Author Topic: FitnessBore - 2018 edition  (Read 813584 times)

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Re: FitnessBore - 2012 edition
« Reply #4200 on: June 26, 2012, 11:54:53 PM »
btw, Team Viewer (or any other remote desktop app) is really helpful for this stuff. You can move around between devices very easily, without ever being 'offline'.

When walking to the park, say, I just log on via the iPhone in case anyone starts screaming for me. Or if I need to check on something while I'm at the wife's office or in my study, I can use whatever PC or tablet or phone is around me, so long as I am connected to the main work device. Skype number forwarding is also a godsend. No-one has any clue where I am when they call me, and as long as I pick up, they'll never need to know.
vjj

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #4201 on: June 27, 2012, 09:20:53 AM »

So I've started doing strength training and jogging again to try to kick past my current homeostasis and I'm having some good gains already.  Like my body was just waiting for me to start getting out there and doing the work again.

I have tried a few times to get into eating organ meats, but I just can't get past the tastes or the textures. 

Luckily I read about these Uni-Liver pills and ordered a tub of them.  They came yesterday and I took two at 9PM night.  THIS. WAS. A. MISTAKE.  I was literally up until like 1 AM last night because I had way too much energy.  Like cup of coffee then running a mile kind of energy.  I couldn't stay in bed, all I did was toss and turn.

These pills are basically grass fed calf liver with the fat removed and then compressed with a bit of whey to bind everything together.  The pills are gargantuan, like 2x the size of a multivitamin and they suggest taking 2 of them 3x a day with meals.  Also, basically being liver tabs they smell god awful, but they're easy enough to get down with water.

I paid $22 for the 500 count making this the cheapest supplement I have ever had.  Some people report constipation on them, but I haven't experienced that at all, but then I tend to keep myself fairly regular thanks to a really unfortunate incident back when I first started paleo.

Tonya

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #4202 on: June 27, 2012, 08:06:08 PM »
back to competitive futsal on monday after a good 2 months away with sick wife. Should be interesting - three tournaments coming up which i'd range from "competitive" to "Hell" so will be interesting to see how my old ass self hangs in

more worried about match sharpness than physical fitness
O=X

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4203 on: June 27, 2012, 10:40:44 PM »
picked up some of those liver tabs, Eric P - thanks for the tip. Double the price here in Japan but still cheap I guess.

DC - what on earth is wrong with the wife? Two months?!
vjj

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4204 on: June 27, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »
Okay, so what exactly is the point of the liver tablets?  Or did I miss this somewhere in the thread earlier?
WTF

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4205 on: June 27, 2012, 11:37:13 PM »
organ meat is incredibly dense in nutrients, and particularly in ones that are hard to get elsewhere.

plus they make erections that can cut steel and last for days
vjj

cool breeze

« Reply #4206 on: June 27, 2012, 11:46:27 PM »
The tablet part is new to me.  I know people who eat liver for the nutritional benefits but find the taste and texture abhorrent, so this could be good for them.

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4207 on: June 28, 2012, 04:14:54 AM »
DC - what on earth is wrong with the wife? Two months?!

it's actually close to three months, i was just away in the UK when it all started :/

edit : though just to bring it back from "uh oh" - nothing too bad, it -is- a serious worry for us and has it's implications, but it's more to do with her having 'swallowed a space hopper' than owt else ;)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:18:23 PM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #4208 on: June 28, 2012, 11:58:12 PM »
I've been done more cardio in the last three days at Disney World than I've done in a year.  It's good because I've been snacking out of control. My stamina is better than I expect.  I ran pretty fast for 30s to catch a bus at the end of a long day but I was barely panting afterwards.

