Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1242334 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I don't know if you've noticed, Lan, but we are in a recession. 50% of college grads don't have a job.

I fully understand that.

When I meet my ex he was in school. I entered into a relationship with him because he is attractive and is at least in school. I assumed he would get a job later on. But for the entire 2 years together he didn't gain a single job. While I got a job 3 months after being in a relationship with him. I then gained a better job after a year of being with him. I assumed he would be as hard working as I was. But he wasn't. I think I was reasonable enough.

But I know that if I want a relationship to work, both people need to have jobs and show that they can take care of themselves so as to not suck the other's resources dry.

I see this as a valid, adult expectation - one that has been shared many times here before (Bepbo, Tiesto).

If someone isn't putting proper focus on finding a job over the course of three years, something is wrong. I'd argue that's quite different than someone trying hard to find a good job for a long period of time, and not finding one; I'd be ok with that.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I'd be willing to cut an unemployed person a break if they're doing their best to find a job.  By that I mean doing your own thing (entrepreneurship), volunteering, looking into higher education, etc.  As Himuro pointed out, the effective unemployment/underemployment rate for people our age is about 50%  It's unrealistic to assume that you need a job, let alone a good paying job, as an expectation.  Otherwise there are going to be a lot of lonely people out there.

A girl I dated two years ago didn't have a job but she volunteered at the Girl Scouts for several months, until a job opening there came up and she took it.  Now if she sat on her ass and ate Ben and Jerry's watching Real Housewives of Orange County, then I would have left her ass from the get go.

Relevant:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:37:36 PM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I'm going to be a misandrist elitist but here goes: I think women have handled this recession (or in reality, depression) better than men have, anecdotally.

Most of the women I know who didn't have a job tried to do something about it.  Maybe it was running their own business, maybe it was doing graphic design/web design, or they went back to school until they found something.  Most of the dudes I knew just played 360, watched TV, or drink/get high.  That isn't to say all men do nothing and all women do something but it definitely has an end product that will lead to what is described in this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21/income-gap-women-make-more-men_n_1368328.html

A lot of the jobs that got the biggest hit in the recession were in male-dominated fields, such as construction and manufacturing. I've heard the recession be called the "man-cession" before...

I've had the problem of an unmotivated girlfriend before, who was happy in her dead-end minimum wage no bennys job, believe me :P I'm willing to cut a break if the girl is motivated and looking for a job...

Out on the island, I tend to meet a lot of girls who are looking to become teachers. Teaching is one of the biggest fields of employment, since most major employers are in the city and people move there for a job... teachers have been laid off as school budgets have dropped (yet property tax still continues to escalate...), leaving tons of people out of work or looking for work.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:06:11 AM by tiesto »
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
There's too many heartbreak songs with my Ex's name in it.

God dammit.

My last g/f has one of the most common female names around... I've dated a few girls with the same name since breaking up with her even :P
^_^

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
I asked a girl who visited my OKC profile (and didn't message) if she liked my profile and now I got this message in return:

Hey cutie! Yeah I did, was waiting for you to make the first move, glad that you decided to message me :) This one guy keeps harassing me here and he’s making new accounts when I block him…I think I'm leaving cause it’s getting really frustrating, but I’d really like to get to know you better because you seem like a nice guy + you are really cute ;) Would you mind giving me your mail so we could keep in touch?
Kisses,
adsfasd

I have a feeling this is a spam bot but has this ever happened to anybody here before?

Seriously fuck the Turk, nothing is worse than being cockblocked by an ex.

Well when a guy tries to swoop in on a girl that you're with, just start flirting with the dude. Like bro-flirt, I mean. Just be chummy and start talking about similar interests and finish his sentences and so on. It will turn off his alpha-male aggressiveness and therefore destroy his ability to cockblock.

I'm serious.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Why yes, that is indeed completely fake.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Why yes, that is indeed completely fake.

