Author Topic: Game  (Read 334962 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Diablo III Thread - Blizzcon Updates
« Reply #3540 on: July 18, 2017, 12:45:31 AM »
up to about t6 going by this chart https://d3resource.com/difficulties/

game wont give me the rathma legs and that scythe and shield everyone loves to use with rathmas tho

Edit: Just did the Vault for the first time that was cool
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:48:33 AM by toku »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3541 on: July 18, 2017, 02:27:43 AM »
I saw you online when I was last night, but I was too busy exploiting gobs to creep on you in PM. If I see you online when I am again we can do some 50s or 60s GR and loot share?

Also I didn't realize they would reset ALL NS GRs last night with the exploits. Did mine pre-Inarius nerf, and not sure I'm feeling 80s with the same set now that the meta has changed. Can't switch to the new Rathma meta since I don't have an Ancient Fang. :<

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3542 on: July 18, 2017, 03:32:33 PM »
the new areas are so good, the game feels really good

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3543 on: July 18, 2017, 07:00:57 PM »
It's still mind boggling to me that the Fueled By Death passive (one of the first ones you get at lv 10) still doesn't work two days before the season starts, about 3 weeks or so after the Necro released. It's kind of killing my desire to play the Necro in season 11 (and by extension, season 11 at all) since speed farming builds are so integral in the levelling/grinding process and not having access to that fucks you.

Anyway, here's a guide to levelling a Necro in season, and there are links to easy image guides for all the other classes if you click on the video and check the description.

yar

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3544 on: July 18, 2017, 07:18:43 PM »
Did they hotfix the broken post-patch stack displays yet?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3545 on: July 18, 2017, 07:20:54 PM »
Did they hotfix the broken post-patch stack displays yet?

I don't believe so, no. Hopefully they'll fix everything before Thursday night (lol)
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3546 on: July 18, 2017, 08:58:22 PM »

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #3547 on: July 19, 2017, 11:33:08 PM »
season 11 starts just as i need to stop being a degenerate and go back to work  :'(
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #3548 on: July 19, 2017, 11:44:10 PM »
i will get to put in some time on the second day starting ~8pm EDT on friday. my tag is quietID, going to roll a necro or wizard. will be down to hang and do some split farming.
◕‿◕

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3549 on: July 20, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »
I went to buy the new pack last night and...... I had already bought it last Saturday and forgot about it. :-[
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3550 on: July 20, 2017, 04:29:43 PM »
this basically what i was doing with 5/6 rathma (but that ring that reduces set bonus to 5/6) non season this week:

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3551 on: July 20, 2017, 07:22:33 PM »
Toku and anyone else add me if you haven't, Triumph#1211, I'll be on all weekend basically.
yar

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3552 on: July 20, 2017, 10:20:29 PM »
Has that goblin thing been fixed yet? Considering jumping in to grind out those dumb wings I wanted that you only get from the goblins

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3553 on: July 20, 2017, 10:44:38 PM »
Has that goblin thing been fixed yet? Considering jumping in to grind out those dumb wings I wanted that you only get from the goblins
Nope, I don't think so. :3

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3554 on: July 20, 2017, 11:02:48 PM »
Finally I can be the butterfly wing wearing dandy I've always dreamed of :rejoice

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3555 on: July 20, 2017, 11:06:31 PM »
Ha ha ha, good luck on that.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3556 on: July 20, 2017, 11:07:09 PM »
BTW Blizzard seem pretty lenient when it comes to bans for using exploits. AFAIK they've done tempbans for exploits in Hearthstone and Overwatch, though both of those were game-breaking bugs that more or less guaranteed a win. I don't think they'll do anything about bugs that don't directly affect other players

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3557 on: July 20, 2017, 11:13:48 PM »
got a unihorn

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3558 on: July 20, 2017, 11:34:44 PM »
BTW Blizzard seem pretty lenient when it comes to bans for using exploits. AFAIK they've done tempbans for exploits in Hearthstone and Overwatch, though both of those were game-breaking bugs that more or less guaranteed a win. I don't think they'll do anything about bugs that don't directly affect other players
They're very fast with banning users for exploiting. But this gob area was either done on purpose, or they're intentionally leaving it for now. I don't think users can gain too much from farming it, because of how low drop rate the wings have. I did get tons of mats though. But they've patched/hotfixed the game twice since then, and they never mentioned anything about the gobs.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3559 on: July 21, 2017, 03:54:03 PM »
Haedrigs gift is still the item reward for season journey milestones right? I just finished chapter II and it said "reward: item" when it popped, but there's nothing in my inventory

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3560 on: July 21, 2017, 06:31:30 PM »
Haedrigs gift is still the item reward for season journey milestones right? I just finished chapter II and it said "reward: item" when it popped, but there's nothing in my inventory

Check the bottom left of the screen, you have to claim it from your messages
yar

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3561 on: July 22, 2017, 10:11:49 AM »

Check the bottom left of the screen, you have to claim it from your messages
Oh jesus thank you, I completely forgot how this worked lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3562 on: July 22, 2017, 08:43:29 PM »
Got all 6 pieces of Rathma's set in season 11 now. I lucked out big time by getting the Jesseth Scythe/Shield set pretty easily between blood shards and upgrading a rare scythe into the Jesseth scythe, so everything was pretty much a cake walk on the 4th leg of the season journey.

