Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1244724 times)

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #7140 on: September 22, 2014, 07:59:43 PM »
Oh, don't worry.

I'll make it dark and depressing soon.  :smug

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #7141 on: September 22, 2014, 08:27:46 PM »
How did I start a happy spiral? I'm sick.

(Image removed from quote.)

Not only did you take the L, you made the rest of us take involuntary ones too. :bolo

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7142 on: September 22, 2014, 08:46:06 PM »
The fuck is going on in this thread? This is sickening.

Limp wristed circle-jerk.
I just realized you're using my overly-direct translation of お疲れ様 as your avatar-text.
Reb様
:uguu

Probably happy. I think my particular collection of neuroses will keep me from really feeling/saying it with confidence. Sometimes though- with enough beer im almost there.
Just accept my XBL Friend invite, you big wookiee. We can timeshare our neuroses after that.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7143 on: September 22, 2014, 08:53:45 PM »
How did I start a happy spiral? I'm sick.

(Image removed from quote.)

Not only did you take the L, you made the rest of us take involuntary ones too. :bolo

My losses are your losses comrade.

PlayDat

« Reply #7144 on: September 23, 2014, 04:47:56 PM »
I like one of my coworkers.  She has the kind of bubbly personality that guys probably mistake for flirting all the time.  I don’t think she’s been flirting with me, but I never think anyone is.  She’s only been working here for the past couple weeks and she’ll be leaving soon because the schedule isn’t working out for her.  Last night I asked her when her last day would be and she glared at me, then responded with a very exaggerated “What?  Why do you want to know?”  I’m not sure if this was a missed opportunity or if she somehow knew I liked her, but didn’t want me to ask her out.  We’ll be working together three more times before she’s gone for good.

Most 20 years olds have more experience dating than I do.  I have a chronic illness that I’ve only gotten under control fairly recently.  For the better part of a decade, I had near constant diarrhea, rectal bleeding, hemorrhoids, and a tiny appetite.  I dreaded going to the bathroom as each bowel movement was half hour or more ordeal.  I was in a lot of pain.  My ass hurt just walking to and from class.  My confidence was rekt. 

My pediatrician was horrible, which is why I didn’t get diagnosed until late 2012 when I moved away for school.  I started receiving treatment in early 2013.  My health improved dramatically.  I also started going to the gym regularly.  By the end of the year I gained 40 pounds, with muscle making up a decent portion of it.

That same year was also the first time I ever really dated.  I went to an all boys high school and didn’t make much of an effort to socialize with any of the girls in my neighborhood.  I didn’t go to my prom because I literally didn’t know any teenage girls I could have asked.  Since my health has started improving, I’ve asked out a bunch of women, but have yet to go on a second date with anyone. 

I’m not really sure if this is the right approach.  There’s a lot of hooking up that happens here, but it’s not really something I’ve ever tried for a number of reasons.  A lot of them happen while both parties are inebriated, but due to my illness, alcohol is prohibited among many other dietary restrictions.  I also don't like how the ones that don't result in relationships leave at least one person bitter in the end.

I’ve been much more direct with the women I’ve been interested in, but I’m not sure if that’s a sign of confidence or an inability to interpret more subtle forms of communication.  I like being honest with people and knowing where exactly I stand with them.  This has mean racking up rejections, with each one burning my soul much more than it ought to.  When I think about it logically, I know it shouldn’t matter but that doesn’t stop it from bothering me.  I end up getting upset at myself for not having figured this stuff out yet.

I don’t even really know what I’m looking for right now.  Relationships seem nice, but I’m starting to think I might not have room in my life for a girlfriend right now.  I’m majoring in STEM and I work part time.  I’d have to find someone who was okay with not seeing me several days a week.  I’m barely able to submit my assignments on time.  I can’t even goof off on forums the way I did during the summer.  I don’t know if I could tolerate having someone that I need to check in with everyday.  It’s possible I only feel this way because I’m afraid of getting hurt and I’m sure I’d feel even more upset if I graduated college unfucked. 

