Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 579552 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #2220 on: March 14, 2018, 08:58:47 PM »
I really don't know if Cream is trolling us or if we're trolling him. At this point it is so fun I don't even care.

Pretty positive cream is a voat member creating a better alibi for reee

Oh no, she's/he's/idontevenknowyourgender¡s loading bullets on the ignore list! Please don't it wuz joek.

Guaranteed PMing the shared Cream account's posts to sweet nicole to prove sincerity
Uncle

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #2221 on: March 14, 2018, 08:59:38 PM »
I've been on the internet for almost two decades. This is the first time it kind of hurts a little that I was put on the ignore list of someone.

Please Cream, don't leave me.

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #2222 on: March 14, 2018, 09:01:43 PM »
I really don't know if Cream is trolling us or if we're trolling him. At this point it is so fun I don't even care.

Pretty positive cream is a voat member creating a better alibi for reee

Oh no, she's/he's/idontevenknowyourgender¡s loading bullets on the ignore list! Please don't it wuz joek.

Guaranteed PMing the shared Cream account's posts to sweet nicole to prove sincerity

Jfc

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2223 on: March 14, 2018, 09:02:05 PM »
I was nice to cream!

And Shosta doesn't get ignored? not even one of his identities?
:success
每天生气

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2224 on: March 14, 2018, 09:02:36 PM »
Huelen vs Cream is the dumbest fight I never knew I wanted to see til just now

Hot Slice

« Reply #2225 on: March 14, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »
OK can somebody please tell me how to put somebody on ignore because I can’t find it on mobile and I’ve been looking for a while

Profile > Modify Profile > Buddies/Ignores List... > Edit Ignore List

Thank you!

Goodbye Optimus, thisismyusername, etiolate And Nintex.
Why say goodbye to those whose replies you won’t hear, or that aren’t worth your time? Self-aggrandizement? Merely curious, not that it matters at all in the grand scheme of things mind you.

You’ve already made it into another way for you to judge me, so does it really matter what my answer is?

I want you to know you don’t fool me at all Huelen
You are no fool, and I’ve no intent of fooling anyone. Consider it an I decorated olive branch. I was hoping you would lay bare the pure source of any hesitation and stress so that we may talk about it, and help you and decent people here move past it, for the mutual benefit of all. After all, discussion is the crucible in which we burn away all irrelevancies and impurities until we are left with the core, the truth, for all time. Call me naive, but I always believe that’s worth aiming for. Think the best of people because at the end of the day, most people end up being decent. At least, that’s how I see it. You do seem troubled, and I honestly do wish you the best.

Not a fight. I don’t fight. A fight requires 2 participants.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:10:22 PM by Hot Slice »

daemon

« Reply #2226 on: March 14, 2018, 09:05:39 PM »
Jeez... the forum interface may be from 1998 but our shock sites don’t need to be too.  :-\

Joke's on you, it's a deceptive link to encyclopediadramatica/offended page. I didn't want Cream to actually enjoy it

spoiler (click to show/hide)
it's actually a direct link to Cream's ignore list
[close]

etiolate

« Reply #2227 on: March 14, 2018, 09:07:45 PM »
If Huelen is extending an olive branch to you

it's probably his dick

which is why its decorated

so grab it and hold on for peace

Cream

« Reply #2228 on: March 14, 2018, 09:08:26 PM »
OK can somebody please tell me how to put somebody on ignore because I can’t find it on mobile and I’ve been looking for a while

Thank you!

Why say goodbye to those whose replies you won’t hear, or that aren’t worth your time? Self-aggrandizement? Merely curious, not that it matters at all in the grand scheme of things mind you.

You’ve already made it into another way for you to judge me, so does it really matter what my answer is?

You are no fool, and I’ve no intent of fooling anyone. Consider it an I decorated olive branch. I was hoping you would lay bare the pure source of any hesitation and stress so that we may talk about it, and help you and decent people here move past it, for the mutual benefit of all. After all, discussion is the crucible in which we burn away all irrelevancies and impurities until we are left with the core, the truth, for all time. Call me naive, but I always believe that’s worth aiming for. Think the best of people because at the end of the day, most people end up being decent. At least, that’s how I see it.

