Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 1519553 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: The NBA thread (Draft June 26th)
« Reply #12960 on: June 24, 2014, 07:08:21 PM »
Aren't there rumors that Parker wants to go to the Bucks, and may have "thrown" his Cavs workout?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #12961 on: June 24, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »
Aren't there rumors that Parker wants to go to the Bucks, and may have "thrown" his Cavs workout?
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=34662.msg1884453#msg1884453

His father denied it though saying his soon was a good kid and would never do something like that. I think I know who I'm going to trust here.

etiolate

« Reply #12962 on: June 24, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »
He wasn't trying to tank the workout. He was just thinking about playing with Irving, Bennet and Waiters.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12963 on: June 24, 2014, 07:24:29 PM »
Obviously any player can have a bad workout but I just don't buy that he looked THAT bad naturally. Out of shape? Disinterested? Nah, not Parker.

benjipwns

« Reply #12964 on: June 24, 2014, 10:12:36 PM »
1. Andrew Wiggins, Kansas
Tobias Harris (98.0), Luol Deng (97.8 ), Maurice Harkless (97.7), Quincy Miller (97.2)

There's more star power, including Carmelo Anthony, lower in Wiggins' top 10 comps. However, Wiggins being similar to so many players is in itself an indication he's not a unique prospect. Paul George, the most popular subjective comparison for Wiggins, was slightly too old to qualify for Wiggins' list after his sophomore season but had a score of just 90.0 anyway, in large part because of his superior steal rate.

2. Jabari Parker, Duke
Carmelo Anthony (96.7), Luol Deng (95.7), Michael Beasley (95.0), Kevin Durant (95.0)

Ammo here for the Parker-Anthony comparisons. The nine players most similar to Parker were all lottery picks, including four that went either first or second.

4. Joel Embiid, Kansas
Patrick O'Bryant (96.1), Sean Williams (95.7), Daniel Orton (93.7), Robin Lopez (93.2)

Few low-post scorers of Embiid's ability have entered the league in the period covered by my database. Layne Vashro's similarity model that looks at a longer span comes up with Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon among Embiid's comps

5. Noah Vonleh, Indiana
Chris Bosh (97.7), Derrick Favors (97.5), Spencer Hawes (95.0), Kosta Koufos (93.8 )

When I saw Vonleh play in person, I immediately thought of Bosh, so it was encouraging to see the similarity model come to the same conclusion. Favors is another one-and-done post player with more potential than he demonstrated in college.

8. Julius Randle, Kentucky
Al-Farouq Aminu (96.3), Spencer Hawes (96.2), J.J. Hickson (96.0), Brandon Bass (95.3)

Removing age, Randle's second-best comparison is an interesting one: David Lee (97.6). Alas, Zach Randolph predates my database.

13. Elfrid Payton, Louisiana Lafayette
T.J. Ford (95.3), Rajon Rondo (93.9), Darius Morris (93.4), John Wall (91.5)

While Payton's projection is unimpressive, his similarity scores are much more hopeful. Other point guards with high steal, block and rebound rates in college have succeeded as pros despite their shooting woes.

16. Tyler Ennis, Syracuse
Chris Paul (95.1), Rajon Rondo (93.8 ), Russell Westbrook (92.6), T.J. Ford (92.4)

As I explained in my discussion of Ennis with Chad Ford, point guards with high assist and steal rates and low turnover rates excel in the NBA. Whether Ennis really belongs in that group depends on how much stock you place in a steal rate compiled at the top of Syracuse's 2-3 zone.

Vashro's system he mentions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aipd_3kGfREgdHRtcThFd3ZtMlRPYldIRmdGb241RlE&usp=drive_web#gid=5

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #12965 on: June 25, 2014, 08:26:15 AM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11130490/detroit-pistons-sacramento-kings-discussing-josh-smith-trade

I don't like Smith's contract because his game depends on Athleticism that will decline towards the end of the contract, but I do see how he fits the Kings if Rondo is indeed involved as well.