Outside of the sexlessness, I'm very happy with my life right now.  I’m living in an apartment this year which means I have my own room for the first time ever,  I completed a couple of projects over the summer which did wonders for my confidence in my skills as a programmer, and I’m currently the healthiest I’ve ever been.  There are certainly things I’d change, but I like the way I look and I love the person I’m growing into. 

Closing questions:

1) Was college easy mode for you dating-wise?
2) Is it a waste of time trying to date in the traditional sense while I'm here?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7145 on: September 23, 2014, 04:50:02 PM »
This is really fun if you only read the first sentence of every paragraph. The twists and turns are amazing.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #7146 on: September 23, 2014, 04:56:56 PM »
1. Yes but for reasons I'd rather not get into that may or may not be universal.
2. Not necessarily, but you need to play catch up before you should be thinking about that (imo).

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

nudemacusers

« Reply #7148 on: September 24, 2014, 12:54:25 AM »
damn dude. how did it go out?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7149 on: September 24, 2014, 12:58:30 AM »
sorry to hear that man

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7150 on: September 24, 2014, 01:04:17 AM »
I got you.

Kara

« Reply #7151 on: September 24, 2014, 01:32:29 AM »
2014 claims another victim.

Sorry Shark.

Fuck this shitty fucking year.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7152 on: September 24, 2014, 01:57:07 AM »
sorry to hear bruh, you're gonna feel worse than you've ever felt pretty soon but it'll get better

the girl i've been on two dates with was originally going to come over my place for dinner/movie date but i feel she's still unsure about doing it because i brought it up and she diverted into going to see another play this week instead.

:yeshrug guess i won't try to force the matter.
nat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7153 on: September 24, 2014, 02:19:20 AM »
Sorry Shark. I could tell you that this is just part of life and it's going to happen to you again and again, but I'm sure that's not what you want or need to hear right now. So, just sorry it is. Hang in there, buddy.

:tocry

On a personal level, was about to deactivate my profile AGAIN and yet AGAIN some random woman messaged me. She's cute but super hippie dippie, makes all of her own food, sources it locally/organically, blah blah blah. This will end poorly, so of course I'm gonna ask her out.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7154 on: September 24, 2014, 02:27:37 AM »
That's a physical impossibility for me

:shaq
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7155 on: September 24, 2014, 03:23:38 AM »
Hang in there dude. If there's one thing I learned over the years

hampster

« Reply #7156 on: September 24, 2014, 01:54:53 PM »
Sorry to hear that Shark :( But weren't you planning to move to Texas at some point? Hopefully this all ends up being for the best
Zzz

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7157 on: September 24, 2014, 07:49:59 PM »
I meant it, I'm proud of your Shark. You'll be fine.

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #7158 on: September 24, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »
Sorry Shark :'( shit sucks, but it sounds like it might be for the best.

Still :fbm
(|)

mitchbade

« Reply #7159 on: September 24, 2014, 09:41:59 PM »
Holy fucking shit. My friend's wife is leaving him for me.

mitchbade

« Reply #7160 on: September 24, 2014, 10:15:09 PM »
 ;)

Kara

« Reply #7161 on: September 24, 2014, 10:18:39 PM »
Holy fucking shit. My friend's wife is leaving him for me.

Horus Lupercal stylee. :obama

PlayDat

« Reply #7162 on: September 24, 2014, 11:07:05 PM »
I like one of my coworkers.  She has the kind of bubbly personality that guys probably mistake for flirting all the time.  I don’t think she’s been flirting with me, but I never think anyone is.  She’s only been working here for the past couple weeks and she’ll be leaving soon because the schedule isn’t working out for her.  Last night I asked her when her last day would be and she glared at me, then responded with a very exaggerated “What?  Why do you want to know?”  I’m not sure if this was a missed opportunity or if she somehow knew I liked her, but didn’t want me to ask her out.  We’ll be working together three more times before she’s gone for good.

