Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here  (Read 45863 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« Reply #480 on: August 21, 2017, 10:08:31 AM »
And Arya should have cut off Littlefinger's fucking face and used him to manipulate Salsa

Only way this could work is if Arya cut off Littlefinger's face and used it to seduce and bang Sansa.
serge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #481 on: August 21, 2017, 10:21:24 AM »
And Arya should have cut off Littlefinger's fucking face and used him to manipulate Salsa

Only way this could work is if Arya cut off Littlefinger's face and used it to seduce and bang Sansa.
I fucking love the way you think.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #482 on: August 21, 2017, 11:49:13 AM »
..........well that sucked.
que

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #483 on: August 21, 2017, 11:55:12 AM »
Show's dumb as fuck
zzzzz

Himu

« Reply #484 on: August 21, 2017, 11:56:40 AM »
I had a dream last night that George is so pissed off by what they did to his characters on the show that he goes into solitude and writes TWOW and ADOS which are released consecutively the day of the series finale as a big fuck you to D&D for being hacks.

One can dream...
IYKYK

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #485 on: August 21, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »
That was a really well directed episode that was really dumb. Having to shorten the season really killed it last night.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2017, 12:24:14 PM »
Having to truncate (or choosing to, whichever) the last couple seasons is definitely showing up.

At this point, I'm pretty much just watching for the spectacle and closure for a story that will in all likelihood never be finished in any other way.
yar

TVC15

« Reply #487 on: August 21, 2017, 12:33:07 PM »
Having to truncate (or choosing to, whichever) the last couple seasons is definitely showing up.

At this point, I'm pretty much just watching for the spectacle and closure for a story that will in all likelihood never be finished in any other way.

This episode really just struck home that a show that was once filled with fun plots and intrigue is going to boil down to dragons and zombies and magic and fantasy bullshit.

I mean, that it would come down to this was pretty obvious from the beginning, but it's not all that satisfying for me to watch, especially when it's done while cutting all sorts or corners.

If it were 20 years in the future, and I were hired to helm the remake of this, the first thing I'd do is scrap the entire wall/white walkers plot and replace it with something more amiable to political shit. North of the wall has given us some cool battles, but not much else, and it's taken so much fucking time.
serge

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #488 on: August 21, 2017, 12:41:15 PM »
I thought perhaps the whole Bran/Night King thing was goingg to give the Night King some motivation or something beyond just walking south and killing everything but so far both characters are fucking useless. Bran better come up big or why the fuck didn't they just kill him?
vin

TVC15

« Reply #489 on: August 21, 2017, 12:49:35 PM »
I just better get my fuckin' Cleganebowl. Is the Hound heading to KL with Jon and the captured wight? I didn't get to rewatch yet.
serge

studyguy

« Reply #490 on: August 21, 2017, 01:01:44 PM »
lmao this episode was so fucking wack.
Even not taking it seriously, it's hard to overlook the fuckery in this episode.
pause

zepblackstar

« Reply #491 on: August 21, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #492 on: August 21, 2017, 08:09:09 PM »
what the fuck have they done to Arya's character? She sucks. Unless this is some kind of LOONNNNGGGG CONNNNN against Littlefinger. I'll reserve my judgement I guess.

This episode was basically like watching an RTS where both teams managed to level up their army to the final units and then threw them at each other. was fun. Ice Dragon was completely expected.

nat

TVC15

« Reply #493 on: August 21, 2017, 08:11:51 PM »
Just turned on TV and S1E1 of the OG Queer as Folk is on Logo. Time to get my young homo Littlefinger on.
serge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #494 on: August 21, 2017, 09:21:13 PM »
Alright so when's the next episode leakin?

bluemax

« Reply #495 on: August 21, 2017, 10:22:56 PM »
That was a really well directed episode that was really dumb. Having to shorten the season really killed it last night.

They actually lengthened the season. They wanted to do 8 episodes and be done with it. HBO made them pad it out to 14.
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #496 on: August 21, 2017, 11:06:53 PM »
Alt-North king wins and gets to bang sansa, cersei and khaleesi anytime he wants. But like a true hero, he puts them aside for the only real queen on the show, Misandei.  :doge

El Babua

« Reply #497 on: August 22, 2017, 12:35:23 AM »
I had a dream last night that George is so pissed off by what they did to his characters on the show that he goes into solitude and writes TWOW and ADOS which are released consecutively the day of the series finale as a big fuck you to D&D for being hacks.

One can dream...

