Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 1519564 times)

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Seriously.
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I sincerely hope OKC can keep this pace and beat them tonight.  Make the Spurs look human for god's sake.
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
It has to happen eventually but as long as they keep playing Perkins and Fisher over Collison and Sefolosha, the Spurs will still win the series handily. Even with adjustments and perfect play, the Thunder have a huge hole to climb out of now.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
neato behind the back from Parker to Westbrook there
vjj

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Good to see the Thunder rolling. Hopefully they win the next one too to setup a really big game 5.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
holy fuck, just tuned in.  what a shalacking
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I thought we all established basketball players were bigger hipsters than actual hipsters.
püp

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
Yeah, he's skinny even for a 3, not sure how he will hold up to 82 games against men.  If you remember when Kevin Garnett was young, even he struggled at times.  And he had 100x the offensive game that Davis has shown thus far.

Davis is a special talent defensively and has a good nose for the ball, but will he be strong enough to get where he needs to get to against NBA men?  Might take a few years.

And with his frame, it's easy to imagine him not being able to put on much weight at all.
Bro, if you end up with MKG or Beal you'll be in damned excellent shape.
UK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Jame with three fouls. Thoughts, Etiolet?  :-*

etiolate

makeup calls in the next game would be nothing new

the 2010 nba finals consisted of doc rivers and phil jackson working the refs back and forth to get their way

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
ESPN ranking Rondo 10th in the post-season MVP rankings  ::)

Quick, name 5 that have done more. I'll give you LeBron, Durant, Parker, Wade - everyone else is debatable IMHO.
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Rondo is definitely number two or three.

Also, totally expected this tonight.  Think the Heat will rally on sunday.
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Rondo is definitely number two or three.

Also, totally expected this tonight.  Think the Heat will rally on sunday.

Would have been more convincing if you had posted it before the game but anyway :lol

The Heat/Spoelstra actually have an amazing record in 3rd quarters recently so was expecting better adjustments tonight. The small ball approach put a scare in the Boston fans, but it really stank of desperation. The lack of Bosh shows any time either Bosh or Wade are even slightly less than great. If Bosh was there tonight, we'd be talking about how amazing LeBron was and how they might wrap up this series before the Spurs do theirs.

Anyway, I'll be happy if the Celtics can take one more game from the fuckers before riding off into the sunset. Rondo and the Ticket have got to be TIRED though. Game 4 smells like a loss for sure.
vjj

Stoney Mason

Beezy

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Kevin fucking Durant.
püp

Stoney Mason

Nice to see the Thunder didn't back down. Huge game 5.

Phoenix Dark

Amazing series comeback by the Thunder so far. Fisher deserves all the credit

Beezy

Amazing series comeback by the Thunder so far. Fisher deserves all the credit
:drake

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
The Thunder flipped the script somewhat with gm 4, I think. The first 3 games were typical Thunder games, but 4 was a serious aberration. If they can play 5 on 5 on offense all night like that again, they can beat the Spurs at their own game. I think it's unlikely to happen, especially since they need a big road win, but it's a GREAT sign for their future. Durant was so patient in the first half. Perkins and Ibaka may never shoot like that again, but there is no reason why they can't continue to get great looks like that from their Big 3...
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
hmm, Heat starting Anthony over Turiaf again, which is bad news for KG's production typically. Obviously Wade and LeBron will be loaded for bear...but will KG be READY FOR WAR?!

(for any young 'uns who don't remember...)
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
KG still able to double Wade immediately when he touches the ball, thanks to not having to guard Joel Anthony. The problem of course is that Wade can beat the double but should be fun to watch him try.

