Author Topic: International Politics Thread - Disease and Disaster  (Read 1312913 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
The spy in the BND was tasked to investigate the spy in the Ministry of Defense. Can't help but laugh. :heh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
http://mikereport.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/shocking-anti-semitic-hatefest-in-downtown-seattle/

:hitler

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Taleah Yvette DeCastro on July 13, 2014 at 12:52 pm said:
Such Ignorance….. but that is our world nowadays…. Perception becomes truth….people don’t research and find out the truth for themselves! Americans are being brainwashed since this POS so called “President” and his vermin administration. He is destroying American’s core values and the Liberal Media is causing more harm to our country than anything else. but…here in Los Angeles today 7/3 there is a great counter protest…THIS IS HAPPENING TODAY IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
SUNDAY 7/13 @ 4PM Corner of Wilshire Blvd. and Veteran in front of the Federal Building. PLEASE, JOIN US! Peaceful rally demonstration in support for Israel and the Israeli Defence Forces. Please share on your FB and with all of your friends…. Please come today for Unity, Support and Prayers for Israel!!
Never again, means NEVER AGAIN!
[close]

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Speaking of the internet's favorite country, this is on a U.S. tax return and I'd completely forgotten about it until today. (Form 1120-IC-DISC)

There's also a line item on this return for paying foreign bribes, it's probably the most surreal tax return offered by the IRS.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
[CNBC host] Andrew Ross Sorkin challenged [climate change denier William Happer] for "not believ[ing] in climate change" -- to which Happer responded by telling Sorkin to "shut up." Sorkin then asked Happer about comments he made to The Daily Princetonian in 2009 comparing climate science to Nazi propaganda. Happer doubled down on his comments, stating that "the demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler. Carbon dioxide is actually a benefit to the world, and so were the Jews."
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/07/15/cnbcs-climate-expert-demonization-of-carbon-dio/200107
:dead

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Give equal time to insane people, media brehs.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Liberal Nazis are killing carbon dioxide gas by putting it in Jew chambers.
©@©™

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
"Carbon dioxide is actually a benefit to the world, and so were the Jews."

These goyim tummlers sure don't do much for me.

Phoenix Dark

[CNBC host] Andrew Ross Sorkin challenged [climate change denier William Happer] for "not believ[ing] in climate change" -- to which Happer responded by telling Sorkin to "shut up." Sorkin then asked Happer about comments he made to The Daily Princetonian in 2009 comparing climate science to Nazi propaganda. Happer doubled down on his comments, stating that "the demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler. Carbon dioxide is actually a benefit to the world, and so were the Jews."
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/07/15/cnbcs-climate-expert-demonization-of-carbon-dio/200107
:dead

Wrong thread

I saw "International" in the thread title and assumed this is where we discuss Jews.

Kara

Threadless cosmopolitans.

benjipwns

amuse-boom  :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead

Like Palestinians in Gaza amirite?
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Dunno bro

T-Short

• hooker strangler
Since the "living in fear of random indiscriminate rocket fire" argument is the largest part of why Israel say they are terrorized by Hamas/Gaza... if they want to protect their civilian population, why don't they loosen up on their blockade and let Hamas get some guided munitions instead?  :smug
地平線

benjipwns

The picture's right. That doesn't mean that Israelis are more evil.

The fact that they're Jews does.
[close]

Kara

It's Civilians

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Is that Armageddon hill?
©ZH

huckleberry

I'll be honest. I would go up on a hill and watch that shit too.
wub

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

[close]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:56:15 PM by Big Jumbo »
pcp

huckleberry

It's just dead brown people...you guys are so touchy.
wub

huckleberry

so cunty.
wub

huckleberry

Israel supporter.
wub

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
to be fair that kid looked like he was reaching for a rocket launcher
pcp

huckleberry

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/17/ukraine-crash-airplane-idUSL6N0PS57720140717

http://www.thejournal.ie/plane-crash-ukraine-1576544-Jul2014/

holy shiiiiiiit

They don't really clarify whether it was Russia or Ukraine that shot it down. I assume the interior minister is implying that it was Russia? Holy shit indeed.
wub

That's fucked no matter who shot it down. Killing that many civilians of a non-combative country is a huge catalytic moment.

benjipwns

Another neoliberal false flag.

Plus now we have evidence the earlier "missing" plane was the test run for this.

benjipwns

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
I love how the news media is tripping over itself to remind everyone that Boeings are safe don't worry the plane is great!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Oh man

benjipwns

I love how the news media is tripping over itself to remind everyone that Boeings are safe don't worry the plane is great!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/14/us/twa-flight-800-five-things/

Today is the anniversary of TWA flight 800. Now here's a conspiracy for benji to post about.
It's also 100 years and two weeks and five days since the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

The pieces are starting to add up.

benjipwns

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/IDF-intensifies-Gaza-attacks-with-artillery-fire-air-strikes-363289
IDF ground forces began to move into the Gaza Strip on Thursday evening, the prime minister's office confirmed.

