Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 1519489 times)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Re: The NBA thread (Durant to the Warriors)
« Reply #18301 on: July 04, 2016, 01:02:06 PM »

« Reply #18302 on: July 04, 2016, 01:08:22 PM »
fuckin lil b  :lol
😈

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #18303 on: July 04, 2016, 01:27:18 PM »
durant didn't even have to apologize and the curse was lifted  smh shut it down

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #18306 on: July 04, 2016, 01:35:25 PM »
I should start buying Warriors car flags from China. I'll make a killing selling them in LA.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #18307 on: July 04, 2016, 02:56:53 PM »
Pau to the Spurs
yar

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #18308 on: July 04, 2016, 02:59:13 PM »
Mavs offering Barnes 4 yr/95 million

:goty

El Babua

« Reply #18309 on: July 04, 2016, 03:29:44 PM »
Cavs should sign Seth Curry for fuckery purposes :trollbron

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
YMMV

Rman

« Reply #18311 on: July 04, 2016, 06:14:11 PM »
This is incredibly weak by Durant. 

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18312 on: July 04, 2016, 06:19:24 PM »
Cavs can't let this go without a response.

They gotta match that offer sheet for Delly.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18313 on: July 04, 2016, 06:23:22 PM »
Cavs can't let this go without a response.

They gotta match that offer sheet for Delly.
Seth Curry is still a FA right?

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18314 on: July 04, 2016, 06:25:47 PM »
Here's my predictions

Warriors win title next year
Durant opts out
Westbrook signs with LA
Durant signs with LA
Walrus bitches about slowing down Russell's development with an old ass Westbrook.
YMMV

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18315 on: July 04, 2016, 08:36:28 PM »
Ugh, this is such horseshit

Poor OKC.

Yeah you have to think that the Warriors win next year...but I don't think this is as much of an uber team as people think.  Durant was pretty bad in these playoffs if I'm not mistaken, and Curry just wasn't hitting shots in the Finals...Bogut is most assuredly gone, which was a pretty big deal against the Cavs.  Do the Warriors actually play better without a typical center who allows better spacing for their shooters?

Curry
Thompson
Durant
Green
I guess Zaza now?

I don't know.  They will definitely have a really easy path to the Finals especially considering OKC will be in ruins and San Antonio is looking like it'll be Duncan-less, but I'm not convinced they destroy Cleveland or Miami in the finals next year
püp

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18316 on: July 04, 2016, 09:24:38 PM »
Pau went to spurs.

Rinse, reload.
YMMV

Syph

« Reply #18317 on: July 04, 2016, 09:48:07 PM »
Man Warriors are gonna be too much next year lol just wow
RIP Based God curse

On an unrelated note go Knicks (well really go Melo and D Rose but ya know)
Also hoping Dwade bites on that offer to stay in Miami (where would he go?)
XO

vas_a_morir

« Reply #18318 on: July 05, 2016, 01:08:52 AM »
KD is the most beta superstar I've ever seen.  He's just gonna let Steph (fixed) Curry wolololo his ass like that?

They look unstoppable, but regressions and health problems have been known to occur before. I'll say this: I don't expect another 70 win season. 

And who would have thought Lebron would be beloved and KD would become a heel?  Dude brought the first major pro sports title back to Ohio in 26 years. Can't hate that.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:45:25 AM by vas_a_morir »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18319 on: July 05, 2016, 01:29:29 AM »
Lebron also went to 57% win percentage team when he switched up.  Where his supporting cast outside of Wade and Bosh was Bibby, House, and Chalmers.

Lebron went to Miami because he was confident in the stars – NOT because the team was good.

Durant is going to a team that already has 4 of the 15 best players in the league and is coming off the best regular season of all time.  It would be like if   It's dickless for him to go there.  Boston would make sense.  This is just an opportunity for him to ride Curry and Kerr's coattails.  This is like if Karl Malone went to the Bulls after the 97 finals.
püp

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #18320 on: July 05, 2016, 06:39:03 AM »
Really pissed Lil B half stepped on this shit

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18321 on: July 05, 2016, 06:48:46 AM »
KD is the most beta superstar I've ever seen.  He's just gonna let Seth Curry wolololo his ass like that?

They look unstoppable, but regressions and health problems have been known to occur before. I'll say this: I don't expect another 70 win season. 

