Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866308 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I'd be scared shitless about the law if I wasn't white.

Fixt
©ZH

Beardo

Fixt

Are you suggesting that you can't read (the law) if they aren't white? That's pretty racist.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
"And I think it's part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it's always got to be somebody's fault instead of the fact that maybe sometimes accidents happen," Paul said.

Accidents happen.  I spilled some pasta on the floor, and now the livelihood of everybody in my area is affected.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
[close]

:rofl :rofl :rofl

the self-clowning continues
___

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
Not wanting to sell someone something does not "victimize" in any conceivable way.

:rofl
oh my god
i dont think there's any actual limit to jaydubya's ability to outdo himself
pcp

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.

Fixt

Are you suggesting that you can't read (the law) if they aren't white? That's pretty racist.
I hadn't really thought of it that way because that is the kind of (lame)reach that only a conservative could make. A 'leap of faith' I think you guys call it.

However, this is racist:
©ZH

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Say what you will about the Arizona law (it was passed since the Federal Government's Immigration Officers are failing majorly at their job), but I take offense to Obama and Democrats clapping in support of the Mexican President ripping Arizona a new one while he has just as bad, if not worse immigration laws concerning the countries to Mexico's south that Mexico has no intention of repealing. The real reason that guy doesn't want the law to be legal is because of all the money those illegals send back to families in Mexico, boosting that country's economy.
XDF

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
We still have an amendment that makes it illegal to own slaves.
And that is well.  Would that we had equivalent amendments that were as protective of the right to property and the right to life.
Slavery is a violation of the human right to liberty and the right to property - you must have self-ownership, self-determination; someone using aggressive force to take that away that self-determination is inherently and inexorably wrong in a way that makes not selling you a cheeseburger pale in comparison... just a bit.
First of them all, I will for the sake of argument disregard all the cases of blacks being denied cheeseburgers...

What about when they would be passed up for jobs by some employers, or made impossible for them to get paid higher than a white coworker even if they do work harder?

Even the most essential needs such as getting library cards, getting an equivalent education, and maybe even the right to walk into voting booths was kinda infringed upon by the institutionalized racism and segregation in the south.

It wasn't just about cheeseburgers..oh shat, I'm sorry about that.  I forgot I wasn't supposed to bring it up.

Would you at least admit that the parts of the Civil Rights Act that you do agree with (like voting) would be much harder to expect to take change if the businesses are still allowed to be segregated?

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
A link to the last page should be an auto-reply to every one of JayDubya's posts. "hypothetical" BUAHAHAHAHAHAH
___

Mandark

• Icon
I don't see what the big deal is.  So every now and again they couldn't conveniently buy a cheeseburger.  I ask you, is that so bad?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
I don't see what the big deal is.  So every now and again they couldn't conveniently buy a cheeseburger.  I ask you, is that so bad?

Plus the invisible hand of capitalism will just fix everything.

On a side note I tried explaining the concept of Libertarianism to a member of this board over Xbox Live named Skidmark who lives in Sweden as we were playing MW 2. I think he was stunned that such a concept even exists.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
"And I think it's part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it's always got to be somebody's fault instead of the fact that maybe sometimes accidents happen or dirty lazy government-teat sucking poors and blacks abuse the hard work of honest white middle-class taxpayers," Paul said.

Accidents happen.  I spilled some pasta on the floor, and now the livelihood of everybody in my area is affected.

fixed for subtext.

and yeah, in a vacuum, where we are all individuals operating in context-free isolation, not selling someone something is victimless. but when the act of "selling" is more than simple an exchange of goods/services/currency, and when like-minded individuals group together in communities, and when those groups form greater societies all of whom are against selling something to someone on account of their skin color or perceived sexual preference or long hair or religious affiliation, well, THEN you have a need for an authority with a larger perspective to step in and bust shit up. the fundamental failing of the libertarian -- the one they just can't wrap their heads around -- is that NO MAN IS AN ISLAND. if you are going to involve other people in ANY aspect of your life, then you must relinquish certain perceived freedoms, many of which are relinquished not because they impact your immediate environs or status but because you have CHOSEN to be part of a larger community that has specific needs to retain overall cohesion. perspective: not something common to lolbertarian outlooks, and the lack of it is why social progressives are so mystified. and *we're* the ones that supposed hate america?