Fifstar

« Reply #4209 on: June 29, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »
Did the shoulder presses standing today and barely managed 2/3 of the weight I did when seated. Probably much better for the core but still kinda eh  >:(
Gulp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4210 on: July 02, 2012, 03:29:27 AM »
A little thought, which may seem obvious to most but what the hell, space is free on the internet:

Why you always want to do exercises with proper form:

If you are doing a relatively easy exercise for high reps, it will be very very tempting - almost automatic - for you to cheat on form. When not stressed by a movement, the natural tendency is not to concentrate too hard and just to use the big muscles rather than use the full body. For example, when doing a light press, you might just use your shoulders and not fully engage the core, the triceps, the hips etc. As the reps get harder, you'll naturally attempt to recruit more muscles to the effort.

The problem with that is: You are skewing your training towards the big muscle groups that are already relatively strong, and ignoring the smaller supporting muscle groups. And that means, when the reps get harder, you stand a much greater chance of injuring those smaller muscles because they are weaker. Also, you will just not be as strong or fast as you would be if you'd trained the smaller muscles properly.

The problem of course is that when the reps are easy, we think we are succeeding and think we don't need to worry overly about form. Hey, the weight is moving, right? NO. Those lapses will bite you in the ass later, especially if doing explosive exercises or working with very heavy weight in compound exercises. Use as much of your body in each rep as you can, in short.
vjj

Fifstar

« Reply #4211 on: July 02, 2012, 04:28:04 AM »
Sorry for the noob factor of the question, but what is the general advantage of doing exercises with low difficulty/weight for high reps?
Gulp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4212 on: July 02, 2012, 04:44:19 AM »
Strength endurance, as opposed to maximal strength. An MMA fighter needs a different kind of strength than an Olympic weightlifter, since most of their bouts will last longer than a second or two hopefully.
vjj

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4213 on: July 02, 2012, 04:58:43 PM »
Futsal - i'm not as horribly unfit as i though - 2hours was easy. I guess the walking (and occasional running) to work has helped.

Back to sorting out diet - lardy at the moment and eating some utter shit recently. tsk tsk.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:42:02 PM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4214 on: July 04, 2012, 03:29:13 AM »
So far I'm doing alright in the gym. 2/3 times a week in the last 3 weeks.

Feels good to have that tension in the muscles again. Yesterday I did cardio only and ran 5k in 30 min, which is ok.
I'm doing low reps high weight to build muscle first and get some results. 

Normal workout looks like this now:
20 min cardio
10 machines

Almost no breaks in between and I'm done within an hour, its  hard to get good results with weights (especially if you do cardio first) this way but the heart rate is kept high and its a real workout.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:33:02 AM by Premium Lager »

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4215 on: July 04, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »
injured my fucking hand so no push ups or pull ups for me :piss.

any idea what I can compesate otherwise with?
USA

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4216 on: July 04, 2012, 09:05:42 PM »
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck on the injury bench for the first time in a while - gradual build up.

During the futsal game i went in hard/high for a header and i felt something twing in the base of my spine. It's got worse over the last few days so any rotation from the trunk feels like agony. I can still run/walk etc - but twisting isn't happening without pain.  I can bear it for futsal but i'd rather not antagonize it.

shitty shit piss flaps - tournaments in 3 weeks... the clock is ticking.
O=X

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4217 on: July 05, 2012, 03:12:32 AM »

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4218 on: July 05, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
I dunno if this counts in fitness bore but it made me laff. I was on Amazon looking for some colognes and this was the second highest selling product.

http://www.amazon.com/Arouse-Rx-Sex-Pheromones-For-Men/dp/B001P4EM3G/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1341535308&sr=1-2

USA

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4219 on: July 05, 2012, 09:48:03 PM »
Green Irish Tweed or nothing at all. :bow Creed :bow2
O=X

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4220 on: July 06, 2012, 08:54:41 AM »
and robb wolf has started a political podcast based on how awesome libertarian is placing all the blame of our current foodsystem on government involvement and not on the actual companies producing the food and using capital to influence the politicians.
Tonya

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4221 on: July 06, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »
I've been seeing a bunch of grass fed cattle ranches recently.  I wonder if they're on the rise or if it is entirely coincidental that I've been seeing them around.

and robb wolf has started a political podcast based on how awesome libertarian is placing all the blame of our current foodsystem on government involvement and not on the actual companies producing the food and using capital to influence the politicians.

