Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 575042 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #3660 on: March 19, 2018, 02:42:21 PM »
I've conditioned myself to be a lot more zen-like about driving. I don't get mad about people cutting me off, I just laugh it off with amusement now. Sometimes if I am in a rush to get somewhere, I might reluctantly cut someone off, but try to avoid any crazy stunts. Majority of the time I give myself enough of buffer so I don't have to rush. It's not worth risking your life or the stress to road rage  :ohyeah
pretty much. i like driving fast but just on the highway and even then if someone wants to go faster i'm not going to get in a race with them, i'll move over and let them go on by. and i don't care enough about going fast to tailgate someone because people are stupid/insane/both when it comes to that shit.

i'm against passing on the right but i'd rather do that than engage with someone that is either not paying attention or holding a weird grudge about driving. both are equally dangerous mindsets.

when it comes to just regular roads i'll just stick to the speed limit or at most go 5 over. i've gotten one expensive speeding ticket and that was enough to curb me of that practice.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3661 on: March 19, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
Yeah, they always go nuts on that automation shit.

GAF OT always seemed to think that we were like 2 years away from being entirely replaced by robots in all industries.

No matter how many good intelligent reasons you can give them about why Uber won’t be able to replace drivers with self-driving cars sometimes in the next 6 months they’d never believe it.

Go to one of those McDonald’s with the touch screens and you’ll start to realize cashiers are probsbly here to stay for a minute too.

Idk what you’re talking about. I use those touch screens exclusively. I haven’t talked to a McDonald’s employee in over a year now, besides saying thank you when I grab my order

You don’t drive? Shocking. Good topic of discussion for the Cream thread.

I don’t drive either, bitch.
serge

thetylerrob

« Reply #3662 on: March 19, 2018, 02:45:51 PM »
I think it would though

agrajag

« Reply #3663 on: March 19, 2018, 02:46:54 PM »
Way to live up to your online persona irl  :gurl

My online persona irl would be the guy who tailgates and flashes high beams at someone already going 85, or who merges into a car-length space between two cars.

How many Hillary stickers would your online persona's car have?

Drainage

« Reply #3664 on: March 19, 2018, 02:47:19 PM »

GAF OT always seemed to think that we were like 2 years away from being entirely replaced by robots in all industries.

No matter how many good intelligent reasons you can give them about why Uber won’t be able to replace drivers with self-driving cars sometimes in the next 6 months they’d never believe it.

Go to one of those McDonald’s with the touch screens and you’ll start to realize cashiers are probsbly here to stay for a minute too.

Idk what you’re talking about. I use those touch screens exclusively. I haven’t talked to a McDonald’s employee in over a year now, besides saying thank you when I grab my order

Too busy suuuuucking cock in the passenger seat

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #3665 on: March 19, 2018, 02:47:46 PM »

Too busy suuuuucking cock in the passenger seat

No see that one actually is me

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3666 on: March 19, 2018, 02:47:49 PM »
Way to live up to your online persona irl  :gurl

My online persona irl would be the guy who tailgates and flashes high beams at someone already going 85, or who merges into a car-length space between two cars.

How many Hillary stickers would your online persona's car have?

The car is Hillary.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3667 on: March 19, 2018, 02:49:27 PM »
what if you're driving where 85 is the speed limit? do you add another 15 before you stop moving over or just stick to that speed as your holding point?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3668 on: March 19, 2018, 02:49:28 PM »
Dropping bombs onto a ship... in space? Wut.

I can buy this.  Obviously every Star Wars ship has its own gravity generator so people can walk around normally.  Bombs drop in the direction of the ship's local gravity field until they exit it and keep freefalling in that direction with no friction to stop them.

What is this, troll physics? The bomb would just carry on on the same trajectory than the ship that "dropped" it. You know, momentum and all.

Likewise, Star Wars' ships are distinguished mentally-challenged. Someone should point out to them that wings are useless in space.

BisMarckie

« Reply #3669 on: March 19, 2018, 02:51:52 PM »
I've conditioned myself to be a lot more zen-like about driving. I don't get mad about people cutting me off, I just laugh it off with amusement now. Sometimes if I am in a rush to get somewhere, I might reluctantly cut someone off, but try to avoid any crazy stunts. Majority of the time I give myself enough of buffer so I don't have to rush. It's not worth risking your life or the stress to road rage  :ohyeah

Same here, I drive more relaxed nowadays than I did in my 20's. It's still fun to push my car to the limit but I only do that during daytime on a clear road.
A friend of mine had a nasty accident with a deer in the middle of the night when we was doing 130ish and that made me rethink my driving habits.

cutting people off in heavy traffic doesn't save you any time anyway.

