Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866168 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #11820 on: January 31, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »
Seems pretty clear in limiting the power of the federal government to me. But I guess liberals just make up shit as they go along anyway.

We'll all be having fun in 10 years being forced to buy healthcare from one of the 2 health insurance providers. Can't wait to see how liberals blame conservatives for this one. Should be an lolz-worthy explanation.

Didn't Republicans want to force me to pay banks for a personal retirement account in lieu of the current Social Security setup?  Doesn't Paul Ryan's Roadmap for America replace Medicare with an Obamacare-style system with vouchers to buy private insurance?

I really think this kind of feigned outrage is why so many people just don't bother with politics.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #11821 on: January 31, 2011, 04:44:10 PM »
Can't wait to see how liberals blame conservatives for this one. Should be an lolz-worthy explanation.

Well, they sat with their thumbs(or a pool boy's) up their asses during the debate. Added nothing but got some concessions and figured their obstructionism would prevent it from happening. As usual for most conservatives, they got it wrong, again.
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11822 on: January 31, 2011, 04:53:10 PM »
Hey, have we talked about the Wake County school de-integration yet?

Basically, Tea Partiers won a bunch of seats in a NC school board and are rolling back a decades-old integration policy.  Most frustrating bit for me was this:

School Board Chairman Ron Margiotta referred questions on the matter to the district's attorney, who declined to comment. Tedesco, who has emerged as the most vocal among the new majority on the nine-member board, said he and his colleagues are only seeking a simpler system in which children attend the schools closest to them. If the result is a handful of high-poverty schools, he said, perhaps that will better serve the most challenged students.

"If we had a school that was, like, 80 percent high-poverty, the public would see the challenges, the need to make it successful," he said. "Right now, we have diluted the problem, so we can ignore it."

Let's get all the middle-class kids out of here, and pretend we're doing it as a favor to the poor kids!  Woo hoo!

And a post about it from Dana Goldstein.

Oblivion

« Reply #11823 on: January 31, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »
http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/breaking-federal-judge-rules-obamacare-unconstitutional
The full text of the decision from Federal Judge Roger Vinson is not available yet, but according to reporters who've seen the decision, he's ruled the entire Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. The ruling favors of the 26 state attorney generals challenging the law. The judge ruled the individual mandate that requires all Americans to purchase health insurance invalid and, according to the decision, "because the individual mandate is unconstitutional and not severable, the entire Act must be declared void."

Man, if only someone who was an expert in constitutional law would chime in. You know, someone who got a good law education at top notch school like Harvard or something. Better yet, someone who taught constitutional law! Surely, someone like that would know...
You mean like the Supreme Court Justices, who will most likely end up ruling on this :wtf

who knew that the constitution could be interpreted differently by different experts

it's like the bibleconstitution was a document authored by men and is subject to multiple credible interpretations

Seems pretty clear in limiting the power of the federal government to me. But I guess liberals just make up shit as they go along anyway.

Beardo, I think you and your ilk keep confusing the constitution with the articles of confederation.

We'll all be having fun in 10 years being forced to buy healthcare from one of the 2 health insurance providers. Can't wait to see how liberals blame conservatives for this one. Should be an lolz-worthy explanation.

Is that a somewhat subtle advocation for a public option? :smug

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #11824 on: January 31, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »

Basically, Tea Partiers won a bunch of seats in a NC school board and are rolling back a decades-old integration policy.  Most frustrating bit for me was this:

School Board Chairman Ron Margiotta referred questions on the matter to the district's attorney, who declined to comment. Tedesco, who has emerged as the most vocal among the new majority on the nine-member board, said he and his colleagues are only seeking a simpler system in which children attend the schools closest to them. If the result is a handful of high-poverty schools, he said, perhaps that will better serve the most challenged students.

"If we had a school that was, like, 80 percent high-poverty, the public would see the challenges, the need to make it successful," he said. "Right now, we have diluted the problem, so we can ignore it."

Let's get all the middle-class kids out of here, and pretend we're doing it as a favor to the poor kids!  Woo hoo!

