Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866231 times)

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Republican gubernatorial candidate Dan Maes is warning voters that Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper's policies, particularly his efforts to boost bike riding, are "converting Denver into a United Nations community."

"This is all very well-disguised, but it will be exposed," Maes told about 50 supporters who showed up at a campaign rally last week in Centennial.

Maes said in a later interview that he once thought the mayor's efforts to promote cycling and other environmental initiatives were harmless and well-meaning. Now he realizes "that's exactly the attitude they want you to have."

"This is bigger than it looks like on the surface, and it could threaten our personal freedoms," Maes said.

:omg :omg :omg
___

Oblivion

I'm still trying to figure out that Gaborn guy on GAF. He's a gay, isn't he? Yet I see him constantly defending right wingers. Is he one of them self hating gays or something?

Dickie Dee

He's gay but a lolbertopian that thinks libruls=bad, so to deal with the cognitive dissonance of gay-rights being a socially liberal issue, goes through incredible mental contortions to somehow prove liberals are the REAL homophobes somehow.

Basically take JayDubya's demented civil rights ramblings and imagine he was black and actually making them during the civil right's era.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:32:53 AM by Mamacint »
___

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
"How about we let the states decide instead of letting Rosa Parks make us all look bad on tv"

Phoenix Dark

Republicans Passed the 14th Amendment

The 14th Amendment guarantees due process and equal protection of the laws to all citizens. It enshrines in the Constitution provisions of the GOP’s 1866 Civil Rights Act. The original purpose of the 14th Amendment was to defend African-Americans from their Democrat oppressors in the post-Civil War South.

The principal author of the 14th Amendment was U.S. Rep. John Bingham (R-OH).  In Congress, all votes in favor of the 14th Amendment were from Republicans, and all votes against it were from Democrats.

In 1868, the Republican Governor of New Jersey vetoed an attempt by the Democrat-controlled legislature to rescind the state's ratification of the 14th Amendment.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/8/4/890292/-Irony-alert:-GOP-touts-proud-14th-amendment-history
 :lol

Oblivion

Hey, what they (the repubs) created, they can also take away. :smug

He's gay but a lolbertopian that thinks libruls=bad, so to deal with the cognitive dissonance of gay-rights being a socially liberal issue, goes through incredible mental contortions to somehow prove liberals are the REAL homophobes somehow.

Basically take JayDubya's demented civil rights ramblings and imagine he was black and actually making them during the civil right's era.

Oh, so like a gay Uncle Ruckus?

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
It's fun catching up on this thread after a couple of weeks.
AMC

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Though calling her "brilliant," Brown – who had been seen as a potential GOP supporter – said she was missing the necessary background to serve as a justice.

"The best umpires, to use the popular analogy, must not only call balls and strikes, but also have spent enough time on the playing field to know the strike zone," Brown said.

Fucking idiot.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Though calling her "brilliant," Brown – who had been seen as a potential GOP supporter – said she was missing the necessary background to serve as a justice.

"The best umpires, to use the popular analogy, must not only call balls and strikes, but also have spent enough time on the playing field to know the strike zone," Brown said.

Fucking idiot.

The only thing worse is posting an excerpt from an article without posting a link!
🍆🍆

Oblivion

Fucking idiot.

The only thing worse is posting an excerpt from an article without posting a link!

But is it worse than accusing someoene of begin racist?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
http://blogs.alternet.org/oleoleolson/2010/08/05/massive-censorship-of-digg-uncovered/

Freedom. Patriot. Christian.

Quote from: Mohandas (Mahatma) Gandhi
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

©ZH

Phoenix Dark

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Employment fell for a second straight month in July as more temporary census jobs ended while private hiring rose less than expected, pointing to an anemic economic recovery.

Non-farm payrolls fell 131,000 the Labor Department said on Friday as temporary jobs to conduct the decennial census dropped by 143,000.

Private employment, considered a better gauge of labor market health, rose 71,000 after increasing 31,000 in June. In addition, the government revised payrolls for May and June to show 97,000 fewer jobs than previously reported.

Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast overall employment falling 65,000 and private-sector hiring increasing 90,000.

