Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866164 times)

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I thought Taibbi's piece on Bachmann was good. Like Palin, just turned up to 11, the stupider shit she says and the more we laugh, the more the rubes "identify" with her, because they might not bother figuring out why she's shamelessly full of shit, but they do understand people smarter than her laughing at her and it feeds right into their persecution complex.
___

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #13441 on: August 16, 2011, 05:11:56 PM »
Pd gets an A for the past page of trolling.  Or whatever symbolized a high mark in home school.

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
bullshit I called him out and he ran away scared. First he says he was trolling then he says it was sincere then he says it was trolling. First he laughs it off and then he apologizes and then he gets pissed off and goes off thebore. What does that say?

Also it was to prove Mandark wrong about PD's trolling or rather the reason he trolls. PD is insecure it's not for the fun of it that's why he's so butthurt.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:18:47 PM by Fresh Prince »

Barry Egan

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #13443 on: August 16, 2011, 05:19:13 PM »
If you had a masters you might appreciate the nuance of his baiting a little more.

Fresh Prince

Look at the evidence not from me or PD but the other posters. What have they said? He's finished here. He can't show his face properly.

He's probably in the e-arms of electrikluv probably crying about that big meany Fresh Prince.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:27:17 PM by Fresh Prince »

Himu

:rofl what the fuck is going on :rofl
IYKYK

Fresh Prince

For you PD
[youtube=560,345]cP0wsET8__Y[/youtube]

Himu

Take it to another thread plz

All over my FB there's people saying shit like "I'm voting for Rick Perry because he's a Texan!"

Sigh. It's funny, because those are that's the exact reason I'm NOT voting for Perry.
IYKYK

Fresh Prince

Okay I"m finished when other people stop talking about it- which hasn't happened. You can PM me if you like.

Fresh Prince

PM'ed.

Mandark

• Icon
Perry's espoused some pretty fuckin crazy ideas, but he presents as more sane than Bachmann (ie he's a white guy in a suit who ran a big state), so all the secession talk won't hurt him like it really ought to.

Himu

What about Texas and education or Texas and government programs like medicare/medicaid?
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
Perry supports the dream act. That's as much as we agree on probably.

Mandark

• Icon
Perry supports the dream act. That's as much as we agree on probably.

Whoa, what?

He should be glad that his only real competition is Romney.  A standard Republican with no big heresies could just hammer away at that.

Mupepe

• Icon
He even passed a Texas dream act giving in state tuition and assistance to illegal. He has a lot of issues that Republicans will tear him apart on. I believe he was a Democrat when he was first elected to office (not as a gov).

Mupepe

• Icon
Im on my phone but a quick Google search found this article about Perry and his issues with hard right Republicans

http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/blogs/exclusive/rick-perry-vulnerabilities-145436433.html?back=%2Fpolitics%2F&.ts=1313537200&.intl=us&.lang=en

Fresh Prince

If your a media organisation why would you talk about Ron Paul? He's not as photogenic or as I heard a local commentator put it 'charismatic' as Bachmann or Perry. Mitt Romney came a close third in 2008 with no Huckabee there he'll become the front runner. Paul was a languishing fourth so there is no form to speak of and no reason for him to garner more votes since there are other 'tea party' delegates to muddy his water.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:34:58 PM by Fresh Prince »

Fresh Prince

The contradiction in Bachmann is so clear: Libertarian theocrat.  Shit I came across this
You and I might have thought William Butler Yeats, for example, was a great poet who died half a century before the Age of Aquarius, but EdWatch calls him a "New-Age Pantheism Guru" who was aggressively "undermining Christianity."
What would she say of Byron?! :teehee
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:37:27 PM by Fresh Prince »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
FP is still upset? Damn.

