Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 1520881 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
What the fuck was that? Down two...so you waste time around the top of the three point line and throw up a prayer? Granted, Wade had a good shot - but a better defender would have made that an even harder shot. I don't get it. They didn't even try to penetrate.

Time to hire Stan Van Gundy

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Chalmers was wide open

and no, the Heat will never re-hire Stan Van Gundy :lol
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
more likely than putting pat riley and phil jackson in the same room, though!
püp

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
What the fuck was that? Down two...so you waste time around the top of the three point line and throw up a prayer? Granted, Wade had a good shot - but a better defender would have made that an even harder shot. I don't get it. They didn't even try to penetrate.

Time to hire Stan Van Gundy

The annoying bit for me was not only the typically lazy end of game design that Spolestra always goes with (I expect that though. There is no bar Spolestra won't successfully go beneath) but how wade actually increased the degree of difficulty Kobe style by kicking back and fading on the shot. Wade is a pretty shitty three point shooter period at this stage of his career. He can't afford to not square up and actually shoot a real jumper in rhythm.

Phoenix Dark

Well Isiah Thomas is currently unemployed...

Stoney Mason

Phil Jackson's first meeting with Lebron and Wade in the off-season.

"Hey guys. I don't know if anybody has told you guys this but you both are pretty sub-par long jump shooters for superstars. So everytime you do that down the stretch or in the final seconds, you are pretty much bailing out the defense and giving them exactly what they want."

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
That's true but give the Boston D a little credit for keeping them out of the paint this series, at least while KG has been on the floor.
vjj

Phoenix Dark

Yea, Boston's defense has been good in the last couple games. Still doesn't excuse Miami's inability to exploit double teams, finding the open man, etc in the clutch

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Man, if Bradley hadn't been out, the Cs would have taken game 2 and be up 3-1 now. They'd have been able to single-cover Wade and LeBron with KG leaving Turiaf/Anthony to double team or wall the paint shut. You'd have seen some real defense then. Oh well.

Bosh is apparently returning in game 5 but I am hoping the ab injury will mean a lot of short jumpers and missed rebounds, just from watching players like Shaq and Amare (?) in their returns from similar injuries. He'll likely be easily winded too. Unfortunately for him, he's gonna be facing even more insane scrutiny than normal.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Yea, Boston's defense has been good in the last couple games. Still doesn't excuse Miami's inability to exploit double teams, finding the open man, etc in the clutch

Read this and tell me if you still think it was LeBron's failure and not Boston's success:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1207466-was-lebron-right-or-wrong-to-pass-up-on-last-shot-of-regulation-vs-celtics
vjj

Stoney Mason

Heat-Celtics draws big TV rating
Updated: June 4, 2012, 2:34 PM ET

BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics' overtime win over the Miami Heat has drawn the highest preliminary television rating for an NBA playoff game on cable since records started being kept in 2003.

Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals Sunday night on ESPN produced a 7.9 overnight rating. The network said Monday that was up 39 percent from Game 4 of the 2011 Western Conference finals on ESPN between the Mavericks and Thunder.

In Boston, the game had a 20.7 rating, the highest on cable for an NBA playoff game in the market since records started being kept in 2003.

Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program. Overnight ratings measure the country's largest markets.

According to ESPN, the game also set records on ESPN3 and WatchESPN.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
I'd love to know what the international figures are, particularly China.
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Nice to see the NBA becoming big again
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
I'm perplexed at how ineffective SA's role players have been so far, particularly the shooters. It may be a case of regular season offense crumbling in the face of tough post-season defense but hell, it worked fine for the Spurs in the 1st two rounds. I'm more inclined to believe it's just a shooting slump that could reverse at any time.
vjj

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

After the Spurs lost two games, people got excited about the NBA again.
©@©™

Beezy

Ginobli is starting tonight.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

After the Spurs lost two games, people got excited about the NBA again.

:rofl
AMC

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
:lol Joe

funny cause it's true

The Conf Finals are redeeming the SHIT out of an otherwise terribad playoffs though. A few weeks ago Spurs over Heat in 5 seemed like a lock....now some are even talking about the Celtics advancing. For most of the last 3 games, the Celtics have looked like the better team, and the Thunder have looked like the better team for most of their series as well. Still, home court will likely decide it.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
lol at the scrum of reporters around Derek Fisher, like he was Obama

The only question they should be asking him is: Derek, when will you just admit you are washed up and go into coaching
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
really inept game so far, wtf. Nerves?
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I hope the Thunder can close this game out.  Wouldn't it be crazy if this series only goes 6 games and the Thunder win, whereas the other goes 7 with the winner up in the air?  Dat shit cray.
püp

Stoney Mason

Crazy three by Harden there.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
this game is insane
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
goddamn the thunder are wicked.  Getting hot at the right fucking time of the year.  Spurs did not  :'(
püp

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Spurs were clicking in the 1st two games but the Thunder just have more potential. 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Shocking. The Spurs just seem to have lost all their depth. Green, Bonner, Neal etc are just looking like lost little lambs due to the Thunder's insane speed in closing out to the 3pt line. Parker's drives have really been slowed by Ibaka and Perkins as well, which is just bizarre. It shouldn't be working! It sure as hell didn't in the first 2 games. NOBODY has been able to slow Parker all season. What the hell is going on here :lol
vjj

Stoney Mason

Thunder just have turned it up a notch. Impressive. I still wouldn't count out the Spurs but the Thunder really seem to believe they are the better team.

