Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2083692 times)

kingv

Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #15720 on: August 02, 2018, 11:57:39 AM »
Power Season 5 ep 5 -  Motherfuckers had a driveby on a BMX :rejoice
Last night's Sharp Objects was a bit more to my taste, but i'll probably still bail after next ep if the worm doesnt turn sufficiently.

Good morning and god bless you to everybody but Tariq and Angela and Terry. :-/

They really are making Ghost unlivable this season. Like he’s a real shit head.

I just finished watching Ash vs Evil dead season 3. Goddamn that was some good TV. It’s pribably as good as any of the movies. I thought season 2 kind of fell off a bit, but season 3 was on point.

I’m very disappointed it was cancelled now.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15721 on: August 02, 2018, 12:38:08 PM »
This is going to sound like a sociopath move out of context, but cant wait till that little chit Tariq dies, 1 down and one to go.

I really, really liked Evil Dead's stories and content, I feel they had too much time and it would have worked better as 2 - 3 movies.

p.s. Fuck Dre
p.p.s. Fuck Dre again

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #15722 on: August 02, 2018, 08:33:20 PM »
Still need to watch s3 of Ash. Really enjoyed s1 and 2 though.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #15723 on: August 02, 2018, 08:36:57 PM »
The ending of Castle Rock episode 4, that guy was so squirrelly I knew something would happen. Hope to see more of shining girl next ep.

I know you think I’m a hater (because I am), but she’s my least favorite character.

Did I miss what happened to Frances Conroy’s character? Where did she go? Why is her house up for sale? I absolutely love that woman.
serge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15724 on: August 02, 2018, 09:46:15 PM »
sorry, already got a hott tv series called Forever, can't have two: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_(U.S._TV_series)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #15725 on: August 02, 2018, 11:43:19 PM »
sorry, already got a hott tv series called Forever, can't have two: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_(U.S._TV_series)

we like a lot of the same things benji

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15726 on: August 02, 2018, 11:49:57 PM »
Started watching supernatural again.  Hopefully, it goes on for 12 more seasons. 

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15727 on: August 03, 2018, 12:43:08 AM »
The ending of Castle Rock episode 4, that guy was so squirrelly I knew something would happen. Hope to see more of shining girl next ep.

I know you think I’m a hater (because I am), but she’s my least favorite character.

Did I miss what happened to Frances Conroy’s character? Where did she go? Why is her house up for sale? I absolutely love that woman.
She's probably just going to show up for some exposition about her husband later, I mean she serves no purpose in the story currently.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15728 on: August 03, 2018, 07:24:13 PM »
Still going through Six Feet Under and the show definitely drops in quality and becomes extremely schlocky. With that said the famous 'Thats my Dog' episode has to be one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I've ever seen. The violent tone of the episode goes from 0 to 60 and then crack gets involved. It was so misanthropic it had me in hysterics.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:57:08 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15729 on: August 03, 2018, 08:05:22 PM »
The best thing about six feet under is how well executed the ending is. On a rewatch I did last year it dove in quality significantly after 2 seasons, but was still watchable.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15730 on: August 03, 2018, 08:07:43 PM »
Yeah thats what keeps me going. I want to see this ending thats universally praised. But man Nate turns into such a douchenozzle over time. Im midway into season 4 now.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15731 on: August 03, 2018, 10:49:42 PM »
So I started castle rock today. I was digging it and then all of a sudden it tells me up next is hand maids tale. I thought this thing had 2 seasons and I had some shit to binge but it only has 4 episodes? Fuuuuuuu

TVC15

« Reply #15732 on: August 03, 2018, 10:50:42 PM »
Started watching supernatural again.  Hopefully, it goes on for 12 more seasons. 

