Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1188313 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: Next-Gen Sales Thread |OT| We already sold all the sales. Sorry.
« Reply #7920 on: September 01, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »
A handheld doing better than a console in Japan? Wow didn't see that coming.

Himu

« Reply #7921 on: September 01, 2017, 03:09:51 PM »

Check the pre-release discussion for Switch and how Switch was oh so damned because of Wii U.

"It's hybrid and will do wonderful in Japan because it's a handheld."

"No it's a console."

"No, you're a westerner. That's how you will play it because that's how you play games. You don't play handhelds. Switch can be whatever you want it to be. For Japan, it will be a handheld. Here, it will be marketed as a console. There's no way this will fail."

*people keep treating it like a Nintendo console despite what I told them many times*

Morons. lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7922 on: September 01, 2017, 03:16:26 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1262160&page=1

please bump :lol

Raist, read the replies. Gamers are morons.  :lol
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:20:27 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #7923 on: September 01, 2017, 08:03:38 PM »
Wow wtf, Switch really is dominating.

The total sales for the PS4 in its first 26 weeks on sale in Japan is 665,760 units sold. The PlayStation 4 has been a very successful console for Sony in Japan with healthy sales.

The Switch’s sales figures are healthier. In its first 26 weeks on sale in Japan, the Nintendo Switch has sold 1,527,962 units. In comparison, it took Sony 69 weeks in Japan to hit 1,523,471 units sold.

To be fair, the PS4 launched when console sales were at their lowest point. Still over double is quite a feat.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7924 on: September 02, 2017, 12:04:17 AM »

Is anyone surprised at it being successful in Japan because of the hybrid focus?

If it's successful in the west in smoking PS4 numbers there, I'll be surprised.

Himu

« Reply #7925 on: September 02, 2017, 12:10:57 AM »
I just love how people want Nintendo to die so much. :lol
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #7926 on: September 02, 2017, 03:46:11 AM »

Hindsight is always 20/20 :idont

So it's another Wii U.

I am shocked.

Nintendo's last console

:rejoice

Seriously. Microsoft or Sony need to show up with a box of money and tell em to just make games. Each console is more of a joke than the last

Decade old tech and it'll take Ntards half a decade to realize it.

Carts  ::)

Whats the point

R.I.P. in peace Nintendo.  :success

gg, time to reskin more mobile games with nintendo chars because this shit is dead already.

I guess Nintendo wants to take so many steps backwards with the home console that the hardware is basically like a handheld :neogaf

Who the fuck is gonna buy a $300 handheld with the graphics of a $100 smartphone?

Any interest I might have had in this went out of the window.

This thing will be a dumpster fire.

The more I think about it, the more I think this system will be a complete clusterfuck. Worse than Wii U.

It will suck as a handheld and as a home console. The only thing it'll have going for it is the combined software of handheld and console which currently is separate (3DS, Wii U).

I guess as long as it has Pokemon and shit it'll sell. But yeah.

It's not looking good to me brehs. (Image removed from quote.)

Of course this is how it's going to play out. Anyone saying otherwise is deluding themselves.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 03:56:44 AM by Tasty Meat »

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #7927 on: September 02, 2017, 08:15:48 AM »

Yeah I don't get it. People are fucking idiots. Plus Nintendo can't/won't die. They have zero debt, an ungodly amount of cash, and are a hell of a lot more flexible than Sony/Microsoft. A healthy game industry is good for EVERYONE. People seeing failure in an industry puts investors off and people are more reluctant to spend.

You guys are fucking lucky Apple gives no shits about the game industry and Nintendo bounced back with the 3DS. 2010 - 2014 was a pretty crucial period for converting throngs of people to stick with mobile gaming and that fell-off hard due to quality control and lack of stewardship from Apple.

Himu

« Reply #7928 on: September 02, 2017, 09:26:34 AM »

Hindsight is always 20/20 :idont

So it's another Wii U.

I am shocked.

Nintendo's last console

:rejoice

Seriously. Microsoft or Sony need to show up with a box of money and tell em to just make games. Each console is more of a joke than the last

Decade old tech and it'll take Ntards half a decade to realize it.

Carts  ::)

Whats the point

R.I.P. in peace Nintendo.  :success

gg, time to reskin more mobile games with nintendo chars because this shit is dead already.

