Author Topic: ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS - Thread of Gaming Zen  (Read 208371 times)

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Re: ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS - Thread of Gaming Zen
« Reply #960 on: March 27, 2020, 01:56:25 PM »
Oh fuck yes just got deeper pockets again

HHNNNNNGGGGG
___

Dickie Dee

« Reply #961 on: March 27, 2020, 02:03:27 PM »
Is there any way to tell what kind a tree is without digging it up?

Also, is there any reason to keep hardwood trees? I think you still get hardwood from fruit trees and cedar...
___

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #962 on: March 27, 2020, 02:05:44 PM »
I don’t know without digging up

The fitting room is very cool in this game

Dickie Dee

« Reply #963 on: March 27, 2020, 02:12:08 PM »
Does anyone have a pear to spare?
___

Himu

« Reply #964 on: March 27, 2020, 02:18:44 PM »
I time traveled to the town hall.

Still no town rating, huh? It really shows this games priorities. It's no longer about the simulation. It's about customization. But if it's less about the simulation that's a hard sell. How do I tell if my villagers are happy? Does it even matter they're happy anymore? Are these elements just a side thing to the real meat of the game: DIY and making the island yours? I'll give it one more week and if it hasn't picked up I'm dropping it.
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #965 on: March 27, 2020, 02:21:59 PM »
I’ll be open for a short while for anyone who wants to grab a few fruits or see the tailor shop starting now

Dickie — pears on trees 👍🏻
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:30:24 PM by CatsCatsCats »

Cheddahz

« Reply #966 on: March 27, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »

Still no town rating, huh? It really shows this games priorities. It's no longer about the simulation. It's about customization. But if it's less about the simulation that's a hard sell. How do I tell if my villagers are happy? Does it even matter they're happy anymore? Are these elements just a side thing to the real meat of the game: DIY and making the island yours? I'll give it one more week and if it hasn't picked up I'm dropping it.
YIKES

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #967 on: March 27, 2020, 02:38:12 PM »

Oh good, Tom Nook finished installing my sex dungeon.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #968 on: March 27, 2020, 02:45:04 PM »

Listen, you might get some hate for this, but you do you. But you'll have to realize like I did that not every AC game is made for every AC fan. It's something I accepted with every game after the GameCube one, but especially City Folk. In the larger Animal Crossing community, City Folk has a large share of defenders who argue the online was something special and still hasn't been replicated. But I dropped it in a similar timeframe as you're considering dropping New Horizons. It just didn't do it for me in the same ways its predecessor and successor did.

But that's fine! I took a bunch of time off from the series and ended up having low expectations for New Leaf. Thankfully, New Leaf exceeded them. You've always been welcome to go back to old ACs if the new one isn't scratching whichever specific itch you need from the newest games.

And who knows, maybe a year down the road after a dozen updates, you come back and NH is way better than you'd thought.

All I'll say is it's good to keep an open mind.

Tasty

« Reply #969 on: March 27, 2020, 02:45:41 PM »
Is there any way to tell what kind a tree is without digging it up?

Also, is there any reason to keep hardwood trees? I think you still get hardwood from fruit trees and cedar...

They'll look like real Christmas trees in December with lights on them. :uguu

Himu

« Reply #970 on: March 27, 2020, 02:46:28 PM »
Could you imagine if Nintendo made a Mario game and someone said,"not every Mario game is made for Mario fans in mind?" Seems pretty counter productive but ok.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #971 on: March 27, 2020, 02:48:03 PM »
Could you imagine if Nintendo made a Mario game and someone said,"not every Mario game is made for Mario fans in mind?" Seems pretty counter productive but ok.

People are still saying Galaxy style sucks and 64 style was better soooo... 🤷🏻‍♂️ And then you have the 3D World weirdos...

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #972 on: March 27, 2020, 02:51:14 PM »
I wear a halo now 😇 oh and Saharah is in my town today

Himu

« Reply #973 on: March 27, 2020, 03:07:56 PM »

Listen, you might get some hate for this, but you do you. But you'll have to realize like I did that not every AC game is made for every AC fan. It's something I accepted with every game after the GameCube one, but especially City Folk. In the larger Animal Crossing community, City Folk has a large share of defenders who argue the online was something special and still hasn't been replicated. But I dropped it in a similar timeframe as you're considering dropping New Horizons. It just didn't do it for me in the same ways its predecessor and successor did.