Jesus, every single thong I learn about nuFatherMike makes him seem like the most deranged poster here.
serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15733 on: August 04, 2018, 01:18:41 AM »
Venture Bros, Better Call Saul, what else is returning soon?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15734 on: August 04, 2018, 02:02:51 AM »
So I started castle rock today. I was digging it and then all of a sudden it tells me up next is hand maids tale. I thought this thing had 2 seasons and I had some shit to binge but it only has 4 episodes? Fuuuuuuu
yeah its hulu, they're doing some distinguished mentally-challenged release schedule to simulate weekly tv.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15735 on: August 06, 2018, 10:53:09 AM »
sharp objects isnt for me, dropping it. I need to stop thinking it's going to turn into something i want to watch.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #15736 on: August 06, 2018, 01:27:12 PM »

looks great

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15737 on: August 06, 2018, 04:31:52 PM »
I like it.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15738 on: August 06, 2018, 08:25:39 PM »
Are Emma Stone's eyes moving further apart?  Like continental drift towards her ears? 

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15739 on: August 06, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »
Most likely perspective distortion due to a wider lens exaggerating her features but I wouldn't put it past her simply reaching her final form

Tasty

« Reply #15740 on: August 07, 2018, 03:37:49 AM »
Are Emma Stone's eyes moving further apart?  Like continental drift towards her ears? 

She's got Uma Thurman Syndrome.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15741 on: August 07, 2018, 04:33:52 PM »
Got high as fuck and watched Six Feet Unders finale. This was legit me for that final 15 minutes

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #15742 on: August 07, 2018, 08:28:05 PM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #15743 on: August 08, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »
Netflix has the rights for Better Call Saul over here and they didn't give me any notification on the new season starting. Shit service.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15744 on: August 08, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »
Started The Sinner. Pullman and Biel putting in some masterful work. Show is very evocative. So down for this right now after catching up on S8 of Shameless.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15745 on: August 08, 2018, 04:39:32 PM »
The Sinner is an emotional ride

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15746 on: August 09, 2018, 01:06:06 AM »
Looking forward to Matt Groenig's DISENCHANTED now that I know it'll be on Netflix, and not some unattainable, region-blocked cock-teasery.

benjipwns

« Reply #15747 on: August 09, 2018, 11:39:46 PM »
these fucking social studies warriors mang

https://twitter.com/CarmineSabia/status/1026897591005536256

TVC15

« Reply #15748 on: August 09, 2018, 11:47:43 PM »
Started The Sinner. Pullman and Biel putting in some masterful work. Show is very evocative. So down for this right now after catching up on S8 of Shameless.

Is Biel old enough that her body has gone to shit yet? She used to have a killer ass.  Whatever happened to that sexy Simon from Seventh Heaven?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:01:00 AM by TVC 15 »
serge

Tasty

« Reply #15749 on: August 10, 2018, 12:02:30 AM »
these fucking social studies warriors mang

https://twitter.com/CarmineSabia/status/1026897591005536256

Lesbian Batwoman is over a decade old now though. :thinking

Also, she kicks goddamn ass (though she fucked up pretty bad in Tec last year.) Gonna have a laugh at all the conservatives getting the weirdest boner over her combination origin story patriotism + hot lesbian superhero-ness.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #15750 on: August 10, 2018, 12:37:18 AM »
Elegy :rejoice

Freyj

« Reply #15751 on: August 10, 2018, 01:04:36 AM »
Got high as fuck and watched Six Feet Unders finale. This was legit me for that final 15 minutes

You can’t take a picture of this, it’s already gone.

benjipwns

« Reply #15752 on: August 10, 2018, 01:10:23 AM »
If the Batwoman series gets picked up they should cast a Kathy Kane as a recurring Spyral agent. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #15753 on: August 10, 2018, 01:31:59 AM »
If the Batwoman series gets picked up they should cast a Kathy Kane as a recurring Spyral agent. :lol

The less Morrison BS in the rest of the DCU the better.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15754 on: August 10, 2018, 10:51:06 AM »

Is Biel old enough that her body has gone to shit yet? She used to have a killer ass.  Whatever happened to that sexy Simon from Seventh Heaven?

