Author Topic: FitnessBore - 2018 edition  (Read 809733 times)

Re: FitnessBore - 2016 edition
« Reply #6900 on: July 28, 2016, 04:31:35 PM »
You can train for strength and endurance concurrently, but if you are doing resistance training to improve your running, then you would want to stick to high reps, low weight.

If you are interested in the basics, i.e. how to train for endurance vs strength vs hypertrophy, this book is a pretty good resource:

https://www.amazon.com/NSCAS-Essentials-Personal-Training-2nd/dp/0736084150/ref=mt_hardcover

« Reply #6901 on: July 28, 2016, 04:40:59 PM »
I read somewhere that some pro runner coaches thought low reps high weight was better.

It can definitely be confusing because we hear so much conflicting stuff, but your above quote is really unhelpful. "I heard somewhere. . ." Fitnessbore has a long history of providing sourced, researched and proven fitness information.

« Reply #6902 on: July 28, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »
Man, if you thought that was harsh you should have been here during the Cormac days.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6903 on: July 28, 2016, 05:22:41 PM »
I'd focus on weight lifting right now.  When you first start weight lifting you'll make incredibly fast gains and progress.  Don't disrupt this with cardio (they don't work well together).  Focus on weight lifting and diet for now.  Your body fat should decrease with this alone unless you on a see-food diet.  Once you get some additional mass then you can tweak your diet to add in some cardio.  You'll look much better when you lose that weight because you'll have the extra muscle mass. 

BrandNew apparently wants a body like some famous tennis player which is a pretty modest goal in terms of mass. It's possible the cardio doesn't need to be dropped. All depends on the goals of course.

Here's what I don't get though. Strength training is done by aerobic exercise people like runners who do squats. And I've heard that squats are best even with heavy weights for runners. But obviously there's a limit to that, otherwise it'll mess with the endurance. But what I don't get it is, at what point is it bad? Cause I do squats now with 22 lbs weight and I'm using my legs for cycling. At this point, the squats are probably beneficial. But when does it start to become detrimental? How are you supposed to figure that out?
I'm not sure who the famous tennis player is but the dude in the picture BrandNew posted does not have a modest amount of muscle.  He's not huge, but that mass definitely isn't something easily attainable.

Regarding dropping running, I only suggested he cut back and my suggestion had more to do with the philosophy of keeping it simple when you're beginning.  Too much of both along with not having a well planned diet can cause some unnecessary wheel spinning in my experience especially as a newb.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6904 on: July 28, 2016, 08:03:52 PM »
Looking at supplements for my workout and I picked up NanoX9 and T+ off of recommendations from friends. Should I take both of these together or is that too much and/or redundant? I took both before today's workout and I felt pretty great. Was able to do 20min on the bike and my kettlebell workout without feeling super dead by the end but I don't want to overdo supplements since I'm just starting out.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6905 on: July 28, 2016, 08:08:46 PM »
both link to the same product and I'm going to say you're wasting your money on both unfortunately.  test boosters are junk, bro.  They're usually made up of the same few ingredients like horny goat weed or tribula or some other crap.  NO boosters have some scientific evidence backing them up, but I guarantee the amount in the product you're purchasing is negligible and so is the effect it's having on you.  Do some googling on research for both.

If you still decide you want them then head to GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and you can pick up the main ingredients for much, much cheaper without the filler junk and brand tax.

Edit: What are you trying to accomplish by these?  More energy in the gym?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6906 on: July 28, 2016, 08:11:50 PM »
Just Google Andy Murray

Thanks for the input y'all.  I can cut the cardio out and focus more on weight lifting for now. 
püp

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6907 on: July 28, 2016, 08:12:22 PM »
I fixed the links since the amazon ones weren't working right but I'm at least getting them cheaper off amazon at least. :doge Will do some research. I did feel better during the workout but maybe that was placebo.