Damn, how have I not heard about this until now   :-\

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11825 on: January 31, 2011, 05:26:49 PM »

It sounds logical at first, shining a light on the problem to help get it solved. But...uh...once the middle class kids are moved away people are going to care even LESS.
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11826 on: January 31, 2011, 05:28:42 PM »
I wish FoC was here to ponder whether integration is preferred so the white kids can inflate the class test scores, thus meaning more federal money

« Reply #11827 on: January 31, 2011, 07:41:56 PM »

I read the whole article. I believe that kids should go to their neighborhood schools. Seattle finally did this at the beginning of the current school year. The rest of the state of Washington has been doing this forever.

Maybe there is some racism going on with this down in SC, but when I have kids, I want them to go their neighborhood school and not get bussed across the city.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11828 on: January 31, 2011, 08:52:15 PM »
gundam: will not serve hufflepuffs

« Reply #11829 on: January 31, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »
But what if you were poor and your boundary line was suspiciously drawn to include only poor neighborhoods?

Then you take the fight to the school board or apply for a waiver.

I feel like when you have the opportunity to not attend your neighborhood school, then that school will never improve. Community involvement, getting parents involved in their child's education, etc.

I work at a highly impoverished middle school, but I just don't see the answer being "let the kids go somewhere else."

I'm not defending the actions of these douchebags down in South Carolina, there appears to be racist undertones in their actions. I just think that you work to improve your community. Running away from it doesn't help.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:12:47 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Oblivion

« Reply #11830 on: January 31, 2011, 09:20:48 PM »
But what if you were poor and your boundary line was suspiciously drawn to include only poor neighborhoods?

Then maybe you shouldn't have been born poor?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11831 on: January 31, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »

Then maybe you shouldn't have been born poor? :smug

Fixed.
dog

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #11832 on: January 31, 2011, 10:18:55 PM »

Then maybe you shouldn't have been born poorblack?
duc

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #11833 on: January 31, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »
yeah when you sit back and say let them improve their community youre ignoring the problem instead of engaging it.  "improving the community" involves a hell of a lot and forcing kids to go to shit underfunded schools does not help.
pcp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11834 on: February 01, 2011, 07:26:13 AM »

Jesus.

Although I thought busing was phased out in many areas a while ago, effectively leaving many impoverished schools to their own devices.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:27:46 AM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11835 on: February 01, 2011, 12:40:19 PM »
A high school has defended its decision to segregate students by race and gender.

The scheme, at McCaskey East High School in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, separates black students from the rest of the school pupils, and then further breaks it down into black females and black males.

The separation is only for a short period - six minutes each day and 20 minutes twice a month - but it has drawn criticism for raising the spectre of racial segregation.

Today the school's principal defended the policy.

Bill Jimenez said the school noticed that black students were not performing as well as other students, and that research had shown that same-race classes with strong same-race role models led to better academic results.

Mr Jimenez admitted that no other students were divided by race at the school, but he added that academic data dictated the school take a different approach with its black students.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350864/School-defends-separation-black-students-boost-academic-results.html

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11836 on: February 01, 2011, 01:02:53 PM »
The separation is only for a short period - six minutes each day and 20 minutes twice a month

wat
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #11837 on: February 01, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
I think those are separate occasions that they're separated.  still a really stupid way to word it.  and a really stupid policy in general.

« Reply #11838 on: February 01, 2011, 01:16:33 PM »
That doesn't make any sense.
野球

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #11839 on: February 01, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »
They get separated for six minutes daily.

Twice a month (every two weeks) they get separated for 20 minutes.

What isn't to get?
___

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11840 on: February 01, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »
Huckabee: Palestinians Should Be Resettled In 'Muslim' Territory

Far from Iowa, likely Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee told a crowd of Jewish Israelis yesterday that he'd be just as mad as they are if anybody tried to kick him out of America the way Israelis are being asked to not build or live in disputed lands.

"I cannot imagine as an American being told that I could not live in certain places in America because I was Christian, or because I was white, or because I spoke English," Huckabee said. "I would be outraged if someone told me that in my country, I would be prohibited and forbidden to live in a part of that country, for any reason."

Huckabee was attending a cornerstone-laying ceremony for a new neighborhood on the Mount of Olives in east Jerusalem -- a disputed territory in the Middle East that Huckabee says should belong to Israel. East Jerusalem and the adjacent West Bank aren't recognized as Israeli land by most of the international community; Israel annexed East Jerusalem shortly after the Six Day War, while the remainder of the West Bank -- where there are numerous Israeli settlements -- remains under military administration..

