Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866231 times)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
i heard that all rappers talk about is rape and shooting white people and that they hate america and cops

pcp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
He's black and he raps: he's middle America's worst nightmare.  The GOP foaming at the mouth over this manufactured controversy is a sign of things to come, especially now that all Republican candidates have to stumble over eachother to prove to teatards that they are the biggest teatard of them all.  If we all thought bittergate and flag pins were inane and stupid, we'll be repeatedly amazed when the GOP primaries kick off for 2012.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Kinda sad that Rapper-Gate was the first post-Bin Laden outrage controversy. I expected something more well thought out

Anyway I heard Huck finally decided not to run for president. He's leading in every GOP poll too. Damn, I guess he figured either he doesn't want to explain why he raised taxes ("to get shit done, you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellows do you think I liked raising them? I had to god dammit") to distinguished mentally-challenged fellows again, or he didn't think Obama was touchable.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:38:40 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Mandark

• Icon
Well, Fox News was going to do more research on Common in order to bring some context and perspective to that snippet of a lyric, but they were too busy drawing an American flag.

Mupepe

• Icon
Common is annoying and is a douche bag, but the whole controversy over him being in the White House is funny as hell.

I just don't think Huckabee wants to spend his political capital on a futile fight in 2012.  I bet he'll run in 2016 though.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
:lol @ that pic

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
I never even hear of this common controversy. I don't think any normal people have either. It's just something people on the internet and fox news talk about which means its like a fart in the wind.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
More manufactured outrage from the peanut gallery.  ::)
©ZH

Stoney Mason

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/16/6653781-trump-not-running-for-president

What a shock.  ::)

So do we get an apology from the media for wasting time on this.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
lol

that was uneventful

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Phoenix Dark

Trump will forever be known as that guy Obama clowned before killing Bin Laden

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

lol and he was so puffed up over finally getting Obama to release his birth certificate too. Man, Trump ran right into that one.
dog

Mandark

• Icon

We need a little Facebook thumbs up emoticon.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

We need a little Facebook thumbs up emoticon.

dog

Oblivion

Oh wow, this is awesome:

Republican Accuses Democrat Of Pushing Medicare Cuts In NY-26

Gotta love how a little thing like reality not getting in the way of Republican messaging.

:bow REAL Americans :bow2

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.

That was pretty awesome, about made the whole thing whorth it.
___

Dickie Dee

Shhhhhhhh, everyone keep quiet about this...let's keep it nice and cool...

OOPS! Historic 'Spending Cut' Bill Increased Spending By $3 Billion
Brian Beutler | May 16, 2011, 6:19PM 190

Republicans stormed Capitol Hill in January vowing to slash discretionary spending by $100 billion right off the bat. In their pledge to America, they promised that, "[w]ith common-sense exceptions for seniors, veterans, and our troops, we will roll back government spending to pre-stimulus, pre-bailout levels, saving us at least $100 billion in the first year alone."

As time went on, it became clear that they wouldn't get the whole loaf, and the key question became: How many billions of dollars in spending would Democrats agree to cut, without risking massive Republican defections, and, perhaps, a protracted government shutdown?

A few weeks after they cut the deal, we have an answer. It turns out the six-month spending bill Congress passed in March increased discretionary outlays through the remainder of the fiscal year by a bit over $3 billion. In other words, total direct spending will be higher by the end of September than if Congress had just set spending on autopilot for the remainder of the fiscal year back in April.

"Total discretionary outlays in 2011 will be $3.2 billion higher as a result of the legislation, CBO estimates--an increase of $7.5 billion for defense programs, partially offset by a net reduction of $4.4 billion in other spending," reads a just-released report from the Congressional Budget Office -- Congress' non-partisan scorekeeper. Analysts there conclude that increase is due in large part to the fact that the six month spending bill shifted defense spending to more immediate activities, which means the bills will come due sooner than later.

When the deal went down in early April, both Democrats and Republicans characterized it as a historic spending cut bill -- a triumph of bipartisanship and the first time in memory that the government significantly reduced spending. But the approximately $38 billion in advertised cuts spanned the entire federal budget, including locked-in "mandatory" spending programs, and it reflected reductions in "budget authority" -- how much the government is allowed to spend -- as opposed to projected "outlays" -- how much the government truly will spend. When viewed more narrowly -- how many fewer dollars will the government spend this year as a result of this bill -- the results flip.

Brendan Buck, spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), explains on the Speaker's blog "The effect on outlays (based on how quickly the administration spends money) meanwhile is slowed due to increased and accelerated spending for our men and women in uniform. As the CBO puts it, 'part of the reason ...is that some defense funding was shifted from slower-spending to faster-spending activities.'"

Before Congress passed the six month spending bill, a similar analysis found that the deal would only cut domestic discretionary spending by about $350 million this fiscal year. House GOP leaders actually invited conservative economist Doug Holtz-Eakin up to the Hill at the zero-hour to forestall a major revolt within their caucus. When you add the new defense spending numbers, the picture changes further.

