Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5490540 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Gold-Plated Trumpmerica Thread |OT| On-time and under-budget
« Reply #600 on: November 26, 2016, 01:33:00 AM »
more like dumbon amirte

seriously why are any of you are actually entertaining discussion with a guy who's hot a goddamn fear and loathing avatar and a dude posting borderline neonazi shit (probably, I stopped reading after he said he felt right nationalism rising inside him) complete with sub-infowars youtube videos

That avatar was so on-the-nose, right?

This thread is becoming a Poe's Law IV drip and it's wild.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #601 on: November 26, 2016, 01:38:13 AM »
I guess I am a "race traitor" though, since probably 40% of my genes are actually from the Alandalus period of mixed race. I'm totally mixed race (if middle eastern is a race). I've seen legit ISIS fighters that look 80% like me. One actually got beheaded so that kinda felt like... damn, weird.

what the fuck

Himu

« Reply #602 on: November 26, 2016, 01:40:52 AM »
there's also a dude who contends that you're a militant leftist if you deem it reasonable to purchase a gun in the post-election rise of hate crimes, a trump presidency, and the neo nazi's/kkk/white supremacists being emboldened by it if you're a minority.
IYKYK

daemon

« Reply #603 on: November 26, 2016, 01:41:06 AM »
I guess I am a "race traitor" though, since probably 40% of my genes are actually from the Alandalus period of mixed race. I'm totally mixed race (if middle eastern is a race). I've seen legit ISIS fighters that look 80% like me. One actually got beheaded so that kinda felt like... damn, weird.

what the fuck

Yeah I shouldn't phrase some things the way i phrase them, lol. I said the other day I watched watchpeopledie subreddit. Some of the videos had isis fighters in them and beheadings. I can stomach that stuff, I dunno. Sometimes when I watched it I thought how meaningless the problems I thought I had were in reality. That and videos about brazil... jeez, that's wild.

there's also a dude who contends that you're a militant leftist if you deem it reasonable to purchase a gun in the post-election rise of hate crimes, a trump presidency, and the neo nazi's/kkk/white supremacists being emboldened by it if you're a minority.

it's reasonable to buy it to protect yourself. living in fear of being shot in the street like a dog if you don't is even more of a stretch than terrorists within migrants. Way more of a stretch. It's like you think suddenly laws about murder will get revoked and it will be minority hunting season. What is funny though is seeing people advocating for gun control and thinking people are crazy to believe they need guns in case of revolt, and then think that they need protection from their closest redneck. Just my 5 cents from an outsider perspective.

etiolate

« Reply #604 on: November 26, 2016, 01:47:31 AM »

Himu

« Reply #605 on: November 26, 2016, 01:48:58 AM »
I'm not sensing any stress itt?
IYKYK

Nola

« Reply #606 on: November 26, 2016, 02:46:30 AM »

You still going at this? Geez. I'm starting to get a bit concerned Queen.

I gave you the last word, I tried to offer you a rational response when you seemed upset. You wanted a better explanation and I gave you a wall of text to explain myself. Given your response here though, it is clear you didn't read it. As what you just said does not align with what I actually wrote. So it would seem you just want to stay mad by proving what I basically said in my last response to you: seeing me and my words not as they are, but as you want to see them to justify keeping the attacks up.

You just can't let your anger go. I don't know if your actual demeanor on the other side of that keyboard reflects your posts, but if so, between here and GAF, you seem to be harboring some continuous anger that can't be doing you much good. And clearly these message boards aren't helping.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #607 on: November 26, 2016, 03:02:40 AM »
Nuke this thread from orbit.

Syph

« Reply #608 on: November 26, 2016, 03:05:58 AM »
i'd just like to take this time to confirm daemon is not an alt-account of mine
XO

Himu

« Reply #609 on: November 26, 2016, 03:29:03 AM »

I gave you the last word, I tried to offer you a rational response when you seemed upset. You wanted a better explanation and I gave you a wall of text to explain myself. Given your response here though, it is clear you didn't read it. As what you just said does not align with what I actually wrote. So it would seem you just want to stay mad by proving what I basically said in my last response to you: seeing me and my words not as they are, but as you want to see them to justify keeping the attacks up.