Palestinians who live in East Jerusalem and the West Bank, Huckabee said, should settle in "territory that [is] in the hands of Muslims, in the hands of Arabs," as determined by the "international community."

Huckabee appeared at the event with actor Jon Voight, the Tea Party's favorite celebrity better known to most Israelis as Angelina Jolie's father.

"And now you are here, this is your time, and you are doing what you should be doing, which is to prepare the next generations and to be the hope of the world that you are," Voight said. "I love you all."

:Huck
___

Oblivion

« Reply #11841 on: February 01, 2011, 07:16:26 PM »
Has this been posted yet? Mega-Randroid, Paul Ryan, who's been railing against social security every chance he gets, apparently lived off of social security for a while:

With his father’s passing, young Paul collected Social Security benefits until age 18, which he put away for college. To make ends meet, Paul’s mother returned to school to study interior design. His siblings were off at college. Ryan remembers this difficult time bringing him and his mother closer.

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/2011/01/27/quickie-paul-ryan-collected-social-security-benefits-as-a-teen/

Try and contain your shock, people.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11842 on: February 01, 2011, 09:58:23 PM »
Huckabee: Palestinians Should Be Resettled In 'Muslim' Territory

Far from Iowa, likely Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee told a crowd of Jewish Israelis yesterday that he'd be just as mad as they are if anybody tried to kick him out of America the way Israelis are being asked to not build or live in disputed lands.

"I cannot imagine as an American being told that I could not live in certain places in America because I was Christian, or because I was white, or because I spoke English," Huckabee said. "I would be outraged if someone told me that in my country, I would be prohibited and forbidden to live in a part of that country, for any reason."

Huckabee was attending a cornerstone-laying ceremony for a new neighborhood on the Mount of Olives in east Jerusalem -- a disputed territory in the Middle East that Huckabee says should belong to Israel. East Jerusalem and the adjacent West Bank aren't recognized as Israeli land by most of the international community; Israel annexed East Jerusalem shortly after the Six Day War, while the remainder of the West Bank -- where there are numerous Israeli settlements -- remains under military administration..

Palestinians who live in East Jerusalem and the West Bank, Huckabee said, should settle in "territory that [is] in the hands of Muslims, in the hands of Arabs," as determined by the "international community."

Huckabee appeared at the event with actor Jon Voight, the Tea Party's favorite celebrity better known to most Israelis as Angelina Jolie's father.

"And now you are here, this is your time, and you are doing what you should be doing, which is to prepare the next generations and to be the hope of the world that you are," Voight said. "I love you all."

:Huck

:fbm

Oblivion

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #11844 on: February 03, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201102020033

Jebus flippin christ.

That's some "Magnets, how do they work?" level shit right there.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11845 on: February 03, 2011, 01:42:53 AM »
Even if you happened to agree with the general sentiment that he's trying to convey, that he happens to get a number of incredibly basic facts utterly wrong has to raise your eyebrows just a little.

Although perhaps his intended audience doesn't realize this.
dog

Beardo

« Reply #11846 on: February 04, 2011, 06:53:12 AM »
I found video evidence of white protesters calling for the lynching of a black judge! Is this proof that the tea party is racist?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[youtube=560,345]E3ctO7fdrcc[/youtube]

1:09 "What do we do after we impeach Clarence Thomas?"
"Put him back in to the fields"
"What about Alito?"
"He should go back to Sicily"

Wow. Liberals advocating deportation and lynching. I'm just shocked I tell ya. Shocked! This is far worse than anything I have ever seen come out of the tea party. What a bunch of taco hypocrites.
[close]

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #11847 on: February 04, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »
u mad?
duc

Beardo

« Reply #11848 on: February 04, 2011, 11:49:52 AM »
Really? That's your response.  :lol

Where's all the outrage and calls for investigation? Oh yeah.... It's only racist when the other side does it.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11849 on: February 04, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »
Most of the SMHing I do at tea party videos is due to "stupid people talking." Guess what, I can SMH at that video too for the same reason. But oh look at this

The poll also shows that while three in four Americans say violence against the government is never justified, 16 percent say it can be justified -- the same percentage that said as much in April. Twenty-eight percent of Republicans said such violence can be justified, compared with 11 percent of Democrats and independents. 
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20028218-503544.html

i guess your vid found some of that 11% huh

Oblivion

« Reply #11850 on: February 04, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »
Sorry Beardo, that dude was a plant. Better luck next crime.

