Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1297749 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - It's about moe in anime journalism.
« Reply #6720 on: January 24, 2016, 02:10:09 AM »
26 episodes of Space Dandy and only 5 of them are worth watching.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6721 on: January 24, 2016, 02:56:09 AM »
26 episodes of Space Dandy and only 5 of them are worth watching.

More like 25. :ufup
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #6722 on: January 26, 2016, 06:09:40 PM »
I watched the first ep of Psycho-Pass because Netflix is taking it off at the end of next week and it's Gen Urobochi (but Blood+ director  :yuck).  First ep was ok, is it worth watching the other 21 eps?  Is the show good?

« Reply #6723 on: January 26, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »
I watched the first ep of Psycho-Pass because Netflix is taking it off at the end of next week and it's Gen Urobochi (but Blood+ director  :yuck).  First ep was ok, is it worth watching the other 21 eps?  Is the show good?

This is just a regular Netflix delisting, and not Funimation losing the rights to the show is it? They've lost the rights to a few things lately.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6724 on: January 26, 2016, 07:19:08 PM »

I really liked it, despite some rough patches. It really wants to be GitS, but doesn't quite get there.
dog

the freakin woz

« Reply #6725 on: January 26, 2016, 08:35:53 PM »

nah its pretty bad

Bebpo

« Reply #6726 on: January 27, 2016, 12:27:59 AM »

I really liked it, despite some rough patches. It really wants to be GitS, but doesn't quite get there.

I don't even like GiTS outside of Standalone Complex & 2nd Gig which were great.  I think the movies are kind of bad. 

This is just a regular Netflix delisting, and not Funimation losing the rights to the show is it? They've lost the rights to a few things lately.

No idea.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6727 on: January 27, 2016, 12:29:19 AM »
Well, it's more like GitS the series than GitS the movies, if that helps.
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6728 on: January 27, 2016, 02:21:48 AM »
I loved the first season of Psycho Pass but the second seemed like a step down or at least the 2 eps I watched. Never finished it.

helios

« Reply #6729 on: January 27, 2016, 05:57:18 AM »
The first season of Psycho Pass is pretty hyper-oats.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6730 on: January 27, 2016, 10:42:17 AM »
a what that mean

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6731 on: January 27, 2016, 11:31:45 AM »
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6732 on: January 27, 2016, 02:53:39 PM »

This is how I feel about it too.  If you like it enough, there's a movie following the first season, then season 2.  (Or do I have that backwards and it's season 2, then the movie?  I can't remember lol)
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6733 on: January 27, 2016, 05:30:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure some season 2 characters show up in the movie.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6734 on: January 31, 2016, 04:00:53 AM »
I have directed my SO to Black Lagoon, the occasion for me to do a rewatch (I probably watched it in 2009 or 2011...?). Surprinsingly, the action scenes are a lot more pedestrian than I remembered (Especially the S1 Roberta's episodes, it's good fun but really derivative and there's a bit of filler). The writing, however, is holding really well : characters are memorable despite the first impression of a Cowboy Bebop ripoff and the somewhat crass design of Revy, and there's some actual depth to their interactions. The series is also very strong in the setting's depiction, and I suspect it took some cues from the John Sayles penned Men of War movie. Either way, it manages to create characters and places that are both abhorrent and sympathetic. There's a bit of self awareness going on too, and the show never goes full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow dark & gritty either.

Never watched the OVA mini series which serves as S3 ? Is it good ? I'm a bit worried that Roberta is in it... as I said, fun character but super gimmicky also.
ὕβρις

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #6735 on: January 31, 2016, 10:06:56 AM »
I have directed my SO to Black Lagoon, the occasion for me to do a rewatch (I probably watched it in 2009 or 2011...?). Surprinsingly, the action scenes are a lot more pedestrian than I remembered (Especially the S1 Roberta's episodes, it's good fun but really derivative and there's a bit of filler). The writing, however, is holding really well : characters are memorable despite the first impression of a Cowboy Bebop ripoff and the somewhat crass design of Revy, and there's some actual depth to their interactions. The series is also very strong in the setting's depiction, and I suspect it took some cues from the John Sayles penned Men of War movie. Either way, it manages to create characters and places that are both abhorrent and sympathetic. There's a bit of self awareness going on too, and the show never goes full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow dark & gritty either.

Never watched the OVA mini series which serves as S3 ? Is it good ? I'm a bit worried that Roberta is in it... as I said, fun character but super gimmicky also.