She said yes.  It's been way too long since I went on a date.  I'm trying to keep a cool head about things.  Gonna keep my eyes peeled for other potential women of interest.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7163 on: September 24, 2014, 11:30:59 PM »
hope you have some resumes on deck breh

PlayDat

« Reply #7164 on: September 24, 2014, 11:52:56 PM »

Did you read the post?  She's leaving next week.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7165 on: September 25, 2014, 07:50:22 AM »
she's coming back when the pregnancy test reads positive.  and this time she's coming back for good

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7166 on: September 25, 2014, 10:24:06 AM »

Did you read the post?  She's leaving next week.

Honestly no. I just read the first sentence.

nudemacusers

« Reply #7167 on: September 25, 2014, 01:11:20 PM »
Just here to deliver more L's.

8 years together, 6 married. Still head over heels in love. Amazing baby girl.

The only bad thing about our relationship is that it's so great and easy that we routinely find ourselves in these conversations with friends who are upset they can't find the same strong relationship. We always feel bad.
this is a brutal post i love it.

but it also true.

I think i'm at 7 years next year. gettin old brehs.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7168 on: September 26, 2014, 02:34:25 AM »
date 3 tonight

another really good night of comfortable talk. good chemistry (IMO). laughing, very casual. we ate at a mexican place and saw an Oscar Wilde play (no hipster). good night

I'm still not progressing passed the hug state though. i'm not feeling comfortable doing stuff like "making moves" in public i guess. and i feel she's really shy about it as well so we're basically just spinning wheels? i'm super pessimistic about this.

we're totally planning on seeing each other again. i'm gonna push for a dinner date at my place. gonna try hard because I think that's the where the progression can happen.
nat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7169 on: September 26, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »
walk her back to her car and just lean in.  Do it taco
püp

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7170 on: September 26, 2014, 11:54:01 AM »
Yea, you're not going to know until you try. Even if it's awkward and you have the slight smell of vomit on your breath, it will be better than this purgatory you find yourself in.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:18:36 PM by ToxicAdam »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7171 on: September 26, 2014, 12:09:01 PM »
Or even worse in two months you go for it and you're now just a friend. A friend she thought was gay. And she's actually banging your best friend. Do it bro

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7172 on: September 26, 2014, 12:18:05 PM »
And a lot of times, the girl will reciprocate.  I've never been in a situation where a girl backs away.  You're on a date.  She knows what to expect.
püp

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7173 on: September 26, 2014, 12:24:46 PM »
I think it's a mistake to go in for the first kiss at the end of the date. Because you become preoccupied by the idea the whole date and start to get anxious. Then when it happens, she leaves and you are left there wondering how it went .. did she like it .. will she call you again? It can lead to even more uncertainty, especially if you are prone to that kind of thing.

It's best to do it sometime in the middle of a date when you two share a moment or a laugh. It feels more natural and it takes the edge off the date and you can just relax and enjoy each other's company from then on out. Also, if it goes horribly, you can bail on the night and not waste each other's time.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7174 on: September 26, 2014, 12:57:46 PM »
Hmm.  That's a good approach, I never thought of that
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7175 on: September 26, 2014, 04:45:05 PM »
This is why the handshake always works. It's a weird ice breaker that automatically makes her feel comfortable and will get a chuckle. And when you go for the handshake again on the third date she'll be the one who hugs you.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #7176 on: September 26, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »
Next time, give her a dap. If she just daps, she is still being shy. If she daps and makes it explode, she want the d.
©ZH

Kara

« Reply #7177 on: September 26, 2014, 05:10:40 PM »
Ayyo why Tinder gotta hate on me for trying to use a fresh Facebook account. :shaq2

Time to find 50 "friends" with it I guess. :yeshrug

Himu

« Reply #7178 on: September 27, 2014, 02:23:55 AM »
This post is semi-explicit and a look into ones psychosis.

:drudge

WARNING.

