Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 575642 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #2280 on: March 14, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »
So what is it when you guys keep thinking I’m a troll or alt?
Hell of a deflection. I've never said this about you.
每天生气

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2281 on: March 14, 2018, 09:45:38 PM »
i'd smoke weed with huelen

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #2282 on: March 14, 2018, 09:45:39 PM »
Cream is the sort of person who will let you know if you're making statements that don't contribute to acceptance of non-binary people in society at large, or judging them unfairly, or using the wrong pronouns.  This is based on a lifetime of personal experience in how much it hurts when people mistreat you over superficial differences.  I think someone like that is guaranteed to act charitably when they encounter someone like Huelen who only wants to take part in polite conversation.  Resolving differences and gaining a better understanding of each other is at the forefront of what Cream is all about.

I’ve made it pretty clear that I believe Huelen to be a petty fake, and not actually solely interested in polite conversation.

There are a lot of people who believe non-binary people are faking as well.  The world is a much better place when we take people at their word and accept that whatever they are going through is genuine.

You’re right.  This is actually a really good point and I’m sorry for jumping down her throat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2283 on: March 14, 2018, 09:46:00 PM »
we expect people here to be mature enough to deal with or ignore things they don't like.
Don't need mommy and daddy to keep you safe.

Unless you're Creepy Stalker. He apparently took things too far.
And the sentient taint that was Neofeg.

Nola

« Reply #2284 on: March 14, 2018, 09:48:51 PM »
Cream is the sort of person who will let you know if you're making statements that don't contribute to acceptance of non-binary people in society at large, or judging them unfairly, or using the wrong pronouns.  This is based on a lifetime of personal experience in how much it hurts when people mistreat you over superficial differences.  I think someone like that is guaranteed to act charitably when they encounter someone like Huelen who only wants to take part in polite conversation.  Resolving differences and gaining a better understanding of each other is at the forefront of what Cream is all about.

I’ve made it pretty clear that I believe Huelen to be a petty fake, and not actually solely interested in polite conversation.

Not really interested in getting pulled into this, but while I haven't really interacted with Huelen, well, ever, and while I mostly avoid what has turned into a trash heap of a thread, from the things I have come across, I don't think she has ever indicated herself to be the type of person you think she is?

Could it be that in the heat of getting dog-piled and being treated with the same underlying behavior that many of those same people obliviously and unironically turn their nose up at Resetera for engaging in, that you vacuumed her up and placed her into the same trash heap as the rest and maybe shouldn't have?

agrajag

« Reply #2285 on: March 14, 2018, 09:50:07 PM »
Quote from: Cream

Can someone tell me what the point of having mods is if people can disregard the things they say without consequence

Welcome....

to The Bore  :trumps

Bore Expert

« Reply #2286 on: March 14, 2018, 09:50:41 PM »
Hey Cream, what are your thoughts on Lime?

Jansen

« Reply #2287 on: March 14, 2018, 09:55:06 PM »
Hey Cream, what are your thoughts on Lime?

at least lime is a silent hill fan...

Jansen

« Reply #2288 on: March 14, 2018, 09:58:25 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2289 on: March 14, 2018, 09:59:52 PM »
Jesus fuck.  Look at this mess.

Don't make me do it:

Cream, stop making dumb fucking mod reports.  Either engage in conversation with people or ignore them.  Also consider that astonishingly, there are in fact other threads on this board and you can even make your own if you want to talk about something!  :o 

Now get back to shit-talking other forums.
:batman
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2290 on: March 14, 2018, 10:01:26 PM »
Oh shit, look at me being late with this.  I'm a Puppy! already made a Cream containment thread.  :lol
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2291 on: March 14, 2018, 10:01:52 PM »
Can someone tell me what the point of having mods is if people can disregard the things they say without consequence

Red Mod warnings written in comic sans only last for an hour. Now if it had been blue and times news roman, oh man...

shosta

« Reply #2292 on: March 14, 2018, 10:02:09 PM »
AND a Sigourney Weaver pumpkin thread.

#blessed
每天生气

daemon

« Reply #2293 on: March 14, 2018, 10:02:20 PM »
Quote from: Cream

Welcome....

to The Bore  :trumps

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I swear to god, if I don't get likes for this one you'll hear my autistic screeching overseas
[close]

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #2294 on: March 14, 2018, 10:03:13 PM »

Thats a pretty big BUT wouldn't you say?

