Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1868198 times)

Oblivion

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #15240 on: December 12, 2011, 05:04:56 PM »
lol, seems both Michael Savage and Glenn Beck want Newt out of the race (Savage says he'll pay him a million bux if he does so).

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #15241 on: December 12, 2011, 05:14:56 PM »
It still hurts my head that Newt Gingrich is the frontrunner.

Democrats: Operation Briar Patch is now in full effect
乱学者

Oblivion

« Reply #15242 on: December 12, 2011, 05:19:41 PM »
My favorite is this line that I hear all the time:

"Yeah but real unemployment is much higher"

It's not a fucking conspiracy you douchebags.  It's the same standard of measuring unemployment that almost every industrialized nation uses.  With the reports that come out every week/month there is all the extra information that you're looking for.  I fucking hate that line so much.  I know too many people IRL who love to spout it out like they've discovered some statistical loophole that liberals just don't want you to know about.

What's really douchey is that the righties bitch endlessly about gubment workers, and yet when they get laid off, as states have been doing for months, these same righties then turn around and use the increased unemployment numbers to attack Obama. Someone mentioned before that if the 500k public workers still had their job, the UE rate would be like 8.2%.

Oblivion

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:18:15 PM by Oblivion »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #15245 on: December 12, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »
A president is only as good as his congress. Tea Party congress suuuuuux and have the lowest approval ever. But it's Obama's fault congress sux.
©ZH

Cheebo

« Reply #15246 on: December 13, 2011, 08:16:48 AM »
Apparently Romney doesn't care if he loses...?  ??? :lol
"I'm not in trouble. I'm in a great spot. I could become our nominee, or someone else might become our nominee and I could go back to business and go back to my family. Either one of those is a very nice outcome."

NY Magazine sums it up well:
"To successfully run for president, you have to have a fire burning inside of you... So maybe it's a bad sign for Mitt Romney's chances that he doesn't seem to give a shit about the possibility of losing. If he wins, great. But whatever."
₩‰\

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #15247 on: December 13, 2011, 08:33:25 AM »
8.6 is the new 9.0
pcp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #15248 on: December 13, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »
"I'm not in trouble. I'm in a great spot. I could become our nominee, or someone else might become our nominee and I could go back to business and go back to my family. Either one of those is a very nice outcome."

"To successfully run for president, you have to have a fire burning inside of you... So maybe it's a bad sign for Mitt Romney's chances that he doesn't seem to give a shit about the possibility of losing. If he wins, great. But whatever."

I don't think this is fair. I watched the interview, and it was clear Politico was trying to create news. Most politicians say if they lose they'll just go back to their families. I remember Obama saying that many times during the primaries and general, and even suggesting he wouldn't run for president again if he lost.

Romney has been running for president for five years, he clearly wants to be president more than most people

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #15249 on: December 13, 2011, 12:40:36 PM »
Another Mitt Romney awkwardly interacts with human beings video:

Why is it ok for the federal government to use the DOMA to supress NH state's rights?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #15250 on: December 13, 2011, 07:19:42 PM »
I'm so happy Gingrich is winning right now. Please let that dude get the nomination. Easiest democratic victory ever.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #15251 on: December 13, 2011, 07:23:14 PM »
seriously; it'd be an even bigger joke than 96.  unfortunately the news would still be dominated by the day-to-day bullshit in the run-up rather actual important stuff that'll be going on.
pcp

Oblivion

« Reply #15252 on: December 13, 2011, 10:06:02 PM »
We've already covered arithmetic yesterday, now we move on to geography:

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15253 on: December 14, 2011, 05:12:01 AM »

I don't think this is fair. I watched the interview, and it was clear Politico was trying to create news. Most politicians say if they lose they'll just go back to their families. I remember Obama saying that many times during the primaries and general, and even suggesting he wouldn't run for president again if he lost.

