Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1857044 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #27180 on: August 13, 2022, 03:09:12 PM »
Quote from: The director
I do hope that anyone who's in any way insulted by it understands that our intentions are very pure, and it's because we feel like people need to grow and need to start to become more moderate.
Fuck off
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-purple-hearts-movie-about-a-musician-in-debt-who-marries-a-racist-piece-of-shit-for-insurance-faces-backlash-director-responds.619224/post-91528575

:engel

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #27181 on: August 13, 2022, 03:17:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-purple-hearts-movie-about-a-musician-in-debt-who-marries-a-racist-piece-of-shit-for-insurance-faces-backlash-director-responds.619224/page-3#post-91527792
This describes my ex. For years she was very vocal on LGBTQ+ issues, refused to shop at stores with religious owners who would force those beliefs on their employees (such as Hobby Lobby not allowing contraceptives to be covered under their health insurance) and would call out bigotry when she saw it. Even helped educate me on issues I wasn't paying as much attention to as I should have been.

She's now married to an extreme right wing anti-vaxxer and supporter of the attempted insurrection who, after Roe v. Wade was overturned, was on Facebook posting laughing emojis about the fact that it's going to be harder for women to get abortions.

And when I say "extreme right wing," that's not an exaggeration. I'm talking about openly supporting white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys. A friend once sent me a long and very alarming post of his that he literally ended with "stand back and stand by."

It's honestly very scary how easily a person can throw their values aside. And the question of course then becomes, "Did they ever actually have those values in the first place?"

ZeroVagine traumatized this woman so much that she went from dating a raging liberal cuck soyboy to marrying a Stormfront premium member.  :lol :lol :lol
Okay, but is she still vocally pro-LGBTQ+ and does she still refuse to shop at Hobby Lobby? Because you started off talking about her good deeds and then spent all the rest of your post talking about the guy she married and things he does on Facebook. (That you apparently have "a friend" keep tabs on for you.)

« Reply #27182 on: August 13, 2022, 03:21:53 PM »
She now reads harry potter and watches bill burr specials

Propagandhim

« Reply #27183 on: August 13, 2022, 03:23:55 PM »
That guy's friend, and the friend of the guy who kept tabs on his coworkers' inheritance should get together and start a spy academy

Propagandhim

« Reply #27184 on: August 13, 2022, 03:36:45 PM »
edit oops

Kurt Russell

« Reply #27185 on: August 13, 2022, 03:38:00 PM »
That guy's friend, and the friend of the guy who kept tabs on his coworkers' inheritance should get together and start a soy academy

FTFY
woke

Polident Hive

« Reply #27186 on: August 13, 2022, 03:40:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-purple-hearts-movie-about-a-musician-in-debt-who-marries-a-racist-piece-of-shit-for-insurance-faces-backlash-director-responds.619224/page-3#post-91527792
This describes my ex. For years she was very vocal on LGBTQ+ issues, refused to shop at stores with religious owners who would force those beliefs on their employees (such as Hobby Lobby not allowing contraceptives to be covered under their health insurance) and would call out bigotry when she saw it. Even helped educate me on issues I wasn't paying as much attention to as I should have been.

She's now married to an extreme right wing anti-vaxxer and supporter of the attempted insurrection who, after Roe v. Wade was overturned, was on Facebook posting laughing emojis about the fact that it's going to be harder for women to get abortions.

And when I say "extreme right wing," that's not an exaggeration. I'm talking about openly supporting white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys. A friend once sent me a long and very alarming post of his that he literally ended with "stand back and stand by."

It's honestly very scary how easily a person can throw their values aside. And the question of course then becomes, "Did they ever actually have those values in the first place?"

ZeroVagine traumatized this woman so much that she went from dating a raging liberal cuck soyboy to marrying a Stormfront premium member.  :lol :lol :lol
Okay, but is she still vocally pro-LGBTQ+ and does she still refuse to shop at Hobby Lobby? Because you started off talking about her good deeds and then spent all the rest of your post talking about the guy she married and things he does on Facebook. (That you apparently have "a friend" keep tabs on for you.)

