Author Topic: Game  (Read 334926 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Diablo III Thread - Blizzcon Updates
« Reply #3300 on: November 19, 2014, 07:10:54 PM »
If it makes you feel better they didn't roll crit chance or dmg. And the attack speed is now useless since breakpoints don't mean jack anymore. So, they're kind of a shitty pair of Taskers.

But still, yeah.

:umad
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3301 on: November 19, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »
I'm also kind of annoyed that the new sets they showed at Blizzcon won't be part of the next patch or season. Was really looking forward to playing with the new Wiz and DH sets. Now I'm not sure I'll bother rolling a Season 2 character. (ok, probably will)
yar

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #3302 on: November 19, 2014, 07:26:53 PM »
I really hoped Blizz had gotten over the tendency to nerf whole builds to specifically target an obscenely high level build but that's what they just did.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3303 on: November 19, 2014, 07:32:07 PM »
Yeah. I think the issue was, it became TOO GOOD just like the old Critical Mass Wizard build... anything that lets you just ignore the game's content they seem to have no issue nerfing the shit out of. Oh well, I never really liked the M6 build anyway- I think the Crusader condemn build is my favorite in the game right now. I think once the new DH multishot set is out there will be two sets with varying endgame capable (if not as good as present day M6, anyway) builds for the DH and it will be better. Gonna suck until that happens, though.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #3304 on: November 19, 2014, 07:43:35 PM »
Yeah, it's just a problem when instead of working on more workable builds they constantly "balance" the ones that do work. :-\

Also with high level Grifts there should be a need for ridiculously overpowered endgame builds.  It's not like they're easy to kit.
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3305 on: November 19, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »
They nerfed higher level grift damage.

But yeah, I agree. I don't think the M6 builds were even as game breaking as the old CM builds; they just had a very non interactive gameplay style that Bilzz is on record as hating.
yar

nudemacusers

« Reply #3306 on: November 19, 2014, 09:52:42 PM »
lol the wd haunt change is something I can't see anyone caring about ... at all  :lol

some of the gems seem kinda interesting, I wonder if the shield life thing can be quick use of exploited by spirit walk :ohhh

edit: the wormwood staff having a persistent locust swarm could be useful, since it would free up a slot that costs a lot of mana to use.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:06:02 PM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Steve Contra

« Reply #3307 on: November 20, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »
New gems is awesome.  There's like 3 useful gems right now.  They should've thrown primary stat on them as well to encourage use.
vin

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3308 on: November 26, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »
When does new season roll out? I never managed to hit 70 with my barb because it was boring so I abandoned her.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3309 on: November 26, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »
Not for another month at least.

Bad news is, you'll have to start from level 1 again in seasons :P
yar

Fifstar

« Reply #3310 on: December 04, 2014, 05:05:59 PM »
The loot in this game behaves in strange ways... The game just decided to shower me with Marquese gems when the best gems I had before were perfect square gems, which is 6 tiers below Marquese. Also everything is suddenly like 3 times more valuable when and I got drop after drop that significantly improved my stats when I got only small incremental increases for like the past 5 hours before (basically through chapter 3&4). This happened about halfway through chapter 5. Not complaining that it happens now, just seems imbalanced.
Gulp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3311 on: December 04, 2014, 05:36:17 PM »
The loot in this game behaves in strange ways... The game just decided to shower me with Marquese gems when the best gems I had before were perfect square gems, which is 6 tiers below Marquese. Also everything is suddenly like 3 times more valuable when and I got drop after drop that significantly improved my stats when I got only small incremental increases for like the past 5 hours before (basically through chapter 3&4). This happened about halfway through chapter 5. Not complaining that it happens now, just seems imbalanced.

What's your level? Everything is based off that.  You probably just hit 61.