The main reason black people stay poor is because of capitalism's poverty cycle, generations upon generations of trailer park whites and ghetto blacks continue to be poor because capitalism is a shitty system that unlike the bullshit being spoonfed to Americans doesn't really give opportunities to the the vast majority of people. This is why despite the endless liberal bragging about the first black president the neoliberal shill didn't do shit about black communities. He couldn't, in order to do that he would have to do some serious damage to capitalism and the ruling class he worked for.

I would take any number of issues with that simple narrative or the assertions made on top of them, but that is sort of irrelevant to the point about whether race is currently a major life advantage in America or not.

Fact is if you are white you are much more likely to be born into a higher income household and/or a household with access to any number of life advantages.

Maybe dissolving capitalism into whatever vague economic system you think will bring on the coming utopia is the best path to eliminating that advantage/disadvantage, but in 2018 America, being white, in the aggregate, provides a much greater probability to be born into advantage and being white provides numerous advantages throughout the life cycle.

No, race isn't a major life advantage, income is. The fact that you have to talk about income to prove that race is important proves that by far the biggest issue here is income. High poverty rates result in crime, broken families, lower education and marginalization worldwide, income is the fucking key to everything and explains most of the statistics. Furthermore, bitching about a vague systemic racism that is keeping blacks down won't do jack shit for black people.

The economic system you support by voting for corporate shills like Obama and Clinton is what is keeping blacks down, the complaints you and people like you have are nothing but superficial posturing and result in a big fat nothing. The best you can offer is third rate treatment for the symptoms instead of focusing on the root of the problem. And of course you won't focus on the problem, you're part of it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2295 on: March 14, 2018, 10:04:08 PM »
STFU.  Go post that in the Politics thread.
ど助平

daemon

« Reply #2296 on: March 14, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »

Things got real. We got blue mod text.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #2297 on: March 14, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »
Welcome to your journey into the initially frightening but altogether necessary realm of differing opinions and worldviews. It's not all that dissimilar to the real world, where you will in fact run into all sorts of people with all sorts of political affiliations, some of which may not align with your own. Personally, I've made it very, very clear about what I think of the current WH admin, but when I, too, leave the house and go out into the world, I meet people who voted for this and in some cases still support this on a daily basis, and so far...yep, no brawls or shootouts or nuclear explosions yet.

On the contrary, I've never met anyone proclaiming to be alt-right face to face that I can recall. I've been in proximity when the fellow residents of my city kicked a pack of proper Neo-Nazis out of town when they rode in, heavily armed, to try to stop a memorial to Black Texan Veterans from being unveiled on the Capitol grounds, and I've recoiled in disgust at the photos showing the Nazi flag hanging proudly not too far from here at College Station the day after the election, but let's be perfectly clear: "Alt-Right" is an internal rebrand for Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists. Voting Republican doesn't make you Alt-Right. Being conservative doesn't make you Alt-Right. Saying something you disagree with doesn't make the other person Alt-Right. Lulzing at the latest Twitter drama that now constitutes standard fare for a Superpower might be misanthropic, or it could just as easily be highlighting the absurdity of our times. I dunno. I could probably find out by having a conversation instead of whining metacommentary and dismissing them as evil.

This alt-right labeling has become overused to the point where it's lost meaning, which is probably a big win for the folks who came up with it and just another way that political discourse has eroded into hyper-partisan us vs them, with us or against us, dehumanizing drivel.

Nazis and their ilk aren't welcome here and have never been welcome here. Nazis belong in the ground and in history books, most of the world seemed to agree on a few generations back, and my grandparents had to live through that hell on earth and knock off their fair share of the fuckers for me to be here typing this post. You're not on a damned alt-right message board.

Someone you disagree with or dislike or find little value in on NeoGAF...they're probably not Alt-Right.

I've met hundreds of single issue voters since the election who were otherwise reasonable, affable people, maybe until politics entered the equation. In those instances you're unlikely to get anywhere productive.

That's the beauty of good ol' NeoGAF. We can get into proper debate and bring out quotes, facts, supporting documents, and long-form compelling arguments that aren't polite or appropriate avenues most of the time out in the world, from vastly different perspectives at all corners of the world, while still treating each other with a modicum of decency and humanity. Let's do more of that and less pigeonholing and namecalling. Thanks.