Is any pre-workout really worth it or should I just drink coffee or something beforehand? I've had trouble making it through workouts,which is why I wanted them, but that might be because I'm a fat slob that isn't used to heavy activity. :lol

Exactly this. My workouts aren't super long...like 30-40 mins but I just get wiped and struggle near the end.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6908 on: July 28, 2016, 08:20:22 PM »
Hey FitnessBore.

Anyone know of some simple yet effective kettlebell routines?

I recently got myself a 35 pound kettlebell that I lift a handful of times (separately with each arm) before I go to bed.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6909 on: July 28, 2016, 08:27:03 PM »
Cringey site name but I've been following this workout and adding a rep to each exercise every week, I'm using two 18lb kettlebells. The twists at the end are killer though.
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/05/07/become-strong-like-bull-the-kettlebell-workout/

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #6910 on: July 28, 2016, 08:35:23 PM »

Thanks for the input y'all.  I can cut the cardio out and focus more on weight lifting for now.

Targeted weight lifting though, right?  ;)
MMA

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6911 on: July 28, 2016, 08:50:42 PM »
What's to target when your goal look is cool young dude. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6912 on: July 28, 2016, 08:56:03 PM »
And before you say anything I just Googled Andy Murray, and Google asked if I meant cool young dude. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6913 on: July 28, 2016, 08:58:17 PM »
I fixed the links since the amazon ones weren't working right but I'm at least getting them cheaper off amazon at least. :doge Will do some research. I did feel better during the workout but maybe that was placebo.

Is any pre-workout really worth it or should I just drink coffee or something beforehand? I've had trouble making it through workouts,which is why I wanted them, but that might be because I'm a fat slob that isn't used to heavy activity. :lol

Exactly this. My workouts aren't super long...like 30-40 mins but I just get wiped and struggle near the end.
I think that's normal man. Most people take a PWO to get going. You should be pretty wiped by the end. Caffeine works just fine. Other stimulants are expensive and many have very undesirable aide effects like getting terrible withdrawal headaches after prolonged use and even limp dick syndrome. I would steer clear of them. I drink a cup of coffee before i work out.

« Reply #6914 on: July 28, 2016, 08:59:35 PM »
Nachbro, you only need one pre-workout because the main ingredient in all of them is caffeine. You could just use coffee, but sometimes that tingliness in pre workouts can be a real motivator—like "I am so uncomfortable right now I can't sit here any longer and I have to go to the gym".

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6915 on: July 28, 2016, 09:01:08 PM »
I'll make you tingle.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6916 on: July 28, 2016, 09:07:53 PM »
Nachbro, you only need one pre-workout because the main ingredient in all of them is caffeine. You could just use coffee, but sometimes that tingliness in pre workouts can be a real motivator—like "I am so uncomfortable right now I can't sit here any longer and I have to go to the gym".
I have been feeling that tingle when I take T+ for sure. Its really awesome, just a feeling that I need to work out right now

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6917 on: July 28, 2016, 09:52:01 PM »

Targeted weight lifting though, right?  ;)

forgive the ignorance :(
püp

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #6918 on: July 29, 2016, 12:04:29 AM »
Im at the point in my diet where I should stop losing weight, woke up this morning and I was sub 81 kg.

Now it's time to gain some muscle but I reeeaaaly dont fee like it and the only time Id have is in the morning between getting up at 0530 and leaving at 0730.

I already cycle 13km 5 days a week usually so cardio is sorted, sort of.

Fifstar

« Reply #6919 on: July 29, 2016, 06:05:40 AM »
The doc that Lager mentioned seems to be here if anybody is interested: https://vimeo.com/51836895
Gulp

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6920 on: July 29, 2016, 09:49:02 AM »
Down 20 lbs  :D ~35 to go

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6921 on: August 01, 2016, 12:53:17 PM »
Sugar and coke are my drugs too.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6922 on: August 02, 2016, 09:35:07 PM »
I joined a bad-ass running group at my gym, they have events every day. Today was a 4 mile run through some nice neighborhoods and tomorrow is a 'core training' event at a track. Then trail running on Thursday. Lots of age appropriate males and females in the group.

