Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Rygar (RIP x2) will buy Diablo 3: RoS (PC) on March 25
« Reply #2642 on: March 05, 2014, 08:27:05 PM »
I thought Gold AH was dead

*puts dvds pack on shelf*

::)

They're getting shut down the 18th for good.

Edit- also, not only are the AHs (gold and RM) getting shut down... you can't even TRADE gold from player to player any more. That's a change that has already gone live. Poor Chinese bot farms. :violin
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 08:33:37 PM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2643 on: March 05, 2014, 08:31:07 PM »
Also, crafting is no joke now- I've crafted upgrades for my Wizard, DH, and Monk. Apparently crafting endgame level gems is a seeeeeeerious gold sink (talking tens of millions of gold n shit) so I think I'd rather be able to do that than have gear that will serve no purpose in 3 weeks.
yar

Himu

« Reply #2644 on: March 05, 2014, 10:23:16 PM »
AHs are dead on 18? Getting discs out.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2645 on: March 05, 2014, 10:27:46 PM »

They're getting shut down the 18th for good.

:rejoice
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2646 on: March 06, 2014, 03:50:24 AM »
I'm gonna be soooooo gold rich brehs. Selling all of my wizard gear, also I bought a source months ago for 5,000,000 and now they're (The Oculus) apparently part of some trendy pre RoS build, selling that shit for at least 50 million.

The Bore clan members that want any Archon crafting recipes, just let me know. I'll hook ya up.
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2647 on: March 06, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »
some impressions since coming back

-feels good man
-With respect to D3 combat and PoE, I think the issue is more about early game design, accuracy, and weapon speed. I honestly can't say my D3 Zerker feels better than my high level Scion. However when you start out at lv1 in PoE it feels pretty shitty, as the point is to rise from weakness to strength in later levels. From a presentation perspective, D3 made a better decision: you feel like the Hulk (or...whatever analogy suits you cowardly ranged fegs) from the beginning.
-Some actions just feel better in D3. For instance my secondary spell is Charge, and it's amazing. Whereas the charge in PoE is tied to your weapon speed, meaning it's slow as fuck initially. You have to invest into making it decent to good, presumably (I've never used it at high levels).
-Animations are better in D3. I like how it looks when I do shit

-Still don't like the lack of lack of spell diversity, at least for melee - I can't speak on ranged. My main attack is Frenzy, but the others (Bash, Cleave, etc) pretty much feel the same. I wish I could fuck around and experiment with a variety of shit

...finally, am I weird for liking that I don't do much dmg? I like positioning, strategy, etc. I love long engagements, taking forever to defeat champion groups, etc. Guess I'm just a tank by blood.  :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2648 on: March 06, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »
You need to stack more damage, asshole. There's being tanky, and then there's YOU. :P
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2649 on: March 06, 2014, 02:03:27 PM »
you should see the smile on my face when I see gear that's

-10 dps
+5 toughness
+7 healing
 :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2650 on: March 06, 2014, 02:14:29 PM »
You're not playing hardcore. There's no reason to do that! If you want to have more tactical battles, play on higher difficulties. Which, you can't do because YOU CAN'T FUCKING KILL ANYTHING EVER, even on lower difficulties, nevermind higher ones where enemies have like 300% increased health.

:beli
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2651 on: March 06, 2014, 02:21:50 PM »
I switched the master last night and nothing was killing me. Might as well try torment today.

Himu

« Reply #2652 on: March 06, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »
Jesus. I'm overwhelmed with the amount of changes.

I'm trying to find best DH builds post 2.00 and so far no dice.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2653 on: March 06, 2014, 08:10:15 PM »
There's this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11884138486

I'm using a fun semi-permanent strafe build on my DH, which you can see here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Triumph-1211/hero/5189519

Let me know if you need help gearing. I have a bunch of stuff you can have for nothing.

Some videos:

Here's one of the build I'm using on my DH:

Your gear is ancient, which is a lot of your problem. I would suggest just playing on normal with whatever skill layout you find most effective, farming gear for a couple of hours- you'll get lots and lots of upgrades. And, like I said, if you want help with some gear I have extra crap lying around in my stash. If you want to craft, I'll buy you recipes and you can craft. I'm gold rich.
yar

Himu

« Reply #2654 on: March 06, 2014, 08:16:19 PM »
Yeah, my gear is ancient. I tried master and fuck that dude.

Also that strafe video is so cool.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2655 on: March 06, 2014, 08:20:54 PM »
Wait, i should start on normal even though I'm 60?!
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2656 on: March 06, 2014, 08:25:24 PM »
Yes, difficulty doesn't work like it used to. Just bump it up until you hit a wall. My Barb only does Torment 1 so far, because on T2, elites and treasure goblins had too much health for my liking.

You will quickly find upgrades to your gear, it's all but guaranteed.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2657 on: March 06, 2014, 08:36:58 PM »
Yeah, the way it works now is that difficulty scales to your level. The different difficulty levels are for making it harder ON TOP of that. You're going to be facing level 60 enemies no matter what you do.
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2658 on: March 06, 2014, 10:01:39 PM »
Here is my monk on normal at the end of act 1:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zerohero375-1439/hero/41196458

Compare that to the loot we got on day 1 doing the same thing. I did craft the armor but there were drops that came close to being about the same.

I'd even venture to say that when I get this monk to 51 like the last one, this one will be so much more powerful.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:04:24 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2659 on: March 06, 2014, 10:05:18 PM »
Yeah, level 24 the first time around you would have seen NO legendaries, and maybe 1-2 yellows.

:rejoice loot 2.0 brehs

Also, you get a guaranteed legendary the first time you kill the Skeleton King. You can KEEP getting that guaranteed legendary by resetting the quests and playing all of act I up until the SK again supposedly. Gonna test that with my new HC barb "Puddles" momentarily.
yar

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2660 on: March 06, 2014, 10:28:39 PM »
Just got some legendary bracers for killing the SK and in the next chamber, I found set piece boots in an urn. :lol
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #2661 on: March 06, 2014, 10:33:31 PM »
Been playing less than an hour and holy shit this is a massive improvement to an already amazing game. WOW. :bow I keep getting new bows in loot that are way better than my current bow like every ten minutes.
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #2662 on: March 06, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »
Reinstalling now : :omg
___

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #2663 on: March 06, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »
:pacspit Blizzard not releasing the RoS on PS3. D3 was piff when I rented it.
reckt

Himu

« Reply #2664 on: March 06, 2014, 10:43:27 PM »
Vault isn't on my dh skill list ???
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2665 on: March 07, 2014, 03:02:24 AM »
Had an amazing time tonight. Tonight when I started I had 20k dps. Tonight when I stopped I had 60k dps and over 437k in toughness.

Loot drops are so much better, and I don't have to use the same weapon for like 10 levels anymore. :rejoice
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2666 on: March 07, 2014, 02:04:18 PM »
What does D2 do better than D3, really? ???

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780713
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2667 on: March 07, 2014, 02:56:57 PM »
Pvp, if that's your thing.

Basically, it mostly boils down to "I played this when I was very impressionable and have exceedingly fond memories of it."

After RoS comes out, there will be no comparison. So ready to get on with bounties and rifts.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2668 on: March 07, 2014, 03:33:13 PM »
Uggggggh.

I really should know better... I'm breaking TWO of my cardinal rules... 1) don't read GAF and 2) don't take seriously idiot dead enders incapable of actual objective thought, ESPECIALLY when it comes to either politics or video games.

But, here goes:

-Complaints about aesthetics are all mostly subjective, and a lot of what contributed to the overall "atmosphere" in D2 was driven in part by tech limitations at the time.

-People who are complaining about the fact that D2 was "broken" and that was what made it fun and D3 wasn't are high, stupid, some combination thereof, and never fucked around with a top tier end game D3 build like WW barb, CM/SNS wizard, etc. Yeah, I can play on the highest possible difficulty level, permanently freeze any enemies I come across while murdering them as a constantly super nova-ing death star that farts out killer tornadoes, but I can't break the game!  Idiots.

-Complaining that spellcaster dmg scales off weapons is also stupid. That was the design choice that was made and guess what- it works! It offends your tender special fellow sensibilities though I so I guess it sucks.

-No one has even gone into the awful, very bad, no good horror story that is limited respec. Fuck having to level an alt just because you found a new weapon or item you want to build around.

Having said that- D2 LoD is fun as fuck and an awesome game. It's a triumph of game DESIGN; D3 is a triumph of game ITERATION.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2669 on: March 07, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »
:comeon

There is a lot of nostalgia to it, as ever, but they're both very different approaches to the same core idea.

Not even going to read that thread, but for me: character customization and itemization. Loot 2.0 and RoS have and will improve the latter, but there's still a wide gap to other games, including D2. Character customization is still absent from D3, even with the Paragon points you earn past level 60 (and soon 70) and that not going to change

D3 is made to lead you to the one-armed loot bandit without possibility of failure. It's also made to be an ARPG with a big A, but that's not what makes me like it less. I don't find 'perfecting' a character as fun as conceiving of one and making it work, which is where D2 and PoE shine through their wealth of options which include pitfalls that D3 seeks to avoid.

Amazingly though people still ask where to put paragon points or what a good build is, even though you can re-spec whenever and however many times you like. Which is why D3 is the way it is in the first place. "Hey guys, what's a good build?" Fuck understanding how and why your character works. :stahp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2670 on: March 07, 2014, 04:01:42 PM »
You took that bullet for me, so...

-Complaining that spellcaster dmg scales off weapons is also stupid. That was the design choice that was made and guess what- it works! It offends your tender special fellow sensibilities though I so I guess it sucks.
Actually, it does offend my nerd sensibilities that a sharper sword makes a wizard cast their spells better, but it also meant that skill damage scaled off of weapon damage, which limited what you could do. Loot 2.0 fixes that to some extent (not sure how big it is end-game) with damage types and ways to directly scale those with +X% to fire damage mods and such...

-No one has even gone into the awful, very bad, no good horror story that is limited respec. Fuck having to level an alt just because you found a new weapon or item you want to build around.
I don't mind it because I actually enjoy leveling a new character in D2 and PoE. Not in D3, because everything is decided for you and there's little possibility of finding something you would stash for another character. But that game is built for leveling one character (per class) and perfecting their gear, i.e. spending 90% of their life in end-game, chasing higher numbers. Not for me, yadda yadda.

I concur on the other points.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:04:24 PM by Rufus »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2671 on: March 07, 2014, 04:08:37 PM »
People still don't understand how to build solid endgame characters, even with a very simplified skill system. I still see people running wizards with like 3-4 arcane power spenders... dude, you get one, two tops. Pick buffs and other stuff for your other skills.

I personally find the "no character customization" thing to be dumb. But that's just me and I'm highly spergtastic about this shit- I develop no "attachment" to any of my characters. They're tools that I use to murder monsters and get loot. I could be using a fucking cardboard box and I'd still play the game.

And I agree wholeheartedly about the differences between D2/PoE and D3. I love fucking around with PoE theory crafting, coming up with different builds... but at the end of the day, for me gameplay is more important, and the main attraction in PoE is wrapped around a game that doesn't satisfy me.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2672 on: March 07, 2014, 04:16:11 PM »
The "sharp sword" thing is so easily refuted... "wow I access the magic deep within this fantastical enchanted blade and channel my magic through it"

:P

That said, I only use wands on my wizards, because you tend to get more awesome class related shit on them as opposed to other weapons.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2673 on: March 07, 2014, 04:17:20 PM »
That's fair enough. I don't really mean to retread the same shit over and over, but I can't help myself.

Same as I can't help putting a godless amount of hours into either game, because I am damaged that way... :goty

Himu

« Reply #2674 on: March 07, 2014, 05:01:59 PM »
CoG: bounties?
IYKYK

Damian79

« Reply #2675 on: March 07, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »
Yeah the gameplay in PoE is kinda boring to me.  D3's gameplay is better.   IMO all they need now is better pvp.

Himu

« Reply #2676 on: March 07, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »
:comeon

There is a lot of nostalgia to it, as ever, but they're both very different approaches to the same core idea.

Not even going to read that thread, but for me: character customization and itemization. Loot 2.0 and RoS have and will improve the latter, but there's still a wide gap to other games, including D2. Character customization is still absent from D3, even with the Paragon points you earn past level 60 (and soon 70) and that not going to change

D3 is made to lead you to the one-armed loot bandit without possibility of failure. It's also made to be an ARPG with a big A, but that's not what makes me like it less. I don't find 'perfecting' a character as fun as conceiving of one and making it work, which is where D2 and PoE shine through their wealth of options which include pitfalls that D3 seeks to avoid.

Amazingly though people still ask where to put paragon points or what a good build is, even though you can re-spec whenever and however many times you like. Which is why D3 is the way it is in the first place. "Hey guys, what's a good build?" Fuck understanding how and why your character works. :stahp

I don't want to pool any of my stats in to a character in a game like Diablo. I don't want to start a new character over because my character isn't good enough to wield a certain weapon. Even during the days of D2, everyone asked "what's a good build?" which I think is a part of the red tinted argument Creepy was talking about.

D3's options are fine, the problem is that currently many builds aren't viable. However, like any Blizzard game it's a work in progress, and the means for lots and lots of builds is certainly possible.
IYKYK

archie4208

« Reply #2677 on: March 07, 2014, 05:14:08 PM »
Thinking about rebuying vanilla + RoS.

Blizz has a deal right now where you can get both for $60.

Himu

« Reply #2678 on: March 07, 2014, 05:14:40 PM »
I don't mind it because I actually enjoy leveling a new character in D2 and PoE. Not in D3, because everything is decided for you and there's little possibility of finding something you would stash for another character. But that game is built for leveling one character (per class) and perfecting their gear, i.e. spending 90% of their life in end-game, chasing higher numbers. Not for me, yadda yadda.

I concur on the other points.

With paragon points I don't see how this is a problem?

Get to a decent paragon level (30+), make new character. Start on Expert or Master. Pool paragon points into new character as buffs. Wreck shit with a good challenge. 

Sounds fine to me. Plus, Cajole told me just last night, he saved weapons for other characters while playing as a one character and this made making all his characters 60s a breeze.

A lot of the complaints here sound like,"it's not just like D2, so it's not worth trying to figure it out how it works."
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2679 on: March 07, 2014, 05:15:13 PM »

You don't need to rebuy anything. Games are tied to Blizzard accounts.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2680 on: March 07, 2014, 05:21:42 PM »

Basically, it mostly boils down to "I played this when I was very impressionable and have exceedingly fond memories of it."

After RoS comes out, there will be no comparison. So ready to get on with bounties and rifts.

hold on, you think D3 has better customization than D2?

archie4208

« Reply #2681 on: March 07, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »

You don't need to rebuy anything. Games are tied to Blizzard accounts.

I sold my old account two years ago.   :goty2

Himu

« Reply #2682 on: March 07, 2014, 05:23:15 PM »
A big part of the problem comparing D2 to D3 right now is that you're comparing D2 with LoD to D3 vanilla. Which isn't fair considering how often Blizzard tweaks games. Reading internet archives shows a lot of people were saying the same shit they're saying now about D2 in 2000.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2683 on: March 07, 2014, 05:36:42 PM »
Granted I hated D2 back in the day, but that was moreso due to jealousy than gameplay. All my friends used to play Brood War, but the minute D2 was introduced to our suburb no one wanted to play RTS anymore.
:pacspit