I guess Nintendo wants to take so many steps backwards with the home console that the hardware is basically like a handheld :neogaf

Who the fuck is gonna buy a $300 handheld with the graphics of a $100 smartphone?

Any interest I might have had in this went out of the window.

This thing will be a dumpster fire.

The more I think about it, the more I think this system will be a complete clusterfuck. Worse than Wii U.

It will suck as a handheld and as a home console. The only thing it'll have going for it is the combined software of handheld and console which currently is separate (3DS, Wii U).

I guess as long as it has Pokemon and shit it'll sell. But yeah.

It's not looking good to me brehs. (Image removed from quote.)

Of course this is how it's going to play out. Anyone saying otherwise is deluding themselves.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7929 on: September 02, 2017, 09:28:53 AM »
I hope these people don't gamble because :whew

A series of bad calls.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7930 on: September 02, 2017, 09:45:32 AM »
If Nintendo is gonna put out BotW caliber games, more power to them and I hope they stay around forever.

The fact that they put out terrible shit like Splatoon and Animal Crossing when they could devote those resources to better games they're capable of making is what is infuriating.

Sony and MS are like eating somewhere that's mediocre but reliable. Nintendo is like eating somewhere that every once in a while, they serve you this unspeakably awesome four course meal made by a true master chef, and charge you the same as the other guys. But most of the time they let their simpleminded child cook you cold spaghetti noodles with applesauce.
yar

Himu

« Reply #7931 on: September 02, 2017, 09:52:56 AM »

Is anyone surprised at it being successful in Japan because of the hybrid focus?

Haha.

"Handhelds are trending down. Dedicated handhelds are dead."

Here's what I noticed about gamers. That they tend to apply a fatalist logic. It's as if all of us have aspergers.

3ds sales 60m units. Vita bombs.

Gamer logic: dedicated handhelds are dead because vita bombed. Never is it considered that vita was just a bomb at the market. Nor Switch's capability as a hybrid.

WiiU bombs.

Gamer logic: Switch will be a failure because Wii U was a failure. Even though Wii U had confusing marketing and never really could communicate what it was or why it was needed. Meanwhile, Switch communicated what it was out the gate. Yet people continued to equate it Wii U. Marketing matters. It's like saying the ps4 is just another PS3 while ignoring the context of ps3's release (high price, no games, hard to develop for;etc). That's how gamers looked when they said Switch would be another Wii U.

It's really odd. It's like gamers have a short term memory. Companies are capable of bouncing back. We've seen it with Nintendo, MS, AND Sony but somehow, nope, Nintendo was doomed because they didn't make a corebox.

You say it's obvious but look at the pre-release talk of Switch and look at how dumb people are. Was the Switch being succesful a given? No. But it was very, very likely.

TLDR: not sure if gamers are trolling or stupid
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:02:55 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7932 on: September 02, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »
If Nintendo is gonna put out BotW caliber games, more power to them and I hope they stay around forever.

The fact that they put out terrible shit like Splatoon and Animal Crossing when they could devote those resources to better games they're capable of making is what is infuriating.

Sony and MS are like eating somewhere that's mediocre but reliable. Nintendo is like eating somewhere that every once in a while, they serve you this unspeakably awesome four course meal made by a true master chef, and charge you the same as the other guys. But most of the time they let their simpleminded child cook you cold spaghetti noodles with applesauce.

This says nothing of what you said how Switch would go, pre-release.

You can not like Animal Crossing and still deduce massive sales potential from the machine based on its premise. Comparing it to Wii U has never made sense, and the quotes Andy posted is hilarious fanboy war tier drivel.

Just stating facts.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7933 on: September 02, 2017, 10:02:16 AM »

this might've had more effect if you hadn't spent the last month making equally terrible predictions in the sonic and mario threads

anyways i hope what nintendo's software divisions takes away from the huge success of zelda and inevitably mario is that they can't pull that shit they did with wii and wii u where they came up with one template for each game and then cranked out sequels that didn't build on it in any meaningful way. it works for the kids you're marketing to bc it'll be the first in a series that they play, but for everyone else it starts to feel like old hat. and yes, i know a lot of those games had insane sales, but it clearly wasn't enough to carry the wii u alone.
pcp

Himu

« Reply #7934 on: September 02, 2017, 10:09:22 AM »

this might've had more effect if you hadn't spent the last month making equally terrible predictions in the sonic and mario threads

anyways i hope what nintendo's software divisions takes away from the huge success of zelda and inevitably mario is that they can't pull that shit they did with wii and wii u where they came up with one template for each game and then cranked out sequels that didn't build on it in any meaningful way. it works for the kids you're marketing to bc it'll be the first in a series that they play, but for everyone else it starts to feel like old hat. and yes, i know a lot of those games had insane sales, but it clearly wasn't enough to carry the wii u alone.

