Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 615830 times)

jakefromstatefarm

Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #1380 on: May 10, 2019, 08:50:01 PM »
I could rewrite it with wrestling terms so you are able to understand it. :hulk
the Beer Hall Screwjob ushering in the attitüde Epoche :bow2

Oblivion

« Reply #1381 on: May 10, 2019, 11:02:46 PM »
The baby IDWers love the gamer word, folks.

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1126670175384662016

why does this keep happening  :(

Oblivion

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1383 on: May 11, 2019, 01:28:08 AM »
If shapiro cam into a realm that reflected me, he'd run. Molyneux sees us horsefuckers and runs straight at us.

agrajag

« Reply #1384 on: May 11, 2019, 02:55:31 AM »
If shapiro cam into a realm that reflected me, he'd run. Molyneux sees us horsefuckers and runs straight at us.

translator's note: horsefuckers is Joe Rogan

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1385 on: May 11, 2019, 01:54:50 PM »
I just subjected myself to the entire interview, which is the most Ben Shapiro I've ever watched. It's really amateurish of him to start attacking the reporter, like he doesn't know the guy's job is to play Devil's advocate (does he ever do anything except for home turf interviews?). One of the things that really annoys me about him is his clearly American-centric conception of the universe. He can't even talk to a British guy without accusing him of being left wing. And when he brings up AOC, it's like no one's ever taught him how to speak for a specific audience. Shows how small his world is. Not that Andrew Neil doesn't know who that is, but it's so so irrelevant for an international interview on BBC. It would be like if I was speaking in France on the topic of migrants and kept bringing up Fast and Furious or whatever.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1386 on: May 11, 2019, 02:01:24 PM »
ben shap is the charlie zelenoff of ziautism

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1387 on: May 11, 2019, 06:45:09 PM »
:-[

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1388 on: May 14, 2019, 05:48:40 AM »
found actual footage of the Tough Acton Tinactin School of Hard Knocks

agrajag

shosta

« Reply #1390 on: May 14, 2019, 04:57:35 PM »
the long form segment that this is related to:

每天生气

benjipwns

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Oblivion

agrajag

« Reply #1394 on: May 15, 2019, 04:23:24 PM »
Steven Crowder voiced Brain in Arthur.

Oblivion

« Reply #1395 on: May 15, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »
Steven Crowder voiced Brain in Arthur.

Steven Crowder you say? The same Steven Crowder who said the following:

"If you allow rape exceptions, the rapist can keep raping because abortion gets rid of the evidence, so by not allowing her to get abortion, the rapist will be caught"

?

edit: oh dammit. Sorry, that was Matt Walsh, not Crowder. :fbm

agrajag

« Reply #1396 on: May 15, 2019, 06:55:21 PM »
the guy who harasses college students with the change my mind schtick

benjipwns

« Reply #1397 on: May 15, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »
Alan "Brain" Powers (voiced by Luke Reid 1996–1999; Steven Crowder 2000–2001; Alex Hood 2002–2005; Paul-Stuart Brown 2004–2007; James Buckholder 2006; Lyle O'Donohue 2008–2012; Siam Yu 2012–2014; Max Friedman Cole 2014-2018; Evan Blaylock 2019-present) is a bear of Senegalese descent,[1] and celebrates Kwanzaa.
lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1398 on: May 15, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »
Notably, there's not one Métis amputee in Arthur.
©@©™

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1400 on: May 17, 2019, 02:25:50 PM »
One of his other sons has been doing hip hop for some years too.
Hard times all around since Nicolas Sarkozy himself is mired in a couple of neverending lawsuit for fraud  :'(
ὕβρις

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1402 on: May 17, 2019, 03:16:00 PM »

The Roswell UFO was orchestrated by Stalin  :whoo
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #1403 on: May 18, 2019, 11:14:13 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1404 on: May 18, 2019, 06:04:20 PM »
If Skynet destroys us it'll sound like Joe Rogan did it.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #1405 on: May 18, 2019, 11:13:46 PM »
missed this a month ago.

hilarious.

https://twitter.com/RubinReport/status/1117974211652284416

I don't understand why Richard Spencer thinks the Notre Dame will have white people spring into action. Notre Dame is a part of the Catholic Archdiocese of Paris. Notre Dame is the archdiocese cathedral. More and more Catholics across the world aren't even white.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 11:44:17 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1406 on: May 18, 2019, 11:52:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1128363254689009670

Although a funny tweet, this twitter feed is wack.

