Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3822707 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #22860 on: June 15, 2019, 08:22:47 AM »
He's just wanting to put up a smokescreen about the subject which has evolved. I don't know his endgame yet because he's played the long game. But I'll figure out

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-and-the-pedo-problem.1487380/page-13#post-254577319

For what reason, exactly? Who would this serve and protect?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-and-the-pedo-problem.1487380/page-14#post-254577376

Slathering yourself in "but I am just asking questions. I am just trying to be level headed" is a nice . The ERA poster doth protest too much, methinks

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-and-the-pedo-problem.1487380/page-14#post-254577379

:gamergate and  :rethread being mirror smileys has never been more apt. The tint of opinions change, the attitude doesn't.
ὕβρις

ResetBanBot

« Reply #22861 on: June 15, 2019, 08:24:34 AM »
White cis women are problematic and have internalized misogyny, only transwomen know what it's like to be a real woman.
Japanese cis women are problematic and have internalized racism, only soyboys know what it's like to be a real Japanese.
Female art directors are problematic and have transphobia, they're called TERFs and they should be assaulted.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #22862 on: June 15, 2019, 08:26:32 AM »
Does ResetEra have a problem with women?

agrajag

« Reply #22863 on: June 15, 2019, 08:27:44 AM »
that's why (cis)women are fleeing in droves

« Reply #22864 on: June 15, 2019, 08:27:51 AM »
Can someone explain how the following is "misogynistic rhetoric?"

Yeah, those examples are pretty poor for showing "repeatedly trolling topics related to bigotry" but pretty apt for "smacked down for wrongthink." This is the best part though:

While it's more than a little upsetting that anyone would try to leverage a topic like this for petty revenge, we feel that any reasonable observer will recognize it as just that. We are not interested in lending it any more oxygen than it has already received.

I wonder how Limited Run Games feels about "trying to leverage a topic like this for petty revenge" when they were told they were more or less complicit in the THQ Nordic child sex traffic ring?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22865 on: June 15, 2019, 08:31:26 AM »
Any legit industry person/games journalist who associates with that site after this is a fucking idiot and should get some decent pr advice.
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #22866 on: June 15, 2019, 08:31:49 AM »
Did they just say in that staff post that they don't know who edited the OP?

:lol

The one that says MOD EDIT?

:rofl

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22867 on: June 15, 2019, 08:36:56 AM »
Can someone explain how the following is "misogynistic rhetoric?"

Yeah, those examples are pretty poor for showing "repeatedly trolling topics related to bigotry" but pretty apt for "smacked down for wrongthink." This is the best part though:

While it's more than a little upsetting that anyone would try to leverage a topic like this for petty revenge, we feel that any reasonable observer will recognize it as just that. We are not interested in lending it any more oxygen than it has already received.

I wonder how Limited Run Games feels about "trying to leverage a topic like this for petty revenge" when they were told they were more or less complicit in the THQ Nordic child sex traffic ring?

I mean, thats the thing - almost all of their 'history of histories' when you go looking are really petty bullshit (which is why they don't like people being able to look at them), and getting butthurt about the petty bullshit accusations they freely allow against others (and ban people for 'downplaying' if anyone steps up and says "come the fuck on...") when those exact same standards are applied to them just makes their denial ring hollow, even though, yes, a reasonable person without a hate boner or who really wants to see an internet lynch mob would conclude its a nothingburger.

« Reply #22868 on: June 15, 2019, 08:39:03 AM »
Here's hoping cooler heads prevail are nowhere to be found.  :D

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22869 on: June 15, 2019, 08:43:18 AM »
I'm genuinely curious if the next thq related topic gets diggeh smacked the fuck down with a "making serious allegations about a group of people based on some unrelated screenshots is not the kind of conspiracy theory reasonable people entertain, and does nothing but derail threads", or if they double down with a "as you all know we are super anti-pedo, maybe the most anti-pedo, so anyone saying anything nice about thq ever again is going to get actioned, and actioned so hard, i tell you what"

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22870 on: June 15, 2019, 08:43:45 AM »
In other non-pedo news, looks like Brian Crecente is out of a job.

https://mobile.twitter.com/crecenteb/status/1127200317861498880

:point
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22871 on: June 15, 2019, 08:47:30 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22872 on: June 15, 2019, 08:49:50 AM »
If ERA really was littered with alt right Polish bots burner accounts, wouldn't they all be trying to post the controversy right now all over ERA ?

