Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1873082 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #21600 on: November 09, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
It's that the people who rail the hardest against "big government" are often the biggest recipients of federal money.
dog

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #21601 on: November 09, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »
Aren't those numbers  just a reflection of farm subsidies + low population density? Subsidies which actually only directly benefit a very small portion of the population.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #21602 on: November 09, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »
No way.  Farm subsidies are a tiny part of the budget.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #21603 on: November 09, 2012, 01:37:20 PM »
It's why taxes in those states are so low. They take the federal money and use it to cover budget shortfalls instead of where it's supposed to go, social services.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #21604 on: November 09, 2012, 02:08:45 PM »
Andrea Mitchel is reporting on alleged "tension" between Obama and David Petraeus, who will be coming to the WH today to discuss his future at the CIA. Hmmmm

There seems to be some pushback on whether this is just a discussion, whether he's getting fired, or whether he's getting promoted (perhaps to Sec of Def)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #21605 on: November 09, 2012, 02:55:20 PM »

:-\

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21606 on: November 09, 2012, 02:55:59 PM »

boom

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #21607 on: November 09, 2012, 03:13:55 PM »
MSNBC is saying that Petraeus is resigning because of an affair
___

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #21609 on: November 09, 2012, 03:18:44 PM »
 :lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21610 on: November 09, 2012, 03:24:26 PM »
Gen. Petraeus’ affair involved an aide to Sen. Elect Elizabeth Warren.

holy shit. Petraeus' wife worked in the Consumer Protection agency alongside Warren

EDIT: False alarm, not true
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:36:11 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21611 on: November 09, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »
She's one lucky lady.
©@©™

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #21612 on: November 09, 2012, 03:32:01 PM »
Can't say I all that fussed about Patraeus one way or the other, though I guess intelligence and extra-marital affairs are a big no-no
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:36:12 PM by Mamacint »
___

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21613 on: November 09, 2012, 03:36:32 PM »
The Warren aide story isn't true, false alarm brehs. His wife used to work for Warren though

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #21614 on: November 09, 2012, 03:43:22 PM »
You know what that means

He is a lock to win South Carolina in the 2016 GOP primary

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21615 on: November 09, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
A spokesman for the Senate Intelligence Committee tells Politico that Acting CIA Director Mike Morell will testify on the Benghazi attack next week instead of David Petraeus, who resigned on Friday, admitting to an extramarital affair.

Fox News: "Petraeus could see the writing on the wall and got out as fast as he could!"
dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #21616 on: November 09, 2012, 05:33:19 PM »
so when do we get to hear the real story on why he's resigning?
pcp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21617 on: November 09, 2012, 05:37:44 PM »
from MSNBC
BREAKING NEWS: FBI investigating Petraeus biographer Paula Broadwell for trying to access his email
uh oh

lol @ Drudge's front page, which seems to have scooped who he had an affair with first. Drudge outed her with some Jay-Z esque subtlety.

edit: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/11/09/petraeus_resigns_over_affair_with_biographer.html
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:52:38 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21618 on: November 09, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »
from MSNBC
BREAKING NEWS: FBI investigating Petraeus biographer Paula Broadwell for trying to access his email
uh oh

lol @ Drudge's front page, which seems to have scooped who he had an affair with first. Drudge outed her with some Jay-Z esque subtlety.

ALL IN

He certainly was. :teehee

She looks like the kind of woman that would be into femdom. I hope this comes up in his next biography.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:58:44 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #21619 on: November 09, 2012, 11:07:30 PM »
Not sure if this should go in this thread or random talk but it's election related.

I found out that my sisters Italian teacher decided to talk about politics and specifically made not of his support for Romney, his disdain for Obama and had a lengthy discussion about Obamacare and how it shouldn't cover Abortions because that's wrong. My mom wants to let it go but I'm going to talk with my father about it. I think that's highly inappropriate, although I do think teens should be more informed about politics in a non-bias format.

Show up to the school and talk with the teacher yourself. Tell him it's good to get kids interested in politics but it's wrong and worth firing him over for telling people how good/bad Romney and Obama are and that abortion is wrong.

Threaten to tell the parents and the principal if he does it again.

And then drop your toothpick and walk away.

