Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons  (Read 138397 times)

magus

• LIKES FF7
Re: Puzzle and Dragons
« Reply #720 on: November 28, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »
Horus & Isis evo revealed,they have two evo... one standard and one that requires that dumb triplit descend... the standard one gets sub element equal to their own element and their leader skill is upgraded to an extra 0.5x when all element attack and the triplit one get light sub element and an extra x1 when all element attacks,so descend horus now gets x5 and descend isis get x4

horus buff kinda makes me angry,that makes ra almost completly useless
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:57:37 AM by magus »
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #721 on: November 28, 2013, 12:26:14 PM »
I've hit a rough patch with my godless team.  Basically I can only do levels now when I have odin as a friend.

I have 35 stones though.  Will the next godfest be good?

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #722 on: November 28, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »
I've hit a rough patch with my godless team.  Basically I can only do levels now when I have odin as a friend.

I have 35 stones though.  Will the next godfest be good?

the next godfest will probably have chinese,the light chinese is considered to be the best monster of the game

so signs point to yes
<----

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #723 on: November 28, 2013, 04:12:35 PM »
Dammit, if Dark Izanagi were a devil, he'd be the ultimate sub on a Satan team.

« Reply #724 on: November 29, 2013, 01:04:27 AM »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #725 on: November 29, 2013, 06:14:34 AM »
:lawd :mouf :aah :noah

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:16:13 AM by magus »
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #726 on: November 29, 2013, 10:25:17 AM »
So its no specific set of gods this time?

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #727 on: November 29, 2013, 11:27:11 AM »
So its no specific set of gods this time?

it's chinese/japan 2.0... point is chinese is one of the best set and japan 2.0 probably ranks pretty high too... i doubt we will have such a good godfest in a while
<----

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #728 on: November 29, 2013, 02:22:10 PM »
I'm gonna throw ALL MY MONEY at this (no I'm not)
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #729 on: November 29, 2013, 02:51:32 PM »
I'm gonna throw ALL MY MONEY at this (no I'm not)

i have enough stones for 8 roll... we'll see who will laugh when i'll have my shiny 8 pierd... err i mean kirin,yes kirin
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #730 on: November 29, 2013, 04:32:57 PM »
Nice! I'll have enough for 3 on my non-IAP account, and just got a $25 itunes gift card from my dad while I was in town to use on my IAP account, which means a total of up to 7 rolls on that one.
yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #731 on: November 30, 2013, 11:19:39 PM »
Got evolved Gods of game and fish on my main account and Hattori Hanzo and Amaterasu on my second account that I don't really want.  Think I'm going to level up Amaterasu and gift it to my main account

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #732 on: November 30, 2013, 11:54:10 PM »
I pulled four times.

Siren
Mystic Stone Knight
Mystic Ice Knight
Vampire

Fuck my life.
AMC

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #733 on: December 01, 2013, 12:50:08 AM »
How does gifting work?

« Reply #734 on: December 01, 2013, 01:34:00 AM »
I don't think you can do that at all.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #735 on: December 01, 2013, 01:45:30 AM »
You can't.

Pulled 3 times on my non-IAP account, got Okuninushi, mermaid, dryad. FML.  I will never be able to reliably hit 6 combos, so he's f'n useless to me.  Sigh. Should have just got 75 box spaces.
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #736 on: December 01, 2013, 06:30:22 AM »
How does gifting work?

you select someone in your friend list and you both receive a starter dragon with a +3 on it

did 4 of the 7 pull i had

1. flame golem with a +
2. cupid
3. succubus
4. succubus

...sigh

EDIT: allright so for shits & giggles i asked my mother to do the remaining 3 pulls... she pulled

1. archangel lucifer
2. umi&yama
3. kirin

does the game hate my face? i'm starting to think that's the problem... oh also i think i just won the REM :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 06:42:24 AM by magus »
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #737 on: December 01, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »
I did gifting with my second account but I only got one starter on each account?  edit never mind.  returned to title screen and got it.