TVC15

« Reply #3670 on: March 19, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »
Likewise, Star Wars' ships are distinguished mentally-challenged. Someone should point out to them that wings are useless in space.

They take off from the ground and also fly inside of atmospheres. 

Raist owned.
serge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3671 on: March 19, 2018, 03:03:30 PM »
Neil Degrasse Tysoning TLJ is dumber than any single aspect of the movie itself :nerds

Tasty

« Reply #3672 on: March 19, 2018, 03:05:10 PM »
Driving :nope

Diverless future :ohyeah

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3673 on: March 19, 2018, 03:08:26 PM »

They take off from the ground and also fly inside of atmospheres.

Good luck taking off with those wings.

BisMarckie

« Reply #3674 on: March 19, 2018, 03:08:34 PM »
Driving :nope

Diverless future :ohyeah

Nah I'll only buy an automated car if it's mandatory which probably won't happen in my lifetime.
I'll also only drive stick unless my right arm or left leg falls off.

I like long drives(as I said earlier I don't commute by car anymore) and having a driverless car would feel like sitting in a damn bus and nobody wants that.  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3675 on: March 19, 2018, 03:11:18 PM »
i gave up on manual when i got an electric car. though our scion has some kind of manual mode you can change into but it's clutchless so i dunno how it works.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3676 on: March 19, 2018, 03:12:09 PM »
Actual space combat would look like something out of Expanse series. Star Wars is just dumb shit.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3677 on: March 19, 2018, 03:14:44 PM »
The problem with Star Wars is that we're getting so many Star Wars movies and products that the illusion that it is something special kinda fades away.
🤴

jorma

« Reply #3678 on: March 19, 2018, 03:16:02 PM »
Good luck taking off with those wings.

I mean, I don't know what you are trying to say.. maybe the particular designs wouldn't work?  Either way, good luck flying around earth-like atmospheres without wings?

BisMarckie

« Reply #3679 on: March 19, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
If your automatic doesn't have a manu-matic mode you are probably poor.

Shifting gears without a clutch is just boring to me.We have two legs for a reason  :doge

I was pondering buying an Audi A6 in 2010ish which had this and when I tried it, I couldn't have hated it more.

« Reply #3680 on: March 19, 2018, 03:36:12 PM »
Reset Logo looks like a pocket pussy waiting to get filled

it looks like a male gender symbol with the dick bit pushed back inside it

really makes you think

TVC15

« Reply #3681 on: March 19, 2018, 03:37:57 PM »
If your automatic doesn't have a manu-matic mode you are probably poor.

Shifting gears without a clutch is just boring to me.We have two legs for a reason  :doge

I was pondering buying an Audi A6 in 2010ish which had this and when I tried it, I couldn't have hated it more.

Fuck clutches. I like keeping one foot free to rub the dick of the dude sitting in the passenger seat.
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3682 on: March 19, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »
I never use my paddle shifters, wasn't my point.

Just saying I'm pretty sure they are on all new cars that aren't dirt cheap and it's been that way for a while.
unless it has an electric motor, of course

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3683 on: March 19, 2018, 04:05:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-ever-buy-stuff-from-amazon-just-to-get-something-in-the-mail.30606/
I know it's kind of sad but sometimes when I buy something, I realize after I get it that I don't need, or even really want, the thing. I just wanted something to track in the app and show up at my door like a not especially good present.
:'(

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3684 on: March 19, 2018, 04:10:25 PM »
Play a loot game instead. :smug

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:stahp
[close]

TVC15

« Reply #3685 on: March 19, 2018, 04:15:58 PM »
Boreans, here is your Monday morning erection.

serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3686 on: March 19, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
max torque at 0rpm  :mynicca

eat my dust gasfegs :heh

my car has a gas engine too, though i rarely use it :lol
[close]

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3687 on: March 19, 2018, 04:23:23 PM »
"My Mission"

A few days ago I made a thread on the Official Nintendo Forums that i was in love with Marin from Links Awakening. I said the reason I was in love with her was because of her appearance, her personality, her dreams and everything else. I’ve been in love with her since childhood when I had my Game Boy.

Marin was a girl on an island with no powers, just words of serene and wanting to fulfill her dream. The story and everything touched my heart. Now I understand Marin was not real, but I actually found out that emotions are telling me that I’m in love with the real Marin that’s really out there.

