Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 1519553 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The NBA thread (Durant to the Warriors)
« Reply #18360 on: July 06, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »
Adrian Wojnarowski: Chicago has traded guard Jose Calderon to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell @The Vertical.
Bobby Marks: Cleveland will use part of the Anderson Varejao $9.6m trade exception to take in Mike Dunleavy’s $4.8m contract.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #18361 on: July 06, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »
Nice. Dunleavy is a nice fit. Hopefully his back issues are a little better.

« Reply #18362 on: July 06, 2016, 10:50:46 PM »
This is the most fuckery filled off-season we've had in a minute. :lawd
😈

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #18363 on: July 06, 2016, 11:41:30 PM »
Adrian Wojnarowski: Chicago has traded guard Jose Calderon to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell @The Vertical.
Bobby Marks: Cleveland will use part of the Anderson Varejao $9.6m trade exception to take in Mike Dunleavy’s $4.8m contract.

Not mad at this at all. Can play the 2 or the 3 off the bench. Hits threes. Yup I'm okay with it.
YMMV

benjipwns

Re: The NBA thread (Wade to the Bulls)
« Reply #18364 on: July 07, 2016, 12:19:18 AM »
Those Andre and Calderon pick and rolls were ungodly for the three weeks it happened. :aah

Especially since Calderon was hitting 52% of threes.

Teams were just like  :mindblown

I'm sure it'll be similar with Mozgov

:hitler

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18365 on: July 07, 2016, 12:20:14 AM »
Pat Riley has had a few rough years down there in Miami.

bluemax

« Reply #18366 on: July 07, 2016, 01:09:30 AM »
Too bad GM Doc panicked and re-signed his shitty kid and Jamal Crawford instead of waiting for Durant.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #18367 on: July 07, 2016, 01:27:46 AM »
MyPlayer in 2K16 is on the Clippers, I hate Austin Rivers so much more than I did before.

He doesn't even run the plays, just looks for his own shot. UNPARALLELED ACCURACY.

The Clips have this one set where it essentially runs two picks, while the SF faux-isos. Griffin/Paul run a small one, and Jordan/Redick run a longer run...with variations on this, but the basic concept, and then you're supposed to dump it off to Griffin or Paul who makes the second pass from the elbow or drives it themselves.

The game will call this set, but Rivers always, always, always seems to break the play to go one on five or something. Everyone else on the team will operate it, including spacing properly if both Griffin and Jordan are on the floor of if just one is.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 01:32:56 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #18368 on: July 07, 2016, 01:33:16 AM »
 :expert :nerds

benjipwns

« Reply #18369 on: July 07, 2016, 02:12:06 AM »
Nah, that stuff never really worked well or as it should have until this year made a big leap, they re-scaled all the ratings to be historically based rather than current (i.e. Rodman is the 99 rated rebounder not Drummond who's more like 94 or something...Stockton and Magic are the 99 passers, etc...that kind of thing) so it shoved the outliers more to outlier status in everything. So like the Iverson on the 2001 Sixers is literally jacking up what feels like almost everything because his teammates aren't even close in their tendencies, whereas in the prior games he was just more likely to take shots but it wouldn't stop Eric Snow or Mutombo from taking a bunch of jumpers as much as it does this year.

The little tweaks to further expand the individuality of players, especially their own personal animations has helped in that regard too. My favorite is Prime Shaq's little speed up as he hits the paint to get into position defensively before the play gets going after loafing down most of the court.

Playing with the classic teams I find to be pretty fun for these nuances. 1998 Kobe tries to dunk it or shoot contested fadeaways and that's about it. Then Sharing with Shaq Kobe is more balanced but clearly ball dominant on the perimeter. While old timer Kobe is all about posting and subtle little moves. One flaw is that it needs the Kobe-Gasol-Odom-Bynum-Ariza/Artest Lakers. Just skips right over them, and all the Spurs after 1997-98. Even though for a lot of those teams the players ARE in the game still so I assume they're easier to license.