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1115075862477574145

The comments are disgusting. You cannot play, you cannot play. Fuck off. This isn't a charity and using disabled people to justify your shit tier game skills isn't it, amigo.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1407 on: May 19, 2019, 01:08:54 AM »
 :badass

Himu

« Reply #1408 on: May 19, 2019, 01:50:39 AM »
:badass

A lot of people make pointless analogies with hard games so I'll contribute mine. It's like spicy food and roller coasters.

People who don't like spicy food think that people who do, do so only for bragging rights. While it's true that some people brag for the sake of it that they ate such as such spicy dish or pepper, I'd wager most people who like spicy food enjoy it for the taste and experience. I like the burn and I really enjoy eating spicy food. So when I see people demanding an easy in a time when most games coddle and handhold, yeah I'm going to have a problem with it. Because you're going into my spicy food and watering it down and demanding that it be watered down so you can enjoy it, when the reason I want to eat it is the spice to begin with therefore ruining what I like about it. I haven't been able to enjoy games at all this decade because of the more watered down games. It's especially funny how they think people only play hard games for bragging rights when a lot of the hardest games I've played are niche games that sell less than 50k and have a dedicated fanbase. No one is bragging about shit. We like the experience.

I used to be fine with allowing lower difficulties. But now I'm of the mind that you should never, ever cater to people who want easier games. Because there's no bottom for them. They'll always want it a little easier. They'll always try to take a little more. And that's why FF is an action rpg now because "well I prefer action combat to turn based". Just like how people who don't like spicy food will always prefer it light as possible. So rather than demand an Indian dish be less spicy I've mulled it over and decided fuck you, just ignore Indian food to begin with.
Might sound elitist but...:idont It's definitely not my goal to sound that way.

And what actually angers me is how they hide behind disabled players when accessibility and difficulty are two different things. There's accessibility for convenience (auto save) and accessibility for common courtesy (subtitles). Conflating difficulty with accessibility is in many ways insulting.

So yeah, that twitter feed is wack and made up of soft bois.

IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1409 on: May 19, 2019, 01:58:22 AM »
I have a friend who very readily admits to being bad at games, and fairly frequently watches let's play videos or watches their partner play a game which they wouldn't be able to progress through themselves.

Maybe some companies are too financially stressed to implement multiple difficulty levels (I don't know shit about vidya development) but apart from that I don't see what the downside would be.

Himu

« Reply #1410 on: May 19, 2019, 09:55:41 AM »
I have a friend who very readily admits to being bad at games, and fairly frequently watches let's play videos or watches their partner play a game which they wouldn't be able to progress through themselves.

Maybe some companies are too financially stressed to implement multiple difficulty levels (I don't know shit about vidya development) but apart from that I don't see what the downside would be.

Eh. For me it’s a downward slope. First they implement easy mode. Then the next few games they try to strip it of difficulty entirely. I’ve seen it happen it so many times I no longer support it. Happened to SMT. Here’s this hardcore dungeon crawl series. There is only two modes: normal or hard. Then they add an easy mode in P3. Okay. But now they take away a key feature that made the simulation work so your choices have more weight in the tired feature in P4. But then with P4 Persona series starts to get really popular. So this more stripped down dungeon crawler becomes the developers norm. Why? Because it sells better. So then they decide eventually to Persona-ize the main, more hardcore, series and make it easier to appeal to people. Now you’ve got people complaining about how the next Persona shouldn’t have game over if MC dies. Why? Because they’ll always want a little more. Now the cycle is complete and that really deep dungeon crawl series becomes a shadow of itself. Made purely to entertain the masses. They’re no longer niche, but they’re no longer as good as they used to be.

