Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 575710 times)

Jansen

Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #4200 on: March 21, 2018, 02:13:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5827320/

distinguished mentally-challenged fellow makes one of the mods :trigger as fuck

marrec

« Reply #4201 on: March 21, 2018, 02:43:21 PM »
Y'all are busy laughing at mods getting triggered, meanwhile the real tragedy of ERA is in that "I put condensed milk on my pancakes" thread

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4202 on: March 21, 2018, 02:48:39 PM »
Y'all are busy laughing at mods getting triggered, meanwhile the real tragedy of ERA is in that "I put condensed milk on my pancakes" thread

That's kinda racist. That's my cultural heritage you are making fun of.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

I ain't even joking.  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4203 on: March 21, 2018, 02:48:45 PM »

Oh god that dude Slaythe is something else. Dude would drone on and on and on and on in DBFZ GAF threads about some character only being an assist and not in the game and how unjust it was and how it was a personal attack on him etc etc etc. Basically just shit up every thread about the game with his nonsense. I don't have a resetti account but I'm sure his post history there is more of the same spazzing, like this: https://www.resetera.com/posts/4636427/

marrec

« Reply #4204 on: March 21, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »

:drudge :drudge

I can't even eat pancakes tbh, but sweetened condensed milk on anything sounds very disgusting.

thetylerrob

« Reply #4205 on: March 21, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »
I too sexually identify as a Dragon Ball Z character that is considered a robot in western regions and part human in Japan because of mistranslation

Jansen

« Reply #4206 on: March 21, 2018, 02:59:28 PM »
i didn't realize people took dragon ball so seriously until recently. people spazzing out over unearned power ups and how unfairly gohan has been treated :heh

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-talk-about-dragon-ball-super-stamina-problem.27251/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-we-talk-about-how-power-levels-in-dragon-ball-are-just-a-clockwise-color-wheel.21651/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:04:04 PM by Jansen »

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4207 on: March 21, 2018, 02:59:53 PM »

I can't even eat pancakes tbh, but sweetened condensed milk on anything sounds very disgusting.

See Marrec? This is why people don't like it when someone acts like a Resetera poster. Someone is going to be offended and they will surely let you know about it. Though ultimately, you just don't give a fuck.  ;)

Now you understand how other people feel, progress.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4208 on: March 21, 2018, 03:03:52 PM »
i didn't realize people took dragon ball so seriously until recently. people spazzing out over unearned power ups and how unfairly gohan has been treated :heh
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4657201/

I've only just learned about this recently too. The new fighting game has brought a lot of DB fans to our weeklies and bigger fighting game tournaments and there's some....interesting folks out there that are really REALLY big dragon ball fans.

marrec

« Reply #4209 on: March 21, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »

See Marrec? This is why people don't like it when someone acts like a Resetera poster. Someone is going to be offended and they will surely let you know about it. Though ultimately, you just don't give a fuck.  ;)

Now you understand how other people feel, progress.

No I do give a fuck, if I legitimately offended you I apologize. I didn't realize it was a cultural food item rather than just some poster discovering it.

I'm not a picky eater, but stuff that has too much sweetness makes me recoil, however what I don't actually give a fuck about is if people are putting condensed milk on their pancakes. People can and should eat whatever they want.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4210 on: March 21, 2018, 03:07:47 PM »
I thought we had a good thing going and then you went and ruined it.  :maf

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #4211 on: March 21, 2018, 03:08:16 PM »

Oh god that dude Slaythe is something else. Dude would drone on and on and on and on in DBFZ GAF threads about some character only being an assist and not in the game and how unjust it was and how it was a personal attack on him etc etc etc. Basically just shit up every thread about the game with his nonsense. I don't have a resetti account but I'm sure his post history there is more of the same spazzing, like this: https://www.resetera.com/posts/4636427/

lol, this guy. I remember him being super defensive about DB super's animation quality and yet he gets mad as hell that a character in the game doesn't have the correct height.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4625358/

agrajag

« Reply #4212 on: March 21, 2018, 03:08:57 PM »
Marrec should be lepered for his slander against sweetened condensed milk. Also showing what a fucking gringo you are.

marrec

« Reply #4213 on: March 21, 2018, 03:20:36 PM »
Marrec should be lepered for his slander against sweetened condensed milk. Also showing what a fucking gringo you are.