LeBron's got a few versions of him in the game so you have young isolation everything, 100mph constantly LeBron, then Peak-Miami LeBron who kinda just picks you apart more. Then of course there's all the Jordan versions. And 1971 Kareem who can just abuse all the old teams uncontested except against Wilt. Him not being in the game before was turrible for those Bucks and the 80's Lakers.

Still needs to get knocked for the 2004 Pistons not having Mike James, Mehmet Okur, Corliss Williamson or most importantly, SHEED. (Darko starts at PF lol) Also, the weird thing where the classic teams don't have coaches who are already in the game like George Karl coaching them. It'll be some random black guy instead.

Two of the dumber teams are 1971 Hawks who only have six licensed players and 1984-85 Sixers who only have 7 and are missing Barkley. Course if they had Barkley they could do the 1993 Suns too. Derek Fisher isn't on any of the Lakers teams either.

There's a whole bundle of classic players who are licensed for the MyTeam mode where you collect cards and stuff, but they aren't used ever in constructing other classic teams.

There's been some goofy licensesing stuff before too. Like 2K12 had the 2001-02 Kings, and then so did 2K13 but without Webber which kinda makes them dumb. And Kareem was in 2K12 before disappearing until this year again. And Fisher had to be some kind of oversight since they had him before since he was still playing.

but i derpgress :derp

benjipwns

« Reply #18370 on: July 07, 2016, 04:51:02 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #18371 on: July 07, 2016, 01:25:46 PM »
plan the parade
The Detroit Pistons are signing San Antonio Spurs restricted free-agent center Boban Marjanovic to a three-year deal worth $21 million, league sources told ESPN's Marc Stein.
:rejoice

Am_I_Anonymous

YMMV

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #18373 on: July 07, 2016, 02:04:58 PM »
plan the parade
The Detroit Pistons are signing San Antonio Spurs restricted free-agent center Boban Marjanovic to a three-year deal worth $21 million, league sources told ESPN's Marc Stein.
:rejoice
:leon

bluemax

« Reply #18374 on: July 08, 2016, 01:34:22 AM »
Back in my day, there was a contract tier for people on Harrison Barnes' level, and it was called the mid-level exception.

If I were Dallas, I certainly wouldn't be bragging about handing out that contract.

Remember some years ago when Tony Parker was at his peak and was going into free-agency, and word got out that he'd be looking for a max deal, and people laughed? Remember when people argued James Harden wasn't a max player?

The definition of max player has changed so many times in the past 10 years that its pointless to compare max deals that happened more than 2 years apart.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #18375 on: July 08, 2016, 01:21:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/751259162667999232
Enes KanterVerified account
‏@Enes_Kanter
Don't waste and burn anymore jerseys #ThunderNation
Here is a good idea 😬 Lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18376 on: July 08, 2016, 02:50:01 PM »
If Curry disappears like he usually does in the finals, he might not even get a ring.  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #18377 on: July 08, 2016, 03:45:57 PM »
Hearing rumblings a Tim Duncan decision on whether to retire or not could be announced as early as this afternoon. #Spurs
not yet timmy :(

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18378 on: July 08, 2016, 04:06:30 PM »
Durant is an all-time scorer.  Doesn't mean he's an all-time great.
püp

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #18379 on: July 08, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »
lol

dkdk

« Reply #18380 on: July 08, 2016, 10:12:20 PM »
It's like you know how Karl Malone is ranked in the top 20, but he'd be close to the top 10 if the Jazz had won a couple titles? Say Durant is in that situation, but his only title is with the superteam, and Curry got FMVP. Does the title elevate him at all?

Yes. Rings are all he needs to "complete" his career. As long as he doesnt put in a Klay 2015 "I helped lol" level finals performance it won't be held against him.

All ringchasing isnt built the same.

dkdk

« Reply #18381 on: July 08, 2016, 10:39:02 PM »
i was always told that summer league doesnt tell you who can play. but it does tell you who cant play.

well i have to say i am really impressed by kris dunn. poor rubio.

i'm hoping d'tective is inspired by this and he puts on a show. he really played himself last year coming into summer league out of shape and unprepared.

bluemax

« Reply #18382 on: July 08, 2016, 11:31:20 PM »

Gary Payton is an all time great despite having issues with his game, ring chasing and all. I love Payton, but would never consider him in GOAT discussion, Durant is that tier what I mean. He is an excellent player and among the best around now, should be considered as one of the all time greats, but not GOAT.