The unemployment rate was unchanged at 9.5 percent in July for a second straight month, just below market expectations for a rise to 9.6 percent. The steady jobless rate largely reflected a drop in the labor force as discouraged workers gave up the search for jobs.
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2010/08/economy_sheds_131000_jobs_in_july.php?ref=fpa

welcome to the recovery

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Congrats, Speaker Boehner.  Prepare for endless investigations into Obama's birth certificate and the New Black Panther Party.  The only silver lining is that I imagine it won't take America long to remember why these idiots got voted out.
yar

Phoenix Dark

Congrats, Speaker Boehner.  Prepare for endless investigations into Obama's birth certificate and the New Black Panther Party.  The only silver lining is that I imagine it won't take America long to remember why these idiots got voted out.

You mean after they vote out Obama in 2012 and wonder why the fuck they elected Romney?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Mandark

• Icon
A morality play in two parts.
« Reply #10155 on: August 07, 2010, 04:27:37 AM »
Newt Gingrich, multiple divorcee and serial adulterer, pontificates on the sanctity of marriage and the dire threat posed by the homosexual agenda.  Does so online.  Leaves comments open.

As the back of the VHS box says, hilarity ensues.

A few comments saved here for if they finally wise up.

Phoenix Dark

"Which one of your multiple marriages was the most sacred to you?" Dayum son

I'd kill to hear him asked that on a political show

Dickie Dee

God, I would to love to be the liberal bobblehead opposite Newt on some segment. Dunno if a scalpel or a sledgehammer would be more effective though.
___

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Employment fell for a second straight month in July as more temporary census jobs ended while private hiring rose less than expected, pointing to an anemic economic recovery.

Non-farm payrolls fell 131,000 the Labor Department said on Friday as temporary jobs to conduct the decennial census dropped by 143,000.

Private employment, considered a better gauge of labor market health, rose 71,000 after increasing 31,000 in June. In addition, the government revised payrolls for May and June to show 97,000 fewer jobs than previously reported.

Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast overall employment falling 65,000 and private-sector hiring increasing 90,000.

The unemployment rate was unchanged at 9.5 percent in July for a second straight month, just below market expectations for a rise to 9.6 percent. The steady jobless rate largely reflected a drop in the labor force as discouraged workers gave up the search for jobs.
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2010/08/economy_sheds_131000_jobs_in_july.php?ref=fpa

welcome to the recovery

SUMMER OF RECOVERY WOO!

Maybe for an October Surprise, Obama can hire a few hundred thousand ditch diggers to drop the unemployment rate.
🍆🍆

Beardo

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #10159 on: August 08, 2010, 10:49:05 AM »

welcome to the recovery

SUMMER OF RECOVERY WOO!

Maybe for an October Surprise, Obama can hire a few hundred thousand ditch diggers to drop the unemployment rate.

Again, you guys are forgetting all the jobs he saved. He probably single handily saved your motherfucking job. Thats how bad ass he is.

Beardo

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #10160 on: August 08, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »
[youtube=560,345]oAWsy7VV8oE[/youtube]

How was The View? Did he knock the socks off of the women there? I hope it was worth it.

Beardo

« Reply #10161 on: August 08, 2010, 11:02:37 AM »
I bet volunteer Krugman to be the head ditch digger. That would be so awesome he can ramble to the other ditch diggers about how all this ditch digging is gonna get us out of our economic woes.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #10162 on: August 08, 2010, 03:10:25 PM »

How was The View? Did he knock the socks off of the women there? I hope it was worth it.

Wow, an organized group of young white males in brown shirts, and they boo Obama?  :o
___

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10163 on: August 08, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »

oh shut the fuck up
püp

Dickie Dee

welcome to the recovery

SUMMER OF RECOVERY WOO!

Add a few hundred thousand ditch fillers, too.

Go Team Keynes!

I bet volunteer Krugman to be the head ditch digger. That would be so awesome he can ramble to the other ditch diggers about how all this ditch digging is gonna get us out of our economic woes.

CEA: Recovery Act has raised employment "by between 2.5 and 3.6 million." In its fourth quarterly report on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, the Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) stated: "The CEA estimates that as of the second quarter of 2010, the ARRA has raised employment relative to what it otherwise would have been by between 2.5 and 3.6 million. These estimates are broadly consistent with the direct recipient reporting data available for 2010:Q1."

Independent analysts agree that recovery act significantly raised employment. In its quarterly report, the CEA included figures from independent analyses that also credited the recovery act with increasing employment:

Wall Street Journal: 70 percent of economists surveyed said stimulus helped. The Wall Street Journal reported on March 12 that 38 of the 54 economists it surveyed "said the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act boosted growth and mitigated job losses, while six said the legislation had a net negative effect."