Seems dead: https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/statuses/481546074453061634
地平線

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12966 on: June 25, 2014, 10:10:18 AM »
Why would anyone trade for Josh Smith unless you're a dumbass of Joe Dumars proportions. He was horrible last year.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #12967 on: June 25, 2014, 04:38:47 PM »
The cool thing about LeBron opting out is that shit like his wife posting things on Instagram is front page news on the ESPN app.

And by cool I mean absolutely not cool in any way whatsoever.

etiolate

« Reply #12969 on: June 25, 2014, 06:06:12 PM »
Why would anyone trade for Josh Smith unless you're a dumbass of Joe Dumars proportions. He was horrible last year.

Rudy gay was awful before joining the kings as well. It is a matter of proper use sometimes. Smith was made a small forward for the pistons. The entire front line couldn't shoot and the lane became clogged. There are better ways to use Smith.

Beezy

« Reply #12970 on: June 25, 2014, 06:16:15 PM »
FELTON AND CHANDLER FINALLY GONE :rejoice

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12971 on: June 25, 2014, 06:24:42 PM »
The cool thing about LeBron opting out is that shit like his wife posting things on Instagram is front page news on the ESPN app.

Is that her fault though? I just heard a "sports minute" on the radio, which is basically a sports writer giving a mini editorial in one minute. He claimed LeBron was handling FA worse this time than last time, and bemoaned the fact that LeBron noted that he is talking to Wade and Bosh about strategies. He also complained about LeBron's wife's instagram picture, saying it was irresponsible given the media frenzy.

Yet who controls the media frenzy? I don't see LeBron calling up ESPN and giving interviews, or constantly making "breaking news" statements to the press. Yet the media blows everything he does into major news and then pays commentators to complain about the nonstop coverage. It's the Tebow playbook, basically.

LeBron is arguably the least selfish NBA super star of all time (or since Bird/Magic). He's not hogging the ball or mistreating team mates, he isn't a diva, he isn't getting in trouble off the field, he isn't making ignorant statements in the press, etc. Yet every adjective you hear hurled at him revolves around that stuff...and ironically could all be used to accurately describe Michael Jordan. A guy who was selfish, a "bad teammate" by ESPN's standards, received preferential treatment from the league and refs, and might have bet on games but we'll never know the truth of that.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #12972 on: June 25, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »
Lebron is never going to live down The Decision, that's the truth of the matter.  He'd have to rescue some kittens from a burning building and go back in for some puppies to get people off his back.
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12973 on: June 25, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »
It's not like he pushed a kid out a window, jeez.

Beezy

« Reply #12974 on: June 25, 2014, 06:36:25 PM »

Is that her fault though?
Pretty sure Karakand was blaming ESPN, not Lebron's wife.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #12975 on: June 25, 2014, 06:38:13 PM »
I wonder who was there with Lebron who told him that The Decision was a good idea?  Like who was the dude in the slick suit with three cellphones  who was like "don't worry breh, they love you"?  That dude should've been fired right there.
vin

benjipwns

« Reply #12976 on: June 25, 2014, 06:47:03 PM »
I wonder who was there with Lebron who told him that The Decision was a good idea?  Like who was the dude in the slick suit with three cellphones  who was like "don't worry breh, they love you"?  That dude should've been fired right there.
World Wide Wes

(and ESPN)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #12977 on: June 25, 2014, 06:53:17 PM »

Is that her fault though?
Pretty sure Karakand was blaming ESPN, not Lebron's wife.

Yeah, it's not her fault everything she does is now subject to a banal media microscope because of a business / playing decision.

benjipwns

« Reply #12978 on: June 25, 2014, 07:31:53 PM »
Deal seems to be complete:
The Dallas Mavericks have reacquired center Tyson Chandler from the New York Knicks, sources have confirmed to ESPN.com's Marc Stein and Jeff Goodman.

The Mavericks, who immediately made reacquiring Chandler one of their priorities after their first-round playoff exit against San Antonio, have completed a trade with the Knicks that was clinched by agreeing to take back the contract of New York's out-of-favor guard Raymond Felton as well.