Think the restraining order limits contact with her, thus the obsessive stalking of her partner.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #27187 on: August 13, 2022, 03:45:48 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
 :jared

biggest takeaway is that his avatar had the top of his head cut off
Uncle

jorma

« Reply #27188 on: August 13, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »
She now reads harry potter and watches bill burr specials

But at least she still hates Dave Chapelle  :whatsthedeal

« Reply #27189 on: August 13, 2022, 04:44:54 PM »
The funniest part about Era discourse on Bayonetta being a sexist male gazey product is the fact somewhere around 70% of positive internet engagement with her as a character (as in stuff unrelated to gameplay) comes from the LGBT community.  Era is the only place on the internet that doesn't seem to realize that.  Straight men by and large do not find her attractive, they just think she's cool.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27190 on: August 13, 2022, 06:41:59 PM »
I didn't realize the lizard people had replaced Jason :titus

Stay away from communism kids

🤴

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #27191 on: August 13, 2022, 06:54:27 PM »
I didn't realize the lizard people had replaced Jason :titus

Stay away from communism kids

He was probably getting laid on occasion when he had a semblance of a hairline.
Oi Oi

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #27192 on: August 13, 2022, 07:11:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-best-twitter-thread-ever-is-complete-or-come-learn-your-abcs.619293/#post-91529844
This thread of letters is triggering me a bit because I have synesthesia and this is not how I sense most of the letters to be.

Except F. F is on point, that jerk. :|

EDIT: P T Q and S were all on point too mostly >.>
She self banned a few days ago lol

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #27193 on: August 13, 2022, 07:32:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/page-9#post-91538763

Quote from: B-Dubs
Quote from: kmfdmpig
I same some of the same as well as international newspaper articles with lots of on the street comments, most of which were in support of this (even by those in their 20a and 30s).
Is it really surprising? Religious extremism, and extremism in general, is on the rise across the world. Hell, we literally had people cheering on a book burning here because they didn't like one of the targets.

The state of the world is frightening.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27194 on: August 13, 2022, 07:39:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/page-9#post-91540017
:cop User Banned (1 week): continuing thread derail
Quote from: EndlessSummer
Why the hell do admins on this forum hand bans left and right?A ban should be used as a last resort, not for the dumbest reasons I keep seeing here.Y'all need to chill tf out with the bans.

On topic : I can't believe stuff like this still happens in 2022.Makes my stomach turn how some people can take someone else's life over something so trivial.

The bans have started.

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/page-9#post-91525404
:cop User Banned (1 week): continuing thread derail
Quote from: Maximus Odinson
Quote from: Poodlestrike
Man shut the hell up. You're lost in the sauce.
OBE

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #27195 on: August 13, 2022, 07:43:49 PM »
It begins :popcorn
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27196 on: August 13, 2022, 07:48:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/page-9#post-91538763

Quote from: kmfdmpig
I same some of the same as well as international newspaper articles with lots of on the street comments, most of which were in support of this (even by those in their 20a and 30s).
Is it really surprising? Religious extremism, and extremism in general, is on the rise across the world. Hell, we literally had people cheering on a book burning here because they didn't like one of the targets.

ONE OF YOUR ADMINS WAS CHEERING IT ON YOU ABSOLUTE BUFFOON

Why is that dumbass bitching like he's posting on the bore?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also secretly hoping for one of those crazies to throw a fit because he described their righteous vengeance against Rowling as "disliking the author"
[close]

Hap Shaughnessy

OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27198 on: August 13, 2022, 07:57:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-purple-hearts-movie-about-a-musician-in-debt-who-marries-a-racist-piece-of-shit-for-insurance-faces-backlash-director-responds.619224/page-3#post-91529253

Quote from: Stygian
Will watch tonight with my gf, it's been a while since we've seen a good love story movie, looking forward to it!
OBE

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #27199 on: August 13, 2022, 07:59:22 PM »
The funny thing about the violent fantasy leftist crowd is that if shit hits the fan you know who isn't going to do well? The effete people who spend decades telling people guns are bad. They're fantasizing about a world they will not survive in.