Well, Paleo is still considered a fringe philosophy so like minds attract like and Libertarianism generally feeds on the fringes.

I do agree with him on one thing and that is the idea that vegetarianism/veganism is considered the enlightened solution.  I've seen more than a few times claims that going vegetarian will solve the food crisis that is happening now and in the future.  That we'll all be happy and healthy once we ditch meat.  Paleo has a long ways to go before it considered an acceptable mainstream alternative to McDonald's.
🍆🍆

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4222 on: July 07, 2012, 05:16:36 PM »
Been working out three times a week, 30 minutes, all weights, no cardio. I feel stronger, and am sleeping better, but know I need to do something cardio-riffic in order to have balance, and energy.

Also switched to a standing desk at work, which is either going to be good for me, or my posture will destroy me.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4223 on: July 07, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »
Just do some weights without all the resting and you will feel no need to get on the treadmill.
vjj

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4224 on: July 07, 2012, 09:58:14 PM »
Fractured my wrist bones/things or thats what my lazy doctor thinks. He literally doens't do anything but ask where it hurts then passes judgement so who really knows whats wrong  :-\.

I asked on Fitocracy for some exercised to do one handed and someone suggested serbian squats. anyone got any experience here with em
USA

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4225 on: July 07, 2012, 10:04:17 PM »
Almost any kettlebell exercise can be done one-handed, including squats.
vjj

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4226 on: July 07, 2012, 10:15:12 PM »
i didnt know that  :-[
USA

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #4227 on: July 08, 2012, 10:42:17 PM »

I recommend 5 sets of 10 with 30s rest

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4228 on: July 09, 2012, 03:43:08 AM »
I went to the gym yesterday and it was closed at 5PM already on a sunday.  :-\

Now I feel fat and guilty.

Just do some weights without all the resting and you will feel no need to get on the treadmill.

Fuck rest  :gun

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4229 on: July 09, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »
My gym keeps saying they're going to be a 24/7 facility soon, but they never do it...
WTF

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4230 on: July 16, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
I've got 96 days until the Tough Mudder in Kentucky.  I'm ramping up my training program like nobody's business.
WTF

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4231 on: July 18, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »
ran to work (12-13km) - started around 12:30pm - in the lovely 34C sweaty custard weather we are having

as per Jonnyram : "in what universe was that a good idea?"
O=X

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4232 on: July 18, 2012, 10:21:15 AM »
so that's what you look like at your job?  I hope you work at a sweatshop.  That way they can see you take your work home with you.
Tonya

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4233 on: July 18, 2012, 10:25:58 AM »
WOW!  That's a run!  Part of me is really impressed and the other part wonders if you're possessed...
WTF

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #4234 on: July 18, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
Part of me is really impressed and the other part wonders if you're possessed...

i am going to just walk it today- i doubt it'll be any less filthy.

Luckily we have shower rooms at the office so i am not quite totally disgusting in the office.
O=X

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #4235 on: July 20, 2012, 08:38:14 AM »
Nice work dc. Our new office building doesn't have showers so I can only run home. Managed to do it in under 50mins today for the first time today (~8km).
itm

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4236 on: July 29, 2012, 08:46:28 AM »
Question that doesn't apply now but wondering cause it will soon:

Once you reach your target weight and fitness, how would I modify my diet as to not continue losing weight or gaining weight, but maintaining it?

If that makes sense. Would I just up the carb counts from 30 to like 100? Get off Paleo?
USA

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4237 on: July 30, 2012, 04:18:11 PM »
If you get off Paleo, you'll probably gain it all back.  I'd keep carbs between 50-100.
WTF

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4238 on: July 31, 2012, 04:55:21 PM »
Question that doesn't apply now but wondering cause it will soon:

Once you reach your target weight and fitness, how would I modify my diet as to not continue losing weight or gaining weight, but maintaining it?