If I randomly just got that message, I would obviously think that. But it's odd if a spammer is having the fake account simply visit profiles to see who bites by sending back an initial message. That would be less effective.

As far as establishing that she is a real person, her taste in movies/books is a bit specific and she has a lot of detail about what she's doing with her life. I'll just use a secondary email address and see where this goes.

Also wtf are you? I have never changed my name since I started posting here, there should be a rule that you can only change your name like once every five years or something.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:14:38 PM by am nintenho »

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
I made fun of you a lot in the past so I'm just going to keep it a secret (and so will the rest of you!  :maf).

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
meh I don't hold grudges.

Bebpo

I've never heard of fake online profile bots.  What's the point?  Do they ask you for your credit card number and passwords?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
I've never heard of fake online profile bots.  What's the point?  Do they ask you for your credit card number and passwords?

They can get your email address to send you spam about joining dating sites that aren't free for instance. I know craigslist has a lot of bots.

FatalT

http://www.meetme.com/jamesonhood

Y'all bitches need to make a meetme.com profile for shits and giggles. It's hilarious how superficial people are on there. It's also hilarious how many 23 year old girls have children and how many damn 16 year olds are on there claiming to be 21. FFS

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Seriously fuck the Turk, nothing is worse than being cockblocked by an ex.
Well when a guy tries to swoop in on a girl that you're with, just start flirting with the dude. Like bro-flirt, I mean. Just be chummy and start talking about similar interests and finish his sentences and so on. It will turn off his alpha-male aggressiveness and therefore destroy his ability to cockblock.
I'm serious.
She cockblocked me and is now in the "college lesbian" phase. Every time I talk to a chick she feels the need to butt in.

ohhhhhhh, I thought you meant your gf's ex is cockblocking. Or something.

Yeah then maybe she'll just find a girl and be content or she'll realize that she just doesn't want anything to do with vaginas.

FatalT

I seriously worry about you sometimes, FatalT.

HEY! 16 is legal in South Carolina. Come at me.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
For some fucking unknowable reason, I have created another okcupid account.  Forthcoming tales of painful social awkwardness are sure to abound! 
yar

etiolate

devo, i advise yee not talk about men

triumph, god rest yee merry dong

myself, this cocktail is SUB LIME

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
devo, i advise yee not talk about men

triumph, god rest yee merry dong

myself, this cocktail is SUB LIME

My shit hits too close to home  8)

etiolate

No, I mean you really have no idea what it's like to be male today because you aren't male today, and this cocktail is delish.

1 part gin infused with earl grey tea
1 part club soda
1 part rose wine
hint of honey

Ice in a glass. Pour gin into a quarter cup of a brandy glass, drop a early grey tea bag in and let soak until the gin is tea brown. Pour gin in. Put a hint of honey on top. Pour in rose wine. Pour in club soda. Shake dat azz. Girly drink ftw.

Phoenix Dark

the perfect...early grey cocktail

etiolate

*last breath*
*dies*

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
For some fucking unknowable reason, I have created another okcupid account.  Forthcoming tales of painful social awkwardness are sure to abound!

Always good to have more people to compare war stories with. For your sake, I hope you have better luck than I've been having so far.
^_^

Bebpo

I've been OKC free for 5 months now.  Couldn't be happier.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
I hate when you read a huge 1,200 word online profile. See that they're into tons of cool things that you like and some that you are interested in learning more about/doing. Then you see that they're just the right amount of crazy with a mini-rant about how they never ever shave and just wear stockings. And their pictures counter said craziness with a heap of some sexy goth characteristics. And then you see that they reply "very often" to messages.

But at the end of all this, you see that this supposed bisexual is only interested in girls. It's almost like it's easier to meet women in real life.

Robo

What was your issue with OKC?

It was too loud.
obo

Bebpo

What was your issue with OKC?

Turns dating into this weird meta-social-game with so much faking/bullshit and everyone mass dating and I found it all just a big turn off. 