They'd throw parties if Rowling got murked.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27200 on: August 13, 2022, 08:01:27 PM »
Also secretly hoping for one of those crazies to throw a fit because he described their righteous vengeance against Rowling as "disliking the author"

Or the implied comparison of Islamic extremists with the forum's more vocal trans members. :teehee
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #27201 on: August 13, 2022, 08:06:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-best-twitter-thread-ever-is-complete-or-come-learn-your-abcs.619293/#post-91529844
This thread of letters is triggering me a bit because I have synesthesia and this is not how I sense most of the letters to be.

Except F. F is on point, that jerk. :|

EDIT: P T Q and S were all on point too mostly >.>
She self banned a few days ago lol
AndroidSophia is such a weirdo that she's one of the few members I believe when they say nonsense like this.

Do not take this as an endorsement of their judgement on all topics however like the idiots over there do.

benjipwns

« Reply #27202 on: August 13, 2022, 09:06:34 PM »
I (17ftm) am trans and came out to my family a few months ago. All in all, everyone has been supportive, although I believe my mom was a tiny bit bummed. She said she would always support me, though. She just needs time to process all of this. Which is honestly painful. But not the reason why I'm here.

My mom got a tattoo with my sister's name and my dead name after I was born. It's a huge tattoo with a unique design that incorporates her and my dead name. It covers most of her arm, and she is really proud of it because my old sister designed it and gifted it to her for her birthday.

Obviously, constantly seeing my dead name is kind of triggering to me. Therefore, I told her she needs to remove it.  She seemed shocked and told me she's too old for longer tattoo sessions. She hasn't gotten a tattoo in years, bc of that. She also was diagnosed with depression and such and uses it as an excuse for not having the energy to change it anymore. I don't really believe her, but whatever.

Now she is often trying to cover it up with clothes, but I feel like it's not enough. Just the knowledge that that... name is still there, it haunts me.  But she refuses to change it. We had a lot of fights because of it, and she said that she is really trying to hide it, but it's a part of her body that she is in love with, bc there is so much history and love for her children in that tattoo. I can't really relate, because I don't have any particularly significant tattoos.

Now, my birthday was a few days ago and some family came over, and the issue came up, bc my cousin was showing off her new tattoo and someone asked about the dead name tattoo.  My mom got uncomfortably silent and excused herself and went to the kitchen.  So, everyone started asking me what that was about, and I told them that I wanted her to remove the tattoo, but she doesn't want to. My sister also doesn't want her to, bc she believes it would look really awful, since the entire design is attached to the names and the only way to cover it would be to just make her entire arm black.

Anyway, I didn't actually plan for that reaction, but my cousin (who can relate a bit bc she's queer) for some reason got furious and went after my mom and screamed at her for being so unsupportive and accused her of being transphobic. Which I don't believe, although it was nice to see someone get angry about the tattoo, bc my cousin was finally saying some things I was feeling, but I didn't want to put into words.  My mom then had a panic attack and left the house. She is now staying with my grandpa, and my dad and my sister are angry at me for making some of my family gang up on her. AITA?
techiesgoboom
MOD
3 hr. ago
Stickied comment
Sphincter Supreme
This thread is now locked due to an excess of rule violations.

Sub Rules ||| "FAQs"
:delicious

Propagandhim

« Reply #27203 on: August 13, 2022, 09:12:00 PM »
Is this one of those rage-bait philosophical logic traps that someone thought up as a gotcha?  "My body, my rights" vs "Her body, her rights" thing?    :thinking

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #27204 on: August 13, 2022, 09:43:32 PM »
HECHT ALERT

Quote from: Even Bigger Dumbass
Ok look.

What is the common thread between the examples Acetown listed:

Charlie Hebdo
Jyllandsposten
Asia Bibi case
Samuel Paty

If they want to appeal to discuss what they MEANT, then fine, we can talk about it.

Tbh what wasn’t taken into account was the “this shouldn’t be shocking” line, which is borderline victim blaming and/or inherent disregard for Islam.