Phoenix Dark

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #21621 on: November 09, 2012, 11:19:53 PM »
SE Cupp trolling/annihilating Andrew Sullivan
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/andrew-sullivan-and-s-e-cupp-clash-over-gay-marriage-mormonism-on-real-time/
:fbm

Looks interesting, but why is Skeletor between Sullivan and Cupp?  I didn't think He-Man was in the news lately.

Also... I would hate fuck Cupp until her hips popped out of joint.
yar

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #21622 on: November 09, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
2 Latino candidates for prez in 2016, bank on it.

Nah, it's pretty obvious minorities would side with the dem candidate. And it would humiliate the Republicans from trying to field a token again.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21623 on: November 09, 2012, 11:35:48 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen: Roger Simon, Politico journalist
https://twitter.com/politicoroger/status/267115386263187456

drew

• sy
« Reply #21624 on: November 10, 2012, 05:23:54 AM »
this is why i didn't want Obama to win:

http://centerfiresystems.com/AKAGUN-AMD.aspx

this rifle was $430 bucks a week ago, i've been holding off on buying one and now i'm going to pay for it, in 2008 ammo and gun prices went up due to the tards in the gun community hysterically buying shit and they never went back down and now it's happening again, and i'd bet everything it'll never go down again either.  fucking hick Cabela card carrying ass crack hanging out of their shit tier jeans Bubba's need to shoot themselves in the foot and bleed out all over their fall camo truck seat covers en masse...

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #21625 on: November 10, 2012, 07:06:59 AM »
I guess you could say gun nuts are shooting themselves in the foot over Obama's win?
WDW

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #21626 on: November 10, 2012, 07:57:42 AM »

this rifle was $430 bucks a week ago, i've been holding off on buying one and now i'm going to pay for it, in 2008 ammo and gun prices went up due to the tards in the gun community hysterically buying shit and they never went back down and now it's happening again, and i'd bet everything it'll never go down again either.  fucking hick Cabela card carrying ass crack hanging out of their shit tier jeans Bubba's need to shoot themselves in the foot and bleed out all over their fall camo truck seat covers en masse...

I'd rather have those same gun nuts insisting that Romney invade Iran

Get a job 47%er

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #21627 on: November 10, 2012, 09:16:46 AM »

:lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21629 on: November 10, 2012, 01:27:53 PM »
Not that it makes any difference at this point, but Florida was finally called a few minutes ago for Obama, who won by 74,000 votes.
dog

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #21630 on: November 10, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »
The New York Post fucking rules
AMC

Human Snorenado

• Icon
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21632 on: November 10, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »
We will never be rid of these fuckers, will we?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/09/another-bush-to-run-in-texas/

Half Mexican, speaks fluent Spanish, military service. He'll be here to stay

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #21633 on: November 10, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »
Not that it makes any difference at this point, but Florida was finally called a few minutes ago for Obama, who won by 74,000 votes.

This is narrow enough for a recount isn't it? Or is that only if requested by a campaign?

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #21634 on: November 10, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
Allen West is refusing to concede despite being outside the margin for recount. 

"We're simply not going to just walk away from the race until we see that the numbers add up," West campaign manager Tim Edson said.

god I love this election season.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21635 on: November 10, 2012, 04:23:14 PM »
Unskew the votes.
©@©™

Oblivion

« Reply #21636 on: November 10, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »
I'm glad that low life lost, but I do wish the margins were significantly higher.

Would have been even better if he lost to Alan Grayson. :lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21637 on: November 10, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »
from what I've heard, Alan Grayson's district is super liberal due to re-redistricting. He could be trolling republicans for decades

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #21638 on: November 10, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »
Why do we love this guy?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21639 on: November 10, 2012, 08:29:12 PM »
I don't! Although I did like his "Die Quickly" presentation

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #21640 on: November 10, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »
I agree.  I prefer my elected officials to be milquetoast and afraid to rock the boat until it is politically expedient to do so.
🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21641 on: November 10, 2012, 09:01:35 PM »
I like Grayson, but I tend to like people who make fun of stupid people/things.  Barney Frank was my favorite congresscritter for forever; I'm sad to see him go.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21642 on: November 10, 2012, 09:03:08 PM »

This is narrow enough for a recount isn't it? Or is that only if requested by a campaign?