The trade cost Dallas two starters -- point guard Jose Calderon and center Samuel Dalembert -- along with prized young point guard Shane Larkin, reserve guard Wayne Ellington and the 34th and 51st picks in Thursday's draft.
Chris Herring ✔ @HerringWSJ
I'm hearing the Knicks are trying to move Dalembert and Larkin in a separate deal, according to a person familiar with the matter.

etiolate

« Reply #12979 on: June 25, 2014, 07:33:56 PM »
Right now, it looks like a good deal for both teams. I expect Dalembert to be moved/bought out next.

I find it funny that Phil's first move is to trade for a pure point guard.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12980 on: June 25, 2014, 07:45:41 PM »

Rudy gay was awful before joining the kings as well. It is a matter of proper use sometimes. Smith was made a small forward for the pistons. The entire front line couldn't shoot and the lane became clogged. There are better ways to use Smith.

Josh basically told two coaches and a GM to fuck off, then continued chucking three point bricks. Maybe a better organization with a strong coach could get through to him.

etiolate

« Reply #12981 on: June 25, 2014, 08:02:38 PM »
And that and his contract are why you worry about doing it. Malone probably wouldn't put up with any nonsense.

etiolate

« Reply #12982 on: June 26, 2014, 12:44:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/481982264931516416
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Houston is finalizing a deal to send Omer Asik to New Orleans, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Source confirms the Rockets will receive the first round pick from Pelicans next year if it is between 4-19. That's huge.
https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/482000454629728256

Pelicans feeling confident about the playoffs.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12983 on: June 26, 2014, 08:47:26 PM »
great pick for the Lakers.

Celtics select Smart...is Rondo leaving?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #12984 on: June 26, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »
great pick for the Lakers.

Celtics select Smart...is Rondo leaving?

There have been plenty of rumours of it so probably via trade.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #12985 on: June 26, 2014, 10:11:35 PM »
Looks like the heat are trying to trade for Shabazz Napier.

etiolate

Re: The NBA thread
« Reply #12986 on: June 26, 2014, 10:38:16 PM »
Don't like the Kings pick. Don't hate it, but don't like it either. I wanted Payton, but when I saw Vonleh fall I was happy because his skill set pairs up with Cousins.

Now they've spent two top 10 picks on probably the easiest to replace type of player in the league.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #12987 on: June 26, 2014, 10:42:08 PM »
The Miami Heat scored an experienced young guard and satisfied free agent-to-be LeBron James in one move by moving up to draft Connecticut's Shabazz Napier in Thursday's NBA draft.

The Heat traded their first-round pick, No. 26 overall, and two second-round picks to the Charlotte Hornets to move up two spots to grab Napier with the 24th pick, sources told ESPN.com.

James praised Napier after he led Connecticut to a second NCAA title in the past four years but he did not consult with the Heat on the selection, sources said. However, James' thoughts on Napier were known in the organization and the Heat spent several days investigating options to trade up to acquire him.

After the season, James called for the Heat to upgrade "at every position" before next season.

Napier, who can play both guard spots and is an effective shooter, fills the mold of players Heat president Pat Riley prefers because he played four years in college. He averaged 18 points and shot 41 percent from 3-point range during his senior season.

The move could affect the future of Heat starting point guard Mario Chalmers, who will become an unrestricted free agent next week.

The Heat drafted guard P.J. Hairston from North Carolina for Charlotte to complete the swap. Miami also sent the No. 55 overall pick in the second round Thursday and a future second rounder.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12988 on: June 26, 2014, 11:20:07 PM »
wow. I knew Shabazz wouldn't be there, but didn't expect them to move up to get him.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #12989 on: June 27, 2014, 01:11:25 AM »
"I know LeBron tweeted something out in the NCAA [tournament] about him," Heat president Pat Riley said after the draft. "Why not. If LeBron and I have the same taste in talent, so be it. But he didn't call me on the phone, or he didn't make a point to me about it."