If that makes sense. Would I just up the carb counts from 30 to like 100? Get off Paleo?
Find out your BMR and eat that many calories of good healthy foods.  Still mostly fats and protein. 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4239 on: July 31, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »
and don't forget that what you imagine to be your target weight may have no relation to your ideal body composition...conflating 'weight' with 'body fat' is very common. People tend to think 'hmm, if i can get back to my high school WEIGHT (when i was on the swim team and ripped) I'll be good....'. But when they get to that weight, they realize that oh hey, they don't have that high school muscle anymore so they still look pudgy. And formerly fat people rebound REAL fast. Don't go making big plans to start hitting the pizza again anytime soon, basically.
vjj

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4240 on: August 01, 2012, 05:00:07 AM »
and don't forget that what you imagine to be your target weight may have no relation to your ideal body composition...conflating 'weight' with 'body fat' is very common. People tend to think 'hmm, if i can get back to my high school WEIGHT (when i was on the swim team and ripped) I'll be good....'. But when they get to that weight, they realize that oh hey, they don't have that high school muscle anymore so they still look pudgy. And formerly fat people rebound REAL fast. Don't go making big plans to start hitting the pizza again anytime soon, basically.

Truth.  :(
WTF

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4241 on: August 01, 2012, 05:38:19 AM »
It's funny how often people get close to their goal (in their minds) and start talking about 'carb refeeds' and 'cheat days' and 'reintroducing good carbs' :lol

No bitch, you don't get to THINK about that shit until you actually GET to the goal, and then stabilize for 3-6 months. If you want to do it right and keep it off that is.
vjj

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4242 on: August 01, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »
So tomorrow is basically one year paleo / primal for me.

In that time period I've lost over 100 pounds, my waist went down 14", my blood pressure is stable (I no longer literally hear my heartbeat at night), my seasonal allergies are pretty much gone, i rarely get sick (i used to get sick all the damn time from a variety of things), if i get cut or bruised it heals a hell of a lot faster, my recovery time is far greater, i'm stronger, i'm faster, i have a hell of a lot more energy, i'm far more educated about food and diet and nutrition and am able to make better food choices, i went from eating every few hours to eating two meals (or less!) a day, i had these weird skin tabs which have started to clear up, and i'm probably forgetting about stuff which has normalized me.

i still need to get stronger.  my exercise (especially my strength training) has flagged.  I'd like to blame it on the summer and the super shit weather, but I think we all know that's bullshit. i look at strength training stuff and it's all just so overwhelming to try to figure this stuff out on my own.  i found a local crossfit gym (boo hiss, yes I know) that seems to not have its head up its ass and i'm thinking of going there for a bit to at least learn some stuff.  I can't seem to find a good strength gym locally that doesn't require me to travel forever or have schedules when I'm actually available (early ass morning).

my diet has slipped.  I've eaten probably more sugar than is healthy.  I actually had ice cream two days in a row last weekend (totally organic grass fed sourced dairy and what not but still).  Last night I went to Mission Chinese (which is god tier) and actually ate some tofu and rice (i think i've eaten 3 tablespoons of rice over the past year before now).  i'm not too concerned, to be honest.  i still keep everything beyond these rare indulgences in check.  i haven't eaten any bread or had any beer (beyond a sip of something the gf may be drinking).

i think, honestly, that my GF hasn't been paleo / primal has been the biggest challenge.  she respects that i am eating this way and so if we go out she'll make sure that we go somewhere i can get something.  it's changed how we eat in a huge way (basically no more Mexican, no more Asian).  she will still make what i consider to be Bad Choices (tm); for example she had a cookie for lunch yesterday.  i wish i could get her to just go all in with me, she's seen what it's done for me, but she has no interest.

so what now? 
I think i'm going to do a 21 day sugar detox starting tomorrow as kind of an anniversary marker.
I want to hit up the Crossfit gym and at least give it a month.