"CBO had previously estimated that the full-year appropriation act will yield a net reduction of $0.4 billion in nonemergency outlays in 2011," the report says. "The comparison shown here is different: It includes emergency appropriations, excludes the effects of changes in mandatory programs, and incorporates adjustments to various estimating parameters that were applied to the appropriation act to make them consistent with the March 2011 baseline."

A footnote at the end of the report notes, "The extrapolation of 2011 appropriations does not include the effect of changes in mandatory programs that were included in the full-year appropriation act.... The net effect of such changes to mandatory programs over the 2012-2021 period is close to zero."

Republicans have pointed out fairly that reducing budget authority will reduce spending in the coming fiscal year. And overall, CBO finds that the bill Congress passed in April will result in about $122 billion in aggregate spending cuts over 10 years -- and $183 billion in reduced budget authority. "
  • ne thing is clear: congressional Republicans were able to save American taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars in the long term," Buck writes

But that's just to say that in their first bite at the apple, Republicans got done in a 10 year time-frame a bit more than they hoped to accomplished by September. Ouch.

:shh :shh :shh
___

Mandark

• Icon
Looks like Obama caving again.  :smug

Stoney Mason

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Mandark

• Icon
Meanwhile, Rand Paul is comparing government-provided healthcare with slavery, and his dad is explaining to people why the Civil Rights Act shouldn't have passed.

I'm actually a little impressed that in a system tilted towards opportunists and party hacks, there's still room for a flat-out idealogue to get elected, even if they're as crazy as the Pauls.

Oblivion

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Bill O Reilly is the fucking WORST debater, good christ.  Whenever he gets in a corner, he automatically goes to his "oh stop it" and "LOTS of people are concerned!" argument.  He's fucking terrible.
püp

Phoenix Dark

I love how Stewart stayed serious, injecting a few jokes here and there. Dylan, Bono, etc don't frighten white America - hell, even republicans still like Springsteen. Glad to see Obama has totally ignored this "controversy" (ie Fox News/conservative blogs going crazy)

Man, if someone from the future asked the 1999 me which of these options would be true by 2011...

A) The US elects a black president
B) Common is labeled a gangster rapper
C) The Matrix sequels redefine cinema

:'(
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:02:19 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]bXmrOt9LVm8[/youtube]
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/05/newt-apologizes-to-paul-ryan-begs-democrats-not-to-use-his-own-quotes-in-ads.php?ref=fpblg
:rofl

Come on Newt, be the transformative, bold figure we know you are and stand your ground. Go far right on every other issue, but protect Medicare with some big ideas like raising the retirement age. It's not like you have anything to lose. Even republicans don't want to see Medicare phased out. Show us some strong leadership, stay the course, and throw the dice.

edit:
[youtube=560,345]uuo3dBP431k[/youtube]
 :lol

[youtube=560,345]g8OZsJokBB0[/youtube]
:rofl @ the creepy bodyguard. Gives me Nation of Islam vibes

Newt is having the best week ever
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:46:39 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
The Republican party is such a joke.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
The Republican party is such a joke.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario where Obama loses to any of these idiots next year.
yar

Oblivion

As some blogger said, Newt's having the worst week ever, and it's only Tuesday!

Mandark

• Icon
I'd love to read one of those bitchy tell-alls about the failed Gingrich campaign, where advisers all anonymously blame each other, but I don't think he'll get far enough to warrant the book treatment.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Does Newt even make it to Iowa?  What are the odds?  We should set an over/under on when he'll drop out of the campaign.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
My bet is that NO Republican candidates make it to Iowa. The presidential ballot will just be:

Obama?

Yes

No

Please circle ONE
dog

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Guys, guys, let's keep in mind that Reagan also had a rough first week and that Newt is a very smart guy, an ideas man and oh who am I kidding.

Himu

:bow Jon Stewart :bow2
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

I'd love to read one of those bitchy tell-alls about the failed Gingrich campaign, where advisers all anonymously blame each other, but I don't think he'll get far enough to warrant the book treatment.

How about this lovely 1984 Mother Jones article, choice quote:

“He’s probably one of the most dangerous people for the future of this country that you can possibly imagine. He’s Richard Nixon, glib. It doesn’t matter how much good I do the rest of my life, I can’t ever outweigh the evil that I’ve caused by helping him be elected to Congress.”

:)
___

Dickie Dee

___

Phoenix Dark

Well if it's anything like this, I'll buy as many copies as possible to finance an HBO miniseries

The literati sent out their minions to do their bidding. Washington cannot tolerate threats from outsiders who might disrupt their comfortable world. The firefight started when the cowardly sensed weakness. They fired timidly at first, then the sheep not wanting to be dropped from the establishment's cocktail party invite list unloaded their entire clip, firing without taking aim their distortions and falsehoods. Now they are left exposed by their bylines and handles. But surely they had killed him off. This is the way it always worked. A lesser person could not have survived the first few minutes of the onslaught. But out of the billowing smoke and dust of tweets and trivia emerged Gingrich, once again ready to lead those who won't be intimated by the political elite and are ready to take on the challenges America faces.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2011/05/inside_the_mind_of_newt.php?ref=fpblg

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Well if it's anything like this, I'll buy as many copies as possible to finance an HBO miniseries