of course, this approach will be rendered into some hilariously binary argument by one of the libertarian set here, because everything is either one thing -OR- another, and there can be no messy, inconvenient, uncomfortable shades of grey that require moral flexibility or cultural adaptation. no, if you practice that approach, you're IMMORAL!!!!! or you must take it some illogical extreme that results in everyone getting sent to camps somewhere.

duc

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
a = a

Tonya

Oblivion

Say what you will about the Arizona law (it was passed since the Federal Government's Immigration Officers are failing majorly at their job), but I take offense to Obama and Democrats clapping in support of the Mexican President ripping Arizona a new one while he has just as bad, if not worse immigration laws concerning the countries to Mexico's south that Mexico has no intention of repealing.

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/hannity-says-mexican-president-needs

Also, you can't blame Obama and the Dems for 'failing to do their job', when people like Lindsey Graham (despite being a co-author of an immigration bill) are refusing to get involved.

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Say what you will about the Arizona law (it was passed since the Federal Government's Immigration Officers are failing majorly at their job), but I take offense to Obama and Democrats clapping in support of the Mexican President ripping Arizona a new one while he has just as bad, if not worse immigration laws concerning the countries to Mexico's south that Mexico has no intention of repealing.

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/hannity-says-mexican-president-needs

Also, you can't blame Obama and the Dems for 'failing to do their job', when people like Lindsey Graham (despite being a co-author of an immigration bill) are refusing to get involved.

Ok, so according to that the laws have been updated. Good. I'm not blaming just Obama in this case man. I'm blaming the whole government and those prior to Obama. If the prior administrations, as well as the current, had done their job and secured the border, we wouldn't be dealing with this law in the first place.

XDF

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
"And I think it's part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it's always got to be somebody's fault instead of the fact that maybe sometimes accidents happen or dirty lazy government-teat sucking poors and blacks abuse the hard work of honest white middle-class taxpayers," Paul said.

fixed for subtext.

and yeah, in a vacuum, where we are all individuals operating in context-free isolation, not selling someone something is victimless. but when the act of "selling" is more than simple an exchange of goods/services/currency, and when like-minded individuals group together in communities, and when those groups form greater societies all of whom are against selling something to someone on account of their skin color or perceived sexual preference or long hair or religious affiliation, well, THEN you have a need for an authority with a larger perspective to step in and bust shit up. the fundamental failing of the libertarian -- the one they just can't wrap their heads around -- is that NO MAN IS AN ISLAND. if you are going to involve other people in ANY aspect of your life, then you must relinquish certain perceived freedoms, many of which are relinquished not because they impact your immediate environs or status but because you have CHOSEN to be part of a larger community that has specific needs to retain overall cohesion. perspective: not something common to lolbertarian outlooks, and the lack of it is why social progressives are so mystified. and *we're* the ones that supposed hate america?

of course, this approach will be rendered into some hilariously binary argument by one of the libertarian set here, because everything is either one thing -OR- another, and there can be no messy, inconvenient, uncomfortable shades of grey that require moral flexibility or cultural adaptation. no, if you practice that approach, you're IMMORAL!!!!! or you must take it some illogical extreme that results in everyone getting sent to camps somewhere.

PROLE  :bow2

WRECKING SHIT  :bow2
MMA

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Quote from: JayDubya
Not wanting to sell someone something does not "victimize" in any conceivable way.