:thinking
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22873 on: June 15, 2019, 08:54:35 AM »
Oh he did that shit for sure, he even tried to rationalize it, but his antics were closer to weinstein levels of bad than jared from subway.

Damning with faint praise.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-and-the-pedo-problem.1487380/page-14#post-254577550

Evilore's Justice Project is going pretty well tho.
ὕβρις

Dennis

« Reply #22874 on: June 15, 2019, 09:16:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ars-one-dead-after-fecal-microbiota-transplant-gone-wrong-fda-warns-see-staff-post.123340/

Quote from: Deception, post: 21888096, member: 33307
Poop transplant?! Why is this even a thing? Shitty way to go out.
Quote from: Dennis8K, post: 21888125, member: 7569
That is why you always get premium sourced poop.

Carefully curated.
Quote from: signal, post: 21888235, member: 23561
This sounds like a procedure invented by 7 year old boys during recess.

“What if you had a disease and the only way to help was to put someone else’s poo up you’re butt would you do it lmao”
Quote from: Borgnine, post: 21888715, member: 3766
Sorry, sorry, you're right.

Doodooectomy.
Quote from: CopyOfACopy, post: 21888845, member: 11321
youd be surprised the amount of helpful things that a mother passes to their child during birth, when they poop that kid out
Quote from: itwasTuesday, post: 21888944, member: 28052
Ahem. The preferred medical term is doodoo doctor.

Thanks.
Quote from: TsunamiOfSwagger, post: 21889323, member: 10314
sheeeeeeeee-it
Quote from: Volimar, post: 21893072, member: 4961
It shouldn't have to be said but a thread about someone dying isn't the place to make poop jokes.   Don't use this thread to complain about your warnings.  Stay on topic.

There are about 8-10 users warned for inappropriate jokes in a thread about poop and it necessitated a staff post

:era

Injustica!

nudemacusers

« Reply #22875 on: June 15, 2019, 09:16:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-staff-pedophilia-accusations-a-good-faith-discussion-thread.123471/

Neogaf did such a great job of clamping down on the rumor mill last time so let’s do exactly the same thing only this go around the outcome will surly be different :clap
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22876 on: June 15, 2019, 09:17:21 AM »
Everyones favorite character designer has got himself banned again

https://www.resetera.com/threads/looks-like-valve-keeps-on-wanting-the-visual-novel-money-while-being-hostile-to-them-featuring-queer-characters-see-the-gol-article-in-the-op.123352/post-21890916

Quote from: Syldat
The thing that you are missing is that VN / Dating Sims are played a whole lot by teenagers a lot of whom are queer , and when it comes to depiciting underage girls with "big anime tiddies" for striaght dudes just about anything files on steam and every god dam three days a fuck load of them are landing on steam just fine .

But the minutes it features teenager + queer cast (especially when it's girl on girl / feature a trans woman teenager in the story ) lately those titles have been facing an incresingly baffling cycle of rejections regardless of who the developper was .

So basically pedo shit for striaght dudes ? fine
Straight teenagers Story even with nudity ? fine gets droped on the store no questions asked
Queer teens ? What the fuck heeeelll noooo !

That's the feeling we are getting with Valve's recent behavior.

TL:DR : Valve could we avoid yet another generation of queer teens self loathing like crazy waaay into their early adulthood because any romance between queer teen is denied publication ?
User Banned (Duration Pending): Excusing content that depicts sexualised minors

That's the same clown who once said he'd call the cops on a dev for making an anime dark souls and only got three days for it

https://www.resetera.com/threads/neverinth-anime-dark-souls.89186/post-16306109
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 09:24:36 AM by HaughtyFrank »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22877 on: June 15, 2019, 09:25:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-staff-pedophilia-accusations-a-good-faith-discussion-thread.123471/

Neogaf did such a great job of clamping down on the rumor mill last time so let’s do exactly the same thing only this go around the outcome will surly be different :clap

don't worry, in 20 minutes when Final Babyimafirework finishes his Productivity Assessment rounds, he'll c+p his READ THREADMARKS response into it

e:
lmao, as I typed this

and that veiled threat that they havent banned anyone yet, but that phrasing sure looks like a bad faith attack on staff

