Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866147 times)

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #11040 on: November 03, 2010, 11:06:17 AM »
If Florida fucks shit up in 2012, don't blame me, I voted for Kodos Alex Sink for governor.

I won't even be in Florida by the time 2012 comes.  :D

I HOPE it isn't Florida next time. I'm sick of this shit.

florida sux
We're sorry. :(

Himu

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #11041 on: November 03, 2010, 11:16:38 AM »
how does it feel to have a fucking CRIMINAL as your governor, ferrariman?
IYKYK

ferrarimanf355

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #11042 on: November 03, 2010, 11:21:40 AM »
Feels bad, man.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #11043 on: November 03, 2010, 11:36:40 AM »
bugsbunnyamputatesgangrenousstate.gif
___

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #11044 on: November 03, 2010, 11:37:30 AM »
I am a bit surprised how apathetic I am about all this.

2004 got me angry, 2006 and 2008 I was extremely excited about. Today? Meh. I feel nothing really. It's going to be a messy and useless next 2 years.

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #11045 on: November 03, 2010, 11:38:38 AM »
Yeah, where is that gif? ???

Himu

« Reply #11046 on: November 03, 2010, 11:42:21 AM »
cheer up!

[youtube=560,345]UACK93xF-FE
[/youtube]
Yeah, where is that gif? ???

IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11047 on: November 03, 2010, 11:43:24 AM »
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #11048 on: November 03, 2010, 11:44:43 AM »
I am a bit surprised how apathetic I am about all this.

2004 got me angry, 2006 and 2008 I was extremely excited about. Today? Meh. I feel nothing really. It's going to be a messy and useless next 2 years.

Same here. I'm resigned to the fact that it's part of the cycle. The repubs will fuck up and get voted out the next election.
©ZH

Beardo

« Reply #11049 on: November 03, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
Did anyone else see the clip on MSNBC were Olbermann and crew were making fun of Boehner for tearing up while giving his speech?

I thought that was mean spirited even by Olbermanns standards.

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #11050 on: November 03, 2010, 11:45:40 AM »
We're sorry again, America!  :'(

Himu

IYKYK

drew

• sy
« Reply #11052 on: November 03, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »
[youtube=560,345]fl378wA75Mg[/youtube]

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #11053 on: November 03, 2010, 11:50:10 AM »
2012 can't come soon enough, provided that the Dems line up a competent challenger to Allen West.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #11055 on: November 03, 2010, 11:51:42 AM »
Republicans just performed Inception on the entire US population. This country is fucked for the next decade.

You act like the democrats have been doing such a great job with the country; they haven't.

It's hard to take someone seriously who didn't feel like looking into the candidates before deciding not to vote since "everyone is the same."

Democrats collectively shat the bed, tis true. But there's a major difference between democrats and republicans, who are going to cut taxes and further expand deficits across the country, attempt to cut benefits, and obstruct even the most basic government functions like confirming federal reserve chairmen.

Lots of people on twitter are saying 4.7% of black people voted. It's actually 10%, which isn't great either. 9% of young people voted. Unemployment is high, the economy is fucked - you'd think the nation's most vulnerable would give a shit what direction the country is going in.

Himu

« Reply #11056 on: November 03, 2010, 11:57:15 AM »
Republicans just performed Inception on the entire US population. This country is fucked for the next decade.

You act like the democrats have been doing such a great job with the country; they haven't.

It's hard to take someone seriously who didn't feel like looking into the candidates before deciding not to vote since "everyone is the same."

Democrats collectively shat the bed, tis true. But there's a major difference between democrats and republicans, who are going to cut taxes and further expand deficits across the country, attempt to cut benefits, and obstruct even the most basic government functions like confirming federal reserve chairmen.

Lots of people on twitter are saying 4.7% of black people voted. It's actually 10%, which isn't great either. 9% of young people voted. Unemployment is high, the economy is fucked - you'd think the nation's most vulnerable would give a shit what direction the country is going in.

???