Anyway, not sure how this dude got vetted through Limbaugh's producers, but it's a pretty amusing exchange:

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201102040023

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11851 on: February 04, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »
I found video evidence of white protesters calling for the lynching of a black judge! Is this proof that the tea party is racist?

[youtube=560,345]E3ctO7fdrcc[/youtube]

1:09 "What do we do after we impeach Clarence Thomas?"
"Put him back in to the fields"
"What about Alito?"
"He should go back to Sicily"

Wow. Liberals advocating deportation and lynching. I'm just shocked I tell ya. Shocked! This is far worse than anything I have ever seen come out of the tea party. What a bunch of distinguished effete fellow hypocrites.
[close]

Video shot by Andrew Breitbart. Nice credible source there Beardo :lol
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:14:31 PM by Mamacint »
___

Beardo

« Reply #11852 on: February 04, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »
I heard Breitbart used his republican mind powers to make that guy think and say those things.
That's pretty scary!

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #11853 on: February 04, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »
Breitbart?  Seriously?  I'd be more apt to believe a Goebbels video at this point, honestly.  gtfo of here with that bullshit, Beardo.
yar

Beardo

« Reply #11854 on: February 04, 2011, 04:26:13 PM »
REally? You guys really think this is unbelievable? Look at all the cooky liberal protests that had George Bush in a noose and tell me that liberals dont advocate violence.

That woman at the end said that she wanted to torture Alito's Wife.

SMH at you guys being defensive.  :lol

Beardo

« Reply #11855 on: February 04, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »
Breitbart?  Seriously?  I'd be more apt to believe a Goebbels video at this point, honestly.  gtfo of here with that bullshit, Beardo.

u mad? :lol

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11856 on: February 04, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »
Posting a Breitbart video and expecting us to take it seriously is pretty insulting. So yeah, we mad.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:37:01 PM by Mamacint »
___

Beardo

« Reply #11857 on: February 04, 2011, 04:43:36 PM »
Posting a Breitbart video and expecting us to take it seriously is pretty insulting. So yeah, we mad.

I know right. Liberals would never say such things!
Not a Breitbart video anyway, just a video that Breitbart blogged about. But Like everything else with you feggits, that is just a fact which is meaningless.
[close]

Beardo

« Reply #11858 on: February 04, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »
Or do you guys really think breitbart really does have magic brain waves to get liberals to say dumb things on camera.

I dont really think that's possible. As far as I know he's only human.

Beardo

« Reply #11859 on: February 04, 2011, 04:46:52 PM »
Most of the SMHing I do at tea party videos is due to "stupid people talking." Guess what, I can SMH at that video too for the same reason.

Thats fair, but nobody (including you) isn't SMHing at this video. People (not you) are defending it or worse trying to pretend it didn't actually happen.

It's quite amusing.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11860 on: February 04, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
Not a Breitbart video anyway, just a video that Breitbart blogged about. But Like everything else with you distinguished effete fellows, that is just a fact which is meaningless.
[close]
[close]
'

The person who filmed it writes for Breitbart' websites and was also involved in the fake Acorn video.

:derp http://wikibin.org/articles/christian-hartsock.html :derp
___

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #11861 on: February 04, 2011, 05:45:31 PM »
Most of the SMHing I do at tea party videos is due to "stupid people talking." Guess what, I can SMH at that video too for the same reason.

Thats fair, but nobody (including you) isn't SMHing at this video. People (not you) are defending it or worse trying to pretend it didn't actually happen.

It's quite amusing.

holy crap, idiots exist across the political spectrum WAT

thank you for sharing this revelation with us, rite

i am sorry you don't understand the silliness of your false equivalency exercise, though -- and that is why we laugh at conservatives, if you were wondering

haha, conservatives "wondering"
[close]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:47:03 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Oblivion

« Reply #11862 on: February 04, 2011, 07:05:32 PM »
I imagine this'll be Beardo's next salvo:

Brooks beat Senator Charles Sumner with his Gutta-percha wood walking cane in the Senate chamber.