Rondo again looking like the best player on the court...10th best player in the playoffs? Really?
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Best spacing the Celtics have had in the playoffs, easily. Ass being kicked :rock
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
come on Stoney, give me your tale of woe
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Doris Burke: 'What holes are you exploiting?' Rondo: 'Them complaining and crying to the refs in transition'

:rofl

Shots fired etc
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Obviously everyone else is watching Game of Thrones or playing Battlefield so I'll just turn into Tommy Heinsohn here I think

vjj

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Heat are done, better luck next year guys.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

Doris Burke: 'What holes are you exploiting?' Rondo: 'Them complaining and crying to the refs in transition'

:rofl

Shots fired etc

Is this a real quote? :rofl

Rondo is cool in my book

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
yeah, first thing he said in the post-half interview. Totally calculated
vjj

Stoney Mason

come on Stoney, give me your tale of woe
It's the heat. The most annoying team in all of sports to root for. No sense of urgency and no killer instinct.  :(

At least the spurs are playing a great team so their two losses are a bit more understandable. The heat should still win the series. It's just typical Miami horse shit.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:12:18 PM by Stoney Mason »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Wade has been far better in second halves than in first. I expect a big Heat run when KG takes his break. When he went out in the 1Q, it was just a ludicrous succession of layups and dunks
vjj

Phoenix Dark

How did the Heat come back? Just tuned in

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
I told you how before it happened - with KG out, the whole thing flips and Miami starts getting easy buckets again by playing small ball. Plus Wade hit some long jumpers he's usually shaky on.

I still feel ok about this one - Miami used up a ton of energy, didn't make it all the way back, and left Wade in past his normal break. When the Cs starters come back in, they should be able to outwork them. Of course, the Cs are in a spot of foul trouble.
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
the heat down 18

lebron and wade lead them back

"unclutch"
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Cs - 61 pts in the first half, 13 so far in the 2nd, tie game :fbm
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Fun game.  People are shitting their pants because Lebron is in foul trouble.  CONSPIRACY
püp

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Cs - 61 pts in the first half, 13 so far in the 2nd, tie game :fbm

Don't watch too much basketball outside the playoffs but they seem unable to hold a lead.
:9

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
they have a terrible bench you see
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
lol at chalmers.  what the fuck.  lebron gets it to you for a three, shoot the goddamn three
püp

Stoney Mason

Lebron's ability to hit an outside shot has degraded even from last season. Not sure why he passed up a post shot there earlier either.

edit: in my face  :lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:21:23 PM by Stoney Mason »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
:bow clutch lebron :bow2
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
can't watch
vjj

Stoney Mason

Fucking lebron.

Phoenix Dark

Bron Bron is scared as fuck to take a last second shot lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
CLUTCH AS FUCK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I'm not sure why you're hating on him for that – he was triple teamed on his drive.  a defer was smart there, just not a good pass
püp

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
That's true, I'm just a hater in regards to LBJ

Stoney Mason

I'm not sure why you're hating on him for that – he was triple teamed on his drive.  a defer was smart there, just not a good pass

The he should make a better fucking play. That's what he's paid for. It was an awful pass and decision there. That wasn't a good setup like earlier in the year when he hit haslem. 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
LeBron has stopped defending, with 5 fouls. SADLY PIERCE HAS FOULED OUT SO BOSTON CAN'T CAPITALIZE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH
vjj

Stoney Mason

Outside of that huge three Lebron hit, he has played shitty here on offense late in the game.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
and he just fouled out too  :lol

and of course people are saying in twitter-verse and gaf that he purposefully fouled out so he didn't have to take the last shot

fuck me
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
need a gif of Pietrus patting down LeBron's cock as he fouls him out
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
that should be game.
püp

Stoney Mason

Let's see what amazing play a great coach like Spoelstra sets up.

Of course he won't let it be something so obvious as a simple Wade iso until 5 seconds left and shoot. He's too great a coach for something that obvious.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Let's see what amazing play a great coach like Spoelstra sets up.

Of course he won't let it be something so obvious as a simple Wade iso until 5 seconds left and shoot. He's too great a coach for something that obvious.

Nah, that'll be the play that his boss, Wade, draws up tho
vjj

Stoney Mason

Seriously just fire Spoelstra tonight and bring in Phil Jackson. What's the point.

You could stick a scarecrow out there on the sidelines as coach for the Heat and it would make no difference.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
#wadeface
©@©™

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Wade ignored open shooters and any semblance of a play there. Great moves to get free but an ugly twisting shot.

NOT THAT I EVER DOUBTED THE CELTICS WOULD PULL IT OUT he typed with shaking hands
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
also, holy shit have the Conference Finals redeemed these playoffs or what? Game 5 in SA, Game 5 in Miami will be INTENSE
vjj