The short version is that everything about perfect square had to be crafted in pre expansion D3; when RoS launched, post lv 60 baseline was Marquis.
yar

Fifstar

« Reply #3312 on: December 04, 2014, 05:55:07 PM »
Yeah, I'm level 63 now, that explains it. Still, looting between let's say lvl 45 and level 60 felt like a drag.
Gulp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3313 on: December 04, 2014, 08:02:17 PM »
The game really plays two ways: beat it and be done with it, or beat it, then get to 70 as quick as possible because the game really starts there at that point if you're interested in playing it still. Seriously, best thing to do is level as fast as possible to 70.
yar

nudemacusers

« Reply #3314 on: December 04, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
yeah find someone to powerlevel you to 70, ideally in torment difficultly so you might get some dope loots. just know that even the little pissant rat enemies will murk you with a quickness  :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

kick51

« Reply #3315 on: December 11, 2014, 11:56:17 PM »
act iv was bullshit tiny, but damn Act 5 is huge 

also finally started taking some deaths after basically none in the first 4 acts (on the hardest they'll let me play right now at lv69)

witch doctor is tits.  think i'll try demon hunter or barbarian next. 

Fifstar

« Reply #3316 on: December 12, 2014, 05:01:31 PM »
Yeah was a bit concerned when I read reviews about the expansion but act 5 feels like the biggest act altogether (granted I got it for 20€ instead of 40). I think 5 took me more time then 3 & 4 together plus it has the most varied scenarios.

Hit just lvl 70 myself and almost immediately got a portal to the vault. Gimme that money :win
Gulp

kick51

« Reply #3317 on: December 12, 2014, 07:04:01 PM »
yeah, every map is huge and there's a bunch of them. 

Beat the game this afternoon.  Last boss was kind of a pain until I started making use of the roll. 

Really not sure what to do next, but I think instead of going to the post game, I'll see how fast I can level a new guy.  I have a wizard, barbarian, and demon hunter on deck.  can't decide which to play as.  Monk is fun too, but that's who I beat the game as on PC a few months after launch.

nudemacusers

« Reply #3318 on: December 12, 2014, 07:23:39 PM »
i keep meaning to try some weird builds, but i am in deep love with the jade doctor and i just cant quit :rejoice
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3319 on: January 17, 2015, 12:56:35 AM »
So, patch 2.1.2 is here, and with it Ancient Legendary items...

:noah
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3320 on: February 14, 2015, 06:17:36 PM »
Season 2!

I've owned this game since launch and I think the time is right to finally level a monk.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3321 on: February 15, 2015, 03:23:02 AM »
Season 2!

I've owned this game since launch and I think the time is right to finally level a monk.

Monks are super OP now, for the first time ever more or less

:leon

I hit level 70 on season 2 with my monk WildeHobo yesterday afternoon. Farming Torment 1 now :rock
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3322 on: February 15, 2015, 04:48:43 AM »
Season 2!

Monks are super OP now, for the first time ever more or less

:leon

I hit level 70 on season 2 with my monk WildeHobo yesterday afternoon. Farming Torment 1 now :rock

Yeah that's what I'm hearing. I do remember sometime near original release hearing they were really hard to kill because of how resist used to work.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3323 on: February 16, 2015, 12:18:25 PM »
Season 2 :rejoice

What is weird about this play through is that I'm getting socketed items but barely any gems. I don't even have the jeweler yet. Doing crusader again.
©ZH

nudemacusers

« Reply #3324 on: February 16, 2015, 01:24:40 PM »
i need to boot this up. havent played at all in a couple months  :'(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3325 on: February 16, 2015, 02:28:02 PM »
New season, breh. Let me know if you need to be powerleveled to 70.
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3326 on: February 16, 2015, 03:52:54 PM »

What is weird about this play through is that I'm getting socketed items but barely any gems. I don't even have the jeweler yet. Doing crusader again.

I'm doing adventure mode leveling because?!?! but yea, I'm not getting a lot of gems either.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3327 on: February 16, 2015, 04:01:32 PM »
I've already hit a waller mob before I was level 13. I don't remember ever not hitting one that wasn't very high level.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3328 on: February 16, 2015, 04:04:32 PM »
Keep hearing mixed reports. Is it fun now or just repetitive? Is the end game actually interesting?

Brehvolution

« Reply #3329 on: February 16, 2015, 04:17:33 PM »
Chasing gear has always been fun. I know you had a barb, PD. You should try a wizard. I had a lot of fun with a wizard.
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3330 on: February 16, 2015, 04:58:41 PM »
Keep hearing mixed reports. Is it fun now or just repetitive? Is the end game actually interesting?