You just can't let your anger go. I don't know if your actual demeanor on the other side of that keyboard reflects your posts, but if so, between here and GAF, you seem to be harboring some continuous anger that can't be doing you much good. And clearly these message boards aren't helping.

I did read your post and I'm not angry. I simply did not find your satisfactory.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:52:21 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #610 on: November 26, 2016, 03:38:06 AM »
Don't say that PlayDat. Let them laugh despite record number of vote suppression. It's definitely a conspiracy and the left has turned into their enemy!

:comeon
I was obviously not talking about voter suppression, a practice I called despicable elsewhere and that is only possible because of the rather backward way the US conducts its national elections on the state level. I don't expect anyone to remind each and everyone of my positions, but we've been discussing this election enough that I would expect you not to see me in strawman's form.

You're mentioning the 2000 election : for one, I never doubted leftists could get kooky, during the Bush year, there was quite a number of left leaning people willing to believe in the "9/11 was an inside job" / "Jade Helm is a coup".
However on the merit of contesting the results : In 2000, IIRC, Al Gore himself contested only a single, extremely close, state which decided of the overall winner. It's much less farfetched than clinging to the hope of Clinton being elected through overturning 3 states (one she lost by 70k votes !) and / or flipping electoral votes. I don't mind Stein calling for recount to check "the integrity of the system" but I can't help to see some desperation in people sending several millions her way without much strings attached.

As for the surge in gun sales : is it really that different though ?
ὕβρις

Nola

« Reply #611 on: November 26, 2016, 03:47:19 AM »

I did read your post and I'm not angry. I simply did not find your satisfactory.
Given your dissatisfactions seem to be with words I never said, maybe its just an issue of reading comprehension and I misjudged?

Whatever the issue is, you clearly find it necessary to drag your grudge into not one, but two threads. Grow up.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #612 on: November 26, 2016, 03:48:16 AM »
Honestly don't even know what you're saying at this point

My take is:

-The concept of the migrant crisis is about how Europe turned a blind eye then was forced to look at it due to sentimental cases like the baby kid in the beach who had drowned.
-Everything was done as quickly as possible. Infrastructure for a correct mobilization was not developed due to time constraints and public opinion
-things went south fast

Imo the first migration wave should've been to those conditioned camps in the period where they weren't being used (and if they were, tough luck, war won't stop because you have to pray sorry). Then Europe would've had the time to build an infrastructure to ease the process of migration.

Everything was poorly done. It was a shoddy work that might have consequences we're not ready for. Hence the word might. I just hope that in the case it happens, it isn't to anyone I care about. And what I want the most is responsability. Citizens choose their leaders (somewhat), but when they make choices like these without a solid plan, the feeling of neglect starts to extend amongst them. People call it fearmongering, but in reality most of it is the feel that the politician is out of touch. Sure Hollande, "we will not give in to terrorists". you wanker will never suffer a terrorist attack yourself, but your citizens and the country suffered three in a row. When the citizen feels that he doesn't have any say in decisions that might have an impact on the whole society, new trends happen.

And this is why the right nationalism is rising on Europe, which was the first point I was making. Aside from saying i'd vote for Trump, which is a thing that I might be saying as a foreigner, but I wouldn't actually vote for nationalists in my country, so it feels like a pretty weak argument based on an hypothetical situation.

Then I also added the concept of cultural unavoidable differences. is that a lie? No, it isn't. Right now between the bad organization, the lack of language and the implicit terror threat that elevated security everywhere (I can attest to that, there's more police, you see them armed with smgs on key points where they never used to be)... well, it's just a pressure cooker about to blow up. Not blow up like WW3 doomsday scenario, but an implosion within the society, which is actually dividing every country at some level.

Goodnight.

and a dude posting borderline neonazi shit (probably, I stopped reading after he said he felt right nationalism rising inside him) complete with sub-infowars youtube videos

I poorly worded that one, i meant to say I kinda understood where the support comes from, for other reasons. I despise violence, and I know there's been xenophobe physical attacks that I absolutely condemn.