You can’t honestly expect me to believe this bullshit right? It’s comical.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #2229 on: March 14, 2018, 09:08:37 PM »

Thank you!

I didn't make the list  :six:

Cream

« Reply #2230 on: March 14, 2018, 09:09:33 PM »

Thank you!

Oh shit I forgot you existed. Thanks for reminding me. Bye.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2231 on: March 14, 2018, 09:09:58 PM »

Thank you!

Uncle

Nola

« Reply #2232 on: March 14, 2018, 09:10:29 PM »
Jfc

There really is no amount of proof about racial inequality that will ever change your mind, huh?

I don't want to put words in etoilate's mouth, but he's not saying the modern world is a post-racial meritocracy. Just that someone born into the good life in America these days seems to make a point to not count their blessings.

That can be a completely true statement at the same time as saying there is massive inequality in all areas of American society and black people have it much worse than whites. The evidence, documented by basically by every organization and group possible overwhelmingly supports this.

Pretty much the biggest determinants of a child’s  future success is how much money your parents make and whether you are raised by a single mother/father. Certainly there is racial inequality, but a black child born into an upper middle class family with two parents, on average has better future success than a white kid born to a poor single mom.

To be fair, there is correlation between being black, and being poor, and being in a single parent family and correlation with lower income and single parent families, in general.

Thats a pretty big BUT wouldn't you say?

daemon

« Reply #2233 on: March 14, 2018, 09:10:32 PM »

Thank you!

Cream's ignore list wasn't inclusive enough

Oh, you got included:

Goooooood!

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #2234 on: March 14, 2018, 09:10:54 PM »

Thank you!

Oh shit I forgot you existed. Thanks for reminding me. Bye.
:jeanluc
i'm not accepting this,  had to remind you so it's not the same 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #2235 on: March 14, 2018, 09:11:43 PM »
I have no idea what this is, what is this?

mods please

etiolate

« Reply #2236 on: March 14, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »
I'm sad that I never got feedback on my C.R.E.A.M. tribute

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2237 on: March 14, 2018, 09:12:01 PM »

That's another aspect of racial inequality
Uncle

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2238 on: March 14, 2018, 09:12:35 PM »
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you- you could, you’ll do, you- you wants, you, you could do so, you- you’ll do, you could- you, you want, you want them to do you so much you could do anything?

Cream

« Reply #2239 on: March 14, 2018, 09:12:49 PM »
Jfc

There really is no amount of proof about racial inequality that will ever change your mind, huh?

I don't want to put words in etoilate's mouth, but he's not saying the modern world is a post-racial meritocracy. Just that someone born into the good life in America these days seems to make a point to not count their blessings.

That can be a completely true statement at the same time as saying there is massive inequality in all areas of American society and black people have it much worse than whites. The evidence, documented by basically by every organization and group possible overwhelmingly supports this.

Pretty much the biggest determinants of a child’s  future success is how much money your parents make and whether you are raised by a single mother/father. Certainly there is racial inequality, but a black child born into an upper middle class family with two parents, on average has better future success than a white kid born to a poor single mom.

To be fair, there is correlation between being black, and being poor, and being in a single parent family and correlation with lower income and single parent families, in general.

It’s almost as if this is completely obvious to anyone with common sense and completely disregarding anyone trying to argue otherwise being turned into a bad thing is ridiculous.

Like “the earth is flat” levels of ridiculous.

Optimus

« Reply #2240 on: March 14, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »
I have no idea what this is, what is this?

mods please

We're organizing Cream's ignore list.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2241 on: March 14, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »

Thank you!

You are no fool, and I’ve no intent of fooling anyone. Consider it an I decorated olive branch. I was hoping you would lay bare the pure source of any hesitation and stress so that we may talk about it, and help you and decent people here move past it, for the mutual benefit of all. After all, discussion is the crucible in which we burn away all irrelevancies and impurities until we are left with the core, the truth, for all time. Call me naive, but I always believe that’s worth aiming for. Think the best of people because at the end of the day, most people end up being decent. At least, that’s how I see it.

Believe it, son.  You're making a big mistake.

Huelen's honestly one of the best people I know. Just unrelentingly nice. Met very few people as nice as she is.
Uncle

Cream

« Reply #2242 on: March 14, 2018, 09:15:42 PM »

Thank you!