I mean, if you didn't really give a shit post 2.0, or when season 1 hit you aren't gonna give a shit now so....?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3331 on: February 16, 2015, 07:03:51 PM »

Greater rifts offer up a lot of different strategy, even (gasp) playing cc tank types to draw aggro while other party members dps shit down at the higher levels.

The game is still all about gear though, so if you don't like that, don't play.

:yeshrug
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3332 on: February 17, 2015, 01:34:28 AM »
Got my Sunwuko set on my seasonal monk at around paragon 80. The amulet was a pretty good piece of gear.

:obama

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Triumph-1211/hero/57393935

Also got an Incense Torch daibo, which is just absurd- I can spam the shit out of wave of light and nuke shit like mad. Once I get a Ramaladni's Gift to drop I can reroll the socket to 10% dmg, then socket it and it will be a pretty beastly weapon.

Now to get this dude T6 capable and level gems.
yar

Brehvolution

« Reply #3333 on: February 17, 2015, 10:22:38 AM »

I'm doing adventure mode leveling because?!?! but yea, I'm not getting a lot of gems either.

There must have been an adjustment or maybe it was just leveling, but I got 30+ gems last night in less than 2 hours. I got 4 of every gem except topaz from one horadric cache and 3 of each from a resplendent chest. Plus, with the ones picked up from battle, I ended up dumping what I couldn't combine into the stash because they were taking up too much room.

I'm having more fun doing adventures and rifts than the story so far. Those rifts can get so crazy. :lawd

I noticed that after you technically finished a rift that it can go on for a long ways and have multiple levels to go through.  Is there any benefit to doing so other than extra XP? Some of the mobs I ran into down there...  :whew
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3334 on: February 17, 2015, 12:15:18 PM »
Nah, no benefits other than xp and potential loot.
yar

Fifstar

« Reply #3335 on: February 17, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »
I wish I could play the pc version with my controller  :-\

I mean, I get why Blizzard won't do this, but still, would be nice.
Gulp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3336 on: February 17, 2015, 09:52:52 PM »
Came across a goblin pack in a T5 rift just now with my full Sunwuko set. I palmed the first one, then dropped a bell and BOOM. It was like AIDS spreading or something. They all died at once and this was the result.

yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3337 on: February 18, 2015, 12:15:19 AM »
Blessed

kick51

« Reply #3338 on: February 18, 2015, 08:54:44 AM »
look at all'a dat juice

I beat the game with a witch doctor but for some reason I got cold feet and wanna do a playthrough with a different class to take them into the post-game.  but I'm afraid I'll just get cold feet again.

Brehvolution

« Reply #3339 on: February 18, 2015, 10:01:20 AM »
That's a whole lot of cheddah.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3340 on: February 23, 2015, 02:26:18 AM »
Playing a Sunwuko monk is pretty awesome. Crits for over 1 billion

:noah

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Triumph-1211/hero/57393935
yar

Brehvolution

« Reply #3341 on: March 17, 2015, 10:25:43 PM »
Public test area has some great loot and some bugs. Doing a seasonal character adventures is interesting and hard. I've already died once before level 10. The same could not be said about story mode. 4 legs on the first 4 bounties, but couldn't activate the catapults on the final bounty. :shaq2
3 leg axes and a helm. Not bad.  :obama
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3342 on: March 17, 2015, 10:36:18 PM »
RETURN OF THE KING

They gave me back my Critical Mass wizard. THANK YOU.
yar

Brehvolution

« Reply #3343 on: March 20, 2015, 09:05:20 AM »
Brehs, the loot in the public test realm. :lawd You get more legendaries than whites in these rifts.

Start a season character and do a set of bounties. You should get at least 3 key stones. Do rifts. It's been the most fun I've had with this game in a long time. PTR is 2.2 beta
©ZH

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3344 on: March 21, 2015, 02:17:47 PM »
Any word on a new xpac?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3345 on: March 21, 2015, 02:54:33 PM »
It will be revealed in one of three places: Gamescom, E3, or Blizzcon.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3346 on: April 10, 2015, 03:04:29 PM »
Patch 2.2 is live; each class has had a classic set (Inna's, Tal Rasha's, etc) reworked, and there are new lv. 70 DH, Barb, and Wiz sets too. Season 3 starts tonight at 9 pm eastern.