Himu

« Reply #2684 on: March 07, 2014, 05:42:33 PM »
No one I knew played Diablo. We were Counterstrike kids.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2685 on: March 07, 2014, 05:45:48 PM »
Brood War, C&C Red Alert, WarCraft II...all my friends were obsessed with them. And  then D2 ruined everything.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
we also played Pokemon :hitler
[close]

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2686 on: March 07, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »

Who here is surprised damian loves pvp? Raise your hand? Crickets?
yar

Himu

« Reply #2687 on: March 07, 2014, 05:46:51 PM »
My group stopped fucking with pokemon by the time we entered High School. Wellll, one guy got Gold/Silver. But Pokemon came out when we were in 7th grade, so we had a solid two year run with that.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2688 on: March 07, 2014, 05:47:31 PM »

No, not really. Saying that sort of thing doesn't matter to me.  OOOOH I'M A BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE LOOOOOOOK AT MEEEEEEEE

Who cares? I'm here to kill shit and get phat lewt. I don't care if my character looks and plays like everyone else.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2689 on: March 07, 2014, 05:49:46 PM »
I remember when the Japanese version of Gold/Silver leaked, and I downloaded it onto a floppy disk  :lol

We used to play Red/Blue nonstop. Although I was kind of at a disadvantage, since I was homeschooled whereas the other kids would be at school trading with a bunch of people. Then they'd come home and kick my ass with exotic pokemans

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2690 on: March 07, 2014, 06:02:19 PM »

No, not really. Saying that sort of thing doesn't matter to me.  OOOOH I'M A BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE LOOOOOOOK AT MEEEEEEEE

Who cares? I'm here to kill shit and get phat lewt. I don't care if my character looks and plays like everyone else.

But you can appreciate that some people like the idea of molding a character to specific drops and skills, right? I mean, I get both arguments when it comes to that. I can't speak to D2 vs. D3 too much since ultimately I did not play all that much D2 or really get into it. Shit, I think I may have played the original more than 2.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:05:48 PM by CajoleJuice »
AMC

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2691 on: March 07, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »
Get to a decent paragon level (30+), make new character.
Why would you though? That's the issue I have. Unless you're playing hardcore and your character died, there's no reason to level another Barb for instance. That's why I that it makes no difference "even with Paragon points." The points make it quicker, not different. I'm a "the path is the goal" kind of guy with these games.
Loot 2.0 now has many more items that will entice people to change their spec around them, which is a big fucking improvement, but it's not enough to bring me back, because it's tied to grinding. We'll see when RoS is out. Starting over as a crusader might be fun for a while, but I won't be there for launch.

Even during the days of D2, everyone asked "what's a good build?" which I think is a part of the red tinted argument Creepy was talking about.
That question isn't bad in and of itself. It was much more justified in D2 because you could actually make a shit character that cannot even finish the game. In D3 you can't and people still ask that question, which was the source of my frustration there.
What it comes down to is this: in the time I've played D3, I've played many more and very different characters in PoE than even in D2. Since that's what I enjoy about these games, growing them and kitting them out correctly as they do, they are the superior games to me.

A lot of the complaints here sound like,"it's not just like D2, so it's not worth trying to figure it out how it works."
I've very likely played this game much more than you so don't patronize me with that shit. Figure out how it works... Fuckouttahere. :beli

A big part of the problem comparing D2 to D3 right now is that you're comparing D2 with LoD to D3 vanilla. Which isn't fair considering how often Blizzard tweaks games. Reading internet archives shows a lot of people were saying the same shit they're saying now about D2 in 2000.
In what I find enjoyable vanilla D2 beat D3 even with loot 2.0. RoS could tip the scales and crush LoD. Though I gotta say I played vanilla more than LoD (that LoD Skellymancer though...). Grinding runewords...? Nope. Grinding for ever slimmer gains in general is pointless to me.
PoE beats both, in any iteration. If only it had the polish of a Blizzard game. :goty