What?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
don't celebrate yet; if the libertarians get their way, policemen will be replaced with robocops and/or mercenaries, depending on which polarized version of reality they prefer
duc

Phoenix Dark

Also, on immigration: conservatives complain that the federal government has dropped the ball, thus forcing states to take action. But once the federal government starts working on immigration, conservatives throw a batshit hissy fit of epic proportions. Explain this please.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
don't celebrate yet; if the libertarians get their way, policemen will be replaced with robocops and/or mercenaries, depending on which polarized version of reality they prefer

Hey, I'll throw my hat in with the mercenary crowd.

A former Mounted Policeman must adapt to a changing landscape, selling his skills to the highest bidder in a near-future dystopian world.  But eventually he discovers that the work his new employers demand from him may not be worth the ultimate cost:  his soul.

*A screenplay by Will Federman*
MMA

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
:lol

call it "ANTHEM 2: O CANADA"
duc

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Explain this please.
Don't.  It's impossible.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
It seems clear to me that Rand Paul, and perhaps JayDubya, would be more in favor of a nationwide network of government-run grocery stores, hotels, and lending agencies that would offer service to everyone. That way, private businessmen could mistreat whoever they want and the government would be staying within its bounds of authority!

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
then go BE an island, and see how long you last!
duc

Phoenix Dark

Quote from: JayDubya
Looking solely at the property aspect, Jim Crow laws that dictate what someone must not do and Title IX dictating what someone must do are equally unjust.

At this point what's the point. I don't want to sound like some asshole outsider scoffing at the debate, but clearly arguing against such a delusional, mechanical argument is a waste of bandwidth.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
in jaydubya's world, it's okay for others to mistreat you as long as the "others" aren't "the government"

apparently individuals don't ever predictably band together to enforce shared beliefs; or if they do, it's okay, as long as they don't call themselves a government  ???
duc

FoneBone

reminder: jdubs has previously declared with a straight face that "tyranny of the majority" best describes "the masses voting themselves a free lunch" rather than Jim Crow, sodomy laws, or the like

FoneBone

JAYDUBYA:  Businesses wouldn't discriminate against minorities, it's against their enlightened self-interest!

PHOENIXDARK:  Actually, most white-owned businesses throughout a large portion of the United States did just that for roughly a century and only stopped after intervention by the federal government.

JAYDUBYA:  I just explained how that would never happen.

PHOENIXDARK:  ...but it did happen.

JAYDUBYA:  Maybe.  But even if it did, it's impossible that it ever could have.
also jaydubs, as always pathologically unable to admit being wrong, still has yet to directly respond to this (other than calling it a "strawman," which isn't an actual response)

Phoenix Dark

Denying services to blacks is no worse than the government stopping businesses from denying services to blacks. Seriously

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Has anyone asked Rand about other widely popular libertarian stances of legalized drugs and prostitution? :teehee
that's the thing, either he wins and becomes a republican who doesn't go with the establishment with the GOP, votes against war and social conservatism, or his stances become so much of a liability that a republican loses to a dem in fucking Kentucky of all places.

him getting the nomination was lose-lose the GOP.

Nah, he'll have a far right authoritarian voting record if he gets elected.  As I suspect most tea partiers who gets elected will vote.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

He doesn't seem as...principled as his father. I could see him voting with the GOP establishment. For instance, if republicans take the senate (unlikely) I just can't imagine him voting against most of their crap

Beardo

Should a black family owned restaurant be forced to serve KKK members? That's pretty absurd.

Beardo

then go BE an island, and see how long you last!

Nobody is suggesting this.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Should a black family owned restaurant be forced to serve KKK members? That's pretty absurd.
As lomng as they aren't trying to preach hate speech, then yes the KKK members should be served.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I like how JayDubya is the only one who "understands" America.  Everyone else is wrong. :lol
PS4

Phoenix Dark

Yes. Although I find it odd/interesting that this is the analogy you came up with in a discussion on whether businesses should be able to discriminate based on race

AdmiralViscen

Are you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged?

Mandark

• Icon

I realize that your first instinct is to disagree with your Internet Enemies, as nefarious and cryptofascist as they are.  However.