Running is so much easier in a group of people. I wish I discovered this 10 years ago.

It's like a cult, so I'm waiting for the mass orgy events. :drool

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6923 on: August 02, 2016, 09:40:30 PM »
Orgies that actually have fit people :bow2

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #6924 on: August 03, 2016, 07:05:02 AM »
My legs are completely collapsing even when I deloaded and stretching properly before each workout and even when I dropped some Cardio to recover. They are just tired and refusing to move and while I normally do Saturday, Monday, Weds for my split days. I've had to take today off because they are refusing to wake up. I've been doing a Reg Park beginner split since May which is just stronglifts (Squats every workout day, Overhead Press, Bench, Rows and Deadlifts split) plus dips, chin ups, alternating curls and calves (Split between days) and I'm hitting my Macros just fine on feeding myself (200g protien per day for my body weight, 5 fruit/veg a day and clean as fuck. No shitty food). I'm near the 3 month mark anyway so I need to do a change up but I don't know how to get them out of this slump.

:goty

Any good strength and cardio based splits I should look into?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6925 on: August 03, 2016, 08:05:43 AM »
My legs are completely collapsing even when I deloaded and stretching properly before each workout and even when I dropped some Cardio to recover. They are just tired and refusing to move and while I normally do Saturday, Monday, Weds for my split days. I've had to take today off because they are refusing to wake up. I've been doing a Reg Park beginner split since May which is just stronglifts (Squats every workout day, Overhead Press, Bench, Rows and Deadlifts split) plus dips, chin ups, alternating curls and calves (Split between days) and I'm hitting my Macros just fine on feeding myself (200g protien per day for my body weight, 5 fruit/veg a day and clean as fuck. No shitty food). I'm near the 3 month mark anyway so I need to do a change up but I don't know how to get them out of this slump.

You mentioned deloading so have you been making progress?  If not, it may just be time to switch to an intermediate/advanced program.

When is the last time you took at least a whole week off?  You may just need a rest week.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #6926 on: August 03, 2016, 09:44:02 AM »

You mentioned deloading so have you been making progress?  If not, it may just be time to switch to an intermediate/advanced program.

When is the last time you took at least a whole week off?  You may just need a rest week.

I made some progress in my deadlift up to 90KG/200lb and I feel I can go much further. But everything else seems to have plateaued out. 

No whole weeks off and only missed one day due to sickness so yeah. Looks like a rest week and a routine switch is needed.

Tasty

« Reply #6927 on: August 03, 2016, 10:36:54 AM »
Bruised a rib 10 days ago at a party and have been unable to do any swimming or ab rolling since then. :goty2 Just when I hit my peak too.

Even coughing and sneezing are super painful. :goty

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6928 on: August 03, 2016, 11:21:42 AM »

I made some progress in my deadlift up to 90KG/200lb and I feel I can go much further. But everything else seems to have plateaued out. 

No whole weeks off and only missed one day due to sickness so yeah. Looks like a rest week and a routine switch is needed.
I'd do the rest week and see if you can pull more linear progression out of your current program.  If not, then I'd move on.  I'd stick to linear progression for as long as I could because progress goes much, much slower once you hit most intermediate programs. 

My recommendation for a good intermediate program is 5/3/1.  It's slow, but it works really well.

Tasty

« Reply #6929 on: August 03, 2016, 11:36:09 AM »
Bruised a rib 10 days ago at a party

I guess being a bottom has its drawbacks

🤔

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6930 on: August 03, 2016, 12:12:10 PM »
You're gif is broke, like your butthole after all that bottoming Dufus has been dreaming about. 

Tasty

« Reply #6931 on: August 03, 2016, 12:31:17 PM »
You're gif is broke, like your butthole after all that bottoming Dufus has been dreaming about.

Get on an OS that doesn't suck and it'll display for ya, bitch.