Let’s get back on topic.

Always circle the wagons.

Always.

EDIT: And HOW is "this shouldn't be shocking" victim blaming? The VICTIM is Rushdie, NOT Islam.

I still want Hecht to clarify this post. Dude really thought he had an amazing smoking gun there
Keep an eye out for changes in the moderation team. An unexpected de-nutting of a mod or two will indicate dissent in the private mod forum.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #27205 on: August 13, 2022, 09:54:35 PM »
Dusk Golem was here

I wish that was only a self aware joke on his part. Unfortunately he's about as funny as PlanetSmasher, and actually just a dumbass who gets off on attention, so not a chance. Claims it's not for clout but if you look at his reddit/twitter posts it's always me me me I got this special thing I wanted to share and I know more but I won't teehee! I'm retiring for the 19th time and I really mean that this time.

On reddit he responded to someone asking why he's leaking again: "I'm still feeling out where I want to be. I am seriously in a position I could hurt a lot of devs with things I'm starting to get ahold of, and I don't really want that. But I also can prove I'm not bullshitting, and I think some light teases and small things are fine, so feeling out what feels right basically. What causes only a little damage for devs (nothing too bad), is fun, and raises intrigue & discourse, plus people can see is true later."

Posting anything you aren't supposed to have is hurting multiple people professionally somewhere every time.
Lol, leaking is literally violence. Give me a break.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 10:21:48 PM by Potato »
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #27206 on: August 13, 2022, 10:10:38 PM »
Look, the staff just made a mistake. The same mistake they always make. That's no reason to go on a witchhunt against them and ask them to Do Better. They already sacrifice so much for the community by learning everything possible about a topic so they know the correct view, like how any criticism of Islam is blasphemy bigotry, that attacking them for banning a proven bigot who posted something bigoted just helps the other bigots who hide their bigotry by not saying anything bigoted. Rather than distracting everyone by derailing threads into smears against the staff, people should stick to productive discussion and not try to start false outrage just because a bigot gets banned for saying bigotry. I think that thread has run its course because the only thing the bad actors (like those who make false accusations of sexual harassment against the staff) that make up the userbase will want to do is post more bigoted slurs against the staff and Islam.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 10:16:40 PM by benjipwns »

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27207 on: August 14, 2022, 04:30:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/page-8#post-91510683

Quote from: SindbadtheSailor
Quote from: Dice
Mods do an okay enough job (esp. for the pro bono work they do moderating this giant place), and aren't some perfect monolith that will do an arbitrarily perfect job of assessing each situation against a flurry of both agreeing or dissenting opinions.

Well this just comes across as hilarious tone deaf and out of touch, if not outright apologetic. And I hate the "well, they do it for free so don't critique them" mentality. It's a terrible cop out.

People say a lot of stuff here, and some of the topics are complicated and controversial. Try to work with the mod team and posters here, and less...

lol work with what exactly? The modding here is incredibly opaque. There's a token appeal system that no one actually responds to. And when mistakes are made or folks have issues, it's a "move on or we'll shut down the thread to stop people from talking about it".

Frankly, there kind of hilarious parallels to the American policing system that are blatant and deserves to be called out for what they are - a binary zero tolerance approach with an apparent lack of interest in understanding the community it moderates and so instead resorts to heavy handed tactics to achieve the "peace".

Working social media before you'd get accused of stuff you never even had cross your mind because you used a couple "wrong" words or have a different perspective.

I mean, you say that but that's literally the issue people have with all this. None of that is actually taken into account here by the mods. If it was, then I'd think we'd see a lot more actual engagement, especially in situations like this one - "hey, your post comes across as problematic for the following reasons. Is that what you actually meant or is the wording just a bit off?" Which, instead causing of a multipage thread derailment like you see here, would likely just result in a simple back and forth that could have helped shed some light on the matter. But that would require some, you know, effort.