Romney has been running for president for five years, he clearly wants to be president more than most people

Romney is using the Lebron defense. Even if he ain't able to win the big game, he's still gonna be a 200 dolla' million-air white man. Who are the American people to talk down to a guy who bets $10,000 against his opponent on national television?
:9

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15254 on: December 14, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »

Nope, turns out Ron Paul is the frontrunner. He's the Tim Tebow of GOP candidates, he's just waiting for the 4th quarter to take over.

http://situationroom.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/13/blitzers-blog-ron-paul-could-surprise-us/?hpt=hp_bn3
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #15255 on: December 14, 2011, 01:25:37 PM »
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15256 on: December 14, 2011, 01:58:36 PM »
The only thing better for Obama than Newt getting the nomination is Paul getting the nomination.  I don't see it happening though.  The drugs and entitlement reform position is enough to send old people out in droves to vote against him.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15257 on: December 14, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15258 on: December 14, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
So I guess the Iraq War is officially over.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #15259 on: December 14, 2011, 03:55:33 PM »
but america's war... is never over
pcp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #15260 on: December 14, 2011, 03:59:34 PM »
Stuff like this is why I still am convinced Mittens is gonna get the nom:

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/nbcwsj-gingrich-hits-40-percent-among-gop-down-against-obama-by-11.php

The GOP base just spent the last two years pissing away the Senate by nominating nutballs (Angle, the lunatic in Connecticut whose name escapes me now, etc) because they made them feel better about being in a super special club where the darkies aren't welcome, don't see that about to change anytime soon.
yar

Oblivion

« Reply #15261 on: December 14, 2011, 06:02:24 PM »

Nope, turns out Ron Paul is the frontrunner. He's the Tim Tebow of GOP candidates, he's just waiting for the 4th quarter to take over.

http://situationroom.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/13/blitzers-blog-ron-paul-could-surprise-us/?hpt=hp_bn3

Speaking of Tim Tebow, what's the deal with that guy anyway? I hear him getting mentioned a lot in the news, but I just know that he's 1) a football player and 2) Christian. Why is he so popular?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15262 on: December 14, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »
My money is on some pro Newt dude at fox accidentally the whole picture

Romney's just flipflopping again.
©@©™

Robo

« Reply #15263 on: December 14, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »

Speaking of Tim Tebow, what's the deal with that guy anyway? I hear him getting mentioned a lot in the news, but I just know that he's 1) a football player and 2) Christian. Why is he so popular?

He wins against all odds, speculatively because he is a Christian.
obo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15264 on: December 14, 2011, 06:09:40 PM »

oh man, I've heard so much Tebow hate at the barbershop. Lots of "a black QB wouldn't be given the chance to fuck up that much" talk. You know a nerve has been struck when guys in Michigan are lamenting that Ohio State's own Troy Smith wasn't an NFL success.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15265 on: December 14, 2011, 06:43:28 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15266 on: December 14, 2011, 07:34:44 PM »
Newt loses major endorsement:
Actor Gary Busey is withdrawing his endorsement of Newt Gingrich for president.

“It is not time for me to be endorsing anyone at this time! When there are the two final candidates, then I will endorse,” Busey said Wednesday in a statement released through his representative.

Busey endorsed the former Speaker’s presidential campaign Saturday in an exclusive interview with The Hill.

“I’ve never met Newt but I know what he stands for,” Busey said.

Asked why Busey was withdrawing his endorsement, the actor’s spokesman said Busey “likes” Gingrich but “he is not endorsing anyone at this time.”

Also, Gary Johnson's probably out of GOP race and will go for the Libertarian nomination:
Johnson has told a reporter that this is something he’s looking at and that he will be in New York tomorrow to do “as many media appearances as they can wind me up and send me in that direction.” But he said he wasn’t announcing the switch tomorrow.

Stephen Gordon, who identifies himself as the Southern Regional Director of the Gary Johnson 2012 campaign, told me:

“I personally spoke with Governor Johnson a couple of days ago and outlined many of the pros and cons of running for the LP’s presidential nomination. It’s my opinion that certain senior leaders within the GOP have intentionally thrown as many roadblocks as possible into the governor’s path and that the Libertarian Party will be a much more welcoming home to someone of his true small-government ideology and proven track record.”

