Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1242401 times)

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #7560 on: December 11, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »
i'm fucking terrified about giving my gift to her this xmas. like, i'm deathly afraid she'll hate what i got.

how absolutely cliche can i be right now?

especially considering i'll like whatever she gets me because THAT'S THE POINT.
nat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #7561 on: December 11, 2014, 08:40:13 PM »
what did you get her?
püp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7562 on: December 11, 2014, 08:46:11 PM »
2 things (so far)

-A Garrus POP figure (she's a big Garrus fan)
-A red Cashmere scarf (she really likes scarves)

I feel like it's missing something.

nat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7563 on: December 11, 2014, 09:22:53 PM »
By ideal I mean: what she wrote on her profile doesn't make me cringe, her physical appearance is close to my type, and she lives in relative proximity to where I live. I know for a fact that I have more ideal partners out there but they all live in states that aren't GOP strongholds.

She talks about her art a bunch so I'm going start off by asking her what her preferred medium is and then I'll branch off from there.

:yeshrug

Are you certain that she isn’t just an alt you registered and forgot about?

Edit: REPEATEDLY BEATEN, like HALO player picking up COD for the first time. :lol

Make a fem-Atra profile and see how many messages you get.
Getting right on that. :phil

Edit: I have only 2 pics up and I'm already getting bombarded with visits and messages.  ::)
We're having a little back and forth right now.

Eh... Fuck sleep...

You're writing messages to yourself using your FemAtra account, aren't you ? :fbm
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:31:55 PM by chronovore »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7564 on: December 11, 2014, 10:47:15 PM »
2 things (so far)

Why are you so concerned about this?  She's going to love them.  Only other thing that you could do is get her something that she would treasure that reminds her of the two of you.  Even so, she's gonna love it man
püp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7565 on: December 12, 2014, 12:28:59 AM »
2 things (so far)

Why are you so concerned about this?  She's going to love them.  Only other thing that you could do is get her something that she would treasure that reminds her of the two of you.  Even so, she's gonna love it man

I mean I KNOW that but I'm still NERVOUS about it.
nat

Himu

« Reply #7566 on: December 13, 2014, 03:39:47 AM »
I'm not sure what to get a certain someone for Christmas. :( I can think of getting my aunts a cute personalized skin care basket but I can't come up with anything creative for this guy I've been seeing and know lots of intimate and personal things about.

:snoop
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #7567 on: December 15, 2014, 11:44:53 AM »
2 things (so far)

o_0

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7568 on: December 15, 2014, 12:06:07 PM »
i'm fucking terrified about giving my gift to her this xmas. like, i'm deathly afraid she'll hate what i got.

how absolutely cliche can i be right now?

especially considering i'll like whatever she gets me because THAT'S THE POINT.

is this bitch the reason why you arent coming to pax?
fat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7569 on: December 15, 2014, 12:28:02 PM »
no.
nat

PlayDat

« Reply #7570 on: December 18, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »
Am I coming off as desperate if I continue pursuing someone after a long period of absence?  We agreed to go on a date over 2 weeks ago, but our schedules didn't really permit it since finals were on their way.  The semester's officially over on Friday.  We won't even be in the same state for almost another 5 weeks.  We aren't all that close to each other so I don't expect to speak to her much over the break if we do talk at all.  Our university is big enough where I doubt I'd see her in January unless we arranged to.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #7571 on: December 18, 2014, 01:52:23 PM »
Am I coming off as desperate if I continue pursuing someone after a long period of absence?  We agreed to go on a date over 2 weeks ago, but our schedules didn't really permit it since finals were on their way.  The semester's officially over on Friday.  We won't even be in the same state for almost another 5 weeks.  We aren't all that close to each other so I don't expect to speak to her much over the break if we do talk at all.  Our university is big enough where I doubt I'd see her in January unless we arranged to.

Ask once. If she agrees then yes. If she is distant or does not reply? Move along.
YMMV

nudemacusers

« Reply #7572 on: December 18, 2014, 02:12:38 PM »
what he said
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7573 on: December 21, 2014, 03:19:00 AM »
so one of the three gifts I got my girlfriend is a little writers notebook i bought at an art exhibit last week. we were together and she knows about it BUT i want to use it as a segue into saying DEM WORDS

like, my idea is to write something from the heart on the inside front page. either i'll say it directly in the book or when she reads it i'll say it after or something. i dunno.

not really sure what to write yet but we're exchanging gifts on tuesday afternoon so i have some time.

does that sound lame?
nat

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7574 on: December 21, 2014, 08:26:03 AM »
I never understood making things into a production but then again every woman I was ever with complained that I am not romantic. So yeah, that would probably be sweet.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7575 on: December 21, 2014, 08:30:45 PM »
I'm having a particularly hard time getting over the girl from last month, no matter how many dates I've gone on since.  I really fucking hate this. 
püp

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7576 on: December 21, 2014, 08:36:09 PM »
I'm having a particularly hard time getting over the girl from last month, no matter how many dates I've gone on since.  I really fucking hate this.

