Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866613 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #11100 on: November 03, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »
You mean compromise as in the same thing he's been trying to do over the last 2 years? Because republicans refuse to work with him even on basic ideas  they traditionally support? That the media has totally ignored?

i'm moving to Italy. Their leaders sound entertaining

Himu

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #11101 on: November 03, 2010, 06:36:33 PM »
speak italian for me
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #11102 on: November 03, 2010, 06:46:17 PM »
dats a spicay meataball!!

(get me the fuck out of here, how's Darfur this time of year?)
___

Bebpo

« Reply #11103 on: November 03, 2010, 06:49:16 PM »
If more EBers move to Italy I'll have people to hang out with when I finally take a trip over there!

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11104 on: November 03, 2010, 06:54:12 PM »
speak italian for me

all you need to know:
[youtube=560,345]jNRHXuNZ6SQ[/youtube]

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #11105 on: November 03, 2010, 07:13:25 PM »
I'm looking forward to the next two years.  The republican/teabaggers are full of passion and are definitely going to be expecting something more from their candidates than a bunch of democrat-hindering bullshit.  The problem is that republican/teaparty doesn't control enough of the Federal government to actually change anything without democratic support so now they're the ones not delivering cherry flavored farts or whatever.  The republicans are probably going to lose a lot of support by the 2012 elections.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11106 on: November 03, 2010, 07:17:10 PM »
or they'll say "we can't do anything without the senate and presidency" which makes more sense

Then Mitch Daniels comes in and leads us to prosperity :bow

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #11107 on: November 03, 2010, 07:34:39 PM »
That requires flavor of the month independents to be passionate for two more years.  Or else if they actually care about politics, they would realize that the only way the government could work the way they'd like is if their party has a huge filibuster-proof majority in both the House and Senate which is obviously unrealistic.  I just don't see the teabaggers avoiding a reaming in 2012.

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #11108 on: November 03, 2010, 07:39:17 PM »
Poor folk need something to latch to. If teabaggers don't bring change (which they won't) who will it be? A new moderate Republican? Or something much worse?

I mean from what I see the people that are hurting don't have much patience for anyone I don't really see them accepting the teabagger's excuses.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11109 on: November 03, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »

Tristam

« Reply #11110 on: November 03, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »
LOL. I love how bdoughty's response was "Look, I may be fucking racist, but you're racist, too! That's 'cuz we all are! I'm just willing to admit it and act like a racist prick!"

Fresh Prince

« Reply #11111 on: November 03, 2010, 08:05:20 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
That really isn't useful. It tells me nothing of demographics, geographic location etc.

Poor people are pissed do they go running in the arms of the free market as recent history suggests or do they go even more to the left.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11112 on: November 03, 2010, 08:27:22 PM »
LOL. I love how bdoughty's response was "Look, I may be fucking racist, but you're racist, too! That's 'cuz we all are! I'm just willing to admit it and act like a racist prick!"

Once you realize what a racist everyone is, being the The Conservative is the only thing that makes sense.

Oblivion

« Reply #11113 on: November 03, 2010, 08:28:03 PM »
Prop 26 passed. Worst liberal state ever. :x

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #11114 on: November 03, 2010, 08:54:33 PM »
I voted against it, I don't get how voters agreed that only a simple majority should be necessary for setting a budget but 2/3 is needed for raising taxes.

Bebpo

« Reply #11115 on: November 03, 2010, 09:06:21 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
That really isn't useful. It tells me nothing of demographics, geographic location etc.

Poor people are pissed do they go running in the arms of the free market as recent history suggests or do they go even more to the left.

I think that pic is trying to show that poor people (37%) voted less than slightly better than poor people (63%).

Fresh Prince

« Reply #11116 on: November 03, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »
I dunno still isn't very useful in that regard

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #11117 on: November 03, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »
I'm not sure when Obama is going to realize that playing the Charlie Brown to the GOP's Lucy, holding the ever elusive football of bipartisanship only to yank it away right as Obama goes to slam in a field goal and lands on his ass is EXACTLY.  WHAT.  THE REPUBLICANS WANT. 

