippers, less than five miles across town.

"We always contended as players that the lockout was really more so about the owners fighting amongst themselves, which is what you just saw [with the vetoed trade]," Bryant said. "You got Chris Paul coming here and the other owners weren't with that, because you don't want another great player coming to L.A., and all of the sudden Los Angeles has another player that can carry them on well after I retire. So, it's more about the owners bickering amongst themselves."

Bryant added that the Lakers were "getting hammered" by the new tenets of the recently ratified collective bargaining agreement, which will include a revenue sharing obligation of $50 million per season by the Lakers, as well as a more punitive luxury tax system that will severely penalize the Lakers unless they cut down their $83 million payroll between now and 2013-14 when the new taxes kick in.

Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss has continued to privately seethe over Stern's decision, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Buss' anger did not boil over when the crosstown Clippers acquired Paul. But like Bryant, Buss took exception to Stern's characterization of what went on behind the scenes before the trade was vetoed.

Stern told reporters on a conference call Wednesday night that New Orleans Hornets general manager Dell Demps never believed the trade between the Lakers, Houston Rockets and Hornets was finished before Stern stepped in to kill it.

"That's a flat-out lie," said the source with knowledge of Buss' thinking.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told reporters Monday that the team "did the best we can to express our displeasure" to the league.

Despite frustration from the Lakers over how the trade went down, especially since Lamar Odom was traded to the Dallas Mavericks because he requested a trade after being hurt by being included in the Paul deal, Bryant shrugged off the outcome.

"My message to the guys is, look: L.O. [Odom] is gone, there's nothing we can do about it," Bryant said. "So, other guys have to step up and contribute. Ron [Metta World Peace] has to have more responsibilities, [Devin] Ebanks has to have more responsibilities and that's just the way it goes."

Added Bryant: "It's just part of business. Sometimes you get trades done, sometimes you don't. It's as simple as that."

Lakers center Andrew Bynum isn't fretting the failed trade at all. In fact, he thinks the Lakers are better off with it falling through.

"I'm happy we didn't do it," Bynum said. "I don't think you trade two 7-footers for a point guard. Ever."

With the failed Lakers trade in the past, the Clippers' future looks bright having acquired Paul, Caron Butler and Chauncey Billups this offseason to complement the returning talent in Blake Griffin, Mo Williams and DeAndre Jordan.

"It's a great acquisition," said Bryant. "It's tough, Eric Gordon I've always thought extremely high of him and [Chris] Kaman had a year there where he played extremely well, so it's tough to see them go, but Chris is a fantastic player. They made a great addition."

When asked if the Clippers were a playoff team, Bryant said, "They should be."

He also believes they "could be" a contender to come out of the Western Conference.

"Their roster looks extremely impressive," Bryant said. "Chris is a great floor general. I'm sure they'll get after it defensively as well. There will be a lot of energy behind them. I'm sure they'll do more than well."

Bryant welcomed the shift in the professional basketball landscape in L.A.

"It's about damn time," Bryant said. "We had one year there where they were doing something in the playoffs and we weren't [in 2006]. And now it looks like it can be something that's more consistent."

Griffin's first words about Paul's arrival -- "Lob city!" he said gleefully to fellow high-flying teammate Jordan on Wednesday -- have already become a Twitter trending topic and a T-shirt in Los Angeles.

Bryant admitted the "Lob City" Clippers will be exciting.

"I'm definitely going to go watch them," Bryant said. "Come on, man. Blake Griffin has like a 60-inch vertical. Chris is vastly entertaining. For sure, I'll definitely check them out. They're a team with a high motor. They're young and they run up and down the floor and this, that and the other."

But he doesn't think an exciting style of play is necessary to be successful.

"I like jewelry. ... I like winning," Bryant said. "If at this stage of our careers we're the boring team, then we're the boring team. As long as we get results."

Bryant reiterated his stance that the Lakers were good enough to compete for a championship as presently constructed and continued to support the team's front office.

"I don't expect this to be a situation like it was in 2005 when they said, 'You know what? We're just going to cut payroll, we're just going to cut everything and not contend for a championship,'" Bryant said. "I don't expect that to be the case. I expect them to still try to be aggressive and make moves to build a championship team and if that's the case, I'll stand out of their way and let them do what they do.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7358231/kobe-bryant-blames-owners-failed-chris-paul-los-angeles-lakers-deal

etiolate

« Reply #3323 on: December 16, 2011, 06:51:18 AM »
"We always contended as players that the lockout was really more so about the owners fighting amongst themselves, which is what you just saw [with the vetoed trade]," Bryant said. "You got Chris Paul coming here and the other owners weren't with that, because you don't want another great player coming to L.A., and all of the sudden Los Angeles has another player that can carry them on well after I retire. So, it's more about the owners bickering amongst themselves."

