Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 1520646 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: The NBA thread (Off-season)
« Reply #10740 on: July 15, 2013, 10:55:07 PM »
Nobody's saying Kobe's a scrub.

Kobe was a very solidly above-average shooting guard, like a Jerry Stackhouse or Mitch Richmond.

etiolate

« Reply #10741 on: July 15, 2013, 11:01:18 PM »
Mitch Richmond was a God. Mitch would take Kobe on the high post and show him some real game.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10742 on: July 15, 2013, 11:07:07 PM »
Shaq wasn't just a great player, he also showed Wade the ropes and taught him how to carry himself as a true champion.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10743 on: July 15, 2013, 11:14:21 PM »
:bow Shaq, fighting through adversity :bow2

:piss Kobe, unconcerned with his teammate's health and conditioning :piss2

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10744 on: July 15, 2013, 11:38:47 PM »
on the topic of mike brown

Mike Brown fucked Mike Brown

dudes a terrible coach and always has been.
püp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #10745 on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:54 PM »
This will be like when MJ imparted his killer instinct and high post game to Kwame Brown.
:dead

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10746 on: July 16, 2013, 02:58:48 PM »
Mike Miller amnestied :'(
püp

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #10747 on: July 16, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »
Riley wanted him to stay but ownership wasn't going to pay those kind of taxes for what essentially was a playoff luxury guy.

To be honest I think its probably the right move but never forget.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:31:18 PM by Stoney Mason »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10748 on: July 16, 2013, 03:21:31 PM »
time to step up, shard

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:heh
[close]
püp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10749 on: July 16, 2013, 03:25:04 PM »
Micky Arison ‏@MickyArison 8m
Thank you Mike Miller @m33m for 3 amazing years. You'll always be part of the @miamiheat family #2TimeChamp #LetItFly

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 1m
Mike Miller to AP: "I understand. ... Very, very thankful for the opportunity that I've had, but it hurts."

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #10750 on: July 16, 2013, 10:26:17 PM »
My top 10;

1) Mike
2) Wilt
3) Bill
4) Oscar
5) Magic
6) Larry
7) Prime Shaq
8) KAJ
9) Lebron with an arrow up
10) Bob Cousy

Kobe slots in somewhere between Gary Peyton and Isiah Thomas.
YMMV

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #10751 on: July 17, 2013, 01:20:21 AM »
What's hilarious is that you can't claim anti-Laker bias with that list, either

I'm moderately worried about you, Glen Shinobi
yar

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #10752 on: July 17, 2013, 01:41:48 AM »
GS is right. Where's Hakeem?

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Re: Re: The NBA thread (Off-season)
« Reply #10753 on: July 17, 2013, 02:15:16 AM »
◕‿◕

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10754 on: July 17, 2013, 02:16:22 AM »
The fact that he isn't enough of a troll to not give past Laker greats their due doesn't make his post any less ridiculous.

nah his list is pretty spot on.

edit:

"I win."
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10755 on: July 17, 2013, 02:27:50 AM »
she's a kansas jayhawks fan, so yes, yes indeed, fuck her.
püp

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10756 on: July 17, 2013, 02:40:16 AM »
Kobe's like right there with Iverson.  Kobe's ahead if we're talking stats, AI if it's about being a good teammate.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10757 on: July 17, 2013, 02:51:42 AM »
Amir0x seems like he'd have a decent post game but no mobility (like Greg Monroe). I'd imagine Mandark being a JJ Reddick type.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #10758 on: July 17, 2013, 08:37:28 AM »
Anybody and I mean anybody who thinks Kobe Bryant is better than any player on my list is living in a LA infused delusion. Nothing worst than a west coast sports fan, not even fat women with an attitude.

Volume scorers not named Wilt or Mike are not as valuable as a Larry Bird.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:42:50 AM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

« Reply #10759 on: July 17, 2013, 01:33:42 PM »
You have to admit that Kobe is a top 5 stat padder of all time though.
😈

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10760 on: July 17, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
You keep bitching and huffpuffing, but I've yet to see you actually talk about why Kobe deserves to be called the GOAT.
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10761 on: July 17, 2013, 01:54:05 PM »
This thread is like the anti-NBAGAF.