The purpose of the operation was  to destroy the Gazan terror tunnels leading to Israel, according to a statement released by the prime minister's office. 
Now, it's really all coming together.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
Cached message from pro-russian militia (which was removed later)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fvk.com%2Fwall-57424472_7256

Summary of shooting, by Igor Ivanovich
17.07.2014 17:50 (Moscow) Message from the militia

In the area of Torez (Donetsk Oblast), an An-26 was just shot down and crashed near the "Progress" mine.
We have warned before - do not fly in "our sky".
More information in the video.
The bird fell near the dump, there are no residential areas here so there should be no civilian casualties.
地平線

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

Phoenix Dark

so this rocket attack on the plane...what does this mean for the situation in Ukraine? I'm seeing lots of hand wringing and talk about justice/retribution, bringing terrorists to justice...but how the hell can that be accomplished without potentially sparking an even bigger situation?

Kara

The Ukrainian military has slowly been retaking most of the secessionist areas without explicit / overt Russian intervention, only Donetsk really remains defiant.

Donetsk is economically important--I think a Ukrainian oligarch actually publicly pleaded that the Ukrainian military not retake it in a manner that they retook another city (with aerial bombing)--so things have kind of been in a holding pattern there.

After this though I think the fear is that the Donetsk campaign will be unnecessarily violent, either triggering a(nother) regional incident, or at the very least exacerbating Ukraine's place on the brink of being a failed state (by destroying its own fragile economic capacity).

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
154 dutch dead on that plane :(

benjipwns

I don't see a good ending to all of this, at all.
Yeah, NPDs are going to be harsh. I just wonder if it creates an opening for Nintendo to bring families together in trying times.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
The plane, reg 9M-MRD, first flew on July 17:th 1997. It was brought down on July 17:th 2014, exactly 17 years after the first flight. It was flying AMS - KUL as flight MH17.

edit: also, the speculation is it was brought down by a Buk SAM, which has nato designation SA-17
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:09:08 AM by Hyoushi »
地平線

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
The audio transcript I listened to had the separatists shook they shot down the wrong plane

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
They were, but the major on the other end of the line doesn't give a shit apparently.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
They were, but the major on the other end of the line doesn't give a shit apparently.

地平線

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
Hey guises, remember when we armed those rebels in Syria?

Well, guess fucking what:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2014/07/18/Scores-killed-after-ISIS-seize-Syria-gas-field-.html

<コ:彡

Phoenix Dark

What does that have to do with arming rebels in Syria?

just don't engage, there's no point

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
fuck off, moron
bent

T-Short

• hooker strangler

What does that have to do with arming rebels in Syria?

just don't engage, there's no point

that's what the UN said :smug
地平線

Phoenix Dark

Mitt Romney was right!
 :lenowned

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Kara

Since it was asked about earlier, Ukraine update.

First I was wrong, sorry about that. Luhansk (a decent sized city) is still holding out too. The Ukrainian military has started taking it back and claim they have 25% of it under control. Currently it has no water or power, so I imagine its days are numbered.

Pic courtesy of BBC.

Don't want to be too much of an armchair general, but it looks like they're going to circle around Donetsk, stemming the flow of weapons to the secessionists from over the Russian border.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/20/world/meast/mideast-crisis/

:(

twitter is looking quite grisly at the moment as well.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Yea someone on my TL rt'd something about doctors arguing about identifying some kids body because the head was missing. Like fuck =/

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
This shit gets weirder and dumber every day...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ukraine-rebels-plane-bodies-train

HRABOVE, Ukraine (AP) — Armed rebels forced emergency workers to hand over all 196 bodies recovered from the Malaysia Airlines crash site and then had them loaded onto refrigerated train cars bound for a rebel-held city, Ukrainian officials and monitors said Sunday.
yar

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
these multiple simultaneous atrocities sure make my life as guy trying to read a message board difficult.

huckleberry

This shit gets weirder and dumber every day...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ukraine-rebels-plane-bodies-train

HRABOVE, Ukraine (AP) — Armed rebels forced emergency workers to hand over all 196 bodies recovered from the Malaysia Airlines crash site and then had them loaded onto refrigerated train cars bound for a rebel-held city, Ukrainian officials and monitors said Sunday.

Trying to make any sense out of what is going on there right now is an exercise in frustration. So much secrecy and side blaming is making the situation worse and worse by the day. I mean fuck, they don't know if the Ukrainian government is working with the rebels or not to recover the bodies?
wub

huckleberry

Re: It Was All Good Just a Week Ago: International Politics Thread
« Reply #598 on: July 20, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Meanwhile in the world of liberal American pundity.

wub

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Re: It Was All Good Just a Week Ago: International Politics Thread
« Reply #599 on: July 20, 2014, 12:21:15 PM »
Isn't it generally agreed that the claims of human shields in 2009 conflict were more or less entirely false? Borderline self-parody to be talking about human shields in 2014.