Speaking of clever trolls, Obama on Perry's ridiculous Fed comments

You know, Mr. Perry just got into the presidential race. I think that everybody who runs for president, it probably takes them a little bit of time before they start realizing that this isn't like running for governor or running for senator or running for Congress, and you've got to be a little more careful about what you say. But I'll cut him some slack. He's only been at it for a few days now.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/obama-on-perry-ill-cut-him-some-slack.php?ref=fpb

Life is hard, hug me. Don't reject me, or make records to disrespect me blatantly or indirectly

Himu

what do you mean by "act black"?
IYKYK

drew

• sy
Ron Paul is ignored because Ron Paul is an unelectable fringe candidate whose rabid fanbase swings the results of early polling and contests. 

bullshit.  utter and complete fucking bullshit.  they don't mention him because if they did the idiots that watch dancing with the stars and America's got talent every fucking night might realize that they have an option other than the left right paradigm, that they don't have to settle for the better of the worst.  Institutions are scared of him and the talking heads think it's cute to nestle up next to whoever is running the show, evil or not.

Barry Egan

« Reply #13461 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:16 PM »
bullshit I called him out and he ran away scared. First he says he was trolling then he says it was sincere then he says it was trolling. First he laughs it off and then he apologizes and then he gets pissed off and goes off thebore. What does that say?

Also it was to prove Mandark wrong about PD's trolling or rather the reason he trolls. PD is insecure it's not for the fun of it that's why he's so butthurt.

Uh huh.

Quote from: Fresh Prince
No you do make me angry. This board while small is relatively honest about it's personal life and it's opinions but you always have this vindictive streak (some would say trolling) in you that nobody else on this board has

U mad.

U lose.  Period.

Don't need a masters in psych to figure that one out am I right?

Fresh Prince

Like I said PM me, or can't you read? Guys if you're trying to defend PD don't do it in this thread because people don't like shitting it up. But apparently people like My Fucking Grandpa can't read and takes a couple of hours to talk to PD so he can finally have a comeback. Also I think that remark by Wrath was a troll by PD and Wrath since I called PD a stereotypical black man which he is. This is all I have to say on the matter in this thread. Again PM me.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:29:42 PM by Fresh Prince »

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Like I said PM me, or can't you read? Guys if you're trying to defend PD don't do it in this thread because people don't like shitting it up. But apparently people like My Fucking Grandpa can't read and takes a couple of hours to talk to PD so he can finally have a comeback. Also I think that remark by Wrath was a troll by PD and Wrath since I called PD a stereotypical black man which he is. This is all I have to say on the matter in this thread. Again PM me.

Dude, count to ten and take some deep breaths.  No one is "defending" Cheeb---I mean, PD, we just chose to ignore him.  You bit.   
MMA

Fresh Prince

bullshit.  utter and complete fucking bullshit.  they don't mention him because if they did the idiots that watch dancing with the stars and America's got talent every fucking night might realize that they have an option other than the left right paradigm, that they don't have to settle for the better of the worst.  Institutions are scared of him and the talking heads think it's cute to nestle up next to whoever is running the show, evil or not.
drew last time in 2008 Ron Paul got 14 pledged delegates, 35 total delegates. Okay let's say the Libertarian\Tea Party votes grows to whatever %. Now he has to share that % with Bachmann and possibly Perry and who else?

Also I love to argue so to me this is fun. Just take it to PMs and I'll tear you apart PD.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:44:34 PM by Fresh Prince »

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Just take it to PMs and I'll tear you apart
Please add this to the news feed. 

Ya, that's a winner right there.
MMA

Fresh Prince

Yeah put it to a news feed. I love this shit. Nice way to spice up a boring day.