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:16:38 PM by Rufus »

Himu

« Reply #2692 on: March 07, 2014, 06:16:59 PM »
I dunno. Switched to my monk SMASH this morning for a sesh and it's widely different than playing as a demon hunter. As a DH, I'm always laying traps and trying to lure enemies into them, then I shoot from a far, and if things get hairy when in a party, go cloak and go invisible, lay traps, rain arrows from the heavens and go back out for safety. As a monk, I'm in your face all time, every time. It's very different experiences for me, combat-wise, with a totally different set of priorities.

edit: Oh, you mean making ANOTHER Barb. Well, true. But I don't see how that's a bad thing, necessarily.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:22:36 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2693 on: March 07, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »

But you can appreciate that some people like the idea of molding a character to specific drops and skills, right? I mean, I get both arguments when it comes to that. I can't speak to D2 vs. D3 too much since ultimately I did not play all that much D2 or really get into it. Shit, I think I may have played the original more than 2.

That's the thing though- YOU CAN CHANGE SHIT ON THE FLY. It's AMAZINGLY adaptable. Say you get a sick piece of loot with "+15% fire skills" on it- just go in, swap your skills and runes out, and you're playing completely differently.  Now, what I think Rufus is saying is... "the journey of getting your character from the beginning to the end AS A FIRE MAGE WITH THAT AS YOUR PLAN THE ENTIRE TIME" is what matters to him.

Which, I don't understand. At all. But that's cool, people take different things from the same or similar experiences. Idiocracy is a documentary as far as I'm concerned; others think it's a comedy.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2694 on: March 07, 2014, 06:26:10 PM »
People like different things. I love having complete control of my character, and being able to make what I want. It's why I like PoE's skill system so much, and what I liked about WoW to a certain extent.

but D3 also allows me to be a badass tank so cool

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2695 on: March 07, 2014, 06:57:42 PM »
For instance: Melee DHs were a thing for a bit, until Blizzard nerferd their main skill because DHs are supposed to be ranged or whatever. There was no way to revive that build and make it viable again, since you couldn't directly improve the skills it relied on through gear or passives.
That's what I mean when I say "customization". Creating synergies between character stats, skills and gear to make a particular character viable, i.e. able to reach end-game and (efficiently) farm that content. There are more avenues for that now in D3.

Himu

« Reply #2696 on: March 07, 2014, 07:04:55 PM »
Good point. I don't even know where the fuck Vault is on my DH skill sheet anymore. It's literally missing.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2697 on: March 07, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »
That's the thing though- YOU CAN CHANGE SHIT ON THE FLY. It's AMAZINGLY adaptable. Say you get a sick piece of loot with "+15% fire skills" on it- just go in, swap your skills and runes out, and you're playing completely differently.  Now, what I think Rufus is saying is... "the journey of getting your character from the beginning to the end AS A FIRE MAGE WITH THAT AS YOUR PLAN THE ENTIRE TIME" is what matters to him.
Yup, pretty much. I stash the stuff that another character will benefit more from, with an eye towards leveling one to use them.
I play a Marauder in PoE currently and found Chain today, a fairly rare support gem that's completely useless to my Marauder and the skills he's using. I do want to play a bow using Ranger during this league eventually, and that support gem is perfect for Lightning Arrow, a skill I've never used before.

You could probably make a fairly skill agnostic spec in PoE, but you'd gimp your damage or have to concentrate on melee vs spells vs traps, etc. Gem levels throw a wrench into that, but it can be done.

Himu

« Reply #2698 on: March 08, 2014, 02:57:20 AM »

Who here is surprised damian loves pvp? Raise your hand? Crickets?

I'm watching this vid now and did Blizzard take the art direction complaints for D3 to heart? Because it looks very D2-ish.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2699 on: March 08, 2014, 09:47:35 AM »
The setting for the expansion seems more D2 influenced, yeah. Westmarch is a gothic looking city.
yar