And who would have thought Lebron would be beloved and KD would become a heel?  Dude brought the first major pro sports title back to Ohio in 26 years. Can't hate that.

Seth Curry? First title in 26 years? Dude you got absolutely nothing right in this paragraph, wow.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18322 on: July 05, 2016, 11:00:40 AM »
I don't know.  They will definitely have a really easy path to the Finals especially considering OKC will be in ruins and San Antonio is looking like it'll be Duncan-less, but I'm not convinced they destroy Cleveland or Miami in the finals next year

They won't get to 70 again. We've seen these superteams happen before and they never really amount to their full potential. There's too many variables, it's never as simple as this superstar will join the other superstars and they'll produce exactly the same numbers they did apart. They could win it all this year, but I'm not expecting them to crush the buildings doing so. At least not right away.

Spurs are a great team with or without Duncan. I wouldn't count them out, honestly. The season hasn't started yet so we'll see.

What's going to kill GS is depth in the playoffs. And interior defense.

What's going to help GS is that nobody in the west got better. Gasol offers 0 interior defense for the Spurs which will offset his offensive gains he brings, The Clippers are still shit, and obviously barring a major move OKC is weaker.

YMMV

vas_a_morir

« Reply #18323 on: July 05, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »
KD is the most beta superstar I've ever seen.  He's just gonna let Seth Curry wolololo his ass like that?

Seth Curry? First title in 26 years? Dude you got absolutely nothing right in this paragraph, wow.

Steph, bro.  And it had been 26 years since 1990, which was the last time any pro sports team in Ohio had won anything.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18324 on: July 05, 2016, 11:38:52 AM »

Steph, bro.  And it had been 26 years since 1990, which was the last time any pro sports team in Ohio had won anything.

1. YOU typed Seth instead of Steph. It's right there in the quoted text.

2. No one has ever given a shit about Ohio in the whole narrative; it's always been Cleveland specifically, which hasn't had a sports championship since 1964 until LeBron won the city one.
yar

vas_a_morir

« Reply #18325 on: July 05, 2016, 11:43:26 AM »

1. YOU typed Seth instead of Steph. It's right there in the quoted text.

2. No one has ever given a shit about Ohio in the whole narrative; it's always been Cleveland specifically, which hasn't had a sports championship since 1964 until LeBron won the city one.

1. I don't deny that I typed Seth. I fixed the mistake.
2. Nobody cares about that narrative. I do, though, as it's the first time in my life that a team I liked that was kinda local (no real NBA team in Southern Ohio) has won a championship.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18326 on: July 05, 2016, 11:48:02 AM »
So I guess this means the Cavs will trade Love before the All Star Break next season?

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18327 on: July 05, 2016, 11:49:24 AM »
So I guess this means the Cavs will trade Love before the All Star Break next season?

Worst known secret in the NBA right now is that if you give us a quality 2 or 3 we will move love.

But God please don't make it Melo.

YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18328 on: July 05, 2016, 11:50:56 AM »

I live in Northeast Ohio. You can't even fake a fanship here. We ain't got no room on the train pal, sorry.

We earned this and unlike Miami we don't cater to Johnny come lately types who can't even get basic details correct.

Dude trying to hype a crunch title like it mean a shit :gladbron
YMMV

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18329 on: July 05, 2016, 12:01:07 PM »
Observation: with cap space in the NBA just constantly rising, it doesn't seem like it makes sense for superstars to sign anything other than a one year deal with an option for a 2nd, never exercise the option, then just keep signing one year deals, which makes the market more volatile and stars more likely to move around.

Or is that just my imagination and there's always been this much movement in the offseason? Cause it sure seems like it to me.

Also, lol @ making it about Ohio and not Cleveland. Plz link me to all the articles talking about it only being 26 years. Oh you can't.
yar

vas_a_morir

« Reply #18330 on: July 05, 2016, 12:09:47 PM »

I live in Northeast Ohio. You can't even fake a fanship here. We ain't got no room on the train pal, sorry.

We earned this and unlike Miami we don't cater to Johnny come lately types who can't even get basic details correct.