Believe it, son.  You're making a big mistake.

Huelen's honestly one of the best people I know. Just unrelentingly nice. Met very few people as nice as she is.

Lol yeah sure huelen is real nice.

I have way more confidence in you guys than that. I refuse to believe she’s actually fooled you all. You have to be trolling.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2243 on: March 14, 2018, 09:16:48 PM »
What's your beef

Hot Slice

« Reply #2244 on: March 14, 2018, 09:17:01 PM »

I don’t expect or assume anything of anyone, I just choose to see the best in people. You may not know me well enough, but those that do can vouch that I am simple that direct. That’s okay too, you’ve no obligation to know or trust me. Ultimately, believe what you wish.

I guess I’m just chill? Feels weird saying it.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #2245 on: March 14, 2018, 09:17:42 PM »
The Bore fell off

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #2246 on: March 14, 2018, 09:17:43 PM »
cream, here's a protip to get the mods attention: start posting 90s music videos

shosta

« Reply #2247 on: March 14, 2018, 09:18:09 PM »

I have way more confidence in you guys than that. I refuse to believe she’s actually fooled you all. You have to be trolling.
Can't speak for other people but we've been pals for a while and I've stuck up for her for a long time. You're pretty judgmental of her but you don't know anything about her and the fact that she keeps being nice to you in spite of the way you're treating her should give you some pause. I'll say it again: I have never met anyone online in my entire life that was nicer a person than Huelen.
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #2248 on: March 14, 2018, 09:21:29 PM »

I don’t expect or assume anything of anyone, I just choose to see the best in people. You may not know me well enough, but those that do can vouch that I am simple that direct. That’s okay too, you’ve no obligation to know or trust me. Ultimately, believe what you wish.

why have you not put Mona's pizza in the hot video game girl thread?

Don't make me do it myself.

Cream

« Reply #2249 on: March 14, 2018, 09:22:31 PM »

Yeah “chill” that’s one word for what you are.

Optimus

« Reply #2250 on: March 14, 2018, 09:23:43 PM »

The main reason black people stay poor is because of capitalism's poverty cycle, generations upon generations of trailer park whites and ghetto blacks continue to be poor because capitalism is a shitty system that unlike the bullshit being spoonfed to Americans doesn't really give opportunities to the the vast majority of people. This is why despite the endless liberal bragging about the first black president the neoliberal shill didn't do shit about black communities. He couldn't, in order to do that he would have to do some serious damage to capitalism and the ruling class he worked for.

Jansen

« Reply #2251 on: March 14, 2018, 09:24:27 PM »
"mods help"

Cream

« Reply #2252 on: March 14, 2018, 09:24:35 PM »

Can't speak for other people but we've been pals for a while and I've stuck up for her for a long time. You're pretty judgmental of her but you don't know anything about her and the fact that she keeps being nice to you in spite of the way you're treating her should give you some pause. I'll say it again: I have never met anyone online in my entire life that was nicer a person than Huelen.

I mean if I can be honest I don’t think you and I have agreed on anything since I got here and I see you liking a lot of posts saying really hurtful things to me so I’m sorry if your vote of confidence in her favor doesn’t mean that much. It would be like me trying to tell you or anyone else here that Sweet Nicole is my friend and I think she’s great.

daemon

« Reply #2253 on: March 14, 2018, 09:24:42 PM »
Idk much about Huelen, but you must be legit good when even neoF*G cares when you dont have online activity and fear you might've commited suicide.

Having said that Cream, you probably thought someone on resetera found the origin of your avatar forcing you to change it but...

IT WAS ME.

BisMarckie

« Reply #2254 on: March 14, 2018, 09:24:49 PM »
I want details!