I mean joining a team that went 73-9 and already has a championship under their belt. So it will definitely take him down a few pegs.

In fairness Payton got the Sonics to the playoffs 8 straight years during the prime of his career. They won 60+ games 3 times during that period as well. Sadly only one finals appearance where of course they lost to Jordan in 6.
NO

benjipwns

Re: The NBA thread
« Reply #18383 on: July 09, 2016, 02:09:49 AM »
One method of tiers I like is "can you picture winning the title with this guy as your {x}"?

Tier One is "best player" and that easily includes Jordan, LeBron, Duncan, Shaq, Bird, etc. if only because they all did it, multiple times. But theoretically this list can be large and/or season dependent, ala Anthony Davis a year ago vs. this season. It's also where you see a guy like LeBron a year ago, with his team in shambles against an unstoppable juggernaut and somehow still making them work to knock him out. Not to mention getting to the Finals in the first place.

Tier Two is "second best or equal player" and that has a bit more nuance to it. Like Karl Malone, for example, I can picture him as being in Tier One. But I can also see the case that he's not enough to get you multiple titles (went to two Finals, couple Western Finals, might have grabbed one against someone other than Jordan, Hakeem, etc.) but if you had two Karl Malone's that changes things. Obviously having two Malone's is hard to work literally, but if you take it as two players of that level type of thing. (And the Jazz in many ways did with him and Stockton, but if neither are in that first tier and they run into a team who has that player...and one of their guys underplays...)

The 2000-2002 Lakers obviously had both a Tier One and Tier Two guy, so even as the rest of the team atrophied they could still smack around teams who couldn't throw anything higher than a Tier Two (Webber or Kidd for example) at them.

Tier Three would lead to something like the 2004 Pistons or Bad Boy Pistons or 2008 Celtics, where they had really good players, but nobody who was parsecs above anyone else and could lead a team on their own, but combined their top three, four, even five guys were all top tier enough (and the teams deep enough) to where they could survive with just one of the guys stepping up a Tier or two every game. So they had so many guys who could be the  "third or fourth best player" on a title team that they wound up being able to crush teams with higher Tier guys but fewer total Top Three Tier guys. The Heat, Cavs, Warriors, etc. are doing forms of this but with higher Tier guys at the peak. The Spurs have sorta done this over the last decade compared to their earlier MVP Duncan era. Often times these teams can have guys who move up into this Tier or higher for just a couple seasons and then some other player replaces them. The 2008-12 Celtics were kinda like this with Rondo eventually moving up and KG and Allen slipping.

I think Durant still has all the potential of a Tier One guy. But he might be lower on that totem pole. One of the Tier Ones who needs a legit Tier Two or two backing him up. He had that probably with Westbrook, but never had the third guy to lock it in (Harden was too early, Ibaka flat-lined, etc.). And they ran into lots of good teams as well.

I look at a team like the Clippers and I think, they've got a probably Tier One guy in Chris Paul, Blake Griffin is Tier Two at best, and DeAndre Jordan is Tier Three. And every year they run decent on the rest of the roster for the most part. But they always run into some problem and get derailed. But they've been in the mix ever since they got Paul.

But back to Durant, he can transition like LeBron did when he went to Miami, be more of a playmaker/in the flow/more efficient-less prolific type of things. And then when he needs to go into beast mode because others are floundering, he does so. LeBron's heralded playoff moments came from him playing alongside other All-Stars/All-NBAers/superstars and still dominating the game at an epic level. Nobody points to his Cavaliers eruptions when he was doing it alone and putting up ungodly numbers as being superior and it doesn't have to be different for Durant. I think the way he's taken over when injuries battered OKC and such makes it a good probability that he won't just start camping in the corner and letting Curry/Green run the offense. And the Warriors style doesn't seem like one that will fall into that "your turn, my turn, your turn, my turn, Chris's turn lol no your turn, my turn" that Miami first started off trying to operate with when LeBron got there.

