Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866166 times)

Himu

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #10920 on: November 02, 2010, 06:47:31 PM »
TIME FOR NEW REPUBLICAN CARTOONS

How will these cartoonists react if the Democrats win or still have an adequate amount of seats?

<--- liberals
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #10921 on: November 02, 2010, 08:05:34 PM »
Rubio won with 50%, guess it didn't matter that the other vote was split.
___

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #10922 on: November 02, 2010, 08:22:17 PM »
Rubio won with 50%, guess it didn't matter that the other vote was split.

Yeah unfortunately it was obvious this was going to happen. Meeks should have dropped out and the Dems should have supported Crist a long time ago. But Dems are stupid. Rubio winning so easily probably also dragged down other dems in the other elections in the state.

I voted for Meeks anyway.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:24:34 PM by Stoney Mason »

siamesedreamer

« Reply #10923 on: November 02, 2010, 08:36:34 PM »
What's up mother fuckers? First round is on me!

Tristam

« Reply #10924 on: November 02, 2010, 08:57:46 PM »
I remember there was some topic on GAF in which the OP wondered whether political fandom exists for people who don't get their fill of fandom from sports alone.

Exhibit A: siamesedreamer.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #10925 on: November 02, 2010, 09:00:36 PM »
Yes sd, let's by all means celebrate the provably insane being elected.  Good call.
yar

siamesedreamer

« Reply #10926 on: November 02, 2010, 09:20:49 PM »
Political fandom? Didn't even vote today.  :lol

Actually somewhat disappointed Grayson lost. Dude was seemingly the only one with the balls to take on the banks/Fed.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10927 on: November 02, 2010, 09:21:36 PM »
sd- do you support the impending impeachment of the President?
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10928 on: November 02, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »
Yup, CNN projecting the GOP will take the House.

Also, they've won 3 Senate seats now- IN, AR, and now ND.  Dems are up in Pennsylvania and Illinois but it's early and those leads are eroding.  My guess is they'll lose those seats as well.
yar

« Reply #10929 on: November 02, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »
Yay. Nothing will get done.

There's something wrong with our political system when the head of Republican party says that their number one goal is to make sure Obama isn't re-elected. Shouldn't your number one goal be working for the people? SMH x infinite.
野球

« Reply #10930 on: November 02, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
Canada, man. Canada. They don't decapitate you up there, plus you can get gay married, smoke pot and eat all the codeine covered Tylenol you want.
野球

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Re: Just wanted to lay down a marker
« Reply #10931 on: November 02, 2010, 09:54:13 PM »
In b4 self-satisfied conservative posters resurface here after the midterms.

(Image removed from quote.)

Oblivion

« Reply #10932 on: November 02, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »
The worst part of all this is that the Republicans have generally polled LOWER than the democrats, and yet for some warped reason are STILL gonna get rewarded. Fuck this country. Hopefully global warming will accelerate enough that living in Canada would be bearable.

bdoughty

« Reply #10933 on: November 02, 2010, 09:55:13 PM »
Phoenix Dark Wrote this some other place but was so darn funny... I had to post it somewhere I was not banned so i could reply.

Nancy Pelosi fought the good fight as speaker, and will go down in history as one of the most effective house leaders. I always liked her, but my appreciation for her skyrocketed during the health care fight. Amazing woman.

The same amazing woman that called raids by ICE, which is following laws established by Congress, "un-American."

:D 

So young, yet easily entranced by the succubus.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #10934 on: November 02, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »
Mexico. really.  You border two countries and you choose Mexico.  Smh.

Also:  gtfo, SD.
MMA

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #10935 on: November 02, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
Hopefully global warming will accelerate enough that living in Canada would be bearable.

With Republicans in control? No problem!

« Reply #10936 on: November 02, 2010, 09:56:45 PM »
I take it the new people/lurkers in the thread got banned at GAF or something.
野球

bdoughty

« Reply #10937 on: November 02, 2010, 09:59:34 PM »
Hopefully global warming will accelerate enough that living in Canada would be bearable.

Ah yes, the old Liberal, do as I say no as I do mantra. Point finger at enemy and back away.

http://www.filtersfast.com/blog/index.php/2010/11/congress-spends-200000-on-bottled-water/

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #10938 on: November 02, 2010, 10:02:53 PM »
owned!

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #10939 on: November 02, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »
Ah, bottled water in Washington. Good thing we've elected a bunch of tea party people to make sure that never happens again.

bdoughty

« Reply #10940 on: November 02, 2010, 10:06:07 PM »
I take it the new people/lurkers in the thread got banned at GAF or something.

People get banned at GAF? Why they seem like a fair and balanced moderating team.

bdoughty

« Reply #10941 on: November 02, 2010, 10:08:16 PM »
Ah, bottled water in Washington. Good thing we've elected a bunch of tea party people to make sure that never happens again.

They are not the ones crying the environmental wolf. 

