Author Topic: January NPD (or Guest Lurker Day)  (Read 16881 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: January NPD (or Guest Lurker Day)
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2010, 03:39:18 PM »
MAG sold more than Bayo360!?  :lol :'( :lol :'(
©ZH

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2010, 03:41:28 PM »
PSP 100.1K

I wonder how well the Go did. :lol

You probably just have to move the decimal one two places to the left. :teehee

Fixed.

Mojo - Last I heard/read was Sony was at 33 million and MS was at around 39 million WW shipped/sold.

wow, impressive stuff for Sony.  Their brand equity saved their asses this gen, as hard as they tried to squander it. 

Anyone know off hand how many 360s were sold in the first year?  I would guess about 7-10 million, but I know there were supply problems for some months, along with there not being a ton of system sellers.

It was like 6 million. Sony hasn't closed the gap at all.

And that's with a few million advantage in Japan. So it's lost ground in the territories where people actually buy HD games.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2010, 03:44:46 PM »
Yeah, Sony isn't nearly as far behind as people believe.
360 still leads about 1.5 million  in Europe...in 2010...real data not shipped :lol
Saying that in 2005 would be...blasphemy
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2010, 04:11:34 PM »
Activision recently released US+EU figures,in their financial report

cat

TripleA

« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2010, 04:16:17 PM »

Capcom has sold 1.1M copies of the game. Retailers resold 550k in two territories in the launch month. Call that 800k globally? If retailers are not happy selling 800k copies in the first month, perhaps they will only order .8M copies of Capcom's next theoretical new IP action game. Who gives a shit?

*Sigh* so the numbers are not shipped, the numbers are sold?

Thanks for the answer, it only took you like 10 posts.

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2010, 05:47:33 PM »

edit: damn, 5 mario games in this npd.  ha ha

Now that's innovation!

Wii Music was too  much cerebral effort for the casual consumer to stay an evergreen title  :'(
sad

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »

Capcom has sold 1.1M copies of the game. Retailers resold 550k in two territories in the launch month. Call that 800k globally? If retailers are not happy selling 800k copies in the first month, perhaps they will only order .8M copies of Capcom's next theoretical new IP action game. Who gives a shit?

Some retailers are able to send them back to the publisher if they are unsold though.

archie4208

« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »

edit: damn, 5 mario games in this npd.  ha ha

Now that's innovation!

Wii Music was too  much cerebral effort for the casual consumer to stay an evergreen title  :'(

Waggling your imaginary drums is to difficult for babby. :'(

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2010, 06:20:06 PM »

Some retailers are able to send them back to the publisher if they are unsold though.

bayonetta is sure to become a cheap front-lane budget title, like all of Sega's games.  Seems like every Sega game gets a nice long run on the frontlanes at Bestbuy.    which is why I'm trading in my copy tonight!  (after putting in 40 hours.)

GoofyGoober

« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2010, 06:47:42 PM »

Some distributors will take back product for a slight fee. But those that are sold back are usually dumped on a clearout retailer like BigLots or New egg, etc.

dcharlie - Where does all of Asia fit in? Wouldn't Hong Kong, etc fit into Asia region numbers?

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »
If I'm not mistaken sony sells ps3s in china I think.  I remember people were talking about Afrika having a chinese version? 
sad

GoofyGoober

« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2010, 07:00:51 PM »
dcharlie - Where does all of Asia fit in? Wouldn't Hong Kong, etc fit into Asia region numbers?

to the tune of 6m? those look a bit high for korea, hk, china etc.

I agree. But Maybe Middle East, HK, SE, NE, Russia , Africa is in included in "other".

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2010, 07:14:42 PM »
wait, according to that chart Sony are are 23m in US and Europe. Where the fuck do they get the extra 10m for their world wide total?! lol.

there's 4m or so in japan, the other 6m ? Australia? ;)

Easy

Shipped numbers
Fuzzy math...1+1=3... 
Mexico

:D
cat

GoofyGoober

« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2010, 07:17:35 PM »
Sony's senior director of corporate communications Patrick Seybold said "Yes. The strong demand carrying through the holidays was evident and early in the month we [knew] there was going to be limited supply of the PS3 at retail in January. We're working closely with the retail channel to meet this demand, but expect tight supply for the coming months."

Supply Constraints.

Linkz

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/12/sony-ps3-supply-to-be-tight-over-coming-months/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:22:32 PM by GoofyGoober »

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »
Supply constraints sure.

Let me tell you something, there will never be a lack of PS3s this generation. "For the upcoming months", Sony bringing some of dat PR innovation again.

Now they do pre emptive damage control.

TripleA

« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2010, 07:32:16 PM »
I think the shortage is real. Only saw about 6 Ps3s across 3 different retailers when I went shopping for a PSU last weekend.

The question is are they deliberately under-shipping?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2010, 07:56:56 PM »
I think the shortage is real. Only saw about 6 Ps3s across 3 different retailers when I went shopping for a PSU last weekend.

More sales conspiracy bullshit
🍆🍆

GoofyGoober

« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2010, 09:08:32 PM »
Other then a 45NM Rsx what would they have up their sleeves to save money on?

I know the "shortage" is real, I couldn't see on for weeks around town. Now I only see the 250GB which to me seems like they over produced those and need to get rid of them. So they ship short the 120GB to make people buy those /tin foil hat

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2010, 09:19:33 PM »
Both PS3 and Wii have been hard to find since the new year started. Hopefully the 3s will be around again by the time tax refund season is upon us. I want a blu-ray player and having Noby Noby Boy would be a nice bonus.  8)
Hi

TripleA

« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2010, 10:20:24 PM »

More sales conspiracy bullshit

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158275

What you call bullshit is actually a strategy, but keep your asshole open I want to hear what else you have to say.

Green Shinobi

« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2010, 10:27:05 PM »
Why the fuck are Wii Fit and Wii Play in the same category as these other titles? SMH.

Damian79

« Reply #201 on: February 12, 2010, 10:27:25 PM »
Thats bs.  It is not a marketing strat.  What suppliers try to do is guess how much they will sell each month and supply a little bit more than that.  Sometimes they miss the mark and they have a shortage but it doesnt happen most of the time.  Shortages are never planned.

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2010, 10:29:30 PM »
Why the fuck are Wii Fit and Wii Play in the same category as these other titles? SMH.

Wii play is a game.  Not something I'm interested in , but there are games in there.
sad

Damian79

« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2010, 10:29:59 PM »

Wii play has not charted, why isnt wii fit not supposed to be on there?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2010, 10:47:21 PM »
well, best buy and fry's had like a zillion unsold ps3 slims
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2010, 11:07:09 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen anyone turned down if they inquired about purchasing a PS3 from a reputable retailer. I saw so many at Best Buy during Modern Warfare 2 that one of the employees made a throne out of them.
PSP

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »
I see all three systems in plentiful supply in my neck of the woods.  Seeing a bunch of Wiis on the shelf is still pretty jarring, considering two years ago, you had to stand in line to get one - otherwise you'd never see them.
🍆🍆

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2010, 12:42:05 AM »
I see all three systems in plentiful supply in my neck of the woods.  Seeing a bunch of Wiis on the shelf is still pretty jarring, considering two years ago, you had to stand in line to get one - otherwise you'd never see them.

I agree. My Best Buy has a pyramid of Wiis and it's always weird to see.
SRY