I just got an evolved uni&yami and I really have no idea how to build a team for it. I'm very stuck at the end of saints tomb-deep, twilight woods, and most expert specials. I only have 42 stam and a team cost of 64. Any advice on what to do with these?
http://i.imgur.com/0sktcDT.png
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:09:38 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #738 on: December 01, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »
First of all, you just need to grind ranks so you get more stamina and higher team costs. Go to http://www.puzzledragonx.com/ find the dungeon you can comfortably do that will give you the most xp, then grind the shit out of it.

Second, Uni & Yami have a kick ass leader skill, comparable to Kirin's.  Level your vamp and mermaid, they'll be good subs on that team, and the rider too.  You need a good light sub to put on that team, not sure who to suggest.  Find other Uni & Yami friends, practice your orb matching skillz on endless corridors, profit.

I gave in and cashed in all of my stones on my main account for 7 rolls... glad I did.  Check THIS shit out:

Kushinada
Izanagi
Kirin!!!
Dark Meta
Hades
Toytops (actually wanted one to add to my balance team, so no trolling here!)
Mermaid

:noah
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #739 on: December 01, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »
you might want to level the fenrir knight too... the point of u&y is that red orb are pointless so the more red orb you can eat away the better,but yeah you are missing a good light monster... you could attempt doing zeus tomorrow as he has pretty buff stat and gravity but i'm not sure you would be able to tackle it in the first place... alternatively i think the legendary light dragon might appear next week,he sucks but it's better than what you have so you could wait for that... scoring a light/dark or a dark/light monster would be great since that way you cover all the color needed for u&y with only 2 monsters

First of all, you just need to grind ranks so you get more stamina and higher team costs. Go to http://www.puzzledragonx.com/ find the dungeon you can comfortably do that will give you the most xp, then grind the shit out of it.

Second, Uni & Yami have a kick ass leader skill, comparable to Kirin's.  Level your vamp and mermaid, they'll be good subs on that team, and the rider too.  You need a good light sub to put on that team, not sure who to suggest.  Find other Uni & Yami friends, practice your orb matching skillz on endless corridors, profit.

I gave in and cashed in all of my stones on my main account for 7 rolls... glad I did.  Check THIS shit out:

Kushinada
Izanagi
Kirin!!!
Dark Meta
Hades
Mermaid

level up that kirin as i need more kirin pal :jawalrus
also gold dragon is in a few hours perfect to feed kirin!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:29:36 PM by magus »
<----

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #740 on: December 01, 2013, 08:16:06 PM »

Kushinada
Izanagi
Kirin!!!
Dark Meta
Hades
Mermaid

fuck you
AMC

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #741 on: December 01, 2013, 10:17:27 PM »
:umad
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #742 on: December 02, 2013, 07:34:44 AM »
when i got kirin and lucifer i tought "ehy my account is now in a better shape than creepy IAP account" but then he had to get kirin too and a bunch of other gods :fbm

ah well i have u&y so i can make more 25x team :teehee here's my current monster box

http://www.padherder.com/user/teasel/sets/

in other news alraune is getting a busty

wonder if they are going to busty echidna too,she's already super popular
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:41:25 AM by magus »
<----

« Reply #743 on: December 03, 2013, 01:27:59 AM »
Liking this padherder site.

http://www.padherder.com/user/pancakesandsex/sets/

Can anyone recommend me a few builds using what I have here?  I'm not super great at building teams yet, and I'd love some ideas.  I have the makings of a valkyrie team but I need a lot of leveling.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #744 on: December 03, 2013, 07:30:08 AM »
Liking this padherder site.

http://www.padherder.com/user/pancakesandsex/sets/

Can anyone recommend me a few builds using what I have here?  I'm not super great at building teams yet, and I'd love some ideas.  I have the makings of a valkyrie team but I need a lot of leveling.

haku/byakko is the most popular chinese god that isn't kirin and can easily farm the last level of the normal dungeons so if you built a haku team you could go...