One advantage is that we now live in the "positionless era" and Miami had to learn that instead of sticking to Joel Anthony and Mike Bibby because that's how you make lineups like they did that first year. Everybody does it now, Golden State doesn't need to bring back Don Nelson to play a Durant/Green/Iguodala front-line at times. Durant is much more of a rebounder and creator for his teammates than Barnes ever was. Barnes rebounded more like Stephen Curry than say Orlando-era Rashard Lewis despite both nominally playing the four. Bogut had the same number of assists in the playoffs as Barnes despite playing half the minutes. Ian Clark had half as many in one-fifth the minutes.

Obviously any titles Durant picks up in GSW will look tainted going forward, much like Payton or Zo's. But at the same time, LeBron's aren't as much as they were assumed to be heading in because of the stamp he's put on the last six Finals and how things have played out. Even though he played with max contract guys like Wade, Bosh, Irving, Love and Mozgov.

In other words, who knows? Certainly not any of this gibberish above.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18384 on: July 09, 2016, 02:37:13 AM »
You just put Anthony Davis two tiers above Kevin Garnett like an insane person.

benjipwns

« Reply #18385 on: July 09, 2016, 03:07:09 AM »
My rambling was probably quite unclear, I meant that Anthony Davis was looking like he'd become that level of player, but he took a bit of a step back enough to make one wonder and we'll have to see which was the outlier. I was using him as an example where for a season a player can perform at that level, then suddenly not. And the Kevin Garnett I was talking about was not Prime-KG for the most part but the post-injury KG who was no longer the dominant forward of the league and was turning into a jump shooter. Even in 2008 he had already taken steps down from his peak and reduced his role offensively to fit with at least Pierce.

I obviously think Prime-KG resides in the first tier, even if lower in it.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18386 on: July 09, 2016, 03:09:16 AM »
Putting 2008 KG into tier three is an act of lunacy.

benjipwns

« Reply #18387 on: July 09, 2016, 03:19:18 AM »
Sure, I agree he's probably Tier Two at worst, I'd have to actually look at the other players performances that season, I was thinking more of the Celtics of that entire era than simply the first season. But fine, the entire thing was just hypothetical rambling about a potential system to use (versus some others like Simmons' pyramid or "Mr. Stats" distance-from-next-player) with tacked on examples off the top of my head, putting Celtics-era KG in Tier Three probably isn't the most arguably insane thing in that post or even that paragraph.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #18388 on: July 09, 2016, 04:41:13 PM »
Is the tier taxonomy a finite, cumulative list of everyone ever or a season to season snapshot? If the latter, Durant is obviously tier 1 and has been since he was 20. If the former, he has 4 scoring titles, an mvp and an 0-1 record in the finals. That's at least as good as Iverson and he's 27.

benjipwns

« Reply #18389 on: July 09, 2016, 07:28:41 PM »
I'd say both with a caveat, it's more of a cumulative of everyone in a specific "snapshot" of five-ish to ten-ish years. If Blake Griffin averages 30/12/6 on 75% scoring this season and the Clips make the Finals, I think it would be fair to say his season was as Tier One level season (assuming the season as a whole is like most every seasons we've ever seen) but that you wouldn't put him as a player into that Tier until he repeats it.

To go back to Anthony Davis:
2012-13: 17/10 - 22 PER (14th) - 6.1 WS (56th) - BPM: +2.3 (53rd)
2013-14: 21/10 - 27 PER (4th) - 10.4 WS (14th) - BPM: +4.5 (13th)
2014-15: 24/10 - 31 PER (1st) - 14.0 WS (4th) - BPM: +7.1 (6th)

It was quite natural to assume he was moving into a Tier One season-by-season guy simply from known historical skill curves (not to mention his adding a three point shot) which could lead to a cumulative Tier One for the era. But then:

2015-16: 25/10 - 25 PER (9th) - 7.2 WS (32nd) - BPM: +2.2 (48th)

And now we have to really wait and see if 2014-15 was a high end outlier (like McGrady's 2002-03) or reasonable expectations.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18390 on: July 09, 2016, 08:16:09 PM »
AD needs to say healthy and have a modicum of success before we start calling him Tier 1. Not that he won't get there but damn man, slow that shit.
YMMV

bluemax

« Reply #18391 on: July 10, 2016, 12:49:55 AM »

I look at a team like the Clippers and I think, they've got a probably Tier One guy in Chris Paul, Blake Griffin is Tier Two at best, and DeAndre Jordan is Tier Three. And every year they run decent on the rest of the roster for the most part. But they always run into some problem and get derailed. But they've been in the mix ever since they got Paul.