Napier, who can play both guard spots and is an effective shooter, fills the mold of players Riley prefers because he played four years in college. He averaged 18 points and shot 41 percent from 3-point range during his senior season.

"He's a very competitive person, and I think competitive without a huge ego, too," Riley said of Napier. "He's a winner. He's talented and he's skilled. You just have to watch him play the game and you can see the competitive level we all like."

The move could affect the future of Heat starting point guard Mario Chalmers, who will become an unrestricted free agent next week.

lulz at the last line.

benjipwns

Re: The NBA thread (Free Agency begins July 1st)
« Reply #12991 on: June 27, 2014, 10:09:03 AM »
so james mcadoo and patric young didn't get drafted?
😈

benjipwns

« Reply #12993 on: June 27, 2014, 02:38:22 PM »
Dan Steinberg        ✔ @dcsportsbog
Follow
The NBA drafted more ceremonial players than the Wizards did real players tonight

etiolate

« Reply #12994 on: June 27, 2014, 07:16:09 PM »
http://instagram.com/p/pw-lC1OGOx/

I feel like I could live off of nick young related posts for the rest of my NBA posting life.

benjipwns

« Reply #12995 on: June 27, 2014, 07:33:58 PM »
 :dead

benjipwns

« Reply #12996 on: June 27, 2014, 07:39:35 PM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #12997 on: June 28, 2014, 04:39:56 PM »
Big 3 and Haslem all opt out.  Big 3 maybe taking 12-15 per?  That would be huge.  Could afford to bring in Gortat with that...
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #12998 on: June 28, 2014, 11:04:54 PM »
LeBron being a leader, putting winning above all.

Kobe lost.

etiolate

« Reply #12999 on: June 28, 2014, 11:24:45 PM »
You have to understand that nobody would know who the Lakers are without Kobe. I mean he created that franchise and all.

benjipwns

« Reply #13000 on: June 28, 2014, 11:28:47 PM »
Jason Kidd has been granted permission to speak with the Milwaukee Bucks after his request for additional roles within the Brooklyn Nets was denied, league sources confirmed to ESPN.com on Saturday night.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the teams already have begun discussing possible compensation to release Kidd from the final three years of his original four-year, $10.5 million contract.

News of Kidd being denied additional responsibilities by the Nets and subsequently being allowed to talk with the Bucks was first reported by the New York Post.

According to the Post, Kidd, who just completed his first year as coach of the Nets, recently approached team ownership with several requests, including overseeing the team's basketball operations department.

Nets officials, believing Kidd doesn't have enough experience for such a responsibility, a league source told the Post, granted him permission to speak with other teams.

The Bucks, who just completed their first season under coach Larry Drew, then contacted Brooklyn requesting permission to speak with Kidd about potentially hiring him, and were granted it, according to the Post.

The team is under new ownership, with Marc Lasry and Wes Edens, two New York investment firm executives, buying it earlier this year for about $550 million. Lasry and Kidd have a longstanding personal and professional relationship.

Also lol at Ric Bucher: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2112449-source-heat-raptors-deal-for-kyle-lowry-imminent

benjipwns

« Reply #13001 on: June 28, 2014, 11:31:47 PM »
Source says Kidd upset with the financial packages Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher received as well as powers Doc Rivers was recently granted

One league source says Bucks' front office was not apprised of the plan for Kidd to be interviewed.

In pursuing exit to Milwaukee, source tells Yahoo of Jason Kidd's ambitions: "He wants the Doc and Pop role (there). Running everything."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:34:47 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #13002 on: June 28, 2014, 11:55:50 PM »
Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI 1 minute ago
League-wide reax to Kidd/Nets mixed. Little surprise Kidd would try to end-run Billy King. Lot of surprise a team willing to let Kidd run it

benjipwns

« Reply #13003 on: June 29, 2014, 12:16:41 AM »
LeBron James doesn't want to take a discount to return to the Miami Heat, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. James will be seeking a maximum contract, or something close to it, after opting out of his deal with Miami earlier this week. The biggest contract James could sign is five years, $130 million.
Chris Broussard: Source: Chris Bosh opts out of his contract . Seeking 5-year deal worth roughly $15-16 million per year

Stoney Mason

« Reply #13004 on: June 29, 2014, 01:21:10 AM »
Kidd thing is interesting. I like how he is mad that all the new coaches are making equal or better than him so that is enough for him to immediately want out.

