Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866764 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
The media is largely to blame for all of this bullshit.  Instead of properly ignoring Breitbart because he's a disingenuous turd burglar, they feel they have to cover his BS or show their "librul bias" or whatever the fuck.  It's pretty obvious from the Obama Presidency and the coverage of the Tea Party Movement (they're Republicans, you ratfucks!) that our great media experiment is made of fail and lose.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
BLACK POWER ICE CREAM

http://www.therightperspective.org/2010/07/17/obama-visits-black-power-ice-cream/

I'm not a racist.  i eat all the flavors in Neapolitan

Reminds me of my favorite sports blog.

Sadly they haven't updated in forever.
yar

Oblivion

Out of curiousity what if any cable news shows do you guys watch regularly? I watch o'reilly because I'm a masochist and hannity because his show seems to be the hive where the "crazy GOP talking points" are born, though I'm sure he's mostly a middleman.

I watch Olbermann, Maddow, Chris Matthews, try and make an attempt to watch Fareed Zakaria's GPS (almost always miss it though). Every so often I watch a little bit of Bill O', Beck, and Hannity, just on the off chance that they may be right about anything. (LOL)

Really, though for any important right wing stuff, you just need Media Matters.

Oblivion

I'll ask this again. How the fuck does Shep Smith still have a job with Fox?

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201007210057?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Maybe Shep has compromising pictures of Roger Ailes or Rupert Murdoch?

The media is largely to blame for all of this bullshit.  Instead of properly ignoring Breitbart because he's a disingenuous turd burglar, they feel they have to cover his BS or show their "librul bias" or whatever the fuck.  It's pretty obvious from the Obama Presidency and the coverage of the Tea Party Movement (they're Republicans, you ratfucks!) that our great media experiment is made of fail and lose.

I agree.  The media went full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow a while ago and finds new ways of exploring previously undiscovered niches of shitwittery.  Considering the prevalence of 24 hour news channels, there is a lack of competent journalism on TV.
🍆🍆

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I read awhile ago that Shep is part of a strategy that Fox uses to deflect criticisms that the network is nothing but conservative editorial junk, by pointing to Shep and say, "Hah, how can you call us right-wing when we have Shepard Smith?!"
PSP

huckleberry

I read awhile ago that Shep is part of a strategy that Fox uses to deflect criticisms that the network is nothing but conservative editorial junk, by pointing to Shep and say, "Hah, how can you call us right-wing when we have Shepard Smith?!"

I would bet on it. 

i wonder how many people watching Fox News actually end up agreeing with him instead of the other douche nozzles.
wub

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Shep is probably a conservative but just not a far right winger like most of the people on the station.

🍆🍆

Oblivion

I would bet on it. 

i wonder how many people watching Fox News actually end up agreeing with him instead of the other douche nozzles.

He doesn't pull in numbers like Bill O', Beck or Hannity, but considering he's you know, not completely insane, he still gets pretty damn high ratings.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Olbermann dropping bombs
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#38353508
hold me, Willco  :interracial

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Anyone else starting to think Obama's a one-termer?
PS4

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I'm not sure he'll even make it through one-term!
PSP

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

Reported to the FBI.
PS4

Phoenix Dark

shitty economy, GOP obstruction, limp wrist action...

President Romney 2012 :bow

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

Reported to the FBI.

You couldn't stand to be a snitch to the cops. :P
MMA

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

Reported to the FBI.

You couldn't stand to be a snitch to the cops. :P

I already warned them Wrath was coming. :shh
PS4

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
I think he'll be fine.
Tonya

huckleberry

2 years is long way off...but someone has to cut the head off this bullshit going on right now before it gets out of hand.
wub

Phoenix Dark

Olbermann ended his rant with a plea for Obama to be Obama, to get these handlers away from him so he could do his thing. But maybe this is Obama being Obama. Maybe he wants to pass a bunch of big bills that may or may not do much of anything, avoid scandals/fights, continue trying to be some post-partisan political savior, leave the WH and have health care CEOs and banksters build him the biggest library in the world.

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Anyone else starting to think Obama's a one-termer?
Everyone?

Edit: Except Cheebs
Even I fail to see how he will win if he is nominated against someone like Mittens and the economy is still shitty.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Olbermann ended his rant with a plea for Obama to be Obama, to get these handlers away from him so he could do his thing. But maybe this is Obama being Obama. Maybe he wants to pass a bunch of big bills that may or may not do much of anything, avoid scandals/fights, continue trying to be some post-partisan political savior, leave the WH and have health care CEOs and banksters build him the biggest library in the world.

I think it's an extremely sad thing that people have become so invested in this cult of personality built around Obama that they assume the reason his presidency has been so awful thus far is because of his "handlers."  He's the fucking president, if his presidency is going this way, it's because this is the way he wants it to go.

People still have this image of Obama in their brains as this kind of inspirational figure who's going to tilt the country in a progressive direction and get us out of this hole we're in, and they haven't realize he's just a political hack with a knack for speeches.
PS4

Phoenix Dark

I'm disappointed but at the same time, I honestly can't say he's been a bad president. He's getting shit done and is infinitely better than the GOP alternatives. Most of my frustration is due to the legislation side where a minority of fucktards hold the entire country hostage 24/7. Shit canning the filibuster would go a long way towards making the country better. It would also make voting more important

Cheebs

Obama would be a better dictator than President.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
TEAM OF RIVALS
PSP

Cheebs

Is this the part where PD says we should have voted Hillary.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I sometimes suspect she may have done a better job
[close]

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Is this the part where PD says we should have voted Hillary.
I sometimes suspect she may have done a better job
[close]

I KNOW she would have done a better job.
PS4

bagofeyes

• blow me - I deserve it
you'd have lots of new women's rights. lolz.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
It'd be GENDER WARZ instead of RACE WARZ.
PS4

Phoenix Dark

To be fair, I doubt Hillary would have navigated the sharks in both parties well enough to pass health care, or much of anything else big.

would have been interesting to see 18 months of sexist attacks on her from Beck/Fox though

Oblivion

People still have this image of Obama in their brains as this kind of inspirational figure who's going to tilt the country in a progressive direction and get us out of this hole we're in, and they haven't realize he's just a political hack with a knack for speeches.

I can't speak for everyone, but while I definitely thought he was an inspirational figure (and I still think he is to some degree), it didn't mean I thought he was perfect (hell, even during the campaign he said he didn't support gay marriage). Of course, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. I never thought he was some super progressive, but I was expecting him to be more center-left as opposed to center-right, such as how he seems to be governing.

But most importantly, I didn't think he'd be such a bitch-ass nigggggaaaa.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
From what I've seen, from this administration forward, officials are going to live and be pronounced dead every other week.
Officials need to be voted on based on a body of work and not the flavor of the week. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:49:40 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

Akala

• Easy Victor
the hope of most rational people is that next cycle the tea party does well in primaries and then self-destructs when it matters.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Most of what is going on is expectations meeting reality and having ugly fucking legislative children.  Expectations are so hot, but reality is such a nasty looking bitch... then their children are fucking distinguished mentally-challenged and no one is happy but we've got to live in this house with all of these assholes for god knows how long.

Honestly tho, I keep getting reminded on a daily basis now that I'm out circulating in society again that the majority (and I personally suspect a VAST majority, even most of the people who I would line up with on my side of the arbitrary political aisle) in America are fucking STUPID.  Like, seriously fucking dumb. 

Having said that, I personally think Palin is the 2012 nominee and Obama crushes her like Ed Norton curbstomping that dude at the beginning of American History X.  Cause Americans are stupid, but probably not fucking CRAZY.  Then again, I also think that it should be legal to hunt, kill, skin and eat members of the media at this point.
yar

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
the hope of most rational people is that next cycle the tea party does well in primaries and then self-destructs when it matters.

Yea right. there will be no organized left-wing response to the failings of newly elected republicans.

Mandark

• Icon
David Walker makes valid and stupid points, all the same.

Argh.  Maybe it's overexposure to Robert Samuelson, but pieces like that always get under my skin.