But hey, I know 4 couples now who met off it and are engaged/married/happy.  So for some people it works.

I find that just getting out and doing social things is a lot more fun and rewarding and the quality of people you meet (guys & girls) is much higher. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:04:55 PM by Bebpo »

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
I just got back on OKCupid after being off for almost a year.
UNF

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I hope things never get so bad that I have to resort to online dating.

That dry spell at the beginning of the year almost pushed me to that point though :(
🍆🍆

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
OKC only increased my hatred for Upstate South Carolina.

Phoenix Dark

My okcupid experience basically boils down to:

*view my visitors*
*click one that looks ok, only to realize MySpace angles are hiding 50 pounds*
* "MrsBradPitt450 is looking at your profile!" *
*log out ASAP*

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
anybody ever try Geek2Geek? Saw some nerdy gamer-type chicks in my area... but it seems like a lot of them are into open relationships and all that kinda stuff (not my thing at all). Maybe I'll give it a try...
^_^

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
anybody ever try Geek2Geek? Saw some nerdy gamer-type chicks in my area... but it seems like a lot of them are into open relationships and all that kinda stuff (not my thing at all). Maybe I'll give it a try...

I looked at it for a few minutes and saw that only a few girls in this area (and this is the fucking Bay Area) have logged in within the last 6 months. Seems like a waste of time.

Phoenix Dark

Just checked that site, clicked first moderately attractive woman near me
hey there is more to me than meets the eye love video games nature tcg's mmorpg's music harly davidson motorcycles knows a bit about computers loves anime wants to see the world creative reads manga sings for fun loyal honest and blunt and i dont take hints very well very shy
also i am looking for yu-gi-oh players who are interested in joining a team for tournaments ect if interested or have any questions comments or concerns contact me

*exits site forever*

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
"hi! Do u wanna fall into the black abyss of obsession with stupid shit? MSG me!"
o_0

etiolate

You know you want to MAF

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
One of my good friends found a pretty cool girlfriend through online dating, too. But both you guys are really good-looking. Yes homo.
AMC

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I'm still holding out hope that I'll meet a really hot, kinky deaf-mute chick so I'll never have to listen to inane chatter.
yar

MrAngryFace

I dunno where my current relationship is going- both of us are really busy and dont live right next to each other- so we do weekend things but thats it so far. Not a big deal really. Dating is a lot less intense/stressful when you've spent a few years being ok with living alone. Relationship could go either way *shrug*
o_0

MrAngryFace

I dont really care about employment- as long as its clear they're clearly active in the pursuit of something meaningful good enough for me. I suspect there are women out there that are the same. I didnt post my job/earnings when I setup an online dating thing- it HONESTLY shouldnt be an issue- and if it is, I prolly dont wanna deal with em.
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Honestly, I just want to meet and date a girl who I don't feel is intellectually inferior to me.  Which is gonna be kind of tough, since any girl who isn't dumb is probably not gonna want to date a dude in the situation I'm in but whatever.
yar

MrAngryFace

Maybe need to not worry about inferiority and focus more on willingness to learn/understand. In most cases casting a wider-net is needed the older you get, but you can do that without compromising that 'type' of person you want to spend time with.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

MAF you're ignoring the elephant in the room here: what does your cat think about this relationship?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Maybe need to not worry about inferiority and focus more on willingness to learn/understand. In most cases casting a wider-net is needed the older you get, but you can do that without compromising that 'type' of person you want to spend time with.

I probably worded that poorly... what I really mean is that I want to date someone who isn't actively dumb.
yar

MrAngryFace

ah k, yeah thats pretty much my thing- I dont expect anyone to be 'there' yet in terms of employment or whatever- but they need to want to fuckin try
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Also, no one with a shit ton of emotional problems and baggage-  haha KIDDING WE'RE TALKING ABOUT WOMEN HERE AMIRITE???