Now to grind for like, 3 months or whatever.
yar

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3563 on: July 23, 2017, 04:46:13 AM »
Said I wouldn't play this season but ugh, fuck it. I need something else to prevent me from playing too much PUBG at once since I don't wanna get burnt out. Guardian here I come. :doge

naff

« Reply #3564 on: July 23, 2017, 06:52:05 AM »
I've still got to solo a GR20 and get 5 gem plans to complete chapter 4. I lucked out with an early fazuals improbable chain, now it seems i can v simply cheese anything in archon up to TIV with partial tal's set +random jank, also got to go kill greed for the $$$ so i hit 70 and had nearly completed everything. Finished GR13 then logged off.... Will finish after work tomoz. With that done it'll be the first time i've got a complete set in this game.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 06:57:28 AM by naff »
◕‿◕

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3565 on: July 23, 2017, 08:07:14 PM »
trying to get jesseth shield and scythe now while also farming but i yah

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3566 on: July 24, 2017, 03:08:22 PM »
Can you get the jesseth scythe from Kadala?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3567 on: July 24, 2017, 03:24:13 PM »
Probably but everyone suggests just saving rare scythes and upgrading them via the cube it seems. Lower pool, greater odds.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3568 on: July 24, 2017, 04:07:04 PM »
Probably but everyone suggests just saving rare scythes and upgrading them via the cube it seems. Lower pool, greater odds.

That. Roll shields, upgrade scythes in the cube.
yar

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3569 on: July 24, 2017, 05:16:23 PM »
The current Rathma + Jesseth meta is ass. I hate it so mucb, lmao. I wanna play Trag instead but RNGesus keeps giving me Rathma legs and even Ancients. :<

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3570 on: July 24, 2017, 07:39:22 PM »
doing t6 with this layout: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tokuvelli-1816/hero/92138600

super squishy rn but everything melts. would love to try a blood oriented build but nothing has really dropped for me yet so

:yeshrug

crossing my fingers tho: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/90751-bone-storm-build
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:09:46 PM by toku »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3571 on: July 25, 2017, 06:57:55 AM »
Unfortunately the Bone Storm build got nerfed- the proc coefficient of the swirling bone-nado 6 piece was reduced, which in practical terms means the Mirinae legendary gem activates a whole lot less, which means you deal a lot less damage and get less healing back as well. It can still do mid to low high greater rifts just fine (think 60-70) but anything higher than that it will be a slog. I'd recommend swapping out the Mirinae for a Bane of the Powerful.
yar

naff

« Reply #3572 on: July 26, 2017, 09:07:20 PM »
At this point i can faceroll TVI, TVII is fine, but i'm a bit squishy from there. looking for some specific stuff for farming: The Swami, Starfire, RoRG (did 10+ A1 TVI bounties with no drops yesterday D:), Nemesis Bracers, another Fazula's Improbable Chain, Manald Heal, Vyr's set (i have none). Have extra DMO pants and Tal Rashas chest (3 of each), and heaps of janko legendaries.
◕‿◕

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3573 on: July 26, 2017, 09:20:50 PM »
Finally got a better hang of this Rathma pet build. Think I got to 65 last night. I have the right items but they're not that good, and my sheet damage is garbage. Probably gonna try to push 70 today so I can at least unlock the Primals. Need to get more ancients so I can start auging my gear soon. Hoping to hit 85 before the season ends, but I don't know if I'll stick around long enough for that.

Also did the Speed Demon conquest last night in like a minute. Graveyard rift is OP. :lol

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3574 on: July 27, 2017, 12:34:57 AM »
I got back into this this week but i cant melt elites like I used to what am i doing wrong guys
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hotsauce-11313/hero/92217467

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3575 on: July 27, 2017, 01:39:55 AM »
you want green gems in weapon at 70 for the crit is the first thing i see

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3576 on: July 27, 2017, 02:48:02 AM »
I got back into this this week but i cant melt elites like I used to what am i doing wrong guys
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hotsauce-11313/hero/92217467
You won't melt much with your current gear, because there's not much fundemental to it (look at me, using all fancy words and stuff in English~).