In other words, we feel that Miyamoto knew these Zelda characters when he drew them from certain people. A lot of people were touched my my message and felt that we should go on a search for Miyamoto to find the true answer. In other words, we want to ask Miyamoto-dono who the real Zelda people were that he got his ideas from.

We feel Miyamoto-dono really knew people like Zelda, Marin, Link, Malon etcetera and are personalities and have put them into the games. We are going to form a search party for Miyamoto because these questions we have we have been wanting to know the answers for all of our lives. Sometimes we even cited when we were in love with a character from a game and knew we would never meet them.

I cried, however I feel we can find them. I tried to get everyone to come with me on this search, but we were still discussing the situation when the topic reached 390 posts. NOA staff deleted it. We don’t know why, but it happened.

So I found this site and I’m hoping that this site is the same site for the dreams and answers to the Zelda characters with whom we have loved. I have loved so much for Marin that I have she tears over her.

I know you guys may think weird or even crazy for loving a game character, but I am not. You see it is our emotion that is trying to reach out to a certain person we love. We can’t help it if we’re touched by the characters looks, personality and so on etcetera.

So I’m just posting here if anyone has suggestions for our situation. Actually I have a lot of people that want to come with me to find Miyamoto so we can get these answers. Our love is so strong for this journey that we don’t want to put it aside.

Finally, I am asking the NOA staff to please revive the thread and give me access to the thread so i can document the pages, as lots and lots of work was deleted.

rub

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #3688 on: March 19, 2018, 04:23:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-ever-buy-stuff-from-amazon-just-to-get-something-in-the-mail.30606/
I know it's kind of sad but sometimes when I buy something, I realize after I get it that I don't need, or even really want, the thing. I just wanted something to track in the app and show up at my door like a not especially good present.

Capitalism is the most efficient and logical system for distributing scarce resources.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3689 on: March 19, 2018, 04:39:45 PM »

And they say millennials are poor because the job opportunities don't exist...

Jansen

« Reply #3690 on: March 19, 2018, 04:43:35 PM »
were yall seriously arguing about the consistency of science in fuckin star wars

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3691 on: March 19, 2018, 04:47:23 PM »
were yall seriously arguing about the consistency of science in fuckin star wars

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3692 on: March 19, 2018, 04:49:31 PM »

It's that or we debate whether or not a magazine called Chicks With Dicks is hate speech again.

Jansen

« Reply #3693 on: March 19, 2018, 04:49:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fat-shaming-at-a-concert.30607/

just ignore the bitch? or ya could also do this crazy thing called communication

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3694 on: March 19, 2018, 04:53:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fat-shaming-at-a-concert.30607/

just ignore the bitch? or ya could also do this crazy thing called communication

"She's a big fan of Lorde."

Hehe

BisMarckie

« Reply #3695 on: March 19, 2018, 04:54:48 PM »
From what I've learned here so far, I thought fat shaming was the only bannable offense on the Bore?  :doge

And not posting enough gay subtext of course  :doge
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:58:50 PM by KennyLoggins »

TVC15

« Reply #3696 on: March 19, 2018, 04:56:08 PM »
I’ve seen Lorde twice for some reason. The first time she was terrible. The second time she was even worse. One of the worst live acts I’ve ever seen.
serge

Jansen

« Reply #3697 on: March 19, 2018, 04:56:55 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

well the bioware forums are dead now for a reason....

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3698 on: March 19, 2018, 04:59:07 PM »
That has more to do with their own output being worse than that post.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3699 on: March 19, 2018, 05:01:38 PM »
The problem with Star Wars is that we're getting so many Star Wars movies and products that the illusion that it is something special kinda fades away.

No, the problem with Star Wars is that it's ran by Disney execs that want to feed us endless amounts of shitty fucking movies that all try to mimic Joss Whedons bullshit that was fresh 10 years ago.

Everything is a semi-comedy now with no real suspense or meaning. It's all a big joke.  They're not even decent when considered children's movies, it's only made worse by the fact that there's grown ass men that defend this junk as culturally significant still.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3700 on: March 19, 2018, 05:03:01 PM »
From what I've learned here so far, I thought fat shaming was the only bannable offense on the Bore?  :doge

And not  enough gay subtext of course  :doge

It's the best way to summon Demi, though. Watch:

Fat people (including me) need to get fucked in the ass for being fucking fat.