The literati sent out their minions to do their bidding. Washington cannot tolerate threats from outsiders who might disrupt their comfortable world. The firefight started when the cowardly sensed weakness. They fired timidly at first, then the sheep not wanting to be dropped from the establishment's cocktail party invite list unloaded their entire clip, firing without taking aim their distortions and falsehoods. Now they are left exposed by their bylines and handles. But surely they had killed him off. This is the way it always worked. A lesser person could not have survived the first few minutes of the onslaught. But out of the billowing smoke and dust of tweets and trivia emerged Gingrich, once again ready to lead those who won't be intimated by the political elite and are ready to take on the challenges America faces.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2011/05/inside_the_mind_of_newt.php?ref=fpblg

Huh, didn't know that Gingrich hired Ted Kaczynksi as his press secretary.
dog

Dickie Dee

Gingrich spokesman or Jared Lee Loughner manifesto, you decide.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:03:31 PM by Mamacint »
___

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
INTIMATED!
duc

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
This promises to be one of the most boring primary seasons in my lifetime. Romney is going to win in a walk based on electability. The money crush is going to be too much for the flyweights like Huntsman and Pawlenty to hold on.

I'm sure there will be one other candidate that will be able to hang on for the duration, garnering 20 percent and 30 percent in most states. Like Buchanan in 92. Not sure who that will be though.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Whoever it is, they will be 100 percent guaranteed teatard approved batshit insane.

Also, don't forget that Romney has a lot to answer for- wanting to give people access to health care, mormonism, his hair.  None of that is popular with the sort of lunatics who are going to be voting en masse in the 2012 GOP primaries.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
What, no impassioned defense of Idea Man Newt?  :teehee

PS Finally watched a bit of that Stewart-O'Reilly clip and wow does that explain why Bill O is always yelling over people.  Stewart got about 45 seconds of uninterrupted talking and it left O'Reilly completely exposed.

Phoenix Dark

So I just heard Obama just endorsed 1967 Israel/Palestine borders. Is that true, I'm at work
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:06:34 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Mupepe

• Icon
I tuned in late, but he announced 1 billion dollars in debt forgiveness to Egypt with 1 billion dollars in guaranteed loans for infrastructure. 

Mandark

• Icon
So I just heard Obama just endorsed 1967 Israel/Palestine borders. Is that true, I'm at work

1967 borders as the basis, with "mutually agreed swaps".  So it would look roughly the same, but Israel would give up some land in exchange for keeping Jewish settlements in what was Palestinian territory.

Fuckin' A, man.  Marty Peretz is gonna lose his shit over this.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Aaaaand here's Bibi calling a return to the 67 borders "indefensible".  Cue up the AIPAC freak out machine and every Republican questioning Obama's commitment to killing Arabs.
yar

Oblivion

I really can't get over this whole right wing reaction towards Gingrich. It's fantastic for two main reasons. 1) It's always fun to see a scumbag like Newt get eviscerated from all sides and 2) This pretty much confirms that even establishment Republicans have gone full tea-tard. Why the Reps are willing to go bat for the Ryan plan, despite it having no chance of passing either the Senate or Obama's veto pen, and despite pretty much guaranteeing that the Reps will be about as popular as Al-Qaeda, I'll never know. But that's fucking great news for filthy libruls.

Aaaaand here's Bibi calling a return to the 67 borders "indefensible".  Cue up the AIPAC freak out machine and every Republican questioning Obama's commitment to killing Arabs.

Seems Obama's worldwide apology tour ends at Israeli borders. :smug

Dickie Dee

Dunno, after finding him a disappointment* (if only against his transformative potential) Obama has been rocking it this last month or two, whether it's a finally intelligent moderate middle east policy or clowning TEH DONALD, he seems like he has his mojo back.

*disappointment might be strong and overused but seeing him unitarily negotiating with himself was disheartening. Don't hate but do want him to be better than he should be. Also am stopped being pissed off and glad he's perhaps maybe coming around to the fact that the Republicans are a bunch of nihilistic fucks.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:27:55 PM by Mamacint »
___

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I'd say he's an above average president.  not amazing, but not simply "meh."
püp

Mandark

• Icon
From a sabrmetric standpoint, Obama's got to be considered at least a borderline all-star president.  He might disappoint compared to our own hopes, but have you read the CV's of those other guys?

Phoenix Dark

So he's more Beats, Rhymes and Life than Low End Theory

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
This is all that matters:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/

He's the product of an awful Congress for both sessions, and a product of his reliance of non-partisanship.  It's partly his fault, partly Congress' fault.
püp

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Black bore needs to explain what cornel west is so angry about  ???

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Or more Bossanova than Surfer Rosa?  For those of us older than 25 and not black.
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Or more Surfer Rosa than Doolittle?  For those of us older than 25 and not black.

Fixed because Doolittle is the best
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Or more Surfer Rosa than Doolittle?  For those of us older than 25 and not black.

Fixed because Doolittle is the best

Honkey you are distinguished mentally-challenged
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
you've got to be kidding me :rofl
püp

Oblivion

This is pretty crazy: