Author Topic: Game  (Read 334948 times)

Himu

This game is really good

THIS

As long as the game isn't being laggy and your hit impacts happen when you actually swing, this game is AWESOME.  Had so much fun in the 2nd half of Act I with Fatal T gettin loot and killin' things.  I like how the loot works in multi.  It's cool that everyone gets everything and then you just drop the good loot that you can't use to see if anyone else can use it.

Level 13 barbarian here and smashing stuff up has never been better.  I like the variety in the enviornments. 

1p the game is less interesting for sure.  In MP I'm skipping all the dialogue/cutscenes and just smashing stuff and it's bliss.  Don't care about the story when smashing is so enjoyable and I just want to get on with it.

My only worry is that unless your friends happen to be right around your level (luckily for me I was lvl.10 and Fatal T was lvl.12 so it was close enough), you'll end up either underleveled in someone's MP game and unable to survive, or overleved in someone's MP game and unable to get any decent loot/xp.

I like the story and characters and think you're missing out if you don't do the first run solo with the occasional multi. in particular, you miss out on the scoundrel.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
HOLY FUCK

DIABLO 2 FAN SERVICE ALERT

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the butcher :o
[close]

GOTY

TOLD YOU :P
yar

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Anyone got the $37 limited edition strategy guide? :lol

http://www.frys.com/product/6969607?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Himu

who the fuck would buy a guide for diablo
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
1. Find a monster.
2. Click on the monster until it's dead.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
dog

Himu

What is going on with my game?

It's laggy to a horrible degree right now. I just got on Act 2, and if I do ANYTHING, whether it's talk to an npc or do my mouse 2 attack, it takes 5-10 second for my character to actually do it. She just stands there.
IYKYK

Himu

I just hit leave game and it won't let me leave my game.

WHAT THE FUCK???
IYKYK

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
1. Find a monster.
2. Click on the monster until it's dead.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2.

you missed the "LOOT LOOT LOOT" step
itm

Himu

Getting error 3005 now. :(
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Finally died for the first time at lv14 lol

Game is super fun but I wish it was more challenging. I did one area that had some booby traps and a bunch of enemies everywhere, I'd imagine that would be super hard on nightmare.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
ITT, Himuro discovers 'lag'
vjj

Himu

edit: fixed it. what the christ. i've never seen a game have lag that bad.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:52:00 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
I had a few instances of lag but only when playing with Treesong. Truly he is the lightning rod for all Diablo-related woes.
vjj

Bebpo

How do you view cutscenes from past quests?

I finished Act 1 in an MP game so I skipped the end of the act cutscene because I still had a few quests to finish in Act I solo and figure I'd watch it after I had seen all the Act I story.  Then I played Act I solo and cleared those up and did the final Act I event and it just jumped straight to Act II without showing the cutscene. 

Himu

Go to cutscenes menu on the main menu before logging in.
IYKYK

Bebpo

Thanks.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I've had some weird issues where it repeats an animation but apparently that's common for people with ATI cards, plus I think I need to update the drivers on mine.

I *did* just have a weird experience with a friend, where she added me as a friend, I added her and her messages were showing up for me but mine weren't for her.  Don't know what that's about.

Back to PROJECT GOLD STANDARD.  +38% now.
yar

Himu

D3 makes me miss WoW. :(
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
yar

Himu

But the chat window is straight from WoW! And the interface! And the quests!

Oh WoW. Why did I quit you? :heartbeat
IYKYK

Himu

My hero:

IYKYK

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Shadows in the desert - like Journey except fun
vjj

etiolate

But the chat window is straight from WoW! And the interface! And the quests!

