Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1082964 times)

Propagandhim

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Money-printer goes BRRRR
« Reply #3300 on: March 21, 2020, 01:52:32 PM »
I'm still heeeeere

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3301 on: March 21, 2020, 01:58:28 PM »
Scenes of Montparnasse Paris rail station crowded with hundreds of people apparently trying to go to the country for the lockdown. (The national railways have started downscaling city to city traffic a few days ago.)
 :picard

I'm lukewarm about the whole patronizing about the unruly citizenry but Jesus that's dumb. If I was selfish, I'd say the less crowded Paris is, the better for me, but potentially spreading that shit onto less affected regions as of now probably isn't the best idea.
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3302 on: March 21, 2020, 02:01:56 PM »
I got this email last night :lol

Good Afternoon,

I hope all is well with you during these trying times. May renewals are coming up! Your lease expires May 12th, 2020. We would like to extend the offer to renew at your current rate, $1,415. You may choose a 12-15 month lease term! If you fail to give notice or renew by May 12th, you will go Month-to-Month, which means an additional $200 fee on top of the $1,415 (Total=$1,615). Please let me know what you would like to do as soon as possible. 

As if you're getting any rent for the next six months :rofl Go live off your own coronabucks!  :sheik

Dumb biaaaaaatch
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3303 on: March 21, 2020, 02:16:41 PM »
Re: IT Jerb

They have us working another weekend, but it's not as bad this time- boss was able to convince the higher-ups to let half of us work Saturday and the other half Sunday, so we actually get a day off after two weeks.  It's been so slow today that he even said I could sign off right now, but I can't because I have to wait for another co-worker, who has been on the phone with someone doing who knows what for over an hour- the guy went and bought some USB display adapter that doesn't work- HANG UP AND GIVE ME MY FUCKING WEEKEND ALREADY :punch
:rage

spoiler (click to show/hide)
OTOH I'm just getting more overtime pay for sitting here browsing sites and playing video games
 :hitler
[close]
ど助平

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #3304 on: March 21, 2020, 02:29:15 PM »

They have us working another weekend, but it's not as bad this time- boss was able to convince the higher-ups to let half of us work Saturday and the other half Sunday, so we actually get a day off after two weeks.  It's been so slow today that he even said I could sign off right now, but I can't because I have to wait for another co-worker, who has been on the phone with someone doing who knows what for over an hour- the guy went and bought some USB display adapter that doesn't work- HANG UP AND GIVE ME MY FUCKING WEEKEND ALREADY :punch

OTOH I'm just getting more overtime pay for sitting here browsing sites and playing video games
[close]

That does not sound great, but least you're only doing one day and not both,

I have been working today remotely but it's mainly been looking at emails and then asking them people to read prior emails, it's been wild getting 500+ staff working remotely from our companies quite frankly shocking stance on flexible working previously, the hardest part was just insuring VPN could handle the load and rolling out teams as we have a weird password setup from the migration which requires configuration on a person to person case which I did feel like pulling my hair out over when I had the mountain of tickets. Also going from doing mainly project work back to staring in the coal face of support has reminded me why I don't wanna go back that full time, the doing fixes is fine, but dealing with people too stupid or "important" to read a company wide email I have sent to help them keep their job makes me that much more hateful to general users. Can't wait to see them try take away flexible working after this though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3305 on: March 21, 2020, 02:30:20 PM »
FREE
:rejoice

Until Monday
 :goty2

When the chaos starts anew
 :stahp

dat money tho
 :money
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3306 on: March 21, 2020, 02:32:07 PM »
When all this is over nearly everything will be digital and IT people will live like kings  :success

Average rates

Opening a PDF: $1000
Install a Web Browser: $39999
Install Windows: $29329330
🤴

shosta

« Reply #3307 on: March 21, 2020, 02:34:17 PM »

I'm just going to assume KissVibes is dead. RIP bro.
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #3309 on: March 21, 2020, 02:48:08 PM »
When all this is over nearly everything will be digital and IT people will live like kings  :success

Average rates

Opening a PDF: $1000
Install a Web Browser: $39999
Install Windows: $29329330

All the thank you emails I'm getting from MD level are being saved for pay review and bonus talks that's for damn sure.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3310 on: March 21, 2020, 03:00:33 PM »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra

BisMarckie

« Reply #3312 on: March 21, 2020, 03:07:19 PM »
800 deaths in Italy today.  :-\

team filler

• filler
  • filler

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3314 on: March 21, 2020, 03:08:55 PM »
the supply trains must have rolled in. brother in law said he had no problem getting rubbing alcohol and wipes today

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3316 on: March 21, 2020, 03:19:45 PM »
So, I live in the center of my town

Government: "Stay inside, young and healthy people, even when the weather is nice. Only go out if you must. Save the boomers!"  :bolo

Boomer #1: "What a nice day for a stroll outside"

Boomer #2(in front of closed store): "Can't believe they closed all the stores *shakes hand* how are you doing?"