I fully expect the Heat to win tonight. If they don't god help them.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
I'm really really hoping that Bosh comes back and plays big minutes 'cause I'm pretty sure he'd be ineffective based on past examples of comebacks from that injury. Praying for a reemergence of Turiaf, who has been like a 6th Celtic when he plays.

The Thunder - for ONCE, I'll admit that maybe all the cliches spouted by the announcers might actually have something to them. They are sharing the ball and sticking to the game plan in ways that has been very difficult for them to do consistently before, due to their great individual abilities. Kevin Arnowitz's piece on True Hoop was really good, I thought. The only way you can consistently beat a team like the Spurs is by being consistent and disciplined in your own approach - I didn't expect them to be able to do that enough to win, based on their regular season performance. I thought they still had enough to give the Spurs a run for their money anyway, but never really entertained the prospect that they'd win. But that's why we watch! Great to see some surprises.
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Also, can we take Lebron's MVP award and give it to Durant now just for this series, then give it back to Lebron?  Dude has not only been wonderful in the post season, but he's letting his teammates makes plays rather than trying to force things.  Lebron has been mostly wonderful this post season but he's been forcing way too much to try and not only make ridonkulous plays, but deferring to shitty teammates.

Also, Durants fourth quarter numbers are insane.
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Let's not get crazy now.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
oh god this is gonna suck. Beating the Heat at home is an unlikely prospect, and even the games Celtics win this post-season have been hard to watch because of the terrifying runs teams go on when KG sits. I triple-fucking GUARANTEE you that the Heat insert Bosh the second KG goes out each quarter.
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
CHRIS FUCKING BOSH
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
did you also notice the way LeBron dominated the whole quarter with his defense, something which Durant will probably never do?
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I actually just got back from the store, so, no.  But hush, I'm one of the biggest Lebron defenders there is  :lol
püp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
did you also notice the way LeBron dominated the whole quarter with his defense, something which Durant will probably never do?

Yeah, but he's got Spoelstra coaching him up, so it's not really fair.
©@©™

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Well, I am priming myself for a Thunder-Heat Finals in which legions of newborn Durant lovers start howling for him to be MVP. He'll get the trophy if the Thunder win of course, but based on their respective play so far, LeBron is clearly a lot better because of defense.

Heat are all pumped up to start but not seeing anything disastrous so far for the Cs. Ray looks a lot better - i think Doc did a subtle psych job with him by asking if he wanted to sit. Ever since, Ray has looked back to his old self. Wade can keep chucking from 3 all day for all I care.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
When you take LeBron's 30pt games for granted, keep in mind that basically nobody can score on this kind of Celtics D BUT LeBron
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Bosh has looked good tonight back on the court.
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
He keeps blowing defensive rotations which lead to Rondo assists at the basket so I am glad to see him in there, really. Not as glad as I'd be to see Turiaf or Joel Anthony of course.

This is a winnable game for the Celtics - it's the right pace for them on a poor-shooting night. If they limit the transition opportunities and keep getting Wade to take long jumpers, they can scrape out a close win. It's unlikely, but it's the type of game they CAN win.
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
unf unf unf

YOU BITCHES BETTER CREDIT THE CELTICS DEFENSE, no talk of Miami poor shooting or careless TOs allowed
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
anyone remember that Wade guy? Bueller?
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
amazing steal from Cole there
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Hey I'm back, sorry Cormac my neighbor and I had had a few beers.

I saw that block by Wade, looked sick.  Celtics keeping the Heat scoring very low, very impressive.  Lebron been playing well?
püp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
The Celtics may not win this but they are outworking the Heat and have them flustered. LeBron has disengaged and stopped attacking the zone...he better get back to what he was doing before if the Heat want to win this. Bosh banished to the bench after his defensive lapses sparked that Celtics 3Q comeback.
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Ah okay.  Hm.  I'd've put Bosh back for a few minutes to try and get some perimeter jumpshots, but at this time, Lebron Wade and someone else need to be doing their thing.

Also, fuck Wade.  Dude NEVER gets back set for defense after a shot.  Sometimes he's just an annoying cunting player.
püp

Phoenix Dark

holy fuck @ Pierce

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Pierce just daggered the fuck out of Miami  :-\
püp

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Looks like another Heat meltdown.   :-\

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
The Heat are hustling on offense but not on D. It's almost as if Spoelstra's exhortations to stay the pace and grind it out aren't working!
vjj

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Boston knows what they want to execute down the stretch, Miami still seems to have no idea.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
good call on the Pierce blocking foul, i have to admit
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
You know what?  A Celtics Thunder finals would actually be really interesting.   BOTH teams have played all their series' very close to the opposing teams, no matter the seed.  They obviously have coaches/players that know how to make adjustments to the gameplan and have a lot clutch shooters.

I'm rooting for the Heat, but damn if the Finals for the Celtics/Thunder won't be exciting.
püp

Stoney Mason

Bad coach. Bad bench. Combined with being a mentally weak team when it comes to toughness. And Lebron always seems to not be there on offense when it really matters.

That's the Heat.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:19:30 PM by Stoney Mason »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
2pt game. Don't want Ray or Rondo shooting the inevitable FTs. Please let it be Pierce
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
come on Ray
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
yessssssssssssssss
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

never doubted you buddy :)
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Spo game plan now:

"GET IT TO HASLEM!!!!"

*cue wtf's from lebron and wade
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
REALLY nice drive by lebron

WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T YOU DONE THAT ALL GAME
püp

Stoney Mason

REALLY nice drive by lebron

WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T YOU DONE THAT ALL GAME

They were allowing anybody to drive and weren't going to foul.