haku/echidna/vampire/hades/d-w batman... you could remove d-w batman after vampire gets his ultimate evo since then he becomes d/w but honestly his skill is pretty good,other candidate you should consider are drawn joker (gets d/w too),loki and in a minor measure the dark mystic knight and vritra... you could replace echidna with d/l batman but then you would need another fire monster and i don't really see anything fire that's worth using there (maybe gigas for his huge hp buff or mitsuki so you can turn all orbs you don't use into dark orbs with vampire) 

alternatively you could try building an astaroth team,the result is often similiar to what AA lucifer team do,in that case you would run astaroth,drawn joker,vampire,hades and loki

it would be nice if you could geta hera-is from the next event,being a water/dark devil she would fit both these team and gravity skills are usualy better used twice

<----

« Reply #745 on: December 03, 2013, 07:40:38 AM »
Do vamp hades and loki all get a devil sub type?

Oh, they do!  But it'll be a while before I can evo them all.  I can build towards both options though.

I think Hera-Is is way beyond my current skill level.  Maybe if I capped one of those teams out?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:53:33 AM by pancakesandsex »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #746 on: December 03, 2013, 08:00:04 AM »
Hera is good too and she's the easiest descend but we had it a week ago so it will be a while before she happens again
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #747 on: December 03, 2013, 08:03:28 AM »
Hera-Is is tougher than Hera.  You also want to stick your Echidna on that Byakko team.
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #748 on: December 04, 2013, 08:10:26 AM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/03/tetsuya-nomura-square-enix-staff-working-new-puzzle-dragons-battle-tournament/

time for a belt dragon and a zipper dragon? a lemon dragon is already coming anyway

oh also while i'm here i wanted to ask you creepy,what descend have you beat? i think i'm at the point where i have all the tool needed to seriously take descend's but having an actual battle plan would be nice...
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #749 on: December 04, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
Goddess Descended
Hera Descended
Two Heroes
Hera-Is
Hera-Ur
Thief Descended

Ones in bold I've zero stoned.  I've only ever run shit on Legend, never tried Mythical.  Today I've beaten Goemon four times on Legend... no fucking drop.  SADNESS.

Magoose- put your shit into padherder so I can see what you've got and I can give you feedback on which descends you're ready for.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:56:14 AM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #750 on: December 04, 2013, 12:18:12 PM »
i put my padherder like 3 post ago and with the astronomicaly luck i had this chinese godfest i should be ready for every single fucking one as soon as i get some level behind my monster

www.padherder.com/user/teasel

i tried goemon on legend with kirin today (evolved and at level 30 something at the moment) but i had a bad board on the 2nd round and the ninja 1 shotted me... someone suggested that it's pretty easy to do with lucifer

one thing that helps a lot with color gods it's this site here,fuck up all you want before actualy playing the game :heh

http://www.maaak.net/pad/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:21:17 PM by magus »
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #751 on: December 04, 2013, 02:14:48 PM »
FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK

I've run Goemon 5 times today (zero stoned four times) and NO GODDAMN DROP.

Magoose- your main problem in life is that you don't have a Siren, and that your dudes all need to max out their skillz.  Here are your priorities in life:

1. The next time Echidna's dungeon comes back, you have to run the everliving fuck out of it.  If you don't want to stone it, then you need to do the math and get your xp to where you'll be able to run it X number of times to deplete your stamina, and on the last one you rank up and refresh.  Start it right at 3 am, do that, and then run it again to drain your stamina.  Then, wake up, run it again throughout the day.  You'll still probably only get 2 skill ups per time her dungeon shows up, but you need to start the process.

2. Mondays and Thursdays when Sea Cave Mercury is on 1.5x drop, you need to run the fuck out of the 2nd stage to try and get a Mermaid.  If Healer girls ever show up at an increased rate on the PAL egg machine, cash in your points on that.  Once you get a Mermaid, you need to max skill her too, but that's way easier- Marine Goblins drop on Sea Cave Mercury, so run the fuck out of it to get them.

3. Since you DON'T have a Siren currently, you need to focus on getting as many skill ups for your Pierdra as possible so you can use him in a dark team.  Run the fuck out of Dragon in Motley this weekend when it's on x2 drop- use the stamina math trick I talked about for Echidna's dungeon.  Hoard any drops until the next x2 skill up event comes around.