Even the smell of it makes me a little sick to my stomach.

agrajag

« Reply #4214 on: March 21, 2018, 03:24:26 PM »
It's also the Russian national pancake condiment   :trumps

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4215 on: March 21, 2018, 03:24:41 PM »
arroz con leche :mouf

agrajag

« Reply #4216 on: March 21, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #4217 on: March 21, 2018, 03:36:24 PM »
The Nazi Pug conviction looks exactly like the shitty backwards blasphemy laws in other countries. But since social justice is pretty much a religion at this point, I guess it doesn't surprise me.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4218 on: March 21, 2018, 03:42:09 PM »
I should teach my cat to do a communist fist everytime I say "30 million people dead from starvation and deprived of their individuality!"

But then I remember that cats generally can't remember any commands longer than 4 syllables. Oh well.

nudemacusers

« Reply #4219 on: March 21, 2018, 03:45:57 PM »
Can we talk about breastmilk?

Also was cream lepered? Pls unleper. Thx.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:54:32 PM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4220 on: March 21, 2018, 03:57:09 PM »
The Nazi Pug conviction looks exactly like the shitty backwards blasphemy laws in other countries. But since social justice is pretty much a religion at this point, I guess it doesn't surprise me.

The next time someone gets arrested for "killallmen" or some shit they're bound to come crying.

jorma

« Reply #4221 on: March 21, 2018, 03:58:31 PM »

Even the smell of it makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Call it a "preference" all you want, we know what you really want to call Nabbis.

marrec

« Reply #4222 on: March 21, 2018, 03:59:28 PM »
Can we talk about breastmilk?

Also was cream lepered? Pls unleper. Thx.

You ever use breastmilk to make dulce de leche?

nudemacusers

« Reply #4223 on: March 21, 2018, 04:02:52 PM »
No but it makes a dece White Russian, depending on what my wife ate ofc
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4224 on: March 21, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »
i've seen a total of three episodes of dragon ball but they were about the people not named goku being upset and worried about when goku was going to show up and beat up some people, then they got beat up by those people, then goku showed up. i assume that's basically the jist of the whole show?

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4225 on: March 21, 2018, 04:12:12 PM »
spoilers geez
rub

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4226 on: March 21, 2018, 04:13:15 PM »
 :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4227 on: March 21, 2018, 04:15:19 PM »
As a huge DBZ fan I hate the weirdos who obsess over it and take it too seriously. Like they get legit upset when Goku gets a power up and beats the villain in the end with maybe a new form, motherfucker it's Dragon ball what did you expect?

With Super, something more than NOW I HAVE RED HAIR!  NOW I HAVE BLUE HAIR!  NOW I HAVE SILVER HAIR AND NO SHIRT!  :doge
ど助平

marrec

« Reply #4228 on: March 21, 2018, 04:16:03 PM »

My GF is just gross enough to do this for me

nudemacusers

« Reply #4229 on: March 21, 2018, 04:17:41 PM »
Dbz is trash unless you’re 13
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #4230 on: March 21, 2018, 04:19:16 PM »
every time I see DBZ, they're battling constipation

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4231 on: March 21, 2018, 04:20:20 PM »

My GF is just gross enough to do this for me

You're going to beat off into a White Russian?
rub

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4232 on: March 21, 2018, 04:20:37 PM »
As a huge DBZ fan I hate the weirdos who obsess over it and take it too seriously. Like they get legit upset when Goku gets a power up and beats the villain in the end with maybe a new form, motherfucker it's Dragon ball what did you expect?