But that's fine! I took a bunch of time off from the series and ended up having low expectations for New Leaf. Thankfully, New Leaf exceeded them. You've always been welcome to go back to old ACs if the new one isn't scratching whichever specific itch you need from the newest games.

And who knows, maybe a year down the road after a dozen updates, you come back and NH is way better than you'd thought.

All I'll say is it's good to keep an open mind.

Thanks, I think I'll play Wild World instead.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #974 on: March 27, 2020, 03:13:15 PM »
What do you want me to say? It sucks you're not enjoying it. To my eyes it's the same core AC game with a bunch of optional stuff on top. I'd personally keep with it, but like I said you do you.

Himu

« Reply #975 on: March 27, 2020, 03:16:08 PM »
What do you want me to say? It sucks you're not enjoying it. To my eyes it's the same core AC game with a bunch of optional stuff on top. I'd personally keep with it, but like I said you do you.

Nothing. I found your post assuring when you said you also quit city folk at a similar time frame.

Not that what you said was bad. So legitimately thank you.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #976 on: March 27, 2020, 03:21:21 PM »
It's true but I do feel like I missed out on something not playing... There's a whole gap in my AC history. I put 200+ hours into the GC game, Wild World, and New Leaf each, but yeah, couldn't muster it for City Folk.

Difference between then and now, for me, is that CF came pretty close after WW and was basically a port with the city area bolted on. I was burnt out completing WW already, then had to restart from scratch... to top it all off, loading a disc sucked compared to WW's cartridge. On GC load times were instant and you could even pop the disc out of the system after the initial load and the game would still run. CF added a boatload of load screens to the series that weren't there before and it made booting it up for the daily loop a chore.

I also hated the UI of City Folk. The HUD clock was skeuomorphic garbage. But they added the holidays back and apparently nailed the online. Like I said, I wish I could have stuck with it more.

Himu

« Reply #977 on: March 27, 2020, 03:24:08 PM »
I hate city folk as well
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #978 on: March 27, 2020, 03:39:29 PM »
For the record despite the time I put into it, I don't have a particularly high opinion of Wild World either. It and City Folk are bottom tier in the franchise.

You want to talk missing content and cut holidays? Hoo boy...

Anyways this is all much too #BadVibes for a previous good vibes safe haven. Will be switching modes back to New Horizons!

Dickie Dee

« Reply #979 on: March 27, 2020, 03:56:40 PM »
I just googled and apparently town ratings start when you get Isabella?
___

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #980 on: March 27, 2020, 04:45:56 PM »
Sis, if you don’t wanna play anymore, play somethin you enjoy! It was fun having you over and anytime you wanna chill I’ll be playin this for awhile :) I’m really glad we got to play together

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #981 on: March 27, 2020, 04:53:31 PM »
Just got the museum today and its incredible. Completely blown away. Glad I didnt spoil myself with previews. Just beautiful and well designed and so much fun to walk around.

:lawd

Also, whats weird is that I have the GC museum embedded in my brain but cannot for the life of me remember anything about the 3DS museum, even though I put in 100+ hours. Not a thing. WTF.

That being said, why the FUCK is there load times between rooms? I have the game digital, saved to the system. Who the fuck programed this bitch. OPTIMIZE NINTENDO YOU FUCKERS.

:rage :rage :rage
:O

Dickie Dee

« Reply #982 on: March 27, 2020, 04:55:46 PM »
Anybody still need a String fish? I just caught a 2nd one
___

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #983 on: March 27, 2020, 04:57:46 PM »
The main fish I am catching:

- dabs
- olive flounder
- red snapper occasionally
- bass, you can always tell by the extra vibration
- football fish occasionally

It's very predictable and boring.

So far the hemisphere system sounds like a dud. I get they wanted different people to catch different things but patch this. This is terrible.

Never mind the act of grinding clams for bait. Boring and repetitive.

Combined with rods breaking.

It is objectively terrible.
No way. The hemisphere system is the best thing they have done bar none. Do you know how frustrating it's always been to have the weather in reverse? Christmas is in summer here, but my animal crossing village is snowing, no thanks. It also means I can visit someone in the northern hemisphere to catch the fish and insects that I missed instead of waiting 12 months or time traveling.
Spud

james

« Reply #984 on: March 27, 2020, 05:00:40 PM »
Wait are painting and sculptures gone?