4. Evolve and dump as much xp as possible into your Lucifer.  Also, any plus eggs should go to either Valk or Lucifer.  x2 RCV (x4 with Lucifer friend) makes such a big fucking difference on Descends.

5. Farm Baddies and Amelits on the last stage of the first dark dungeon, especially whenever it's on 1/2 stamina.  Use those to skill up your Chaos Dragon Knight.

Now, normally Hera or 2 Heroes would be the first descend you should tackle... but I wouldn't fuck with Hera until you have a Siren with a bunch of skill ups, and besides you already have a Hera (guessing from the rare egg machine? dunno).  You should be able to do Two Heroes with an evolved Luci team... try to level/skill up Pierda and your CDK.  It's a shame you don't have a CoC Glorious Healer, as those are useful if you don't have Angelion on Healer teams, and you can skill them up using the same method I described for CDK, just with the light dungeon instead.

Hopefully that helps.

Edit: I'm not as familiar with Kirin teams, but again it seems to me that lack of a Siren hurts you there, and you also need to skill up your Echidna for that too.  Forgot to mention- when poring tower comes back, run the fuck out of it to skill up your Valk.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:17:18 PM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #752 on: December 04, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »
uh i've actualy 0 stoned both hera and two heroes (that's where the berserk come's from) already with valkyrie and i do have a max skilled heart maker in megalodran... and yeah lucifer is getting some love as soon as i get some dark XP... i was asking more for the harder descends since i'm starting to wonder if i should cheese some stuff like goemon and zeus with lucifer instead of going full-on kirin from the start

and yeah i'm not putting megalodran in kirin because it eats precious fire orb... would be nice if i had angelion but...

i do have CoC healer,i just haven't paid her much attention since she's basicaly a dumber version of angelion and it feels like a waste to level a gimped monster

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:42:39 PM by magus »
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #753 on: December 04, 2013, 03:19:48 PM »
It is, but it will help you farming a whole lot to have something to do with those dark orbs on your healer team.

Once you have a better dark team, I would try Goddess Descended- not just to see if you can do it, but because having two WR Valks on your healer team is :noah

Also- sixth time is apparently the charm.  40% drop rate my fat white ass, but I've got my Goemon now.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:22:28 PM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #754 on: December 04, 2013, 04:27:27 PM »
Here's my junk (most of it, crap like ripper dragons, and even some good stuff like Astaroth, Parvati, etc hasn't been added yet, got bored of it)

http://www.padherder.com/user/herpaderp/
yar

Takao

« Reply #755 on: December 05, 2013, 12:12:42 AM »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #756 on: December 05, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
that looks pretty and it's nice to see nomura doing some animu design for once even if they look somewhat generic...

apparently it's mostly a vs game against other player but there is a story mode too,would be nice to see PAD on a console :gladbron

here's a monster that's not in the cellphone version

oh and the wood pirate has been unveiled

the black/dark pirate is going to be so cool
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:27:38 PM by magus »
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #757 on: December 05, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »
I've been kicking pure ass now that I have umi and yami. 

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #758 on: December 06, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »
next godfest is a "build your own godfest" deal

https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-north-america-gungho/players-choice-godfest-survey/743612959000632

i'd be really pissed if it wasn't for the fact that i got both kirin and lucifer from the last godfest anyway
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #759 on: December 06, 2013, 10:12:48 PM »
I voted for Byakko.  Although, from what I've been reading between what I already had and getting Dark Metatron and Kirin in the last Godfest, plus Goemon from his descend, I can probably do anything in the game now.

GIVE US A FUCK TON OF TAMADRA GUNG HO
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #760 on: December 07, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »
Wonder what skill ups will be in it?

*Gunma is invading!!!*
[Duration] 12/9, 12:00 AM - 12/22, 11:59 PM (PST)]

A Dungeon from the game Gunma no Yabou (Gunma’s Ambition)—based around the Gunma Prefecture of Japan—appears!
What is “Gunma Prefecture” and “Gunma’s Ambition?” Read all about it here: http://tinyurl.com/kf6gro8

In the Gunma’s Ambition Collab Dungeon, local treats from the Gunma Prefecture become Monsters! These monsters also possess special Skills.