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10942 on: November 02, 2010, 10:09:02 PM »
Sestak just miiiiiiight be able to pull out a squeaker in PA- he's still over 54% (about 100k votes) with 64% of the vote in.

Illinois is a lost cause- dude is already under 50% with 54% of the vote in.  Lead of just about 84k votes.  I bet he ends up losing by about 25k votes, maybe more.
yar

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #10943 on: November 02, 2010, 10:09:27 PM »
Right. It's simply not possible that, I don't know, there are recycle bins in the vicinity.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #10944 on: November 02, 2010, 10:09:29 PM »
It's especially bad considering it is impossible to recycle plastic.

Everyone should click the link btw, it is very helpful

Millions of dollars have gone toward funding for Nancy Pelosi’s office, printing “important” documents like the new Obamacare health care plan, student loan repayments (a benefit of working for the government), pension costs for retired congressional members, office supplies, electricity, food and tap water.

bdoughty

« Reply #10945 on: November 02, 2010, 10:13:03 PM »
Right. It's simply not possible that, I don't know, there are recycle bins in the vicinity.

Sure we would hate to lose a "green job" in this economy. Kudos. 

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10946 on: November 02, 2010, 10:14:56 PM »
Jesus Christ, as soon as I type that Sestak is down to not even up 70k votes with 69% in.  Maybe Bennett can hold on in Colorado?  Looking shitty now.
yar

Oblivion

« Reply #10947 on: November 02, 2010, 10:16:37 PM »
So, seems Vitter won. What does it fucking take?

bdoughty

« Reply #10948 on: November 02, 2010, 10:16:47 PM »
It's especially bad considering it is impossible to recycle plastic.

Everyone should click the link btw, it is very helpful

Millions of dollars have gone toward funding for Nancy Pelosi’s office, printing “important” documents like the new Obamacare health care plan, student loan repayments (a benefit of working for the government), pension costs for retired congressional members, office supplies, electricity, food and tap water.

It also links to

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=219353

Here is one for my buddy Phoenix.

Since Democrat Nancy Pelosi took over the position of Speaker of the House in January 2007, funding for her office soared 62 percent, from $2.9 million to $4.7 million. For a single office?!

ooops not a liberal friendly site so it is all bunk. I know, I know bad conservative poster.

siamesedreamer

« Reply #10949 on: November 02, 2010, 10:17:38 PM »

Over what?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10950 on: November 02, 2010, 10:19:14 PM »

Over what?

Doesn't matter... birth certificate, failure to investigate New Black Panther Party voter intimidation, governing while black, "Obamacare"... they'll think of something.  And impeach him over it.  Guaranteed.
yar

Oblivion

« Reply #10951 on: November 02, 2010, 10:19:39 PM »
bdoughty, why have you never posted in this thread before today? :smug

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #10952 on: November 02, 2010, 10:19:45 PM »
Being Kenyan, obviously.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #10953 on: November 02, 2010, 10:20:53 PM »
I'm not saying I like Democrats, I just like the Republicans less. Don't trust them in the least.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Still a registered Republican, the last guy I pulled the lever for was W.
[close]

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #10954 on: November 02, 2010, 10:21:40 PM »
Obama treats objects like women, man.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10955 on: November 02, 2010, 10:22:11 PM »
Obama treats objects like women, man.

This aggression will not stand, man.
yar

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #10956 on: November 02, 2010, 10:23:48 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Ah yes, the old Liberal, do as I say no as I do mantra. Point finger at enemy and back away.

http://www.filtersfast.com/blog/index.php/2010/11/congress-spends-200000-on-bottled-water/

bdoughty

« Reply #10957 on: November 02, 2010, 10:27:59 PM »
bdoughty, why have you never posted in this thread before today? :smug

To be perfectly honest, I have not posted anywhere (except for one site where I have a few close friends) in quite a while. [Insert Sad Story]  I spent Christmas on a ventilator, roughly 7-10 days allowing me to live long enough to find out a I have one of those really rare diseases - Wegener's granulomatosis. [done with sad story]

I was skimming GAF and saw PD post and just felt the need to reply. I have always liked PD and just wanted to raz him a little.  

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #10958 on: November 02, 2010, 10:29:44 PM »
I saw that episode of House. Glad you made it.

You're still backing some nutjobs, though.

bdoughty

« Reply #10959 on: November 02, 2010, 10:34:11 PM »
I seem to recall that episode of House (I think there have been a couple)  where they were diagnosed with Wegeners but ended being something else.  In fact I think one was the black politician (how ironic).

Anyway I am not a Tea Party guy or a hard line conservative.  I just side with more things on that side of the political line.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10960 on: November 02, 2010, 10:38:09 PM »
It is what it is.

Obviously I'm liberal but some nights the other side has a good night. I won't lose any sleep over it despite thinking all these tea party people are just awful at worst and hypocrites at best.

The older you get the more philosophical you get about the whole thing. (although I get annoyed by people who get dispirited and just lapse into not caring)

It's a revolving circle. You just try to make it revolve back to the philosophies and viewpoints you agree with most.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:39:44 PM by Stoney Mason »

« Reply #10961 on: November 02, 2010, 10:42:04 PM »
Yeah, I see it a lot like you, Stoney.