Actually like anything in life, it's probably more complicated than that but still.

I also can't believe the Lakers haven't hired a coach yet. Certainly shows what is valued in that franchise.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #13005 on: June 29, 2014, 11:53:15 AM »
I'm curious to see how the big three will divide up the salary. What is realistic in this situation? I mean they were all scheduled to make around 20-21 million this season. The salary cap will be 63 million.

Last year the Heat were at 80 million on a cap of 59 million.

So again what's realistic not only for their contribution levels but for them to not feel disrespected and actually leave.

Lebron I would think is either going to get a raise or essentially stay pat salary wise.

So let's just say 20 million at the moment for Lebron as a guess.

I would think Wade and Bosh would accept the same salary as each other. At this point their egos, brains, and all factual evidence can accept that Lebron is the top dog but I'm not so sure they would accept tiering between each other. Wade is essentially going to miss a buckletload of regular season games for the rest of his career. And Chris Bosh is well Chris Bosh. He disappears a lot during the playoffs and he's seemed to accept his fredo role among the big three. So let's say they accept 15 a piece. Which puts all three at $50 million. Is that enough of a savings to upgrade the supporting cast? And what if Lebron wants more as some are reporting. Does that put Wade and Bosh on a sliding scale. Let's say Lebron got the max which would be 26 million. To hit 50 million among the three Wade and Bosh would need salaries of $12 million.

In my heart of hearts I would like to see Lebron at 20 and the other 2 at 12 for a total cap figure for the big three at 44 million. That would leave some good room for upgrading the rest of the roster.  But that seems unrealistic.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #13006 on: June 29, 2014, 12:17:27 PM »
Why not get rid of Wade now that he has opted out? Riley has been asking him to lose weight for years and clearly it's not working. Wade looked out of shape in the finals, and has refused to alter his game to take age/health into consideration. So why pay him $10-15mil to miss 30 games, and then show up in the playoffs winded?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #13007 on: June 29, 2014, 12:20:57 PM »
He's only opting out to play ball with the Heat. He could have easily just said screw it and kept making money on the same contract that was owed to him. This is the real world. There has to be some concessions from both sides.

I don't disagree with the rest of what you said, but its not like wade is opting out to really test free-agency. He is only doing it as a courtesy to help the team/Keep Lebron in town.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #13008 on: June 29, 2014, 01:30:27 PM »
Was checking salaries to get a sense of things and sometimes you forget how ridiculous situations can get.

I forgot that Joe Johnson will make 23 million next season and 24.9 mil the season after that.

Deron gets raises every year. Next season he makes 19.7 mil. He makes 22 million in 2016-2017 season.

:neogaf

Kara

« Reply #13009 on: June 29, 2014, 03:01:29 PM »
Remember when there was a Deron / CP3 debate?

Jazz fans.  :shaq2

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #13010 on: June 29, 2014, 04:14:13 PM »
Remember when there was a Deron / CP3 debate?

Jazz fans.  :shaq2

steve contra annihilated

benjipwns

« Reply #13011 on: June 29, 2014, 07:10:43 PM »
The Phoenix Suns are expected to make Gordon Hayward a significant offer, possibly a max deal, but Utah Jazz will match, per sources.
:holeup

benjipwns

« Reply #13012 on: June 29, 2014, 07:15:24 PM »
-Kidd's reassignment of Lawrence Frank was the first break between ownership and management on one side and Kidd on the other.  Kidd while not directly involved in the negotiations that led to Frank's huge salary pressed for his hiring.  It still stings not just because of the $1 million per year salary (and bonuses) but because of the embarrassment factor.