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22878 on: June 15, 2019, 09:25:41 AM »
I hope this doesn’t come across as racially insensitive, but it’s not just police departments. Unless it’s a community heavily moderated by progressive-thinking and tolerant people like the staff moderating ResetEra, any community frequented by a great amount of white people is swimming in racism and, more specifically, anti-black hatred. It’s everywhere. They are in silicon valley. They’re in Wall Street. They pollute the comment sections of every online news entity that doesn’t regulate discussion the way mods here do. When are we just going to admit that far too many white people are hateful? I get tired of even liberal and progressive people avoiding the open acknowledgement of this obvious fact. Our world is literally dying because of these people. The vast potential of humanity is now stymied as a result of so many hateful pieces of shit being allowed to fester without mass reprisal.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hundreds-of-police-officers-revealed-as-participants-in-extremist-facebook-groups.123411/page-2#post-21899525
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22879 on: June 15, 2019, 09:27:08 AM »

Aaaaand Ban. Mod Post. Scene.
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #22880 on: June 15, 2019, 09:28:07 AM »
This suggests that this thread was made as a bad faith attack against staff.
The only thing worse than pedophilia; bad faith staff attacks!  :o

Edit : I like that staff is before community in the ban message. Just to cement the order of importance.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22881 on: June 15, 2019, 09:30:33 AM »
Love each other or die trying. :lol
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22882 on: June 15, 2019, 09:31:03 AM »
Final Firewalkwithme continues to demonstrate exactly what kind of HR rep he is.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22883 on: June 15, 2019, 09:35:53 AM »
If you're going to have an official response you can't put it in threads you immediately will sink out of view because you lock them. NeoGAF made the exact same mistake when it imploded.

Either you own up to it by having the response front and center or you try to scrub it entirely (it worked for GAF long enough). Half measures don't really work.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22884 on: June 15, 2019, 09:38:32 AM »
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22885 on: June 15, 2019, 09:42:38 AM »
Even if the pedo stuff is pretty tame, the fact that it has now been confirmed beyond any doubt that there are super secret discord servers where the admins, mods and prominent members discuss the fates of the plebs should be getting some attention too. The existence of these discords has been widely denied, even by someone on here if I remember correctly.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22886 on: June 15, 2019, 09:48:08 AM »
Dear moderators: I am aware of your staff communication and I understand that you do not want to feed rumors. I get it.

But please, locking threads about it is not the right approach. We have had countless examples of why this is a bad response that tends to backfire spectacularly.

I have seen and gone through all the content myself, and I agree that some of it is disingenuously framed.

However, some of it is at the very least ambiguous enough to warrant discussion/investigation.

Please let the community talk about this. If there was any wrong doing, look at it as an opportunity for staff and the community to grow and improve.

This story is out there, and given some of Era’s tendency to have strong reactions to moral issues, it is imperative that staff be as transparent about everything as possible.

Let this thread be a general-purpose discussion thread, regardless of the merits of the accusations.

Please don’t lock the thread. Seriously. Please don’t do it.

I mean... yeah, this post is 100% how they should be handling it.
Toxic containment dump thread, official response right there in the OP, let people feel staff have nothing to hide, get it out the system, maybe let some metacommentary venting about how staff conduct themselves with playing favorites occur, and if you;re a staff member who has no fucking intention of letting your favorite posters get held accountable, maybe throw in some empty platitudes like "we're always listening to feedback" to pretend you give a shit about more than your pet causes and power trip.

maybe not a
User banned (permanent): Engaging in malicious trolling against staff and the community
stfu, brush it all under the rug and hope it goes away

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22887 on: June 15, 2019, 09:51:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/well-known-murderer-oj-simpson-just-made-a-twitter-account.123477/

Apparently Twitter doesn't even draw the line on real-life killers

:comeon
ὕβρις

PogiJones

« Reply #22888 on: June 15, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »
Well yeah, they didn't ban the #gamergate hashtag

daemon

« Reply #22889 on: June 15, 2019, 10:07:22 AM »
At least some of the new screenshots appear to have been conveniently cropped / dishonestly framed to make the intent of certain statements look completely different. For example one user was made to look like he was saying he loves Europe's lower age of consent, when he was actually replying to a conversation about the French dub of Metal Gear Solid.

(Image removed from quote.)

#deplatformingworks

"I don't use the Discords at all, I have never heard of this person, we're too busy to look at this, I haven't seen it"

"I know in detail the content and intend of the message we haven't read"

:trumps

Also, discord messages can be altered and it won't show it being edited. They can go back on their messages and add a whole new context so... yeah

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22890 on: June 15, 2019, 10:08:36 AM »
I fucking knew it. It's unreal how deep these people weld themselves into the moderation teams of other websites, or how they even manage it all the damn time. No matter where you go, you can always guarantee a gaming website has someone affiliated with these people.