ABC News: Most on panel of economists "think the economy would be worse" without the stimulus. ABC News reported on February 18 that "most" of the economists on its panel "think the economy would be worse today without the big aid package, which totaled $787 billion and was signed into law by President Obama on Feb. 17, 2009."

NABE: 83 percent say stimulus raised GDP. A February survey of 203 members of the National Association for Business Economics (NABE) found that "[e]ighty-three percent believe that GDP is currently higher than it would have been without the 2009 stimulus package (ARRA)."

USA Today: Surveyed economists said "stimulus package saved jobs." USA Today reported on January 25:
President Obama's stimulus package saved jobs -- but the government still needs to do more to breathe life into the economy, according to USA TODAY's quarterly survey of 50 economists.
Unemployment would have hit 10.8% -- higher than December's 10% rate -- without Obama's $787 billion stimulus program, according to the economists' median estimate. The difference would translate into another 1.2 million lost jobs.

:derp :derp :derp

you dumb cunts
___

Phoenix Dark

"well how come unemployment is at 9.5?" :smug

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
This reminds me of when Amity Shlaes said that FDR didn't create any jobs, if you didn't count all of the government jobs he created.
yar

Oblivion

:derp :derp :derp

you dumb cunts

Those jobs weren't saved/created because of the stimulus, though.

Oblivion

Why would you count those?

Why wouldn't you?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber

Gee, I think it's because it got people working.  Building things.  Getting paid.
püp

Phoenix Dark

Regulating Wall Street? Unconstitutional! Regulating birth-right citizenship? Sure!

Graham:
No, no. Nobody’s repealing the Fourteenth Amendment. What we’re doing is amending the amendment in a way to allow the Congress to regulate birthright citizenship. These two court cases have interpreted the “jurisdiction of the United States” clause to allow illegal immigrants to come here and their children to be awarded citizenship. I would like to see if we could change that dynamic by statute, but with the Supreme Court rulings I doubt if we can.  The change would be simple.  It would be an amendment to the amendment that would say: Congress has the authority to regulate birth-right citizenship.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/242693/birth-strategy-talking-immigration-lindsey-graham-daniel-foster

lets put an amendment in your amendment so your amendment doesn't work anymore :xzibit

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm

welcome to the recovery

SUMMER OF RECOVERY WOO!

Add a few hundred thousand ditch fillers, too.

Go Team Keynes!

Yea, that's all Keynesianism is about

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

Gee, I think it's because it got people working.  Building things.  Getting paid.

As a temporary stopgap.  Paid for by the revenue generated by taxing everyone else's income, meaning it's not really generating much of anything, and doesn't really do much to help the underlying problem.

How many private sector employees with average incomes do you have to use their entire average income tax payment to cover one average public sector employee's salary + benefits?

enough to keep the economy stable enough for those average incomes to be worth something -- or to even exist?
duc

Beardo

« Reply #10173 on: August 08, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »

As a temporary stopgap.  Paid for by the revenue generated by taxing everyone else's income, meaning it's not really generating much of anything, and doesn't really do much to help the underlying problem.

How many private sector employees with average incomes do you have to use their entire average income tax payment to cover one average public sector employee's salary + benefits?

enough to keep the economy stable enough for those average incomes to be worth something -- or to even exist?

No, because they have to either borrow or print money which devalues everyone else's money.

Government cannot create wealth.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
sure they can. wealth is intangible. if folks want to ascribe value to it, they can. all currency is representational. it's all in yer head, man!
duc

Beardo

« Reply #10175 on: August 08, 2010, 09:42:43 PM »
it's all in yer head, man!

Liberals economic philosophy...
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #10176 on: August 08, 2010, 09:43:18 PM »

Wow, a group comprised mostly of young, white Christian males with upper middle class to wealthy parents booing the President? Get out!

[close]

Quote from: Van Cruncheon
sure they can. wealth is intangible. if folks want to ascribe value to it, they can. all currency is representational. it's all in yer head, man!

Want to bet Beardo turns this into a philosophical debate.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
BEATEN.
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
would you like to show me a currency that has objective value -- that has a value independent of the participants in commerce, and that remains unchanging regardless of the context in which it is observed?

i think you meant "white Christian males from middle- and upper-class families booing a BLACK president?" there willco
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:49:34 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Beardo

« Reply #10179 on: August 08, 2010, 09:45:40 PM »
Say what you want about the Boy Scouts but they are the most wholesome quintessential symbol of american values. Getting booed by them? That's pretty bad. Obama is gonna end up worse than carter at the point.