Brooks was a staunch proponent of slavery and was officially associated with the Democratic Party.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Brooks#Political_career

"bubububu democrats are never violent racists!!'

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11863 on: February 04, 2011, 09:10:03 PM »

It's quite amusing.

No one is defending anyone using violent rhetoric, what the fuck man serious. If you can't have an intelligent, honest debate what's the point of getting laughed at over and over? Do you like being singled out?  :lol

Tea party people are dumb. Bleeding heart liberals are dumb. I spend the majority of my time either on my school's campus or in Ann Arbor, which is a liberal utopia. I'm surrounded  by dumb liberals. GUESS WHAT there are dumb people on every side of every issue.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #11864 on: February 05, 2011, 09:23:49 PM »
fwiw, I don't think tea party people are dumb. They just believe dumb things, which is different. Beardo sure is dumb though.
QED

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11865 on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:56 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/05/us/05census.html  <-- Why movement conservatism, as it's currently constituted, is doomed.

fwiw, I don't think tea party people are dumb. They just believe dumb things, which is different. Beardo sure is dumb though.

Word up.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11866 on: February 05, 2011, 11:25:44 PM »
Yup, eventually they're going to have to stop demonizing browns. Say what you will about Bush, but at least he didn't demonize Hispanics, and tried to address illegal immigration decently. Hell compared to the current crop of GOPers he didn't demonize Islam/Muslims either; I can't possibly imagine Romney or McCain visiting a mosque as Bush did after 911

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #11867 on: February 06, 2011, 12:17:23 AM »

duc

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11868 on: February 06, 2011, 05:40:03 AM »
:lol

and yeah, Rove always has seen the writing on the wall and Bush (for all his personal faults) I don't think was ever particulary rascist. He was an equal opportunity sneerer.
___

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #11869 on: February 06, 2011, 11:15:01 AM »
Wasn't that about when conservatives first began to turn on him, it wasn't for any of his other numerous shit he was pulling, but his soft and practically sane stance towards Mexican immigration?

its freaking crazy to think that the current conservative movement could get me even a little nostalgic for W.  It ain't there yet, but I could see it happening.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11870 on: February 06, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »
well he did keep us safe :american

Fort Hood, never forget

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #11871 on: February 06, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
O' Reily - "Admit you're a socialist!  Admit you're a redistributer of wealth!"
Obama - "C'mon man.  Really?"

is that really what any conservative newsman will do if they get a sitdown with the big man?  Futilely try to pigeonhole the dude into their talking points?  And Obama was steadfast on his State of the Union message, but didn't sound like a shrill myna bird.  But maybe that's just me.

Hell, I was just surprised to see this on national TV as a prelude to the Super Bowl.  I guess this game really does have something for everyone.

Oblivion

« Reply #11872 on: February 06, 2011, 09:34:31 PM »
Ooh, is that O'reilly interview up on the interwebs yet?

Phoenix Dark

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #11874 on: February 06, 2011, 09:53:19 PM »
Obama responding to O'Reilly's "do you know what a blitz is?" was hilarious.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11875 on: February 06, 2011, 09:56:37 PM »
Obama seems like a huge basketball fan who casually watches football and baseball lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11876 on: February 06, 2011, 11:14:56 PM »
[youtube=560,345]zGhR2VnVma0[/youtube]

wow

Oblivion

« Reply #11877 on: February 07, 2011, 12:09:33 AM »
vid:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/06/obama-oreilly-interview-s_n_819315.html

Read some of the article, haven't watched tho

On the one hand, I'm kinda annoyed that Obama would actually somewhat demean himself by providing legitimacy to some lowlife fuck like O'reilly.

On the other hand, it's always amusing to see Obama destroy any right wing intellectual light weight.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11878 on: February 07, 2011, 12:21:55 AM »
Poor interview from O'Reilly. The constant topic jumping/lack of focus was odd, as was his continuation of the right wing attack over Obama refusing to endorse or condone an Egyptian faction.

When Obama lamented not being able to visit the corner anymore, I had visions of The Wire  :lol

Oblivion

« Reply #11879 on: February 07, 2011, 12:34:15 AM »
Interview was pretty lame. O'reilly was a bit too mild and he didn't ask too many significant questions that would make him look too bad, sadly.