With Super, something more than NOW I HAVE RED HAIR!  NOW I HAVE BLUE HAIR!  NOW I HAVE SILVER HAIR AND NO SHIRT!  :doge

We both know Toriyama is just cashing them checks and DB is essentially japanese Archie with fighting now. It's still fun but you won;t see me take that shit too seriously.

I'm not sure how people can take a show where people are named after vegetables and other foods that seriously in the first place.   :P
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4233 on: March 21, 2018, 04:21:41 PM »
There's deviations here and there but basically, yeah. I love the show but it isn't top tier writing. People who actively watch hoping it turns into something it's not are corny as hell.
Listen I've watched WWE for like 20 years so I'm not one to critique writing lol

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4234 on: March 21, 2018, 04:22:40 PM »

We both know Toriyama is just cashing them checks and DB is essentially japanese Archie with fighting now. It's still fun but you won;t see me take that shit too seriously.

It'll be riveting again when they turn it into a zombie horror show with art adapted from Francesco Francavilla.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4235 on: March 21, 2018, 04:27:23 PM »

I'm not sure how people can take a show where people are named after vegetables and other foods that seriously in the first place.   :P
The original DragonBall is actually a pretty well crafted show imo, it's the Z stuff that's kinda garbage. If toriyama ended around the end of Frieza he would be a lot better remembered.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4236 on: March 21, 2018, 04:43:10 PM »
It also has Master Roshi being a pedophile.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #4237 on: March 21, 2018, 04:46:31 PM »
I only know the over 9000 meme.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4238 on: March 21, 2018, 04:47:54 PM »
I'll have you know that it was actually 8000 in the original manga.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4239 on: March 21, 2018, 04:53:59 PM »
All ya'll have watched every DBZ episode. 
:bolo
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #4240 on: March 21, 2018, 05:02:51 PM »
Even as a kid I knew that DBZ dumped all over the original DB. The tone shift from a Journey to the West half-parody to weird scifi made no sense and there were retcons all over the place. You might have watched DB for the story, but DBZ only for the fights.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4241 on: March 21, 2018, 05:03:32 PM »
I'm not talking about how it will be remembered for being popular/being fond of it, I'm talking about the craft, it's not very good and it's never going to be remembered as something good.

paprikastaude

« Reply #4242 on: March 21, 2018, 05:07:54 PM »
HEAD CHALA

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #4243 on: March 21, 2018, 05:11:11 PM »
Did ResetEra help get this reddit banned? I don't think it would have been if this thread wasn't made.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5848317/

:neogaf

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4244 on: March 21, 2018, 05:21:01 PM »
Aw man they banned shoplifting? That's a shame, was a fascinating sub to lurk. That and lossprevention were a cool look at how stealing works from both sides of the law

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4245 on: March 21, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »
I'm not talking about how it will be remembered for being popular/being fond of it, I'm talking about the craft, it's not very good and it's never going to be remembered as something good.

Most of the world seems to disagree with you, dude.

I can understand not liking, but I wouldn't call it bad by any means.
I actually like DBZ and I'm up to date with it, I also know it isnt very good. People will remember stuff like Blade Runner as excellent examples of film in 20 years but wont for Marvel movies. This is a pretty close parallel.

nudemacusers

« Reply #4246 on: March 21, 2018, 05:28:18 PM »
Dbz is the baywatch of anime. It’s on random channels across the world, translates well, the episode order doesn’t matter, and everyone watches for the tits/punching
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4247 on: March 21, 2018, 05:29:13 PM »
dbz has tits? why didn't anyone say anything about that part?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4248 on: March 21, 2018, 05:30:56 PM »
Aw man they banned shoplifting? That's a shame, was a fascinating sub to lurk. That and lossprevention were a cool look at how stealing works from both sides of the law

And r/stealing. We still have r/watchpeopledie though.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4249 on: March 21, 2018, 05:31:16 PM »
Another close parallel is say the original Blade Runner and something like Star Wars. Both are remembered and beloved for different reasons. A simple piece of entertainment with narrow goals can stand the test of time as long as it's still entertaining.