I cannot tell if the players are selectively blind or just plain oblivious to their involvement in creating the climate of the trade. This is just as much if not more about the owners fighting against players dictating where they will play despite contractual obligations. The Lakers were only an option because they were the Lakers. I'm sure NO could have had more offers if every team didn't know Paul would destroy the trade if he didn't like the destination.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3324 on: December 16, 2011, 11:17:01 PM »
Kobe's wife filed for divorce.  Worst week ever?
yar

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #3325 on: December 16, 2011, 11:19:27 PM »
If you're a Lakers fan, yes. I'm a Heat fan, though, so I couldn't care less. :rofl

Stoney Mason

« Reply #3326 on: December 16, 2011, 11:26:51 PM »

If ever a smug emoticon was needed its right here.

:smug

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3327 on: December 16, 2011, 11:36:14 PM »

please let the papers have said 'for basketball reasons'
vjj

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3328 on: December 16, 2011, 11:49:07 PM »
God damn I can't watch that Stern video without simultaneously wanting to plow Rachel Nichols and also beat Stern to death with his own sense of entitlement.  I HAS A CONFUSE
yar

etiolate

« Reply #3329 on: December 17, 2011, 12:07:01 AM »
Stern has that "I've gotten away with far worse" grin about him.

Beezy

« Reply #3330 on: December 17, 2011, 12:12:56 AM »

please let the papers have said 'for basketball reasons'
:rofl

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #3331 on: December 17, 2011, 12:14:46 AM »
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3332 on: December 17, 2011, 12:32:15 AM »
meh

Kobe has no fucking right to complain about not having help after pushing Shaq out. If he wanted more rings, that was the time to do it.
vjj

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3333 on: December 17, 2011, 12:34:29 AM »
meh

Kobe has no fucking right to complain about not having help after pushing Shaq out. If he wanted more rings, that was the time to do it.

FACT
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3334 on: December 17, 2011, 01:22:11 AM »
I never like it when contenders dump salary (Sarrrrrverrrr!) but I'll be glad to avoid the "Well, Kobe did get as many rings as MJ..." arguments.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #3335 on: December 17, 2011, 01:37:28 AM »
Warriors pre-season opener tomorrow. You going down etiolate!
itm

etiolate

« Reply #3336 on: December 17, 2011, 02:15:46 AM »
It's on pilon!

Now begins the last temptation of Jimmer. Can he become the NBA's Tebow?

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3337 on: December 17, 2011, 03:19:12 AM »
meh

True, I was speaking mostly through fanboy dialect in that I'd like to see one my favorites get another ring.

I was happy to see Dirk and mostly Kidd get a ring, those dudes deserved it.

Sure, I understand that sentiment, and was delighted for Dirk, Kidd and Terry. But personally I'd be pulling for the likes of Grant Hill and Steve Nash to get a ring over anyone else at this point. They've put in years of excellence and haven't seen a 10th of the recognition that Kobe has, say. Hill has completely reshaped his game around the team's needs and his own capabilities, which I doubt Kobe will be able to do...if he's even playing at Hill's current age (38!)
vjj

Stoney Mason

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3339 on: December 17, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
Yeah, Steve Nash is a class act and it's unfortunate that he never got a ring.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3340 on: December 18, 2011, 05:51:19 AM »
Speaking of players' time running out before they reach their goals, Brandon Roy retired today.

NBA fans got cheated by physiology out of seeing a strong Roy/Oden/Aldridge team.  Forget championships, that core never even got a memorable playoff run together.  Bah.

Himu

« Reply #3341 on: December 18, 2011, 06:01:35 AM »
Houston did okay tonight. I mean, we did go up against a Spurs team without Tony Parky and Tim Duncan but...we did well. Scola scored 20 points, and it was definitely his game. I think that Scola/Martin trade should have gone down though. Scola plays poor defense.

Solid pre-season game, but the Spurs were underpowered. Still Scola with 20 points in 21 minutes is pretty solid, Jordan Hill played well - let's see this on a consistent basis - and I always chuckle when the Spurs lose cuz fuck them Spurs.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 06:06:04 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3342 on: December 18, 2011, 06:10:26 AM »
Rockets still don't have a big man so they're in talks of acquiring Samuel Dalembert who is an FA. Going from Pau Gasol to Nene to Marc Gasol to this...lol.  Daryl Morey's definitely trying his hardest to get the team in shape.
IYKYK

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3343 on: December 18, 2011, 06:33:09 AM »
Speaking of players' time running out before they reach their goals, Brandon Roy retired today.