Himu

« Reply #613 on: November 26, 2016, 03:53:31 AM »

Given your dissatisfactions seem to be with words I never said, maybe its just an issue of reading comprehension and I misjudged?

Whatever the issue is, you clearly find it necessary to drag your grudge into not one, but two threads. Grow up.

I do not have a grudge. I just mentioned it since we were talking about new posters. It was on topic. I'm not sure why you're so mad that.
IYKYK

Nola

« Reply #614 on: November 26, 2016, 04:25:54 AM »

I do not have a grudge. I just mentioned it since we were talking about new posters. It was on topic. I'm not sure why you're so mad that.

Mad? Not really. Annoyed, sure. Since you felt it necessary to find an "in" to drag this disagreement that you won't call a grudge from one thread into an additional one. I was fully planning on giving you that last passive aggressive comment in that other thread to let you have the last word and moving on.

Heres the thing, I am a pretty easy going person for the most part. But making responses like you are standing over someone and talking down to them is never going to garner positive responses. If you have an issue or something is unclear and you feel there are gaps in what I am saying that you want clarification on it, just ask.

But if you continue to come at me by trying to "drag" me in other threads or respond to my posts with a bunch of manufactured bullshit about my character as a substitute for actually talking to me(like saying I am just a petty individual banned from GAF(I'm not banned), Or what you typed before deleting your edit)? Not even I am going to keep civility forever.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:31:04 AM by Nola »

Himu

« Reply #615 on: November 26, 2016, 12:31:27 PM »
Patton Oswalt is just one guy. You're overreacting.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #616 on: November 26, 2016, 12:52:22 PM »

And he has since deleted the tweet, apologized for it, and explained that he did not mean for it to come across as rooting for terrorists to commits violent acts against Trump properties.
dog

Himu

« Reply #617 on: November 26, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »

It's one guy who is a clear example of a much bigger issue brewing in the extreme left. You're the last one to be telling anyone they're overreacting, anyway.

Okay. Detail all of your problems with the "extreme" left? Who exactly is the extreme left? What is the bigger issue? Maybe you're not even liberal, but a moderate?

My positions are not overreactions in the least. I've certainly never reached a point where I couldn't find something to identify with politically because I was worried how other people would see me!

Anyways I was hoping the realization that the Democratic Party does not appeal to working class voters would get people to stop calling them left. But I guess not. Oh well!
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #618 on: November 26, 2016, 01:18:02 PM »
Nuke this thread from orbit.
One way to solve the migrant crisis!

#MAGA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #619 on: November 26, 2016, 01:23:25 PM »
Patton Oswalt is the liberal Ann Coulter?
dog

Himu

« Reply #620 on: November 26, 2016, 01:28:36 PM »
I'm not denying there's been talk of the extreme "left". I just fail to see how Patton Oswalt's ridiculous tweet matches the description. Just seems a terrible tweet to me more than any indication of an extreme liberal component. Gaffes happen all the time with political commentary and people like you are labeling anything they deem stupid, partisan, or in the category of political correctness as extreme left. Basically, you using Ann Coulter as an example, the same person who defended Nazi's on Twitter, which she will not apologize for, as the same thing as Patton Oswalt's (awful) tweet is quite a stretch.

Lots of false equivalences on these boards lately. I wonder why. :doge
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #621 on: November 26, 2016, 01:34:15 PM »
I'm a fan of Oswalt. He's not been the same since his wife died.

Himu

« Reply #622 on: November 26, 2016, 01:36:26 PM »
That too.

But apparently this is a sign of the extreme left!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #623 on: November 26, 2016, 01:38:27 PM »
Nope!
IYKYK

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #624 on: November 26, 2016, 01:38:29 PM »
I like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. :(
rub

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #625 on: November 26, 2016, 01:49:01 PM »
It's okay, I enjoy lots of things which would raise a red flag if a dude picked one of them for his avi.