Gordon added that as of their last conversation the Governor was not yet decided but was strongly considering the idea.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/199391-gary-johnson-to-leave-gop-race-run-as-libertarian
Discussing the possible move late last month, Johnson told KOB Eyewitness News that the party had been unwilling to help him get included in the debates or polls.

"From what I see and hear on the ground, I think a lot more people embrace this message than not, and the Republicans certainly aren't even letting me be heard," Johnson said.

But Johnson believes his message could be better championed as the Libertarian candidate.

"The message wouldn't be changing at all," Johnson said. "It's just a message that hasn't gotten heard. Really, I feel pretty put off by the process and by Republicans not standing for me … just being in the polls to determine whether or not I should be in the debates or not."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:13:17 PM by benjipwns »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15267 on: December 14, 2011, 08:10:56 PM »
No fair quoting a story about Gary Busey and then saying "Gary... will probably go for the Libertarian nomination."

Getting my hopes up.

benjipwns

« Reply #15268 on: December 14, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
haha, didn't even think about that, edited.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15269 on: December 15, 2011, 11:12:58 AM »
Fox News really hates Ron Paul. :lol
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15270 on: December 15, 2011, 11:25:40 AM »
“The Ron Paul people are not going to like my saying this,” Wallace began. “But to a certain degree, it will discredit the Iowa caucuses because, rightly or wrongly, I think most of the Republican establishment thinks he’s not going to end up as the nominee.”

“So therefore, Iowa won’t count,” he added. “It would certainly be a knock to Gingrich because, you know, right now he was the frontrunner — or a week ago he was the big frontrunner in this state so it would be missed opportunity for him.”

Ya know, I don't think I disagree.  Most of the GOP establishment has written off Ron Paul, if he won Iowa that wouldn't change many minds, and it would probably reinforce the idea that Iowa isn't a kingmaker for Republicans.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15271 on: December 15, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
I think we can have a legitimate conversation that Iowa in general is losing it's influence, and also that Paul winning it would truly be irrelevant whereas Gingrich winning it would be relevant. There's no way Paul gets close to the nomination, and if he did magically get enough delegates I think we'd see a brokered RNC convention, with the establishment choosing someone else to be the nominee.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15272 on: December 15, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »
to be fair, his council is no longer advising a veto - he hasn't said he's no longer considering it.

Cheebo

₩‰\

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15274 on: December 15, 2011, 12:28:46 PM »
I can't take Ras polls seriously.

Cheebo

« Reply #15275 on: December 15, 2011, 12:40:20 PM »
Will Ron Paul keep running for the Republican nomination and losing every 4 years till he dies?
₩‰\

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15276 on: December 15, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »
Hey Spencer, how do potheads feel about the Law of the Sea Treaty?  I heard they've got some interesting ideas about exclusive economic zones!

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15277 on: December 15, 2011, 05:14:19 PM »
National Review is dropping bombs on Gingrich, and plans to dedicate an entire upcoming issue to shitting on him. Meanwhile the rest of the establishment continues to attack him. I can't help but be reminded of that press release Gingrich's campaign released earlier this year

The literati sent out their minions to do their bidding. Washington cannot tolerate threats from outsiders who might disrupt their comfortable world. The firefight started when the cowardly sensed weakness. They fired timidly at first, then the sheep not wanting to be dropped from the establishment's cocktail party invite list unloaded their entire clip, firing without taking aim their distortions and falsehoods. Now they are left exposed by their bylines and handles. But surely they had killed him off. This is the way it always worked. A lesser person could not have survived the first few minutes of the onslaught. But out of the billowing smoke and dust of tweets and trivia emerged Gingrich, once again ready to lead those who won't be intimated by the political elite and are ready to take on the challenges America faces.