I just want to say, it's easy to forget because last year was a mess for him, but Blake Griffin was pretty much the best player in the Western Conference playoffs in 2015. I think he was ready to firmly leap into tier one status until the injuries and stupidity derailed him this past season.

As much as I like Durant, I think if he was truly a tier one guy he never would've let YNB take over the team like he did. He's definitely an elite one way player, but it always felt like Westbrook was the guy who took control of games for better or worse.
NO

El Babua

« Reply #18392 on: July 10, 2016, 06:54:43 PM »
Heat are in full #tankwave mode.

Fuck it, might score some cheap tickets this season.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18393 on: July 11, 2016, 10:14:51 AM »

Stoney Mason

Re: The NBA thread (Tim Duncan retires)
« Reply #18394 on: July 11, 2016, 11:33:20 AM »
I think the things that stick out to me about Tim Duncan are that its a bit easy to forgot how really dominant he was in the first half of his career. He was almost like a PF/Center point guard for those early spurs. Everything completely revolved around him. He would get the ball at the elbow and the offense would completely run through him. He was a really good passer.

And then the other thing is how well he adjusted to the change in style as the spurs went from a real plodding offensively limited squad to the motion offense juggernaut they became. That team that beat the Heat in the rematch finals was just amazing and I have a feeling they will be one of the under-rated historical teams.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18395 on: July 11, 2016, 12:04:29 PM »
goodnight sweet prince
püp

El Babua

« Reply #18396 on: July 11, 2016, 01:19:01 PM »
GOAT PF

Also Dray got arrested for assault.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18397 on: July 11, 2016, 01:29:03 PM »
GOAT PF

Also Dray got arrested for assault.

I'm starting to dislike his cat more and more (Green)
YMMV

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #18398 on: July 11, 2016, 01:59:59 PM »

The best.  Couldn't even hate the guy when he fucking up my Jazz every. single. game.
vin

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #18399 on: July 11, 2016, 02:04:20 PM »
vin

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18400 on: July 11, 2016, 02:19:20 PM »
Duncan retiring, Dirk in his last two seasons. Those post-season series just aren't gonna be the same. :tocry
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #18401 on: July 14, 2016, 01:20:32 AM »
PPP's latest poll ignored all this silly election crap to ask the most important question:
Q10 Who do you think is a better basketball player:
Stephen Curry or LeBron James?
Stephen Curry 20%
LeBron James 45%
Not sure 35%

Also:
Q12 Which do you prefer: French fries or tater tots?
French fries 65%
Tater tots 22%
Not sure 13%

Anyway, in the crosstabs. Curry v LeBron.

Men: 18% v 50%
Women: 21% v 41%

Democrats: 24% v 46%
Republicans: 20% v 44%
Independents: 13% v 45%

Whites: 15% v 48%
Blacks: 18% v 48%
Hispanics: 53% v 23%

65 or older: 14% v 44%
46-65: 16% v 42%
30-45: 19% v 53%
18-29: 39% v 40%

Voted Obama: 24% v 47%
Voted Romney: 16% v 42%
Voted Other/Forget: 9% v 47%

Very Conservative: 19% v 37%
Somewhat Conservative: 11% v 46%
Moderate: 17% v 54%
Somewhat Liberal: 20% v 40%
Very Liberal: 35% v 40%

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18402 on: July 14, 2016, 12:31:37 PM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18403 on: July 14, 2016, 12:37:25 PM »
When I was a kid I'd watch Spurs games and then go outside to work on my post moves and bank shot. Shaq is my favorite athlete of all time, going back to when I was five years old, but Tim Duncan is who I tried to emulate on the court. Also Hakeem of course.