Use this chance to strengthen your team and increase the Skill Levels of your favorite monsters!

Skill-up season approaches!

edit: lol, worst skill ups EVER.  I have a susano and I won't be running this POS
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:16:58 AM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #761 on: December 07, 2013, 11:17:32 AM »
the leeks have iron stance if you have susano but otherwise it's a pretty useless dungeon... the other monster just skill up a bunch of dragon breath and the boss can be used to skill up minerva if you really have to use her

edit: lol, worst skill ups EVER.  I have a susano and I won't be running this POS

well it's nice to see them bringing more collaboration,i don't have any elemental but it would be nice if they brought capybara-san just so that you have more chance to skill up more "buy time" monsters

EDIT: forgot to add,the boss can evolve into something with pretty decent stat if you are missing green monster and while the leek is mostly used to skill up susano it's also the monster with the third highest rcv in the game

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:11:36 PM by magus »
<----

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #762 on: December 07, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »
 Finally evoed  my horus  today.  I really need a  mermaid and I have a pretty great burst/ healer  team.
vin

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #763 on: December 07, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »
Goddamn it a divine blue mask just will not drop. I want to evo my siren. 

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #764 on: December 08, 2013, 05:50:49 PM »
Rares at PAL machine from 12/12-12/20, so next event is probably running then.

I bet we get Noel dragons and Tamadras.  I have a shit ton of Pierdras I need to feed for skill ups, almost 10 each in IAP and non-IAP account.

Also, there's gonna be a Vote based godfest with the top 15 being included.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #765 on: December 08, 2013, 09:57:18 PM »
Stupid evo materials in the PAL machine.  Give us king dragons!

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #766 on: December 08, 2013, 09:59:07 PM »
Yeeeeeeeeeah, I saved my last couple days of 2000 points from the last event hoping to spend them on a king event.  Siiiiiigh.

Considering what I got on my main account on the last Godfest tho, I should never bitch about this game AGAIN EVER
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #767 on: December 08, 2013, 10:45:44 PM »
Yeah, for me getting a Kirin on the first pull when the Chinese Gods debuted opened up so much of the game that I can't really gripe.  Plus D/L Batman.

Anyways, I'm at the point where it might make more sense to pull outside the event, for a slightly better shot at +eggs and Tamadras, since Dub-mythlits and Keepers are the only evo materials that would really save me stamina (I get all the masks I need from normal dungeons).

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #768 on: December 08, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
Why the fuck did I keep pulling in the Batman event after getting Batman D/L and Batman D/D ON MY FIRST TWO PULLS. I WAS GIVEN A GIFT AND I PISSED IT AWAY WITH MORE PULLS AND THEN I DIDN'T GET JACK SHIT IN THE LAST GODFEST WHEN I SHOULD HAVE HAD MORE STONES FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK
AMC

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #769 on: December 08, 2013, 11:25:44 PM »
The good news is that you've got good enough leaders that if you have half-decent subs you can clear 90% of the normal dungeons.  Depending on monster levels and friend leaders, you should be able to crack the entry-level descends at some point (Two Heroes, Hera), and once you've done that you'll have a gravity user to put in your dark teams, which will open up more possibilities...

The way the game works is occasionally you'll hit a wall with certain content where in order to beat it (at least without throwing away a ton of stones), you need one of a small group of monsters (usually spike damage stuff).  There's maybe some stuff that you couldn't clear with your current monsters (and the descend monsters that will be available to you), but it won't be a lot of stuff.  All about leveling, skiling, and evoing your stuff.

