Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1244983 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #2820 on: October 18, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »
Or, you know, be an adult about shit and if your relationship has gotten to the point where you want to fuck other people just end it.  I guess you could also just modify it to include fuckin around, but in my experience that just sort of puts it on deathwatch countdown.
yar

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #2821 on: October 18, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »
Sometimes, even when caught red handed, people think they didn't do anything wrong and you're the one being the asshole.
Sounds like my divorce.  *shrug*  People turn into weirdos during break ups.  They tend to lose all common decency. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2822 on: October 18, 2012, 10:54:25 AM »
Or, you know, be an adult about shit and if your relationship has gotten to the point where you want to fuck other people just end it.  I guess you could also just modify it to include fuckin around, but in my experience that just sort of puts it on deathwatch countdown.
Definitely a better fantasy than reality. 

In the end, communicate and try to make your partner happy.  Most people just lock up and won't say when they're unhappy.  It's pathetic.

Himu

« Reply #2823 on: October 18, 2012, 11:30:45 AM »
A friend recently just finished his divorce after a year (!). His wife cheated on him and he brewed on it for SIX MONTHS. It wasn't over (yet), but he tried to give it another shot because they had over 12 year history, and he just couldn't do it. When he was done, he just decided to divorce. Meanwhile he wife turned into a total bitch, decided to live with her new beau, and acts like she did nothing absolutely wrong.

Her family doesn't understand why she even did it and that she ruined a completely good thing.

I think it's a defense mechanism to spare yourself the guilt.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:32:32 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2824 on: October 18, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »
It's hard to be mature about shit when you've got a long history and there's lots of feels involved, but in the long run you'll be better off if you trade a little short term awkwardness and unhappiness for being real about shit and getting it over with.  You can either get stabbed real quick and let it heal, or get pricked with pins for the rest of your life and let that shit fester forever.  No thanks.
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2825 on: October 18, 2012, 12:53:17 PM »
When it's over it's over. It's always hard to end any relationship. Ive had two gf's for 2/2.5 years each and letting go was hard, but if you have kids and spent 10+ years together... must be devastating.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:55:48 PM by Premium Lager »

« Reply #2826 on: October 18, 2012, 02:42:23 PM »
Bebpo, you're in SoCal right? OC? LA?

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2827 on: October 18, 2012, 02:50:36 PM »
It's weird, the ugliest divorces (I have witnessed) are usually when kids aren't involved. As horrible as it is, sometimes having children involved can keep people more level-headed about their lives being ruined. Probably the threat of losing visitation rights keeps them check.

I've told this story before .. but I have a group picture on a bookshelf from a 2002 trip to Jamaica (where we went with 7 other couples). Of that group, only 2 couples are still married. With one of the girls just going through her second divorce since then. Modern marriage ... how does it work?

Himu

« Reply #2828 on: October 18, 2012, 02:51:13 PM »
Yeah, my friend and his wife didn't have kids.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2829 on: October 18, 2012, 03:30:28 PM »
The absolute worst divorce I have ever seen involved a child... but it also involved a woman who faked getting beaten up by the guy and had someone take pictures of "the altercation"; she also went to school to become a paralegal for the express purpose of best learning how to fuck him over and get custody of the kid.  She's a real piece of work, and needless to say I'm super glad I never fucked her back in the day.
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2830 on: October 18, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
Worst divorce in terms of stupidity...probably my uncle's. I knew he was fucked when I heard that he dated her for MONTHS before finding out she had a kid; and she wasn't the one who told him about it. Yet he still married her, had a kid with her, and it lasted for about 7 or 8 years. Nice lady, not bad looking, but she was like the stereotypical older chick who wants to act like she's still 23, partying and pretending like she doesn't have a kid back at grandma's house. No interest in being a mom, and the results are still rather visible in my cousin  :-\

Bebpo

« Reply #2831 on: October 18, 2012, 10:57:48 PM »

OC.  Wanna get a beer?

« Reply #2832 on: October 19, 2012, 12:11:47 AM »

OC.  Wanna get a beer?

Sounds good! I'll have to hit you up in a couple weeks after midterms.

I was going to say I could totally be your wingman :lol As a married guy it's a lot easier to deal with girls.

"HEY LADIES, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO THIS GUY I MET ON THE INTERNET. HE'S DONE STRANGLING HOMELESS DRIFTERS FOR SEX AND IS READY TO SETTLE DOWN."

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #2833 on: October 19, 2012, 12:40:48 AM »
what about me? i live near also!  :maf
UNF

« Reply #2834 on: October 19, 2012, 01:10:05 AM »
what about me? i live near also!  :maf

Yeah we should have a Bore meetup! SoCal Bore is best Bore.