Fight Club being probably the best example.

etiolate

« Reply #626 on: November 26, 2016, 01:54:07 PM »
uh who is the fear and loathing avatar

Tasty

« Reply #627 on: November 26, 2016, 02:03:51 PM »

:rock :rock :rock

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #628 on: November 26, 2016, 02:08:52 PM »

Can we also agree that the infiltrated terrorists wouldn't dare to attack so close to Holy pilgrimage land? Can we agree that 2+2=4?

Absolutely

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_seizure

MMA

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #629 on: November 26, 2016, 02:34:12 PM »
Ya, what could possibly go wrong?

*35 years later*

oh fuck
MMA

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #630 on: November 26, 2016, 02:53:03 PM »
On a side note: I found out my tribe has a wikipedia page and my uncle is in it as one of the notable ones  :lol

brb, updating the Wrath wikipedia page.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #631 on: November 26, 2016, 03:00:00 PM »
I see we're returning to the aughts where liberals are baby losers and we laugh at them for not understanding Real America. Stop embarrassing me.
:snoop

wake me up in 8 years. hopefully another black dude arises to lead us to the promised land

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #632 on: November 26, 2016, 03:03:45 PM »
Hopefully he will have a stroke game that all of America can look up to.

etiolate

« Reply #633 on: November 26, 2016, 03:17:43 PM »
edit: too dark
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:22:01 PM by etiolate »

Himu

« Reply #634 on: November 26, 2016, 04:12:23 PM »
I see we're returning to the aughts where liberals are baby losers and we laugh at them for not understanding Real America. Stop embarrassing me.

wake me up in 8 years. hopefully another black dude arises to lead us to the promised land

What are you talking about? Who are you even talking to?
IYKYK

Syph

« Reply #635 on: November 26, 2016, 04:25:50 PM »

What are you talking about? Who are you even talking to?
me
spoiler (click to show/hide)
he's joking/laughing at the last couple of pages
[close]
XO

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #636 on: November 26, 2016, 05:02:13 PM »
The extreme left are liberals who try to shut down the speech and avenues for speech that go against what they feel is the "right way" to think, who make jokes about terrorists blowing up president elects' properties because they don't agree with them politically, after spending decades going back to Reagan complaining about similar things from the right. Patton making that joke and then being like "Oops, just being ironic lolz" when people were calling him on it is the same as an Ann Coulter saying something crazy about Obama and walking it back after people get mad. Oh, I was just joking.

Don't act like this and every political thread hasn't been talking about extreme left or regressive left for the past 3 weeks. You don't always have to be disingenuous to make your points, you know.

These are dark days when people think lukewarm liberal comedians are the "extreme left."  I blame Jon Stewart.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #637 on: November 26, 2016, 05:07:23 PM »
edit: too dark
That's what Trump said.  :doge

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #638 on: November 26, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »
The things is, people that fall under the 'extreme left' are mere commentators, people that fall under the 'extreme right' are in actual positions of power, like say, our president elect.
Hi

Syph

XO

etiolate

« Reply #640 on: November 26, 2016, 06:07:05 PM »
The things is, people that fall under the 'extreme left' are mere commentators, people that fall under the 'extreme right' are in actual positions of power, like say, our president elect.

Canadian PM just gave a glowing review of Castro life and called his dictatorship a "very long presidency".

Science denying, nutso leftists run academia and indoctrinate the future.

But a politically all over the fucking place Trump is extreme right.

etiolate

« Reply #642 on: November 26, 2016, 06:13:51 PM »
:lol

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #644 on: November 26, 2016, 06:31:16 PM »
Shoulda donated to the hole
rub

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #645 on: November 26, 2016, 06:57:26 PM »
Another Syph link to a story that only exists in the conservative news universe, how surprising.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #646 on: November 26, 2016, 07:08:06 PM »
Jill Stein  :money
ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #647 on: November 26, 2016, 07:15:08 PM »
Someone needs to dress Jill Stein up like the Arch Druid and roll her out to some Ludacris

Phoenix Dark

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #649 on: November 26, 2016, 08:57:29 PM »
Asshole-in-Chief off to a fantastic diplomatic start with a country with which we've had a delicate history:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/802499192237080576

