Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER (co-op)  (Read 8642 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
^ Example A: Player who agrees with Ashley, the Xenophobe
fat

Himu

but i agree with ashley and I'm black and far from a xenophobe
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
You don't count, you jump to a new religion every week.
fat

Himu

IYKYK

rodi

• Crotch Digger

Wait, because you're black you can't be a xenophobe?  :lol

Himu

Essentially in the Paragon path, you steer Ashley's reasonable skepticism into increased tolerance.  "Yes, many Turians are assholes, but..."

In the Renegade path, you steer them towards broader human supremacy.  "I know, right?  Fucking Turians, we need to put them in their place."

In a way, you kind of do the same with Kaiden, if anyone ever bothered to see romanced, renegade-path Kaiden.  It's the only time he has much personality...

If you take Ashley away on missions you see how tolerant and open-minded the character is too.

Easily among the best characters in that game along with Wrex and Garrus.
IYKYK

Himu

I'm just saying that non-whites in general have likely experienced more legitimately "wacist" moments than the average white person in north america playing mass effect on their xbuck 360, not that xenophobia is race exclusive. I'm just throwing it out as a bonus.

the point being, white liberals tend to be overly critical towards what they view as racism in a vidya game (see: resident evil 5 controversy).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:14:01 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Himu

I agree Garrus sucks in ME1 but it's mostly the Krogan testicles line that usually puts him over the others.

Liara is boring and Kaidan is ULTRA boring. ME2 surprised me when they spiced Liara up.
IYKYK

rodi

• Crotch Digger

I'm just saying that non-whites in general have likely experienced more legitimately "wacist" moments than the average white person in north america playing mass effect on their xbuck 360, not that xenophobia is race exclusive. I'm just throwing it out as a bonus.

the point being, white liberals tend to be overly critical towards what they view as racism in a vidya game (see: resident evil 5 controversy).

I can't argue, that's true  :P

Himu

I thought Mordin was the best written character in ME2.
IYKYK

Himu

Miranda>>>>>>>>>>all

Speaking of boring characters...
IYKYK

rodi

• Crotch Digger
Because there is no lesbian action with Miranda. Duh.

Himu

No, Miranda's just boring. But yeah, that too.

Jacob, Miranda and Grunt were all boring.

Yvonne Strahovsky deserves better.
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
i just want to see what Tali looks like now :heart
nat

rodi

• Crotch Digger
What ridiculously beautiful model will they choose for Tali??? Can't wait.

rodi

• Crotch Digger
Miranda was interesting as fuck...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
... to look at.
[close]

Himu

I thought Mordin was the best written character in ME2.

He had good writing, yes.  But still.  On my "true to yourself" sort of first playthrough I basically condemned him every chance I could and left him on the ship.  I mean, IIRC, he kind of maybe sort of a little recognized what he did was wrong, after everything, but he would still have done it again.  That's not "I'm a little distrustful of aliens" that's "Ha, ha, made 99.9% of your young stillborn."

I can see that.

Which makes it even more curious why people like Mordin so much, who practically caused genocide to a whole species while people hate Ashley's very legitimate criticisms of Shepherd letting a bunch of random aliens aboard a high-tech alliance ship.
IYKYK

rodi

• Crotch Digger
Her background story was interesting, her loyalty mission was fun, and she was cold and profesional until she got some shep loving.

And hey I like Jacob and Grunt too, even if I can see how one can find them boring.

Her hot bod helped. Don't lie! ;)

My opinion, none of the characters got interesting until ME2. All the main characters in ME1 (Ashley, Kaiden, Liara, Garrus, Tali) were all really bland and boring. The only exciting thing was being able to choose your own responses to whatever they were saying. None of them had personalities that tickled until the second game. (Kaiden is still boring)

Himu

I like to think of Mordin as a very ME1-esque character. A lot of the characters in ME1 are very troubled, sometimes they have interesting shades of grey or flaws. Liara is a naive princess who despite that tries to handle things in a friendly manner which isn't always the best decision, Ashley is distrustful of aliens but at the same is pretty open, Wrex helps contribute to his people's suffering by actively being a merc and even acknowledges this, Garrus uses renegade style police work in light of being an upstanding cop. That's what made  most of the characters in the first game interesting. Tali and Kaidan are exceptions but I could make the case that kaidan is one too, it's just that he's boring as all fuck about it.