It seems like Gingrich foresaw all of this, like a 27 inch Zenith, as the poet Raekwon would say

Oblivion

« Reply #15278 on: December 15, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
Really kinda weird that he has Rushbo's support but practically no one else's. :lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15280 on: December 15, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2011/12/15/143770049/census-1-in-2-americans-are-poor-or-low-income

:bow Supply-side economics  :bow2

So who's poor in that picture, the mother or the child? Assuming the Census is "accurate" :smug

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #15281 on: December 15, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »
Newtmania might be coming to an end:
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/12/15/romney_retakes_lead_in_iowa.html

I'm still going to vote for Newt in the caucus anyway.
🍆🍆

pickle

« Reply #15282 on: December 15, 2011, 10:02:44 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2011/12/15/143770049/census-1-in-2-americans-are-poor-or-low-income

:bow Supply-side economics  :bow2

So who's poor in that picture, the mother or the child? Assuming the Census is "accurate" :smug

Small children don't have many tangible assets, so... the child?

benjipwns

« Reply #15283 on: December 15, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »
Will Ron Paul keep running for the Republican nomination and losing every 4 years till he dies?
He said this is his last "best" attempt, which is why he's not running for re-election to Congress.

Oblivion

« Reply #15284 on: December 15, 2011, 11:35:12 PM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15285 on: December 16, 2011, 12:21:29 AM »
Did anyone watch the debate, I was watching shows with my brother

Oblivion

« Reply #15286 on: December 16, 2011, 12:42:56 AM »
Christopher Hitchens just died. :(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #15287 on: December 16, 2011, 01:36:17 AM »

He's with Jesus now
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #15288 on: December 16, 2011, 01:38:12 AM »
and not a single fuck was given
pcp

Phoenix Dark

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #15290 on: December 16, 2011, 02:11:20 AM »
gaf atheists are almost as bad as reddit atheists.  and I'm a semi atheist!
püp

« Reply #15291 on: December 16, 2011, 02:38:19 AM »
gaf atheists are almost as bad as reddit atheists.  and I'm a semi atheist!
You are making an ass out of yourself in the Hitchens thread.
ǚ

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #15292 on: December 16, 2011, 02:38:29 AM »
It's important to feel like you belong in a club, I guess.  HAIL SCIENCE! and all that.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #15293 on: December 16, 2011, 02:39:40 AM »

He's with Jesus now

Posts like this make me wish this forum had a reputation system.

Honestly I probably deserve neg rep for that, stole it pretty much verbatim from Vonnegut's eulogy for Isaac Asimov.
yar

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #15294 on: December 16, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »
I'm getting solicited by my friend to donate money to the Paul campaign... I'd love to see the guy win the nomination - because it will shake things up, and because it'll make it even easier for Obama.
^_^

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15295 on: December 16, 2011, 12:34:18 PM »

Cheebo

« Reply #15296 on: December 16, 2011, 02:12:22 PM »
Filthy libruls? A good tan? Oh my  :lol

Also smoking pot with Obama would be like the coolest thing ever
I actually wonder when Obama last had weed.  :lol We'll never know. He obviously had to say he quit for political reasons but if you read his autobiography he smoked pot like constantly throughout high school and college. No way he quit cold turkey right at the political safest time like is implied.
₩‰\

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #15297 on: December 16, 2011, 02:16:44 PM »
If Obama wins re-election, he should do every speech with a lit blunt in his had.
©ZH

Himu

« Reply #15298 on: December 16, 2011, 02:52:45 PM »

He's with Jesus now
Reminds me of

:rofl

Malcolm's drive/walk to his death is the best thing Spike Lee has EVER done. :bow
IYKYK

Cheebo

« Reply #15299 on: December 16, 2011, 06:25:01 PM »

He's with Jesus now
Reminds me of

:rofl

Malcolm's drive/walk to his death is the best thing Spike Lee has EVER done. :bow
Second only to this:
₩‰\