:drudge

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-and-the-pedo-problem.1487380/page-16#post-254578222
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22891 on: June 15, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »
RE having secret discords is not a secret

A bunch of hyper performative wokesters actually being creeps is never, ever a secret or a surprise

So you're saying you had foreknowledge ?  :thinking
Are you affiliated with these people ?
ὕβρις

« Reply #22892 on: June 15, 2019, 10:19:31 AM »

hang on, post incoming, just a minute

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #22893 on: June 15, 2019, 10:21:50 AM »
noncery is like the thermal exhaust port of the woke death star.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #22894 on: June 15, 2019, 10:49:35 AM »
At least some of the new screenshots appear to have been conveniently cropped / dishonestly framed to make the intent of certain statements look completely different. For example one user was made to look like he was saying he loves Europe's lower age of consent, when he was actually replying to a conversation about the French dub of Metal Gear Solid.

(Image removed from quote.)

#deplatformingworks

"I don't use the Discords at all, I have never heard of this person, we're too busy to look at this, I haven't seen it"

"I know in detail the content and intend of the message we haven't read"

:trumps

Also, discord messages can be altered and it won't show it being edited. They can go back on their messages and add a whole new context so... yeah

Only for the first few minutes. After that it'll show "edited" like Reddit.

AFAIK, that's been changed though to where it'll show edited even during the "ninja edit" phase.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #22895 on: June 15, 2019, 10:51:31 AM »
Surely Shcreeierrier and/or Klepek are going to investigate how bad exactly the pedo infestation at Resatateeta is, and post an article about their findings, right?

Right?

« Reply #22896 on: June 15, 2019, 10:56:16 AM »
"While we have not actioned any of the users who have asked questions about this matter publicly or privately, the wording of your title is highly inflammatory and misleading."

The title?

"Resetera staff pedophilia accusations: a good faith discussion thread"

they sweating

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #22897 on: June 15, 2019, 11:03:23 AM »
Gonna DM Jason Schreier about the Resetera pedo thing. He was quick to respond to my DM back when the Evilore shit was going down.

« Reply #22898 on: June 15, 2019, 11:05:24 AM »
Gonna DM Jason Schreier about the Resetera pedo thing. He was quick to respond to my DM back when the Evilore shit was going down.

Use that 8 bit Nate magic and recruit him to post here.

Propagandhim

« Reply #22899 on: June 15, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »
I fucking knew it. It's unreal how deep these people weld themselves into the moderation teams of other websites, or how they even manage it all the damn time. No matter where you go, you can always guarantee a gaming website has someone affiliated with these people.

:drudge

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-and-the-pedo-problem.1487380/page-16#post-254578222

I hope this doesn’t come across as racially insensitive, but it’s not just police departments. Unless it’s a community heavily moderated by progressive-thinking and tolerant people like the staff moderating ResetEra, any community frequented by a great amount of white people is swimming in racism and, more specifically, anti-black hatred. It’s everywhere. They are in silicon valley. They’re in Wall Street. They pollute the comment sections of every online news entity that doesn’t regulate discussion the way mods here do. When are we just going to admit that far too many white people are hateful? I get tired of even liberal and progressive people avoiding the open acknowledgement of this obvious fact. Our world is literally dying because of these people. The vast potential of humanity is now stymied as a result of so many hateful pieces of shit being allowed to fester without mass reprisal.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hundreds-of-police-officers-revealed-as-participants-in-extremist-facebook-groups.123411/page-2#post-21899525

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #22900 on: June 15, 2019, 11:22:11 AM »
This makes me hard.
Oi Oi

« Reply #22901 on: June 15, 2019, 11:43:42 AM »

Only because he knew it was the end, people brought that shit to him YEARS before that and he ignored it

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22902 on: June 15, 2019, 11:46:07 AM »
ὕβρις

marrec

« Reply #22903 on: June 15, 2019, 11:47:03 AM »
ERA admins are really handling this poorly, horseshoe theory is real yall

EightBitNate

« Reply #22904 on: June 15, 2019, 11:49:17 AM »
I’m in a discord where a prominent member tried to dismiss the accusation mockingly by saying

"YOU'RE IN A DISCORD WHERE SOMETHING BAD WAS SAID THAT MEANS YOU SUPPORT THAT BAD THING!@!@@#!@#!!"