Tasty

« Reply #6932 on: August 03, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
I'm on Windows 10 and I don't see it either :doge

Q.E.D. 🤓

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6933 on: August 03, 2016, 05:32:18 PM »
It's taken 2 months to get my arms back after not working out for 6 months. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6934 on: August 03, 2016, 08:23:43 PM »
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/play_full.php?play=589

kinda eye opening.  Never considered meth to lose weight till now. 

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #6935 on: August 05, 2016, 06:48:44 PM »
I'm thinking about buying the starting strength book

Is it any good to learn the basics of lifting a barbell or would I be better off with an instructor?

Beats me.

You probably couldn't go wrong either way.   

I'm in the "self-taught" club from watching videos 'n shit.   Certainly there's enough free SS/Rippetoe content on his website + youtube videos that I feel you can get a good feel for proper form, though.
MMA

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6936 on: August 05, 2016, 08:02:56 PM »
If you're trying to learn the techniques of barbell lifting I don't think the book will be much help and you'll probably still find yourself just watching videos on the internet. I learned from articles and videos and there was a long period of wondering if I was doing it right.

I'm wary of instructors too unless they're recommended by someone you trust. So many of them at commercial gyms just have no idea what they are talking about, especially when it comes to barbell lifting.

My suggestion is to learn techniques from videos, take videos of yourself with low weight and let people on the web critique your technique. That was how I finally got confident in my form - having dozens of other experienced posters tell me it was correct or what I needed to fix.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6937 on: August 05, 2016, 08:08:35 PM »
When it came to kettlebell stuff I just watched a ton of Youtube videos and copied their form as much as I could. Seems to have worked okay so far.

El Babua

« Reply #6938 on: August 05, 2016, 11:38:46 PM »
Yeah, vids help a lot. These days, most how to (x lift) vids basically repeat the same, mostly correct information on how to perform them.

My favorite channel is CanditoTrainingHQ, though he does disagree with Rippetoe's methods and the reasoning behind them.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:52:25 PM by El Babua »

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #6939 on: August 12, 2016, 01:29:55 PM »

I'd do the rest week and see if you can pull more linear progression out of your current program.  If not, then I'd move on.  I'd stick to linear progression for as long as I could because progress goes much, much slower once you hit most intermediate programs. 

My recommendation for a good intermediate program is 5/3/1.  It's slow, but it works really well.

Just finished my first week of 5/3/1 and I feel great. I was thinking of doing Boring But Big but my gym is tiny and there's only one squat rack to go round. Staff also give a damn and ask you to move if you are taking far too long on a station as well. So used Wendler's Bodybuildng variant which adds a bunch of accessory work more focused on cardio and hypertrophy. It's helping going back a bit and adding some more movements. The only thing to do now is try figure when's the best time for cardio as I'm just completely beat after each workout.   

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6940 on: August 12, 2016, 03:45:02 PM »
Glad to hear it.  The bodybuilding variant is definitely rough.  You can get some cardio in by shortening rest time in between your accessory sets.

I do the BBB variant and I love it.  My workout is done in about 30 minutes.  2 minute rest between my compound sets and 1 minute rest between my 5 accessory sets. 

The first time I did 5/3/1 I went something like a year before needing a reset.  I made awesome progress on it.  I should have never changed it up :'(

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #6941 on: August 23, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
Glad to hear it.  The bodybuilding variant is definitely rough.  You can get some cardio in by shortening rest time in between your accessory sets.

I do the BBB variant and I love it.  My workout is done in about 30 minutes.  2 minute rest between my compound sets and 1 minute rest between my 5 accessory sets. 