Phoenix Dark

Paul's hand prints are all over the 10th amendment libertarianism at the heart of the tea party. Republicans just decided to turn it into a buffet table, picking and choosing what they like (no regulations! state's rights!) and leaving what they don't (like this). Not to mention mixing it with neoconservative foreign policy. So while Paul isn't a viable candidate, his influence on the party is unmistakable. And if Perry winds up as the nominee the American public will get even more Paulite gospel on the fed and state's rights, which they'll most likely reject as crazy talk.

drew

• sy
i think people are really starting to wake up at an accelerated rate now as oppossed to the 2008 election, people are becoming dissillusioned with the left right paradigm and are starting to see right through it and their ilk

also by saying that ron paul isn't viable is playing right into their grubby little mutant hands, you do realize that, i hope.  what's going on in the mainstream media is a dirty jedi mind trick that will fool all but the strongest minded

Fresh Prince

Are you going on the results of Iowa, drew?

drew

• sy
i'm talking about the big picture, the whole shebang, baby

drew

• sy
things are a hell of a lot different than they were four years ago in regards to ron paul's early success and money raising

Phoenix Dark

Paul wants to dismantle the department of education, the department of HHS, the department of defense, get rid of the Federal Reserve, doesn't believe in a minimum wage, would not have voted for the Civil Rights Act (of 1964, to clarify for JayDubya)....yea, he is not electable on a national level bro

Fresh Prince

Spencer started it really

Okay drew Libertarians are a big deal but why Ron Paul over the others? His drugs policy?

Mandark

• Icon
Dear god why did I start.  WE DID THIS 4 YEARS AGO.

Someone get drew to type the phrase "melt value" so we can get Patel in here.

But seriously drew, what's your over/under on how many states Paul carries during the primaries?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Apparently Paul Ryan has changed his mind and is now considering getting in: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/ryan-president_590273.html?nopager=1

If you count Pawlenty who dropped out, Roy Moore who is still "exploring" plus Rudy and Palin that'd be 20 candidates. Bolton and Pataki would make 22 if they got in. I don't think there's ever been that many candidates in a primary in the modern post-McGovern Commission era. 15 or 16 Democrats ran in 1976 which I believe was the highest.

Even tossing out Jimmy McMillan, that wrestler, etc. it's probably still the highest if you also toss out those random mayors and women who ran in the 70s.

McMillan should team up with Fred Karger, Thaddeus McCotter, Gary Johnson, Buddy Roemer, etc. and hold their own debates. Ron Paul can come too. They could even allow answers longer than 60-90 seconds.

Phoenix Dark

Ryan is probably just angling for a VP spot or setting up for 2016 in the event that Obama wins. It's kind of hard to imagine him winning on a national stage next year given how unpopular his budget is; Perry, Romney, etc would be fools to put him on their ticket.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
A lot of this is speculation driven by a media that wants to (for some reason) pretend that the Republican party is not run by people who are stupid enough to want to keep gubmint out of their medicare.  The media elites want a serious daddy figure to ride in and white knight it (tee hee, see what I did thar!) for them against President Disappointment.  Which is why they're trying real hard to pretend that Rick Perry isn't a gee shucks idiot that was threatening to secede a year ago and is, in fact, a Very Serious Person with good hair and high likability.  And those things matter, because the media says they do!
yar

Phoenix Dark

I heard the media was ripping Perry apart over the fed comment though? Karl Rove jumped on him too. Perry has never even pretended to be a uniter. It'll be interesting to hear how teh beltway frames his approach over the next few months.

Fresh Prince

A lot of this is speculation driven by a media that wants to (for some reason) pretend that the Republican party is not run by people who are stupid enough to want to keep gubmint out of their medicare.  The media elites want a serious daddy figure to ride in and white knight it (tee hee, see what I did thar!) for them against President Disappointment.  Which is why they're trying real hard to pretend that Rick Perry isn't a gee shucks idiot that was threatening to secede a year ago and is, in fact, a Very Serious Person with good hair and high likability.  And those things matter, because the media says they do!
You forgot that he's the successful governor of Texas.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Also a job creator.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I heard the media was ripping Perry apart over the fed comment though? Karl Rove jumped on him too. Perry has never even pretended to be a uniter. It'll be interesting to hear how teh beltway frames his approach over the next few months.