Likewise, I find Jack, Mordin and Thane to be in the same category in ME2: really flawed and interesting characters who do questionable acts who try their best despite their intentions.

I like how ME2 characterized Liara.

I hated how they handled Ashley/Kaidan in ME2.
IYKYK

rodi

• Crotch Digger
Jack creeped me out. Every time I talked to her, with her prison tattoo's and all, being angry and unfabulous... made me want to run crying back to Miranda's office.  :(

Himu

Jack owned
IYKYK

Himu

don't you hate on my jack
IYKYK

Himu

I DON'T CARE. She's my Jaku
IYKYK

Himu

Jack rocks. She has awesome biotics. Miranda is BORING.
IYKYK

rodi

• Crotch Digger
Miranda rocks. She has awesome boobs. Jack is crazybitch.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
Tali rocks. She has chicken feet i mean what
nat

Himu

miranda won't have sex. jack wins.
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

rodi

• Crotch Digger
YEAH LESBIANS!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
She does not trust aliens sure but I never cared, why the hell would I bang Liara an alien  :yuck

Is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Miranda was interesting as fuck...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
... to look at.
[close]

Yvonne Strahovski :drool

:heart :heart :heart
^_^

Himu

IYKYK

cool breeze

He looks distinguished mentally-challenged. It would be awesome if he was, and the only thing he can say is his own name.

"James Vega? JAMES VEGA!!!!"

There needs to be an game with an insane squad member.  You ask him for supporting fire and he poops in his hand.

miranda won't have sex. jack wins.

She had lots of sex in my game. You just suck.
野球

Himu

I thought Miranda doesn't have sex with people because of her beliefs? I don't remember anymore it's been almost two years.
IYKYK

She had a whole lot of fun riding Shep in my game.
野球

rodi

• Crotch Digger
She's got great bra taste too.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
Jack in my game no longer talks, she only say "FUCK OFF".

I must have done something right.

Himu

So he does have a chest :lol
IYKYK

rodi

• Crotch Digger
That thigh rig/belt thing looks uncomfortable as hell.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
So it seems that Guidos exist even in the future too?   :-\
^_^

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
yeah he looks just like Ronnie
itm

Himu

HOLY FUCK FEM SHEP HAS DECENT HAIR NOW

NUMBER 4
NUMBER 4
NUMBER 4
NUMBER 4
NUMBER 4
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:39:02 PM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
The in-engine render will look 10 times worse than the promotional art though. But as far as those images go I'm digging number 6, it's giving off a retro anime vibe.

NUMBER 4
NUMBER 4
NUMBER 4
NUMBER 4
NUMBER 4

Commander Shepard doesn't have time for highlights, himumu.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:44:15 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

Himu

Fuck number 5. Fucking boring people and blondes zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Fwiw, #5 is ahead by a wide margin. And I'm not sure if the voting dictates the default FemShep in the game, just the one used for the promotional campaign, trailers, and cover of the SE, afaik.
Unzip

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
i like 3
nat

Himu

That's the whole point. White blondes are across every aspect of media. Why would I want to for vote for another white blonde?
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
so instead of being cliche and voting for the white girl.... you be even more cliche and vote for the black girl.
nat

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
That's the whole point. White blondes are across every aspect of media. Why would I want to for vote for another white blonde?

She'll probably sell more copies, which is the crux of any marketing campaign. :P
Unzip

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Sorry, Himu, I picked #5.
dog

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
4 and 5 have terrible hair. especially 5. the only ones i like are 3 and 6.
nat

Himu

so instead of being cliche and voting for the white girl.... you be even more cliche and vote for the black girl.

???
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
I voted for 6. I kinda want her to be mai waifu =(^w^)= ... (╬ ಠ益ಠ)~ *nose bleed*
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:06:53 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

???

you picked the black one because you're black.
nat

Himu

I thought the cliche was that a black dude would vote the white chick :lol
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
if she was fat then that would make sense. nah the cliche is that the black person picks the black one to further the black agenda.
nat

Himu

IYKYK