I need to go register on The Coli or something. Can't hang with this shit.

you'd fit right in with LWO (Lakers World Order)
http://www.the-coli.com/coliseum/127085-21-year-old-kobe-prime-lebron.html#.UebaIaz92yM

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
The NBA thread (Off-season)
« Reply #10762 on: July 17, 2013, 01:59:45 PM »
she's a kansas jayhawks fan, so yes, yes indeed, fuck her.

Hmm gunna need a pic first. Preferably multiple at different angles
dur

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #10763 on: July 17, 2013, 02:00:05 PM »
Kobe is the GOAT on buying $4M forgiveness rings. Gotta give props where they're due.
©ZH

etiolate

« Reply #10764 on: July 19, 2013, 10:26:54 PM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10765 on: July 25, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/360164437451227136

awwww yeah

Happy for him.  Memphis needs spacing like whoa, and they just took a damn good step in the right direction.
püp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10766 on: July 25, 2013, 03:16:44 PM »
Quote from: The Onion
Greg Oden Suppresses Severe Shooting Pain All Over Body During Meeting With Heat

INDIANAPOLIS—Having already received interest from several other NBA teams, reports confirmed Thursday that former Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden suppressed acute shooting pains throughout his entire body while holding talks over a prospective move to the Miami Heat.

According to sources, Oden attended a two-hour meeting with head coach Erik Spoelstra and other members of the Heat coaching staff, during which he attempted to conceal constant surges of excruciating physical distress.

“I can’t wait to get back on the court,” said Oden, forcing a wide smile as wave after wave of tortuous pain reportedly flooded through nerves in his arms, legs, neck, chest, and back. “I feel refreshed, healthy, and raring to go. I had a few tough years there, but I’m ready to prove I can be a dominant NBA center.”

“Honestly, I’ve never felt better,” Oden added before abruptly drawing a sharp intake of breath and clearing his throat.

Reports confirmed the two-time defending NBA champions are keen to utilize Oden, who did his utmost to hide the searing pain running from the tips of his fingers to the bottoms of his feet, as a traditional center alongside LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

Grinding his teeth and enduring what sources called “a piercing stabbing” in his ribs, the former Ohio State star insisted that he is ready to prove his durability and put his injury-blighted time in Portland behind him.

“I know I have a history of knee issues and microfracture surgeries, but my doctors will clear me for full-contact by early August, and I’ll definitely be ready by opening day,” Oden said while reportedly experiencing sweeping, severe burning sensations across every inch of his skin. “But I’m not just aiming to play—I want to win titles. I want to be the best in the league.”

“I’m just looking for a fresh start,” continued Oden, his left eye twitching as intense cramps seized every muscle in his body. “That’s all.”

Despite possessing a $3.2 million taxpayer mid-level exception for next season, the Heat were said to propose a one-year, $1 million contract to Oden, who responded by forcefully clenching his fists amid what appeared to be some sort of full-body spasm. Sources added that on two separate occasions during the negotiations, Oden stopped speaking mid-sentence, shut his eyes, and inhaled deeply before continuing.

“Honestly, I’ve never felt more motivated to play basketball,” Oden said as a fresh burst of agonizing pain reportedly rushed through both of his knees. “I’m really determined to make the best of this opportunity to get my career back on track.”

According to reports, Oden later began repeatedly shifting in his chair, hurriedly muttering “Yep, yep, yep” and “Uh-huh, uh-huh, got it” as Spoelstra explained in detail how the former number one overall draft pick would figure into Miami’s motion offense.

However, while assistant coach David Fizdale subsequently laid out various four-out/one-in schemes in which Oden could play alongside the team’s perimeter shooters, the 7-footer is said to have sat perfectly still, reportedly terrified that with even the slightest movement, the intense throbbing would cause him to black out.

At one point, sources said Oden looked upward as beads of sweat poured down his face and softly whispered, “You can do this.”

“I can’t wait to show you how much my low-post game has improved,” said Oden, adding that he needed “a few minutes alone to get ready” before his scheduled workout for the Heat and various other NBA teams. “I’ve been working really hard, and I’m 100 percent ready to—Jesus fucking Christ—excuse me, I mean to say I’m 100 percent ready to play at the highest level.”