Oh WoW. Why did I quit you? :heartbeat

yikes

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:08:19 AM by magus »
<----

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Played some more, got the sword thing from the witch thing

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
god jesus my fucking wrist
pcp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Down goes the server, down goes the server, down goes the server!
©@©™

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
I just stopped playing only because the server is going down. oh my GOD THIS GAME

I've played over 7 hours and I'm still on Act 1 because I am totally OCD and have to completely scout out every area.
AMC

cool breeze

yeah, I get night terrors if I don't fill out every inch of the map.  End up walking in zigzags in big areas.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
So the US servers are down for you guys? If you switch to EU you'd have to restart a char right?

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Yes.

Server went down as I was in the middle of a long dungeon :(
itm

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I'm going to have to start playing on the US server with an alternate char, just in case

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Yes.

You didn't get the little messages? I town portaled it out of there with about 2 mins to spare. No idea if it will save my progress through the dungeon or not...

Shout out to Creepy Old Guy for the awesome Wizard orbs which turned my lvl 20 char into some kind of Greek God of Destruction. I don't even have to left click in most fights now - just let the passive defenses do their thing while i shovel up the loot. So beautiful
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
You may as well - you're always going to run into level discrepancies and such with the people around you anyway.
vjj

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I had dreams I was playing this game last night.  :-\

Level 15 chick Monk just got to Act II. I can tell this is gonna be a challenge already. :hyper
©ZH

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
is the server up yet

is the server up yet

is the server up yet
vjj

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Server, y u no respond? :(
dog

Phoenix Dark

D3 makes me miss WoW. :(

ugh, gross

A Recreation of Naxx for D3 would probably be the greatest thing ever

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Anyone else have an OCDness about uncovering the FoW, even though it's randomly generated?
___

Himu

I'm actually ANGRY when I load up a game, when I explored the FoW and have to do it all over again.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Yes.

You didn't get the little messages? I town portaled it out of there with about 2 mins to spare. No idea if it will save my progress through the dungeon or not...

Shout out to Creepy Old Guy for the awesome Wizard orbs which turned my lvl 20 char into some kind of Greek God of Destruction. I don't even have to left click in most fights now - just let the passive defenses do their thing while i shovel up the loot. So beautiful

:lol  I crafted that for you and almost kept it for my Wizard they were so ridiculous.  Something like 5-6 extra damage, +30 int, +20something vit. 
yar

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
lvl 23 wizard now, really loving the different loadout options. You can go super-defensive to super-offensive at the drop of a wizardly hat. <3
vjj

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Finished the game on Normal last night. NIGHTMARE AWAITS!

I am happy to kit out my Griffinbore friends as needed! Treesong#1905

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:42:08 PM by Howard Alan Treesong »
乱学者

Bebpo

I haven't touched the blacksmiith in the game yet.  Any reason to use him?  I'm used to getting all my gear from loot drops so I'm not sure why I should level him up.  Then again I'm not sure why I should be collecting gold either, since I haven't bought one thing in the game and my gold amount just keeps going up and up as I sell all this loot at the merchant.

Also I wish there was a way you could see if an item that you can't equip is some UBER AWESOME LOOT.  I just sell everything I can't equip to the merchant or drop it in front of my MP partners to see if they want it.  Would be nice to know "Hey, I have this AMAZING WEAPON that I can't use, I'll give it to one of my online buddies in that class".

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
You may as well - you're always going to run into level discrepancies and such with the people around you anyway.

yeah - i'm playing US if it's up, which it seems flaky - and EU when it's down  (zero queues! huzzah!)

did you have to start a new character or could you use the one you already had when switching servers?
dur

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I haven't touched the blacksmiith in the game yet.  Any reason to use him?  I'm used to getting all my gear from loot drops so I'm not sure why I should level him up.  Then again I'm not sure why I should be collecting gold either, since I haven't bought one thing in the game and my gold amount just keeps going up and up as I sell all this loot at the merchant.

Also I wish there was a way you could see if an item that you can't equip is some UBER AWESOME LOOT.  I just sell everything I can't equip to the merchant or drop it in front of my MP partners to see if they want it.  Would be nice to know "Hey, I have this AMAZING WEAPON that I can't use, I'll give it to one of my online buddies in that class".