:cop User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory attacks to staff and continuing thread derail across multiple posts, prior bans for dismissing bigotry

Maybe if he said the mods should be shotgunned to death it would have taken longer, possibly over a month, for the mods to decide to perm him. :hmm
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27208 on: August 14, 2022, 04:36:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/climate-activists-fill-golf-holes-with-cement-after-course-is-declared-exempt-from-a-water-ban-during-extreme-drought.619365/page-4#post-91550265

Quote from: Coyote Starrk
I understand that some people have super tight Budgets, but $20 a month for something you enjoy is NOT a luxury.

People pay that much for GamePass or for a normal streaming service. Or even just a weekend trip to the movies and that is just one night of the month.

:wut
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27209 on: August 14, 2022, 04:47:10 AM »
Salman Rushdie fucked around and found out. Sometimes physical violence is an appropriate response to words. Anybody who suggests otherwise is Islamophobic or leads a sheltered life.

Blasphemers should be shotgunned to death. :ufup

« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:57:50 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #27210 on: August 14, 2022, 07:43:55 AM »
Quote from: Unpaid General Volunteer Manager bu-bubs
Gonna be real, most people probably haven't read the book and are going off what others said about it.

My family raised me to make sure I engaged with something before criticizing it. When The DaVinchi code came out and there was all that nonsense, my mom bought a copy a read it before taking any kind of stand. After she was done it went straight to my grandmother. Same with Harry Potter and same with The Satanic Verses. Hell, my copy is her original copy. They do this with any and every book/movie that gets this sort of criticism and like them, I refuse to mouth off about anything I haven't engaged with myself.

If more people actually engaged with stuff before shooting off hot takes, we'd all be better off. But that isn't the world we live in.

They've done a good job then given how Reeeee operates :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #27211 on: August 14, 2022, 07:52:48 AM »
in the meantime while bitchdubs is complaining about extremists sending death threats to authors, in the Catalogue The Heresies Of Joanna OT;

https://www.resetera.com/threads/terf-jk-rowling-continues-to-be-a-hateful-bigot.221245/post-91533801

"Haha look at this awful take, saying if you disagree with death threats against an author for expressing the views you find heretical, you should also disagree with death threats against an author for expressing the views I find heretical, what an awful take, for ways that I will not even attempt to address or clarify because obvious heresy"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #27212 on: August 14, 2022, 07:53:55 AM »
"oh, thats totally different, because salman rushdie actually got stabbed, but dave chapelle had better security"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #27213 on: August 14, 2022, 08:08:54 AM »
Good thread on Satanic Verses incident here. Read it to the end.

Okay, maybe some nuance people missed in a guy being stabbed in the neck that's relevant to the thread?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1558455902088400897.html

NOPE.

tl;dr All early records agree on an account that mohammed got tricked by satan, modern muslims don't like it so they pretend it didn't happen.

Okay.

Soooooooo relevance to thread?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27214 on: August 14, 2022, 08:18:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-there-mark-wahlberg-fans.619335/

A lot of people are dismissing concerns of Wahlberg's racist past. Some are even going as far as saying that he has reformed, just because he hasn't done anything in 30 years. :yikes
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #27215 on: August 14, 2022, 08:46:43 AM »

Good thread on Satanic Verses incident here. Read it to the end.

Okay, maybe some nuance people missed in a guy being stabbed in the neck that's relevant to the thread?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1558455902088400897.html

NOPE.

tl;dr All early records agree on an account that mohammed got tricked by satan, modern muslims don't like it so they pretend it didn't happen.

Okay.

Soooooooo relevance to thread?
I'd love for someone to ask him what the point of posting this was.

Averon

« Reply #27216 on: August 14, 2022, 09:33:12 AM »
Funny how when the mods royally fuck up, it's never their fault, actually. It is always the users fault that things went down the way it did. The mods, you know, the people who are suppose to make sure the TOS is followed, discussions happen smoothly, and things don't get out of hand, are completely blameless....always.