I liked the Roberta thing, but it's been quite a while since I saw it (when it came out I think?). Tbh the thing I remember most starkly about Black Lagoon is the bit where they went to Japan and talk english.

helios

« Reply #6736 on: February 05, 2016, 04:14:12 PM »

How the fuck does Togashi make you all teary eyed for the villains?

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #6737 on: February 06, 2016, 10:00:43 AM »
Gintama season 2 is the tits

Erased is also really good

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6738 on: February 16, 2016, 02:18:32 AM »
I liked the Roberta thing, but it's been quite a while since I saw it (when it came out I think?). Tbh the thing I remember most starkly about Black Lagoon is the bit where they went to Japan and talk english.

I just finished rewatching the second season and yeah that english is  :lol Really jarring considering Revy is supposed to be American-born and a pity because otherwise the show is making a pretty good job with the constantly changing language in those parts (They're all supposed to speak english most of the time, but it's only heard when the show must convey that characters present on screen at that point speak different languages).

That long Japan ending (it's a 6 parter, I believe ?) is a bit weird, it phases out almost completely two of the main supporting characters and I'm not buying the infatuation (or whatever sentiment it is) that Rock has with the young Japanese girl. He met her like twice for a grand total of 25 mn or something and that's apparently enough to justify extreme hazardous white knighting. Art and animation also took a major dive as the end approaches, you're almost hearing the budget slowly drying to 0. Those problems aside, it was a decent conclusion and I like that they tried someone's journey to the heart of darkness without resorting to the usual red line / moral horizon "Oh no what have I done" murder-rape-collateral damage shocker. Characters are all fun and interesting, the show is aware of the amorality & violence displayed, it's not by the numbers and overall I had fun revisiting it.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6739 on: February 22, 2016, 03:43:01 AM »
So watched the Black Lagoon "OAV" or mini-S3 "Roberta's Blood Trail". It's good and it expands on a couple things that were touched upon in S2 and left hanging there. It is also a bit weird because it sidelines the two progatonists which are almost token pieces in the story but I'm not too miffed and I think it's actually a good way of showing they are cogs in a greater design (Shirow was very good with that). I also sorta appreciate that Rebecca and her relation to Rock stays a bit of a mystery and of an abortion.

The story centering around Roberta wasn't as gimmicky as I feared it would but it does go quite over the top with regards to the action (it approachs Hellsing levels of just straight up super powered dudettes)... I think it's OK tho because they didn't botch nuancing the plot despite the lead this time round being US interventionism, a subject which can bring the worst out of Japanese people. The conclusion manages to keep the conscious amorality that runs through the show (in the end, everything is just business...) and -because of the production format I guess- they were able to push up the envelope on some of the mature stuff : there's a couple sequences of disturbing sexual violence when it was almost nowhere to be seen in the show, which felt weird considering it is supposed to happen in the most corrupt organized crime pithole on Earth.

Overall pretty pleased with my rewatch of the series.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6740 on: March 04, 2016, 11:26:54 PM »

Hyped.  :aah
©@©™

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #6741 on: March 05, 2016, 03:12:09 PM »
Like a spiritual successor to polar bear cafe? :lawd

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6742 on: March 06, 2016, 08:08:47 PM »
Finished watching Full Metal Alchemist with the Kiddles. Here's what they named their characters.

que

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6743 on: March 06, 2016, 08:21:27 PM »
"Markiplier"

:rofl
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6744 on: March 06, 2016, 08:54:00 PM »
Caught up on Konosuba and Dagashi Kashi this weekend. They're a'ight.

Then I started Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, which is the story of history's greatest monsters.

©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #6745 on: March 14, 2016, 04:40:13 PM »
:drudge

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Boo

Beezy

Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Making anime real
« Reply #6747 on: March 14, 2016, 09:25:37 PM »
FINALLY! Was just telling a friend last week that I hope he doesn't abandon HxH forever.

helios

« Reply #6748 on: March 14, 2016, 10:51:52 PM »
Fuck yeah! More HxH! Hopefully it'll be semi-consistent.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #6749 on: March 23, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »
OH!

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6750 on: March 24, 2016, 02:19:32 AM »
Tokyo Ghoul was a surprisingly enjoyable watch.
Would a season 3.