It also helps that I live in the liberal bastion known as Seattle.
野球

Stoney Mason

« Reply #10962 on: November 02, 2010, 10:48:14 PM »
Yeah, I see it a lot like you, Stoney.

It also helps that I live in the liberal bastion known as Seattle.

Yeah when I lived in Cali, I really didn't care at all. Because its like the mecca of liberal. All those Sarah Palin types have no real pull and influence out there. So whatever they say and do it doesn't really effect the culture. It's a bit more discouraging now that I live down South where those viewpoints are a lot more common but what are you gonna do...

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #10963 on: November 02, 2010, 10:54:02 PM »
Phoenix Dark Wrote this some other place but was so darn funny... I had to post it somewhere I was not banned so i could reply.

Nancy Pelosi fought the good fight as speaker, and will go down in history as one of the most effective house leaders. I always liked her, but my appreciation for her skyrocketed during the health care fight. Amazing woman.

The same amazing woman that called raids by ICE, which is following laws established by Congress, "un-American."

:D 

So young, yet easily entranced by the succubus.

Welcome back. I stand by what I said old man

Pelosi :bow

Oblivion

« Reply #10964 on: November 02, 2010, 11:01:06 PM »
I will say it'll be interesting to live in a world where biologists have degrees in creationism.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10965 on: November 02, 2010, 11:01:58 PM »
It is what it is.

Obviously I'm liberal but some nights the other side has a good night. I won't lose any sleep over it despite thinking all these tea party people are just awful at worst and hypocrites at best.

The older you get the more philosophical you get about the whole thing. (although I get annoyed by people who get dispirited and just lapse into not caring)

It's a revolving circle. You just try to make it revolve back to the philosophies and viewpoints you agree with most.

Good way of looking at things, Stoney. I'm just glad that Bishop is on track to defeat Altschuler in my district... and my picks for governor and both senators won. Surprised to see that Carolyn McCarthy in my gf's district is behind in the polls right now, I thought she'd be on track to win. Oh well...

So now it's time to see what happens when the looneys run the show in the House.
^_^

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #10966 on: November 02, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »
everyone I work with was voting vitter and it's making me apathetic to the whole shebang.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #10967 on: November 02, 2010, 11:16:00 PM »
Feingold

:fbm
___

Oblivion

« Reply #10968 on: November 02, 2010, 11:20:50 PM »
Wooo! Brown and Boxer both won! FUCK YEAH!

:rock :rock :rock

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10969 on: November 02, 2010, 11:32:52 PM »
Definitely sucks seeing Russ Feingold and Tom Perriello go down. Not gonna cry over Alan Grayson though

Oblivion

« Reply #10970 on: November 02, 2010, 11:34:57 PM »
FUCK FUCK FUCK

It's not official. Fiorina is leading by 3 points. (only 9% of the votes tho, but STILL!)

« Reply #10971 on: November 02, 2010, 11:37:24 PM »
Pelosi gone at last.   :D
+1

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10972 on: November 02, 2010, 11:41:54 PM »
I can't believe dems lost Obama's Ill seat  :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10973 on: November 02, 2010, 11:51:45 PM »
Yup, gonna lose Illinois and Pennsylvania.  Sucks.  Bennet still holding on in Colorado, don't know if the crazy part of the state (Colorado Springs) has reported yet tho.  Hopefully Murray and Bennet can win; and even if Reid manages to win I hope he loses his Leadership gig.  Actually, probably wouldn't mind new Leadership in both houses for the Dems.  Get that Rent Is Too Damn High guy a seat and make him minority leader.
yar

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #10974 on: November 03, 2010, 12:04:31 AM »
The David Broder thing scares the shit out of me. Maybe not that exact scenario, but I was already afraid that if the slump continues, (and it will,) the only acceptable way "out" of it will be into some bullshit foreign mass murder excursion. Maybe after the Presidency gets flipped in '12, or hell maybe they will manage to drag Obama into it.
QED

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10975 on: November 03, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »
Got back from the Wizards game.  Someone be so good as to summarize the damage for me.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10976 on: November 03, 2010, 12:08:39 AM »
Strickland lost.

yea...Obama is fucked

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10977 on: November 03, 2010, 12:14:28 AM »

Oh shit I'm psychic or other people are predictable.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10978 on: November 03, 2010, 12:15:01 AM »
...aaaand Bennet is down to a 6,000 vote lead now.  He's fucked.

Mandark- Dems lost the House.  We lost AR, IN, ND, and WI for sure in the Senate; we're in the process of losing PA, IL and now probably CO and who knows, maybe WA and NV too.

bdoughty and siamesedreamer showed up to gloat.  Their posts were predictable and boring.
yar

Oblivion

« Reply #10979 on: November 03, 2010, 12:29:25 AM »
*sigh*

Fucking himuro...