:trumps
Fish<

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2298 on: March 14, 2018, 10:06:16 PM »

Things got real. We got blue mod text.
I'M BATMAN
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #2299 on: March 14, 2018, 10:06:21 PM »
Oooh blue text  :crowdlaff :girlaff
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2300 on: March 14, 2018, 10:07:11 PM »

:bolo

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2301 on: March 14, 2018, 10:08:15 PM »
Yeah, Optimus should make a thread where he can be tsundere to communism.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2302 on: March 14, 2018, 10:08:30 PM »
Oooh blue text  :crowdlaff :girlaff
NOW I'M TELLING YOU IN PINK TEXT SO YOU KNOW I MEAN BUSINESS.
ど助平

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #2303 on: March 14, 2018, 10:09:11 PM »

That thread is about Trump's daily life, I can't disrupt such an important newsfeed. What if an update comes in, I post, the page changes and people miss what Trump twitted about Jay-Z?

etiolate

« Reply #2304 on: March 14, 2018, 10:09:51 PM »
Post in that buttercream thread

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2305 on: March 14, 2018, 10:10:29 PM »
You know what?  I was doing the red mod text thing long before REEEEE came along.  Those fuckers owe me royalty fees or something.
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #2306 on: March 14, 2018, 10:10:46 PM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #2307 on: March 14, 2018, 10:13:30 PM »
I'll just say I think Huelen is like a self-aware Lime with a sense of humor, ie; I trust them as far as I can throw them. 

Actually, I'm a big guy and probably could get some good distance.  I don't trust them very much at all!
sigh

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2308 on: March 14, 2018, 10:14:31 PM »
I'll just say I think Huelen is like a self-aware Lime with a sense of humor, ie; I trust them as far as I can throw them. 

Actually, I'm a big guy and probably could get some good distance.  I don't trust them very much at all!

Big how?
serge

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #2309 on: March 14, 2018, 10:15:28 PM »
Well that stings....

I think I’ve learned a valuable lesson. I will  work hard to change my approach.

Also I don’t know who Lime is

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2310 on: March 14, 2018, 10:18:14 PM »
Also I don’t know who Lime is

That's the thing, no one does  :rollsafe

Nola

« Reply #2311 on: March 14, 2018, 10:22:00 PM »

No, race isn't a major life advantage, income is. The fact that you have to talk about income to prove that race is important proves that by far the biggest issue here is income. High poverty rates result in crime, broken families, lower education and marginalization worldwide, income is the fucking key to everything and explains most of the statistics. Furthermore, bitching about a vague systemic racism that is keeping blacks down won't do jack shit for black people.

The economic system you support by voting for corporate shills like Obama and Clinton is what is keeping blacks down, the complaints you and people like you have are nothing but superficial posturing and result in a big fat nothing. The best you can offer is third rate treatment for the symptoms instead of focusing on the root of the problem. And of course you won't focus on the problem, you're part of it.

And race is a probabilistic component of the family you are born into, and white families are more likely to be economically and geographically positioned. You acknowledged this before you clawed back on it.

And the historical structural advantages that white people have established for themselves over the last 300 years, in the aggregate, often gives white people a leg up in many aspects of life. Which I gave examples of on the other page.

This will apparently remain the case until we get to your capitalism-less utopia you promise. In the meantime, whether you think the root of this disparity and the cause of these identifiable advantages is capitalism, that advantage exists presently. And by all accounts it is a notable one in the aggregate.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2312 on: March 14, 2018, 10:22:29 PM »
And while I'm being BATMAN, Some of you guys just live in this thread- go check out the rest of the Bore sometime.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2313 on: March 14, 2018, 10:23:01 PM »
Wait on second thought stay in here
ど助平

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2314 on: March 14, 2018, 10:24:05 PM »
Nice logic. This is how date rape gets excused.

sigh

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #2315 on: March 14, 2018, 10:24:15 PM »
why are you trying to ruin the rest of the bore

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2316 on: March 14, 2018, 10:24:18 PM »
I'd smoke meth with Creepy Stalker  :doge

TVC15

« Reply #2317 on: March 14, 2018, 10:24:54 PM »

I’d smoke dick with filler.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2318 on: March 14, 2018, 10:25:46 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2319 on: March 14, 2018, 10:26:46 PM »

Wait, how does one smoke d--

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Smoke%20Dick
Smoke Dick
"When a drug addict trades sexual favors for drugs (esp. crack)"

:ohhh
ど助平

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2322 on: March 14, 2018, 10:28:30 PM »
And while I'm being BATMAN, Some of you guys just live in this thread- go check out the rest of the Bore sometime.