So laying in bed with this chick just watching tv...I like her. I like this. And it once again confirms that this transition thing was the best decision I've made in my life. I haven't done this in so long. I've finally shed any excess baggage and stress due to my transition and everything else that I'm finally in the mental zone to date again and be proud of my body. In past relationships, there was a big mental block for me. I didn't like being treated like a man, and I didn't enjoy having relations as one either. So say time I'd date someone it felt forced. How can you have a fo relationship with someone if they see you as how you don't want to be seen? It's impossible. She makes me feel incredibly sexy and now I realize my body issues the past few months are just in my head, sort of like when you lose a shit ton of weight and you still consider yourself fat. But when she compliments my hips and says I have sexier thighs than hers, slaps my ass, or when she plays with my breasts, I finally feel like I don't have to pretend. I'm finally feel at home and comfortable with someone and there's no longer this unexplainable wall between the two of us. The fact she accepts me makes it even better.

I also did miss pussy. :noah especially black pussy :noah
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7179 on: September 27, 2014, 02:36:58 AM »
Even if this doesn't work out, this has given me so much confidence, and I desperately need more of that.
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7180 on: September 27, 2014, 03:06:46 AM »
Bless up Himu

Beezy

« Reply #7181 on: September 27, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »
Being accepted always feels great. Happy for you, Himu.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #7182 on: September 29, 2014, 01:59:31 AM »
your life tied into a meat knot
QED

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7183 on: September 29, 2014, 11:30:40 AM »
your life tied into a meat knot

Hand to god, this is how I misread the thread title EVERY TIME.

Cheddahz

« Reply #7184 on: October 01, 2014, 09:55:26 PM »
So, I've gone on a couple of lunch dates with this girl and yeah...I like her, but I have no idea how to "ask her out"

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7185 on: October 01, 2014, 10:07:23 PM »
:what

You've already been "out" with her.  There have been dates.  Call/text her and just ask if she wants to grab dinner or drinks at night.  Done.
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7186 on: October 01, 2014, 10:16:51 PM »
Cheddahz this is your father. Just ask that young lady out. Send her a text message from your cell phone. And don't forget to brush your teeth tonight.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7187 on: October 01, 2014, 10:23:47 PM »
This is all terrible advice. Put your hand in her back pocket next time you're both out to let her and everyone else know she's been claimed

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7188 on: October 01, 2014, 10:29:39 PM »
ask her out for dinner.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7189 on: October 01, 2014, 10:32:45 PM »
Side hug her
püp

Cheddahz

« Reply #7190 on: October 01, 2014, 10:33:00 PM »
Damn it, I probably shouldn't had asked here lol

Well, I guess I'll just see if she is free after work Saturday and see if she wants to grab coffee (and I'll offer to pay for it)

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7191 on: October 01, 2014, 10:33:29 PM »
shaking hands is for closers. do that after the date, never fails.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7192 on: October 01, 2014, 10:34:56 PM »
Fuck coffee, get dinner. You're already dangerously close to the lunch-buddy status.  And don't blurt out "I'LL PAY MA'AM" for this.  That reeks of desperation.  Just ask her out for dinner or drinks.  This ain't hard.
püp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7193 on: October 01, 2014, 10:36:56 PM »
I'm hard. What up!

Cheddahz

« Reply #7194 on: October 01, 2014, 10:51:02 PM »
Shit, I'm just going to ask her out for sushi on Saturday

Kara

« Reply #7195 on: October 01, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »
Damn it, I probably shouldn't had asked here lol

Well, I guess I'll just see if she is free after work Saturday and see if she wants to grab coffee (and I'll offer to pay for it)

Don't mind BN, he was suffering from a painful lack of self-awareness when he   :what 'd you. :beli

e: Now that I'm reentering my #dgaf phase, I hope I can reach a level of no fuck giving where I closer handshake. I'm so curious how hilarious it will be irl.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:04:05 PM by Vularai »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7196 on: October 01, 2014, 11:15:33 PM »
Hey Cheddahz man you'll figure it out. You'll be alright.

Cheddahz

« Reply #7197 on: October 01, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »
Well, I just asked her out for dinner and we're grabbing sushi this weekend

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7198 on: October 01, 2014, 11:57:39 PM »
Nice!  Hope it goes well man.
püp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7199 on: October 02, 2014, 12:07:49 AM »
shaking hands is for closers. do that after the date, never fails.

i have a 100% success rate

spoiler (click to show/hide)
1/1
[close]
nat