In fact, they are the victims of bullying and unreasonable users looking to "get them." The modding of ERA has affected their mental health, to the point that they need to take breaks! But all that isn't serious enough to actually get them to give up their modship apparently.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27217 on: August 14, 2022, 10:31:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/page-9#post-91553046

Quote from: smcc94x
Quote from: Grenchel
Twitter is full of people so devoid of real meaningful human connection and/or relationship to reality - that they should be ignored. It's just a cesspit that pretends it's more insightful than other platforms.
I obviously don't have figures in front of me, but I would imagine there are large swathes of people worldwide who are somewhat sympathetic to this attack. Probably in the order of millions. And a lot of them will have meaningful human connections.

Rather than ignore and cast aside, wouldn't properly challenging the sympathetic views from a theological perspective be more effective? Maybe that's already happening.

Like many forms of extremism / fundamentalism, we're deluding ourselves if we think it's a problem consigned to an insignificant minority or a bunch of twitter trolls.
OBE

Kurt Russell

« Reply #27218 on: August 14, 2022, 12:49:22 PM »

If you think it's bad now, you should try leaving your basement.
woke

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #27219 on: August 14, 2022, 12:53:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/boxy-t-shirt-trend-has-gotta-go.619548/
I look like I’m wearing the smock they give when you’re getting your haircut. Also, the sizes are super wack, a large looks like a 3XL. It sucks because all the best designs are being printed on these style of tees. I wouldn’t complain but it feels like the slimmer cut is being phased out at a lot of places.

#youknowwhatreallygrindsmygears

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #27220 on: August 14, 2022, 02:40:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forgot-vacuum-sealed-turkey-ham-outside-the-fridge-for-20h-i-guess-i-have-to-throw-it-away.619479/
Stupid me forgot it in my backpack after going shopping yesterday. I really hate throwing away food, so I am wondering if I have any safe options left to consume it after so many hours? It is now in the fridge for the last 5 hours.

I know about the possible bacteria build up so even if there is no bad smell, there may still be the danger of food poisoning right?

Would it be an option if I "cook" the ham in the oven for 10min at 200 Celsius degrees in an attempt to kill any bacteria?

EDIT: so it is that type of ham that is ready to be eaten within e.g. a sandwich.
:brain

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27221 on: August 14, 2022, 02:43:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/amazon-can-not-be-trusted-with-the-lord-of-the-rings-license-rings-of-power-will-be-awful.619545/#post-91566603

Quote from: excelsiorlef
Not sure the big deal?

It's suggesting to you a book by the space telescope guy?

Thinks L. Ron Hubbard is the "space telescope guy".  :picard
OBE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27222 on: August 14, 2022, 02:51:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forgot-vacuum-sealed-turkey-ham-outside-the-fridge-for-20h-i-guess-i-have-to-throw-it-away.619479/
Stupid me forgot it in my backpack after going shopping yesterday. I really hate throwing away food, so I am wondering if I have any safe options left to consume it after so many hours? It is now in the fridge for the last 5 hours.

I know about the possible bacteria build up so even if there is no bad smell, there may still be the danger of food poisoning right?

Would it be an option if I "cook" the ham in the oven for 10min at 200 Celsius degrees in an attempt to kill any bacteria?

EDIT: so it is that type of ham that is ready to be eaten within e.g. a sandwich.
:brain
OP should just wash it like chicken.

Cooking and fridges? Man likes to show off his white privilege doesn't he?
🤴

TacoWallace

« Reply #27223 on: August 14, 2022, 02:59:19 PM »
Funny how when the mods royally fuck up, it's never their fault, actually. It is always the users fault that things went down the way it did. The mods, you know, the people who are suppose to make sure the TOS is followed, discussions happen smoothly, and things don't get out of hand, are completely blameless....always.

In fact, they are the victims of bullying and unreasonable users looking to "get them." The modding of ERA has affected their mental health, to the point that they need to take breaks! But all that isn't serious enough to actually get them to give up their modship apparently.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/leaked-concept-art-for-odin-from-gow-ragnarok.619230/page-7#post-91567689

Considering how toxic everyone in this thread has been acting, we're locking it. Seriously guys, WOW. This shit was embarrassing and a lot of you need to look in the damn mirror. If you're not interested in something, ignoring the thread is always an option instead of acting the way you did.