There's... more?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2323 on: March 14, 2018, 10:31:26 PM »
I wonder if his pubic statement would change if he became successful and knew that the consequences of speaking out wouldn't derail his career.

I feel like at this stage of his career, he probably feels like he has to down play the situation regardless of how he really feels.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5586913/

Let's face it.  We all know the real story.  Katy asked that boy back into her dressing room.  She offered him a carbonated water spiked with pamplemousse flavor and bluntly said, "give me some under-the-shirt above-the-bra action and I'll make you a star."  He walked out disturbed and Katy voted him down. 

#himtoo
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2324 on: March 14, 2018, 10:34:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5506382/

Holy shit!

What the fuck does "tendies" mean?

It's a slur. In this case, it's tied to some image they have of people who are socially inept eating chicken tenders which they pronounce as "tendies" because they're so stunted. He used it as an insult against OP.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5506954/

"Tendies," is a bannable term now.
sigh

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2325 on: March 14, 2018, 10:36:01 PM »
I could go for some buttermilk tendies right about now. :noah

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2326 on: March 14, 2018, 10:36:52 PM »
Nice logic. This is how date rape gets excused.

(Image removed from quote.)

In the 80s the kid would have gotten a boner, gone to her dressing room expecting more while day bow bow played in the background and getting the door shut in his face after he learns it was juat a stunt.
:9

Jansen

« Reply #2327 on: March 14, 2018, 10:40:19 PM »

Wait, how does one smoke d--

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Smoke%20Dick
Smoke Dick
"When a drug addict trades sexual favors for drugs (esp. crack)"

:ohhh

TVC15

« Reply #2328 on: March 14, 2018, 10:44:20 PM »
ATTENTION BOREANS: They just played Samantha Fox on Assassination of Gianni Versace and my boner is FIERCE.
serge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2329 on: March 14, 2018, 10:45:17 PM »

no
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2330 on: March 14, 2018, 10:45:22 PM »
Wait on second thought stay in here

ok
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2331 on: March 14, 2018, 10:48:29 PM »
User Warned: Personal attack. against KetKat
You're a piece of work you know that? I made a comment about the fragility of younger generation, which considering all things is a fairly legitimate statement.

But please continue to be your usual hateful self towards anyone that isn't 100% on side.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5474476/

User banned (24hrs): personal insults
You dont sound like a very good son im sorry
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5458218/

Let's not turn this into a potentially physically abusive relationship (one could argue it's that already since the dad is telling the mom not to make him dinner).
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5460029/

No tendies is physical assault.

Amazeballs
sigh

etiolate

« Reply #2332 on: March 14, 2018, 10:53:02 PM »
edit

fuck that song takes a turn

BisMarckie

« Reply #2333 on: March 14, 2018, 10:55:17 PM »
This thread keeps on delivering. From a OP that is all over the place and I'm pretty sure made up most of the stuff to a random dude dropping in and maybe threatening some guy .

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2334 on: March 14, 2018, 10:56:26 PM »
This thread keeps on delivering. From a OP that is all over the place and I'm pretty sure made up most of the stuff to a random dude dropping in and maybe threatening some guy .

I couldn't find that part.  Apparently he told the other guy to meet him at a well known local joint?
sigh

shosta

« Reply #2335 on: March 14, 2018, 10:57:17 PM »
Lol a nerd showdown?
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #2336 on: March 14, 2018, 11:10:24 PM »

Nola

« Reply #2337 on: March 14, 2018, 11:12:24 PM »
edit

fuck that song takes a turn

I miss white supremacy self-indoctrination of the 80's and 90's TBH.

Sure the humor's better today, but at least The Turner Diaries encouraged in-person social networks and outdoor activities.

Jansen

« Reply #2338 on: March 14, 2018, 11:14:20 PM »

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #2339 on: March 14, 2018, 11:17:04 PM »

I couldn't find that part.  Apparently he told the other guy to meet him at a well known local joint?

Actually, it was a very well-intentioned olive branch extended to talk out their differences since they live in the same city and have had beneficial discussions before.   I guess offering to pay for dinner and have a dialogue is considered a threat to the socially inept.  ;)