What terrible predictions? I never made any real predictions for mania and deduced sonic fans would like it based on pre-release hype. Now, the question of whether or not I'd like it was different. Not my fault I think Sonic sucks.

Mario, I haven't made a hard bet on, but I predict it'll probably be divisive with most people liking it.

In any case, that's not here nor there. And has nothing to do with sales. Mania will sell well because it's nostalgia bait. Odyssey will sell well because it's fucking Mario. Now whether Odyssey will be a good game, however...based on all reliable information? :yeshrug
IYKYK

Raist

« Reply #7935 on: September 02, 2017, 10:55:11 AM »

Yeah I don't get it. People are fucking idiots. Plus Nintendo can't/won't die. They have zero debt, an ungodly amount of cash, and are a hell of a lot more flexible than Sony/Microsoft. A healthy game industry is good for EVERYONE. People seeing failure in an industry puts investors off and people are more reluctant to spend.

You guys are fucking lucky Apple gives no shits about the game industry and Nintendo bounced back with the 3DS. 2010 - 2014 was a pretty crucial period for converting throngs of people to stick with mobile gaming and that fell-off hard due to quality control and lack of stewardship from Apple.

Mobile was never going to replace consoles. No matter how much cash Apple would have thrown at it and regardless of Nintendo going the Sega way.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7936 on: September 02, 2017, 11:14:05 AM »

This says nothing of what you said how Switch would go, pre-release.

You can not like Animal Crossing and still deduce massive sales potential from the machine based on its premise. Comparing it to Wii U has never made sense, and the quotes Andy posted is hilarious fanboy war tier drivel.

Just stating facts.

I mean, in a world where Donald Trump is president clearly all reliable prognosticators are liars.
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #7937 on: September 03, 2017, 06:37:50 AM »
I expected the Switch to bomb and I was wrong.  Oh well.

To be fair, we hadn't seen any BOTW-caliber games from Nintendo since Mario Galaxy 2 so it was almost a seven year stretch since Nintendo made a game that could be considered a classic.  I guess well done Nintendo games still do well.  Hopefully they learn their lesson and their future software lineup is strong and not Wii Music and Paper Mario Sticker Star type of crapola.
🍆🍆

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #7938 on: September 04, 2017, 08:21:12 PM »
This is why you guys don't get paid the big bucks like Michael Pachter.

:iface

Mobile was never going to replace consoles. No matter how much cash Apple would have thrown at it and regardless of Nintendo going the Sega way.

No but it had a very real shot of demolishing Nintendo's core profit pillar, the handheld market.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7939 on: September 04, 2017, 08:22:29 PM »
The only reason I'd get a Switch is for Rocket League, and even then I'd probably just get a GPD Win for that. :doge

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7941 on: September 05, 2017, 11:38:54 AM »
10 million Jesus fucking Christ
pcp

archie4208

« Reply #7942 on: September 05, 2017, 11:46:44 AM »
Ten million in 6 months.  :dizzy

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7943 on: September 05, 2017, 01:07:22 PM »
About $300 million in sales for a game that probably hasn't cost 1% of that.
dog

archie4208

« Reply #7944 on: September 05, 2017, 01:21:10 PM »
It's not quite that simple as the game is the equivalent of 15 USD in CN and RU, which combined make up about 25% of the playerbase according to SteamSpy.  There is also a loot crate system in place so they are earning more money via microtransations.

Tasty

« Reply #7945 on: September 05, 2017, 02:57:54 PM »
I've never even heard of this game. :thinking

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7946 on: September 05, 2017, 03:11:33 PM »

Have you heard of Twitch.tv?
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7947 on: September 05, 2017, 03:26:02 PM »
You may know it as PUB-G.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7948 on: September 05, 2017, 03:53:49 PM »
How is this possible for someone on the internet in gaming circles?