I'll try to be as straight forward as I can:

- Like toku said, replacing your weapon gem with an Emerald should help a lot. This should be the first thing you fix
- Put a purple gem in your helmet instead, for now (later you'll want the Diamond)
- Never use normal gems in jewelry
- Always use 3 legendary gems, in your rings + necklace
- Your cubed RoRG (ring) won't work because it only works for 2 sets and you're wearing 3 sets at once. I suggest you remove your bracers (put on Reaper's Wraps if you have the recipe to craft them, if not, maybe check what else is in your inventory). Once you remove the bracers, you should be getting the 4P bonus from Rathma.
I know you're still gearing up obviously, so rerolling on your gear is probably a small waste. But you can do a little, to help you farm for gear faster.

But if you want more better rolls on your current gear for survivability, try this:

- Chest: Reroll Armor to Vitality
- Helmet: Reroll Life Regen to Critical hit Chance
- Boots: Reroll AllRes to Armor (same with your pants)

Just a small tip: Intelligence also gives AllRes, so you never want AllRes as a stat on your gear. Armor is important though. It's the same but opposite with STR/DEX classes, where STR/DEX gives Armor, so you'd never want that on your gear.

Since you're wearing 3 Rathma pieces, you should be using the Skeletal Mage skill. Your skills don't really compliment each other, so I would try changing them completely. The page is long so you don't *have* to read all of it. Just change your skills to the ones on the top of the page, and read the paragraph on how to use the proper skill rotation.
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-season-11

I would go with that one ^ while farming up some better gear. You probably already have some things in your inventory you could use - maybe you can share some screenshots here of your stash tabs?

Since you already have 3 Rathma pieces, I would suggest you aim for this build: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mages-build-with-rathma-and-jesseth-sets-patch-2-6-season-11
So change whenever you get any of these items, (although the Scythe won't work without its shield, so you should have both before switching weapons).

Sorry for the long post! If you're ever around when I am, we can play together and I'll give you whatever drops that I don't need. Doing loot share groups is a pretty efficient way of gearing up. You can also ask for a loot carry in one of the in-game communities.

Also, your Necro's name is hilarious. :lol
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 02:59:39 AM by Valkyrie »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3577 on: July 27, 2017, 03:19:42 AM »
got my jesseth scythe and 3 parts of tragoul. still at GR 43 tho

naff

« Reply #3578 on: July 29, 2017, 12:32:44 PM »
Ugh, mastering this tal rasha set dungeon is more of a pain than I thought it would be. These goddamn  worms, I have a strat to avoid them and complete the dungeon reliably now, but kept missing one or two of the critters. Got to the end before with 1:50 left, searching for the last 2 critters throughout the dungeon with n on luck heh... Set dungeon def has potential, feels cheap though.

Liking my current build anyway https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/quietID-1481/hero/92426673 in dense rifts I rarely go below 4 tal stacks. I don't use archon a lot atm, not sure what to swap with. Something defensive I guess.

Missing a lot of stuff for the top meta builds, but Im enjoying brewing in the mid/jank tier atm and using what I've got on hand. Comfortably grinding TVII atm.
◕‿◕

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3579 on: July 31, 2017, 11:19:16 AM »
Tried the Trag'Oul Corpse Lance meta build, but the insane amount of TPing and button mashing required put me off too much. The videos look worse than the old high CDR Wand of Woh builds.

Back to Rathma. lol

naff

« Reply #3580 on: July 31, 2017, 09:45:01 PM »
ha. I was really looking out for a wand of woh for a fireblast farmer last night, instead i found an aether walker, half of vyr's set, the rest of firebirds, and a swami :p i threw something together with sages set for farming with aether walker and farmed DBs all night, finished up crafting an ancient aether walker that seemed pretty dece and consumed my ramaladni's gift on it. not sure this was a wise move... oh well.
◕‿◕

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3581 on: August 01, 2017, 12:20:56 AM »
Wiz has the best DB speed farming set up in the game, imo. Tal's & Aether Walker are too strong to compete with.
yar

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3582 on: August 01, 2017, 12:30:16 AM »
Yeah, definitely. I'm probably not gonna roll another necro for a long time. :lol

Gonna rebirth my OG wiz next season.

naff

« Reply #3583 on: August 01, 2017, 12:45:20 AM »
Aether Walker does seem ridiculous and OP for farming. Tossing between Necro, Witch Doctor or Barbarian next. I like the idea of playing a Barb. WW Barb and Hammerdin were my favourites in D2.
◕‿◕

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3584 on: August 01, 2017, 01:00:52 AM »
It's not OP - most classes have infinite TP options. Wiz and Monks have it extra easy, it's just pretty painful for the Necro without shittons of CDR. Argh, I miss my Wizard. Might actually do a rebirth this week instead, even though I already got my Haedrig's. :lol

naff

« Reply #3585 on: August 01, 2017, 01:20:12 AM »
heh, im a massive scrub, and too lazy to read up on everything. just figuring it out as i go. i even thought you could still trade general items in D3 til the other day lol. yeah i remember monk having something similar when i first played, though i haven't touched any class but wiz since i came back.