But when he does, it's gonna be sad to see.  Kind of like when your distinguished mentally-challenged cousin found out there wasn't a Santa Claus when he was 17 or whatever.
yar

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
« Reply #11118 on: November 03, 2010, 10:11:04 PM »
expected this kinda turnout, especially due to the concerns over unemployment and such.  But, should things not get any better, it could easily be Republicans losing seats again in the next election.

*Anecdotal* At work last night, a few outspoken Democrats were at work claiming anyone who voted Republican was racist and that was the only reason they would be voting Republican, instead of other reasons.

Edit: Of course, they also claimed that anyone who didn't vote for Obama in the presidential election was racist as well.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:13:37 PM by Ganhyun »
XDF

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11119 on: November 03, 2010, 10:36:47 PM »
I don't know about racism, but there was a whole lot of fucktardism going on last night.

Also, this made me laugh, especially the last line:  http://www.theonion.com/articles/last-remaining-politician-must-rebuild-entire-gove,18384/
yar

Beardo

« Reply #11120 on: November 03, 2010, 10:44:30 PM »
expected this kinda turnout, especially due to the concerns over unemployment and such.  But, should things not get any better, it could easily be Republicans losing seats again in the next election.

*Anecdotal* At work last night, a few outspoken Democrats were at work claiming anyone who voted Republican was racist and that was the only reason they would be voting Republican, instead of other reasons.

Edit: Of course, they also claimed that anyone who didn't vote for Obama in the presidential election was racist as well.

so... You work with average Democrats. Sorry to hear that.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11121 on: November 03, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »
^^^
Beardo admits that "average Democrats" are working, income earning taxpayers

PROGRESS!
___

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #11122 on: November 03, 2010, 11:24:44 PM »

They are distinguished mentally-challenged but apparently not totally incorrect, I believed that Biden would have made the best president not only because I agreed with his views, but because he was a white male with decades in the senate and a non-threatening name.  The best guy to push the policies I like, because I know racism exists.

In the next two years, we'll either see even more bickering or else we'll see actual compromises being made in congress.  There's no way republicans will not become jaded.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11123 on: November 04, 2010, 12:24:26 AM »
Lessons I've learned from message boards:  black people voting for a black man is just as racist (if not more so) as implying that they shouldn't be allowed to vote.  Filed next to "having to serve black people at your business is like having to serve KKK members".

Also didn't like 90% of black people vote for Al Gore?  And he makes PD look like Too Short.

Hell, 90% of black voters went for Kerry, and he makes Al Gore look like Gil Scott-Heron.

Also, in Maryland they overwhelmingly supported Ben Cardin against Michael Steele, thus making them racists in both directions!

Tristam

« Reply #11124 on: November 04, 2010, 08:19:17 AM »
Lessons I've learned from message boards:  black people voting for a black man is just as racist (if not more so) as implying that they shouldn't be allowed to vote.  Filed next to "having to serve black people at your business is like having to serve KKK members".

Also didn't like 90% of black people vote for Al Gore?  And he makes PD look like Too Short.

Hell, 90% of black voters went for Kerry, and he makes Al Gore look like Gil Scott-Heron.

Also, in Maryland they overwhelmingly supported Ben Cardin against Michael Steele, thus making them racists in both directions!

So because black people voted overwhelmingly for a white guy...black people are racist against black people! I'm beginning to understand bdoughty's logic.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11125 on: November 04, 2010, 09:04:53 AM »
The stupid hurts.
___

Himu

« Reply #11126 on: November 04, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »
guess who's the ranking gop member of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Financial_Services_Subcommittee_on_Domestic_Monetary_Policy_and_Technology

cover your mouth because you will lol
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11127 on: November 04, 2010, 02:26:25 PM »
guess who's the ranking gop member of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Financial_Services_Subcommittee_on_Domestic_Monetary_Policy_and_Technology

Was thinking it was gonna be
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rand
[close]

Guess I came pretty close. Still pretty funny  :lol
^_^

Beardo

« Reply #11128 on: November 04, 2010, 03:31:16 PM »
Gold has been performing really well....
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-rallies-to-record-as-fed-feeds-inflation-fear-2010-11-04

If only people could invest in welfare checks. Then the democrats might actually have some financial experience.  :P

Robo

« Reply #11129 on: November 04, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »
Huh, looks like Murkowski might win the AK seat with the first write-in victoly in the Senate in over 50 years. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/03/AR2010110308817.html