NBA fans got cheated by physiology out of seeing a strong Roy/Oden/Aldridge team.  Forget championships, that core never even got a memorable playoff run together.  Bah.

They never actually won a playoff series, so yeah. I hope he got a good buy-out from the Blazers 'cause he had a lot of years left on that contract. Very disappointing but the crazy thing is the Blazers keep finding other parts to plug in.

Speaking of the Blazers, I wish they'd amnesty Camby so the Celtics could get him. He's exactly what they need right now.
vjj

etiolate

« Reply #3344 on: December 18, 2011, 08:07:28 AM »
Rockets still don't have a big man so they're in talks of acquiring Samuel Dalembert who is an FA. Going from Pau Gasol to Nene to Marc Gasol to this...lol.  Daryl Morey's definitely trying his hardest to get the team in shape.

After watching how bad the Kings are on defense, I kind of hope Dalembert will resign with Sacto.

Bacchus7

« Reply #3345 on: December 19, 2011, 12:21:54 AM »
Late but just wanted to post something as a tribute to BRoy.

DTF

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3346 on: December 19, 2011, 02:04:18 AM »
Unfortunately for the Trail Blazers, it was directly after this game [and possibly even as a result of it] that the World Champion Mavs emerged.
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3347 on: December 19, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »
Kyrie Irving looks like he's going to be a good one.
©ZH

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3348 on: December 19, 2011, 07:33:20 PM »
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7370035/peja-stojakovic-decides-retirement-dallas-mavericks-championship-run

Not shocking but if not for the back woes, he could have given Ray a run for his money in career 3s, I thought. Oh well, at least he went on a relatively high note.
vjj

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #3349 on: December 19, 2011, 07:50:40 PM »
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7370035/peja-stojakovic-decides-retirement-dallas-mavericks-championship-run

Not shocking but if not for the back woes, he could have given Ray a run for his money in career 3s, I thought. Oh well, at least he went on a relatively high note.

In the Finals, Peja performed almost as poorly as LeBron. At least one of the two has the good sense to retire.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3350 on: December 19, 2011, 07:57:42 PM »
One of them has a good excuse, jesus. Many people would have trouble getting out of bed with the kind of back and neck problems he has - my mum won early retirement for 'em!
vjj

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #3351 on: December 19, 2011, 08:05:34 PM »
One of them has a good excuse, jesus. Many people would have trouble getting out of bed with the kind of back and neck problems he has

Are we talking about LeBron's lack of a spine?  :spin

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3352 on: December 19, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
Count it!

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3353 on: December 19, 2011, 08:08:56 PM »
well-played :lol

Still think Peja deserves a pass on the Finals. He played his ass off against the Lakers - him and Terry raining threes to eliminate them is a very happy memory for me
vjj

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #3354 on: December 19, 2011, 08:10:32 PM »
He was pretty good with a 40-point lead.

I kid. And how could we expect Peja to have a good back after carrying Webber for all those years.

Which is Iverson's career TS% and which is Webber's.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:13:20 PM by Flannel Boy »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3355 on: December 20, 2011, 06:28:11 AM »
FIVE DAYS   :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant
vjj

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3356 on: December 20, 2011, 01:14:51 PM »
This is the most I've looked forward to Christmas since I was a kid.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3357 on: December 20, 2011, 01:26:59 PM »
This is the most I've looked forward to Christmas since I was a kid.

I thought you were Jewish  :lenowned

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3358 on: December 20, 2011, 01:38:25 PM »
This is America!  Don't tell me what I can or can't be. :wag

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3359 on: December 20, 2011, 07:36:04 PM »
Celtics start out with 3 games in 4 nights. We're going to see a lot of shitty basketball unfortunately.

Hollinger makes a lot of sense in calling for the Nuggets to make a lot of regular-season noise this year, much as i hate to encourage ch1nchilla in any way. They're 12 deep, mostly young, and Karl will play them all. Plus, they were pretty damn good after the trade last year anyway. Not to mention the built-in advantage of altitude that Denver always has - which will be even more of a factor this year.

Still, I'm betting the vet teams will mostly improve in the playoffs with some rest. I expect the standings to be utterly bizarre by the end of the reg season though.
vjj