Yeah let's ignore the fact someone from the game's studio just tweeted that it's a fake leak and how Dusk Golem seems to get off on the clout that he claims isn't clout. Protecting their own reputation is more important than admitting a former mod is the problem, or possibly another admin who saw the thread's initial derail and did nothing.

(Admin) ghostcrew posted on the first page with a useless one liner emoji reply. He easily could have sensed where things were going to go and taken care of it before the dogpile happened. Now someone (probably B-Dubs with zero input from anyone else) is going through banning/warning accounts because they STILL choose to side with Dusk's stupid ass.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27224 on: August 14, 2022, 03:16:52 PM »
I guess leakers are the last thing the forum has that qualifies as industry people because pretty much every developer worth a damn has ditched the forum. Maybe that's why they're so eager to defend him.

"In the name of 'empathy' I'll bandwagon against an autistic leaker who is already harassed daily" is what I'm reading. Honestly the thread title spoils more than the pic does.

Being a leaker and then complaining about harassment is just too funny to me. Like, just stop leaking then? Or suck it up and take the bad clout with the good clout

BIONIC

« Reply #27225 on: August 14, 2022, 03:18:56 PM »
It’s awe inspiring how these dumb motherfuckers always choose the worst conceivable course of action in every situation :lol
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #27226 on: August 14, 2022, 03:25:30 PM »
*insert Tyler, The Creator cyber bully tweet*

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27227 on: August 14, 2022, 03:44:53 PM »
Considering how toxic everyone in this thread has been acting, we're locking it. Seriously guys, WOW. This shit was embarrassing and a lot of you need to look in the damn mirror. If you're not interested in something, ignoring the thread is always an option instead of acting the way you did.
:hesright
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #27228 on: August 14, 2022, 03:53:27 PM »
Planetsmasher in shambles right now

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27229 on: August 14, 2022, 04:32:58 PM »
So everything's normal, then? :rodney
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27230 on: August 14, 2022, 04:45:28 PM »
If you're not interested in something, ignoring the thread is always an option instead of acting the way you did.

Yeah, just imagine a videogame forum that would ban discussion of entire games just because people can't ignore it. It would be insane. Glad B-chubs keeps things under control

« Reply #27231 on: August 14, 2022, 04:50:10 PM »
This thread is the spectacular end result of the permissive approach to celebrating the deaths of bad guys:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/police-man-killed-himself-after-ramming-us-capitol-barrier.619542/

Guy runs into a capitol barrier, then shoots himself in the head.

Era immediately assumes a MAGA terrorist threat:
Quote from: Greent4
What is goin on with these people?
What was the point?
Quote from: Fury451
They’ve been brainwashed by a death cult whose stock and trade is replacing truth and fact with conspiracy and conjecture.
Quote from: Anung
This seems like a self correcting problem.

Someone objects to how fucked up that is:
Quote from: Gentlemen
Folks jumping to the conclusion that this is a rabid Trump supporter and that they deserved to die is some really sick shit, y'all. Fuckin stop it.

Which is outside consensus and therefor wrong:
Quote from: Capra
Yeah, what a sick conclusion to jump to. I mean, it's not like Trump supporters have a history of attacking the Capitol or anything
And that's perfectly valid. My frustration lies entirely with the constant fishing for reasons to be glad a total stranger has died violently. Even if the prevailing guess is correct, this man was nobody to anybody here and scoring social media dunks on him is a horrid look for the community.
Quote from: Mercury Fred
Won't someone PLEASE think of the violent, white nationalist cultists??
Quote from: Elegant Weapon
I was literally writing a cynical post about someone here eventually finger wagging the rest of the forum for this thread but it happened before I even got to post :-/

Folks jumping to the conclusion that this is a rabid Trump supporter and that they deserved to die is some really sick shit, y'all. Fuckin stop it.
Whoa, dude. You didn’t even let me finish my cynical post about someone like you before you showed up

This person took their own life, Gentlemen. No one can say they deserved to die if they hadn’t killed themself. It’s not like they were minding their own business and were unjustly killed by police or something.

