Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898864 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #9480 on: January 11, 2020, 11:23:45 AM »
Least she could've done is text him  :idont
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9481 on: January 11, 2020, 11:58:06 AM »

I was gonna say that

this is like a 90s sitcom premise when people didn't have phones

not allowed at this venue  ???
Uncle

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #9482 on: January 11, 2020, 12:35:35 PM »
I’m pretty sure he’s referring to the ass and legs waifu of Nier Automata and honestly I don’t know why she gets a pass. The characters were insufferable in that game.
She didn't.
People had plenty to say when the game came out, but then you move your aim to newer things.
Also someone with a DMC avatar should never comment on insufferable characters.

Why do you hate fun?

FStop7

« Reply #9483 on: January 11, 2020, 01:33:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-john-boyega-just-posted-on-his-instagram.164106/page-7#post-28137966

If he were in kpop industry, his career would be over. I dont think he should treat the comments like that, even though mostly they are negative comments

:expert

BisMarckie

« Reply #9484 on: January 11, 2020, 01:58:35 PM »
Please confirm filler

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #9485 on: January 11, 2020, 02:09:43 PM »
That's not really anything new from ACLU. They can do good, like defend immigrants, but also since they'll defend literally anyone they also do stuff like defend Nazis.

Its almost like they actually believe in the concept of civil rights being universal!

Civil rights are by definition not universal.

Based on the story in that post I think you're also conflating civil liberties with civil rights.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9486 on: January 11, 2020, 02:13:33 PM »
I googled "American Civil Rights Union" and had a laugh

The American Civil Rights Union is an American legal organization founded by former Reagan Administration official Robert B. Carleson in 1998 as a conservative counter to the American Civil Liberties Union.

:lol
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #9487 on: January 11, 2020, 03:50:07 PM »

Something tells me this person is anti phone

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9488 on: January 11, 2020, 04:15:34 PM »
That's not really anything new from ACLU. They can do good, like defend immigrants, but also since they'll defend literally anyone they also do stuff like defend Nazis.

Its almost like they actually believe in the concept of civil rights being universal!

Civil rights are by definition not universal.

Based on the story in that post I think you're also conflating civil liberties with civil rights.

:confused

the principle that the ACLU operates under is the concept that certain liberties are considered universal rights, and that everyone should benefit from them equally, not just the people or causes you happen to like anyway

the story of the post I quoted is the usual story that era think the ACLU are 'bad allies' because they don't think some people are more equal than others

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9489 on: January 11, 2020, 04:20:31 PM »
He's saying civil rights are laws that protect against discrimination whereas civil liberties are universal rights guaranteed by the constitution. Civil rights can't be universal - they're laws that target specific minorities in order to approximate universal values.
每天生气

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #9490 on: January 11, 2020, 05:45:52 PM »
I have a lot of shipping experience and 9 times out of ten the most popular parring tend to be between rivals, enemies, basically any relationship with a lot of tension.

:doge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-john-boyega-just-posted-on-his-instagram.164106/post-28146969
sigh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9491 on: January 11, 2020, 06:18:39 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-discussion-stay-civil-dont-get-personal-keep-it-in-here.1506304/reply?quote=256517019
Quote from: EviLore, post: 256517019, member: 4
You don’t see “dead forum” talk about GAF anymore from the reeeing hyenas, now that our activity levels have improved 10x in two years. They’re forced to come up with bizarre alternate realities like NeoGAF being named after 4chan (????).

ど助平

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #9492 on: January 11, 2020, 06:19:46 PM »
10x0 is still 0

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9493 on: January 11, 2020, 06:23:54 PM »
Years of shipping experience.

ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9494 on: January 11, 2020, 06:25:55 PM »
I don't know how much you know about the shipping industry (I'm an expert)
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9495 on: January 11, 2020, 06:27:36 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-discussion-stay-civil-dont-get-personal-keep-it-in-here.1506304/reply?quote=256517019
You don’t see “dead forum” talk about GAF anymore from the reeeing hyenas, now that our activity levels have improved 10x in two years. They’re forced to come up with bizarre alternate realities like NeoGAF being named after 4chan (????).