Sources confirmed that immediately after the Heat staff exited the room, Oden sank into his chair, put his face into his hands, and began violently sobbing.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #10767 on: July 25, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »
 :obama
◕‿◕

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #10768 on: July 30, 2013, 09:59:09 AM »
Pretty sad it took me 3 paragraphs before I realized it was fake. lol

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #10769 on: July 30, 2013, 02:16:06 PM »
Quote from: The Onion
Greg Oden Suppresses Severe Shooting Pain All Over Body During Meeting With Heat

INDIANAPOLIS—Having already received interest from several other NBA teams, reports confirmed Thursday that former Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden suppressed acute shooting pains throughout his entire body while holding talks over a prospective move to the Miami Heat.

According to sources, Oden attended a two-hour meeting with head coach Erik Spoelstra and other members of the Heat coaching staff, during which he attempted to conceal constant surges of excruciating physical distress.

“I can’t wait to get back on the court,” said Oden, forcing a wide smile as wave after wave of tortuous pain reportedly flooded through nerves in his arms, legs, neck, chest, and back. “I feel refreshed, healthy, and raring to go. I had a few tough years there, but I’m ready to prove I can be a dominant NBA center.”

“Honestly, I’ve never felt better,” Oden added before abruptly drawing a sharp intake of breath and clearing his throat.

Reports confirmed the two-time defending NBA champions are keen to utilize Oden, who did his utmost to hide the searing pain running from the tips of his fingers to the bottoms of his feet, as a traditional center alongside LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

Grinding his teeth and enduring what sources called “a piercing stabbing” in his ribs, the former Ohio State star insisted that he is ready to prove his durability and put his injury-blighted time in Portland behind him.

“I know I have a history of knee issues and microfracture surgeries, but my doctors will clear me for full-contact by early August, and I’ll definitely be ready by opening day,” Oden said while reportedly experiencing sweeping, severe burning sensations across every inch of his skin. “But I’m not just aiming to play—I want to win titles. I want to be the best in the league.”

“I’m just looking for a fresh start,” continued Oden, his left eye twitching as intense cramps seized every muscle in his body. “That’s all.”

Despite possessing a $3.2 million taxpayer mid-level exception for next season, the Heat were said to propose a one-year, $1 million contract to Oden, who responded by forcefully clenching his fists amid what appeared to be some sort of full-body spasm. Sources added that on two separate occasions during the negotiations, Oden stopped speaking mid-sentence, shut his eyes, and inhaled deeply before continuing.

“Honestly, I’ve never felt more motivated to play basketball,” Oden said as a fresh burst of agonizing pain reportedly rushed through both of his knees. “I’m really determined to make the best of this opportunity to get my career back on track.”

According to reports, Oden later began repeatedly shifting in his chair, hurriedly muttering “Yep, yep, yep” and “Uh-huh, uh-huh, got it” as Spoelstra explained in detail how the former number one overall draft pick would figure into Miami’s motion offense.

However, while assistant coach David Fizdale subsequently laid out various four-out/one-in schemes in which Oden could play alongside the team’s perimeter shooters, the 7-footer is said to have sat perfectly still, reportedly terrified that with even the slightest movement, the intense throbbing would cause him to black out.

At one point, sources said Oden looked upward as beads of sweat poured down his face and softly whispered, “You can do this.”

“I can’t wait to show you how much my low-post game has improved,” said Oden, adding that he needed “a few minutes alone to get ready” before his scheduled workout for the Heat and various other NBA teams. “I’ve been working really hard, and I’m 100 percent ready to—Jesus fucking Christ—excuse me, I mean to say I’m 100 percent ready to play at the highest level.”

Sources confirmed that immediately after the Heat staff exited the room, Oden sank into his chair, put his face into his hands, and began violently sobbing.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nike-releases-new-greg-odens,33262/
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10770 on: July 30, 2013, 02:25:08 PM »
 :-\

I was really looking forward to his NBA career. Didn't think he would be an offensive force but I figured he'd dominate defensively.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10771 on: July 30, 2013, 05:49:15 PM »
Pistons got Brandon Jennings in a sign and trade

Rodney Stuckey, Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith...Dunno what will be lower, the Charlotte Bobcats' win percentage or those three's shooting percentage.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10772 on: July 30, 2013, 06:56:33 PM »
Jennings to the Pistons  :sabu
püp

etiolate

« Reply #10773 on: July 30, 2013, 07:33:18 PM »
i'm so sorry maurice

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10774 on: July 30, 2013, 09:09:28 PM »
Jesus what is taking Oden so long to pick a team.