I had a dream where George had to write another in-between book before Winds and nothing happened and it was filled with bad poetry. I want to call myself a prophet.

agrajag

« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2017, 01:40:28 AM »
Man, what the fuck is wrong with me, why am I more worried about a CGI dragon dying than human characters?  :-\

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2017, 07:29:32 AM »
Man, what the fuck is wrong with me, why am I more worried about a CGI dragon dying than human characters?  :-\
Yeah I wish all the humans would die.  Tyrion is the only one that I would be okay with living.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2017, 08:44:27 AM »
Yeah I wish all the humans would die.  Tyrion is the only one that I would be okay with living.

Well he's a hobbit anyway.

agrajag

« Reply #501 on: August 22, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »
the night king really does look like bran

Raist

« Reply #502 on: August 22, 2017, 09:57:30 AM »
he looks like the guy who plays him who looks nothing like bran

Well they've changed his face quite a bit since he first appeared.

Then:

Now:

agrajag

« Reply #503 on: August 22, 2017, 10:03:21 AM »
I saw some people on other forums saying that they should've had not-Dany attack the white walkers/night king directly. But that assumes that not-Dany can immediately identify the night king. That part was fine. Why he didn't throw the javelin at Drogon who was a sitting duck though, that one is pretty bad.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #504 on: August 22, 2017, 10:13:36 AM »
I have some theories:

- Zombie Dragon is how they take the Wall down. It'll still breath fire.
- Berric Dondarion will stay behind at Eastwatch or where-ever and will challenge the Night King (hinted this episode) and will get killed
- Everyone expects Cersei to pull some shit during the meeting... but I think it'll actually be Dany that spoils things. Hinted at by Tyrion saying she has a temper. Cersei will say something and Dany will react and everything will spiral out of control
- Last shot of the season is the army of the dead walking through the melted wall.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:37:36 AM by fistfulofmetal »
nat

agrajag

« Reply #505 on: August 22, 2017, 10:16:43 AM »
Are Jon Snow and not-Dany going to bang, or will we get a creepy post-kiss Luke and Leia type revelation from ROTJ?

TVC15

« Reply #506 on: August 22, 2017, 10:28:30 AM »
I have some theories:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
- Berric Dondarion will stay behind at Eastwatch or where-ever and will challenge the Night King (hinted this episode) and will get killed
- Everyone expects Cersei to pull some shit during the meeting... but I think it'll actually be Dany that spoils things. Hinted at by Tyrion saying she has a temper. Cersei will say something and Dany will react and everything will spiral out of control
- Last shot of the season is the army of the dead walking through the melted wall.
[close]

Don't put your theories in spoilers! They aren't spoilers!

I don't think Dany and Jon are stupid enough to go to the wight presentation meeting wtih Cersei themselves. I really hope they aren't that stupid. Really, really hope they aren't that stupid. So it will probably happen.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #507 on: August 22, 2017, 10:29:54 AM »
I have some theories:

[close]

I don't think Dany and Jon are stupid enough to go to the wight presentation meeting wtih Cersei themselves. I really hope they aren't that stupid. Really, really hope they aren't that stupid. So it will probably happen.

If I am interpreting the episode 7 trailer correctly, that is exactly what happens, Tyrion is there too  :lol like that wouldn't trigger the fuck out of Cersei, great strategic planning there.

TVC15

« Reply #508 on: August 22, 2017, 10:33:41 AM »
Ugh. I didn't see the preview because it wasn't attached to the leak. I guess I'll give it a watch in a minute. I guess there's a highish probability of me bitching in a few minutes.
serge

Lothar

« Reply #509 on: August 22, 2017, 10:40:53 AM »
I have some theories:

[close]

It would be funny if Cersei just laughs and brings out the Mountain.  "A zombie?  I'll show you a zombie you dumb idiots."  Then the Mountain kills them all.

agrajag

« Reply #510 on: August 22, 2017, 10:47:18 AM »
My money is on Qyburn wanting to study the zombie

TVC15

« Reply #511 on: August 22, 2017, 10:52:27 AM »
I mean, I guess having Cersei capture Jon and Dany and Tyrion could make for an interesting narrative for the beginning of S8.

I will say this: back when this season started, my guess was this it would end with Jon and Dany taking out Cersei (prob a common theory). If it ends that way now, I'll be pretty fucking disappointed because of the stupid fucking circumstances that led to it happening.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #512 on: August 22, 2017, 10:57:07 AM »
Fuck, now I'm worried that Jaime is going to kill Cersei in the finale :(
serge

agrajag

« Reply #513 on: August 22, 2017, 11:01:19 AM »
I don't see not-Dany not having some contingency plan in the form of two dragons and a horde of bloodthirsty Dothrakis ready to rek everyone's shit at a moment's notice. If this season has proven anything, Tyrion might be an idiot, but not-Dany is a little smarter than that.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #514 on: August 22, 2017, 11:13:45 AM »
Fuck, now I'm worried that Jaime is going to kill Cersei in the finale :(

That'd work. If he impales her in the final episode, it'll have come full circle.

agrajag

« Reply #515 on: August 22, 2017, 11:17:53 AM »
I think Cersei as the main bad has run its course, I am a bit fatigued by that dynamic. Bring on full all-out war with the Night King and wrap the series up.