Feb 2018

those smileys  :jeanluc

neogaf today

however resetera today?

both doing worse than 2 years ago  :lol
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9496 on: January 11, 2020, 06:43:22 PM »
ContraPoints shows tweets harassing her with the name censored out: „omg she should have censored the profile picture too!!“
Boyega shows tweets including the name and avatar of People harassing him: „lol you go! Perfectly fine!“

That's a good point, I fully expect the moderator who bans you from people mashing the report button to clarify the difference

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #9497 on: January 11, 2020, 07:54:09 PM »
Forums are dying, also RE and GAF are looney bins. Even before that era thread about it I've noticed no new posters ever show up, it's the same people over and over. While GAF, well, it's where you go if you can tolerate JordanN.

I did spend time on various vidya forums as a kid. Forums nostalgia has me stick around a bit like here.
Reddit is a massive content hub but I can't stand the circlejerk of actual posting. 4chan is best for shitposting, can have a thread argument and take all sides of the argument due to anonymity to keep stoking people :aah

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #9498 on: January 11, 2020, 08:01:49 PM »
Reddit is awesome. Forum personalities were the worst thing about forums and (at least my) reddit communities seem to avoid that for whatever reason, whether it’s psychological or what.

It did take me time to adjust tho
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #9499 on: January 11, 2020, 08:08:35 PM »
squaredcircle has characters but that's the only one from my subs

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #9500 on: January 11, 2020, 08:11:36 PM »
Reddit is awesome. Forum personalities were the worst thing about forums and (at least my) reddit communities seem to avoid that for whatever reason, whether it’s psychological or what.

It did take me time to adjust tho

god, the forums hierarchies with the personalities everyone sucked up to, obnoxious
yeah... I bet there are a lot of things going on with your reddit communities

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #9501 on: January 11, 2020, 09:25:54 PM »
Yeah GAF is doing great and REE is barely holding it together.

GAF has a whopping 250 users online, whereas poor REE only has 3,000. That's only 1100% difference.
Fish<

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #9502 on: January 11, 2020, 09:32:26 PM »
He's saying civil rights are laws that protect against discrimination whereas civil liberties are universal rights guaranteed by the constitution. Civil rights can't be universal - they're laws that target specific minorities in order to approximate universal values.

There's also the fact that civil rights and liberties are relational to states or pre-state formations, of which there are presently quite a great many.

Biff

« Reply #9503 on: January 11, 2020, 09:48:01 PM »

Feb 2018

(Image removed from quote.)

those smileys  :jeanluc

neogaf today

however resetera today?

both doing worse than 2 years ago  :lol

the bire

not even popular enough to get the free 90 day chart
 :salute

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #9504 on: January 11, 2020, 09:53:49 PM »
https://www.similarweb.com/website/thebore.com

Headquarters
Gibraltar, Gibraltar

Top 5 Organic keywords
Out of 68 Organic Keywords Leading Keywords which brought free desktop traffic to thebore.com.
December 2019 analysis

thebore 14.25%
    kandagawa jet girls booru 10.10%
    psp themes 7.24%
    violet evergarden booru 6.90%
    seb mckinnon magic art 5.78%

Also visited websites Other Visited Websites List of websites frequently visited by thebore.com users. Last 3 months analysis
live.nicovideo.jp
live2.nicovideo.jp
gamewith.jp
jisho.org
thecoli.com

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #9505 on: January 11, 2020, 10:00:33 PM »
https://www.similarweb.com/website/resetera.com#referrals

thebore.com
9.08%

good work benji, you made it

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #9506 on: January 11, 2020, 10:30:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-love-how-video-games-bring-out-the-worst-in-my-relationship.164206/

She beat my playtime for Dark Souls and text me “Get Good bum ass nicca”. Shit talking is generally a part of our relationship lol.

Are you both black?
Oi Oi

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #9507 on: January 11, 2020, 10:38:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-love-how-video-games-bring-out-the-worst-in-my-relationship.164206/

She beat my playtime for Dark Souls and text me “Get Good bum ass nicca”. Shit talking is generally a part of our relationship lol.

Are you both black?

OP replies with "Yes" - crossing eden shrinks back to lurking...

Im jealous OP I want a relationship like that lol
:crazy

railGUN

« Reply #9508 on: January 11, 2020, 10:42:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/“people-say-things-they-dont-mean-when-theyre-upset-angry-or-scared-”.164193/

This thread is like watching an AI trying to figure out a new algorithm.

Edit:

Quote from: Astro
Yes.

However, you don't suddenly sprout a mindset you did not have (unless there is some other kind of mental issue at play).

You could unfairly chastise someone when you didn't mean to. You're not going to suddenly use a racial slur unless that word is something you would normally use or think.