:piss joe miller :piss2

Or maybe all of those write-ins were for the default choice: Mupepe  :o :o :o
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:27:00 PM by Robo »
obo

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #11130 on: November 04, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »

Oh shit.  :-\

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #11131 on: November 04, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »
yeah, Florida sucks. The only good part is South Florida. I used to defend the state, but not anymore. Thank God I'm moving to Seattle in less than a year.
If Rick Scott bankrupts Florida, I'm crashing at your house. I don't care if it rains a lot in there and Starbucks is the local currency.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #11132 on: November 04, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
Huh, looks like Murkowski might win the AK seat with the first write-in victoly in the Senate in over 50 years. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/03/AR2010110308817.html

:piss joe miller :piss2

Or maybe all of those write-ins were for the default choice: Mupepe  :o :o :o
IT'S GONNA BE ME!  WOO HOO!

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11133 on: November 04, 2010, 06:39:57 PM »
so obama hussein is spending $200 million a day and taking 34 war ships to visit India :smug
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/11/freak-out-right-wingers-howl-over-obamas-india-trip.php?ref=fpb

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11135 on: November 04, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »
Dino Rossi has conceded in the Washington state senate race. :rock
野球

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #11136 on: November 04, 2010, 11:08:31 PM »
Dino Rossi has conceded in the Washington state senate race. :rock

:rock :rock :rock
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11138 on: November 04, 2010, 11:36:46 PM »
he'll be back in 6 years  :o

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11139 on: November 05, 2010, 01:05:13 AM »

Pfft, he appears to pop up every two years.  He'll run for Governor again or the other Senate seat next I'm sure.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11140 on: November 05, 2010, 02:49:04 AM »
Speaking of elections and stuff, Iraq's parliament still doesn't have a governing coalition after the elections they held in March.

I've been sitting on "The Official Topic of Nouri Al-Maliki and New Era Iraqi Politics" for eight months now.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11141 on: November 05, 2010, 09:16:35 AM »
Isn't Iraqi politics just a slow moving removal of any and all Sunnis from positions of power/authority?  I seriously don't know but that's pretty much what I've been able to gather... I've spent all of my brain cells' ability to focus on America's fucked up politics and the little that was left over on Israel/Palestine/Iran.
yar

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #11142 on: November 05, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »
hey guys, on positive Fox News... news.  I was watching something last night at a friend's and it was about healthcare and how insurance companies are starting to tack on new copays and higher premiums.  And then one of the hosts/panelists/whatever asked "Why are costs going up so much?" and they actually responded by saying that a study shows on average about only 12% of new costs in the industry are related to the healthcare reform but the industry is raising costs because there isn't enough competition in the industry and because they can and they'll be able to just blame it on healthcare reform.  I was like  :o

« Reply #11143 on: November 05, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »

Pfft, he appears to pop up every two years.  He'll run for Governor again or the other Senate seat next I'm sure.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll run against Cantwell and lose again.  :lol
野球

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #11144 on: November 05, 2010, 02:38:27 PM »
My wife got into an argument with someone who used to be a fairly rational but conservative person on facebook about Obama's trip to India.  the girl was spouting off the lies about 200 million a day and my wife corrected her, explained what a state visit entailed, told her that state visits used to be viewed as positives with major trade partners and/or nuclear powers in unstable regions of the world.  The girl's response?

Thank god for the second amendment.

Like some sort of thinly veiled threat against my wife, liberals, and the government.  Kind of sent a chill through my spine and worried me for a bit.  Is this really where we're going?

Note this girl has also said in the past few days that Obamacare has ruined her chances of getting good insurance.  When she finds a job that gives insurance, because right now her current job doesn't offer it.
[close]

better shoot her ass as a preventative measure, just in case

much like in the early 80's, the idea that our shitty economic state is all the fault of minorities has settled in to the consiousness of a hell of a lot of honkey america.  i dunno how far down we're gonna fall before someone is able to pull is out of it, but i think it's gonna be a really fucking long time.   
pcp

Beardo

« Reply #11145 on: November 05, 2010, 03:05:14 PM »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/keith-olbermann-suspended-from-msnbc-indefinitely/