TVC15

« Reply #516 on: August 22, 2017, 11:29:41 AM »
I think Cersei as the main bad has run its course, I am a bit fatigued by that dynamic. Bring on full all-out war with the Night King and wrap the series up.

That's why I figured she'd be dead by the end of this season. She peaked with the Sept of Baelor. Her kids are all dead and her plot has nowhere else to go.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #517 on: August 22, 2017, 11:34:42 AM »

That's why I figured she'd be dead by the end of this season. She peaked with the Sept of Baelor. Her kids are all dead and her plot has nowhere else to go.

But wait, she's pregnant now

TVC15

« Reply #518 on: August 22, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »

But wait, she's pregnant now

The prophecy said she'd only have three kids and prophecies are never wrong. Either HBO doesn't consider a fetus a life or she's lying to keep Jaime on #TeamCersei instead of #TeamTyrion.
serge

Raist

« Reply #519 on: August 22, 2017, 11:44:35 AM »
Cersei is boring.

Arya needs a new list.

Cersei. Sansa. Jon. Theon. Yara. Euron. Dany. Jorah. Brienne. Sam. Herself.

The show becomes about the travel stories of Tyrion, Beric, the Hound, Missandei and Hotpie :rejoice.

agrajag

« Reply #520 on: August 22, 2017, 11:51:52 AM »
Arya is so cringe nowadays.

Missandei  :heartbeat :noah

TVC15

« Reply #521 on: August 22, 2017, 11:56:39 AM »
Y'all are just lusting after Missandei because you know you don't need dick power to please her.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #522 on: August 22, 2017, 12:02:07 PM »
 :ufup

my dick power is over 9000

TVC15

« Reply #523 on: August 22, 2017, 12:11:34 PM »
Really, what I want for the finale is for Littlefinger to perform the opening sequence of The Holy Mountain where Jodorowsky strips and shaves those girls and removes their nails and shit, except he's doing it to Sansa and Arya.

Then S8 is just a 7 hour recreation of The Holy Mountain, with Littlefinger as the Alchemist, Jon as The Fool, and the other 7 planet characters being whatever remaining characters I still like. Let's say Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, The Hound, Bronn, Davos, and Robin Arryn.
serge

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #524 on: August 22, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »
Speaking of which, I wonder if young Robin Arryn has some serving girl titty to suck on now that his mom is dead.

agrajag

« Reply #525 on: August 22, 2017, 12:52:58 PM »
Something just stuck me as odd. The dragon zombie has the blue eyes like white walkers, the wights do not have those. Of course, I might be giving the show creators too much credit thinking they care about internal consistency.

Also, Arya doesn't really have a place in this new Westeros where old enemies are forging alliances. John Snow is in cahoots with Tyrion Lannister, and they're on the verge of calling a temporary truce with Cersei, while Arya is still stuck being a vengeful ball of rage. I imagine a Scott Evil scenario playing out with her.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:57:41 PM by agrajag »

Dennis

« Reply #526 on: August 22, 2017, 01:02:28 PM »

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #527 on: August 22, 2017, 01:06:41 PM »
Something just stuck me as odd. The dragon zombie has the blue eyes like white walkers, the wights do not have those. Of course, I might be giving the show creators too much credit thinking they care about internal consistency.

Also, Arya doesn't really have a place in this new Westeros where old enemies are forging alliances. John Snow is in cahoots with Tyrion Lannister, and they're on the verge of calling a temporary truce with Cersei, while Arya is still stuck being a vengeful ball of rage. I imagine a Scott Evil scenario playing out with her.

The wights have blue eyes in the books, but I guess the show hasn't been consistent on the vfx front for them. The zombie polar bear had blue eyes though.
MMA

Raist

« Reply #528 on: August 22, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »

They do. Just not as flashy as the WW/Vyserion.

A lot of them also just don't have eyes period.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #529 on: August 22, 2017, 02:42:10 PM »
Guessing the ice dragon freezes the sea and they go around the wall and then the spells broken and it just falls

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #530 on: August 22, 2017, 04:15:22 PM »
nah, that doesn't give enough of an oomph.  Definitely going to burn down the wall.
püp

Tasty

« Reply #531 on: August 22, 2017, 07:04:34 PM »

Actually pretty good.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #532 on: August 22, 2017, 07:53:50 PM »
Whatever happened to the zombie baby?

team filler

• filler
  • filler