Shes aging like fine wine plus shes into super kinky shit in The Sinner apparently. She was too hot for that flyover state household.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #15755 on: August 10, 2018, 04:27:18 PM »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15756 on: August 10, 2018, 04:33:37 PM »
Jesus Christ, I just finished

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Part VII
[close]

Of The Sinner. That has to be up there with one of the best episodes of television I've seen. This goddamn show.

TVC15

« Reply #15757 on: August 10, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »

Shes aging like fine wine plus shes into super kinky shit in The Sinner apparently. She was too hot for that flyover state household.

I watched the first ep last night. Good stuff. Pretty graphic murder for the USA Network. I squirted as much as that neck did.
serge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15758 on: August 10, 2018, 06:32:42 PM »

I watched the first ep last night. Good stuff. Pretty graphic murder for the USA Network. I squirted as much as that neck did.

Its pretty damn risque for USA. I think you'll enjoy just how debauched things get.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15759 on: August 11, 2018, 06:32:49 AM »
Just logged in to Amazon and found out there's a third season of PREACHER. I wasn't completely aware they'd had a season 2. Feels really weird that I liked the comic so much and am utterly apathetic about the show. Maybe I'll go back though for Ruth Negga.

There are seven seasons of HAWAII FIVE-OH.

Seven.

What the fuck is wrong with this planet?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #15760 on: August 11, 2018, 10:45:35 AM »
Just logged in to Amazon and found out there's a third season of PREACHER. I wasn't completely aware they'd had a season 2. Feels really weird that I liked the comic so much and am utterly apathetic about the show. Maybe I'll go back though for Ruth Negga.

There are seven seasons of HAWAII FIVE-OH.

Seven.

What the fuck is wrong with this planet?

If you can accept that it's just very loosley based on the book and mostly doing it's own thing..it gets better. I haven't started s3 yet but I enjoyed a lot of s2. I like the cast a lot.

Beezy

« Reply #15761 on: August 11, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »
Another new season of Voltron was put up yesterday. I love how quickly they release these.

benjipwns

« Reply #15762 on: August 12, 2018, 03:59:35 AM »
Everything's gonna be okay Benji

https://twitter.com/LUCIFERwriters/status/1026605724900577281
i so hope they realize that they aren't tied to Fox's demands from season one at all, especially at this point in the show

Elementary has moved into that veteran show presence where it's just about racking up syndication episodes that CBS can stick into the schedule after they cancel everything and make big bucks off of. And while they still stick to the case of the week, they've made the rest of the show entirely about the ever evolving relationships of the characters that it's probably not comprehensible to "pop-in" viewers. Lucifer had basically reached that point already, especially with the mythology stuff, and now they don't have to stick to case of the week, so hopefully they dump it aside from here and there, with the cases being able to go two-three episodes now.

Definitely not saying it should become a season = an act show like Mr. Robot but just that, it's always been the weakest part of the show except when it's a sort of comedy or character focused B plot with most of the episode focusing on the myth-arc.

It's amusingly the show I'm most looking forward to, simply because I want to see how they deal with the reveal to Chloe and how it impacts the show. Really, Always Sunny is arguably the only other show coming back that's potentially doing a drastic change to the format. Despite dumping half the cast in such a public manner and crapping all over to fit it into the finales, Suits refashioning is less so to me than the others because I imagine it actually makes the show better and about legaling again rather than Mike/relationship drama. Most everything else coming back isn't really overhauling the show potentially.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15763 on: August 12, 2018, 08:58:29 PM »
Watched the first episode of Better Call Saul S4. The season trailer made it seem like they're gonna have a real Saul/Mike story this year, hopefully...

Started watching OCTB, a HK cop show (and not the awesome Kirk Wong film...) which had some good success on the Mainland. It's pretty run of the mill (set shortly before the retrocession, ex-undercover cop gets back in the game to bust some of his former gangster accointances, the "good" old triad gets overtaken by a ruthless rogue newcomer etc...), low on the action antics and a bit sappy. Some nice drone shots of the city though and a couple of vaguely familiar faces from film, but it's a bit meager.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15764 on: August 13, 2018, 09:40:19 AM »
OCTB is... mediocrely OK, I guess. A low grade Infernal Affairs, To or Lam movie without the action or style. It's often shot like a straight up soap with some lazy editing / direction and sloppy post production (a colour grading potato meant to highlight an actor's face for a few seconds was visible throughout the shot on scenery : budget too tight to just have a fading in - out key in Resolve :comeon ). But my craving for a HK in the nineties period piece takes the better of me.