Dude trying to hype a crunch title like it mean a shit :gladbron

Northeast Ohio thinks they have it bad, but there is no sports community that has it worse than Southern Ohio over the last 25 years.  I'd be happy just seeing a local team advance in the playoffs one damn round.  That being said, this was the most excited I've ever been for a championship because I'm happy for Lebron shutting up the fanboys of that sociopath Michael Jordan. Can't compare players from different eras.  Go watch 90's teams and it's like watching slow motion in comparison.

Also, lol @ making it about Ohio and not Cleveland. Plz link me to all the articles talking about it only being 26 years. Oh you can't.

Why would you expect to see that? Cleveland teams' success doesn't represent Cincinnati and doesn't alleviate our pain as the worst sports city in modern America generally speaking.  I loved seeing them win, though. Felt like justice.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:26:05 PM by vas_a_morir »

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18331 on: July 05, 2016, 01:05:21 PM »
Forget it Snorenado, bandwagon gonna band them wagons.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18332 on: July 05, 2016, 01:13:04 PM »
Ohio State has won plenty of recent titles too.

:trollbron:

vas_a_morir

« Reply #18333 on: July 05, 2016, 01:22:01 PM »

I went to Marshall, so I don't even get to enjoy THAT.

Bengals Super Bowl would make it alllll worth it.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18334 on: July 05, 2016, 01:28:25 PM »

Why you gotta be so hurtful, nicca?

:tocry
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18335 on: July 05, 2016, 01:51:41 PM »

Why you gotta be so hurtful, nicca?

Almost time to bump the college football thread nicca. TBH...Michigan might be better than OSU this year. OSU has the superior QB obviously but I'm not sure what else they have on offense. Michigan has two of the best WRs in the country and surely their new QB can't be worse than Ruddock. And that defense is gonna be good.

Win the Big Ten and you get into the playoffs breh. I don't think Michigan is in position to win a championship in the short term due to the $EC but contending=better recruits. Which will pay off long term.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18336 on: July 05, 2016, 01:57:17 PM »
Observation: with cap space in the NBA just constantly rising, it doesn't seem like it makes sense for superstars to sign anything other than a one year deal with an option for a 2nd, never exercise the option, then just keep signing one year deals, which makes the market more volatile and stars more likely to move around.

Or is that just my imagination and there's always been this much movement in the offseason? Cause it sure seems like it to me.

There are meant to be two huge jumps as the new TV deal kicks in (this season and next) after which it will mostly plateau for a while.  By next year it will make total sense to max out on a five year deal.  Except for LeBron, who will perpetually sign one-and-ones simply to fuck with Dan Gilbert.

There was a lot of talk last offseason about guys signing short contracts to take advantage of this boom, but hardly any of them did.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18337 on: July 05, 2016, 02:47:56 PM »
Rumors are increasing about Wade to Cleveland
püp

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18338 on: July 05, 2016, 02:57:41 PM »

That's not the answer, not even close.

Wake me up when we get a quality 2 or 3 that isn't hobbling along on plastic knees.
YMMV

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18339 on: July 05, 2016, 03:30:25 PM »
We do have a quality 2 already :pacspit

JR has played great for the Cavs
püp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18340 on: July 05, 2016, 03:35:08 PM »

I doubt he would take that kind of paycut.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18341 on: July 05, 2016, 03:49:07 PM »
We do have a quality 2 already :pacspit

JR has played great for the Cavs

Love JR. Would love JR more if he ran the second unit as the primary scorer. Which he has been know to do.
YMMV

vas_a_morir

« Reply #18342 on: July 05, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »

I doubt he would take that kind of paycut.

Miami is offering 2yr/$40m, too. Apparently Wade was expecting something closer to $50.

They were literally laughing at the absurdity of this scenario on Le Batard's radio show the other day.  Here's hoping for another meltdown.

dkdk

« Reply #18343 on: July 05, 2016, 05:58:35 PM »

nah at some point theyre gonna want that guaranteed security of a 5 year/150+ mil deal.

« Reply #18344 on: July 05, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »
David West is going to the dubs.
😈

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18345 on: July 05, 2016, 06:41:26 PM »
David West is going to the dubs.

lol. He is title chasing his ass off.

Fred Katz @FredKatz
Even Frodo thinks David West wants a ring too much.

agrajag

« Reply #18346 on: July 05, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »
 :sheik D Wade

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #18347 on: July 05, 2016, 10:58:32 PM »
His knees are fucked right? How long can you go on without a miniscus when you been playing as hard as him. It's getting into Steve Nash Lakers territory, he's doing the Heat a favor if he takes more money than they can offer him somewhere else and runs (hobbles).

