Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1244940 times)

Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1560 on: December 29, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »
4 to 5 kids as the average? That sounds absolutely dreadful. This might be reactionary nonsense since we're right in the process of caring for an infant, but I think the wife and I might seriously be down for sticking with just the 1 kid. Other people with kids say we're crazy, but I think I could be content.

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1561 on: December 29, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »
Ugh, only one kid is so sad.
brb

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1562 on: December 29, 2011, 10:16:49 AM »
True dat

No really.  Some of you guys are making this into a way bigger deal than it is.  BrandNew is not in a position to lose anything.  If you don't think he's thought of all these things you're crazy.  But he has nothing to lose by trying to work something out with a girl he genuinely cares for.  And yeah, some people do make huge mistakes when they're younger but why should that disqualify them?  It's pretty easy to tell who has their shit together and who doesn't after a few weeks/months.

PS: Cormac nails it by the way.  I'm so happy that by the time my daughter is an adult I'll still only be 36.

« Reply #1563 on: December 29, 2011, 10:20:28 AM »
Maybe, I don't know. Personally, I really just hate the idea of looking after multiple infant/toddlers. Caring for the one infant is already plenty of work (but worth it!), and as such it's hard to fathom doing this with a 1 - 3 year old running around. "Well, wait a little longer!" Yeah, that's something I suppose. But then it puts us at being a little older than we'd like to be at for raising a kid. A nice 5 year buffer puts us a 32 and 33 years of age. Not outlandish, but older than we'd like.

But we'll see. Everyone with kids says "Oh, just wait a year or two, and you'll be ready to have another." So, who knows?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1564 on: December 29, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »
I'm so happy that by the time my daughter is an adult I'll still only be 36.

So am I
fat

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1565 on: December 29, 2011, 10:40:51 AM »
Wait.  Do you want me or do you want her?  Please say me please say me daddy

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #1566 on: December 29, 2011, 10:52:03 AM »
Kids aren't Pokemon!
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1567 on: December 29, 2011, 10:54:39 AM »
to fistful they are.  gotta catch 'em all

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1568 on: December 29, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
Because we realize it's not as big of a deal as most people act like? :smug

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1569 on: December 29, 2011, 11:09:47 AM »
I would probably initially avoid Getting involved with a woman with kids, but it's more about me. I'm really just not sure I want that yet/ever. It's unfair to waste her time while I figure that out
o_0

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1570 on: December 29, 2011, 11:12:37 AM »
chicks with kids are alright wtf is wrong with you guys

spoiler (click to show/hide)
not married with kids
[close]

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1571 on: December 29, 2011, 01:12:04 PM »
So all the "chicks with kids are alright wtf is wrong with you guys" are already married with kids, that should tell you everything.

Another case of married people with children wanting everyone to be as miserable as them :violin

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1572 on: December 29, 2011, 01:14:01 PM »
TBH people change when they become parents- but that all depends on successfully becoming the parent you need to be. I dont begrudge people who enjoy being a parent, but when they insist you arent whole unless youre a parent, or call their kids things like 'MY LITTLE MAN' I get tired of em
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1573 on: December 29, 2011, 01:17:13 PM »
Ugh.  the worst people are the ones who constantly tell my wife and I that we need children together.  No no no no no no. Why?  We are really happy together.  If it happens, it happens.  But at this point I'm not going to try.  They all say that we need to complete our family and shit.  Fuck that.  We've got 3 dogs.  We've got a huge family.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1574 on: December 29, 2011, 01:23:51 PM »
Yeah people who pity single people or married without children folks need to step off
o_0

« Reply #1575 on: December 29, 2011, 01:24:28 PM »
I call my three month old little man. I'll just go quietly over into the corner and hang my head in shame...