You're drifting towards explicit opposition to the Civil Rights Act.

I'd really, really recommend you take a few moments to think things over before continuing down that path.

Mandark

• Icon
Hey wait!  You're not Beardo at all!

:wag

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Hey wait!  You're not Beardo at all!

:wag

Are you sure?  Have you ever seen both of them in the same place?
MMA

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
in his defense, internet libertarians often appear functionally interchangable

that's what a good shot of inflexible dogma does to one's interweb dna
duc

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
I like how JayDubya is the only one who "understands" America.  Everyone else is wrong. :lol
Except for him all I see is immigrants and euro-fegs in this thread.

Phoenix Dark

in his defense, internet libertarians often appear functionally interchangable

that's what a good shot of inflexible dogma does to one's interweb dna

Stereotypes ftl. Liberals prove to be the true racists once again

Mandark

• Icon

[youtube=560,345]k6CkltzGAxY[/youtube]

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Love that sketch.

edit: oh shit, I started a new page!  nooooooooo, all of the effort to engage JayDubya in debate is now for naught.........
MMA

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
all men are islands *ignores every bit of biology, neurology, and psychology showing the incredible amount of interdependence human societies have*

poppy cock, science is the new magick
wtc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
also magnets how do they work
duc

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
the magnet is a magic trick created by the shaman known as the "scientist" to fool the self-determined man into thinking there are forces beyond individual human control
wtc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
PSP

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Don't you guys get tired of arguing with JayDubya?
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

AdmiralViscen

Love that sketch.

edit: oh shit, I started a new page!  nooooooooo, all of the effort to engage JayDubya in debate is now for naught.........

In his defense, I brought this up with him just a few weeks ago and he said...

...oh wait a minute...

Tristam

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/greenhouse/post/2010/05/palin-criticizes-obama-on-gulf-oil-cleanup/1

Sarah Palin, who popularized the "drill, baby, drill" slogan as the GOP vice presidential candidate, criticized President Obama's efforts to clean up the Gulf oil spill.

The former Alaska governor, speaking on "Fox News Sunday," questioned whether there's "any connection" between Obama's campaign donations from oil companies and him "taking so doggone long to get in there, to dive in there, and grasp the complexity and the potential tragedy that we are seeing here in the Gulf of Mexico," the Los Angeles Times reports.

Palin said she remains a "big supporter" of oil drilling but "these oil companies have got to be held accountable."

In response, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Palin should learn more about the situation.

"My suggestion to Sarah Palin would be to get slightly more informed as to what's going on in and around oil drilling in this country," Gibbs said on CBS News' "Face the Nation." He added:

Sarah Palin was involved in that election, but I don't think, apparently, was paying a whole lot of attention. I'm almost sure that the oil companies don't consider the Obama administration a huge ally. We proposed a windfall profits tax when they jacked their oil prices up to charge more for gasoline.

The oil and gas industry donated $2.4 million to Palin's running mate, Republican John McCain, in the 2008 election cycle, and nearly $900,000 to Obama, according to the Times, which cites data from the Center for Responsive Politics' opensecrets.org website.

"Every bit of government has been activated," Gibbs said CBS News. "The president has told the team to spare nothing in trying to cap this well."

Palin, who has supported drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife, told Fox News that onshore drilling is "even safer than way offshore." She said:

Maybe this (Gulf spill) is a lesson too for those who oppose safe, domestic supplies being extracted on our shores and on the land."

AdmiralViscen

whee

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Tonya

Phoenix Dark

And that's what happens when you go on a program/station you know will never call you out for anything.

Brehvolution

Of course they wouldn't call her out. She is being paid by fox to speak bullshit.
©ZH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
can we get a :palinlol emoticon
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
PSP

Mupepe

• Icon
I think he's playing by JayDubya rules, where every new page makes the last page null.
This is called the Lost strategy.  Each season makes the last season completely irrelevant.