And now these people want From to settle. If they did the same thing would likely happen. It’s what happened to The Elder Scrolls as well. Bethesda Fallout. From Fallout 3 to 4 they made it even more brain dead to appeal to more people. From rpg post nuclear sim to killing the hardest enemy in the series 30 minutes within starting. Final Fantasy too. “I don’t like turn based combat so I think it’s good that the Final Fantasy VII Remake isn’t because that means I’ll play it despite the fact the original is turn based.” Changing your identity to appeal to players that don’t even like you. Once you start giving away parts of your soul to try to appease people that don’t even like you, you’ll never stop trying to appeal to people who don’t like you.

Never give them a quarter. Never appeal to people who want it easier or “I’d like to play but I can’t.” It’s always a death knell.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:02:30 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1411 on: May 19, 2019, 10:33:46 AM »
Sorry for getting off track.

Here’s a Pakman vid on Shapiro.

IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1412 on: May 19, 2019, 10:42:12 AM »
The 3 Moves Ahead podcast grazed on the debate with regards to strategy games and they weren't too thrilled with the term accessibility being stretched for difficulty, proposing that another term entirely be used, "approachibility" IIRC, which I think better convey the nature of the demand.

As to Mandark question I guess the answer is "designer's intent" really. Most games are tests of wits or skill for one, and sometimes difficulty is a core pillar of the experience one way or the other. I don't know why developers should settle for that if they don't want too when designing hard, less approachable games carries its own handicap with regards to commercial appeal.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #1413 on: May 19, 2019, 10:45:21 AM »
Link to podcast.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #1414 on: May 19, 2019, 10:48:55 AM »

Eh. For me it’s a downward slope. First they implement easy mode. Then the next few games they try to strip it of difficulty entirely. I’ve seen it happen it so many times I no longer support it. Happened to SMT. Here’s this hardcore dungeon crawl series. There is only two modes: normal or hard. Then they add an easy mode in P3. Okay. But now they take away a key feature that made the simulation work so your choices have more weight in the tired feature in P4. But then with P4 Persona series starts to get really popular. So this more stripped down dungeon crawler becomes the developers norm. Why? Because it sells better. So then they decide eventually to Persona-ize the main, more hardcore, series and make it easier to appeal to people. Now you’ve got people complaining about how the next Persona shouldn’t have game over if MC dies. Why? Because they’ll always want a little more. Now the cycle is complete and that really deep dungeon crawl series becomes a shadow of itself. Made purely to entertain the masses. They’re no longer niche, but they’re no longer as good as they used to be.

And now these people want From to settle. If they did the same thing would likely happen. It’s what happened to The Elder Scrolls as well. Bethesda Fallout. From Fallout 3 to 4 they made it even more brain dead to appeal to more people. From rpg post nuclear sim to killing the hardest enemy in the series 30 minutes within starting. Final Fantasy too. “I don’t like turn based combat so I think it’s good that the Final Fantasy VII Remake isn’t because that means I’ll play it despite the fact the original is turn based.” Changing your identity to appeal to players that don’t even like you. Once you start giving away parts of your soul to try to appease people that don’t even like you, you’ll never stop trying to appeal to people who don’t like you.

Never give them a quarter. Never appeal to people who want it easier or “I’d like to play but I can’t.” It’s always a death knell.

:confused FF7 has braindead easy gameplay, basically baby's first RPG compared to what came prior and everything you whine about - I wouldn't be surprised if the new one is actually a little less baby-ish in its difficulty. also I have no idea what this thread is.

Himu

« Reply #1415 on: May 19, 2019, 10:53:55 AM »
:confused FF7 has braindead easy gameplay, basically baby's first RPG and what you whine about compared to what came prior - I wouldn't be surprised if the new one is actually a little less baby-ish in its difficulty.