But anyway, I don't think I'd advocate having kids as a must to anyone. I'd advise that it might not be as bad as you think, and that if you're in a long-term relationship that looks like it's going the distance, then it's something that's worth considering and not being terrified of. But honestly, I'd be a dirty, stinking liar if I were to parade about as though it's nothing but upside with absolutely no negatives to speak of. There are plenty of instances where in just this short period of time I've lamented the good ol' days of being able to do what I want when I wanted. If that kind of thing is important to someone, it'd be stupid to preach that you'll still have plenty of the proverbial "me time," because that's a lie.

There are positives to it, but just not in the way that's easy to articulate. As such, I don't mind cautioning that parenthood isn't as bad as you think, but I also don't see a point in trying to coax people into it. There's plenty of good reasons to not want kids, and I don't think any "you'll never believe what my little man did today..." anecdotes offer a compelling reason to reconsider one's stance.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1576 on: December 29, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »
I'm probably gonna knock my wife up in the next year or two as my finances come together. :patel

:lol
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1577 on: December 29, 2011, 01:34:52 PM »
I agree, Steve.  But I think with any big decision there are moments where you regret it.  Bought that house?  When the A/C goes out you'll miss the days of the landlord having to fix it.  Bought that expensive new car?  You'll miss all the extra money when you didn't have the payment.  Got married?  You'll miss when you could just go home when she PMS'ed

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1578 on: December 29, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »
I think Grass is Always Greener pretty much sums it up
o_0

Himu

« Reply #1579 on: December 29, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »

Yep. Being an only child is shit.
IYKYK

« Reply #1580 on: December 29, 2011, 02:23:15 PM »
I agree, Steve.  But I think with any big decision there are moments where you regret it.  Bought that house?  When the A/C goes out you'll miss the days of the landlord having to fix it.

I like taking care of my house, gives me a real sense of ownership.

Bought that expensive new car?  You'll miss all the extra money when you didn't have the payment.

Buy a car that you can afford. That's why I'm rocking a totally paid-off 2009 Corolla XLE.

Got married?  You'll miss when you could just go home when she PMS'ed

Our house is big enough that we can go to different parts of the house to cool down.
野球

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.

Himu

« Reply #1582 on: December 29, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »
we are brothers in arms chipopo
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1583 on: December 29, 2011, 02:38:09 PM »
I have a sister, isnt that grand folks. Endless fighting.
o_0

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1584 on: December 29, 2011, 02:41:01 PM »
Can't say I had any benefit of having a sibling either.
fat

« Reply #1585 on: December 29, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »
I've got a half sister from my dad's first marriage, but we never lived together (weekends, holidays and vacations) so I'm pretty much an only child.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #1586 on: December 29, 2011, 03:17:22 PM »
the grass is greener, etc.

Cheebo

« Reply #1587 on: December 29, 2011, 06:47:42 PM »
Kids are awesome I can't wait to have them. My girl and I both agree we want to start before we are 30, I am 25 now and can see myself being a father in the next few years. Ideally 27 or so.
₩‰\

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1588 on: December 29, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »
Kids are awesome I can't wait to have them. My girl and I both agree we want to start before we are 30, I am 25 now and can see myself being a father in the next few years. Ideally 27 or so.

:fbm

Cheebo

« Reply #1589 on: December 29, 2011, 07:03:38 PM »

:fbm
You'll have kids and you know it.
₩‰\

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1590 on: December 29, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »
It has come to mind in the last couple months, but I feel like it's probably me being all emotional n shit. Statistically you're probably right, I'll get married/kids one day, but I want to get financially set first. And I know once I do that I'll most likely be too busy doing my own thing and having fun to start contemplating marriage.

Himu

« Reply #1591 on: December 29, 2011, 07:11:44 PM »
Does the world really need more children?
IYKYK

Barry Egan

Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other
« Reply #1592 on: December 29, 2011, 07:48:17 PM »
I think if you're a good enough dude than having a kid can be justified on political grounds.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1593 on: December 29, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »

Wait you're in the only child club too? Shit is lonely as fuck.

Himu

« Reply #1594 on: December 29, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »

Wait you're in the only child club too? Shit is lonely as fuck.