That's not why I didn't vote. I mostly didn't vote because I'm not going to be in Florida for more than a year longer and I don't even live in Texas anymore. What's the point in voting then? If you knew you were going to be leaving Michigan in 2 months to live in I don't know, Illinois, would you bother voting? Maybe, maybe not. But it doesn't feel like your vote would mean much to you, personally, in the long run.
IYKYK

bachikarn

« Reply #11057 on: November 03, 2010, 11:57:23 AM »
yeah, Florida sucks. The only good part is South Florida. I used to defend the state, but not anymore. Thank God I'm moving to Seattle in less than a year.

Himu

« Reply #11058 on: November 03, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
:bow SEATTLE
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11059 on: November 03, 2010, 12:00:14 PM »

Jesus, how did none of this even get a mention?
___

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11060 on: November 03, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »

???

That's not why I didn't vote. I mostly didn't vote because I'm not going to be in Florida for more than a year longer and I don't even live in Texas anymore. What's the point in voting then? If you knew you were going to be leaving Michigan in 2 months to live in I don't know, Illinois, would you bother voting? Maybe, maybe not. But it doesn't feel like your vote would mean much to you, personally, in the long run.

Yes, I would vote. Just a few Florida votes made a medicare fraud fuckup their governor

Himu

« Reply #11061 on: November 03, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »
Well, I didn't. And I feel half guilty about it and don't need you rubbing it in.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11062 on: November 03, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »

Jesus, how did none of this even get a mention?

Because it's not really Arnold Schwarzenegger?
dog

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11063 on: November 03, 2010, 12:14:06 PM »
Oh, well there's that I guess
___

« Reply #11064 on: November 03, 2010, 12:35:21 PM »
Looks like one of Dan Quayle's kids has won a seat in the House.

Prop 19 appears to be going down.  What about the Washington state tax measure, Van Cruncheon?

oh, we're quite fucked on 1053. it had been polling crazy popular up until now. the good news is that it, like i-960 that preceded it, will be suspended as (state) unconstitutional at some point, because JESUS CHRIST YOU IDIOTS the government needs to be able to raise taxes. thankfully, the state's constitution writers had the foresight to note that ALL acts of state congress can only require a statistical majority (51%) and NOT a supermajority, so tim eyman's dumbass shit flies right in its face.

I'm telling ya man, you and I need to pound the pavement and get the signatures for an initiative to kick that douchebags ass out of the state.

or we just organize a roadtrip to spokane and dickpunch him in a kroger's parking lot

either/or, really

Why not both?

And doesn't he live over here?
野球

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #11065 on: November 03, 2010, 12:45:08 PM »
i thought he operated out of spokane. let's compromise and get the signatures for an initiative to have him dickpunched by former mma "star" tank abbott on the olympia capital rotunda steps
duc

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11066 on: November 03, 2010, 12:46:38 PM »
I felt apathetic about this one because the tide was inevitable.  The economy is in the shitter and people are disenchanted with Obama.  That is the problem with posing a candidate as a demigod; once reality sets in, people will be greatly disillusioned, as most people are with charismatics.  Add in a fucked economy, Democrats curled in fetal positions, and Republicans foaming at the mouth, he was doubly fucked.

Not that I sympathize much.  A lot of golden opportunities came and went.  His summer 2010 performance was baffling - maybe he was aiming to be a character above the fray but he came off as detached from the reality that the majority of Americans were facing.

I am confident he will do better this time around simply because he can no longer afford to, politically.  Unless he wants to get devastated in 2012 or worse, kicked out in the primaries.

As long as there is Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and iPhone, most young people don't give a fuck either way, at least enough to go out and vote.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11067 on: November 03, 2010, 12:55:14 PM »
What a brilliant idea not to hold that vote before running home to campaign. GG Reid (and Pelosi).

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11068 on: November 03, 2010, 12:57:29 PM »
I assume Democrats will cave as much as possible to GOP and teabagger demands and hope that as the economy improves between now and 2012, they can ride the wave of increasing prosperity.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11070 on: November 03, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »
he just came out the closet as a gay muslim and is going to repeal DADT so he can join the navy  :o

Himu

« Reply #11071 on: November 03, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »
best president
IYKYK

« Reply #11072 on: November 03, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »
We Californians decimated the GOP.  Even Kamala may eke out a victory, despite her best effort to lose.  And, ding-dong, 2/3 majority is dead for budgets.  GOP may as well close up shop, decamp to Orange County and ruin a few more PTAs. 