It really depends.  Do you think you're gonna play through the game multiple times, especially on higher difficulty levels?  Then yes, you NEED to level your artisans.  If you're gonna treat this like a game you play through once just to see the ending (note: if so, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG) then you probably don't. 

However, you're not using your money for anything else so you might as well drop some on leveling up your artisans.
yar

Bebpo

What happens on higher difficulties that makes high level artisans useful?

Human Snorenado

• Icon

You need better weapons/armor and shit, and when you start a new playthrough your artisans are whatever level you've gotten them up to w/ your other characters.  So you can just go up and have them forge you a kick ass piece of equipment as soon as you're ready to equip it.
yar

Phoenix Dark

oh shit, no work today, the office is getting some new equipment installed :rock

I haven't gotten any good stuff from being an artisan yet, but I can tell it'll be useful eventually. I kind of go back and forth between selling blue items for gold, and salvaging them for mats. I definitely need more money

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Blacksmiths don't make the same thing twice. It's random. Convert all your useless blues for salvage ingredients. I like to try to make the same thing 3 times, keep the best and sell the rest.
Later on he can make rare and even legendary items I think.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Always, ALWAYS salvage.  Can't stress this enough.  If you need more gold, just find stuff that increases your gold find % like I've been doing, farmer is up to 41% now.  GOTTA GET 50.
yar

Bebpo

You need better weapons/armor and shit, and when you start a new playthrough your artisans are whatever level you've gotten them up to w/ your other characters.  So you can just go up and have them forge you a kick ass piece of equipment as soon as you're ready to equip it.

Wait, after you beat the game and switch to a new difficulty, do you have to start from level 1 and lose all your equipment?

Brehvolution

No, you will need every bit of what you have.
©ZH

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Your Artisan Level and Gold are shared between all players.

So (let's say) you beat the game with your L30 Barbarian. He hops straight into Nightmare with all his skills, gear, etc.

But when you start a new L1 Demon Hunter, he's on Normal ... but with all the gold and Artisan training of your previous game. So you can kit yourself out IMMEDIATELY with some awesome gear and blow through Normal like a BOSS.

Regarding "how do I know it's good"?

- If it's blue, it could be useful for you, but isn't worth selling/trading.
- If it's yellow, it's probably good if it has:
+Int OR Str OR Dex (useful to individual classes)
+Vit (ALL classes need Vit)
+Other stats, especially regen or life leech
- If it's a legendary or set piece, it's BEYOND valuable. Hang onto it until the real-money auction house launches.
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Additionally, on Normal, the levels come so fast that you outlevel your gear very quickly and artisans seem like a waste of money. On Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, having a top-level artisan is a must - you need his support to keep you going. (Or you can just buy gear on the AH...)
乱学者

cool breeze

are legendary pieces color coded? I broke down or sold most of my junk.  hopefully none were special.

Additionally, on Normal, the levels come so fast that you outlevel your gear very quickly and artisans seem like a waste of money. On Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, having a top-level artisan is a must - you need his support to keep you going. (Or you can just buy gear on the AH...)

do costs to upgrade get raised on higher difficulties? I mean should I just focus on upgrading them in my normal game?

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
are legendary pieces color coded? I broke down or sold most of my junk.  hopefully none were special.

do costs to upgrade get raised on higher difficulties? I mean should I just focus on upgrading them in my normal game?

I think Legendaries are Orange and Sets are Green. They definitely have unique colors.

Higher difficulties, upgrading your artisans requires drops (Pages of Training) as well as money. Also, since your Artisans are cross-character and cross-difficulty, if you don't upgrade them in your normal game, they'll be L1: Sucky and not able to make useful Nightmare gear until you pay the Normal price.

If you want to ignore them during Normal, it won't hurt you, but expect to have to stop and farm them up to snuff in A1 Nightmare.
乱学者