Ultimately I've seen so much improvement that the thought of going "back" to the standard american way of eating is just alien to me.
Tonya

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4243 on: August 01, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
:bow

Big news for me: I finally found a good source for grass-fed beef in Tokyo. I bought like 5kg of various cuts. Had steak twice today :rock You guys probably take the availability of this stuff for granted but there is basically no awareness whatsoever of the issues here, despite it being a nation of foodies and meat-lovers.
vjj

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4244 on: August 02, 2012, 03:36:36 AM »
You've lost 100 pounds in a year?  That's amazing man.  But why no rice? I thought that stuff is healthy. (or is this part of the paleo diet?) Do you have any before and after pics?

:bow :bow2

Do you really feel there is no room for the occasional cookie etc? Or this like drugs/alcohol for you and you fear one slip might cause a relapse?

:piss I lost 2 kilo in just over month now hitting the gym for the first time in 4/5 years, trying to drink less beer too but it's hard  :piss2
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:40:43 AM by Premium Lager »

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4245 on: August 02, 2012, 06:09:42 AM »
well, if you were eating something that made you sick and each time you ate it you felt horrible, why would you ever go back for seconds?

my cheats have been things like organic grass-fed ice cream with 16 grams of sugar per serving

rice isn't horrible for you like wheat, but it's really starchy and i would usually prefer to eat something with a bit more nutrients.  Also when I've had it, I've sometimes bloated and had bad digestion, so if i leave it out altogether for the most part, i am generally better off.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/is-rice-unhealthy/

there's a before and after shot upthread somewhere from a few months ago.  there hasn't been much change since then.  a bit more fat loss so the shirt fits a bit better.
Tonya

Rman

« Reply #4246 on: August 03, 2012, 10:39:13 AM »
Grats, Eric!

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #4247 on: August 06, 2012, 03:11:38 AM »
I built a time machine so I could go back and beat the shit out of myself for being such a worthless doughy fatty.

The best part is that some of my old pictures actually changed, like in Back to the Future.

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4248 on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:56 AM »
:rofl
WTF

Beezy

« Reply #4249 on: August 06, 2012, 07:49:07 AM »
 :lol

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4250 on: August 06, 2012, 08:07:23 AM »
So tomorrow is basically one year paleo / primal for me.

In that time period I've lost over 100 pounds, my waist went down 14", my blood pressure is stable (I no longer literally hear my heartbeat at night), my seasonal allergies are pretty much gone, i rarely get sick (i used to get sick all the damn time from a variety of things), if i get cut or bruised it heals a hell of a lot faster, my recovery time is far greater, i'm stronger, i'm faster, i have a hell of a lot more energy, i'm far more educated about food and diet and nutrition and am able to make better food choices, i went from eating every few hours to eating two meals (or less!) a day, i had these weird skin tabs which have started to clear up, and i'm probably forgetting about stuff which has normalized me.

i still need to get stronger.  my exercise (especially my strength training) has flagged.  I'd like to blame it on the summer and the super shit weather, but I think we all know that's bullshit. i look at strength training stuff and it's all just so overwhelming to try to figure this stuff out on my own.  i found a local crossfit gym (boo hiss, yes I know) that seems to not have its head up its ass and i'm thinking of going there for a bit to at least learn some stuff.  I can't seem to find a good strength gym locally that doesn't require me to travel forever or have schedules when I'm actually available (early ass morning).

my diet has slipped.  I've eaten probably more sugar than is healthy.  I actually had ice cream two days in a row last weekend (totally organic grass fed sourced dairy and what not but still).  Last night I went to Mission Chinese (which is god tier) and actually ate some tofu and rice (i think i've eaten 3 tablespoons of rice over the past year before now).  i'm not too concerned, to be honest.  i still keep everything beyond these rare indulgences in check.  i haven't eaten any bread or had any beer (beyond a sip of something the gf may be drinking).

i think, honestly, that my GF hasn't been paleo / primal has been the biggest challenge.  she respects that i am eating this way and so if we go out she'll make sure that we go somewhere i can get something.  it's changed how we eat in a huge way (basically no more Mexican, no more Asian).  she will still make what i consider to be Bad Choices (tm); for example she had a cookie for lunch yesterday.  i wish i could get her to just go all in with me, she's seen what it's done for me, but she has no interest.

so what now? 
I think i'm going to do a 21 day sugar detox starting tomorrow as kind of an anniversary marker.
I want to hit up the Crossfit gym and at least give it a month.