I don't think so- I believe it has to be within .5% to trigger an automatic recount.  Romney could probably ask for a recount but I believe his campaign has already said they won't.
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #21643 on: November 10, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
We will never be rid of these fuckers, will we?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/09/another-bush-to-run-in-texas/

Half Mexican, speaks fluent Spanish, military service. He'll be here to stay

I've been calling this one for years.  He'll do pretty well: half Hispanic to bring in the voters they want to get and it's a Bush so it's a familiar name to white people.  He's the perfect trojan horse for the new southern strategy.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21644 on: November 10, 2012, 10:19:25 PM »
Bibi was looking at unskewed polls too, lmao
Betting on the wrong horse: The night Benjamin Netanyahu will not soon forget

The astonishment that seized Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his advisers on Wednesday morning, as President Barack Obama crossed the threshold of 270 electoral votes needed to return him to the White House, was as absolute as it was authentic. Netanyahu was utterly convinced that the presidency was in the pocket of the candidate of his choice, his old buddy Mitt Romney. In private conversations, he ridiculed anyone who advised him not to rule out a scenario in which the other candidate was the winner.

What made Netanyahu and his political adviser, the American-born Ron Dermer, ignore the various polling analyses - such as Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight blog for The New York Times - that were published every day in the American media, and that almost universally predicted an Obama victory?

That question has a two-word answer: Arthur Finkelstein. Until the end, the legendary strategic adviser and polling expert - who is working with Netanyahu and his running mate in the upcoming election in January, Yisrael Beiteinu's Avigdor Lieberman - hammered it into their heads that Mitt Romney would be the next president of the United States. Finkelstein predicted a 4 percent win for Romney in the popular vote (he lost by approximately 2 percent) and victories in all the swing states (Romney lost all but one).
rest of article: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44205785&postcount=12052

Oblivion

« Reply #21645 on: November 10, 2012, 11:06:44 PM »
Seems the right wing bubble extends over international waters.

Also too:

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21646 on: November 10, 2012, 11:10:38 PM »
she fufills the Velma fantasies of my childhood

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #21648 on: November 11, 2012, 12:05:51 AM »
Did someone already say in this thread that they would hate fuck Cupp?

I think I'm in that boat as well.  :-\

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #21649 on: November 11, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »
but would you hatefuck orson scott card? http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2012-11-08-1.html
duc

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #21650 on: November 11, 2012, 10:54:45 AM »
Did someone already say in this thread that they would hate fuck Cupp?

I think I'm in that boat as well.  :-\

She's got a bit of a manjaw going on but whatevs,  :hitit
^_^

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21651 on: November 11, 2012, 11:27:52 AM »
but would you hatefuck orson scott card? http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2012-11-08-1.html

You have to attack Fox News and sneer at them and accuse them of bias, don't you -- because they're actually doing the job you merely pretend to do. They shame you by their genuinely balanced coverage, so you have to lie and accuse them of being what you are: ideological hacks, providing propaganda in order to advance a cause, while hiding the unhelpful truth.

:bow :bow2
©@©™

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21652 on: November 11, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »
so peter king trying to insinuate the petreaus affair "just doesn't add up," questioning obama's handling of the situation.

good fucking christ, ALREADY
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21653 on: November 11, 2012, 05:47:22 PM »
Paula Broadwell, the biographer who had an affair with CIA Director David Petraeus, sent threatening emails to the State Department's liaison to the military's Joint Special Operations Command, a senior military official told the Associated Press. The emails from Broadwell to the official, Jill Kelley of Tampa, Fla., triggered the FBI investigation that led to the discovery of the affair.
dog

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Drunk

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #21655 on: November 11, 2012, 09:03:55 PM »

:bow Romney, the job creator :bow2
^_^

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21656 on: November 11, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
so peter king trying to insinuate the petreaus affair "just doesn't add up," questioning obama's handling of the situation.

good fucking christ, ALREADY

Whelp, turns out Eric Cantor knew about this last month. BUBUBUBUBU OBAMA CONSPIRACY!!!!
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21657 on: November 11, 2012, 11:21:52 PM »

what a boring gun.  Buy one of these  http://landofmachines.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/puntgunland.jpg

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21658 on: November 12, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »
Grover Norquist said that Obama doesn't have a mandate because he was elected solely on the basis of being being "Not-Romney", because Obama convinced voters that Romney was a quote "poopy-head".

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/grover-norquist-romney-poopy-head?ref=fpb

Can't make this stuff up.  :dur
©@©™

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #21659 on: November 12, 2012, 06:37:32 PM »
His car is.