:fbm

Im guessing its some September upgrade where they populate the 2nd level the the museum

Tasty

« Reply #985 on: March 27, 2020, 05:18:29 PM »

Keep it in backup for me plz bb? About to go throw 20 bait at the problem and see if that fixes it. :P

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #986 on: March 27, 2020, 05:18:45 PM »
Paintings and sculptures sucked anyway boo

Tasty

« Reply #987 on: March 27, 2020, 05:19:39 PM »

Nah it was cool to see uncensored human genitalia in a Nintendo game. Also Redd was a fun character even if he could be infuriating, that sleazy raccoon fuck. ...I just did it again :I

Dickie Dee

« Reply #988 on: March 27, 2020, 05:20:54 PM »

Keep it in backup for me plz bb? About to go throw 20 bait at the problem and see if that fixes it. :P

I got you  ;)
___

Tasty

« Reply #989 on: March 27, 2020, 05:31:08 PM »

I got you  ;)

Second-to-last bait and caught one!!! :rejoice

Animal Crossing is made of triumphs such as these :klob

james

« Reply #990 on: March 27, 2020, 05:33:43 PM »

No way the museum is great

They should also add a hall of tapestries and a modern art section for the balloon furniture

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #991 on: March 27, 2020, 05:33:51 PM »
Got that stringfish I needed. Museum hunt for this month over. :D

Tasty

« Reply #992 on: March 27, 2020, 05:34:30 PM »
Got that stringfish I needed. Museum hunt for this month over. :D

Same as of 5 mins ago!  :respect

james

« Reply #993 on: March 27, 2020, 05:58:05 PM »
Where do I get this stringfish you are all raving about

Tasty

« Reply #994 on: March 27, 2020, 05:58:09 PM »
29 fish and 25 bugs caught so far. :D

Just paid off my second bridge. :rejoice Have like four ramps to build next lmao.

Tomorrow my roof should be aqua and my mailbox should look closer to the GC version too! :leon

Tasty

« Reply #995 on: March 27, 2020, 05:58:25 PM »
Where do I get this stringfish you are all raving about

Second or third tier rivers and ponds.

Tasty

« Reply #996 on: March 27, 2020, 06:01:14 PM »
Ugh I need the Mabel Sisters so damn bad now  :tocry

Himu

« Reply #997 on: March 27, 2020, 06:09:42 PM »
I just googled and apparently town ratings start when you get Isabella?

I have Isabelle. I can only change the flag and tune or talk about residents I don't like. Like a lot of things in NH, even the town rating, which is as basic as it gets when it comes to animal crossing, is also delayed. Probably for some future thing with a big reveal when it should be a day one thing because it's literally animal crossing 101.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:15:21 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #998 on: March 27, 2020, 06:16:26 PM »

:beli

Nah it was cool to see uncensored human genitalia in a Nintendo game. Also Redd was a fun character even if he could be infuriating, that sleazy raccoon fuck. ...I just did it again :I

Redd is a fox!
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #999 on: March 27, 2020, 06:29:25 PM »
Figured out that even though I'm safe for March ending, it's still possible for me to catch these uncaught fish:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
- Barreleye (ocean)
- Blue Marlin (pier)
- Coelacanth :stahp (rainy ocean)
- Pop-eyed Goldfish (pond)
- Ranchu Goldfish (pond)
- Tuna (pier)
[close]

I catch these and I should be good. 8)

Tasty

« Reply #1000 on: March 27, 2020, 07:19:33 PM »
Caught a coelacanth! :jeb

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1001 on: March 27, 2020, 07:25:19 PM »
For the pond fish, some of the nook islands have giant ponds stuffed full of fishies

Tasty

« Reply #1002 on: March 27, 2020, 07:58:53 PM »
Online despite being barebones is holding up great and I'm having a lot of fun registering best friends, messaging online people in-game (it's fun in a tomagatchy-esque 90s-era texting simulation way), opening my gate and getting people over or flying to people's islands and seeing just how diverse in playstyles and layouts everyone's been doing things.

Last night spent half an hour in my niece's town getting wowed at her feats, until I realized her time traveling friends helped her... Then she came over to my island for an hour while I hunted stringfish.

This morning I log on and Dickie wants to know if he can sell his fruit on Ohana, and of course I say yes. We meet up and he gives me the perfect item to further develop my hot spring area.

A guy on another forum who I've known for years and is a GC diehard, though he played NL, popped over to check my shop out and get the Ohana Isle tour. Had a lot of fun showing him things and blathering on about my plans for everything. :D

Where as about 30% of online New Leaf 3DS sessions for me would die and soft crash, I haven't had any issues in normal play with NH's online. Hopefully an update adds multiplater tours, because otherwise it's a very fun, smooth time.