◕‿◕

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3586 on: August 01, 2017, 08:48:25 AM »
Finally had a chance to start the new season with the Necro. Corpse blast is just fun to watch.
©ZH

naff

« Reply #3587 on: August 01, 2017, 05:07:33 PM »
Got a few pretty decent ancient pieces. Might try some LoN build later. For now, just need a manald heal to complete an entry level lightning archon wiz. Haven't been doing GRs but I stockpiled 40 or so keystones the other day, hopefully I hit the manald tonight and can start some solo pushing  :-*
◕‿◕

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3588 on: August 02, 2017, 11:45:51 PM »
Obligatory "warning, Kotaku link" but I found this to be a fascinating (if long) look into the launch of D3. Game has come a long way.

http://kotaku.com/how-blizzard-saved-diablo-iii-from-disaster-1797427650
yar

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3589 on: August 07, 2017, 10:16:37 AM »
Did a painless GR82 with my shitty Rathma gear (no aug, 3 ancients) and felt good about it. But then I checked my friendlist and one of them is at 102 solo. wtf, ok bye boy

naff

« Reply #3590 on: August 08, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »
the last 2 runs i did i got 2 different wand legend drops.... both ancient sloraks madness  :doge

still waiting for dat manald heal or wand of woh. dont have a lot of time to put into grindan atm so i jus gotta pray to rngesus i guess.
◕‿◕

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3591 on: August 08, 2017, 07:39:29 PM »
Why do you want Woh? It's all about the Starfire. 🔥

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3592 on: August 11, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »
*Uninstalls D3 forever*

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3593 on: August 11, 2017, 02:35:59 PM »
Niiiiiiiiice. I still have 2 more for Conqueror so I can get one of the last 2 extra stash tabs I'm eligible for. T13 rift in under 5 minutes and 1 more conquest is all I need. Just gotta put the time in, and then I'm probably gonna get balls deep in Path of Exile now that the expansion is out.
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3594 on: August 11, 2017, 03:21:08 PM »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3595 on: August 11, 2017, 10:11:04 PM »
Guardian needs a better reward. I miss seasonal pet rewards! Give us a potion that will boost something, like a legendary gem or an ancient weapon.

So how does one get into this game for the first time?
Make sure you buy the expansion too. Just launch and go, its pretty straight forward! Do story mode (campaign l) until you unlock Adventure Mode, where you can do rifts (dungeons) to level up faster/get better loot. Equip whatever you find on the way, choose toughness over damage below level 70.

If you really wanna get into it, check out Icy Veins for beginner guides. But it's a very beginner friendly game, just load it up and start. There isn't too much to get into, so you'll easily figure out things as you go.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3596 on: August 11, 2017, 11:00:07 PM »
One thing I'd stress- until you're in the endgame (which you won't be until you have multiple level 70 sets for at least one class and are comfortably doing torment level 10+ rifts in less than 5 minutes) don't worry about cranking up the difficulty as high as you can.

The fact that you can is a trap. D3 is a game about efficiency. Yes, you can set the difficulty level as high as possible initially and then play like you're in a bullet hell game where one hit is instakill and killing a shit mob takes minutes, but doing so is stupid. Kill fast, get loot, kill faster, get better loot, rinse and repeat. That's what the game is about. Believe me, later on you're going to hit a wall where you can't do more. But don't do it too soon for no good reason.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3597 on: August 12, 2017, 09:36:40 PM »
Conqueror down, and I'm tempted to do Guardian just because I could. Would just need to go up another couple GR rift levels to get 75, then cube more shit, level more gems, and kill Urzael on T13 in 20 seconds. Is it worth it? Nah. I might fuck with it at the end of the season, tho.
yar

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3598 on: August 12, 2017, 09:47:14 PM »
All of those can be done in a few hours! I joined a public TX game and did split bounties, it was super fast and efficient. Urzael one too, I just asked in the Conquest community and got a group instantly. It's a dread but it's nice when you're done. The conquests were pretty easy this season.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3599 on: August 12, 2017, 10:24:04 PM »
I levelled a DH and have a pretty nice Shadows set-up with an Ancient Karlei's Point; I bet I could solo the Urzael if I had to. I hate grouping. :P
yar