Bruh

Where were you at when they tried to boycott THQ for doing the same exact thing?

marrec

« Reply #22905 on: June 15, 2019, 11:51:49 AM »
Of course the morons over on GAF are fucking up just as bad by hyperbolizing the accusations and making themselves seem completely unhinged with bullshit talk of “secret” discords and “pedophile rings”

They can’t just let the truth of Ceriums hypocrisy erode trust, they have to try and make shit up lmao

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22906 on: June 15, 2019, 11:53:13 AM »

I don't know how things will develop but I don't think it gained enough traction yet. There was 3 threads about it so far and that's it though I imagine the Discords are flaming hot.  It may just blow over for now.

It took a long sedimentation of bullshit before GAF broke. There's a good chance ERA will boil over faster because of the baggage but maybe not yet.

Disregard if civil war breaks loose in the next 36 hours.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:02:16 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22907 on: June 15, 2019, 11:54:53 AM »

thats what an extremist would say

EightBitNate

« Reply #22908 on: June 15, 2019, 11:55:09 AM »
All those people viewing this thread :doge

marrec

« Reply #22909 on: June 15, 2019, 11:55:51 AM »

I don't know how things will develop but I don't think it gained enough traction yet. There was 3 threads about it so far and that's it though I imagine the Discords are flaming hot.  It may just blow over for now.

It took a long sedimentation of bullshit before GAF broke. There's a good ERA will boil over faster because if the baggage but maybe not yet.

Disregard if civil war breaks loose in the next 36 hours.

The problem is the rebel rousers on GAF are overplaying their hand and making ERAs claims of coordinated trolling more legitimate by making shit up. Just let the banal evidence speak for itself and slowly erode trust and faith in the admins.

Instead they want some big scandal but this ain’t it chief.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #22910 on: June 15, 2019, 11:58:14 AM »

hello guest fekkits

Of course the morons over on GAF are fucking up just as bad by hyperbolizing the accusations and making themselves seem completely unhinged with bullshit talk of “secret” discords and “pedophile rings”

They can’t just let the truth of Ceriums hypocrisy erode trust, they have to try and make shit up lmao

surprise, marrect doesn't like them digigng into the pedophile rings of resetera.  :expert

marrec

« Reply #22911 on: June 15, 2019, 12:00:56 PM »
I just don’t want them to find the secret squid porn ring James maintains

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22912 on: June 15, 2019, 12:01:17 PM »
ERA, GAF, Gamergate, SJW, GOP & Donkeys, every press outlets, pizza parlor and every social media and video platform have all accused each others of being SECRET PEDO RINGS in the last 3 years at that point. That's not to defend anyone in particular or dismiss concerns about people sexually abusing minors but we're saturated with "WOLF!" shouts by the boy because we're so drenched in hyperbole all the time.
:fbm
ὕβρις

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #22913 on: June 15, 2019, 12:02:31 PM »

or whatever the fuck atra got going. no one wants to find out what that is though.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22914 on: June 15, 2019, 12:03:56 PM »
ERA, GAF, Gamergate, SJW, GOP & Donkeys, every press outlets, pizza parlor and every social media and video platform have all accused each others of being SECRET PEDO RINGS in the last 3 years at that point. That's not to defend anyone in particular or dismiss concerns about people sexually abusing minors but we're saturated with "WOLF!" shouts by the boy because we're so drenched in hyperbole all the time.
It's the only accusation left that holds any cache from both sides of the spectrum.  :goty2

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22915 on: June 15, 2019, 12:07:30 PM »
What would get this really burning is if Ms.Galaxy made a thread. They're crazy enough to consider this a huge deal and dismissing their concern would be a terrible look after RE made them into their THQ mascot

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #22916 on: June 15, 2019, 12:10:04 PM »

Sounds like something a pedo would say.
serge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22917 on: June 15, 2019, 12:12:36 PM »
One of the guys from those Discord caps posted on GAF to defend himself and claims he is cutting ties to ERA.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-and-the-pedo-problem.1487380/page-19#post-254579353

As did LuigiBlood

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-and-the-pedo-problem.1487380/page-17#post-254578633

It's starting to get distinctly absurd that it's easier to defend yourself away than home.
ὕβρις

PogiJones

« Reply #22918 on: June 15, 2019, 12:19:38 PM »

Secret?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22919 on: June 15, 2019, 12:23:56 PM »

hello guest fekkits

Don't worry about it, we keep all of our juiciest scoops and best jokes for the Bire Official Discord©
ὕβρις