Tasty

« Reply #1003 on: March 27, 2020, 08:11:22 PM »
Speaking of btw kingv you still gotta accept my BFF request hon. :heartbeat

Himu

« Reply #1004 on: March 27, 2020, 08:37:58 PM »
My final gift to the thread.

My haircut!

(Image removed from quote.)

:bow Shampoodle

So cute :heartbeat

In the past, I've posted a lot about making my own clothes inspired by fashion but couldn't share them due to lack of QR machine. Well, I got one! Enjoy!

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

If anyone has any clothing requests you want me to make or anything like that, just ask! I'd love to!

I made these in New Leaf. I just imported them to New Horizons. All of them except the yukata don't transfer well to NH. The yukata is still :delicious though.

Feel free to remake them for New Horizons if you will, because you can't edit them.

None of you play as girls but whatever. Take the pattern for the yukata and share with your girl friends.

Final goodbye to my character lol. She looked cute in the end.

An ode to bass.

Tasty, the thread is yours now.

IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #1005 on: March 27, 2020, 08:53:54 PM »
My niece gave me an ACNH edition Nintendo Switch item! 😍

Tasty

« Reply #1006 on: March 27, 2020, 09:45:22 PM »
Ending the night with 35 fish species caught and donated :whew

Tasty

« Reply #1007 on: March 27, 2020, 10:10:02 PM »

"You guys ever hear about this kid named Jason Voorhees? They say he drowned in this lake..."

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1008 on: March 27, 2020, 10:55:41 PM »
I fished for like 3 hours on my clifftop river and still didn't get a Stringfish.   :'(
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1009 on: March 27, 2020, 10:56:37 PM »
I fished for like 3 hours on my clifftop river and still didn't get a Stringfish.   :'(

Bait? Took me like 60 bait across 3 days to nab one.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1010 on: March 27, 2020, 11:03:44 PM »

I used 40 bait and then when that ran out, I just ran around for a bit.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1011 on: March 27, 2020, 11:04:31 PM »

Keep at it until Monday or so, then panic? :P

Tell Dickie to hold onto his extra if he still hasn't sold it too.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1012 on: March 27, 2020, 11:06:04 PM »

Keep at it until Monday or so, then panic? :P

Tell Dickie to hold onto his extra if he still hasn't sold it too.

I don't think you can transfer fish and bugs. It doesn't let you sit them down when other people are on your island, and you can't send them through the mail.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1013 on: March 27, 2020, 11:09:50 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That would track with past games, but it really seemed like you could throw the "minimized" version down and have a friend pick it up.

Maybe I'm wrong, that would preserve the balance from past games, but I assumed we'd have the freedom to exchange bugs and fish in ACNH.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1014 on: March 27, 2020, 11:12:34 PM »
Maybe you can put it down, then have your friend log in and take it. I haven't tried that. I just know that it won't let you put things on the ground while friends are there.
©@©™

Dickie Dee

« Reply #1015 on: March 27, 2020, 11:20:24 PM »
I sold my String fish sorry Joe  :'(

Didn't think anyone wanted it — maybe we can't trade anyway?
___

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1016 on: March 27, 2020, 11:27:15 PM »
It's fine, not like I have anything else to do this weekend.  :corona_mj
©@©™

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #1017 on: March 28, 2020, 12:04:11 AM »
I started with oranges on my island which is fitting since I’m from Florida, but I was a little bummed I didn’t get peaches like I had on GameCube. But today “mom” sent me peaches.  :-[

Blathers gave me a shovel, was kind of surprised such a basic tool was saved until late. I think I have all tools now except ladder. Excited to see what the finished museum will look like tomorrow.

Was stung by wasps three times today. Will be on the watch for them tomorrow.

This game must think I’m a weeb because I’ve shot down two gifts out of the sky, one was a rice cooker and the other an Imperial Bed. The bed is massive, I left my villager sleeping in luxury when I quit.
WDW

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1018 on: March 28, 2020, 07:46:00 AM »
Can i just leave fruit hanging or will it rot?

Want to let it hang for a few days so I can harvest everything at the same time, and from then on same time every time.

Tasty

« Reply #1019 on: March 28, 2020, 09:24:31 AM »
Can i just leave fruit hanging or will it rot?

Want to let it hang for a few days so I can harvest everything at the same time, and from then on same time every time.

Fruit doesn't rot, whether on trees or on the ground. :)