Beardo

« Reply #10180 on: August 08, 2010, 09:47:01 PM »
Now the scouts are racist?  :rofl

You guys are worse than a stand up comic that returns to open mic night every friday with the same joke.  :lol

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
we play to a reliable audience
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Quote from: Beardo
Say what you want about the Boy Scouts but they are the most wholesome quintessential symbol of american values. Getting booed by them? That's pretty bad.

Again, we're talking about a youth organization composed mostly by young, white Christian males with parents of varying degrees of disposable income (i.e. people most likely to be affected by phasing out of Bush tax cuts). It is hardly a snapshot of America.

And I say this as someone who was a Boy Scout.

This is more indicative of the cultural gap in America, not America's attitude towards the President.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:51:30 PM by The Fake Shemp »
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i was kicked out of boy scouts for paying a kid to trash another kid's project, using foul fiat currency

which was the bigger crime, i wonder

typical liberal scum i am
duc

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #10184 on: August 08, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
Say what you want about the Boy Scouts but they are the most wholesome quintessential symbol of american values.
Really? The MOST?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
personally, i would love to see the boy scouts tarred as an artifact of the old and dying white monoculture
duc

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
The type of boy scouts who'd go to some boy scout convention are probably the most annoying of the bunch anyway.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
but also the most willing to turn tricks for merit badges
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I left the Boy scouts once I became cognisant of how much of the organization was rooted in Christianity and had seeped into our regional BSA council. It just became uncomfortable at that point, and began to alienate me from my peers (not participating on Christian prayers and such). I want to say about until age seven or eight?

But it truly is the Hitler Youth of America's ruling class, but without mass the genocide and more merit badges. For every inspiring story about the BSA turning around inner city children headed for trouble, there is a Canteen Boy.

Also, in before Beardo disagrees that a large part of white America's hatred for Obama is not rooted in racism, or at the very least, the fear of seeing a Louis C.K. bit come to fruition.
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
he's black, and while they don't hate him for his skin color per se, they hate him as a symbol of the new american pluralistic culture from which they are estranged
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
So, basically, the ruling majority are seeing the sun set and freaking out.

I mean, I can't even hate the man as being some liberal socialist. That's the lamest part. For all the Tea Partiers and Beck groupies that blast the man as some liberal psycopath, he's like, the worst Democrat ever.
PSP

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I can't wait til the repubs take back the house and presidency so we can get back the good old days of letting the rich rip everyone off. All these regulation are just hampering their progress.

Pretty soon, they'll want to amend the saying to The United StatesRepublic of American Conglomerates.  :usacry

Beardo relishes in his new found freedomslavery.

"What went wrong?" - overheard
©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
My solution is just to dissolve Congress and let us vote for the corporations directly, not these weasely proxy candidates. Just let me vote for BP, Goldman Sachs, Verizon, etc. so I can try to hold them accountable.
PSP

Dickie Dee

« Reply #10193 on: August 08, 2010, 10:30:51 PM »
Say what you want about the Boy Scouts but they are the most wholesome quintessential symbol of american values.
...that was founded in Britain a century ago.

Also,

:link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay :link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay :link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay :link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay :link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay :link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay :link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay :link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay :link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay :link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay :link :supergay :link JAMBOREEEE :link :supergay
___

Dickie Dee

Seriously though, the fact that he watched that video and saw the REAL America is pretty telling.
___

Oblivion

Why is it bad that government borrows money it 'doesn't have', but completely okay for a private business to do the same? It's particularly strange because I always hear repubs saying that government should be run like a business.

Phoenix Dark

Thank god the government doesn't run like a business.

speaking of Krugam, warlock of Keynesian Magic...annihilating Paul Ryan
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/06/opinion/06krugman.html?_r=2&hp

Oblivion

I'm astonished that none of the higher ups in the GOP have told Ryan to stfu already. Sure they all want to get rid of SS, but actually letting people get a chance to find that out?

Mandark

• Icon
Why do conservatarians think it's a brilliant insight to point out that government spending is funded either by borrowing or taxation, and why do they think that this implies a zero sum game where the government is only ever capable of redistribution, rather than raising the overall level of production?

Do they not realize that business spending is also funded by debts and revenues?  Or do they also think the private sector is equally incapable of creating wealth?

Brehvolution

Every tax is thievery.

Every expenditure is pork.

Except the military. They get what they want, regardless.
[close]
©ZH