Rambo is not The French Connection but it's still remembered fondly, for example.
Again, i'm talking specifically about craft and have from the start.

hampster

« Reply #4250 on: March 21, 2018, 05:35:58 PM »
Giantbomb's All Systems Goku is giving me renewed appreciation for DBZ

I still remember watching the early Namek arc on my gamegear's tv tuner. Those were the days :)
Zzz

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4251 on: March 21, 2018, 05:39:49 PM »
Another close parallel is say the original Blade Runner and something like Star Wars. Both are remembered and beloved for different reasons. A simple piece of entertainment with narrow goals can stand the test of time as long as it's still entertaining.

Rambo is not The French Connection but it's still remembered fondly, for example.
Again, i'm talking specifically about craft and have from the start.

Ok, i know the manga specifically is praised highly for it's panelling and toriyama's art and fight choreography(there's a few good Super Eyepatch Wolf videos on that) and the anime had some well done moments animation wise. And I feel like there's something to be said about the escalation in the series.

We can agree to disagree, breh. But I feel like DB definitely has some merit, just not in writing specifically.
Swinging back to where I started, I think DB is great, it has great characters, fun stories, it's animation style is pretty cute. I think Z is bad and it only really went indefensibly off the rails after Frieza.

Jansen

« Reply #4252 on: March 21, 2018, 05:48:16 PM »
All ya'll have watched every DBZ episode. 
:bolo

I haven't. Stopped at the end of the cell saga and I've never seen the OG show either.

« Reply #4253 on: March 21, 2018, 05:48:18 PM »

was also funny to see fuckers from r/shoplifting go on other subs and cry about unfair reputations and treatment acting like innocent little victims

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4254 on: March 21, 2018, 05:54:27 PM »
Ugh the new rules at r/watchpeopledie are so overbearing that I’d think Bork designed them.

No more child killing videos, but child accident death videos are still allowed. Taking away our rights, the liberals.
serge

Drainage

« Reply #4255 on: March 21, 2018, 06:16:56 PM »
There are some old gems in that shoplifting thread

Quote from: budi
It's disappointing disgusting to see so narrow minded and naive people labeling every shoplifter as simply bad people and scum. You have no idea what situation some of these people are in. Some are struggling with paying rent, paying for their medicine, there are people suffering from addictions and mental health problems. But you assholes are just spitting down from your ivory towers. You are worse people than many of these shoplifters who atleast sometimes struggle with morality of their ways. While you fail to show any bit of sympathy to people who have it way worse than you.

I've been in dire situations myself, but I have the priviledge of having friends and family (Finland also tries to take care of it's people in need) that have helped me out so I don't need to rely on theft. Not everyone is that lucky.

Bravotyler

« Reply #4256 on: March 21, 2018, 06:18:42 PM »
If we're talking about Ree and Dragon Ball

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trailer-for-new-dragonball-movie.30834/page-8#post-5812810
Quote from: Cybersai
Anyone remember when new transformations were earned through hard work and the villains had sophisticated and in-depth backstories with enticing lore?

:neogaf

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4257 on: March 21, 2018, 06:51:04 PM »
"I don't agree with them but I support their right to say it" universally translates to "I actually do support the hate speech they say but I'm trying to be low key racist here, don't put the spotlight on me" in 2018.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5851944/

I thought this was an awesome parody of that thread's content but nope, that dude legit thinks that.
sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4258 on: March 21, 2018, 07:05:42 PM »
Dog throws a nazi salute and people lose their goddamn mind

etiolate

« Reply #4259 on: March 21, 2018, 07:11:16 PM »
reddit banned all the gun sales subreddits too

:drudge CINDI :drudge

They banned beer, scotch and cigar trade reddits as well.  :punch