Tasty

« Reply #6751 on: March 24, 2016, 09:33:04 AM »
Been meaning to pick that up.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6752 on: March 24, 2016, 10:06:27 AM »
I hear the manga is better.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #6754 on: March 24, 2016, 11:37:58 AM »
I'm glad the coloring scheme and overall art style is similar to Part 1 instead of being similar to Stardust Crusaders. Stardust Crusaders looked good, but I like the psychedelic/erratic color scheme of Part 1 a lot more, characters in general looked a bit too sharp shading wise in Stardust Crusaders as well. 
OH!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6755 on: March 24, 2016, 12:08:47 PM »

:uguu
dog

Tasty

« Reply #6756 on: March 24, 2016, 12:11:34 PM »
Started watching the Osomatsu-san reboot, shit is hilarious.

Just look at the intro :lol

(It's about 20-something NEET sextuplets, and has a more adult edge than past versions of the franchise.)

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #6757 on: March 24, 2016, 03:36:20 PM »

alberta does strike me as the sort of place that could use some robot smashing tbh

« Reply #6758 on: March 24, 2016, 05:11:29 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/adultswim/posts/10153948493286745

FLCL seasons 2 and 3 being produced by Production IG and Adult Swim.

Are we getting more anime revivals this year?

archie4208

« Reply #6759 on: March 24, 2016, 05:37:48 PM »
Gimme dat sweet sweet Pillows soundtrack.  :lawd

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6760 on: March 24, 2016, 05:57:41 PM »

no thanks I'm good

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6761 on: March 24, 2016, 06:09:16 PM »

WHAT

Real talk, though: I need to see the crew list before I start actually getting excited.

Edit:

Back for the new season is FLCL series creator Kazuya Tsurumaki, serving as supervisor with director Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass) and character designer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Neon Genesis Evangelion). Also joining this season is writer Hideto Iwai (Last Dinner).

Okay, maybe get a little bit excited now.
dog

helios

« Reply #6762 on: March 24, 2016, 06:15:18 PM »
I'm gonna keep my expectations low on this. While they're at it, hit us up with Big O season 3.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6763 on: March 24, 2016, 06:16:36 PM »
In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together. Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school. Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock.

But why did Haruko return to Earth?
What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota?
And where did the human-type robot ‘Canti’ go?

At least it seems like they're putting a new spin on it, instead of just retreading the exact same ground. Although, I suppose they could still do that anyway.

While they're at it, hit us up with Big O season 3.

THIS. The world does no nearly have enough Big O yet.
dog

helios

« Reply #6764 on: March 24, 2016, 06:24:46 PM »
I'm still going to be wary on it especially after Last Exile Silver Fam and Eureka Seven AO. :/

You can't get enough of Big O. We still don't know exactly what the hell is going on.

Tasty

« Reply #6765 on: March 25, 2016, 10:59:19 AM »
In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together. Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school. Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock.

But why did Haruko return to Earth?
What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota?
And where did the human-type robot ‘Canti’ go?

At least it seems like they're putting a new spin on it, instead of just retreading the exact same ground. Although, I suppose they could still do that anyway.

Actually sounds like the E7 AO treatment. Series is still about a kid and a girl, just different characters (well Haruka's the same in this one I guess.)

I'm excited but skeptical. The original series was laser-focused and wrapped up in an immensely satisfying way.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6766 on: March 25, 2016, 03:49:07 PM »

:gladbron
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6767 on: March 25, 2016, 04:18:58 PM »
OK. Yes. I can get behind this.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #6768 on: March 26, 2016, 01:06:37 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6769 on: March 27, 2016, 12:28:10 AM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6770 on: March 27, 2016, 12:48:49 AM »

When do people ever claim otherwise.

Tasty

« Reply #6771 on: March 27, 2016, 12:53:41 AM »
Durarara!! x2 ended today and I'm a wreck. :'( :fbm

Tasty

« Reply #6772 on: March 27, 2016, 12:54:07 AM »

When do people ever claim otherwise.

Ouran High School Host Club. :snob

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #6773 on: March 27, 2016, 09:28:03 AM »

Looks real good.
Boo

helios

« Reply #6774 on: March 27, 2016, 10:08:24 AM »

Rage of Bahamut was a pleasant surprise that season. I hope this is just as good.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6775 on: March 27, 2016, 11:23:41 PM »
Has anime gone too far? :what

Or not far enough?  :shaq
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6776 on: March 28, 2016, 12:07:39 AM »
Not currently being developed as an anime unfortunately, just a mobile game. :-\
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6777 on: March 28, 2016, 12:18:34 AM »
Just wait.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6778 on: March 28, 2016, 04:44:36 PM »

yoooooooooo
dog

helios

« Reply #6779 on: March 29, 2016, 12:28:50 AM »
I finished Iron Blooded Orphans and goddamn is that a great Gundam show. Definitely the best Gundam I've seen.