That actually lends credence to my downward slope argument. 20 years ago they decided to make FF7 easy as hell so it’s very popular and appealing. Now its gotten to the point where they think it should be an action rpg. Because trying to appeal to people never stops. I never once argued that the original ff7 is a challenging game. If anything I’m implicating the opposite.
IYKYK

Kara

« Reply #1416 on: May 19, 2019, 11:12:30 AM »
As to Mandark question I guess the answer is "designer's intent" really. Most games are tests of wits or skill for one, and sometimes difficulty is a core pillar of the experience one way or the other. I don't know why developers should settle for that if they don't want too when designing hard, less approachable games carries its own handicap with regards to commercial appeal.

Because they aren't artists grappling with The Big Stuff (TM), they're manufacturers of mass media.

Himu

« Reply #1417 on: May 19, 2019, 11:29:33 AM »

Because they aren't artists grappling with The Big Stuff (TM), they're manufacturers of mass media.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1418 on: May 19, 2019, 11:31:23 AM »
I play games on easy and skip the cutscenes these days. I'm fully in it for the graphics and reject all notions of games as art

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1130116461278703617?

I endorse this.

I don’t support punch a Nazi, but I’ll gladly throw a drink on them.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:47:38 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Kara

« Reply #1419 on: May 19, 2019, 11:44:37 AM »
All the people that liked to gaslight over the OK hand gesture are now flipping out because Burger King UK is publicly saying on social media that they have milkshakes for sale. Life is beautiful in its own way.

agrajag

« Reply #1420 on: May 19, 2019, 12:17:10 PM »
Heston Blumenthal should rename his restuarant to Milkshake Duck.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1421 on: May 19, 2019, 12:18:53 PM »
Link to podcast.

https://www.idlethumbs.net/3ma/episodes/hard-times-or-easy-living

Most of the podcast episode isn't about that specifically, it's covered in the intro mostly.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1422 on: May 19, 2019, 01:11:57 PM »

I'm not sure what games potentially classify as is pertinent to that debate really ? I don't think it's too iconoclast to say that most solitaire / one player games are generally meant as a challenge (achieve victory conditions under whatever set of arbitrary rules and conditions were designed) involving luck, skill, practice or wits. I don't think you can downsize rules or the challenge indefinitely to accommodate everyone without breaking many game designs and diluting their whole raison d'être to nothing.
And I would say that difficulty for videogames can be a "narrative" tool as well (regardless of how artful you would consider the "story" or "propos").

Games are entertainment, non-essential and so plentiful in every form and difficulty for every sort of public that I don't really understand why From should have to include an easy mode, just like I wouldn't expect a 6 year old kid to be able to beat and enjoy Korsun Pocket.
:yeshrug

ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #1423 on: May 19, 2019, 02:54:31 PM »
Marketplace of Sexual Ideas

Should be the official slogan of the Bire

agrajag

« Reply #1424 on: May 19, 2019, 04:15:56 PM »
a big common thread among these IDW folk is that they want to restore traditional gender norms. They basically want women to go back to being housewives, pop out and raise babies and take up knitting, etc.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1425 on: May 19, 2019, 08:00:32 PM »
a big common thread among these IDW folk is that they want to restore traditional gender norms. They basically want women to go back to being housewives, pop out and raise babies and take up knitting, etc.

The term was coined by Eric Weinstein. I believe he is a liberal. I don't think he has stated this anywhere. And I also believe Stefan Molyneux isn't really associated with that group.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1426 on: May 19, 2019, 08:03:32 PM »
I play games on easy and skip the cutscenes these days. I'm fully in it for the graphics and reject all notions of games as art

I endorse this.