:smug

i thought he operated out of spokane. let's compromise and get the signatures for an initiative to have him dickpunched by former mma "star" tank abbott on the olympia capital rotunda steps

Mukilteo.  My mom sees him at the QFC at Harbour Pointe.  Be fearful of his cancerAIDS.

drew

• sy
« Reply #11073 on: November 03, 2010, 02:16:25 PM »
some of these questions are really pissing me off, where the hell was that line about obama being out of touch when bush held a conference?

« Reply #11074 on: November 03, 2010, 02:27:36 PM »

Now that's change you can believe in!
野球

bdoughty

« Reply #11075 on: November 03, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »

Using that theory they would have been wise to vote Republican as the ball has been in the democrats court and shit is rolling downhill.  Or are we still blaming Bush for everything still.

That said Alvin Green was somehow able to tally 358,069 votes.  You sure you want more blacks voting?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11076 on: November 03, 2010, 04:05:01 PM »
You sure you want more blacks voting?

Your Republican party, everyone!

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11077 on: November 03, 2010, 04:06:11 PM »

Using that theory they would have been wise to vote Republican as the ball has been in the democrats court and shit is rolling downhill.  Or are we still blaming Bush for everything still.

That said Alvin Green was somehow able to tally 358,069 votes.  You sure you want more blacks voting?

I'm going to just ignore the bolded.

If people voted republican, so be it. While I'm definitely disappointed the liberal base didn't come out, if they came out and voted republican I'd honestly feel better. At least they would have mad their voices heard and participated in the election. There aren't many excuses for not voting.

Bebpo

« Reply #11078 on: November 03, 2010, 04:07:39 PM »
We Californians decimated the GOP.  Even Kamala may eke out a victory, despite her best effort to lose.  And, ding-dong, 2/3 majority is dead for budgets.  GOP may as well close up shop, decamp to Orange County and ruin a few more PTAs. 

:smug

If they come to OC they'll have to deal with me and I ain't no pushover  :maf

bdoughty

« Reply #11079 on: November 03, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »

NO state more deserving of likes of Gavin Newsome and Kamala Harris.  Taking the "alent" from San Francisco and putting them on the big stage.  Safe to say cop killings will rise and the state will become one big sanctuary state.  Kamala will just pat the killers on the head and give them coupons to Taco Bueno.  The sad thing is I read SFgate daily (for the lulz of course) and the majority of locals who post there can't even stand her.

Somewhere Willie Brown is getting a good laugh. She is going to do to the state what she did to me.

Mandark

• Icon
Swarthy people comin' ta kill ya!
« Reply #11080 on: November 03, 2010, 04:23:18 PM »
Kamala will just pat the killers on the head and give them coupons to Taco Bueno.

wat

bdoughty

« Reply #11081 on: November 03, 2010, 04:23:30 PM »

If people voted republican, so be it. While I'm definitely disappointed the liberal base didn't come out, if they came out and voted republican I'd honestly feel better. At least they would have mad their voices heard and participated in the election. There aren't many excuses for not voting.

Why ignore the bolded part? It shows what is wrong with our society today.  The guy is bat shit crazy, yet 350,000 PEOPLE voted for him.  It is like the people who voted for that twat Christine O'Donnell.  The straight ticket folks have always been my biggest annoyance in politics.

P.S.  I have voted for numerous democrats in my day.  I am no Rick perry fan and the only thing that kept me from voting for Bill White was that he turned Houston into a little sanctuary city. That is one of my big issues.  Illegal means Illegal.  

Also Sarah Palin is truly the devil and if she ran for President, I would probably find myself voting for Donald Duck or a Libertarian.

bdoughty

Re: Swarthy people comin' ta kill ya!
« Reply #11082 on: November 03, 2010, 04:28:13 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11083 on: November 03, 2010, 04:29:02 PM »
Why ignore the bolded part?

Because it's racist as fuck and PD's trying to let it slide.

bdoughty

« Reply #11084 on: November 03, 2010, 04:32:58 PM »
Why ignore the bolded part?