Let's air some grievances!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2255 on: March 14, 2018, 09:25:34 PM »

Don't worry, Cream will come around.  You can tell by how they're all about using preferred pronouns and being considerate of people who might be a little different.  Cream prioritizes humanizing people, as opposed to de-humanizing them.  Giving people a fair shake and all that.  You know because they made a post earlier about understanding how it feels to be "othered," to be disrespected in spite of doing nothing wrong, etc.  Someone who's been through that is always willing to have a thoughtful conversation with a non-hostile person like Huelen.
Uncle

shosta

« Reply #2256 on: March 14, 2018, 09:25:51 PM »
I mean if I can be honest I don’t think you and I have agreed on anything since I got here so I’m sorry if your vote of confidence in her favor doesn’t mean that much. It would be like me trying to tell you or anyone else here that Sweet Nicole is my friend and I think she’s great.
Did you forget I was a mod? I remember Sweet Nicole. She's a good person and a good girlfriend and she's exceedingly kind to people. I just think she has extreme temper and control issues.
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2257 on: March 14, 2018, 09:26:53 PM »
Don't forget Shostakovich was a mod
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #2258 on: March 14, 2018, 09:31:12 PM »
Katy Perry kissed a 19-year-old.  How will era react?  With a MOD EDIT: READ OP

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-an-unwanted-kiss-on-abcs-%E2%80%98american-idol%E2%80%99-mod-edit-read-op.29495/

MOD EDIT: This story is about a young man who was uncomfortable being kissed. He would have said no if asked. How he feels after the fact does not change what happened.

Don’t use this thread to rationalize unwanted physical contact or making physical contact without consent. Do not dismiss that this person did not want to be kissed. Be conscious of this when discussing this event.

This must be what going Full Resetera means. Can't they discuss anything?

What the fuck?!?! This GIF is even worse than the WaPo screenshot that was part of the article:
sigh

Cream

« Reply #2259 on: March 14, 2018, 09:31:28 PM »
Fine. Forget I mentioned Nicole. I still don’t trust Huelen.

shosta

« Reply #2260 on: March 14, 2018, 09:32:29 PM »
Well, if you had to judge her just based on her posts in this thread, what would you say?
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #2261 on: March 14, 2018, 09:33:03 PM »
my parents were trailer park trash

they actually lived in adjacent trailer parks

the kids mostly moved out of that situation, while some of them eventually moved back into trailer park life after having a house (and several divorces)

Our grandparents never left. My mother is middle to upper middle class now. She was the first of her family to get a college degree. My generation is the first with multiple college degrees in our combined family lines.

My father is well below the poverty line. I've had to help him out of homelessness a couple of times. Well, he has been homeless a couple of times.  I give him what I can, because I am poor myself but have advantages he didn't have. (And avoided mistakes he made.)

Not to get too personal, but the point is that if you go in assuming things about life then you're not going to maximize what advantages you have. While you should be mindful of disadvantages, you need to be even more mindful of your advantages so you don't waste them. Don't waste opportunity and don't dive too far down when hardship befalls you. These elements are true regardless of your country and system.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2262 on: March 14, 2018, 09:33:10 PM »
Fine. Forget I mentioned Nicole. I still don’t trust Huelen.

Nobody trusts Huelen. 
sigh

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #2263 on: March 14, 2018, 09:33:26 PM »
pressing the MODS HELP button but nothing is happening :stahp
bent

Jansen

« Reply #2264 on: March 14, 2018, 09:33:51 PM »

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #2265 on: March 14, 2018, 09:34:02 PM »
EVENT
rub

Cream

« Reply #2266 on: March 14, 2018, 09:34:12 PM »
Well, if you had to judge her just based on her posts in this thread, what would you say?

I still wouldn’t trust her I think. It just wouldn’t be as much?. She’s said things to me that were very subtly placed digs at me, which seemed unusually biting for someone who is supposed to be “the nicest person I’ve ever met on the Internet.”

Optimus

« Reply #2267 on: March 14, 2018, 09:35:11 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-an-unwanted-kiss-on-abcs-%E2%80%98american-idol%E2%80%99-mod-edit-read-op.29495/

MOD EDIT: This story is about a young man who was uncomfortable being kissed. He would have said no if asked. How he feels after the fact does not change what happened.

Don’t use this thread to rationalize unwanted physical contact or making physical contact without consent. Do not dismiss that this person did not want to be kissed. Be conscious of this when discussing this event.

(Image removed from quote.)