Looks like Olbermann is gonna get shit canned from MSNBC. Probably go to Air America (do they still exist) and then fade away into nothingness.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11146 on: November 05, 2010, 03:29:29 PM »
That's terrible.  In the interest of fairness and balance, since Olbermann gave $2400 each to three different candidates and Newscorp donated ONE MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS to the Republican Governor's Association, I'm sure that Fox News will do the right thing and just close down indefinitely.
yar

Beardo

« Reply #11147 on: November 05, 2010, 03:36:41 PM »
Hey, nobody is making NBC do anything.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11148 on: November 05, 2010, 04:32:36 PM »
The war in Afghanistan requires $193 million a day. Clinton's trip to Africa, the previous most expensive presidential trip, cost $50 million total. I'm gonna say this is the new stress test of whether someone is a dumbass or not.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #11149 on: November 05, 2010, 06:04:55 PM »
Bush's trip to the bank costed $700 BILLION. :smug
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11150 on: November 05, 2010, 07:26:05 PM »

I'm gonna miss this guy  :lol

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11151 on: November 05, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »
My wife got into an argument with someone who used to be a fairly rational but conservative person on facebook about Obama's trip to India.  the girl was spouting off the lies about 200 million a day and my wife corrected her, explained what a state visit entailed, told her that state visits used to be viewed as positives with major trade partners and/or nuclear powers in unstable regions of the world.  The girl's response?

Thank god for the second amendment.

Like some sort of thinly veiled threat against my wife, liberals, and the government.  Kind of sent a chill through my spine and worried me for a bit.  Is this really where we're going?

Note this girl has also said in the past few days that Obamacare has ruined her chances of getting good insurance.  When she finds a job that gives insurance, because right now her current job doesn't offer it.
[close]

That's both pretty horrible and completely unsurprising.

For whatever reason, "That's not actually true" can set people off into a rage way more than "I don't agree with that".  Maybe factual corrections feel more like a direct assault on the basis of their worldview and self-identity, or it's the (intended or not) implication that they're dumb or untrustworthy.

But from personal experience, the few times I've accidentally got someone yelling in political discussions is when I've told them (as nicely as possible) that I looked on the internet, and Bill Clinton didn't have an ex-security guard killed/the CIA didn't have satellite photos of the Russians moving WMD's out of Iraq/the 1930's didn't have the highest global temperatures according to NASA.  Which I said in the most non-confrontational way I could, even.

I dunno, man.

edit:  That Greene Twitter feed is great.  When I lose at SC2, I'm going to write "congratulations i played a good game, i give up" instead of gg.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11152 on: November 06, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »
It's MSNBC's call whether to suspend Olbermann or not.  Much like Juan Williams.  It's up to the employer.

Although it is pointless to discuss because MSNBC, like almost all other televised news media, is practically worthless infotainment.
🍆🍆

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #11153 on: November 06, 2010, 11:51:08 AM »
Never was a big Olbermann guy. Never really liked his show or his approach.

I think the entire cable news system is broken and just news in general. So whether he should have gotten suspended for this is a moot point to me. It's like arguing about the color of the drapes when the house is on fire.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11154 on: November 06, 2010, 11:53:57 AM »
this conservative obsession over Obama security measures in India is pathetic, border line disgusting. A president doesn't decide what the secret service does in cases like this anyway

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11155 on: November 06, 2010, 12:37:05 PM »
I'm not much of an Olbermann fan, but comparing him to Rush/Beck/Coulter etc. as if he's their equal, just the other side of the same coin is :derp x ∞
___

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11156 on: November 06, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »
I'm not much of an Olbermann fan, but comparing him to Rush/Beck/Coulter etc. as if he's their equal, just the other side of the same coin is :derp x ∞

Who here is saying that?
🍆🍆

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11157 on: November 06, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »
No one here, but was just browsing the GAF thread
___

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11158 on: November 06, 2010, 02:11:06 PM »
No one here, but was just browsing the GAF thread

Oh, ok.
🍆🍆

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #11159 on: November 06, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
I used to not like Olbermann, but at this point at I think we need many more Michael Moore/Olbermann raging liberal populists. 

I hate those sorts. Well hate is too strong a word but I always think its a bad bargain when we have to trade emotion for logic or facts. I think you can be very passionate about your views without becoming a crazy ideologue