The first time I did 5/3/1 I went something like a year before needing a reset.  I made awesome progress on it.  I should have never changed it up :'(

Tired as all hell and didn't sleep last night

Thank god for the "Fuck it, I'm doing Jack Shit" Wendler approved method of doing your main lift and fucking off back home :rejoice

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6942 on: August 23, 2016, 11:17:35 AM »
OK fellow borians. need to tone up a bit. but I'm finding it very difficult. typically with work I get up at 6am and practically start right away. I tend to work pretty straight until 7ish. So i don't have much time for exercising. On days when I don't have early morning meetings I'll go out for a brisk 3 mile walk. I'm not a morning person, so getting up even earlier to exercise isn't going to work for me and a lot of times at night I'm just too beat from the 12+ hour workday that I often don't feel up for it. Add to this the fact that I really don't know where I'll be most days (sometimes at a hotel, sometimes at home, if at a hotel it's almost always a different one so I don't know the equipment they'll have and a gym doesn't make much sense since who knows where I'll be). So what can I do with this crazy schedule? I hate running. And I need recommendations that I can do everywhere. Once tried doing the walk thing in Philly. Bad idea.
que

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6943 on: August 23, 2016, 11:26:37 AM »
"tone up" is a phrase that doesn't really mean much but most people mean it as lose some weight or decrease body fat.  If that's the case, I'd start with diet.  Not sure where you're at there but that is the best answer 95% of the time.

For exercises if you're looking at versatile equipment that can be stored easily I'd look into some kettlebells or dumbbells.  Perhaps a pull up bar.  When I first got started I would watch tv and pump out sets while watching tv.  So much easier when I can just sit down on the couch in between sets.

When you're traveling the answer is probably going to be just to evaluate the equipment and do what you can.  Traveling was always difficult for routine and diet because you're in control of less.

Fifstar

« Reply #6944 on: August 23, 2016, 12:41:27 PM »
Well as limited as your options are I would go with diet plus + simple body mass exercises that you can do everywhere.

With body mass exercises you're not going to get ripped but you can do them each day for 15 minutes in the morning, which should be doable even in hotel and before your work.
Gulp

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6945 on: August 23, 2016, 01:43:33 PM »
Not so much losing weight. I just about 5ish pounds i want to get rid of, but what i do have I'd like to have be a bit more muscular not 'swole' per se. just tighter all around. can you give me some examples of body mass exercises I can do while travelling?
que

« Reply #6946 on: August 23, 2016, 01:59:29 PM »
The words you are using make sense to you but not to us.

You don't want to lose weight, but you want to get rid of 5 lbs, while gaining "body mass" by becoming more "muscular", which will cause you to gain weight.

Becoming "tighter" means, what exactly? If you want to exercise, just do it. Try the ones you know like push-ups. Google "travel workouts" since you travel.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6947 on: August 23, 2016, 02:11:47 PM »
Pick something you like doing (pushups, pullups, bench press, curl) and do the shit out of it. If you really commit to it, in 4-6 weeks you will see results and that will inspire you to do more and branch out. That's how you get 'the bug' for exercise. Once you see meaningful improvement it becomes an addiction and then the rest is easy.

Set goals that seem hard to achieve (now) and then blow through them.

Don't get too focused on 'the mirror' and how you look. Focus on doing the work. Keep a journal so you can keep yourself accountable for how much you are actually doing and also to chart your progress.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6948 on: August 23, 2016, 02:19:15 PM »
Do bodyweight squats.  You'll get a nice butt

« Reply #6949 on: August 23, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »
Well fat is flabby and muscle isn't flabby so losing some body fat while some muscle mass all around is close enough to what people mean when they say they want something 'tighter'

Oh, so losing fat while gaining muscle, i.e. body recomposition, the most difficult thing to do in fitness. Sure, no problem. Let's all get tighter.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6950 on: August 23, 2016, 02:25:56 PM »
Do bodyweight squats.  You'll get a nice butt
Oh I think its already nice enough for you cholo  :-*
que

El Babua

« Reply #6951 on: August 23, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »
Squatted 225x5 yesterday. Realized a couple weeks ago my Squats were too high after coming back and training with a program again, but the adjustment has been good to where I'm squatting at/right under parallel. Hopefully.  :doge

studyguy

« Reply #6952 on: August 29, 2016, 06:07:54 PM »
I incorporated hip abductors into my leg day last Friday and I was like this machine ain't shit.
I could max it out if I wanted to.