It's like a goddamn boomer party out there. These people are forcing us into a lockdown.
I was afraid this would happen once the sun would reveal itself this weekend  :-\

People are heading to parks, organizing for their kids to play together in their gardens.
Fucking idiots.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3317 on: March 21, 2020, 03:23:24 PM »
boomers would rather die than change their ways?  :maf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3318 on: March 21, 2020, 03:23:31 PM »

[close]

I have been working today remotely but it's mainly been looking at emails and then asking them people to read prior emails, it's been wild getting 500+ staff working remotely from our companies quite frankly shocking stance on flexible working previously, the hardest part was just insuring VPN could handle the load and rolling out teams as we have a weird password setup from the migration which requires configuration on a person to person case which I did feel like pulling my hair out over when I had the mountain of tickets. Also going from doing mainly project work back to staring in the coal face of support has reminded me why I don't wanna go back that full time, the doing fixes is fine, but dealing with people too stupid or "important" to read a company wide email I have sent to help them keep their job makes me that much more hateful to general users. Can't wait to see them try take away flexible working after this though.

I can't stand how so many people never read their email- every time any important updates are pushed out, the guy in charge of the rollouts sends a nice, detailed message explaining everything in layman's terms and includes screenshots, plus BIG RED FONT explaining that yes, you WILL be prompted to restart your computer.  These emails go out a few times a day in the days leading up the update/rollout.

Cue lots of phone calls/emails demanding to know why their PCs are about to restart and that they can't stop it and/or what this "new software" is. 

:dead

I work at a law firm and the vast majority of all the lawyers have laptops with VPN access already.  It's all the other people who don't or the few lawyers who opted for desktops in their offices who are blowing up our phones asking HOW DO I COMPUTER.  It's pretty hard to help someone out when you ask them to click on Start or the Windows button and they don't know what the fuck you're talking about or how to do it.  I particularly enjoy the hour-long calls from folks who want to use Citrix on their home PCs and it turns out they have like Windows '98 or some shit that isn't going to work.  And the clueless Mac user calls are the stuff of nightmares.
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3319 on: March 21, 2020, 03:29:26 PM »
I particularly enjoy the hour-long calls from folks who want to use Citrix on their home PCs and it turns out they have like Windows '98 or some shit that isn't going to work.  And the clueless Mac user calls are the stuff of nightmares.

Wait, it doesn't? I just read about Citrix in my Network+ textbook and supposedly it-- No, wait, it was proprietary, MS licensed it for a while, got pissed (in more politer terms) and made Remote Desktop/Connection.

There's an open-source Citrix-like that works on OS X, *NIX/BSD and Windows (older versions like 98?), which is what I'm thinking of. :snoop

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3320 on: March 21, 2020, 03:36:45 PM »
boomers would rather die than change their ways?  :maf

Me trying to social distance

Old hag homing with her stroller to my lane like a heat seeking missile.
🤴

shosta

Re: Corona Thread |OT| A lot of good things are going to happen.
« Reply #3321 on: March 21, 2020, 03:37:05 PM »
My professor is one of those tech fascists and I found out today I have to record a speech in front of four adults. I don't even know four adults.
All speeches cancelled :heh
每天生气

thisismyusername

« Reply #3322 on: March 21, 2020, 03:40:24 PM »
...But did you do yours, though? :kermit

Tripon

« Reply #3323 on: March 21, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »
Shosta couldn't pay 4 hobos with booze to watch him do a speech?  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3324 on: March 21, 2020, 03:43:35 PM »
You can give a speech to some of us via a video call.  8)
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3325 on: March 21, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »
Boomers are like panda's we desperately try to keep them alive but all they do is make their own life worse
🤴

Ghoul

« Reply #3326 on: March 21, 2020, 03:50:31 PM »

[close]

I can't stand how so many people never read their email- every time any important updates are pushed out, the guy in charge of the rollouts sends a nice, detailed message explaining everything in layman's terms and includes screenshots, plus BIG RED FONT explaining that yes, you WILL be prompted to restart your computer.  These emails go out a few times a day in the days leading up the update/rollout.

Cue lots of phone calls/emails demanding to know why their PCs are about to restart and that they can't stop it and/or what this "new software" is. 

I work at a law firm and the vast majority of all the lawyers have laptops with VPN access already.  It's all the other people who don't or the few lawyers who opted for desktops in their offices who are blowing up our phones asking HOW DO I COMPUTER.  It's pretty hard to help someone out when you ask them to click on Start or the Windows button and they don't know what the fuck you're talking about or how to do it.  I particularly enjoy the hour-long calls from folks who want to use Citrix on their home PCs and it turns out they have like Windows '98 or some shit that isn't going to work.  And the clueless Mac user calls are the stuff of nightmares.