Because it's racist as fuck and PD's trying to let it slide.

How is it racist?  95% of black voters in 2008 voted for Obama.  For fuck sake, you are calling my post racist?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11085 on: November 03, 2010, 04:33:55 PM »
Anyways, if this plays out the way it always does, doughty here is going to get really sensitive that someone called his racist remarks racist, say how he's not racist at all and liberals are always Pulling The Race Card and basically paint himself as the victim.

edit: Oh shit just previewed and I'm right!

etiolate

« Reply #11086 on: November 03, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »
but Gavin Newsom is cousin to Joanna Newsom

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11087 on: November 03, 2010, 04:38:37 PM »
Look, if you're a white dude, and you just wrote "You sure you want more blacks voting?" then the proper play is to say "Oh shit, that looks really, really bad.  I didn't mean it like that at all, what I was trying to say was X and it just came out horribly."

I'll even let you copy/paste that exact quote and use it on your own!

bdoughty

« Reply #11088 on: November 03, 2010, 04:39:16 PM »
That is bdoughty to you and as soon as you finish scooping all that sand out of your vagina, you will realize that we are all a tiny bit racist in one way or another.  You telling me that you have never made a racist joke?  Never looked at someone of another color differently than you would of your own race?

P.S.  One would easily have to say that there was some racism in 95% of African Americans choosing Obama.  In fact if I recall something like 15%  of the voters said that race was a factor.

Beardo

« Reply #11089 on: November 03, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »
[youtube=560,345]_23Nt5XumaU[/youtube]

If only Obama could have invigorated his base. I.E. pot heads and dudes in werewolf masks.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11090 on: November 03, 2010, 04:40:55 PM »

Why ignore the bolded part? It shows what is wrong with our society today.  The guy is bat shit crazy, yet 350,000 PEOPLE voted for him.  It is like the people who voted for that twat Christine O'Donnell.  The straight ticket folks have always been my biggest annoyance in politics.

P.S.  I have voted for numerous democrats in my day.  I am no Rick perry fan and the only thing that kept me from voting for Bill White was that he turned Houston into a little sanctuary city. That is one of my big issues.  Illegal means Illegal.  

Also Sarah Palin is truly the devil and if she ran for President, I would probably find myself voting for Donald Duck or a Libertarian.

Many people vote straight ticket, surprise. Also, on the crazy scale I'm not convinced Greene is too far away from DeMinnt.

Does Christine O'Donnell vote count suggest white people shouldn't vote, especially if they're female? Take that shit somewhere else.

etiolate

« Reply #11091 on: November 03, 2010, 04:43:07 PM »
I would be all for white suburban wives not voting

bdoughty

« Reply #11092 on: November 03, 2010, 04:43:35 PM »
Fuck it, this is like NeoGaf lite in regards to politics.  Life is too short, especially in my case, to go back and forth on this.

PD good to see you again, I do wish you the best.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11093 on: November 03, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »
Fuck it, this is like NeoGaf lite in regards to politics.  Life is too short, especially in my case, to go back and forth on this.

PD good to see you again, I do wish you the best.

A drive-by bomb drop with racial overtones, meant to cause a reaction as your first post in ages - and you're off until what, 2012? fuckouttahere

etiolate

« Reply #11094 on: November 03, 2010, 04:54:49 PM »
that was before they knew Al Gore hated God

Beardo

« Reply #11095 on: November 03, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
Al Gore, who dat?  ???

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11096 on: November 03, 2010, 04:56:38 PM »
but Gavin Newsom is cousin to Joanna Newsom

I didn't know this. Dem genes

Himu

« Reply #11097 on: November 03, 2010, 05:21:08 PM »
this page is glorious
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11098 on: November 03, 2010, 06:11:01 PM »
Obama willing to compromise!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/03/barack-obama-midterms-compromise

Also, bdoughty is a dumbfuck.  Maybe a racist but definitely a dumbfuck.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #11099 on: November 03, 2010, 06:13:33 PM »
hahaha no shit on both parts of that post (obama and bdoughty)
IYKYK