If by ripping him apart you mean the Washington Post ran a lede that read "Fed may be in trouble" after Gov. Goodhair's courageous stand, then YES.
yar

Fresh Prince

Karl Rove, a Texan who was former President George W. Bush's longtime political adviser, chided Perry for "a very unfortunate comment."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:01:00 AM by Fresh Prince »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
That's just a Bushie slamming Perry.  The Bush people have ALWAYS hated Perry, for whatever reason.  Dumber with better hair is my guess.
yar

Fresh Prince

But it's so mild he also threw 'unpresidential' which is a bit more serious. Americans politics is so polite to what we get here in Australia.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I believe he was a Democrat when he was first elected to office (not as a gov).

Yes, he was a Democrat in the Texas House. Also a Gore supporter in the late 80's.
dog

Fresh Prince

Rick 'Flip-Flop' Perry

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
oh gawd, just waking up to the fact that Rick Perry is being trumpeted as the guy riding in at dawn to save these other turds from themselves...and the media swoons.

I'm pricing out a shack in the woods, fuck this society we're doomed.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:34:00 AM by Mamacint »
___

Human Snorenado

• Icon
oh gawd, just waking up to the fact that Rick Perry is being trumpeted as the guy riding in at dawn to save these other turds from themselves...and the media swoons.

I will join you, we should consult T234 on the proper methods to distill us some moonshine and how to handle weapons to protect it.
yar

I will join you, we should consult T234 on the proper methods to distill us some moonshine and how to handle weapons to protect it.

Move out to the West coast, we don't give a shit and will continue living our awesome heathen lives regardless of who wins.
野球

Phoenix Dark

Article on the Perry/Bush tension
http://articles.latimes.com/print/2011/jun/30/nation/la-na-0630-perry-bush-20110630

I'm kind of baffled at Rove hating Perry. I get Bush not liking Perry, but you'd think Perry's scorched earth approach would be right up Rove's alley. I guess the only thing I can discern, outside of his undying love for Dubya, is that Rove seems to demand discipline. He has rejected the tea party in part because it's a completely chaotic, reactive movement that loses elections; although to be fair, his 51% majority, negative campaigning bullshit helped sow the seeds for the tea party.

Perry's economic record alone makes him dangerous (nevermind what type of jobs boomed in Texas, or the oil company benefit), but if he wants to play Paulite mental gymnastics on a national scale he might be fucked. People like gubmint in their medicare

drew

• sy
get rid of the Federal Reserve

please explain to me in intimate detail on why getting rid of a private organization that is holding the country hostage would be a bad thing?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
We're getting rid of the tea party?  Hot diggity
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon

Move out to the West coast, we don't give a shit and will continue living our awesome heathen lives regardless of who wins.

I would like to.  I really need to finish school however, and doing so in a state where I have residency and don't have to wait a year or whatever to get the discounted tuition rate seems like a good, even RESPONSIBLE thing to do, which is totally not in my character but whatever.
yar

Fresh Prince

You know there's three people that would maybe vote for Ron Paul on board- drew, Spencer and Wrath if he was American. I'd like to know why from the other two.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Spencer should really know better.
yar

Phoenix Dark

get rid of the Federal Reserve

please explain to me in intimate detail on why getting rid of a private organization that is holding the country hostage would be a bad thing?

Hold on, how is the federal reserve holding the country hostage?

drew

• sy
oh boy, it's really too late for me to break this down to you, google is your friend, i guess

if you're not hip to that you probably also don't know that Rick Perry killed little girls with forced inoculations, doesn't sound very electable to me, but i don't know maybe i'm just weird or something

Himu

Also a job creator.

Most Texas jobs being created are in specific industries isolated to the Texas economy and culture.
IYKYK

Fresh Prince

People voted for Bush even though he was a draft dodger and sounded stupid.
People voted for Obama even though he was black.
The American people can look past things when it comes to elections and then bitch about them once they are actually in power. It's just the American way TM.