I'M GONNA EAT
yar

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3347 on: April 14, 2015, 09:50:17 PM »
Logged on to Diablo 3 for the first time in a year.

Played for about 10 minutes.

Opened a Vault. :lawd

Got Boon of the Hoarder. :lawd
©@©™

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #3348 on: April 17, 2015, 10:43:00 AM »
The game offers a LOT of fast gratification for players. It's hard to not step into the game for an hour and get something cool.

P225 now on my S3 wizard, have a real nice Serpent Spanker but still no Gift to enhance it.
hex

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3349 on: April 17, 2015, 11:44:16 AM »
Paragon 88 on my S3 wizard... it's hilarious how much just the 2 piece bonus on the new Tal Rasha set allows you to ramp up torment levels. I jumped to T3 from T1 (could probably do T4, honestly) once I got my 2nd Tal's piece. Sitting on 3 FB pieces, 2 Tal's, 1 Delsere's at probably 30ish hours played. No gifts for me either, Frag- rng is being rng on that front.

It's funny, but everything I keep finding is pushing me more towards a FB style of play initially- Cindercoat, good fire amulet, and an ok Maximus. Once I can get a Devastator plan to drop I can run 4 piece FB/2 piece Tal's and really blow everything up.

Also, apparently Blizzard actually banned some people over the bloodshard exploit that happened the past few days.
yar

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #3350 on: April 17, 2015, 01:06:01 PM »
I think Firebirds is actually really good for meat and potatoes play, bounties, medium level grifts and torment VI, but everyone is so focused on SUPER GRIFTS that everyone's sort of zeroed in on the Tal Rasha set.

I like to swap over my builds once every few days to keep things fresh, will try out Firebirds pretty soon.
hex

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3351 on: April 17, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »
Yeah, I think a FB set with 2 piece Tal's for the random meteor would be ideal for non higher GR play. My luckiest drop so far was a Templar immortality token, so now I only need 2 Unities to do higher GR in season 3.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3352 on: May 15, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »
Cow level event for 3rd anniversary... they fucked it up and it's not available in NA yet tho :neogaf

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48417-cow-level-event-for-d3s-third-anniversary
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3353 on: June 26, 2015, 12:46:43 AM »
Each new patch is bringing an insane amount of content.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015

Realm of trials removed, HORADRIC FUCKING CUBE which will let you suck legendary properties off of an item and then equip it as an additional passive skills.

:preach

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48452-diablo-3-patch-2-3-ptr-datamined-class-changes-set
yar

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #3354 on: June 29, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »
I just hope they do something about the utter dependence on mass group farming for competitiveness. Killed S3 for me. I'll still play when 2.3/S4  is out but only for the seasonal achievement path and not for the leaderboards unless they do something in this regard.

edit: also I am 100% HC in S4. I think in its current incarnation D3 is a very accessible game in HC mode, and 2.3 will make that even easier.
hex

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3355 on: June 29, 2015, 01:54:11 PM »
Agreed on group farming for competitiveness; I played the shit out of S3 when it started, and actually reached higher GR levels than I had previously, but it plateaued for me when I realized that if I didn't farm in groups (or bot to up my paragon level, which is a real problem these days) I wouldn't ever be able to realistically push higher GRs.

I'm leery of HC, just because losing gear (not the character) to lag or connection issues infuriates the everliving fuck out of me, and that's still an issue. Losing gear to my own stupidity or an unavoidable group of affixes on a mob sucks but doesn't enrage me.
yar

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #3356 on: June 30, 2015, 05:12:10 PM »
PTR is up, I'm going to go ahead and play on it. Just going to roll hardcore like it is seasons and enjoy it.

Alternative is to play the games I bought in the steam sale or get that Civ V or XCOM:EU play hour count about the 3000 mark, this seems better.
hex

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3357 on: June 30, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »
I've gotta work tonight, sadly

:fbm
yar

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #3358 on: June 30, 2015, 07:24:30 PM »
17 minute wait time to get a game instance  :fbm
hex

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3359 on: June 30, 2015, 07:28:43 PM »
That's actually not that bad, last ptr waits were over an hour in a lot of cases. Will probably get worse as the evening wears on though.
yar