One of my first coaches would tell me "it's going to snow tonight. Work on your post moves as you shovel snow tonight." That's how I first started working on post play. Shoveling a pile, spinning and throwing it to the left/right. That+watching Duncan and Hakeem are some of my favorite memories from my playing days. Just preparing, and then when you get into the game executing what you worked on.

benjipwns

« Reply #18404 on: July 14, 2016, 01:51:30 PM »
The Philadelphia 76ers announced that No. 1 draft pick Ben Simmons was sitting out Wednesday's summer league game to rest, and that got Isiah Thomas' attention.

First, Thomas retweeted it. Then he went off on Simmons on NBA TV, ripping him for standing around taking selfies with fans and insisting "He should be playing tonight."

"You're 19. Earn your money, get on the floor and play," Thomas said.
:doge

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18405 on: July 14, 2016, 02:55:28 PM »

I would run through a wall for this man, no question.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18406 on: July 14, 2016, 02:57:46 PM »
Spurs drafting in the Duncan era was ridiculous.

Manu Ginobili - 57th overall pick
Tony Parker - 28th overall, guy taken before him was Jamaal Tinsley
Kawhi - 15th overall, guy taken before him was Marcus Morris

Really helped boost Duncan in the second half of his career. They could have easily faded into a post-1999 Utah Jazz type team without those guys.

Or maybe Duncan and Pops made them all better players? Ya think, jackass?
YMMV

Stoney Mason

benjipwns

« Reply #18408 on: July 22, 2016, 01:16:38 AM »
Kevin Durant's new tattoo:

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #18409 on: July 22, 2016, 05:21:58 AM »
 :kobeyuck
地平線

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18410 on: July 22, 2016, 02:51:06 PM »
It looks like shit and it's tacky as fuck but then aren't all NBA tattoos the same.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18411 on: July 22, 2016, 03:00:20 PM »
Q: Knicks fans always have high expectations, sometimes maybe not even grounded in reality over the years. Before last season, Melo came out on media day and talked about managing expectations with such a young team. But with this roster now and all these veterans, what should the expectations be for the Knicks?

ROSE: They're high. I mean, with these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the super teams, and they're trying not to build that many super teams, and Adam Silver came out with the statement and this and that. And the expectations I think of us, we just want to win.

:heh

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18412 on: July 26, 2016, 06:02:26 PM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18413 on: July 26, 2016, 06:34:13 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17148895/amare-stoudemire-retires-member-new-york-knicks-14-seasons-nba

Really a knick?

When his best years were in Phoenix.

He's become somewhat of a community figure in New York so I'm guessing that's why he made the decision. Him and Carmelo do a lot of great things for NY schools and inner city areas, plus they invest in black businesses.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #18414 on: July 26, 2016, 06:39:43 PM »
Only the finest wine baths my nicca

:lawd
YMMV

benjipwns

« Reply #18415 on: July 26, 2016, 07:25:28 PM »
I forgot that Amare was 20 when he came out of high school.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #18416 on: July 26, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »
It looks like shit and it's tacky as fuck but then aren't all NBA tattoos the same.

Idk man, Roses's "Poohdini" is pretty damn strange. Worst/Best NBA tattoo ever

◕‿◕

benjipwns

« Reply #18417 on: July 30, 2016, 03:44:17 AM »
One topic was the root cause of the Knicks' struggles at the time. Jackson put some of the onus on his players' shortcomings.

"Today's players simply lack the skills to play the triangle," Jackson told Rosen in an interview published Friday by Today's Fastbreak. "They know how to play one-on-one, catch-and-shoot, and they've mastered crossover dribbles, spins, playing off of screens and step-back shots. They don't know how to execute things like inside-reverse pivots and other basic footwork. They have no sense of timing or organization. They don't really know how to play five-on-five basketball. It's strictly generational."

bluemax

NO

benjipwns

« Reply #18419 on: July 30, 2016, 10:59:15 AM »

:pimp