Bebpo

« Reply #2835 on: October 19, 2012, 01:05:44 PM »
It really is.  Need to get all the Seattle/Oregon folk to come down here to drink tequila, eat burritos, and surf.

Where are you taking class at?

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #2836 on: October 19, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »
hey now
うぐう

« Reply #2838 on: October 19, 2012, 03:17:34 PM »
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:26:24 PM by Rusty Shackleford »

Bebpo

« Reply #2839 on: October 19, 2012, 03:52:08 PM »
Damn, I've known so many guys & girls who went to Fullerton.  Heck, I was just in the coffee shop across the street yesterday and the barista started chatting with me and I asked where she's going to school and she said Fullerton.  My first gf went to CSUF and I used to hang out on the campus helping her with her homework.  My friend's little sister goes there, etc.. etc...  Really popular school down here.

« Reply #2840 on: October 19, 2012, 03:55:59 PM »
Damn, I've known so many guys & girls who went to Fullerton.  Heck, I was just in the coffee shop across the street yesterday and the barista started chatting with me and I asked where she's going to school and she said Fullerton.  My first gf went to CSUF and I used to hang out on the campus helping her with her homework.  My friend's little sister goes there, etc.. etc...  Really popular school down here.

Yes it's a pretty good school. Less than half the cost of UCI too (did my undergrad there). I think it's impossible to live in OC and not know someone who went to CSUF.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2842 on: October 19, 2012, 06:52:34 PM »
Talked to the Chinese chick a couple days ago, we're going to hang out tomorrow  :zelda

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #2843 on: October 19, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »
Say that you'll be her prince chow mein. But pronounce it charming obv.
:{]

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2844 on: October 19, 2012, 07:35:18 PM »
hey now

(Image removed from quote.)

Goddamn, what a great show that was.

Started watching this the other day just because you mentioned it in the TV show thread a while back. Pretty damn great.
AMC

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2845 on: October 19, 2012, 09:35:29 PM »
One of the most pleasant surprises I found on Netflix.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #2846 on: October 19, 2012, 09:43:59 PM »
what show is that
IYKYK

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #2847 on: October 19, 2012, 11:19:04 PM »
the larry sanders show
うぐう

Himu

« Reply #2849 on: October 19, 2012, 11:58:46 PM »
:lol :lol

I always wondered what they talk about during commercials on talk shows.
IYKYK

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #2850 on: October 20, 2012, 02:47:49 AM »
It's weird, the ugliest divorces (I have witnessed) are usually when kids aren't involved. As horrible as it is, sometimes having children involved can keep people more level-headed about their lives being ruined. Probably the threat of losing visitation rights keeps them check.

I've told this story before .. but I have a group picture on a bookshelf from a 2002 trip to Jamaica (where we went with 7 other couples). Of that group, only 2 couples are still married. With one of the girls just going through her second divorce since then. Modern marriage ... how does it work?

One of my friends was "the kid that was supposed to save the marriage." Didn't work. Left her with some serious daddy issues (since he was the philanderer and didn't even hide it). She has a half-sister the same age as her sister.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2851 on: October 20, 2012, 02:52:34 AM »
I'm 99.9% my parents stayed together because of me.

I hate myself.

I also only get involved with girls online who already have a boyfriend.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:54:49 AM by CajoleJuice »
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2852 on: October 20, 2012, 02:59:51 AM »

I hate myself.

I read this as you saying you met a chick online and just found out it's your mom

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2853 on: October 20, 2012, 03:02:56 AM »

I hate myself.

I read this as you saying you met a chick online and just found out it's your mom

I have no joke here except that I could destroy your life.
AMC

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2854 on: October 20, 2012, 03:03:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure my parents got married because of me... their wedding was in December and I was born in June.

The 2nd time they got married was also probably because of me and my sister.  My family life has always been supremely fucked up.
yar

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #2855 on: October 20, 2012, 03:04:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure my parents got married because of me... their wedding was in December and I was born in June.

The 2nd time they got married was also probably because of me and my sister.  My family life has always been supremely fucked up.

Shotgun wedding? Married a second time? Wait what.

Himu

« Reply #2856 on: October 20, 2012, 03:07:18 AM »

IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2857 on: October 20, 2012, 03:07:52 AM »

My dad has been married five times.  Twice to my mother.
yar

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #2858 on: October 20, 2012, 03:11:19 AM »

Do you have a bunch of half-siblings then?