Woke up two days later with my inner thighs feeling like they were vice grips, tight as hell and the most painful doms ever.
The fuck is this shit.  :-\

Must be my punishment for looking like a bitch for a few reps.

pause

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6953 on: August 29, 2016, 06:10:04 PM »
Is it normal to get your picture taken at the gynecologist?

studyguy

« Reply #6954 on: August 29, 2016, 06:17:17 PM »
Is it normal to get your picture taken at the gynecologist?

Beats Sears family photos.

Now that I post that... who thought this would be an okay idea?
 :cac
pause

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6955 on: August 29, 2016, 06:20:10 PM »
Abandon thread!

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6956 on: August 29, 2016, 06:48:45 PM »
Does anyone else count calories

After reading that nutrition book I'm thinking it's necessary to some degree, to get an idea how much shit you're eating... in calories

So let's say my daily intake should be 2500 calories over five meals

Then every meal would be 500 calories, or a little over 400 calories if spread across six meals

I feel stupid for not doing this sooner. I thought just one damn apple would be enough until the next meal in three hours but one damn isn't even 100 calories :doge

All this time I thought I was doing well when my nutrition game is weak as hell :(
I don't count calories but I'm very much aware of what I eat.  I think counting calories is a good thing.  Not to lose weight, but to understand the macronutrients and impact of what you eat.  It's hard to understand why your body is made up the way it is if you don't understand what makes up what you eat. 

And don't feel bad, most people think they are diet experts and don't know anything.  the difference is that you actually looked into learning.

studyguy

« Reply #6957 on: August 29, 2016, 07:01:48 PM »
I don't count calories, but I at least eyeball what I know to be enough to hit my calorie count and that's been enough so far my life.
pause

Syph

« Reply #6958 on: August 29, 2016, 07:26:45 PM »
I count calories.
Actually, if I could stress one thing whether it's weight gain or weight loss, it's to count calories.

Every single time I have stuck to counting calories I have met whatever goal I have set.
For the past summers I have tried to gain 10 or 5 pounds and each time I have met my goal because I counted calories.

You become consistent and can even guilt trip yourself because you have to log everything you eat.
Not to mention there is no way around it; if you hit the caloric intake you need for your goal, you will gain/lose weight. There's no grey area.
Counting calories works.

Disclaimer: obviously in tandem with working out lol

@Dufus: I could be interpreting your post incorrectly, but for the record, you don't need to worry about how you divide your meals up. It's more that it's difficult to consume a ton of calories at once, hence why most people spread them out over 4-5 meals rather than the traditional 3. For example when I bulk I generally have 3 "meals" and 3 "snacks" in between or after "meals".
Big intakes are possible though; in the summer I'll often have a 2000 calorie lunch because I have an entire shake with lunch...the side effect is I have to sit down for literally 20 minutes because I'm so bloated.
Also if you are bulking over a shorter period of time be prepared to use the washroom like 3-4 times a day lol

Also if you want a secret Dufus go buy a large bag of unsalted peanuts. 1/3 cup = 320 calories. So just have those by your desk and aim for 1/3 cup every day (which isn't a lot once you measure it). Protein and easy calories.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:32:12 PM by Syph »
XO

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #6959 on: August 29, 2016, 08:56:14 PM »
Does anyone else count calories

After reading that nutrition book I'm thinking it's necessary to some degree, to get an idea how much shit you're eating... in calories

So let's say my daily intake should be 2500 calories over five meals

Then every meal would be 500 calories, or a little over 400 calories if spread across six meals

I feel stupid for not doing this sooner. I thought just one damn apple would be enough until the next meal in three hours but one damn isn't even 100 calories :doge

All this time I thought I was doing well when my nutrition game is weak as hell :(

I have never counted calories (or even macros, really).

But, as I believe I have mentioned, I do meticulously log my weight via my iPhone's Health app.  3 times a day, first thing in the morning, after work, and before bed.

So, I guess I don't track inputs, but I do output. :lol

But I think that doing that, and being aware of how whatever my diet is on any given day affects that weight, gives me a roughly similar benefit on the diet front.
MMA