BisMarckie

« Reply #3701 on: March 19, 2018, 05:05:43 PM »
max torque at 0rpm  :mynicca

eat my dust gasfegs :heh

That sound tho  :lawd

hampster

« Reply #3702 on: March 19, 2018, 05:27:37 PM »
:heart Lost Fleet / Jack Campbell space combat :heart
Zzz

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3703 on: March 19, 2018, 05:35:49 PM »
I know, was just having fun. ;) Though it is funny that every goddamn big SUV and truck owner always pulls up to my Volt and gives me a sideways look and revs their engine at stoplights. I don't do it often but once in a while (mainly if they are being extra annoying about it) I'll switch into Sport mode and zoom away when the light changes as they try their hardest to catch up. :lol

The sound of acceleration is the one thing I do miss though. :'(

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3704 on: March 19, 2018, 05:41:36 PM »
Yeah I've dropped down to driving the most boring cars at this point in my life and it sorta bums me out. A Scion xB and Chevy Volt wasn't exactly my goal 15 years ago but they'll do for now.

Friend of mine got a new Fiesta ST recently and another got a GTI, and  it's something I'm thinking about but I'll just stick to thinking for a while.

BisMarckie

« Reply #3705 on: March 19, 2018, 05:48:08 PM »
If I was living in the states again I woud buy the most basic ass sedan that gave me the best MPG as well.  How often do you go faster than like 85-90? It's just not worth it.

Official message from the German government: Please keep buying our overpowered and overpriced cars!  :doge
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3706 on: March 19, 2018, 05:50:05 PM »
yeah but when you have the chance it's pretty cool

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3707 on: March 19, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »
that's part of the reason a Fiesta is appealing. Not the fastest car out there but feels good in corners and you can take off quickly when you want/need to. But the ride certainly leaves something to be desired

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3708 on: March 19, 2018, 06:05:45 PM »
crx was my first car! :playa

my first work on that car was rigging up a preposterously large sub woofer in the back because i was a 15 year old asshole :lol

BisMarckie

« Reply #3709 on: March 19, 2018, 06:11:10 PM »
My first car was a 1989 VW Golf

I think it had something like 60HP and when you did more than 70mph it felt like it was going to explode.

It was also so cheap that I had enough money left to buy a ridiculous stereo system :rollsafe

TVC15

« Reply #3710 on: March 19, 2018, 06:15:42 PM »
What the fuck are you people even talking about? CREAM HALP!
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3711 on: March 19, 2018, 06:20:14 PM »
My CRX was an 84. Had 15" subs in the back and when I'd turn up the stereo past halfway the rearview mirror would fall off :lol But in 2000/2001 BFE Ohio it made me pretty damn cool.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #3712 on: March 19, 2018, 06:25:35 PM »
We need a car thread.

Is there a car thread?
woke

BisMarckie

« Reply #3713 on: March 19, 2018, 06:26:49 PM »
My CRX was an 84. Had 15" subs in the back and when I'd turn up the stereo past halfway the rearview mirror would fall off :lol But in 2000/2001 BFE Ohio it made me pretty damn cool.

It doesn't matter how much of a lemon your car is when you can drive girls around blaring some sweet tunes :rollsafe

But seriously, take the GTI for a test drive if you're even mildly nterested. It's more comfortable than it looks like from the outside.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3714 on: March 19, 2018, 06:32:41 PM »
I drive a 2004 Mazda 6 I got fairly cheap during the 'crisis'.

Drives like a dream, build like a tank.
🤴

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3715 on: March 19, 2018, 06:41:11 PM »
I drive a bicycle and the gear freezes as soon as it's 0c. It's -9 now.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3716 on: March 19, 2018, 06:45:01 PM »

If you accidentally click "Dine In", it doesn't let you go back and change your choice, you have to cancel your order and start again. I had it bugged last night where it wanted me to use the restaurant pager, but there were none left, and it didn't give me the option to click no thanks.

Besides that one issue though, never had a problem. Touch screen allows you to see the full menu and customise your order and shit, and you don't have to feel guilty about having to dictate it to some poor cashier.

TVC15

« Reply #3717 on: March 19, 2018, 06:51:58 PM »
Ok, this is the funniest thing I’ve seen all day that I am allowed to share here.

serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3718 on: March 19, 2018, 06:59:53 PM »
I don't know, old people are melodramatic and dumb.

Plus she spit on a guy in a wheelchair, I would've done more than slap that bitch.

TVC15

« Reply #3719 on: March 19, 2018, 07:05:17 PM »
I don't know, old people are melodramatic and dumb.

Plus she spit on a guy in a wheelchair, I would've done more than slap that bitch.

From reading news articles, she was also saying racist shit.
serge