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2859 on: October 20, 2012, 03:11:35 AM »
marriage woooo
AMC

Himu

« Reply #2860 on: October 20, 2012, 03:12:32 AM »
marriage sounds like torture honestly
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2861 on: October 20, 2012, 03:12:53 AM »
i was being sarcastic
AMC

Himu

« Reply #2862 on: October 20, 2012, 03:18:34 AM »
but it does! I know maybe 1 in 10 married couples who are happy with each other.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2863 on: October 20, 2012, 03:21:06 AM »
but it does! I know maybe 1 in 10 married couples who are happy with each other.

stop hanging around religious black people

Himu

« Reply #2864 on: October 20, 2012, 03:24:15 AM »
haha  :lol
IYKYK

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #2865 on: October 20, 2012, 03:31:19 AM »
marriage sounds like torture honestly

It sounds more like a bunch of people rush into that shit with not all the checkboxes marked off. I mean it's pretty judgmental on my behalf but when I see people get married without some sort of semi-permanent job or career, only being in a relationship for less than a couple years, getting married young or the way some do married before you even live together, my prognosis for the marriage lasting is always grave.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2866 on: October 20, 2012, 08:15:47 AM »
Say that you'll be her prince chow mein. But pronounce it charming obv.

OK this made me  :lol

bow :bow2

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2867 on: October 20, 2012, 11:29:05 AM »

Do you have a bunch of half-siblings then?

Just an older half brother from my dad's first marriage.  My mom was number 2 & 4.
yar

Lan

« Reply #2868 on: October 20, 2012, 01:13:49 PM »
Talked to the Chinese chick a couple days ago, we're going to hang out tomorrow  :zelda

Show her your chop stick moves.

(late response lol)

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2869 on: October 20, 2012, 02:40:57 PM »
Postponed to Sunday lol. We shall see

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2870 on: October 21, 2012, 09:33:07 PM »
Girl from the show got tied up in a grad school research project all last nite... we rescheduled for wednesday, hopefully it goes through this time.
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2871 on: October 22, 2012, 11:37:29 AM »
I think a big mistake is seeing marriage as some kind of final state, as in, you've won the game once you get married.

There are so many movies which end with the couple getting married, so many fairy tales with "Happily Ever After..." at the end -- and I think these things are more toxic to our society than all the action movies out there. When men watch an action movie, we don't think "That could really happen!" But when women watch romance movies, there's some part of their head that buys into the scenario. This is the kind of life, the kind of romance they want, and it's just not the way it works.

Marriage is really just meeting someone whom you love enough to say "I am going to work on this relationship with you for the rest of our lives. You're great, you're worth it, I'll be here for you." When people forget that, and think things should "just work," that's when they fall apart.

Girl from the show got tied up in a grad school research project all last nite... we rescheduled for wednesday, hopefully it goes through this time.
For a moment there, I was really happy for you.

Lan

« Reply #2872 on: October 22, 2012, 12:40:54 PM »

Order sum sushi  ;) (if you all go out)

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2873 on: October 22, 2012, 12:43:34 PM »
I think a big mistake is seeing marriage as some kind of final state, as in, you've won the game once you get married.

There are so many movies which end with the couple getting married, so many fairy tales with "Happily Ever After..." at the end -- and I think these things are more toxic to our society than all the action movies out there. When men watch an action movie, we don't think "That could really happen!" But when women watch romance movies, there's some part of their head that buys into the scenario. This is the kind of life, the kind of romance they want, and it's just not the way it works.

Marriage is really just meeting someone whom you love enough to say "I am going to work on this relationship with you for the rest of our lives. You're great, you're worth it, I'll be here for you." When people forget that, and think things should "just work," that's when they fall apart.

Tell me more sensei before I take the plunge.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2874 on: October 22, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »
Marriage isn't the final state, it's just the beginning of the game.

Survivor. Outwit, outplay and outlast all your rivals.

The secret joy in marriage is laughing at all your friends that have failed.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2875 on: October 22, 2012, 02:10:17 PM »

Order sum sushi  ;) (if you all go out)

I was going to suggest a local Somalian place but let her choose. Applebee's

Went well outside of the shitty waitress. But I don't think we'll be dating, just hanging out

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2876 on: October 22, 2012, 02:33:53 PM »
Never had Somalian food I'd love to check it out (is it anything like Ethiopian?). Many girls like it when a guy comes across as having a plan, making suggestions for a restaurant and date activity...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll be honest if a girl suggested Applebees or Cheesecake Factory or one of those chains on a first date I'd rebuke with a good local place :P
[close]
^_^

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2877 on: October 22, 2012, 02:48:24 PM »
They're rather similar. Samosas, lots of rice dishes/stew, etc

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2878 on: October 22, 2012, 03:06:15 PM »
Somalian food has lots of meat, rice, and yeah beef samosas. It's really good if you have a place nearby.

Beezy

« Reply #2879 on: October 22, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »

:bow
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:30:36 PM by Beezy »