There was an interesting article from a black female psychologist who works with the mentally ill that floated around when Joker came out.

But she was basically saying that some people who say racist things when in a mania or episode are saying them because they know they are painful and hurtful things, because they think In that moment that the words will help whatever they are trying to accomplish, not because they believe them.

You might want to dig it up, it was an interesting read to say the least.

Quote from: Astro
Curious. Why did you aim that post at my comment?

:hmm

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 10:50:30 PM by railGUN »
Fish<

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9509 on: January 12, 2020, 12:50:53 AM »
I swear that fucking bors comic suddenly introduced "curious" as an interjection into their lexicon  :curious
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #9510 on: January 12, 2020, 01:07:10 AM »
I swear that fucking bors comic suddenly introduced "curious" as an interjection into their lexicon  :curious

I miss being able to say, "queer," when something strange occured that I wanted to point out. 

It was such a great word. 
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #9511 on: January 12, 2020, 01:28:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cpeople-say-things-they-dont-mean-when-theyre-upset-angry-or-scared-%E2%80%9D.164193/

This from the forum full of emotional basket cases who can barely buy milk at the store without having a panic attack and calling everyone a racist.  There is so much  :science that shows how the autistic, anxiety issue prone, schizophrenic, Tourettes, drug using or alcoholic, or just mentally disturbed have intrusive and transgressive thoughts that are polar opposites of what they believe.

They demand so much "acceptance" of their own personal mental issues but disregard the concept if a literally crazy person likes Trump.  They know what they did, not slick, etc. 

I pray that a James Gunn figure gets black out drunk and screams his hatred for Mongolians so we can hear Era defend him.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #9512 on: January 12, 2020, 01:32:47 AM »

Are you both black?

Lol, what if he wasn't?   What bullshit would Crossing Eden pull to make the idea of a black women calling her white BF a nicca and make it about herself and her struggle.  What a leech. She sees happiness and must stamp it out.
sigh

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #9514 on: January 12, 2020, 01:39:21 AM »
it prides itself in being a safe space from the toxic personalities that now crowd the gaming community. They welcome all races and creeds, boasting of their liberalism and how committed they are in fostering an inclusive environment that is free of hate. Though, in reality, it’s a rigid community of liberal white racists - heavily leaning into LGBT - and an approved group of black bootlickers. Independent thought is not just frowned upon, but strictly forbidden, especially if you are a straight black male.

ResetEra fucking annhilated :sabu

clothedmacuser

« Reply #9515 on: January 12, 2020, 02:35:51 AM »
Quote from: Excel
Except shipping is let's be honest inherently a sex contest.

His joke was in the context of his "ship" having a better chance of winning than Kylo's because you know what happened to Kylo.

You can't divorce this from the context of it's about fucking shipping which is 99% about sex.

I don't even know what this means.  It might be correct instead of mind numbingly strange. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-john-boyega-just-posted-on-his-instagram.164106/post-28160947

All I know is  ??? ??? ???
sigh

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #9516 on: January 12, 2020, 02:55:40 AM »
royalan still got dumped on despite all he did

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9517 on: January 12, 2020, 04:45:15 AM »

Are you both black?

Lol, what if he wasn't?   What bullshit would Crossing Eden pull to make the idea of a black women calling her white BF a nicca and make it about herself and her struggle.  What a leech. She sees happiness and must stamp it out.

Crossing Eden is a dirty straight male. Likely of the Enzom variety.
Margs

Averon

« Reply #9518 on: January 12, 2020, 06:00:32 AM »
Did Royalan leave ERA after he stepped down? Haven't seen him around since then. I wouldn't blame him if he did leave permanently. After everything he did for that place, he got done dirty  :lol Then again, he completely approved of that insular, toxic culture ERA is infamous for, so he got hoisted on his own petard. If I remember right, wasn't he the one that pushed for the banning of all conservative posters during the early days of ERA?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #9519 on: January 12, 2020, 06:05:33 AM »
Oh, were there further updates on that REE mod with the 7-8 year car loan that got into an accident and totaled their shit without insurance? This is so important that I will ask again if I don’t get an answer because that was juicy schadenfreude.
serge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9520 on: January 12, 2020, 06:55:11 AM »
Oh, were there further updates on that REE mod with the 7-8 year car loan that got into an accident and totaled their shit without insurance? This is so important that I will ask again if I don’t get an answer because that was juicy schadenfreude.

they're a fucking idiot, so they make frequent guest appearances here

eg most recently:
this is a fucking stupid argument, topic locked
Nepenthe: HOLD MY BEER

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9521 on: January 12, 2020, 07:02:07 AM »
Some internet darlings really showed their asses on this one.