There is no cheat code for this. Sorry.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7577 on: December 21, 2014, 08:38:44 PM »
I know.  It's the worst.  I can't go over to her side of town without thinking of her, I can't hang out with certain people anymore without being reminded of her, and I can't stand seeing friends post about her/post pictures of her on social feeds.  It's just all a constant bummer and I can't fucking take it.

It's ruining certain aspects of the city for me, and keeping me away from people I'd like to be around.
püp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #7578 on: December 22, 2014, 12:23:05 AM »
Take a break from dating. You don't want to meet a cool person now who you blow off because of this, and then regret it later.

It takes awhile to get over it, and then you move on to the next one.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7579 on: December 22, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »
A pretty cute chick liked me on Ok Cupid yesterday; I found out after randomly liking her. We're only a 67% match though but her profile is definitely in the vein of what I like: not too serious, weirdly funny. Minor religion reference which is better than the hyper religious people that usually like me. Also mentions she is always nude or half clothed when at home.
:hitler

I don't feel like messaging her though, or anyone on OK Cupid. I'll wait a few days and see if she messages me...girls should take the initiative, I'm too shook right now. My dick problems seem to be getting better at least.

edit: she speaks sign language
:rejoice

edit: Would not sleep with someone before marriage :goty
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:49:49 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7580 on: December 22, 2014, 12:18:22 PM »
I sent her a wack ass message, we'll see

I probably shouldn't have mentioned my lunch break is soon because it might give the impression I want to go out for lunch.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #7581 on: December 22, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »
why doesn't bebpo post in this thread anymore  :'(

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #7582 on: December 22, 2014, 07:13:14 PM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7583 on: December 22, 2014, 07:16:27 PM »

Some Ls take nine months to form.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7584 on: December 22, 2014, 07:17:30 PM »

:goty2

Beezy

« Reply #7585 on: December 22, 2014, 07:33:21 PM »
 :obama

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #7586 on: December 22, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »

:heh

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7587 on: December 23, 2014, 12:22:09 AM »
fuck i'm super stressing out right now. tomorrow is gonna be like, a major turning point for things and i'm afraid brehs.
nat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7588 on: December 23, 2014, 12:53:18 AM »
fuck i'm super stressing out right now. tomorrow is gonna be like, a major turning point for things and i'm afraid brehs.

You'll be alright.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7589 on: December 23, 2014, 01:13:50 AM »
 :anhuld
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7590 on: December 23, 2014, 10:57:15 PM »
i chickened out and didn't say it :stahp
nat

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7591 on: December 23, 2014, 11:03:23 PM »
I think the casual drop is much better. I told my wife randomly when she said something funny and after laughing I said I love you. She just smiled and said I love you too. Quit putting so much pressure on it. Say it when you feel it.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7592 on: December 23, 2014, 11:53:39 PM »
probably. we're both terrible at SAYING how we feel.
nat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7593 on: December 24, 2014, 09:16:16 AM »
Talk with your hands. :uguu

nudemacusers

« Reply #7594 on: December 24, 2014, 09:27:42 AM »
making the 'i love you drop' some dramatic important event™ is super corny and something out of a movie. just fuckin say it goddamn.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7595 on: January 01, 2015, 03:53:11 AM »
making the 'i love you drop' some dramatic important event™ is super corny and something out of a movie. just fuckin say it goddamn.

i did it  :-[
nat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7596 on: January 01, 2015, 04:59:53 AM »
It could be worse, could be like the episode of Seinfeld where George drops it and he's not sure if the chick heard it. Talk about awkward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7597 on: January 01, 2015, 05:22:21 AM »
she def heard and even said it back!
nat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7598 on: January 01, 2015, 05:33:45 AM »
Your journey has been brilliant and no one else can own that. Isn't that amazing? You should be proud of yourself. Don't let anyone steal it.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #7599 on: January 01, 2015, 05:59:45 AM »
going back and reading the first reference I made to her is interesting: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=36858.msg1924015#msg1924015

nat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7600 on: January 01, 2015, 06:07:51 AM »
Yeah your an inspiration. Maybe I can also stop being a pip sqweak nerd and talk to the short nice ass redhead at Starbucks. Though I think she has a bf. Whatever she started this. Chick shouldn't be all smiley and given my free large drinks least I get the wrong messaging. Damnit women

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7601 on: January 01, 2015, 11:46:44 AM »
Think about it this way: if she says no thanks you aren't going to die, or be shamed in front of the world, or be laughed at by people, or be jailed, or be slapped, etc. It took me a long time to realize that being turned down isn't the end of the world. In fact it's the easiest rejection to deal with because you don't have many feelings invested: you don't really know her. Whereas the possibility of rejection Fistfull faced with the "I love you" thing was a legit concern.

Just do it. If it doesn't work that's just a weight off your shoulders. You can go about your business, continue to drink there and talk to her without wondering what she thinks .