--One of the final straws for Nets ownership came when Kidd advocated for a trade with the Bucks that would sent Brook Lopez and Mirza Teletovic to Milwaukee for the deeply troubled Larry Sanders and Ersan Ilyasova. The suggestion, mostly about Kidd's belief that Lopez couldn't fit in his system, was considered and rejected by the Nets brass.

--Kidd was angered by the Nets decision to trade for Marcus Thornton rather than Jarrett Jack, who he believed would have been a better fit.  Nets ownership believe that Kidd's ultimate ambition was to dump Billy King, with whom ownership remains quite satisfied.  Kidd believes that King and Nets ownership do not have a long term plan and are too opportunistic.

etiolate

« Reply #13013 on: June 29, 2014, 07:34:26 PM »
How do you all feel about what Philly is doing? Planning to tank for multiple years? I am not sure what the NBA can do about it if they don't like it. On some level, I think the fans understand. (Philly fans at least understand the plan. I can assure you that Kings fans are already confused by the FO moves.) However, does it lower the value of the league? I don't like stuff that feels like the MLB's run of major league farm teams.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #13014 on: June 29, 2014, 07:44:40 PM »
The Phoenix Suns are expected to make Gordon Hayward a significant offer, possibly a max deal, but Utah Jazz will match, per sources.
:holeup

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now he plays LoL
[close]

Stoney Mason

« Reply #13015 on: June 29, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »
How do you all feel about what Philly is doing? Planning to tank for multiple years? I am not sure what the NBA can do about it if they don't like it. On some level, I think the fans understand. (Philly fans at least understand the plan. I can assure you that Kings fans are already confused by the FO moves.) However, does it lower the value of the league? I don't like stuff that feels like the MLB's run of major league farm teams.

Like most things it depends on the fanbase.

If the fanbase is willing to stomach them being that bad for that long then that's on them imo. I wouldn't support my franchise doing it meaning, I wouldn't buy shit from them or watch their shit. So its always up to the fanbase imo and whether they actually tacitly support such a thing.

To be fair the sixers did go for it a numbers of years ago when they tried to get Bynum. Now in hindsight that was a completely dumb move but no path is ultimately with peril.

benjipwns

« Reply #13016 on: June 29, 2014, 09:26:50 PM »
I think you can stomach it a bit more because last year they had MCW get a bunch of attention, this year they get to see Noel, next year Embiid and whoever their next lottery pick is, then the year after they get Saric. And they're going to be able to make some moves because their cap situation is great. Teams that will be looking to dump some salaries can let them start adding pieces here and there so that when they have their "core" together finally they'll already have some useful pieces in place to support it.

Kinda what the Suns did adding Dragic, Green, Morrises and Bledsoe to the fold over a couple years. Or the Pistons way back when they were collecting everyone's scrap then turned it into Sheed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:31:00 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #13017 on: June 29, 2014, 11:02:42 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11154257/sources-toronto-raptors-verge-trading-john-salmons-lou-williams-atlanta-hawks
The Toronto Raptors are on the verge of trading guard John Salmons for fellow veteran Lou Williams, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the teams were in "deep discussions" on a deal to send Salmons to Atlanta for Williams in time for the Hawks to be able to waive Salmons and pay only $1 million to buy him out of next season's $7 million salary.

The Hawks, sources say, will immediately waive Salmons to expand their projected salary-cap space for this summer to $15.5 million, though one source cautioned Sunday that the move is more about flexibility and roster-shaping for the Hawks than any specific free-agent target.

Sources say that the Raptors will also acquire the rights to Brazilian big man Lucas Nogueira from the Hawks. Nogueira played for Estudiantes in Spain after being selected with the 16th overall pick in the 2013 draft.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13018 on: June 30, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
Jason Kidd traded to the Bucks for draft picks. :neogaf

Is this real life? If the Spurs need to get younger, could they move Pop for a 1st rounder?
©@©™

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #13019 on: June 30, 2014, 01:09:08 PM »
Lebron reportedly wants a max deal wherever he goes (22.5 mil per). Which narrows down the teams capable by a few.

It will be interesting to see if he re-signs back to Miami for that price.