It's like not knowing about Dota, LoL, or even CS.

Tasty

« Reply #7949 on: September 05, 2017, 05:41:23 PM »
I know about those but deliberately don't keep up on the MOBA scene.

So this is a MOBA then?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7950 on: September 05, 2017, 05:56:52 PM »
No it's kind of like an massive open world king of the hill.

But I mention those games because like them it's also a pretty big PC multi game.

Raist

« Reply #7951 on: September 05, 2017, 06:35:47 PM »
About $300 million in sales for a game that probably hasn't cost 1% of that.

More like 0.1%. It looks like shit, runs like crap, is most likely an asset rip from DayZ etc, plays exactly like any of those games, and there's just one map.
And I bet they got an extra nice % with their MT bullshit that wasn't supposed to happen :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7952 on: September 05, 2017, 08:15:49 PM »
I mean I don't really agree. The game kind of looks decent running at 60FPS. Animation and modeling can be quite decent. It doesn't seem to be an assist rip of DayZ since it's running on UE4. It also doesn't run like crap for me, but it's not like I wouldn't expect bugs from this kind of game.0

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7953 on: September 05, 2017, 08:18:46 PM »

I've heard of it but don't really understand what the hype is over based on the little bit I see. I'll admit that online multiplayer PC shooters aren't exactly in mine, or any of my friends, wheelhouses.
^_^

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #7954 on: September 06, 2017, 12:36:29 AM »
Wonder when we'll start seeing real clones? Can't imagine publishers like EA won't try to brute force themselves in as they did with mobas

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7955 on: September 06, 2017, 12:43:56 AM »
gtav already put out a clone mode the other day. I'm sure the market will be flooded in 2018.
pcp

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7956 on: September 06, 2017, 08:50:22 AM »
Virgin clones

Nothing beats playing the chadoriginal.

In 15 years gaming cred and talk will be about if you played PUBG back in the day, the break out title in the genre. Just like WoW in mmo's.

Not the first one, but the break out game.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7957 on: September 06, 2017, 08:54:24 AM »
Wonder when we'll start seeing real clones? Can't imagine publishers like EA won't try to brute force themselves in as they did with mobas

This genre will be so easy to get a game into they won't be able to say no.

Just wait for the inevitable battle royale + here shooter mashup at some point.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tom Clancys Shadow Island
Battlefield Apocalypse
Overwatch Showdown
[close]

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7958 on: September 15, 2017, 08:35:10 AM »
r.i.p. volition
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #7959 on: September 15, 2017, 08:33:57 PM »
I assume that's MK8 DX.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7961 on: September 19, 2017, 08:15:44 AM »
I really want PUBG on Switch so I can play it always.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7962 on: September 19, 2017, 09:13:40 AM »

I want it on PS4 so I can play it, period. On my current PC, it'd be a slideshow.

Raist

« Reply #7963 on: September 19, 2017, 09:23:22 AM »

I want it on PS4 so I can play it, period. On my current PC, it'd be a slideshow.

I have a feeling it's going to run like shit on consoles.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7964 on: September 19, 2017, 04:11:52 PM »
PS4 would be fine too

Game will prob run fine if they optimize it

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7965 on: September 20, 2017, 08:09:05 PM »
It'll mainly depend on the competency of who ports it, and the engine on which it's based. Unreal is okay on PS4, and they'll have the xbone port's experience behind them at that point.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Eteric

« Reply #7967 on: October 22, 2017, 11:20:36 AM »
They deserve it. I still need to buy my copy.

Do you guys uh... Do Media Create around here? NPD? I don't know quite how this forum works yet.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7968 on: October 22, 2017, 12:17:04 PM »
Stuff like that gets posted here occasionally, but usually only if there's something interesting. You can post as much about sales stuff here as you want, though.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7969 on: October 24, 2017, 05:23:57 PM »
Latest NPD software:

Software

Overall - In order of revenue, not unit sales.