Assuming that's what ur mad about.
◕‿◕

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18348 on: July 05, 2016, 11:22:31 PM »
His knees are fucked right? How long can you go on without a miniscus when you been playing as hard as him. It's getting into Steve Nash Lakers territory, he's doing the Heat a favor if he takes more money than they can offer him somewhere else and runs (hobbles).

Assuming that's what ur mad about.

He looked pretty damn good in the playoffs last year dude. Did you happen to watch them at all?
YMMV

naff

« Reply #18349 on: July 05, 2016, 11:44:01 PM »
No, not really. I'm sure he plays well, just saying from all reports and the amount of rest he was getting during the season, and his own testimony, his knee with no meniscus is p screwed. I've only got 25% of my meniscus left in one knee, it's been worked on by specialists, i've done proprioceptive training over 9 months etc, and I can feel that bone grinding on bone sometimes. I can only imagine how that feels after ~11 years playing basketball at an elite level. + unless there's a championship possibility why choose loyalty over $? Especially when you know your body's starting to give out.
◕‿◕

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18350 on: July 05, 2016, 11:49:56 PM »

El Babua

« Reply #18351 on: July 06, 2016, 12:00:11 AM »
Just pay the breh. :yeshrug

If he leaves, won't be mad though.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18352 on: July 06, 2016, 12:52:45 AM »
I would love for Wade to go to the Cavs simply for the drama but there is no way in hell any sane person on this planet turns down the 20 million a year he can get from the Heat. I don't care what kind of back door deals Lebron or the Cavs try to scheme for Wade. Nobody turns down that kind of money. I guarantee it.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
watch he signs with the Cavs tomorrow and I'm an idiot
[close]

naff

« Reply #18353 on: July 06, 2016, 12:59:30 AM »
Huh, I didn't think that was a real thing. I was talking about him being able to get 25 million a year somewhere else, would be pretty raw if he went to Cavs for a mid-level exception :heh
◕‿◕

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18354 on: July 06, 2016, 01:03:19 AM »
I don't think it is a real thing. I think its either something that is being drummed up by the internet/media or if it is happening Wade is just using this to get the Heat mad and up their offer. I haven't listened to lebatard on it though. He tends to have people speak to him from inside the heat organization.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #18355 on: July 06, 2016, 09:06:50 AM »
Ray Allen, one of the greatest shooters in NBA history, is considering making a comeback, according to league sources.

Allen's representatives reached out to the Golden State Warriors recently about the possibility of Allen joining the Western Conference champions.

The Warriors are unsure whether they want to pursue the future Hall of Famer, sources said.

Allen, who will turn 41 on July 20, is also not absolutely sure he wants to return after sitting out the past two seasons. But he is intrigued by the possibility of playing for another championship, and in addition to the Warriors, he would consider joining the Cleveland Cavaliers, San Antonio Spurs and Los Angeles Clippers, sources said.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18356 on: July 06, 2016, 09:56:55 AM »
Ray Allen, one of the greatest shooters in NBA history, is considering making a comeback, according to league sources.

Allen's representatives reached out to the Golden State Warriors recently about the possibility of Allen joining the Western Conference champions.

The Warriors are unsure whether they want to pursue the future Hall of Famer, sources said.

Allen, who will turn 41 on July 20, is also not absolutely sure he wants to return after sitting out the past two seasons. But he is intrigued by the possibility of playing for another championship, and in addition to the Warriors, he would consider joining the Cleveland Cavaliers, San Antonio Spurs and Los Angeles Clippers, sources said.

Man how could you even consider that a legit ring? You better than this, Jesus Shuttlesworth.
YMMV

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18357 on: July 06, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »
For whatever reason it popped into my head who's going to sign Carlos Boozer?

Then I looked him up and completely forgot he didn't even play last season.

Also this

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/dan-le-batard/article87862542.html

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18358 on: July 06, 2016, 10:24:15 PM »
Wade to Chicago.
püp

El Babua

« Reply #18359 on: July 06, 2016, 10:26:23 PM »
Offer your franchise player that bought you 3 rings, the glue to your offense and the 4th best SG in PER last year $10 mil a year brehs. :picard