:-\
yar

MrAngryFace

Everyones got that shit sadly- I've been watching a lot of reality tv lately, thinking about how people behave at work- and I seriously marvel at how the human race is where it is
o_0

Bebpo

Also, no one with a shit ton of emotional problems and baggage-  haha KIDDING WE'RE TALKING ABOUT WOMEN HERE AMIRITE???

:-\

Meh, everyone's got issues.  It's all about if they can move past them and keep them under control in time.

You don't want to look down the rabbit hole.

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
Everyones got that shit sadly- I've been watching a lot of reality tv lately, thinking about how people behave at work- and I seriously marvel at how the human race is where it is

Because of the exceptional few.
UNF

FatalT

I've gotta stay off MeetMe.com. If I talk to ONE more girl who claims to be older than 15 or 16 and actually isn't, I'm going to flip my shit.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
I've gotta stay off MeetMe.com. If I talk to ONE more girl who claims to be older than 15 or 16 and actually isn't, I'm going to flip my shit.

Wasn't it you who said that some 15 year old tricked you long enough to give you blowie and then kept telling you how much she loved you? Why would you subject yourself to such a site?

FatalT

Wasn't it you who said that some 15 year old tricked you long enough to give you blowie and then kept telling you how much she loved you? Why would you subject yourself to such a site?

:lol Yeah, that happened about 6 years ago when I was 18 as well! I'm glad you remembered that. The site has its ups and downs. Sure, I now have 4 16 or almost 16 year olds messaging me on kik and that site but I've also gotten in touch with a decent amount of people my age as well!

Risk and reward system. It's more entertaining to use than OKCupid or any other dating site because of the way it works. It's almost a game to see how "popular" you can get instead of just a way to meet womens. I have enough free time to actually "play the game" and never have any intentions of meeting these people in person.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
:lol

Does she have a decent job, or will you be all :smug to her over it

She's working at an entry level job in advertising so it probably doesn't pay a whole lot.  I don't know if I will be :smug to her about it.  I'll see how lunch goes.

Well, I had lunch with this girl yesterday and it turned out very well.  Perhaps I can exact my anal revenge after all!
🍆🍆

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
I've only had my okcupid account for 2 days and I'm already being swarmed by the ladies! Already got 3 hot girls wanting to meet me in person.  :-*
UNF

Lan

I hope none of them turn out to be crazy.

/cheering for you

FatalT

Sooooo a girl I met in person and hung out with one 2 occasions was short with me last night during our usual texting conversation. I knew something was up. She sent me a flirty text that didn't apply to anything we were saying and she said it was meant for someone else. This morning I text her and she calls me Evan. WELP. PACK IT IN BOYS.

Although now she's all apologetic and guilty because she knows she fucked up.

Bebpo

haha, yikes.  At least you know to move on.
I took another one of Oscar's so called "lumps" myself this week.  But although we were hanging out a bunch of times over the last month and getting along, she kind of was terrible at our actual date, so it was a mutual "not feeling it" in the end. 

Probably gonna get back on that okc one of these days.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️

goddamnit. drunk thread still remembers.

Guess I'll have to try to get with that girl who works at the deli.

FatalT

haha, yikes.  At least you know to move on.
I took another one of Oscar's so called "lumps" myself this week.  But although we were hanging out a bunch of times over the last month and getting along, she kind of was terrible at our actual date, so it was a mutual "not feeling it" in the end. 

Probably gonna get back on that okc one of these days.
At least you know to move on.
move on.

Hahahahahahahaha...eesh.  :-\

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
Demand apology sex from her.

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
So I was having a nice convo with this hot girl on okc and she brought up my job.

girl - "So it says that you work in healthcare.. I'm guessing you are a doctor? That's awesome! What field?"

poor bm - "I'm not a doctor"

*never hears from girl again*

:(
UNF

Bebpo

Eh, saved you from wasting more time on a shallow gold digger.  It's a good thing.