:maf

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #10775 on: July 31, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »
Pistons got Brandon Jennings in a sign and trade

Rodney Stuckey, Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith...Dunno what will be lower, the Charlotte Bobcats' win percentage or those three's shooting percentage.

Wow, Brandon Knight shitbinned
地平線

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #10776 on: July 31, 2013, 09:24:42 AM »
The battle for the Eastern 8th seed is really heating up this off-season.

:zzz

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10777 on: July 31, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »
Brandon Knight, another classic Dumars lottery pick.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10778 on: August 02, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #10779 on: August 02, 2013, 09:43:44 PM »
You're in luck, Stoney!  You'll get to see him in a Heat Uniform* next year!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/report-greg-oden-to-sign-with-miami-heat/

*on your bench most likely.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10780 on: August 02, 2013, 10:02:19 PM »
He's only 25. Hopefully he can recover and be productive.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10781 on: August 02, 2013, 10:44:31 PM »
If he can stay healthy, I see no reason why he can't be one of the more effective centers in the league.  Can you imagine if he proves he's a starting talent again...

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Oden

:lawd
püp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10782 on: August 02, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »
Happy about this. It's pretty much a no lose proposition. If he contributes. Great. If he doesn't. Pretty much same team as last year anyway.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
Re: The NBA thread (Oden and his bad knees to the Heat)
« Reply #10784 on: August 07, 2013, 08:07:43 AM »
地平線

Stoney Mason

Re: The NBA thread (Off-Season)
« Reply #10785 on: August 07, 2013, 08:30:36 PM »
[insert AWESOM-O related joke]

His words translate as: “After seeing Kobe I was overcome with excitement. I couldn’t stop crying. I kept crying.”

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10786 on: August 07, 2013, 08:44:17 PM »
Minnesota Timberwolves guard Shabazz Muhammad has been sent home from the NBA's Rookie Transition Program, the team confirmed Wednesday.

USA Today reported Muhammad was dismissed for violating a rule by bringing a female guest into his hotel room. Muhammad also will be fined, according to the report.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9548377/shabazz-muhammad-minnesota-timberwolves-expelled-rookie-program

dude is a fucking idiot. Talented as hell but...bah.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10787 on: August 14, 2013, 11:46:39 AM »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:54:00 AM by Stoney Mason »

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #10788 on: August 14, 2013, 12:13:19 PM »
<3 harden
Tonya

Himu

« Reply #10789 on: August 14, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »
http://www.nba.com/rockets/gallery/howard-and-olajuwon-workouts

MANDARK

look at hakeem's dejected face

"I made a big mistake"
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #10790 on: August 14, 2013, 03:22:44 PM »
[insert AWESOM-O related joke]

His words translate as: “After seeing Kobe I was overcome with excitement. I couldn’t stop crying. I kept crying.”

This is really cute
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10791 on: August 14, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »

Stoney Mason

Re: The NBA thread (Harden Soul)
« Reply #10792 on: August 14, 2013, 11:15:15 PM »

:bow2

Himu

Re: The NBA thread ((Harden Soul))
« Reply #10793 on: August 14, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »
Omg lmao
IYKYK

« Reply #10794 on: August 14, 2013, 11:19:49 PM »
the new goat :bow2
😈

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10795 on: August 14, 2013, 11:20:36 PM »
Paid 20k to smash Jenna Shea
 :yeshrug

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #10796 on: August 15, 2013, 07:36:38 AM »
omg

"i work so harden to be with u"

Tonya

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #10797 on: August 15, 2013, 09:04:03 AM »
#at=16
Tonya

etiolate

« Reply #10798 on: August 17, 2013, 02:03:10 PM »
When his dream of buying the Sacramento Kings was shattered three months ago, Seattle investor Chris Hansen was gracious in defeat and offered Sacramento congratulations for keeping the team.

On Friday, he was unmasked as the mystery donor behind the signature-gathering effort to force a public vote on the Kings' proposed downtown arena - an effort that could derail the arena and jeopardize the team's future in Sacramento once again.
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/16/5657299/seattle-investor-chris-hansen.html#storylink=cpy

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9575561/chris-hansen-gave-100000-group-opposing-new-sacramento-kings-arena

Fuck Seattle. Hope he never gets a team now. Douchebag #1

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10799 on: August 17, 2013, 04:15:18 PM »