Yeah, it's just so frustrating because I spend a lot of time making it in clear English and for teams for example, on my email I literally said click this link which literally installed it for them and then for them to attempt to login and email me / raise a call so I can do any further changes to their account to enable them to work, I sent that email two weeks ago with a chaser sent last monday, roll on office work from home day I've got 80 fucking calls and people then emailing me to say "I can't use this" :fbm

Yeah sounds about the same as me, although within a law firm you must come up against some real asshole characters, I work within media and events so we have a real mixture of laptops, desktops and mac users which makes for an interesting mix of issues, we luckily already had logmein or datto on all of our kit across the various businesses we own so we could at least just remote onto their machines providing they knew how to sign into broadband, some freaks within our company didn't have a pc or broadband at home, WTF do they do at home weirdos.  We also had some old ass kits just like you did, it's a wild west out there.

stay safe breh, wait for that sweet sweet overtime and bonus money for all the extra shit we've had to do to get things moving in this new weird world.

Tripon

« Reply #3327 on: March 21, 2020, 03:55:54 PM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3328 on: March 21, 2020, 04:11:05 PM »
Just dropping by to encourage any Boreans that smoke to drop the habit immediately, atleast try for the time being.
Seems poor outcomes may also relate to smoking habits and not just age. Might explain why many youth are hospitalized when smoking/e-cigs have become fashionable.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/coronavirus-vaping-drugs/index.html

Stay safe!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3329 on: March 21, 2020, 04:19:50 PM »
Bade-Würtemberg reportedly offered to take charge of French patients currently in Alsace hospitals (the most burdened part of France) for severe COVID19 symptoms.
 :bedroomeyes
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3331 on: March 21, 2020, 04:35:10 PM »
Just dropping by to encourage any Boreans that smoke to drop the habit immediately, atleast try for the time being.
Seems poor outcomes may also relate to smoking habits and not just age. Might explain why many youth are hospitalized when smoking/e-cigs have become fashionable.

Stay safe!
i can do a lot of things, but not this. my quarantine is looking like

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3332 on: March 21, 2020, 04:35:28 PM »

Stay safe!
:pimp

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3334 on: March 21, 2020, 05:06:53 PM »
Boomers are like panda's we desperately try to keep them alive but all they do is make their own life worse
https://twitter.com/paraicobrien/status/1240928612980871168

:neogaf

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3335 on: March 21, 2020, 05:08:57 PM »
Watch the corona just utterly whiff and fade out in some of these places. The timeline demands such humour.

BisMarckie

« Reply #3336 on: March 21, 2020, 05:10:26 PM »
Bade-Würtemberg reportedly offered to take charge of French patients currently in Alsace hospitals (the most burdened part of France) for severe COVID19 symptoms.
 :bedroomeyes

All part of the plan to take Elsass back home.

"These Germans were so nice, we should give Strassburg back to them." :hitler

thisismyusername

« Reply #3337 on: March 21, 2020, 05:24:07 PM »

Stay safe!

*continues to smoke like a chimney* Whatever, Only. You're not my real mom.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3338 on: March 21, 2020, 05:26:15 PM »
Serbia national orchestra playing for Italia :

https://twitter.com/SophieBourdais/status/1241387076093960193
ὕβρις

Tripon

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3340 on: March 21, 2020, 05:38:56 PM »
Paolo Maldini has it. :noooo
ὕβρις

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3341 on: March 21, 2020, 05:40:09 PM »
What happened to the cow immunity thing they were doing
:O

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Tripon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3344 on: March 21, 2020, 05:50:41 PM »

[close]

Yeah, it's just so frustrating because I spend a lot of time making it in clear English and for teams for example, on my email I literally said click this link which literally installed it for them and then for them to attempt to login and email me / raise a call so I can do any further changes to their account to enable them to work, I sent that email two weeks ago with a chaser sent last monday, roll on office work from home day I've got 80 fucking calls and people then emailing me to say "I can't use this" :fbm

Yeah sounds about the same as me, although within a law firm you must come up against some real asshole characters, I work within media and events so we have a real mixture of laptops, desktops and mac users which makes for an interesting mix of issues, we luckily already had logmein or datto on all of our kit across the various businesses we own so we could at least just remote onto their machines providing they knew how to sign into broadband, some freaks within our company didn't have a pc or broadband at home, WTF do they do at home weirdos.  We also had some old ass kits just like you did, it's a wild west out there.

stay safe breh, wait for that sweet sweet overtime and bonus money for all the extra shit we've had to do to get things moving in this new weird world.