It really sucks balls. If I'm going to have children I will only do so if I have the means to take care of 2 children. No only child for me.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1595 on: December 29, 2011, 07:53:11 PM »
I doubt not having siblings truly sucks, but then again I have three brothers. Two are cool

Himu

« Reply #1596 on: December 29, 2011, 07:57:08 PM »
Why do you doubt being an only child sucks? It's lonely as hell especially after the 80's/90's child molester scare.

"I'm going to go outside. The guys across the street are cool."
"No. Don't go outside. Don't you have enough friends at school?"
":fbm"

At least if you had siblings you wouldn't be lonely.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1597 on: December 29, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
Eh. I've always been a loner so it wouldn't matter to me. But still, the idea that single children are lonely and have no one to play with sounds like an utter myth to me, like "homeschooled kids don't have anyone to talk/play with" talking points.

Himu

« Reply #1598 on: December 29, 2011, 08:03:03 PM »
It sounds like...a myth? :wtf
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1599 on: December 29, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »
Why do you doubt being an only child sucks? It's lonely as hell especially after the 80's/90's child molester scare.

Lol but you get more toys at Christmas!

Himu

« Reply #1600 on: December 29, 2011, 08:06:14 PM »

Lol but you get more toys at Christmas!

Apparently toys > human life

Shows some priorities. That was always the argument some people told me growing up. I never got more toys than the other kids with siblings and I would have traded my ninja turtle blimp for a brother/sister at moment's haste.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1601 on: December 29, 2011, 08:13:29 PM »
Ill trade you my brother and sister for that blimp right now!

Himu

« Reply #1602 on: December 29, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »
I don't really care about it these days, though, as the cousins I am close to are my brothers/sisters. But I still refuse to have a child, unless I'm capable of having multiple.
IYKYK

Cheebo

« Reply #1603 on: December 29, 2011, 08:27:51 PM »
I had no brothers or sisters which sucked. Yeah I was spoiled as a only child but I'd trade it for siblings. What made it worse was I never had any cousins I was close to at all. Holidays and family events rarely involved anyone but me and my parents.
₩‰\

Himu

« Reply #1604 on: December 29, 2011, 08:29:28 PM »
God that sounds horrible, Cheebs.
IYKYK

Barry Egan

Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other
« Reply #1605 on: December 29, 2011, 08:44:46 PM »
My father has a pretty serious and alienating personality disorder and my mother was adopted, so both sides of my family don't really include me amongst their ranks.  Shit is tough.

Himu

« Reply #1606 on: December 29, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
Imagine when one of your parents go and you're left with most of the work by yourself, Barry. Well, at least you had toys growing up!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1607 on: December 29, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »
My dad's parents had 9 kids. One more including a half sister.

My mom's parents had three kids.

So I probably have like 40-50 cousins. I don't know the amount.
IYKYK

Barry Egan

« Reply #1608 on: December 29, 2011, 09:03:59 PM »
Imagine when one of your parents go and you're left with most of the work by yourself, Barry. Well, at least you had toys growing up!

sure was fun having mighty max all to myself in the empty desolate vacuum of childhood.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #1609 on: December 29, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »
My mother has 24 brothers and sisters. Poor catholics in Ireland who don't subscribe to birth control, and my granddad married 3 times due to terminal wife failure. Many of those kids went on to have families in the 6-10 range 'cause why not, still nothin' compared to what mum and dad had to deal with. They all get along famously. No-one knows exactly how many cousins I have, but it's comfortably over 300 'cause my dad had a huge family as well (9 kids).  I have 3 brothers and sisters and everyone thinks that's on the small side.

On the other hand, my wife's extended family is tiny. My daughter has almost nobody. The main motivation I have to go back to the UK is just so she can experience the fun of being part of a huge extended family. I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have 'cause I just thought that shit was normal.
vjj

cool breeze

« Reply #1610 on: December 29, 2011, 10:03:07 PM »
your family could probably take over a weak country like Canada

« Reply #1611 on: December 30, 2011, 01:05:02 PM »
Hmm... on the cousins part, our son is screwed. I come from a family of 2, and my 32-year-old brother is neither currently married nor has kids. My wife comes from a family of 2 and her 25-year-old sister is neither married, in a serious relationship, nor wants kids at all currently. And my wife has 2 cousins total (one from her dad's side and one from the mom's).