1. Destiny 2*  :patel
2. NBA 2K18  :badass
3. Madden NFL 18  :ufup
4. FIFA 18  :snoop
5. Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle**  :salute
6. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite  :mjcry
7. Grand Theft Auto V  :shaqc
8. NHL 18  :putin
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild**  :checkit
10. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege  :snore

11. Mario Kart 8**  :trumps
12. Metroid: Samus Returns**  :itagaki
13. Pokken Tournament DX**  :huh
14. Overwatch*  :money
15. Ark: Survival Evolved**  :iface
16. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy  :goty
17. NBA Live 18  :what
18. Splatoon 2**  :heh
19. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy  :kobeyuck
20. Minecraft  :oreilly
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #7970 on: October 24, 2017, 05:57:39 PM »
Switch's evergreen titles still out in force, crazy.

That's probably a good debut for Metroid considering it's on a dying, half-decade-old platform.

Mario Odyssey is gonna be a fucking monster.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7971 on: October 24, 2017, 07:45:33 PM »
Would have been nice to see Metroid in the top 5 and show Nintendo that people still really care about the franchise, though...
dog

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7972 on: October 24, 2017, 08:31:05 PM »
Who keeps buying GTA after all these years?? wtf

archie4208

« Reply #7973 on: October 24, 2017, 08:49:44 PM »
Would have been nice to see Metroid in the top 5 and show Nintendo that people still really care about the franchise, though...

Superior Metroid game Hollow Knight has sold 550k copies on Steam.  :bow2

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7974 on: October 25, 2017, 01:02:48 AM »
One of Falcom's PC games from about a decade ago is finally getting an English release:

dog

Para-Medic

« Reply #7975 on: October 25, 2017, 10:45:23 AM »
From 4Gamer/Gematsu here is the latest Media Create Sales. Oct.16th -22nd 2017.

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

[PS4] Gran Turismo Sport (Limited Edition Included) (SIE, 10/19/17) – 150,286 (New)
    [PS4] City Shrouded in Shadow (Bandai Namco, 10/19/17) – 48,935 (New)
    [PS4] The Evil Within 2 (Bethesda Softworks, 10/19/17) – 42,941 (New)
    [PS4] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary (Square Enix, 10/19/17) – 42,092 (New)
    [PSV] Uta no Prince-sama: Amazing Aria & Sweet Serenade Love (Broccoli, 10/19/17) – 19,904 (New)
    [PSV] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary (Square Enix, 10/19/17) – 18,784 (New)
    [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 16,483 (1,249,006)
    [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04,28,17) – 11,142 (758,597)
    [PS4] Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Warner Bros., 10/12/17) – 8,083 (28,227)
    [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 5,430 (616,383)
    [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX (Nintendo, 09/22/17) – 5,224 (102,359)
    [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions (Nintendo, 10/05/17) – 5,092 (43,094)
    [PS4] FIFA 18 (Limited Editions and Bundles Included) (Electronic Arts, 09/29/17) – 3,910 (79,701)
    [PS4] No Heroes Allowed! VR (SIE, 10/14/17) – 3,464 (8,925)
    [PS4] Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 (Konami, 09/14/17) – 2,987 (105,005)
    [3DS] The Snack World: Trejarers (Level-5, 08/10/17) – 2,882 (183,780)
    [NSW] Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. (Capcom, 08/25/17) – 2,814 (158,448)
    [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 2,748 (256,413)
    [NSW] NBA 2K18 (2K Games, 10/17/17) – 2,689 (New)
    [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (Limited Edition Included) (Falcom, 09/28/17) – 2,473 (107,772)

Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)

Switch – 31,092 (40,803)
    PlayStation 4 – 25,075 (16,933)
    New 2DS LL – 8,449 (10,569)
    PlayStation 4 Pro – 6,203(5,773)
    New 3DS LL – 6,187 (8,369)
    PlayStation Vita – 3,535 (3,938)
    2DS – 1,367 (1,565)
    New 3DS – 195 (242)
    Xbox One – 69 (71)
    PlayStation 3 – 50 (65)
    Wii U – 40 (58)

Eteric

« Reply #7976 on: October 25, 2017, 11:26:17 AM »
Switch dropped a bit. Wonder if it's in prep for Mario Odyssey?

Tasty

« Reply #7977 on: October 25, 2017, 01:10:17 PM »
TEW2 in top three. :obama

Eteric

« Reply #7978 on: October 25, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »
Before I forget, anyone here part of the sales age discord? I'd like an invite if possible.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #7979 on: October 25, 2017, 06:33:50 PM »
I don't think anyone here particularly cares about sales too much Eteric. Oscar did, but it's been a bit of a dead thread since he left.

dur