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7602 on: January 01, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  It's like throwing shit at a wall, something will stick. Just ask ones you're interested in. Someone will eventually say yes. Its a numbers game.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7603 on: January 01, 2015, 03:24:14 PM »
Also don't ask her unless you're serious. If you don't want to put effort into going on a date, having conversations, making jokes/laughing etc then don't try yet. Wait until you're ready for that shit. You don't want to rush into things, screw it up, and then feel bad.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7604 on: January 05, 2015, 12:14:39 AM »
praise the ghosts
püp

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #7605 on: January 07, 2015, 08:15:49 PM »

seriously?

no where to run now  :hitler

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7606 on: January 11, 2015, 02:22:26 PM »
How would one go about approaching a super cute barista at the coffee shop I visit every weekend?  Or is that pretty much frowned upon  :-\

I don't want to outright as for her number, I wanna engage a bit more for the possibility of exchanging numbers.  But I don't know how to go about doing that without crossing the creepy line
püp

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7607 on: January 11, 2015, 04:06:41 PM »
You should probably find out if she's single first. Ask a coworker.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7608 on: January 11, 2015, 04:13:02 PM »
Luckily my sister is friends with a few of the baristas there so I should be able to find out
püp

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7609 on: January 11, 2015, 05:33:37 PM »
I said the co worker route because it shows you are interested. The co worker will naturally tell her that you asked about her and it gives her time to loosen up the next time you come in and ask her out.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7610 on: January 11, 2015, 05:55:26 PM »
I have a friend that likes to play matchmaker when she gets drunk, and it's gotten several people pissed at her. Including me, I was going on about a waitress I have a crush on when we were out one night, and she just walked over to the waitress and asked her if I could call her sometime, and of course the waitress is married. Womp womp womp, awkward times abound.
yar

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #7611 on: January 11, 2015, 06:13:24 PM »
if it makes people feel better I am no closer to having a Relationship than ever.
QED

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #7612 on: January 11, 2015, 07:23:38 PM »
Luckily my sister is friends with a few of the baristas there so I should be able to find out

Won't your sister get jealous doe?
Unzip

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7613 on: January 11, 2015, 07:27:56 PM »
if it makes people feel better I am no closer to having a Relationship than ever.
you say this now but you literally never know even when you're trying. It's kinda what this whole life thing is about.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7614 on: January 11, 2015, 08:52:41 PM »
I'm the master of sending mixed messages. A friend of mine was sick this weekend and thus unable to hang with me. We were going to watch Netflix at my place on Saturday and today; she planned on bringing her brother (who is mentally handicapped) with her on Saturday, and would come solo today. We're just friends although there is some sexual tension.

Anyway...today I had an itch to make some homemade soup, so I made chicken noodle soup. I made too much so I just figured I'd drop some off at her place...so I called, asked if I could bring her something, then showed up with the soup. She was very grateful, I could tell she was quite touched by the gesture.

Fast forward to this evening. I got a text from a mutual friend (and gossip snitch) saying that my friend told her about the soup, and wants to be more than friends.  I "like" her in the sense that we're friends and have a good time together, but I'm not really thinking about girlfriends n shit.

I just wanted to give her some soup yall :brazilcry

Beezy

« Reply #7615 on: January 11, 2015, 09:40:45 PM »
Yeah... that's all on you.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7616 on: January 11, 2015, 09:42:41 PM »
When you said "I had an itch to make some homemade soup," I totally thought it was going to end up being an innuendo for something.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Give her your soup. Give her ALL your soup in her mouth
[close]
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7617 on: January 11, 2015, 09:55:55 PM »
I'm the master of sending mixed messages. A friend of mine was sick this weekend and thus unable to hang with me. We were going to watch Netflix at my place on Saturday and today; she planned on bringing her brother (who is mentally handicapped) with her on Saturday, and would come solo today. We're just friends although there is some sexual tension.

Anyway...today I had an itch to make some homemade soup, so I made chicken noodle soup. I made too much so I just figured I'd drop some off at her place...so I called, asked if I could bring her something, then showed up with the soup. She was very grateful, I could tell she was quite touched by the gesture.

Fast forward to this evening. I got a text from a mutual friend (and gossip snitch) saying that my friend told her about the soup, and wants to be more than friends.  I "like" her in the sense that we're friends and have a good time together, but I'm not really thinking about girlfriends n shit.

I just wanted to give her some soup yall :brazilcry

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7618 on: January 11, 2015, 11:11:32 PM »
This has happened to me a few times. Doing shit that is misread, and then having to awkwardly back out and look like I'm flip flopping. When I decided to take her the soup I admittedly thought she might think it was something more than what I intended, but I quickly dismissed the thought. We've cooked food together before so she knows is not out or he ordinary for me to make stuff.

Beezy

« Reply #7619 on: January 11, 2015, 11:59:27 PM »
You could have simply asked her if she wanted some soup or told her what you were bringing instead of being so vague and seeming like you were trying to surprise her.