Quote from: David Walker
Start with Social Security reform. Make it stronger for people in poverty, and less for people with higher incomes. Raise the retirement age to reflect life expectancy. In 1950, there were 16.5 people working for every Social Security recipient. Today it's around 2. When Social Security was created, senior citizens had the highest poverty rate. Today they have the lowest, children now have the highest. And what are we doing? We're promising more to seniors at the expense of our children and grandchildren. It makes no sense.

Yeah, poverty among the elderly has plummeted AS A DIRECT RESULT OF SOCIAL SECURITY MAILING THEM CHECKS EVERY MONTH.

There's a bunch more stuff in there but fisking is against my religion, and a tl;dr politix rant ain't worth the rising blood pressure.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I think what irritated me is that the article started off right, like he was trying to lure me in with a, "... both sides dun goofed up" and then swan dives into some painfully stupid rhetoric.
PSP

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
___

Himu

[youtube=560,345]YYzU3wSfoq8[/youtube]
IYKYK

bagofeyes

• blow me - I deserve it
go palin!

show us your boobs!
[close]

huckleberry

First Texas, now Tennessee - 'murica is doomed.

wub

Cheebs

go palin!

show us your boobs!
[close]
Anyone born around 1960 shouldn't be showing their boobs unless they had work done. Sagging.... :-X

bagofeyes

• blow me - I deserve it
BOOB JOB??

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I don't think she'd like the pay cut of being President.
🍆🍆

Cheebs

BOOB JOB?? (Image removed from quote.)
You can have work done without getting the size increased!

huckleberry

I wonder if Al Gore is likes happy endings or just straight up head?

[close]
wub

T-Short

• hooker strangler
[close]
地平線

huckleberry

[close]

:lol +  :yuck

wub

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
duc

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
 :lol

Just laughed for 30 seconds straight.

Phoenix Dark

Good article on the "ground zero mosque" outrage
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/20/a-mosque-maligned/

Doesn't touch on the most pathetic comment so far: Gingrich's suggestion that since muslim nations would never build churches on their holy land, we shouldn't build mosques a few blocks away from on ground zero. Since when do we compare our freedoms to those of repressive countries? I thought conservatives weren't fans of Sharia law after all
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:23:09 PM by Phoenix Dark »

ToxicAdam

[youtube=560,345]1hvaeHllwtw&  [/youtube]

Phoenix Dark

I want to see him run against Alvin Greene

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Oh my god that's the Nashville local news crew.  I can't believe they aired that.  :lol
püp

ToxicAdam

As a True American, I don't know if I can support someone with a French last name. I demand to see a birth certificate.

From Cohen's link:
WHAT IMPORTANT:
1.Education
a. School violents
b. Add reading of the minutes to the U.S.Congress mandatory
c. Get more of the lottery money to 1-12 

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:01:42 AM by ToxicAdam »

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
McCain needs a good cockpunch:

McCain On The Iraq War: ‘We Already Won That One’
Earlier this month, law professor Marjorie Cohn and Iraq Veterans Against the War board chairman Geoff Millard attended a reception to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the normalization of relations between the U.S. and Vietnam and spoke with Sen. John McCain (R-AZ). When Millard introduced himself to the Arizona senator, Cohn reports that McCain dismissed the relevance of Millard’s organization:

When Geoff introduced himself as chairman of the board of Iraq Veterans against the War, McCain retorted, “You’re too late. We already won that one.” :smug

McCain is now the second U.S. official to declare “mission accomplished” in a war that continues to ravage the people and land of Iraq.
___

Beardo

Maybe McCain meant the first Gulf war. He is getting pretty old.

Cheebs

I like his positions on healthcare:

c. See why dental is not in most plans a tooth aches hurt more than a back aches and no teeths depresses people

Who the fuck is going to argue with that? 

Basil Marceaux 2012

:american

http://politics.freesitenow.com/basilmarceauxforgovernor/

He looks like he is dressed as a futuristic policeman from a movie made in the early 1970's:

Beardo

I think he's gonna be the villain in the new Judge Dread movie.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Judge Dredd vs Judge Dessert
Tonya