Syph

« Reply #650 on: November 27, 2016, 12:36:34 AM »
Shoulda donated to the hole
hole 2020

Another Syph link to a story that only exists in the conservative news universe, how surprising.
"conservative news universe" sorry to trigger you over something that has already happened once before (last year)
here's another source
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/11/23/black-friday-protest-planned-in-chicagos-michigan-avenue/

if that's not good enough kindly link me to your facebook/google/twitter-approved big-brother approved news sites listing

foh with that shit debate the merits
XO

zepblackstar

« Reply #651 on: November 27, 2016, 01:10:24 AM »
they called if off early because it got too cold :lol

Syph

« Reply #652 on: November 27, 2016, 01:34:03 AM »
Where Republicans Go From Here

op-ed from newly energetic Jeb! Bush (couple days old)

Americans, by wide majorities, agree that Washington is broken, so let’s send power back to the people and back to the states. Republicans should support convening a constitutional convention to pass term limits, a balanced-budget amendment and restraints on the Commerce Clause, which has given the federal government far more regulatory power than the Founders intended.
XO

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #653 on: November 27, 2016, 01:49:34 AM »
The groups participating in the protest Thursday want to call attention to what they say is the city’s inaction to the fatal police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald. Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression organizer Frank Chapman says the Chicago Teachers Union and Black Lives Matter are among the groups that will be protesting. Chapman says the groups want the city to have a civilian police accountability council.
Black Lives Matter activists in Chicago plan on blocking white-owned business entrances from consumers on Black Friday in order to push consumers to patronize businesses owned by "people of color and women."

You link sites pushing some race war bullshit, then give me a story that says something totally different when called on it and say "debate the merits?" How about you gtfo until you learn how to read a link, dumbass

Syph

« Reply #654 on: November 27, 2016, 04:29:56 AM »
The groups participating in the protest Thursday want to call attention to what they say is the city’s inaction to the fatal police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald. Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression organizer Frank Chapman says the Chicago Teachers Union and Black Lives Matter are among the groups that will be protesting. Chapman says the groups want the city to have a civilian police accountability council.
Black Lives Matter activists in Chicago plan on blocking white-owned business entrances from consumers on Black Friday in order to push consumers to patronize businesses owned by "people of color and women."

You link sites pushing some race war bullshit, then give me a story that says something totally different when called on it and say "debate the merits?" How about you gtfo until you learn how to read a link, dumbass
"dumbass" allllrighty
literally the next line after the one you quoted is this:
“One of the cornerstones about why we’re boycotting on Black Friday is to attempt to redirect people to businesses owned by people of color and women, and explain why it’s important to patronize these businesses,” said Veal.

In addition, I posted the other link because you said you didn't like the source, do you want a third one as well to satiate your burgeonding appetite for deflection?
I read both links lol; congrats on noting the differences?? The ultimate actions are the same in both
Stay salty because you still can't engage me though breh
XO

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #655 on: November 27, 2016, 05:59:24 AM »
Congrats on getting a thesaurus homie, but if you think the "ultimate actions" of both articles are the same you're delusional. The first link has a bunch of shit about how the protests are to 'block white business', and the second makes no mention of it. They're both sourced from the same article, and, lo and behold, no one quoted in that article. The first you posted pulls a quote about supporting black businesses and infers that somehow means they're targeting white owned businesses, and the site is a somewhat toned-down Brietbart clone.

I mean, you're either acting thick or you genuinely can't see the difference. If you're seriously reading sites like those, that doesn't do much to boost your credibility dude

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #656 on: November 27, 2016, 11:46:06 AM »
Asshole-in-Chief off to a fantastic diplomatic start with a country with which we've had a delicate history:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/802499192237080576

His first tweet republicans and democrats have agreed apon

dur

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #657 on: November 27, 2016, 01:10:42 PM »
Yikes, that Daily Wire site is embarrassing.

You got that shit bookmarked, Syph? I can see why you think Mark Steyn is a good writer by comparison now.