What the fuck?!?! This GIF is even worse than the WaPo screenshot that was part of the article:

Look, I'm not a puritan but RAPE! RAAAAAAPE!

daemon

« Reply #2268 on: March 14, 2018, 09:35:36 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

What bothers me about it is the fact she cheered like "Booya tricked the boy" etc. The act itself is innocuous. Now, getting french kissed by a guy over 18 when you're 5 years old, which is something that happened to me, is something else

I still wouldn’t trust her I think. It just wouldn’t be as much?. She’s said things to me that were very subtly placed digs at me, which seemed unusually biting for someone who is supposed to be “the nicest person I’ve ever met on the Internet.”

I wouldn't trust you with the spare change of a milk bottle, but I don't say it outloud at every chance I get. Manners, please.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2269 on: March 14, 2018, 09:36:57 PM »
User Warned For: Insulting someone's beliefs for wanting their first kiss to be special.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5581436/

Yet openly supporting the Nation of Islam gets nothing.
sigh

BisMarckie

« Reply #2270 on: March 14, 2018, 09:38:51 PM »
User Warned For: Insulting someone's beliefs for wanting their first kiss to be special.

Insulting someone's beliefs?
:doge :doge :doge

etiolate

« Reply #2271 on: March 14, 2018, 09:39:30 PM »
it's a tv show stunt

be offended that they try to play "reality" through celebrity character driven drama like a true   :snob

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2272 on: March 14, 2018, 09:40:04 PM »
Cream is the sort of person who will let you know if you're making statements that don't contribute to acceptance of non-binary people in society at large, or judging them unfairly, or using the wrong pronouns.  This is based on a lifetime of personal experience in how much it hurts when people mistreat you over superficial differences.  I think someone like that is guaranteed to act charitably when they encounter someone like Huelen who only wants to take part in polite conversation.  Resolving differences and gaining a better understanding of each other is at the forefront of what Cream is all about.
Uncle

Nola

« Reply #2273 on: March 14, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »

The main reason black people stay poor is because of capitalism's poverty cycle, generations upon generations of trailer park whites and ghetto blacks continue to be poor because capitalism is a shitty system that unlike the bullshit being spoonfed to Americans doesn't really give opportunities to the the vast majority of people. This is why despite the endless liberal bragging about the first black president the neoliberal shill didn't do shit about black communities. He couldn't, in order to do that he would have to do some serious damage to capitalism and the ruling class he worked for.

I would take any number of issues with that simple narrative or the assertions made on top of them, but that is sort of irrelevant to the point about whether race is currently a major life advantage in America or not.

Fact is if you are white you are much more likely to be born into a higher income household and/or a household with access to any number of life advantages.

Maybe dissolving capitalism into whatever vague economic system you think will bring on the coming utopia is the best path to eliminating that advantage/disadvantage, but in 2018 America, being white, in the aggregate, provides a much greater probability to be born into advantage and being white provides numerous advantages throughout the life cycle.

Cream

« Reply #2274 on: March 14, 2018, 09:41:07 PM »
Cream is the sort of person who will let you know if you're making statements that don't contribute to acceptance of non-binary people in society at large, or judging them unfairly, or using the wrong pronouns.  This is based on a lifetime of personal experience in how much it hurts when people mistreat you over superficial differences.  I think someone like that is guaranteed to act charitably when they encounter someone like Huelen who only wants to take part in polite conversation.  Resolving differences and gaining a better understanding of each other is at the forefront of what Cream is all about.

I’ve made it pretty clear that I believe Huelen to be a petty fake, and not actually solely interested in polite conversation.

Optimus

« Reply #2275 on: March 14, 2018, 09:41:36 PM »
it's a tv show stunt

be offended that they try to play "reality" through celebrity character driven drama like a true   :snob

I can reply to this as a Resetera nutjob: "Even if it's fake it's glorifying sexual assault."

shosta

« Reply #2276 on: March 14, 2018, 09:41:45 PM »
I’ve made it pretty clear that I believe Huelen to be a petty fake, and not actually solely interested in polite conversation.
Because you're pathologically paranoid?
每天生气

Cream

« Reply #2277 on: March 14, 2018, 09:43:43 PM »
Because you're pathologically paranoid?

So what is it when you guys keep thinking I’m a troll or alt?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2278 on: March 14, 2018, 09:43:57 PM »

There are a lot of people who believe non-binary people are faking as well.  The world is a much better place when we take people at their word and accept that whatever they are going through is genuine.
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #2279 on: March 14, 2018, 09:44:21 PM »