At least my extended family is large, and I'm close with many of them. But that aside, my "one kid is enough" stance will be seriously challenged when he's the only kid running around at a lot of these family functions.

« Reply #1612 on: December 30, 2011, 01:52:54 PM »
I think we're only going to have one kid. Living in Seattle is expensive and our house isn't crazy big. My daughter will have lots of playmates as most of our friends already have kids or have kids on the way. My niece is in 2nd grade, and she's already psyched about getting to babysit her someday.
野球

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1613 on: December 30, 2011, 03:21:55 PM »
lol, HUMAN LIFE I LOVE MY SIBLINGS

Get real fagmos. Roll of the dice when it comes to Siblings. Mostly those puritan christian familes have those sunday afternoon special relationships. Otherwise it's some bullshit hair pulling fights "he/she gets treated better, you like him/her more than me" crap.
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1614 on: December 30, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »
Damn, thought things were going well with this one girl (the one I mentioned earlier, who actually seemed to be somewhat normal)... but I just got ditched for a 3rd date. We were supposed to go out today, and she txts me this morning saying her friend called her up last nite in tears because she's undergoing a lot of stress, so she was gonna go spend time with her friend. I txted her back saying "That's OK, hopefully everything is OK with your friend. We can get together sometime next week." And then she was just like "thanks for being understanding". I think that one is done, and it's a shame too.

Went out with a girl yesterday, it seemed to go OK, even though she was a bit on the heavier side... txted her asking if she wanted to go out again but she said she is gonna be busy the next few weeks.

Fuck.  :'(
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1615 on: December 30, 2011, 03:26:14 PM »
She probably googled you and found your video of the last fat chick you fucked here.
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1616 on: December 31, 2011, 01:26:32 AM »
My mother has 24 brothers and sisters. Poor catholics in Ireland who don't subscribe to birth control, and my granddad married 3 times due to terminal wife failure. Many of those kids went on to have families in the 6-10 range 'cause why not, still nothin' compared to what mum and dad had to deal with. They all get along famously. No-one knows exactly how many cousins I have, but it's comfortably over 300 'cause my dad had a huge family as well (9 kids).  I have 3 brothers and sisters and everyone thinks that's on the small side.

On the other hand, my wife's extended family is tiny. My daughter has almost nobody. The main motivation I have to go back to the UK is just so she can experience the fun of being part of a huge extended family. I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have 'cause I just thought that shit was normal.
:o :o :o

Damn, thought things were going well with this one girl (the one I mentioned earlier, who actually seemed to be somewhat normal)... but I just got ditched for a 3rd date. We were supposed to go out today, and she txts me this morning saying her friend called her up last nite in tears because she's undergoing a lot of stress, so she was gonna go spend time with her friend. I txted her back saying "That's OK, hopefully everything is OK with your friend. We can get together sometime next week." And then she was just like "thanks for being understanding". I think that one is done, and it's a shame too.

Went out with a girl yesterday, it seemed to go OK, even though she was a bit on the heavier side... txted her asking if she wanted to go out again but she said she is gonna be busy the next few weeks.

Fuck.  :'(
What?! Why? It doesn't sound like a ditch, it sounds like she's being there for a friend. Sorry, what am I missing here?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1617 on: December 31, 2011, 03:11:37 AM »
would YOU give up potential sex so you could help a "stressed out" friend get over their shit on a friday night?
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1618 on: December 31, 2011, 03:16:04 AM »
would YOU give up potential sex so you could help a "stressed out" friend get over their shit on a friday night?

Yeah. Pretty sure I have.

I guess is the question is, "Why would you not do that?"

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #1619 on: December 31, 2011, 03:36:00 AM »
In cases where that friend is my wife, yes. 1,000s of times.
vjj