Ultimately I've seen so much improvement that the thought of going "back" to the standard american way of eating is just alien to me.

I missed this post.  Congratulations :rock
🍆🍆

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4251 on: August 06, 2012, 09:40:54 AM »
thank you.

i'm on day 5 of a sugar detox and it's kind of brutal.  Food wise this just means a lot more meat, absolutely no fruit, no starchy vegetables, and no added sweetener.  i eat low-ish carb already but this is harder for one reason; alcohol.  No drinking of any sort.  I'm a social drinker, when I go out with friends I'll have a few drinks and it's usually no big deal.  Whiskey and Soda or Tequila and Soda.  It's just a normal force of habit.  Since starting the Detox I've gone out 4 times.  So that's 4 times I've thought "I should get a drink" only to remember "wait, i can't!"

It gets worse because i have a friend who will be in town for one day after being out of the country for 16 months before she flies right back out again and my GF's bday is in 13 days.  I'm thinking about just giving myself two exceptions and then redoing it to the best of my abilities. 

When I did the same thing last year, I sequestered myself so that I didn't go out at all and as such I didn't run into the same problems. 
Tonya

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4252 on: August 06, 2012, 10:04:51 AM »
Ah sorry, it's 21 days total.  I'm on the 5th day.

edit: more info

http://the21daysugardetox.com/?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:06:37 AM by Eric P »
Tonya

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4253 on: August 06, 2012, 10:12:08 AM »
it's basically a structured short term ketosis program.
Tonya

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4254 on: August 06, 2012, 10:24:17 AM »
ketosis at a very gross simplification is when your body stops burning glucose for energy and instead begins to convert stored fat to ketones which your body then uses for energy.  your body stops burning glucose when you stop feeding it carbs.  your body typically has about 3-4 days of glucose on hand (depending on what you eat).
Tonya

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4255 on: August 06, 2012, 10:46:40 AM »
that's what i'm using it for.
Tonya

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4256 on: August 06, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »
i hate that im at a point where on my days off if i'm stuck inside sitting on the PC reading something I feel like a fat slob and jus want to go outside and like run or use my backyard as a driving range

oh wait i dont it rules  8)

ps thanks for the help with maintaining weight guys. getting close for me prob another month or two :)
USA

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4257 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »
I read recently on Whole30 that alcohol has derailed more attempts at healthy eating than any other factor reported by their subjects...i'd say that's likely true. Drinking leads inexorably to eating bad food, and feeling so bad the next day you don't train etc. It's tough to cut it out but it helps a lot if you at least cut out the non-social drinking at home. I pretty much have done so. As you get older, your social drinking will likely fall off a cliff anyway.
vjj

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4258 on: August 07, 2012, 01:19:28 AM »
I read recently on Whole30 that alcohol has derailed more attempts at healthy eating than any other factor reported by their subjects...i'd say that's likely true. Drinking leads inexorably to eating bad food, and feeling so bad the next day you don't train etc. It's tough to cut it out but it helps a lot if you at least cut out the non-social drinking at home. I pretty much have done so. As you get older, your social drinking will likely fall off a cliff anyway.

Truth. :(
WTF

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4259 on: August 07, 2012, 02:06:46 AM »

I have only made bad food decisions once while drinking and that was to eat some tortillas and guacamole.  I tend to not go overboard when I drink so it's easier to stay in control.
Tonya