There's an amazingly transparent traitorous looking gweilo in it. Some things... Never change.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 09:52:01 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #15765 on: August 13, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »
You give that Day and Night show a try? Been wondering if it's actually worth watching.

Tasty

« Reply #15766 on: August 13, 2018, 12:19:36 PM »
Started watching Brooklyn 99. It's pretty good.

I still wish The Mick had gotten revived instead though. 99 has already had five seasons.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15767 on: August 13, 2018, 02:45:14 PM »
You give that Day and Night show a try? Been wondering if it's actually worth watching.

Didn't know until you mentioned it, will see if available to me.
OCTB started featuring Ng Man-Tat, who has been the sidekick to Stephen Chow in countless comedies.
ὕβρις

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #15768 on: August 13, 2018, 04:05:13 PM »
The Mick was good but didn’t have anywhere interesting to go

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15769 on: August 14, 2018, 12:37:40 AM »
Started watching Brooklyn 99. It's pretty good.

I still wish The Mick had gotten revived instead though. 99 has already had five seasons.
NINE-NINE!

Tasty

« Reply #15770 on: August 14, 2018, 01:07:17 AM »
?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #15771 on: August 14, 2018, 10:48:59 AM »
Started watching The Sinner last night, I love old man Bill Pullman.
©@©™

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15772 on: August 14, 2018, 04:22:50 PM »
S2 of Twin Peaks is so much better when you fast forward through James's bullshit. A can abide all the meaningless threads but his.

TVC15

« Reply #15773 on: August 14, 2018, 09:13:04 PM »
S2 of Twin Peaks is so much better when you fast forward through James's bullshit. A can abide all the meaningless threads but his.

I can’t handle Ben or even Audrey Horne’s storyline.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #15774 on: August 14, 2018, 09:37:42 PM »
History has shown that Twin Peaks kind of isn't that good after all. Like 60% bad, 40% good.

History has shown your opinion only matches mine like 60% of the time. And that’s ok.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #15775 on: August 14, 2018, 10:03:55 PM »
The Return is 100% mastapiece :delicious

kingv

« Reply #15776 on: August 14, 2018, 10:36:49 PM »
This is going to sound like a sociopath move out of context, but cant wait till that little chit Tariq dies, 1 down and one to go.

I really, really liked Evil Dead's stories and content, I feel they had too much time and it would have worked better as 2 - 3 movies.

p.s. Fuck Dre
p.p.s. Fuck Dre again

Good morning to everyone but tariq and angela... and dre. and terry.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #15777 on: August 14, 2018, 10:42:48 PM »
Finished Season 1 of The Sinner tonight. It was a pretty good show, but the conclusion was way too convenient.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cora takes Phoebe out and then they both disappear, but when she comes back, the parents never ask her what happened to Phoebe? And instead they make up a lie about Phoebe dying of the disease, even though they have to have to assume Cora took her and still knows where she is? And not only does Cora believe it, but no authorities or doctors or the Aunt ever ask to see her or any proof of what happened to her? Even making them a religious family that keeps to themselves, that seems like a bit much to believe.
[close]

Still, a good show. Best thing on that garbage network since USA's Up All Night aired Chopper Chicks in Zombietown, I wager.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #15778 on: August 14, 2018, 11:04:11 PM »
Any orgies in it?

Bebpo

« Reply #15779 on: August 15, 2018, 03:17:30 AM »
I’m enjoying Castle Rock so far. The story moves a little slow and it’s not the Dark Tower Kingverse I was secretly hoping, but it’s well made and I’ll watch anything with Holland in. He’s got great sad charisma.