Which never happens otherwise.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-john-boyega-just-posted-on-his-instagram.164106/post-28168367
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #9524 on: January 12, 2020, 08:12:42 AM »
it prides itself in being a safe space from the toxic personalities that now crowd the gaming community. They welcome all races and creeds, boasting of their liberalism and how committed they are in fostering an inclusive environment that is free of hate. Though, in reality, it’s a rigid community of liberal white racists - heavily leaning into LGBT - and an approved group of black bootlickers. Independent thought is not just frowned upon, but strictly forbidden, especially if you are a straight black male.

I can't imagine myself approaching 40 and spending time trolling on video game forums   :jeanluc

ResetBanBot

« Reply #9525 on: January 12, 2020, 09:21:22 AM »
Caclosseum
:woody

railGUN

« Reply #9526 on: January 12, 2020, 12:23:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/iran’s-only-female-olympic-medalist-has-defected.164324/

There's something about Iranian women, they are so beautiful.

:trigger :trigger :trigger
Fish<

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9527 on: January 12, 2020, 12:28:58 PM »
ὕβρις

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #9528 on: January 12, 2020, 12:37:21 PM »
Another resetera moderator comes out as a fattie

Delphine, who uses an avatar of a skinny person says

First, obese people, by a landslide, will never wish obesity and fatness on anybody. I wouldn't wish it even on my worst enemy, considering how much I suffered under systemic fatphobia. How much it made me wanna kill myself over and over and over again throughout my life.

Is being fat a requirement of being a forum moderator?
:O

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9529 on: January 12, 2020, 12:38:05 PM »

I can't imagine myself approaching 40 and spending time trolling on video game forums   :jeanluc

He's been busy

I’m a gamer, finding their forum a better than average curator of breaking news. But, I usually go there for liberal cac tears. Trolling them is fun, especially when the topic of discussion is a black celebrity who dared to think for himself. I’ve had multiple accounts permanently banned for defending black celebrities who come under fire from liberal cacs and their black LGBT bootlickers: I’ve said Michael Jackson is innocent, OJ didn’t kill Nicole Simpson, Kevin Hart has a right to not want his son to be gay, and Dave Chapelle’s joke about transsexuals was funny. I love exposing liberal cac hypocrisy and making their approved black friends uncomfortable. :mjgrin:

when the topic of discussion is a black celebrity who dared to think for himself.
I’ve said Michael Jackson is innocent

:larry

nudemacusers

« Reply #9530 on: January 12, 2020, 12:41:37 PM »

First, obese people, by a landslide, will never wish obesity and fatness on anybody. I wouldn't wish it even on my worst enemy, considering how much I suffered under systemic fatphobia. How much it made me wanna kill myself over and over and over again throughout my life.

Resetera taking a page from the bore.

One day my people will be given internet power  :(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #9531 on: January 12, 2020, 12:47:13 PM »
I have a lot of shipping experience and 9 times out of ten the most popular parring tend to be between rivals, enemies, basically any relationship with a lot of tension.

:doge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-john-boyega-just-posted-on-his-instagram.164106/post-28146969

bork has a lot of shipping experience too, and it's all about the tension.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Of not getting his shit delivered :ohyou
[close]

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9532 on: January 12, 2020, 12:59:12 PM »

Hermit

« Reply #9533 on: January 12, 2020, 01:14:26 PM »

hey delphine have you tried not eating an entire cake for breakfast?

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #9534 on: January 12, 2020, 01:23:11 PM »

hey delphine have you tried not eating an entire cake for breakfast?

Oh man, now I remember I wanted to make chocolate chip pancakes and don’t have chocolate chips :fbm

ResetBanBot

« Reply #9535 on: January 12, 2020, 01:46:17 PM »
cacs eternally btfo, how will they ever recover :stop

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9536 on: January 12, 2020, 01:56:14 PM »

:blessup yes

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #9537 on: January 12, 2020, 01:57:05 PM »
can i become a mod here then

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #9538 on: January 12, 2020, 01:57:56 PM »
systemic fat phobia  :lol

I'm trying not to burst out laughing in public at that shit  :neogaf.
(ice)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9539 on: January 12, 2020, 02:01:43 PM »
we may not have the best mods, but we certainly have the biggest!