You can argue we don’t know yet exactly why this person made this attack and took their own life so pointlessly but come thee fuck on… it only took two days for mainstream right wing media to activate one of their radicalized agents to attack the fbi in Ohio. It’s not a huge leap to assume this is also one of the those militant right wing crazies
I never said to mourn him either. Y'all just looking to win an argument against shadowpuppets at this point.

Quote from: Mercury Fred
spidermanpointing.jpg

The guy's name eventually comes out, they say it doesn't look like he was targeting a congressperson. There doesn't appear to be an immediate link to MAGA postings, so RBH jumps to proving he was no angel:
Quote from: RBH
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.mcall.com/news/mc-xpm-2012-10-30-mc-c-hellertown-pregnant-girlfriend-assault-20121029-story.html[/URL]

[URL unfurl="true"]https://sauconsource.com/2017/02/01/borough-man-burglarized-yeagers-pharmacy-june-police-say/[/URL]

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-lower-saucon-aggravated-assault-20200109-cuafy2tugzdw3dfvvsslg662xa-story.html[/URL]

Quite the track record

If he's MAGA in the end they'll double down and gloat over everyone who objected; if he's not there will be zero self reflection and bringing this up in the future will probably lead to warnings/banning. Horeshoe theory up the ass.

Morality aside, this makes Era news threads virtually worthless as half the posts are just people responding to their mental fanfic and attacking anyone criticizing their headcanon.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #27232 on: August 14, 2022, 04:57:45 PM »
Why is RBH trying to bring records to a dead man?  Jesus Christ they're so obsessive.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #27233 on: August 14, 2022, 05:01:26 PM »
Hey I’m not telling you what to do, but why get mad at others who have sympathy for people who have mental health issues??
They were radicalized by someone no matter what their situation was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also “mental health issues” is just as much of a stretch here as saying they were MAGA, now who’s jumping to conclusions? It’s also not some blanket get out of jail free card.
You called them a nutjob, what else was I supposed to read into that other than that you think they have mental health issues?
Jesus fuuuuucking Christ what sanctimonious bullshit. Bye.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27234 on: August 14, 2022, 05:24:39 PM »
When someone blows their brain out it's pretty fair to assume they have mental issues...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27235 on: August 14, 2022, 05:49:27 PM »
The thread has clearly run its course :snob

Part of me thinks this thread needs to be preserve in order to show and tell others, "Don't be like this"
Part of me thinks you need to STFU and stop backseat modding  ::)

The hell happened to some of you. Fucking gross.
What is this generalization, Sounds like you need to cool off for a day or 3.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #27236 on: August 14, 2022, 05:57:01 PM »
I guess leakers are the last thing the forum has that qualifies as industry people because pretty much every developer worth a damn has ditched the forum. Maybe that's why they're so eager to defend him.

"In the name of 'empathy' I'll bandwagon against an autistic leaker who is already harassed daily" is what I'm reading. Honestly the thread title spoils more than the pic does.

Being a leaker and then complaining about harassment is just too funny to me. Like, just stop leaking then? Or suck it up and take the bad clout with the good clout
Odin, being in a game called God of War Ragnarok, is a spoiler now?

Tell me what I'm missing here?
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27237 on: August 14, 2022, 06:12:37 PM »
Spoiler discourse these days is basically:

SIGH Thanks for spoiling Bowser shows up in Super Mario Sunshine, guess I won't have to finish it now  :brazilcry

Please don't spoil the Comic-Con trailer for Wakanda Forever for those of us that are on a media black-out :donot

🤴

TacoWallace

« Reply #27238 on: August 14, 2022, 06:48:09 PM »

Odin, being in a game called God of War Ragnarok, is a spoiler now?

Tell me what I'm missing here?

That the only person to call Dusk autistic in that thread somehow avoided punishment.

BIONIC

« Reply #27239 on: August 14, 2022, 07:02:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/norway-euthanizes-beloved-1-300-pound-walrus-named-freya.619620/

The one where ree has more reverence for dead animals than humans :lol
Margs