While both have reasons to criticise them, neither of them are Nazis.

agrajag

« Reply #1427 on: May 19, 2019, 08:03:51 PM »
the group is dumb to begin with, so I don't really care about lumping people of their ilk together.

shosta

« Reply #1428 on: May 19, 2019, 08:04:04 PM »
Maybe they don't go to the same group cirlejerks hosted by Quilette but all of these guys peddle in the same holy trinity of anti-soyboy new masculinity, clash of civilizations culture-war realism, and scolding the "reactionary left".
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #1429 on: May 19, 2019, 08:05:06 PM »

I endorse this.

My bad. Thought that was Richard Spencer. I don't remember nazi's facial features.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1430 on: May 19, 2019, 08:08:38 PM »
why milkshakes tho

milkshakes are delicious. they don't deserve milkshakes. Can we change it to apple cider vinegar from now on?
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #1431 on: May 19, 2019, 08:11:42 PM »
the group is dumb to begin with, so I don't really care about lumping people of their ilk together.

I think people should though, and that's the problem. You can't really argue about RE doing it, if you do the same thing depending on the person. I think it is important to accurately represent your opponents views for a number of reasons.

So for example, the other post I responded to: Tommy Robinson has on a number of occasions, referred to the problem of Islamisation with all Muslims. Whether it just slipped out casually in the moment or intentionally, either way that is an irresponsible thing to do. That is something to criticise him for. It doesn't mean he is a Nazi though, and incorrectly referring to people like Tommy as such only makes you seem intellectually dishonest, but it also paints them as the victim. The person unfairly being attacked.

shosta

« Reply #1432 on: May 19, 2019, 08:12:11 PM »
You can walk around with a milkshake and not look like you're plotting to participate in direct democracy
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #1433 on: May 19, 2019, 08:16:04 PM »

I endorse this.

My bad. Thought that was Richard Spencer. I don't remember nazi's facial features.

He does kind of look like him there. Funny thing though, he is almost seen as a kind of Richard Spencer in the UK. It is the kind of thing he is accused of being by many people.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1434 on: May 19, 2019, 08:20:21 PM »
About Tommy Robinson:

This is the third video I have posted in this thread of Douglas Murray, but he does honestly give the most accurate description of Tommy. Again, as I mentioned though, the guy is not without criticism, but he isn't what people have painted him as.

agrajag

« Reply #1435 on: May 19, 2019, 08:26:58 PM »
 :snore

Oblivion

« Reply #1436 on: May 19, 2019, 09:05:01 PM »
Leadbelly, do you consider Richard Spencer to be a nazi?

Oblivion

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1438 on: May 19, 2019, 09:28:35 PM »

I'm not sure what games potentially classify as is pertinent to that debate really ? I don't think it's too iconoclast to say that most solitaire / one player games are generally meant as a challenge (achieve victory conditions under whatever set of arbitrary rules and conditions were designed) involving luck, skill, practice or wits. I don't think you can downsize rules or the challenge indefinitely to accommodate everyone without breaking many game designs and diluting their whole raison d'être to nothing.
And I would say that difficulty for videogames can be a "narrative" tool as well (regardless of how artful you would consider the "story" or "propos").

Games are entertainment, non-essential and so plentiful in every form and difficulty for every sort of public that I don't really understand why From should have to include an easy mode, just like I wouldn't expect a 6 year old kid to be able to beat and enjoy Korsun Pocket.
:yeshrug

all power to those people and organisations making legitimate moves to improve software accessibility for people with disabilities. i don't buy that people yelling the "fuck the gatekeepers" call to arms, and justifying it by claiming it's about "accessibility" but only applying it to incredibly specific scenarios, actually give enough of a shit to say anything when it isn't driven by their true angst "i want my consumption of popular media to be as easy as possible", or a (understandable) chip on their shoulder due to hating on an aspect of a certain games fanbase.
◕‿◕

Oblivion

« Reply #1439 on: May 19, 2019, 10:36:54 PM »
Milkshakes unnecessarily exploit animals. We should throw rotten tomatoes at reactionaries instead

Plants feel pain too, you fascist!

https://twitter.com/discordspies/status/1130107750510473216