:itagaki

Yeah, man hang in there too!  For security reasons, we're only allowed to remote-assist people using our software on firm-issued PCs or Quick Assist if they're on a Windows 10 PC.  So when they're on Windows 7 (or lower, lol) or on a Mac, it can be near-impossible to get someone up and running.  Even the Win10 folks can't fucking get Quick Assist to come up with wasting 10 minutes first.  I spoke to an older gentleman today, who while very nice, was near-senile and clearly had someone else sitting next to him controlling the mouse for him.  Luckily he had just purchased a brand new laptop, so after getting through getting Quick Assist up, I was able to go and get everything set up for him.  But at one point I had to restart his PC and when I asked him to go back to Quick Assist he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about for a good five minutes.
 :(

I'm mentally and a little bit physically-exhausted after nearly two weeks straight of working like this.  Passed out for a couple of hours and woke up still feeling tired.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:55:11 PM by bork »
ど助平

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3345 on: March 21, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »
Everyone should watch this

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3346 on: March 21, 2020, 06:39:07 PM »
I'm eating rice and curry that expired a year ago cause it was in my shelf still.  Doing my part.

thisismyusername

« Reply #3347 on: March 21, 2020, 06:46:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1241340736504766465

Huh; if only there was a way for him to find out why.  Like some sort of concept where you could search for information and find it and learn.

Or maybe catch it. :kermit

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3348 on: March 21, 2020, 06:49:12 PM »
Also kind of funny how people were up in arms about First Nation protestors shutting down the economy, but when their asses are on the line, it's totally fine. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3349 on: March 21, 2020, 06:58:36 PM »
We just went out to try and grab some food.  Nothing special, just fast food or whatever- I went to Chipotle because I know they're open- wife insisted on going somewhere else and every place she wanted to go to was closed. 

It's weird how in some shopping areas, it looks like a ghost town and then others are pretty busy.  Also saw a bar nearby that had people outside eating and drinking- thought all that was shut down around here.  :thinking
ど助平

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3350 on: March 21, 2020, 07:03:13 PM »
We just went out to try and grab some food.  Nothing special, just fast food or whatever- I went to Chipotle because I know they're open- wife insisted on going somewhere else and every place she wanted to go to was closed. 

It's weird how in some shopping areas, it looks like a ghost town and then others are pretty busy.  Also saw a bar nearby that had people outside eating and drinking- thought all that was shut down around here.  :thinking

Chipotle and widespread disease, name a better pair
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3351 on: March 21, 2020, 07:14:25 PM »
Just read a rather bleak article about the situation here.

3/4 of those that died never made it to the ICU.
The treatment apparently is a very big strain on the body so many old people decided not to go through with it after hearing what treatment would entail and the low chances of survival.
They choose quarantine in their own homes and passed away. Those are mostly people in the 80+ age bracket.
Mostly much younger patients(20 - 40) with another condition or younger people in general(50+) went to the ICU.

Next week we'll hit the peak of patients in the ICU. After that the numbers 'must' come down.

Today was a pretty nice day, the sun was out so many people went to parks, beaches, forests etc. . Basically 'anything' still open.
The politicians are pretty pissed at people for doing that. Because it just increases the likely hood of a lockdown.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #3353 on: March 21, 2020, 07:23:55 PM »
Also kind of funny how people were up in arms about First Nation protestors shutting down the economy, but when their asses are on the line, it's totally fine.
The coastal gas pipeline was going to spread a highly contagious virus to the Wet'suwet'en, whose elected representatives had already agreed to the pipeline, and the only way to prevent countless deaths was to do blockades across unrelated parts of Canada?

Tripon

« Reply #3354 on: March 21, 2020, 07:26:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1241503733613121537

Gotta admit, didn't have Gamestop as a company to try to kick and scream into death. But here we are....

thisismyusername

« Reply #3355 on: March 21, 2020, 07:27:57 PM »
I mean curbside pickup for pre-orders (games are still gonna release, wonder about physical though) is better than "lol fuck the police, come in and catch your death!"

Employees are still at risk, but slightly less so.

Bebpo

« Reply #3356 on: March 21, 2020, 07:28:46 PM »

Yeah, people keep talking about ghost towns but when I drive in my city every parking lot is like 3/4th filled and traffic is almost normal. I'm thinking most are people going to markets/pharmacies/food, but idk.

Also today being a nice sunny day here in So Cal, it got me thinking that once it starts getting HOT here in so cal in a month or two or three, everyone at home with their ACs running...there's going to be major power shortages in the middle of this.
And fires will start too... :|

The sooner CA can get back to normal the better.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3357 on: March 21, 2020, 07:36:49 PM »
everyone at home with their ACs running...there's going to be major power shortages in the middle of this.
And fires will start too... :|
I didn't take animal crossing players for arsonists  :thinking
🤴

Tripon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3359 on: March 21, 2020, 08:30:10 PM »
🤴