I haven't pulled the normal REM for a couple months at least now.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #770 on: December 08, 2013, 11:27:49 PM »
Yeah, I'm just upset I can't really do any of the descends yet. I'm on Vesta Cave in the normal dungeons and Tower of Ice Water in technical.
AMC

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #771 on: December 08, 2013, 11:30:02 PM »
What teams are you running now?  A D/L Batman team could be really nice, though you'd probably need to hit some community sites to actually get some friends with the same leader.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #772 on: December 08, 2013, 11:43:39 PM »
I've been running a Batman D/D team that seems okay when paired with a Lucifer. In the team is a Chaos Dragon Knight, Rainbow Keeper, Thanatos, and Chaos Devil Dragon. I haven't really researched team building that much, tbh. I look at sample teams for dungeons on PDX, that's it.
AMC

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #773 on: December 08, 2013, 11:44:15 PM »
I had five spare stones chilin in my main account on the last day of the Batman collab, pulled and got a D/L Batman :heh

That account is genuinely stupid in all of the cool shit I have in my monster box, getting Kirin and Dark Metatron in the last godfest was a sure sign Jesus really does love me, which I already knew cause I'm not a Mets fan, but continued affirmation is always nice
yar

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #774 on: December 08, 2013, 11:48:02 PM »
I'd hope you'd have a lot of cool shit for the money you've paid out.
AMC

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #775 on: December 09, 2013, 12:06:40 AM »
HATERS GONNA HATE

WHATEVA, I FEED MY DOG MONEY BITCHES

yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #776 on: December 09, 2013, 12:12:55 AM »
I've been running a Batman D/D team that seems okay when paired with a Lucifer. In the team is a Chaos Dragon Knight, Rainbow Keeper, Thanatos, and Chaos Devil Dragon. I haven't really researched team building that much, tbh. I look at sample teams for dungeons on PDX, that's it.

The Chaos Dragon Knight's a really good sub on standard dark teams.  You'll probably also want a vampire to change hearts to dark orbs.  Did you get a Pierdra from the dungeon they ran the last couple weeks?  Cause that would work well too.

Thanatos isn't the greatest, but when you get to difficult dungeons that have light-damage bosses, he'll basically act like a dark Echinda for you, which is awesome.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #777 on: December 09, 2013, 12:19:29 AM »
Yeah, I wish I hadn't fed my Thanatos to my Lucifer, but he (Thanatos) had about 6 or 7 + eggs and I was feeling hubris, so I fed the fucker.

Orb changers in general are awesome subs.  My Ocean of Heaven farming team is Luci leader, CDK, Duke Vamp, and Hattori Hanzo. I can change all sorts of shit to dark orbs.  Working on skilling up Vamp and CDK so they're even more useful. Running Pierdra/Drawn Joker in place of Hanzo is fine too- gives you an "oh shit" out if you NEED healing, and combined with Vamp hits really hard.
yar

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #778 on: December 09, 2013, 12:31:19 AM »
Oh yeah, I have both a Vamp and Pierdra that I got recently. I need to start leveling them up.
AMC

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #779 on: December 09, 2013, 01:35:05 AM »
The game doesn't really explain skill-ups and for most players it's not clear at the outset how important active skills are when picking subs.  It's why Echidna's such a huge deal, despite having really meh stats.

I look at it as there are three main uses for active skills:

1) Survival/defense.  Lower damage for a bit, heal, create heart orbs, delay, etc.

2) Consistent offense and not getting trolled by the board.  Mystic knights and heart-breakers are generally pretty available through farming, and it's feasible to level up their active skills.  This is a big deal, and the reason Siren's the default healer (cause you can feed her blue goblins to skill her up).  Having something that can produce useful orbs every five turns rather than every 11 turns is SUPER convenient.

3) Nukes.  Skills that either do a lot of damage directly (gravity, Lucifer's lolcannon), or skills that multiply the damage you'll do from orb-matching that turn.  A lot of times this involves using multiple skills together, like two orb-changers plus something that gives you a 50% bonus on color damage, etc.

When you get to the descends and other tricky dungeons, building a team usually comes down to figuring out for each floor whether you can beat it and survive straight-up, or if not what skills you need to either absorb the hits or kill the enemies first, and making sure you have those skills available by stalling on the easier floors.

Basically, what I'm saying is skillz skillz skillz.  Pay attention to that stuff.